Obsidian make two Baldurs Gate spiritual successors

>Obsidian make two Baldurs Gate spiritual successors
>WotC pick Larian Studios to make BG3

How is that fair?

Attached: Ych8nqnqwmffBzVoJZULqB.jpg (909x520, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N0xNKM-BEAQ&t=113s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Larian is great.

WRONG!
They both suck.
There is no winning here.

Larian is mediocre, but they at least aren't incompetent shits like beamdog

Chance they want some studio that actually finishes their games.

I used to be active in Beamdog forums and I had to leave because the moderators were turbo-signaling faggots. The entire fiasco with that lesbian vampire was too much.

INCORRECT!
Larian are very good.

>fiasco with that lesbian vampire
Wait, what? That sounds hot. What happened?

because they fucked up and made two Icewind Dale successors instead

>Thats sounds hot
Pfffft

Attached: 1563549280218.png (1061x462, 252K)

Disgusting.

>browse deadfire thread during the indiegogo campaign
>everyone pretending IWD2 was a masterpiece because Sawyer was lead on it.

Attached: 1370395942692.jpg (400x400, 33K)

What user wrote here is the character, but the fiasco was that she's a lesbian and thus can only be romanced by female main characters. There were some people in the forums asking to make her bi at least so male characters could romance her and moderators were using arguments of the kind "you men already have all the advantages", "stop being so homophobic fetishizing lesbians" and all that kind. You also had lots of users who would just the most arrogant, straw-mannish arguments as well. It was infuriating. I think that most level-headed people left that forum then, so now it's just virtue signalers remaining. There were some discussions before this that raised my alarm, mostly about the "sexist treatment of female characters in BG". They meant characters like Safana or the manhater warrior.

oh no, she's black

Oh, I forgot. Lots of controversy around Jaheira, which made me angry as well. I find her to be a fascinating character, but somehow it was sexist against women that she was a "nagging wife" (she isn't). If Jaheira is somehow making all women look bad, wouldn't Khalid make all men look bad in comparison? Considering he's an emasculated coward, who gets destroyed by Irenicus and you then can even cuck him in death.

I remember the initial praise in the beamdog forum...

When you have a company like Beamdog denigrating the game name you have to try to give the 'franchise' a boost using a recently successful studio for the next title. Since games like Tyranny or Deadfire were lackluster Larian was the only choice.

Because Obsidian got bought by MS and were already working on The Outer Worlds.

Are they going to keep using ADnD?

They've stated they're going to use a modified 5e.

Attached: 1485117756567.jpg (475x593, 103K)

>Not just immediately killing her and her tribe

Gay

Every crpg claims to be the spiritual successor of BG. Dragon Age did too.
Now, Obsidian used its own lore to create those "spiritual successors" and so it doesn't really need to spend money on WotC's licenses.
I don't know why did Larian make this move, they have their own lores as well. I guess they thought it would market itself.

Damn, that MakeApp did a number on Zoe.

Kek
Nobody wants AD&D nonsense in 2019, user.
It's going to be 5e with fixes here and there.

You can tell that Sven and others at Larian are big fans of both tabletop gaming and BG.

>tfw you'll never be frightening, hairy, stinky, insatiable, clever hunter, brutish, skilled fighter, tenaciously loyal, intelligent, uneducated, hulking, agile, unapologetic killer but not evil, boastful, daring, smart, easily excited, proud, regal and wholly deadly with a quirky sense of humor

cos turn-based and redpilled chads always win hahahah
seeth dilate have sex and cope obsidiots

Attached: 1553949422900.jpg (888x894, 68K)

The fuck are you doing? You are suppose to stretch those out so the thread won't die in an hour.

>meet Hexxat during one of my recent replays of BG2
>"huh, must be some of the new shit, I don't remember this from back in the day"
>fall to that exact bait and switch
>decide to attack her because she's a fucking vampire
>she can't be killed
Quality fucking writing

WIll based Viconia be back?
What about Jaheira?

Minsc is likely to appear, and Coran has also had additional material showing him being alive. I don't recall anything regarding anyone else showing up recently.

