EVO 2019 CHAMPIONS

Did you enjoy EVO?

Attached: IMG_20190806_144116.jpg (1367x900, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Kappa/
youtube.com/watch?v=96jgWA3jJKw
twitter.com/pokchop50/status/1158870979520671746
twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/1158889235677532160?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=dN93-b4ns74
youtube.com/watch?v=i7VnPVzuMto
youtube.com/watch?v=svCKga4QcCA
youtube.com/user/PXTimefordeath/videos
youtu.be/8tgARGXeWH4
clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveBelovedCodKappa
youtube.com/watch?v=o7to_msWJvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what's evo

>The Jokah wins EVO
What.

>Joker

Smash Bros doesn't count because it wasn't part of EVO and it's a party game.

unga bunga

Attached: unga_bunga_genjuro.jpg_large.jpg (1224x1884, 349K)

It was nice. SC6 was fantastic and everything else (possibly excepting mk11) ranged from good to great. Nice announcements too.

There should be two more gokus in that picture

>based Voldo

All I need, baby. Maybe Lei or Drag could have won Tekken, but Voldo deserves his time in the light.

>Rubitch wins EVO 2 years in a row
Fuck you Mori, you fat faggot.

Who's the girl to the right of Kazumi?

I wanted Kazunoko to win Samsho for playing Haohmaru. His games against Justin were glorious.

I need you to wear this bolo tie. It's office policy.

Attached: byakuya.jpg (850x1600, 104K)

Mk11 ho

reddit.com/r/Kappa/

back to your home

>Just Ruby, no Yang

I'm fine with having just 1 Goku tho

Attached: __yang_xiao_long_rwby_drawn_by_dishwasher1910__3e84f68ebddee396310f3433b76760b0.jpg (1600x3086, 762K)

>Westernshit
No wonder i didn't recognized her

Really fun overall, especially the Tekken, SamSho and DBFZ Top 8. Haohmaru in SCVI was also a nice surprise.

I always love pictures of characters all dressed up

Attached: D_211mLWwAAhpL7.jpg (2000x1451, 769K)

CrossTag GFs was a ton of fun to watch.

>Gigas hulking out
My boy

Those tits next to Heihachi are way overblown.

Attached: 1476143053713.gif (234x159, 315K)

>Shaheen abstaining from alcohol

Attached: halal.jpg (531x471, 322K)

yes my main was a winner

Attached: yjtyjtyjtyjtjtyjtykjtktuk.png (541x542, 369K)

>Cassie's drone made it in the pic
Kino

Attached: 1546324692885.png (497x732, 634K)

fucking bryan

Attached: Do6vuP7XUAIahMt.jpg (560x666, 52K)

That was such a crazy comeback by Leo. Downloaded Tweek hard after that roll read into falling f-air to u-air. Hopefully Tweek doesn't choke that hard at Super Smash Con in a few days.

Not when janky ass 3DCG fake anime won again for the 2nd time.

Tweek really needs to get his emotions in check.
His final grab before the choke with Charizard should've been an Up Throw, he realized it after he lost, and he spiraled from there

>weeblets in tears as Western chads dab all over them even in their own games

Attached: my seids.jpg (328x398, 33K)

>Harada next to Chloe
Based

It was when a non meta team won against a stronger team.

You know what all these characters have in common? None are fun to play and none are fun to play against.

Attached: stylin.jpg (500x372, 27K)

>Voldo, Joker, Kid Goku
>Not fun

Nah MK11 was great, had some huge upsets on the way to the top.

Attached: 1552501298812.jpg (619x346, 84K)

Go1 vs SonicFox winners final almost gave me a heart attack.

they just want to hate it is just because it's mortal kombat

you think cassie would try and get them to join the special forces

Attached: sdvgsfdsfrrbv.png (410x678, 327K)

idk half of these people

SamSho was great, I was worried the lack of character variety would bring it down, but I still enjoyed it plenty. I liked the GG side tournament too. Maybe it's just because I'm not that into UNI to begin with, but for all the excitement about it being on the mainstage, UNIST wasn't that great to watch, it was just okay. The new Guilty Gear announcement is what I enjoyed most by far though, I didn't think that would come around until ArcRevo, and I am just so glad to have finally seen it as I've been looking forward to it for a while now.

Attached: 1561922514246.png (223x433, 197K)

Byakuya's fun to play because he's not fun to play against.

6/9 top 8s were great. Can't comment on MK, SFV and Smash since I was sleeping while those were on.

I said possibly excepting because I didn't catch it

when youre trying to win youre not trying to let your opponent have fun

Attached: 156502763885.jpg (863x1452, 288K)

Everything aside from Sonic's 3-0's in MK11 were great

I think every single set went final round final match except for the ones SonicFox played

>Enjoyed watching MK pools more than Top 8

What a weird feeling.

Pakistan and Mexico being in the winners is a weird feeling.

Good lord that Cassie face

I dont follow samsho so I was surprised to see people like jwong, and valle there. I'm surprised the game came back to life to begin with.

SC6 had best top8
DBFZ had best Grand finals
Tekken top8was just ok until Knee started using Paul and hyped it up.
SFV was boring the entire way.
Didnt watch MK11, unist, smash and bbtag.

Why does this happen at least once per Grand Finals at EVO?
>One player is outright dominating
>Get to tournament point, they get impatient/nervous/etc. and suddenly lose
>Player 2 immediately picks up on the momentum and wins a ton of matches straight, usually resetting the bracket
>Player 1 gets steamrolled and humiliated outright
>Player 2 becomes champ, Player 1 basically dies to obscurity or never manages the same level of skill and doesn't reach Grand Finals again
It happened to Tweek this year and MKLeo winning with Joker was just unfun to watch.

I don't think EVO 2020 line up will change that much compared to this year. They'll probably replace BBTAG for GBFV and that's it.

EVO 2021 is when things will get crazy, though. What with the new Guilty Gear and KoFXV being guaranteed locks.

>freEU

There's that Riot fighting game in the works.
I just hope they kick out NRS games from EVO, those shit are more boring than SFV.

>Weeblets in tears
>Western chads

>While glorifying a really shitty genuinely weeaboo fake anime that rips off Soul Eater that made two characters lesbians because of shipping

???????

i dont know why people keep using it

Attached: cage (10).png (1630x801, 1.36M)

I like GG but I kinda hope it's not out for evo 2020 so sc6 gets to stay

mkleos joker is fun as hell to watch, nobody else gets that many combos off

>The winning team in DBFZ was Goku, Kid Goku, and Goku's dad.

Jesus Christ.

any other examples besides Punk with SFV and maybe AO for tekken 7? Not challenging you just trying to think of more

Didnt they just announce GG? I dont think that and KOF will come until 2021. SC6 is probably safe, the director himself said the game was more popular then they thought it would be, and are doing a season 2.

Sometimes your country is so shitty that the best thing you can do without getting beheaded is playing vidwogames

I mostly was annoyed that Tweek choked up so hard and then Joker just won so handily. Now we'll have to hear "DLC is pay to win!" till Joker gets nerfed because people complained enough.

Yeah, that's why America won MK11 and BBTag

>Voldo ended Soul Calibur 6 Grand Finals by humping Azwel into the stratosphere

Absolutely based. I'm glad Soul Calibur is staying alive.

Attached: 1564537277996.png (402x400, 146K)

>any other examples besides Punk with SFV and maybe AO for tekken 7? Not challenging you just trying to think of more
meant to reply

yeah the choke was tough to see but i doubt the devs will really listen to the complainers, if you look at the results top 32 had:
3 snake players
3 olimar players
3 wario players
3 megaman players
3 pokemon trainer players
2 duck hunt players
1 joker player
its really not indicative of pay to win if only 1 guy that pays ends up winning

>I just hope they kick out NRS games from EVO
nice salt

Attached: 1535147804831.jpg (1362x534, 264K)

>When you win more at the slots than the cash prize given to the guy who got 1st in your main game
Evo was great this year.

Attached: He can't stop winning.png (587x683, 457K)

hes right

I'm trying to remember, Punk and AO were the other examples I had in mind myself. I know it's happened in other EVOs, I just don't remember all the names of every player.

My man Voldo won SC6?
Cool

You talk as if the Smash devs are sane when it comes to balance patches

Only if he gets into losers quickly.

DBFZ was by far the best, and I really wish people would be trashing Yea Forums harder for reeeeeeing about how dead it was because it got moved to Saturday.

Literally ended it using his pelvic thrust move on Azwel too.

MK was already trash before you were even born, kiddo.

keep the salt coming

Attached: 1504482769883.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

Guilty Gear says in the trailer that it's coming out in 2020. Whether or not it comes out early enough in 2020 for EVO remains to be seen though.

All this tells me is that King K. Rool needs another nerf :^)

For the supposedely most prestigious fighting game tournament the productions was incredibly amateurish and shitty
>no overlay for multiple top 8 matches
>wrong names, switched names
>choppy and soundless cassandra trailer
>snake "just a prank bro" fiasco
As far as matches goes Samsho was the best of what I saw, especially Infiltration vs ZJZ.

Tokido won 2017 but didnt 2018. I wouldn't call 2018 a choke, but it surprising he didnt event get into 2019top8.

Shit was incredible. I laughed but I couldn't help but be amazed at the play. I hope SC6 comes back next year

Imagine having some gang warfare mentality over video games
>EYY ESE MK 4 LYFE
>ALL HELL NAW NIGGA THIS SF TURF
>당신은 모두이 철권의 잔디입니다 빨아!
>rey de luchadores, por favor?

