Duck Tales is about to go the way of the Scott Pilgrim game, license is expiring and game will be lost forever

Duck Tales is about to go the way of the Scott Pilgrim game, license is expiring and game will be lost forever

I love the digital future

Attached: Screenshot_20190806-142427_Twitter.jpg (1080x903, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kfhMgWIzu4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is a marketing ploy. Castle of Illusion was supposed to "disappear forever" too and it only lasted a few months before it reappeared.

>Lost forever.
This. It's not like you can't download a million copies of it: they'll be lost! It will actively erase all your hard drives.and storage devices through electromagnetic infetterence.

>infetterence
Kek

Mass producing such a small game would be a huge waste of money and resources.

?
You could have just bought a disc you fucking mongolian

I have full romsets from plenty of console generations, so the games are not lost even if the last copy of one stops working. Thing is, most "normies" don't give a shit about piracy or emulation. If it vanishes from a store(front), it's lost.

plus there's physical copies available

I don't even think that's a word

Get a load of the new channer

>lost forever
Not only are there physical copies of it, it had a PC release.

I don't even think thats a word

Moron

almost but didnt quite fit in

>or redownload it

Are you fucking kidding me? You can't redownload a game YOU BOUGHT WITH YOUR MONEY if the license expired? Now that's what is bullshit.

Wasn't the ps3 version just a download code in a box?

can i download scott pilgrim if i already own it on the ps store? or is it literally gone forever?

what a moran

Steam will let you download games that have been delisted
Not sure about the other stores. I think you can't download PT demo anymore

I think it's "maroon"

>I love the digital future
Why do people pretend it being digital-only is of any importance here? If it was physical-only you'd have to buy it second hand from some cunt on ebay who jacked up the price 10x after it went out of print, or even more if it had a low print run.
Just fucking pirate it, if you can no longer buy it there is no reason not to.

It was a disc on all 3 systems.

based retard

Stfu physical tard. If you bought the game digital you can still play it, cancerous manchild.

I have the Disney Afternoon Collection. Is the remastered version better? Don't care about graphics

>Buy game
>Don’t say the word nigger
>Money still stolen

If my console dies i can’t redownload it
Remember lads, if you aren’t a physicalfag, just pirate everything, what’s the point of buying air.

It's tied to your account, not system.

>console gamer
Lmao

Attached: BiodegradableGiganticBass-poster.jpg (460x606, 36K)

PT was removed entirely but you can still download Scott Pilgrim and After Burner Climax off of PSN if you own them.

There’s a physical version too you know

And soon we'll all be dead. Life is ephemeral and this autistic idea of permanence of something as inconsequential as video games is frankly stupid.

Cope
Have sex
Retard, it can be tied to whatever the FUCK you want, if the game is taken down you won’t be able to download again, it won’t be on the digital store anymore.

Wait, you can't redownload it after they remove it from the store?

This
I'm not taking for this scam again
The remake is ass,btw

the PT demo is one of the few things that can get away with a full delisting and impossible to redownload off the playstation servers.
the demo didn't have a price tag it was free so konami has nothing to refund or any sort of sales laws to uphold as there was no currency exchange.
>inb4 hurr durr you had to buy a console

Why I sell games and consoles
Life is too short to go back, and if I really want to there's always emulation
The vast majority of games are not worthy of a round 2

You could quantum entangle the coding for the game into a fucking sun at this point.
Nothing is ever really gone.

No, you can, they just don't say that because then it seems like it's not really gone.

I wonder who could be behind this post, it sure smells very shilly here.
That’s how it works, just like Doom XBLA on the 360, buy the ”new” version again.

>if the game is taken down you won’t be able to download again, it won’t be on the digital store anymore.
Hey retard, digital storefronts all have a "download again" section in your account menu.

Still, the license must include a clause that allows them to remove it at any time, otherwise they couldn't have. And that same clause is likely in every game. Not that they would do it, just that they could

You need to be over 18 to post here, you know that?

I saw Scrooge McDuck at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and quack at him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his beak shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him quack as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Well, I wasn't going to download it, but it seems like I have to now. Gonna download the Wii U version, it may be worth some money in the future

So might as well pirate it from the start, which is what i was saying.

it's literally a game on the NES who's rom has been available for years...

Google Stadia, let's get it.

>people still give me shit for buying physical
lmao

lmao

LMAO

Attached: 1526871140683.jpg (1201x720, 94K)

On steam i don't have this problem brainlet.

Rent free

>obsessing over video toy ownership makes me a big boy!

Based

Attached: based.png (669x337, 26K)

The original is better anyway.

I hope they put this in as a secret unlockable
youtu.be/kfhMgWIzu4E

And yet, you're still here.

Im still pissed that this got a physical release and JJBA HD didnt.

Please stop posting and do basic research.

Overall yes, but be prepared for a lot of story/voice acting breaks from the gameplay, it gets annoying.
Fun side note though, four of the voice actors from this game (who also reprised their roles from the show) have since died.

Oh the irony.

i don't think pirates have this issue

Fuck digital only games.
Scott pilgrim and Sonic runners was lost forever.

Thank god pic related happened with runners.

Attached: DF063614-C7DA-49A7-8473-2A47A362CCBB.png (1334x750, 1.57M)

>if the game is taken down you won’t be able to download again
That's just straight up wrong. It stays on your account forever. You can always download it.

Have you even seen OPs image? How fucking braindead could you possibly be? Is this bait?

I got it on PlayStation+

What do?

Capcom is LITERALLY telling you to re-download it BECAUSE YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO DO IT ANYMORE after August 8th.