>Minsc is likely to appear
Well of fucking course this retard had to appear, same reason they shoehorned him into the Neverwinter mmo, to get all the memers on the hype train

>that writing
Come onman. You can't defend that no matter how much fun you had playing divinity with friends

Nothing wrong with Minsc in BG, unless the occasional
>Butt-kicking for goodness!
upset you. He's the kind of character that is fine as a one dimensional NPC, but doesn't have enough going for him to be really fleshed out, so when they try it fucks everything up.

How?
Isn't it set 100 years later? I know his VA is active from SoD but still

Coran was an Elf, and showed up in some 5e related BG stuff or something, Minsc is either an animated statue with his original personality attached, or had been petrified at some point and was used as a statue in BG.

both busy raising my bhaalspawn's ballspawn

Attached: aiQL5Hb.jpg (605x839, 169K)

My only problem with Minsc is not Minsc himself, he was actually funny back in the day. The problem is the usual reddit thing, they're the sort of people who will repeat a joke over and over until it goes from being amusing to being physically painful to hear

But isn't divinity original sin writing meant to be silly?

Larian sells more than Obsidian, simple as that, the WotC goons go where the money is at.
Btw both suck.

If Larian is a bad company then what is EA and bioware?

I can't wait to see her bros!

Attached: 14253574689.jpg (210x330, 16K)

>Imoen rape flashbacks
>"there there, poor dark dwarf =("

Im worried about the big battles in BG3 , both DoS games by Larian delivered shitty ass boss battles.
I so want this game to be good.

Attached: Super_map.png (1204x902, 1.28M)

The blue/white disc re-release had some strange choices with its packaging, who really needed a weird Sarevok print?

>this shit was one of the top rated mods for years

And this is why I still have an aversion to player created content today.

context?

looks like something straight from that samurai warriors game on PS2

Attached: Confused Dungeon Adventure.png (314x278, 129K)

bump

15 year old paladin girl that dies if you tell her you don't love her. It's pretty much a pedo mod where you groom an underage girl.

unbelievably based

Attached: hoyboy.png (216x178, 54K)

I really, REALLY hope they don't ruin modding, but looking at DoS1 and 2, it seems they will ruin modding.

There's nothing better than taking both BGs and modding them to hell and back to your heart's desire. Even better when after all the extensive modding, it all just WERKS.

Attached: 1519747126055.jpg (405x447, 14K)

Never really noticed how stupid those stairs leading to the second tier of the city are until now. Jesus Christ.

They looked at sales, that's it.

Larian isn't actually a good call since they're not good at real-time-with-pause (if BG3 doesn't have support for it, there will be a shitstorm) style games and have terrible writers.

Attached: 1329437644800.png (667x348, 254K)

inb4 WotC forces Larian to shove in faggotshit and other such trash

It's amazing how Starks can write everything really well but the moment she tuches companions her writing becomes literally shitty fanfic tier.

This is shit

I can almost guarantee that they'll include an option for elves to swap genders since WotC shoved it into 5e as a retcon.
Plus, Crawford's gay, so there's that.

Best thing is, it was actually written by a woman and her husband just coded it.

>I can almost guarantee that they'll include an option for elves to swap genders since WotC shoved it into 5e as a retcon.
The fuck? Elves can swap genders? Fuck's this shit?

Attached: 1529501200373.jpg (554x554, 21K)

Elves got upset when people kept calling them fags, so now they pretend to be women so they're called "hot" instead

Corellon Larethian, god of elves, has always been androgynous. Due to the SJW bullshit, that now means, despite always being "he" in everything, is now genderfluid, and he grants that power to elves.

modding games has been out the door for 10 years now. frankly you shouldn't even expect any modding support for games in 2019.

>beamdog
>larian
>obsidian
Nah.
Only autistic slavs from Owlcat are grognard enough to give us proper BG3

Well, DoS 1 and 2 had some sort of modding support with an editor, but for some reason it never took off and they never got any good mods. I don't know whether this is due to Larian fucking it up or people just not caring enough to mod those games. I assume Larian fucked something up, 'cause those games would be great for modding.

>owlcat
Yeah, a completely bug infested, terribly written, terribly designed game would be wonderful. Let's the the worst of them all, owlcat, to make a new BG that will go down in history as the worst sequel ever made.