I loved MKX unironically, thought it was exhilarating to watch high level play of. What the fuck went wrong with 11? It just looks like gorey SFV and really bland. No juggle allowed, footsies, movesets are way smaller, and just a literal sand nigger in every match. I haven't gotten to play it yet, ignored to usual Yea Forums autism of sjw talk, but man the game just looks bland. DragonBall and Tekken were the highlights for sure. G01 crying was kino. So was the Janemba trailer reaction.
youtube.com/watch?v=96jgWA3jJKw

I hope it skips Evo 2020 if it means better polish

>that 6-0 comeback by MKLeo
That was hype as fuck.
Glutonny vs Tweek was better imo

EVO always had poverty tier prizes, McRib needs to pay for his nuggets

Just the fact that Duck Hunt was in top 8 was kino. I wanted Leffen to eat shit and for PT to win but it just wasn't meant to be.

Is Karin the undisputed queen of SFV? She’s been consistently good and winning tournaments since the game launched. That’s the role Chun usually fills.

tweek already won a major with pt, leffen and his preteen army just covered their ears and eyes and changed the narrative

Yeah. Would have been better without Smash though. I wish they would stop pushing non-fighting games for a fighting game tournament. Shit like Catherine and Windjammers needs to fuck off too.

Attached: 760a9dafe804d7f4f8ec716a6d41e1e04e6dc277.jpg (752x1062, 408K)

Better to stay in your house training than going out to get shot by a random passerby.

smash is only taking up one slot in the main tournaments its not really a big deal. And catherine and the wind game are just side events anyway.

thats not to mention puppeh pandarian zackray hikaru and wishes getting good results with pt all throughout the year as well

Attached: seethe.jpg (800x1149, 105K)

The fact that this uses the Granblue Fantasy version of Karin really throws me off, but that artwork is mad good

Attached: Granblue fighter.png (960x800, 136K)

Oh yeah...

Attached: 20190806_093404.jpg (2896x2896, 555K)

2nd at evo? what a terrible placing! pt clearly bottom tier

>not having tribal mentality over anything

Incel

have cope

What the fuck is Leffen's problem, anyway? He's so full of passive-aggressive salt at everything.

Makes sense that those ugly fucks in the FGC have no standards honestly

And remember, add 1-2 points to every gremlin when you're drunk

>They'll probably replace BBTAG for GBFV and that's it.
did people actually like the demo?

>Goku by Joker
Only a matter of time.

>cope
>Incel

I hate both of you

Attached: 1564857861464.jpg (726x728, 60K)

You joke but Leffen will just say it completely proves him right.
Huge superiority complex and some kind of obsessive belief he's right about everything.

diaseethe wosoy

Attached: 1554383512818.png (336x318, 29K)

>imagine after so much time STILL being this mad

Attached: 1492476206653.png (300x279, 96K)

OMG!! LE FUNNY WOJAK XD

A lot of it was positive, even by anime game players. I can see a pretty good niche of players for the game and there's the potential of cross game interest because its easy to get into

Attached: 2l8a6c.webm (640x360, 1.95M)

great job personifying the very image he posted retard

>Haohmaru in SCVI was also a nice surprise.
Wasn't expecting a season 2 from either of those games. Nice surprise indeed. And Haohmaru vs Genjuro in the grandfinals was kino

Seethe harder.

I remember Leffen saying Tweek was only taking evo from winners, if Leo reset him it was almost guaranteed he'd lose.

>smelee stinkies are pol wojak posters
shocking

I don't even know what they're supposed to represent anymore. I'm just tired of looking at it

I don't follow SFV, but I remember a lot of people complaining here about Karin during GF.
What makes her so good to play/boring to watch?

Kinda lame Genjuro won but Infiltration winning, 7/8 of top 8 being EVO-winning boomers, and Kazunoko's game winning double parry made it all worth it.

I'm pleased my boy not only won EVO, but is also gonna win some buffz. Best timeline.

Attached: Bya_5A.png (485x412, 56K)

Well I guess its worthy a try atleast. I never liked granblue and gacha in general but I like the art.
>because its easy to get into
yeah I heard they use like cooldown timers for their specials?

the after party was totally open to the general vegas public

>Kazumi winning EVO
>Everybody and their mother playing Steve to counter Kazumi
>Geese is literally not playing Tekken and getting away with it
The new patch can't come soon enough.

Attached: 1561368838111.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

The cooldown timers only matter if you use EX moves or supers.
There's been a lot of talk among higher level players that GBFV will be absolute hell overall for weaker players and new players to compete in. Strong defensive options, plus limited offensive options, some discovered OSes based on the dodge mechanic, no comeback mechanics, on top of the inclusion of traditional inputs basically allows strong players to never be opened up by fraudulence or randomness.
As an example if there are two people playing Gran and one uses traditional inputs then his fireball will refresh in 3 frames, while it takes around 3 seconds for the one button input to refresh. So there's a fireball difference of 177 frames between the two players.

Most people probably didn't watch it because it was a side tourney but Blazblue Centralfiction had a fantastic top 4 too.

It was more than Tweek choking, MkLeo was the only one to learn and update his playstyle while Tweek was abusing the same tactics over and over again. MkLeo stopped chasing after him off the edge and Tweek went into deer caught in headlights mode. Even if Tweek didn't choke, he still wouldn't have won.

>RWBY
ruined

It wouldn't have been rwby if powderman didn't run out of powder before GFs.

It's okay. Mori is sequestered to that hell and BB stuck in kusotag eternity while Daisuke gets to make the new GG, and everyone else jumps around on new projects.

It's funny really. Guy mastered only one game and now spends his time whining about everything else because he gets slapped in every other game he tries. It was hilarious seeing him bitch about DBFZ to the point that Allioune called him out over it.

>watched for Cross Tag and Smash
>Cross Tag was hype as fuck and a lot of fun, especially seeing all the people who don't play it have no idea what the fuck is happening with four characters on screen
>SFV was surprisingly fun to watch, grand finals were hype
>fell asleep during Tekken and then woke up literally five seconds before MKLeo won Grand Finals in Smash with the stream running on my phone
Honestly should I bother watching Smash Top 8? Did I miss much?

Attached: 1524559625115.png (200x200, 33K)

You missed nothing, Tekken was hype though

That or just SS Goku since that's the character that finished it.

You should watch a real fighting game because Tekken was the best top 8 and GF straight up.
Best announcement was Guilty Gear.

I saw the GG announcement right after I woke up and that I was genuinely upset I missed. I love ASW.

It was fun from what I saw, though it felt like there wasn't a lot of character variety in Top 8? At least in the few matches I saw anyway.

>tune into melty blood side tournament
>top 8 was fucking shit again

>Hyped for Sf
>Slept for Tekken
Worst thing I've ever read

>Anna locking eyes on Nina
>Drag and Feng feasting on Josie's behind
>Paul, Steve and Lee: bros of the soul
>Kuma forever alone

This image is a masterpiece of soul.

The funny thing is that BBtag is the best the rwby characters ever looked. It should've been 2D to begin with.

Not to mention they removed all the sc6 setups on Saturday so the game was basically a 1-day event

And they fucked up their handling of security on Friday with a massive hour+ security line that got lots of people dq'd

I went and it was fun but I think I'll do combo breaker next year instead

I like how they took the time to add the season2 characters.

Not enough character variety to be the best, and the game's combos and blockstrings are inherently tiresome. A good top 8, but not the best.

EVO's been notorious for that for a long time.

Really looking forward to samsho on steam.

did you fight in any tournaments?

From best to worst
>Tekken
>Samsho
>Smash
>Dbfz
>Unist
>Mk
>Literal shit
>Sleep fighter
Every other game was good though. Didn't watch bbtag but I'm sure it was better than street fighter.

EVO has been getting worse year after year. Honestly though I think Wizard is just finally at the breaking point of salt. He's been mad at Capcom ever since they established CPT, because it made EVO a midyear major. Now Arcsys, Bacmo, and SNK have done the same.
Wizard also just keeps pushing games out of the tournament so there are less and less games around every year. If it weren't for AnimEVO we'd probably only have 9 games total at EVO.
Smashfags are the only ones left that covet EVO as the main stage anymore. It's the biggest major, but not the championship for SF, Tekken, ArcSys, and SNK games. Wizard keeps trying to say it's the world championship though.
He'll probably start calling it a fighting game convention rather than tournament by 2021.

Smash top 8 was pretty fun aside from Lucina.

Capcom decided to make Chun and Ryu eternal jobbers after season 1.

I missed Catherine, is it uploaded anywhere?

>that's the role Chun usually fills
In what world? Chun was only a tournament monster in 3rd Strike.

dont smashfags have smashcon? And I didn't know about wizard feeling that way about CPT and the other tours. How has evo changed over years since it started?

Yeah I went to Evo myself and that line on Friday was fucking ridiculous. The line extended all the way back and then wrapped around into itself, and it was complete confusion and chaos for anyone trying to figure out where the fuck you had to go to even get started at getting inside.

And then day two, the metal detectors and pat downs were out in full force, so if you had to leave for any reason, it was a pain in the ass to get back in. This was my second year at Evo and last year was leagues better. Reconsidering if I even want to go next year.

why does Steve hang out with Lee and Paul anyway?

theyre kinda has-been wannabe losers while Steve is a complete chad and famous boxer

That is still wack, huh. With the amount of sponsorships and advertisements Wizard runs, you could throw in a little to the prize pools even if it ain't about the money for a lot of the top players. Most of them are sponsored anyway, and the people who aren't come to prove themselves, but more than the entry fee would be nice.