Unlike Scott Pilgrim, this isn't locked to a generation of console that wasn't emulatable until only recently.

Pic related is me downloading a game that has been removed from steam, retard.

Attached: 2145235423525.jpg (261x124, 13K)

>remastered
That game was a fucking downgrade

That's wrong. They're just letting you know that you can re-download it. They aren't saying that you can't do it after August 8.

>or re-download it if you've previously purchased it
Wait, are they saying that even if you have purchased it that once it leaves digital storefronts you won't even be able to install it anymore even if you already own it?
Isn't that illegal?

go home reddit

That shit never went below 5 bucks, fuck you, I'm not paying more than 1 buck for that old shit

No, they aren't saying that.

>tfw it's supposedly a scam from to steal IP addresses from a known shady character of the sonic scene
Hope it gets patched out so I can try this shit soon

Attached: 1460583135603.jpg (240x255, 16K)

Is the game any good. Should I buy it?

I’m talking about consoles not Steam.

3-2-1, my man.

Guess I'll pirate. Moving on.

and here comes the faggot to whiteknight """online"""" media

Attached: tran.png (1011x713, 233K)

>Disc rot
So tired of this meme, my Spyro PS1 copy still works flawlessly to this day.

Whatever, the NES game is better anyway

Didn't this shit get a DRM free release?

It’s just a coping mechanism for faggots who went all digital and regret it due to how soulless it is.

She's not wrong though. The only way we've preserved only games ie NES era is through digital preservation. It's impossible to preserve them otherwise

Being able to copy things is the only way to make them last indefinitely

>my PS1 disc still works a mere 20 years later
>it will therefore last forever
Grade-A logic, can't refute

ducktale is going back to the disney vault

Good, people should play the original anyway. Fuck remasters with a rake.

>I love the digital future
I remember when they sold us the idea of digital partially because of no worry about availability. Funny how that's turned out.

guess you can say that the disappearance was an illusion

Why are you all wasting your time on this?
>If you buy digital copies, you need to be proactive and ensure your data is backed up and accessible for the future.

>If you buy physical copies, you need to be proactive and ensure your discs are secure and accessible for the future.

Attached: 1478112947287.png (419x419, 238K)

there were at least disc-based copies of the game, and people who own the game can still download it, unlike Scott Pilgrim

Well, that's kind of ignoring the fact that most storage media has standardized and aside from some rare cases OG xbox discs. Nearly all game media is in a readily usable format.

Most storefronts let you redownload unless there is an obvious problem with the game like cubic ninja

I lol'd

we need new laws for licensed shit. so sick of this bullshit.

>me having a penis does not mean that I can't be a woman, you ableist prick
What did this guy mean by this?
>She
I once spilled olive oil on a Legend of Mana disc when I was a kid. The game worked fine after cleaning it.

So buy the disc version on ps3.

>game gets taken off digital stores
>just pirate it
woooooooooow

Orange you glad i didn't say banana!

Attached: ayyy.png (500x416, 77K)

Pretty sure that Mickey Mouse will show up at your house to smash all your discs in front of you if you do that.

LIFE IS LIKE A NIGGER

It’s not a scam dude that’s just one fag on twitter crying about runners being shit and calling the dev crap like a pain in the ass and literal manchild

The game is fine.

Game is like five bux.

dirt 3 was completely removed from steam but I can still download and play it brainlet.

They can actually take your games away? are the games tied to your account?

The original game had it set up where in most stages you can do as little or as much exploring as you want before you reach the boss. The remake forces you to traverse the entire map as either you have to collect a bunch of crap before the boss area is accessible or they changed the map layout to be a linear trek.
Also Alan Young (RIP) and June Foray sound so so old and tired and it actually made me uncomfortable a bit listening to them in some lines. It's still a fun game but I still hold the NES game over it. Nice music arrangements (by virt) at least.

I'll sue you for libel, Glomgold.

Digital distribution is by far the biggest cancer on gaming, on top of being cancer itself it comes with so many other cancers.
Just having the option to pay for a game digitally has ruined gaming, it allows for what is plaguing the industry today such as rampant DLC and mtx, games being intentionally released unfinished or unplayable without a patch because they can easily patch it through whatever platform which further encourages them to be released that way, being charged for a download, having to go through some console wannabe platform to legally play games on PC, easy access which means more casuals play games which means games are made for them which means lower quality games, etc. Games being sold physical only has already proven itself to be the best environment for great games to be made. Digital distribution should not be paid for, don't care about physical copies? Fine, then you should be exclusively pirating. Even if you exclusively pirate you should want all games to be sold physical only because that has already proven itself to be the best environment for great games to be made and you'll still be able to pirate anyways.
People have been tricked into thinking that because sometimes digital games are lower cost means they are a better deal, even $1 is too much for a download. The standard prices we have for games was based on the fact that games used to be sold physical only and all the logistics, effort, and extra money that comes with that, playable without a patch (at least on console), and DLC and mtx weren’t rampant and didn't even exist for most games. On PC it used to be $50 max for an actual physical copy that was better than today's collector's editions, now they want you to pay for a download.
I've been pirating ever since PC went digital only because (((Gabe))) had his way
No physical, no buy. A download code is not a physical copy. Console players should resist digital distribution while they still can

Attached: the only acceptable answer2.png (991x356, 19K)

No we don't, we need to legalize piracy and get rid of most IP and copyright law.
The concept of paying for digital distribution shouldn't exist, it is fucking retarded, the only options should be buy a physical copy or pirate.

>using Steam and paying for a download
>calling anyone else a retard