>owlcat
Yeah, a completely bug free, magnificently written, magnificently designed game would be wonderful. Let's the the best of them all, owlcat, to make a new BG that will go down in history as the best sequel ever made.

The bugs were awfulbut everything else was pure kino. At the very lesst they did much better job than Obsidian did with PoE and PoE2.

That's really arguable, as PoE did one of the most iconic things about BG much better, companions. They aren't all up to spec, but neither were the originals, and Eder and Durance are top tier.

Tyranny and Pillars are much worse games than the original sins.

Their defining system, the kingdom system, is possibly the worst shit in the game. Who in their right mind would ever trust those hacks?

This, obs*dian with their
>T(y)RANNY and PILL(ar)S
would have been the worst case scenario.

>muh Obsidian
Give me Alpha Protocol 2 or fuck off.

Sega IP.

I'm aware, don't care, give me.

The difficulty balancing is shit. Why even base it in the tabletop system if you're going to completely ignore how it's stats system is balanced and just add arbitrary attack and damage and ac bonuses to random trash mobs.
Fucking owlbears with the strength stat of a dragon, packs if worgs that are individually stronger than trolls, random donutsteel bear treant thing that hits for 30 damage non to against level 2 party with a tank that has 50hp.

Post some good writing by this person

Do you think I fucking screencap all convos in games or something? Go to codex and search for yourself.

I haven't played Deadifre but I hated that PoE companions barely reacted to anything and the few times they spoke up npcs just ignored them. I wasn't impressed with the interparty banters either What do you like about about them?

>Fucking owlbears with the strength stat of a dragon
The tarasque owlbears were fixed a long time ago, along with the Pitax wardens that would stack AC every time you quicksaved

Its not even silly. Its terrible no matter how you look at it.

>Fucking owlbears with the strength stat of a dragon
Aboslutely based and redpilled Owlbears owning weebs.

I also have not played Deadfire, but i throrougly enjoyed Durance's frank and direct opinions regarding the gods, particularly considering how much of PoE is directly related to them. Eder had great banter with literally every other companion, and it was nice to have a simple, good, but out of his element man to comment on all the absurd and odd encounters and people along the way.
Remember that most companions in BG only ever had occasional banter dialogue, one quest, and maybe a handful of reactions to NPCs in the whole game.

I'm a complete retard when it comes to DnD rules and just played whatever felt right and didn't have any problems at launch playing on normal. Meanwhile all the Pathfinder """"veterans"""" cried that the game is too hard no matter the difficulty. Just git gud.

>reinstall PoE because of this thread
>get bored and quit on the walk to the first village

I dont understand why I dont enjoy this game.

The furthest I got was going to the major city in PoE after that first village and quitting because the game just wasnt very interesting

The only reason they roided stats was because RTwP is shitty system that trivializes anything, and Pathfinder allows really stupid shit even in the castrated implementation that is Kingmaker to begin with, if you think Greater Owlbears are unfair shit know that you can just solo them effortlessly with a blaster sorcerer.
I mean, yeah, it's shit balance but you wouldn't play CRPGs, especially pathfinder based CRPGs for that.

What about the Doomspider that drains 4 dex per hit? Each got makes subsequent hits more likely. 4 hits and youre dead regardless of hp or healing. And it comes with a friend that speaks hold person

>What about the Doomspider that drains 4 dex per hit?
Lob a buffed pet at it while you bumrush the nymph.

>tfw helped that nymph bitch out and then she tried to kill me

If people want to munchkin it up, let them turn up the difficulty. Hell, I'll probably do it eventually but its stupid to have things the way they are on normal difficulty on the first playthrough.

I loved Durance, Eder, Hiravias and Zahua . and to a lesser extent Palledegina and Grieving MILF. They were excellently written, imo . Deadfire on the other hand, was a massive let down in the writing department and nautical pirate themed adventures just aren't that exciting for me, at least not as an entire campaign . I wanted to like Deadfire, I tried multiple times to get into it even bought the GOTY edition season pass thing with all DLC . The writing just feels...off. Hollow, rushed, and with no real depth or dimension to it. You could argue PoE 1 had the problem of TOO MUCH over exposition, and I'd even agree with you there, it did suffer from that. BUT it also succeeded [at least to me] in making you feel invested in the world , characters, and story around you. Things felt more interconnected like a web, instead of a themepark. Which is what deadfire felt like, at least the part of it I played.