Attached: Untitled1.png (800x586, 23K)

Only watched all of Samsho, Dbfz grand finals and a bit of Tekken top 8. Best evo for me so far

>bypass the lines because I didn't carry a bag
>Watched some good ass UNI
>Met some of the japanese gods
>The CLR announcement giving the most significant buff to my character among those shown
>Met, got autographs, and took pictures with the devs and raito himself
>7 Japanese in Top 8
This was UNI's year and it was hella enjoyable for me

Attached: DrxIvwNU4AAS-LX.jpg orig.jpg (1200x671, 137K)

yeah it was kinda jarring seeing steve have such aserious story in 4 and 5 and then put him with Paul and Law in 6. Maybe then shouldn't have turned paul and law into joke characters in the first place

Get with the times. Chun hasn't won anything since 3rd strike or the last year of UMVC3

>main event
>most viewed game
>most contestants
>hype as fuck matches
suck it up FGCfag, Smash is never going away.

No this is wrong

>Samsho
>Smash
>DBFZ
>SFV
>SC6
>Tekken
>BBTag
>UNIST
>MK11

UNIST top 8 was actual shit and Tekken could have been good if it weren't for the cancerous characters and slap spam

she's my queen

Attached: 1542435934126.png (600x800, 257K)

The real UNIST champion was Senaru, who ended up winning $10k at a slot machine after the tournament.

Smash came back to EVO when the Capcom Cup was announced for Marvel and SSF4 in 2013. CPT officially started the full year season in 2014.
2014 was the year when things started getting awkward. Games started getting pushed out for advertising space, areas that used to be for set ups got turned into panel rooms, more people were getting DQ'd by TOs, bad scheduling, etc.
It's been getting worse every year, but Wizard keeps pushing to consolidate games down to a small amount of them while also focusing on getting as many people to show up as possible. However EVO 2019 also did away with a lot of tradition for EVO, and while that's only really an issue for long time FGC, it's still felt, especially because it was replaced by an audience that doesn't care about Evo traditions either. I mean when the Smashfags didn't stick around for YOU'RE ALL FREE NOW it makes the end of Evo feel dead.

was pretty upset watching anakin lose to knee, he from the same scene im from and i really wanted to see him have a chance at winning, grats on third tho

Smash hasn't completely phased EVO out as their headline tournament yet, but they're getting very close. There were in fact a few times in 2017 and 2018 where their games got more entrants at dedicated Smash tournaments than they did at EVO. All EVO has is numbers, and Smashers have disliked it for years because they're forced into BO3 for most of the bracket which fucks up their stage striking format and over-emphasizes getting the first game of a set. EVO needs to treat all of the communities who support it better, because EVO isn't as irreplaceable as it once was. Eventually everyone is going to get sick of paying Vegas and EVO prices for a second-rate tournament.

Attached: Untitled.png (630x801, 108K)

Well for me its
>DBFZ
>SC6
>Samsho
>Tekken7
>Smash
>Unist
>Street fighter
never watched mk and bbtag

Seriously what the fuck is up with mr wizard
like seriously take a look at him you know he is a complete and utter scumbag just from his face alone.

>main event
This is a detriment, they put games people like on earlier so they can watch before bed
>most viewed game
Because people were expecting a direct announcement
>most contestants
Because it's a casual party game, anyone can play it.
>hype as fuck matches
lol

Attached: 494848.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Did you not see the previous match of Arslan absolutely fucking destroying the shit out of Anakin? It would have been the most one sided grand finals ever.
Not to mention that Knee vs Arslan was the big event everyone was waiting for because Knee had been training to beat him for almost a year now, and that match was the closest he has gotten yet.

Evo Japan is closer to old Evo, and that's probably purely by accident because it's more grassroots and has games that Japan and Asia care about rather than being 100% advertisements and esports. Plus Wizard is less involved with Evo Japan.

yeah i saw it, but you have to also realize how good anakin is at adapting

When your hobby turns into your job, it's not about fun anymore it's about getting paid. Wizard is making monies from all those companies.

>This is a detriment, they put games people like on earlier so they can watch before bed
But it still ended up blowing everyone else out of the water in terms of views. Sad!
>Because people were expecting a direct announcement
Most people knew
Nintendo didn't give a shit and expected nothing. There's reason for a new smash direct when the previous patch came out a week before, and they had no reason to announce a general direct there at all. Only morons expected a new character announcement before the previously announced one was even out yet
>Because it's a casual party game, anyone can play it.
Then why did DBFZ have the most entrants in 2017?
>inb4 m-muh autocombos
>lol
cope

Nah that's sc6 for top 8, probably dbfz for GF though I don't like the game. T7 was very good though.

>Then why did DBFZ have the most entrants in 2017?
I can answer that actually.
It's fucking dragonball. Everyone and their mother's dead cat fucking loves dragonball. It's casual appeal was sky-high and it had a bunch of man-children who still like shounen stuff in their 30's still playing it and it had the actual children who love it who suck at games and rage quit.
DBFZ was a titantic success and it's mostly due to its IP and it's relative simplicity compared to most fighters.

Yeah but how could he like wake up and look in a mirror and think there is nothing with his face and his entire body?
What the fuck is wrong with americans

Attached: 181449957_7d2898541c_b.jpg (1024x768, 256K)

I'd let her show me the divide between her legs.

>This is a detriment, they put games people like on earlier so they can watch before bed
Yet Smash beat out any other game
>Because people were expecting a direct announcement
Nonsense, everyone knew there wouldn't be an announcement/reveal at Evo. DQ's Hero had just come out, Banjo is too far away, a new DLC character is even further away. Why would a non-Smash related Direct be announced at Evo?
>Because it's a casual party game, anyone can play it.
Isn't it the goal that anyone can play the game? Elitism and steep learning curves is why other fighting games stay or fall to obscurity. It still takes a ton to master, as every casual or local hero got BTFO by top players.
>lol
Clearly you didn't watch

>detriment
not really, SFV has gotten good numbers despite being last, just not as good as smash
>direct
yes but its also cause its the first year at EVO. Alot of people would be genuinely hyped for it
>casual party game
true. I still prefer to call it platform fighter

>Most people knew
If you check smashboards people were talking about new characters then the actual grand finals.

And DBZ sold on its brand name. It has popular characters and its the same with smash bros, having so many ironic nintendo characters too.

that's a nice image but it's missing red bull's logo on karin's dress

I slept because legitimate tiredness. It's not intended as a slight against Tekken.

>Elitism and steep learning curves is why other fighting games stay or fall to obscurity
People who are unable to do motion inputs and anything else in this day and age of fighting games really need a new excuse.
You can hardly call those barriers and elitism, it's just you being incredibly incompetent and the genre not being made for you.

I entered sc6, unist, and smush. Even got to play on stream.

Doesn't evo have more main games than it used to? Regardless, it's still the only major with only 9 games and it's largely limited because mister wizard wants his big stupid stadium. Not being at evo can seriously hurt a community and he should really try to make more room.

If you had a 10am pool you could skip it... the problem was they didn't fucking tell anybody that, I only found out from twitter.

DBFZ Winner's Finals is one of the greatest sets of all time

How far did you end up in uni

I just find MK11 dull. It is still a very offensive game about going in with the same few strings, but with less of the fun mad dirty shit MKX had. We all know SonicFox will win, the character and play style variety is awful. Nothing about the gameplay jumps out to me as really cool. The variations seem like a huge step, you got a really different character with a lot of different moves in X, now it is just 3 slots and they don't even allow kustoms

MK11 got less views and entrants than SamSho of all things.

Attached: 1536059665016.png (677x873, 64K)

Yeah, MK11 is my main game right now; I legit do not get bored playing the game, but I feel it's somewhat lacking as a spectator game.

SamSho on the other hand I enjoy every now and then, nothing more, but the top 8 got me hyped like no other.

>Keep hearing people say Karin is all neutral based
>Watch EVO
>Literally the biggest gorilla
Do SFV players just not get neutral?

stopped watching after Tekken 7 tournament

I don't understand how people can complain about how the smash community is a bunch of shitheads when there's been people saying things like this since the first smash tournament was held, did they not teach you cause and effect in elementary school?
Are fgcfags retarded?

I dont really know anything about wizard, can someone give me the rundown on him and evo?

>no comeback mechanics
Fucking finally.

How is it that Super DBZ, a fucking PS2 game, manages to do customization and even custom moves on a fighter better than literally everything that's come afterwards? It's clear NRS wants to turn it's fighters into RPG and I'm fine to a degree but they just can't make it work competitively at all.

Most recent comeback mechanics are way more balanced now than they were just a generation prior. VT is kinda whack, but I'd rather have Resonance Blaze and Sparking rather than Xfactor or Ultras.

>SC6
>SamSho
>Tekken
>DBFZ
>BBtag
>UNIst
>SFV

Didn't watch
>Smash
>MK11

For all the hype UNIst got, it was kind of whatever. I guess nothing about the top 8 really culminated into a real event. Something just wasn't there. I want to like SF again but man SFV does not do it for me, and I like basic games. I don't think it needs to be more complex, it is just that it all revolves around a very simple momentum heavy offence. There were so many perfects cause a good player will make you guess so many times and that will just go wrong some matches. There really isn't a way to try and reduce the risk of those interactions, but it is such a struggle to keep out of them as well. A basic defensive mechanic would do wonders for the game, but also would some way to really change up your offence more than guess if I'm going to use my -2 normal or throw you a billion times. I hope SF6 doesn't end up going overly mechanically heavy, I just want to be able to control space again.

