METAL GEAR SOLID THREAD

Let's have a Metal Gear thread.

I just finished playing all the games from the series and i fell in love with it. Which ones are your favorites? Favorite scenes? Favorite Bossfights?

MGS2 was just mindblowing to me. It made me feel genuinely scared by the twist at the end. I didn't think other MGS games could come close to it. Then i played MGS3. What an amazing experience that was. Ending had me in tears.

Can't decide which one is my favorite.

MGS3 = MGS2 > MGS:TTS > MGS4 > MGSV >MGS:PW

Also, did MGSV have it's original ending cut? I saw the cut mission 51 which would have made for a much more satisfying ending.

Thinking about playing Metal Gear Rising, is it worth a playthrough?

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-3-e1468816305597.jpg (1280x742, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Thinking about playing Metal Gear Rising, is it worth a playthrough?
yes, mgrr feels unironically more like an MGS than MGSV. combat might put you off in the first few fights but it's worth sticking with

Attached: 1565053049446.jpg (506x877, 140K)

Will get it, it's pretty cheap now anyway. How is the story? I read that it's canon.

>MGS:TTS instead of MGS1
>MGS4 > MGSV

Attached: 1557295341582.jpg (500x628, 39K)

MGSV was missing a lot by design and planning, not by accident. There's a huge secret story no ones uncovered since they take everything literally. The game is structured from a third person point of view as a detective game, and no ones solved the riddles of this story.

Good thing Konami plans to redo this game at gamescom.

PUT MGS1 ON THE PSN FOR PS4 YOU FUCKS

Attached: 86965.png (300x309, 19K)

Couldn't stand the MGS1 graphics so i played The Twin Snakes instead, sorry boomer.

Sounds pretty interesting, source?

Didnt like the graphics of 1 so you decided to play a worse looking game and a much worse game overall? Bravo zoomer, you really showed me.

Yeah, it's canon but nothing massively relies on any pre-existing metal gear content. MGRR takes place in 2018, 4 years after MGS4, and is basically Raiden going insane about memes while taking down stupid bullshit. If you're a junkie for the story it's worth using MGRR's codec feature as much as possible. Worth noting that Kojimbo wanted MGR completely separate (hence 'rising') but there's some hints to the older games.

Attached: 1565061808810.png (707x395, 603K)

Good taste, OP

Why won't they port over ps1 games while the ps3 has them? Fucking why?

Could someone explain to me why everyone hates The Twin Snakes and loves MGS1? I always hear the cutscenes are really over the top, but come on, it's MGS. A shitload of cutscenes in this series are completly over the top, which is what i love about these games. In my opinion they have a good mix of serious en wacky moments.

Sounds pretty cool, will definitely check this one out.

Good taste OP. Go for Rising. It's also good. Also if you aren't lumping TPP and Ground Zeroes together then definitely play Ground Zeroes.
Also I'd suggest going back and replaying 1 in the original format.
There are also the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 if you want to see very early stages of the series.

>cut mission 51 which would have made for a much more satisfying ending
What are you even smoking? The ending of mission 51 was just Snake sitting in the chopper and looking at Demon Snake in his reflection because he told Eli to kill himself. Meanwhile Shota Mantis instantly cures Eli's vocal chord parasites and carries him off the island. Both the truth reveal and Quiet's endings make for a better "ending" for the game

For my favorites:
>MGS:PW = MGS > MGS 2 > MGS 3 > MGS4

MGS3 is great and all, but I had a great time with friends in PW and MGS1 was the beginning of everything. It was the game that made me stop playing MMO games and focus on games with good gameplay, good characters and stories spamming entire franchises

I got the definitive edition of MGSV, so i played Ground Zeroes before TPP. I played the whole series in release order. GZ got me really hyped up for TPP, the story was really interesting and i really liked the final soundtrack of that game.
youtube.com/watch?v=I0xUl_VRCmM

Didn't really like TPP's story though, gameplay wise it's the best MGS in my opinion. The twist at the end was cool but the rest just felt boring.

It just felt like an unresolved plotpoint. The kids just steal the new Metal Gear weapon and fuck off never to be seen again? I kept waiting for them to return to the story but they never did.

Yeah that it was, all the endings of V were trying to tie off one particular plot point but from what I saw of mission 51 they probably cut it because it was just another Sahelanthropus boss fight and Eli flying off the island with Shota Mantis.

The secret plot or gamescom?
Gamescom is a rumor from recent that shows Konami wants to redeem themselves and continue Venom's story

The secret plot is according to Japanese fans, no one takes Hitori Nojima's interpretation seriously as he's made tons of pretentious unofficial novels about MGS that aren't endorsed by Konami or Kojima in the past.

Secret plot goes along the lines of there being 2 phantoms, tapes having half truths, Skullface being just an illusion by mantis, parasites being a codeword for mind control, the vials actually being foxdie, cleanser project is actually sons of the Patriots system (which by the way, skull unit troops have written SOP on their body), big boss being set up as a bad guy by everyone around him, Ocelot isn't the real Ocelot, the year is actually before 1984 (1979-1981) according to the issued tags of the medical staff and the overheard conversation of Russians talking about the 1984 book, etc etc

>taking Caramel's shitpost about an MGSV remake seriously

Attached: 1564539113722.png (417x250, 222K)

I'M STIIILLLLLL IN A DRREEEEEAAM

Attached: 1524342357798.jpg (480x480, 33K)

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEE EEAAAATEEERRRRR

Bought a Ps3 just for MGS, worth it.

I also did that, almost every game in the series is available on the PS3. I bought the legacy collection and could play almost every game with just that collection.

>MGS:TTS

I already asked, but why the hate for The Twin Snakes?

MGSV is worse than 4.

It having much worse music is the big one.

Just got Twin Snakes for the GC today i'm hyped as its the only i've never played

>Let's have a Metal Gear thread
>MGS:TTS

Yeah, let's not.

Get out of my fucking sight you zoomer filth.

Attached: disgust.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

t. tone deaf retard

t.salty boomer