Attached: 9a8815cc68ff13c979a375f948967507.jpg (236x295, 15K)

Summons aren't controllable. I had to resort to spamming a swarm of dogs to surround it while I killed the nymph.

>mfw ranger main with natural bond and a wolf
Knock downs for days

Attached: 137954313613.jpg (364x420, 31K)

thats my experience with PoE 1 too though. It all just feels off. Hollow.

WotC is a cucked SJW company (see Mike Mearls, and Jeremy Crawford twitter)
So obviously they choose a leftist lenient company like Larian who will make the game a agenda pushing, forced comedy shitshow (just like every previously Larian game)

Attached: No time for this bullshit.jpg (368x368, 35K)

Comprobable wrong
Take a go at Larian previous games. Divinity OS 2 is famous by sheer luck

>Hexxat
WHO didn't kill this nigger immediately?

>If people want to munchkin it up, let them turn up the difficulty.
But the game on normal really isn't difficult outside of Vordakai's tomb, which is difficult regardless of your difficulty setting due to being bullshit.
3.5/Pathfinder is inherently made for munchkins and Kingmaker is deliberately designed for munchkins, which is why you have bullshit like that one river location with the Boggard nest that is vastly overleveled for the time you unlock it or those various lone locations spread throughout the game with one or two overleveled enemies that guard or drop absurdly good loot.

And the worst thing is, you can totally trivialize those with little effort, the problem is that you don't know they're a thing, so it becomes a frustrating game of quicksaves and load because surprise, you've been fucked up by this totally out of the field encounter you had zero chances to win without batman tier preparation.
Even Baldtop Hill eventually becomes boring routine, it might surprise you for the first two rounds since you're also undergeared and underleveled, but beyond those it's just the usual tactic of buffing up insanely before initiating the fight and then watch the same old stale autobattle play out.
Granted, the Turn Based mod makes the game MUCH more enjoyable and also vaguely rebalances it, but if you complaing about Pathfinder being too munchking for your taste, you've clearly missed the point of the game by a long shot.
>Summons aren't controllable.
Pets are, just lob your buffed Smilodon at it, even Ekun's doggo is more than enough, the real danger is the nymph buffing the Doomspider either way.
Or really just have Harrim spam endless hordes of skellies if you want to be a dick, use pits, I dunno.

I like both of these developers and look forward to seeing more games from them.

>>Obsidian make two Baldurs Gate spiritual successors
>>WotC pick Larian Studios to make BG3
>How is that fair?

because both PoE games were absolute fucking garbage maybe?

Larian is 10 times worse than Obsidian

I could see why some might feel that way about PoE 1 as well, and I'm not saying it's the pinnacle of writing here either, simply that, compared to PoE 1, Deadfire is a steep downturn in writing quality, specifically the character writing and connecting it to the story. What PoE 1 did well, imo, is with the character writing, and fleshing out their stories in a way that ties you into the main narrative . there were admittedly spots in the main story arc that felt dry but OVERALL I felt it was decent. not like 10/10 best writing but it wasn't awful either. PoE 1 for me was a rough, unpolished stone with huge potential to be a gleaming gem if they'd have just taken what worked and trimmed the fat off. instead they went the opposite direction, and hired pozzed writers and sliced off the depth to focus on combat mechanics like IWD. and that to me, is the real travesty here. I enjoyed the main story of PoE 1 well enough, despite its flaws. White March I liked quite a bit more than the main campaign in some regards.

No, not even nigh unplayable trash like Ego Draconis reaches the level of offensively bad garbage like the NWN games.

I preferred DivOS2's combat and RPG (as shallow as it was) than playing through PoE.
But translating 5e into vidya sounds like the most boring/shallow system.

the original sin games were good, the pillars games were shit

so is Obsidian kinda dead

I've tried to force myself through PoE every year since it came out basically and it never clicked. I'm worried for outer worlds now but it does have some old guard on it so who knows.
It's sad that for video game writing we basically have to pray that the same names from 20+ years ago are in some way connected to it.

they aren't comPLETELY dead yet, but I am skeptical until i see how Outerworlds does. they definitely have had to makes some substantial cuts to stay afloat, hiring hack writers and selling their souls to Micro$ . Will that affect the quality of their future games? Most assuredly. will it be to the extent that it makes them all completely souless unplayable garbage? That remains to be seen.