>It wouldn't have been rwby if powderman didn't run out of powder before GFs.
>waste your dope getting out of losers finals

Why is there less attendance than the last year?
>inb4 very smelly day

no sf4, no care

Don't get too hype, only 11 characters at launch. People were positive, but I think that will end soon when everyone sees just how basic the game is. I don't trust the people jerking it off as they kept calling it an anime game, when a comparison to SF was way more apt. It has no mechanics you'd associate with anime so those people had a really surface level view.

For all the talk of people hating comeback mechanics, you'll miss them playing this as their is 0 meat on the bone. And I see the end result of some choices like ex cooldowns making a game with very limited options. Like super puts all your moves into cooldown and has pretty bad damage even with the 30% health boost. So it is only a kill move, and seeing as you get that meter so easily with no other way to spend it prepare to watch it a lot. We were meant to be getting more complex characters after the beta ones, but now we know that is very few characters. Including ones like Percy who seem barely any more complex.

twitter.com/pokchop50/status/1158870979520671746

BASED MR WIZARD /OURGUY/ TELLING THE NIGGER TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

The few finals I saw this year was really fun

MK11 also had a youtube channel but pretty sure was only around 10k not sure about that

and remember MK11 ended at fucking 3 AM, it to fucked with the schedule

Game looks ok. Based on the characters so far it looks to be the most honest fighting game out in a while but it does have a weird direction with how specials/supers work.
However the new characters that are not playable yet could change it around quickly.
Also only 11 characters on release and season pass announced.

0-2

2-2 on paper because 2 opponents got dq'd lel

maybe

I can't even tell what's going on here.

Anime comebacks IRL

undefeated

Attached: 1560859580057.jpg (600x518, 26K)

boo Byakuya
boo
it was her turn!

Attached: DORqu_PVoAAC2Qq.png (629x700, 669K)

Maybe if her theme was actually good more people would play her.

but I love her theme!

Attached: 51iYOwcV_400x400.jpg (396x396, 35K)

Damn right.

Attached: 8.04-Post-CA.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

You forgot Knee's rusty mishima play. 1 hell sweep with kaz and 4 with DJ. Fucked up electrics a couple times (aris even alludes to that in his commentary).

In terms of Top 8:
>God Tier
SCVI Winners Final
DBFZ Winners Final & Grand Final
>Top Tier
The rest of SCVI Top 4
The rest of DBFZ
Tekken 7 most of the time
>High Tier
SamSho
BBTag whenever the Jubei player or KojiKOG were up
SFV when Zeku/Sagat/Gief was on screen or Big Bird was just steamrolling somebody
Smash until Tweek choked
>Good Tier
The rest of SCVI
UNIST
The rest of SFV
>Painful Tier
SFV when Karin was winning
Tekken 7 when Arslan was so dominant that all he did was abuse the same two pokes for 70% of Grand Finals (but all the hope spots for Knee were the shit)
Smash after Tweek choked

>Good side tournies that I remember
Ultra Fight Da Kyanta 2, Hokuto no Ken, Sailor Moon S, UMvC3, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, KOFXIV, & Project Justice.

Attached: 1564775097371.png (652x884, 679K)

Oh and MK11 was shit tier, I completely forgot about that garbage.

I really fucking hate Karin.

Attached: 1564884324324.jpg (2048x995, 252K)

I just searched up combo breaker, I think its really cool they have all these tournaments for all these games even the old ones. Maybe if this wizard guy wants to make evo better he should include and advertise all these other games instead of letting anime evo handle the lesser known stuff

Attached: combo breaker.png (1113x882, 1.07M)

>Oh and MK11 was shit tier

Attached: 1507771658371.gif (256x192, 1.49M)

man some of you guys really want to hate mortal kombat

Attached: boostagold.jpg (163x180, 17K)

Attached: +_a6fe352d4e9b277accb42224bc9c704d.png (955x376, 652K)

Pokchop was chimping out and mcribs told him to shut up or he'll be thrown out

Fighting game characters dressing up before or after the tournament all started way way back....

>tfw you always want to see the MK cast dressed up after a tourney.

Attached: the_king_of_fighters__98_cover_by_kainrv1_dak9wy3-pre.jpg (897x891, 99K)

twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/1158889235677532160?s=19

MikeZ still being the realest guy around. Fuck esports, fuck Evo, and FUCK Mr. Wizard.

Yeah, it's a fighting game just like how UFC 19 and WWE 2K20 are

To be fair to Wizard, a some of the AnimEVO games did get to use the EVO side streams during day 2, which they desperately needed because as always those side events are the epitome of poverty. But at the same time, it's not as if he advertised them for the main schedule (as far as I'm aware), and there definitely don't need to be TWO Jump-Off streams, what the fuck.

United Arab Emirates got 2nd in SFV as well, Spain was 4th in DBFZ, and IIRC 3rd in Smash is French.

Also USA winning BBTag is crazy too; IIRC America has never won an anime game at EVO before.

Not our fault it's a shitty game. Now Killer Instinct, that's a good ass western made fighting game.

EVO after going all e-sports became too "clean", you don't get as much rowdy crazy moments that you used to get

he tried to warn us, but we didnt listen

Attached: C_kie4AUQAE83Pj.jpg (282x422, 29K)

i still dont get the hate both games are good to me

Mike Z is still salty his waifu fighter never made main stage, that's the only reason he rags on mr.wiz and evo for anything.

In all fairness, Skullgirls got the "it came out too close to EVO" excuse when it had like 3 or 4 months, and this year SamSho got in 5 weeks after release. SamSho was great, but Skullgirls should've been afforded the same opportunity (or at least not a fucking lie).

>Project Justice
Fuck, i didn't notice they were playing it

yeah but samsho got actual entrants, where skullgirls wouldn't have. the "close to evo" excuse was just mr wizards way of being nice without outright saying no one would play it.

This. Pretty much always be salty his game didn't take the world by storm.

Why were there so many commercials?

Dragon Ball Fighterz

It was alright if simple.
11 characters + 5 Season pass 1 kills it for me considering source material

Smash is not a fighting game and should be removed from Evo regardless of how popular it is.

Seems they're putting the dev time into the single player instead. Don't know if that's the right decision but I hope it's enjoyable.

So did everyone I was watching it with. After the Guilty Gear announcement someone switched to the Riki-Oh clip on the restream we were watching and we all agreed that was good enough since all of us but one watching in the morning.

Lets get rid of Catherine and Puyo Puyo too.
Bitch ass.

No one gives a fuck about your shitty game, deal with it.

Those are side-games, retard patrol. I know you smelee players can't figure things out on you own, like hygiene, but try to understand main games vs side games.

Karin isn't neutral based but she's one of the few characters who doesn't have stubby ass buttons

Even when Steve hung out with Law and Paul he still had a serious ending where they both died in an explosion and he barely escaped

cant we just call it a platform fighter?

oh shit I didnt know about that. In T6 I only played through Paul and Law's arcade.

name a more cringe-ass poser post than this

Why do people keep repeating this when Wizard's organization 10/0 handles Capcom Cup every year?

(You)

There's nothing wrong with running any 1v1 skill-based competitive game at a fighting game tournament even if they're not a fighting game. Also, EVO is one of the few open tournaments where "Main" and "Side" games are a thing. Combo Breaker runs old and obscure games alongside current games, and so do many majors.

I have no problem seeing Smash, Windjammers, Catherine, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Fighter, Smash clones like Rivals of Aether/Slap City/Brawlhalla, and even arena fighters like that Kill La Kill game that had a side tourney this EVO at FGC events. I think having a huge number of games at these events run by whoever wants to run them for whoever wants to enter is a big part of what makes majors different and special compared all the other esports shit.

Source, my fellow user?

Attached: FB_IMG_1558203212012.jpg (720x405, 27K)

This. EVO has gone a bit streamlined, but for the most part it still feels grassroots. Don't like MrWiz and some of his crap but for now EVO is still legit and a nice E3 for fighters.

under the title on the right, user.

Get lost, loser

Oh!
I didn't notice it.
Thanks and sorry for me being an idiot.

Attached: IMG_20190512_121752.jpg (487x387, 30K)

Geese keeps getting nerfed tho.

ANIME ALWAYS WINS BABY

This. Windjammers was hype as fuck. So long as it embodies the spirit of EVO then I don't see a problem.

I didn't even watch it. kek.

we dont count fags as american

I legit never followed Windjammers much but I caught the Top 3 and Windjammers 2 exhibitions and man it looks cool. It helped that the guy on commentary was the most sincerely passionate guy I've ever heard talk about a video game. Hearing him freak out over small new bits of tech in 2's mechanics in real time was really cool as somebody who knows little about the game, since he actually pointed out what the differences were.

I think the casters are getting paid more.

you are sucking off MikeZ's salty cock too much here
this is the dude who always claims that he doesn't care about EVO and its affairs, yet he sure doesn't miss the chance to shit on it whenever he can. As well as shilling for CB. He does this every year
not defending Wizz here cause EVO is run by jackasses for sure. But don't bring this even bigger jackass into the discussion

>SNK put in a bigger pot bonus than Warner Bros.

Attached: 1503702407519.jpg (419x479, 180K)

I wonder how different the FGC timeline would be if Skullgirls won the donation drive instead of Melee.

melee would've gotten in the year after that and things would be the same.

test

>yet he sure doesn't miss the chance to shit on it whenever he can. As well as shilling for CB
Eh I don't blame him for this.

At this point Steve is one of the few characters with a serious arc that isn't generic like wanting to be the best or earning money.

The king/marduk/armorking story had something going on in T6. I wonder how Aking is handling king and Marduk being friends now. And I guess theres miguels and leos revenge story but thats kinda generic too.

King II, Marduk, and Armor King II have a really cool dynamic that is a lot more interesting than most fighting game stories. Lili & Asuka's is close, although most of what I like about it is Lili's personality. It's insane how much better Tekken pulled off the pompous rich fighting enthusiast girl/scrappy Japanese schoolgirl rival dynamic than SF did. Karin is so boring.

Cope

Attached: ruby cookies.jpg (540x538, 85K)

I'll take smash faggots over MK11.
One cause that games sheer garbage, and two because SonicFox won and I genuinely find that guy unbearable

>lili/asuka
really? Did they do something new in T7? I just remember lili as the rich girl who wants to beat asuka. In fact in t6 I think they dropped the ball on both their characters. Asuka wanted to stop her cousin from taking over the world, not to mention her weird powers in T5, and Lili wanted to fight jin to save her fathers company. But in the end of arcade mode it was just more highschool antics.

that's besides my point. Everyone knows CB is one of the best events of the year. That other user claiming that MikeZ is somehow ''keeping it real'' is just a delusional retard
this is from his twitter. Mike quite literally doesn't care about EVO nor the games shown in it. Then for what reason is always shilling CB if they have the same main games? The obvious answer is because CB also features many other titles, among them SG, his own game. And the thing is that animEVO also already does feature many other side games too
it's alway been because of SG. This guy just has a gripe with EVO and every event that isn't CB cause no one wanted to play SG. And right now Mike has quite literally become the embodiment of ''OLD GAME GOOD NEW GAME BAD''. This guy doesn't keep it real at all, he's just salty

Attached: 1536462067923.png (607x437, 58K)

That top 8 split is kinda whack

I just like Lili herself a lot I guess. She's portrayed as off-kilter and dedicates herself to the few things she cares about (fighting, being around Asuka) even though people in her life are against those pursuits (her father and Asuka, respectively). Her fighting style being a hodgepodge of ballet and gymnastics because her father refused to let her take martial arts, her elaborate schemes to one-up Asuka while also being willing to walk up and slap her across the face for fun. Then there's her dynamic with Sebastian and little character traits like how she likes people with features similar to her father (Ganryu's eyebrows specifically are mentioned) and very charitable despite her demeanor (she just gives Lars a car in T6 as a gift IIRC). I'm not as interested in Asuka but I think they bounce off each other well.

Also there's that SFxT trailer where Lili & Asuka fight Chun & Cammy and I think they nailed their dynamic really well in that; SFxT in general had fantastic trailers which betrayed how mediocre the game ended up being.

I genuinely prefer how the Tekken characters look there than in most Tekken games.

>hat other user claiming that MikeZ is somehow ''keeping it real'' is just a delusional retard

I think he was just baiting

Well most fighters out now are trash so maybe he's right about shitting on what the genre is producing now and what a sham the "FGC" is now

Not every game at Combo Breaker gets streamed

>a bunch more new players start playing cause of evo
>finally winning some matches online

Attached: yes.png (385x325, 99K)

>Batshit insane exwife breaks your trophies
>Just win more

Attached: downroadcomprete.jpg (300x168, 4K)

Based

This EVO gave me faith in games living longer lives. BBTag, SCVI, and SamSho getting the support they announced was all a surprise to me. The only problem is getting into all the ones I want to play; I barely play enough DBFZ with all the single-player stuff in my backlog so I didn't pick up SamSho at launch (the first DLC season only having one character I feel like I would play on top of Darli being Bottom 3 didn't help).

>downroad comprete
Unlike the Japanese, Koreans don't interchange "l" and "r".

They do however seem to like choosing random English words as their tags. I swear every single Korean player I can think of just picked an English word that sounded cool.

>try discussing game
>always goes into shit about Infiltration
Shit sucks.

While I could personally give two fucks about Shizumaru and Mina it was cool to announce them when it seemed like all the dlc characters were already decided and put in place. With evo over now I'm hoping we can see some balance patches now.

Attached: qP3IWi5.png (1018x619, 1.18M)

who are the 2nd placers?

These three are such solid newcomers. KOFXIV had its winners and losers, but these three all hit the spot.

I feel like the current batch of newcomers for long-running series is a lot better than the ones we got in the recent past. T7's launch roster had some weak ones like Gigas and Katarina but Josie, Katarina, and Claudio are pretty cool, and the guests were executed very well; Leroy is a HUGE step in the right direction and for my money is the best Tekken newcomer since 5 added Asuka, Lili, & Feng. SCVI has done a great job with its guests as well and has Aswel who is one of the most likable boss characters in a while (alongside KOFXIV's Antonov). SFV's newcomers are one of its strong suits outside of Necalli, Kage, and the ridiculous number of blonde women; FANG, Rashid, Laura, Menat, Abigail, Zeku, Ed, & G are all fantastic.

This is from memory:
>SCVI
American Aswel
>UNIST
Japanese Seth
>DBFZ
American Bardock/Kid Buu/GT Goku
>SamSho
Japanese Haohmaru
>MK11
I legitimately don't remember and Sonic was the only one in that Top 8 that kept to one character IIRC.
>BBTag
Japanese Mitsuru/Akihiko
>SFV
United Arab Emirates Rashid
>T7
South Korean Steve/Paul/Kazuya/Devil Jin
>Smash
American Pokemon Trainer

I am excited about Shizumaru and stupid midair umbrella mixups again. Don't care about Mina

>weak ones like katarina
>but katarina

At least was not Tam Tam

>Joker, his harem, Yu Narukami ripoff, Genjuro, Voldo, and "yet another" Goku
pretty based

>maister running into MKleo early in bracket AGAIN

fuck joker man, tired of this shit

Attached: fucking kms.png (191x253, 84K)

I like all of them but it's clear they weren't given the time the veterans had. I really like what the three of them bring to the game and hope balance patches can help them out, as they are now they're all low mid tier at best, probably closer to low tier though.

Attached: samuraishodown2019-artwork.jpg (2907x1276, 1.1M)

Brain completely stopped working there. The second Katarina was meant to be Kazumi.

Attached: 1532896610364.png (464x485, 18K)

>DBFZ had best Grand finals
I think you meant Winners Finals. IMO Smash had the best GFs, a revers 6-0 comeback from losers is always neet, but the best set of the whole event was DBFz Winner Finals.

I think this year's EVO had the most countries represented in Main Stage Top 8s. I can remember:
>USA
>Canada
>Mexico
>Japan
>South Korea
>China
>UK
>France
>Spain
>Pakistan
>UAE
>Brazil

>Canada
Woolie got into top 8?

>I guess we really were...the world warriors

Am I alone in getting tried of seeing guest characters now, specifically when they take slots away from fan-favorite/legacy characters?

Some Leaf Enkidu made Top 8 winners but got shut out with a double-loss 5th Place finish. The other 7 UNIST players were Japanese, so it was actually the most homogenous Top 8 overall.

Woolie went 1-2 in SamSho; his win on-stream was his only one, but I guess he looks dominant and he was the only Darli that didn't lose on stream that day.

infexious won street fighter

Since when was Joker in BB?

Are you dumb? P5A was obviously a main stage game at EVO.

chess at evo when

Fantasy Strike is too good for Evo.

There should be a Chess game where every time two pieces interact it's actually a round of a fighting game; it's designed so that more important pieces are stronger, but a pawn wouldn't be unplayable, and the attacking player would get some advantage like more damage or more meter.

Attached: 440.gif (255x197, 104K)

the story of the tekken champ is so fascinating

>Been a god at Tekken for years
>Was literally just too poor to afford a passport & plane tickets to compete
>Once he's able to, he fucking beasts everybody nonstop, even dominating Knee every single time they play
>Wins so much money that he'll never be poor again (since USD payouts translate to a fortune in Pakistani currency)
The one thing I don't know about is this: was he scouted and sponsored which lead to him starting to fly out, or did he finally scrounge up enough to go to one tournament and impressed so much that somebody scooped him up immediately?

He sewed many shirts for that flight.

>Be super good at Pawn
>Bum rush mid everytime
>Take out opponents pieces even when it's their turn
>Win in 5 moves
Yeah good game

I really like Arslan. Such a humble guy that managed to overcome hurdles. I hope we see more of him. Gotta give credits to Sherry too for her visa program.

>Tekken player has a literal anime plotline of coming out of an ancient kingdom and dominating the scene with his mysterious skills
>DBZ player has a literal anime plotline of recovering from a serious wrist injury
This evo was wild

Attached: 1543358291417.jpg (791x800, 125K)

>are all fantastic.
>Abigail
No matter how much you push that horribly proportioned blubbering retard, he will never stop being the worst reveal at EVO ever.

I'm an arcsysfag but SamSho top8 was amazing. Infiltration triggering the US anime FGC trannysphere something fierce was the cherry on top. My twitter feed was full of butthurt.

He's the most fun character to play as in SFV and his legitimate autism is entertaining. I'll never stop liking him, and you'll just have to settle for the fact that I'll never get him in another game just like I'll never get Hakan in another game.

Attached: 1561867579931.png (651x603, 406K)

Where is Sailor Mars?

Attached: jisook86 pixivid_7077181 37491207_p0.png (1000x1500, 438K)

Right here: She embraced the winner of the tournament for winning with her.

I get the feeling that next year's EVO lineup is going to be the same as this year's, with the only change being shifting out BBTag for something else. It's pretty obvious that it's going to be GranBlue so ArcSys has the same number of reps (no way will the new GG be out on consoles by the end of June, at best the Arcade version will be out and EVO will reveal a character coming to the console release).