Attached: 614db5b421dd194124ba9d67859afd7f.jpg (1216x1048, 271K)

where is out lord and saviour Chris Avellone when you need him ?

watch this and tell me if Obsidian is not forcing PC policy in Outer Worlds
youtube.com/watch?v=N0xNKM-BEAQ&t=113s

Attached: 1.png (1207x649, 952K)

>you can totally trivialize these with a little effort
Very true. First time around I had much difficulty on normal. Second time on challenging, just did Pitax's Palace on a single go, buffed and cleared the whole place before they ran out. Barely took any damage

i believe in leonard!

>kingdom system
the biggest let down of that game

You could automatize that shit and never even have to mind it beyond main questline

Would have preferred owlcat but if larian keeps the reddit humor to a minimum it might be decent.

PoE and Tyranny were great reasons to not pick Obshitian

Attached: Yikes.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

Theres nothing wrong with PoE

fpbp

Maybe if the Pillar's games weren't so fucking awful in every way imaginable this wouldn't have happened.

>Larian is great.
Let me guess, you only played DOS 2, and never any other Larian game or any rpg D&D inspired game before?
And you are on your teens?

Jesus christ Tyranny was shit. Absolute shit.

The original divinity games (the crpg) are good. So is dos 1. Its the third person divinity games they made that suck.

I will now rate dndish rpg I've completed.

BG 7/10
BG2:SoA 9/10
BG2:ToB 6/10
NWN 8/10
NWN2 8/10
NWN:MotB 5/10
IWD 7/10
IWD2 7/10
Plancescape 10/10++

Those numbers are adjusted for rating those few games. It I were to rate them on the same scale with every other game I've played, they all (except of MotB) would get 10.

Also, I did complete 3 more non dnd rpgs recently:
Arcanum 7/10 (the story and the music are godly, mechanical part is really poor)
VTMB 10/10
Torment Tides of Numenera 10/10 (the world is even better and more fucked up is a good way than Plancescape's)

This is my opinion and also facts.

Both are garbage and the true D&D game sequel will be Realms Beyond.

Modified as in "no missing" "spell slots are too complicated" and "le epic table throwing"

because its boring bro, everyone realized it

You like NwN2 OC better than MotB?
Huh.
I love the OC, but MotB was on another level, IMHO.
Do play Storm of Zehir tho, it's pretty nice.

Temple of Elemental Evil is unironically the best D&D game. Gold box and IE faggots dont @ me

>Obsidian makes two nostalgia wank homage games
>neither are good
>neither are finished (like every single game they make)
>faggots complain they aren't doing BG3
seems pretty fair to me
inb4 zoomer et al, played BG1/2 before most of you were even alive
Larian's the only dev who's made a finished, competent CRPG series that isn't BG with the serial numbers filed off or the shittiest possible PST sendup

you dont understand man. Im supposed to like this kind of game

>Obsidian
>Making anything good enough to qualify for BG3 privileges.

Yeah, people haven't been paying attention to wotc for at least 6 years if they actually thought something else than 5e would be used.

The map/encounter editor for DOS2 is really great, actually. But they never included a branching dialogue feature (it's assumed a DM would voice over).

Dnd with that map capability + nwn type customization would be great.

Yep.

Friendly reminder KM was a success and still has a general and deadfire a huge failure that couldn't maintain one for 2 days.

Inb4 flies, shit, whatever faggot is typing it.

People on the tabletop don't have stats hitting 28 and the adventure path isn't balanced for 6 players - it's set for 4. Those two things are huge.

It's not like players have tabletop stats while npcs are roided out.

Than what Obsidian was - not what it has become the last 4 years or so.

>NWN 8/10
>NWN2 OC higher than MoTB when it's one of the worst campaigns ever made, with broken quests to this day and barely even an RPG
>IWD somehow lower than NWN despite playing better on a basic level
>Planescape 10/10 when it's barely even a game
>No ToEE in sight when it's the only good D&D based game
I shouldn't be able to feel this much disgust at a post, yet here I am.