Pic related would be a good BBTag replacement mechanically since it's just as much of a clusterfuck, but at least the Granblue beta was apparently received well and has a focus on neutral.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Fuck everyone who hates Karin. Maybe stop being retarded and not mash? What the fuck are these scrubs? Just gitgud what the actual fuck? This year's evo top 8 isn't as cancer as previoius tournaments and is pretty diverse. A Zeku almost fucking won.

Attached: catchfire.jpg (258x390, 28K)

what AnimEVO games were worth watching?

Attached: goldface mercury.jpg (1462x1462, 801K)

My problems with Karin aren't gameplay-related outside of not finding her fun to use. I just think she's boring and unlikable as a character.

DBFZ was nuts, the hype would've been through the roof if GO1 ended the final combo on the sonicfox with vanish, imagine ending grand finals with a dramatic finish

youtube.com/watch?v=dN93-b4ns74

Ultimate > Tekken > DBFZ > UNIST > SC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SFV = Samshit = Weebtag = NRShit

Attached: EAV1gYxXYAA3QAC.jpg (699x1167, 113K)

SamSho is kind of on thin ice, SNK has never got 2 games before but if BBtag can get two goes it has a chance. DBFZ might get the boot if there is no S3, that game caused a lot of trouble for organisers and had such a huge drop off. SC6 probably won't make it.

>but at least the Granblue beta was apparently received well and has a focus on neutral.
GBV is gonna have huge drop off, especially if the DLC doesn't come out fast. 11 base roster is very small. The praise coming off the beta was mostly under the impression we'll find out more later, but there really isn't a way to do much more with the game. The combo system is probably the most simple I've seen. I don't see it being favoured by stream monsters either, the tournament they had at EVO this year was completely dry and boring. The best hope the game has is pot monsters.

Subjective tbqh. It's the opposite for me. I find punishing retards fun with l.mk tenko ex tenko vskill/ex orochi. Most satisfying combo tbqh in sfv. I probably only like Karin due to her combos. Same as Ibuki but there's too much going on with ibuki's kit.

Attached: 1495754161862.png (589x684, 231K)

The Zeku got fucking clowned and stood no chance against the actual top competitors, the fact that he was top 4 was simply because the people lower than him were even worse. The only reason you didn't see more Rashid's is apparently because people didn't want to play him, despite how oppressive he is in most matchups. The Karin won by the skin of her teeth. Watching pro SF5 has convinced me that the game really is garbage, when so many rounds are determined solely by who gains momentum first, what's the fucking point? Might as well flip coins to see who wins the tournament. I've never seen so many perfects, it was embarrassing. That anyone is taking this joke of a game seriously at this point is sad.

>Top 8 had Enkidu and Mika
>Seth player ate shit
Sounds based to me

Here's what I watched (this isn't everything but what I saw and enjoyed).
Friday:
>Sailor Moon S Pools
>Garou Pools until Top 4
>Hokuto no Ken (whole tournament)
>Arcana Heart 3 Pools
>Aquapazza Top 8
Saturday:
>Ultra Fight Da Kyanta Top 8 (this game is so weird and good and it's free, and the tournament was a ton of fun to check out)
>Kill La Kill IF Top 4 (at least Grand Finals)
>GGXX & Xrd tournaments (I'm sure GG1 was some good kusoge)
>Project Justice tournament
>TvC Top 16
>UMvC3 Top 4 (Sacktap brought Ghost Rider/Arthur/Haggar to Winner's side of GF)
>Garou Top 4
>KOFXIV tournament, if you can deal with legitimate Mexican commentary
>Windjammers Top 3 & Windjammers 2 Exhibitions
>To a lesser extent, TMNT & P4U

Holy shit, I didn't even realize that Grand Finals ended with Super Saiyan (3) Goku against Kid Buu on Kai Planet.

Attached: 1558501656319.jpg (480x499, 21K)

But melee isn't and that's all that matters

Ahem
Fuck tag fighters

Attached: Dvv-sLcUUAENUem.jpg (847x1200, 143K)

Prior to Evo Japan, he beat up Knee at some Middle East Tekken tournament so he was probably scouted there. He may have been scouted even earlier than that for all I know but it seems to be the moment most people know of.

Here's some of a story on how he got to Evo Japan. Key point is that he clearly had someone sponsoring him to get him there.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7VnPVzuMto

Superior EVO champs coming through.

Attached: 1312354761155.jpg (825x514, 107K)

Dude she is dull as it gets

> Maybe stop being retarded and not mash?
That is how SFV goes though. You have oppressive rushdown and weak defence. Blocking is shit in this game, the best characters can easily mount a safe offence and will keep stealing turns cause it is a bit ambiguous. You have to go fuck ME UNGA to get out, because sitting and talking it all is as risky but for less reward. Defence is not rewarded and does not get you out of a situation, it simply delays how long it will be before you have to say fuck it and mash something out. Some games have a load of pushback, a defensive mechanic, clear range of safer to risky answers or limited pressure possibilities. But in SFV it is all a high risk that could eat something huge. That is why momentum can be so heavy, you either can't get a read so have to keep taking the pressure or just lose that coin flip every time.

Attached: 1542088046225.webm (768x432, 2.74M)

I see a Ruby but where is the Yang?

But you can prevent ungga with v reversals?
Fuck tokido in this webm. Literally too afraid to do EX of any sort just to stop karin's l.mp.

>Seriously what the fuck is up with mr wizard
He's a fat Jew vampire. (he's actually Italian, I think, but he's a Jew in spirit)

>But you can prevent ungga with v reversals?
Which is a weak mechanic, it isn't a lower risk option to get you out of a stick situation but just as much of a risk as going offensive. They even lose to grabs, if they have that whole mixup going in the corner it isn't that useful. And that is if you even have a good one, some characters don't. It also means losing your vtrigger which is way stronger for a comeback. It is the same problem with defence in SFV, the game is designed for big reads where you can't go for a safer option.

> Literally too afraid to do EX of any sort
Guess he took the advice to stop being retarded and not mash, didn't work out.

Pretty much this. Karin's cr.lp and cr.mp are nothing short of godlike, especially cr.mp because its confirm follow ups are available from so FAR (cr.mk or st.mp) and they lead to meterless 20-25% combos with amazing corner carry and what's even worse, guaranteed oki pressure on wake up. She's the most efficient character as well since her game plan does not involve the use of EX meter, so you ALWAYS either use it on a super at the end of the round, or you extend damage to 35-40% with the use of 1 or 2 bars
Just imagine being someone like a ryu man, who can barely put out 2 fucking jabs in a combo and loses oki immediately after 15% combo ender
She is way too good because she's everything SFV tries to stand for

Everything except trash bros and mk were great

>getting confused by a reply chain that is only 2 posts long

Attached: 12312312.jpg (170x164, 8K)

This just made me realize that every girl in tekken except leo has giant knockers, based harada

She was mediocre in season 2.5 or whatever (the season where punk was getting shit on) other than that she has been consistently top tier

False, Xiaoyu, Alisa and Eliza without customizations are on the more modest side

>this level of cope

>She is way too good because she's everything SFV tries to stand for
Don't know if I'd call her too good. It isn't like 3S top tiers where they are just so good at the game and you have to beat them at that head on. Good reads will help but you seriously need to out preform them cause mechanically they just are superior. If you were getting good reads on a talented Chun they could change the pace and safely push in your shit.

Some games you can really identify oh their movement is so good, their execution is amazing or they are using all the mechanics so well. SFV is really about having good thinkums. People say it is random and I disagree with that, good reads so often is very hard. But it most games it is a part of everything else, while SFV a bad day where your reads aren't on point can knock you from 1st to 64th. It is why you see top players lose to no names that never amount to anything again, if you reach a general good skill level you can just get 8 good reads and take a set.

Karin does the basics of SFV incredibly well, the big damage helps a lot but she'd still be great with it toned down. The thing is that can be countered very easily if you just get the right reads. The two important things in SFV are frame data and knowing your opponent. If you get that going they can't go "oh shit let me minimise this and slow down the pace" or go I" should use my limited use get out of jail card." If you get back to neutral it is a game of who is going in first and how can I counter that if they do. But it requires consistently getting those reads. Big Bird managed to get multiple perfects throughout top 8, yet his sets were still so close. You'd think so many perfects was a culmination of things, he must be so far ahead of the competition but it was really sometimes Rashid's momentum paid off and they couldn't guess right. But in the end Karin just won the coin flips.

>I dont follow samsho so I was surprised to see people like jwong, and valle there.
New games attract people with years of experience in the fundamentals, especially retro-old-school type games, and doubly so when they have a pot bonus.

When we were watching EVO at my local dojo almost everyone was glued to the screen during DBFZ despite them not liking it.

Attached: Rivals.webm (1280x720, 2.05M)

>SamSho is kind of on thin ice
SNK is going with the 4D chess and will release Iroha close to the time the EVO titles are announced

>But in the end Karin just won the coin flips.

Personally I think that in part it was due to nerves, it was his first time in top8 (always ended up 9/16) and he lost his momentum in the most crucial match

She probably has the best one in the game, to be honest.

Attached: Plump and juicy.jpg (1024x801, 67K)

it made me realise I wish there was a good 2d fighter on PC

at least I got Tekken and SCVI

Honestly, they should just allow you to pick moves at the character select screen. It would be way more fun that way.

DBFZ

Did everyone in top 8 for SFV get 50k on top of their placement winnings, or was it split between them?

ded

nope

*beep*
Scrub detected

>sfiv being such a hit made people think that any sf without autopilot defense is bad
I hate 09ers so much, I bet you love tekken too

sfv, st and a2 on fightcade what more do you want

Watching Raito try his best against Leo hurt.

I wanted my story of a good dude, dedicated to his mid-tier, beating the odds and taking down Gods.

Attached: 1560105184393.png (1024x576, 324K)

>want to play the new GG after seeing the new trailer
>too shit to get into it due to blowing at FGs in general
Should I just by Rev2 even though I heard it's harder to get matches online + mechanics?

Getting Rev2 wouldn't be bad just to practice execution. But maybe pick up an easier fighter like samsho to get the hang of the genre as well

If you're interested in it then go for it. I play Rev 2 regularly and don't have too much trouble getting a game without using discord or any of that, even if it's obviously not as populated as SF or something like that.

DBFZ was hype and tekken was good. I tried watching smash but that shit's boring as hell to me now.

I honestly skipped smash until the GF. GF was pretty fun

Too bad we can't found this without text

pay to win

so what game should i play if i want something not dead (especially in eu) but i don't like tekken (tried it many times it just doesn't click with me) and sfv is a bad game?
I really like soul calibur but last time i checked wasn't doing so well.
I also play ultimate but i'm kinda bored of it and hero left a bad taste in my mouth

Just play whatever you're interested in. Most modern fighting games should have at least some people for you to play with.

they need to lessen the requirement for activating dramatic finishes. So many good opportunities missed

>Joker
Can't wait for Hero and update 4.0 to be unbanned for next Evo hell be obsolete and RNG will rain supreme there will be 5 hero mains at top 8

Attached: Z954793657.jpg (800x804, 56K)

>Trying to use FGC as an insult

Even you smashfags know that smash doesnt belong in EVO

He will get rng'd next year don't worry

No joke that's my favorite Evo pic ever.

He was willing to take a throw, he could mash jab immediately after the cr MP and it would stop him from walking forward and doing another one.

But he wanted Phenom to throw him so he could go back to neutral.

Also, Tokido won this set.

What's the context in pic related? Side tournament still running after the mainstage was finished? I'm guessing on an earlier day.

The emptiness of the venue and the one girl watching on the bottom stage somehow makes it a comfy image.

EVO has smaller stages like that set up for side tourney Top 8/Top 4s. I remember last year that same setup was used for ARMS and Marvel Infinite's side tournaments (didn't see a bit of those games this year). That was on the second half of Saturday. Sailor Moon S is a fun game to watch; it's busted to fuck and it's limited by the SNES but it comes together in a way that everybody is equally busted. Long-distance invincible dashes in either direction to get around the bullshit some characters pull, but most characters have punishes for it on a read. It's like a weird cross of ST, an anime game, and KOF's roll meta.

It doesn't beat Hokuto no Ken as the top licensed anime kusoge, but it's a close second.

I'm just going to post this trailer from yesterday:
youtube.com/watch?v=svCKga4QcCA

I like how the team behind this seems really dedicated to improving it. This trailer looks better than anything I saw out of the game around launch visually, and that super animation is good shit.

Attached: 1564954518282.png (227x228, 131K)

Fucking lmao
It's like Mr.Wiz want people to hate him more with each year.
You literally can't hire Tastey Steve and expect people to stay quite while he goes ballistic on the mic.

Attached: Based manlet man of US tears.jpg (373x593, 68K)

guys how do you handle multiple games? I'm trying to git gut at ultimate and sc6, i'm fairly new to the genre but i really like both. Still skills don't transfer that much and time is scarce with all the real life commitments

>EU is literally so fucking shit at fighters we let Pakistan and Mexico outpace us
What the fuck did we do to deserve this lads?
It's so fucking depressing that we literally can't muster to even have one prominent guy consistently be in top 8.

Is it really because our scene is so fucking divided?

Attached: 1538889828886.png (473x409, 135K)

yes
language barrier
lack of arcade culture

>Next smash Evo
>Most top 8 mains are Hero by winning """""luck"""""

If this happen smash is literary just a fucking gamble game and boring to watch as fighting/party game

>I’m too fucking lazy or stupid to google search

Attached: 41F1A79D-9FF3-46DC-A56A-1221091FAF28.png (339x443, 175K)

There were like 4 Europeans in Top 8s this year (while MKLeo was the only Mexican and one of two LatAms in Top 8s while there were also only the two middle eastern guys in Top 8s) and Problem X won SFV last year if you care about that.

>karin
hol the fuck up....youre telling me that the camel jockey lost?! WTF I STOPPED WATCHING CUZ THE JAP WAS GETTING HUSTLED N UR TEKLLIN ME HE CAME BACK????? FUUUUU I DIPPED CUZ I DIDBT WANT TO SEE BROWNIE WIN FR NUTHIN

YES. VIVA LATINA AMERICA

MKLEO - SMASH EVO 2019 CHAMPION

Attached: 1564985967101.png (655x401, 296K)

Up throw woundnt have killed. He needed a platform assist In order for it to kill.

>get 50k on top of their placement winnings
If only. It was split, just like it says.

Attached: Untitled2.png (637x870, 84K)

He is absolutely right. I have never been more bored watching MK and SF matches. So many of these games are slow and "accesible". Its trash.

>KojiKOG & Kayane didn't even make $100

It was definitely the best

>Samsho had a bigger pool than Tekken
huh

SNK gave a $30,000 pot bonuses

Shut Up Newfag

The game will be at version 7.0 by then, barring a season 2 (which I highly doubt will happen).

Hail!

>samurai shodown getting thrown under the bus because people are mad that infiltration won

Attached: 1536578133515.png (400x392, 116K)

The character variety in DBFZ seemed a lot worse in practice. Only 4 teams had Bardock and only 2 had GT Goku, but 3 of those Bardocks were the Top 3 and the two GT Gokus faced in both Winners and Grand Finals so we saw a lot of those two. The characters in Top 8 were:
>Bardock
>GT Goku
>SS Goku
>SS Vegeta
>Cell
>Kid Buu
>Adult Gohan
>Teen Gohan
>Tien
>Yamcha
>18
>17 (who has been considered Garbage Tier since release and still Bottom 5 even after many buffs)
That's no worse than last year's Top 8 dominated by Cell & Bardock, and even then last year had 21, Black, Zamasu, 16, Gotenks, and Trunks show up.

meanwhile underage kids in fortnite :)

Attached: bus10rt704d31.jpg (640x360, 62K)

I have hope it will return because of the continued support and how KOFXV seems to not be far enough along to expect a release in the first half of 2020. SamSho had a full gameplay reveal trailer at TGS last year and the new Guilty Gear trailer was definitely at least in-engine and had a 2020 date while KOFXV only had an "Now in Development".

>10th place got more money than all of evo winners
How will the FGC ever recover?

Hail King

Hail!!

Will someone draw an orgy of the characters?

smashcon is this weekend

Man no one will do that for free.

Hail King!!!

I'd settle for Joker attempting to seduce Kazumi.

Where can I watch the side tournaments? No information on with Twithc channels they are on can be found for a lot of them.

Better than JDCR. When he picked Heihachi against Nobi and then got destroyed I felt so sad

>I genuinely find that guy unbearable

Only because you're homophobic
Because if you're bothered by someone stating their sexuality 24/7 you're obviously a homophobe you homophobe

It's not worth trying to watch the archives in most cases. A lot of them had really spotty streams due to using the public wifi at the event and went down numerous times so they're broken up a lot. You can try, but really wait for the VODs for everything that wasn't on an EVO channel on day 2. Puyo Puyo Champions and Catherine are, at the very least, up on PXMacaiah's Youtube channel. More will come to other channels as people make it back home and wind down from everything.
youtube.com/user/PXTimefordeath/videos

Attached: Animevo.png (1200x1287, 253K)

Poor Kazumer. She shouldn't look that old

We'll probably get a XV gameplay trailer soon enough, they seem to reveal that stuff at conferences near the end of the year. I think it will come out early enough next year for EVO, but I also think they want both games to run at the same time. They have different enough appeals. SamSho is simple while unique, KoF is a more standard traditional fighter but as a 3v3 games and it's own mechanics to make it stand out. They just need to kill the image that KoF combos are all like XIII, most of the series isn't like that but it is the one many outside the community know.

SNK said they want to be back towards the top with fighters. Honestly they aren't doing an awful job. SamSho is getting a lot of FGC support, everyone is playing it as a side game. And KoF could offer a pretty good main game, if you want a traditional 2D fighter that is also a bit technical it is a great choice. What SNK lack if that mainstream in. GG is getting so much attention now cause of the graphics despite being, well GG. SNK need to find a way to get in the public eye like that.

Attached: 1555785481333.jpg (850x1776, 271K)

MK11 is just Boon re-using the Injustice2 engine and phoning it so that his game gets tournament play. MK11 is the most uninspired Mortal Kombat to date.

you sound like a retard

he's right tho

>This
She's the only character in SFV that actually plays like Streetfighter that isn't nerfed into the ground.

Attached: file.png (800x800, 451K)

I have been interested in samsho since release but they're making it hard considering they're announcing dlc for next year but haven't mentioned the pc port that should be happening this year

Attached: 1561298612960.png (960x800, 101K)

>The new DLC character wins smash every year.
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1510471312058.jpg (96x270, 24K)

Is Leffen right?

twitter.com/TSM_Leffen/status/1158401985051353089

Not sure I agree with him being fun to watch but the rest is correct yes.

guys should i pick up soul calibur or should i stick with smash? I kinda like both

No one was hyped about kazumi. Every one was hyped about arslan

Soul Calibur has the smaller playerbase

>language barrier
What? EU speaks English.