Attached: 1561899685265.png (512x512, 105K)

>the only good D&D based game
>literally only playable with a fan-made patch
if you'd take Tim Cain and Boyarsky's dicks out off your mouth for two seconds, you'd realize what an unfinished dumpster fire it is
like anything Troika put out

its basically impossible to play ToEE on modern computers
its a shame because i loved that game user.

>>literally only playable with a fan-made patch
Just like 90% of WRPGs, big surprise.
>you'd realize what an unfinished dumpster fire it is
Still better than the garbage BioWare and Obsidian put out by miles, even considering mods.
Except I have it installed with all mods and plays perfectly even on Win10.

Deserves a remake for sure.

how did you find ToEE

If Larian is so great why didnt Microsoft buy them instead of Obsidian? Winning baby :)

Damn contrarian optimist

It's on GoG, grab it and get Co8 and Temple+, works like a charm really.

>start up BG2 to see what all the fuzz is about
>make a monk PC
>the combat is just "click this guy and watch animations play for like 15 seconds while the computer rolls dice"

It's shit
At least the pink hair girl is cute

Attached: Tutturu.png (100x107, 17K)

>It was sexist against women that she was a "nagging wife"
Right, right, Amber Scott complained about that, I remember. It was probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard said about those games.

>the combat is just "click this guy and watch animations play for like 15 seconds while the computer rolls dice"
welcome to 99% of RPG design before 2000.
almost fuckin everything, even the japs and their shitty wizardry knockoffs are all just "let's play statistics" hidden behind sprites

Fucking Hell zoomers make me sick.

I don't know about you, but there is literally nothing fun or interactive about watching animations play out while you just stay idle and do nothing.
I'll take turn based over whatever the fuck Baldur's gate is

CRPGs aren't renowned for their actual gameplay outside of VERY rare cases, their gameplay boils down to prebuff and then watch autobattles for a few seconds, rinse and repeat.
At least it's not a Ravenloft game, though on the other hand it also doesn't have that quality in terms of campaigns and writing, let alone aesthetics.

Larian sold more copies.

>I'll take turn based over whatever the fuck Baldur's gate is
That's retarded. You're retarded.

He's not wrong, just as the turn based mod makes Kingmaker actually mildly enjoyable it would be the same for BG and the rest of the RTwP games, they're only enjoyable by the terminally retarded who believe they have galaxy brains because they mindlessly slap a shitload of buffs before a fight and watch some incomprehensible mess or dice rolls play out in five seconds of autobattle against braindead enemies.

>literally the only difference between turn-based and rtwp is that turn-based forces a pause
>this somehow makes trwp irreparably worse
You people are too retarded to argue with.

>tfw my computer is such a potato that I can't run even the EE versions of BGI-II, much less any of these newer IE-style games like PoE
Am I actually missing out or they shit that only brainlets like?

>>literally the only difference between turn-based and rtwp is that turn-based forces a pause
>What is unrestricted movement
>What is active casting time
>What is actual caster crowd control that is simply not possible in RTwP due to everyone moving around while you have to stay still and cast a spell
>What is instaflanking and AoO abuse
As I said, terminally retarded, good thing this shitty model is finally dying for good, luckily Paizo actually listens to feedback a bit more and makes their next game turn based.

Attached: 1560616805491.png (900x676, 410K)

It just sounds like you're shit at video games.

>B...but you're just bad at vidya
Sure, I'm still not the one who has to cope about a shitty gameplay design finally croaking, maybe it will finally be time for you to learn how to play real RPGs.

Attached: 1564350554618.jpg (265x553, 36K)

not op but he made some solid points.
peepee.s I htae rtwp too

Because Obsidian made the dullest game of all time and its sequel. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: 1536155212687.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

because the Divinity Original Sin games were much better games than anything Obsidian has ever put out?

>"No!"
why did i laugh?

>It's shit
No it isn't.
>At least the pink hair girl is cute
No she isn't.

You don't think your little sister's cute, user?

Nah, BGII is kind of shit, just not because of these 'muh turn-based' faggots.
Imoen is cute.

the difficulty is fucked because they balanced around the assumption that every player is "that guy" who plays batman wizard in every game. if you try to make a martial focused party you will get completely fucked.