The way this picture shows the utmost zany and powerful characters in their own respective franchises is to die for

he's right this time. Game is only in its first year. People just need to adapt. Its not like top8 was full of jokers. Samshos top8 had 4 genjuros but it ended up being genjuro vs haohmoru in the end anyway. Wesker used Dominate mvc3 until people learned how to fight against them.

nice bait

>Karin winning EVO

It literally could not have gone any other way

Attached: file.png (236x236, 125K)

SC6 was better desu.
Only 12 characters among 8 players where each of them had a team of 3 is not very good at all. The matches were close which was exciting but the character variety dragged it down.

Windjammers was fucking lit, are you insane? That's a true vs. game if I have ever seen one

I'm semi-sure it shows the winners, lad. At least two of those characters won their respective games.

>Boot up SF5 for old times sake
>Try to do all the trials I never got around to doing
>Finish, game takes me back to the menu
>Crashes
>Uninstalls itself
What

My gut feeling says 2 SNK games at EVO the same year is a pipe dream, but considering that they ran 2 Bamco, 1 ArcSys, 1 Bamco+ArcSys, and 1 French Bread at once this year might say otherwise. Still, I feel like it will only happen if they break out of the template of only running 8 or 9 "main" games they've been in for some years now.

Right now, I really think next year's EVO will be the same as this year in terms of the main stage, just with BBTag replaced with Granblue and SamSho only staying if KOFXV isn't out yet. To run 10+ games they'd need to start on Thursday or have multiple Friday finals.

>I really fucking hate Karin.
Seethe harder, peasant

Attached: file.png (372x480, 267K)

Every other person who played Joker got trashed and failed to make top 32.

you can play multiple games user

>To run 10+ games they'd need to start on Thursday or have multiple Friday finals.
I'd say the bigger issue is that EVO is just so badly run. There are a lot more people to manage than any other tournament yet it is so horribly disorganised. But with the amount of games coming out, while old ones can still crack 1,000 at some point it becomes hard to justify. DBFZ should probably be on the way out, but how could you cut a game which has that many people playing?

Still not a fighting game.

>Sonicfox
I'm assume fighterz didn't get a good payout.

We would have gotten a Skullgirls 2 announcement, sooner than later

What's is your reaction if they put splatoon in EVO?

Make sure voldo is doing his power hump

The $10 entry fee per entrant, 1200 people entered, and 2nd place gets 20% of the pot, yeah. He got $2,400 for it. MK only had almost 400 more entrants, but it also had a $15k pot bonus so even placing in top 8 there would put you above players in other games.

MK was Dragon and I don't recall him using Geras. He used Cetrion

Can't you handle true Brazilian titties

>Bonchan starts every match with Sagat
>loses
>then switch to Karin
>wins
>At the end he just had given up on Sagat completely
Fuck, it's so sad to see a loyalist switch his character of choice

>Might as well flip coins to see who wins the tournament.
This happens numerous times throughout a single match of any fighting game. They literally could have a tournament of just heads vs. Tails

>fabricating a sob story and faking a suicide note to get people to join your discord
based but bluepilled

I don't even hate oujo-sama characters. I just hate Karin.

Stop being a fucking crybaby. Every character has fucking confirms. Get good you bitch. I did my time. I spend tens of hours in the lab, learning how to play the god damn character. I did the same thing for Menat. Nothing will ever beat practice.

I think its great how passionate the players are for their fighting games despite the money payouts being so low. But would a higher payout really bring in more players? I mean I guess it would be nice to pay more in general, but its not like the prospect of more money would suddenly make someone better at the game to beat the current pros.

Attached: 1554086772406.png (1000x1000, 66K)

>game saves you from having to play it
bravo capcom

I had a hard time caring this year with the lack of Guilty Gear and Melee. SC6 and DBFZ was alright and I wanted to watch Tekken but ended up missing it.

Yeah, but what do Karin Kanzuki and Kid Goku have in common, besides winning EVO? What about fucking Kazuya's mom, or fucking P5 MC?

There were side tournaments for Xrd, XXAC+R, GG1, and Melee at EVO; official EVO streams even showed the Xrd & Melee Top 4s. That said apparently only 120 people showed up for Melee and HBox won again (I didn't watch).

It's more of a fighting game than smash is.

Winners bracket means you don't play that many games. Whoever comes from losers is coming in hot. That's why you either see a one sided finals because the guy in winners is in winners because he's head and shoulders above the rest, or a bracket reset.

It is literally the winners at EVO and nothing else. There's been group images like that before for EVO-winning characters. Joker is there because he's in Smash and the best player in that game right now plays Joker.

It really doesn't matter. I don't see why letting those games have presences at fighting game tournaments if people want to run/enter them is a bad thing; Smash isn't a traditional fighting game but it has enough shared fundamentals to be closer to them than any other game that's played competitively, and the same goes for its indie clones that are more directly competitively tuned (although with much smaller playerbases).

Yeah I KNOW, user, fuck. All I'm saying is that these characters are bad ass in their own right, and because they won EVO, it just fits into their whole persona in each of their respective universes.

Gotta love sarcasm

the only highlight this year turned out to be a fucking joke

fuck evo.

I love how salty the Snake prank made everybody. EVO is a legend.

They're gonna carry that weight.

Sc6 is one of the more interesting fighters this gen. Go for it.

PC version is $20 on gamesplanet right now.

Same. Fuck David Hayter and his smoker's voice. Who the fuck does he think he is?

>Ruby instead of Yang when the winner is a massive Yangfag
Rude.

You mean Knee playing Mishimas?

Catherine full stream cuz someone asked earlier. bases they're use the xbox version

youtu.be/8tgARGXeWH4

Not a fighting game but Warcraft 3 had Soul Chess. It was 4 player chess where your pieces could level up and there were 8 different unique armies or some shit. The pieces we're modified and army composition wasnt the same as stock chess as you have 10 units. Each king/queen piece had a special board-wide power that did something neat and had a cinematic you got to see should you of dug in and held enough spots on the board that generate soulpoints. Combat would enter an arena where armor type, damage type and who has attackers advantage were the determining factors for the victor outside a unit already being harmed or a lvl 1 vs lvl 3 as each level unlocks new abilities per piece/unit. The only way to level a unit is to spend 10 soulpoints (1/5th your superpower) or be the victor in combat which regenerates 10% total health, leaving the unit vulnerable.

He's 100% correct.
People complained about Ike being broken when Leo was crushing with him.
People complained about Lucina being broken when Leo was crushing with her.
Joker is undeniably top tier, possibly the best in the game, but he's not broken.

I was very happy to see him return and win EVO.
Hopefully next year he will return to his street fighter glory.

Attached: Infil.png (600x400, 344K)

But this wasn't a joke.
clips.twitch.tv/SeductiveBelovedCodKappa

>based voldo won an evo
delightful

Attached: 1538615306439.png (400x400, 300K)

I really wanted him vs Chris G in grand finals for absolute ResetEra seethe. Wife-beater vs Racist, now that would be kino. Shame Chris G isn't good enough.

Voldo vs Aswel Grand Finals was a lot of fun. The Winners Final is the only Top 8 set that can come close to DBFZ's WFs though.

He didnt beat his wife.
But he should've

>thread from yesterday
haven't seen this in a while

imagine actually enjoying watching Dragon Blockstring FighterZ, where do you have to go wrong in life to WANT to see that shit

At this point, SonicFox and GO1's rivalry is bigger than the game itself.

I think it would certainly help EVO try and retain their self-given title of like "the most prestigious fighting game tournament in the world". High profile players fly out for tournaments all the time, they pretty much have to for their sponsors, and the payouts are never substantial for any of them. So what really brings people to EVO is the bottom line that "everyone goes". On the casual end it's a place to meet up and have a good time with people in and out of the community of your particular games, and on the business end it's a platform for all of the developers to showcase the latest stuff and get people excited about it, on top of the advertisements for shit like headsets, sticks, dumb gaming chairs, the mobile fighting game, etc. Sunday has been broadcast on ESPN(2) before, but you get people who beat out dozens of players to get into top 8, who take days off work and spend hundreds, maybe drop a grand to get there, and they don't even make $100 back from the event itself? At what is likely the biggest tournament of the year for their game?
It doesn't need The International levels of cash prizes. That shit is pretty much fundraised by the community, and there's way more people playing and watching that than there are for any fighting game. And EVO is really a logistical nightmare in every sense, from the amount of hardware required to the sheer number of players for every game that have to be organized. But I feel a lot of that comes from Wizard wanting it to be "bigger and better" and not necessarily for the people who attend. More cash spread around wouldn't change how I feel about that, though.

Attached: lambda.png (189x200, 95K)

>Byakuya topped Seth
Based and webpilled

Attached: 1554162502440.png (384x360, 130K)

It would allow more players to go full time, meaning that the overall level of plays would increase
Look at what sports looked like before money came into the mix, everyone played like current year high schoolers

>That fucking Kazumi face

Tekken was the SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=o7to_msWJvQ

slumdog millionaire 2

this

The Dab is the greatest invention of the twenty-first century don't @ me

Is there actually anyone that genuinely likes Myran, not just tolerate him ?
Everything he says, every face he makes, everything about him scream annoying autist

>Voldo literally won the biggest SoulCalibur tournament ever by air humping someone to death

Based as fuck

>The hypest moment in said tournament happened when Voldo was fighting Mitsurugi without pants

should I go to locals if I'm bad at UNIST or am I just wasting everyones time by doing that

Attached: 1512005092746.jpg (1024x577, 51K)

Go to locals whenever possible even if you're bad.

>lizarddick.webm