About to play my first world game any tips?

Attached: world3.jpg (220x220, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qd1xlPTrc28
youtu.be/paIm2PKuknA
youtu.be/FfnURwQMhdk
youtu.be/5kQ-JMgjBII
youtu.be/lYot_qQC3Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=8KDzQmA4WeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iepQLSIp5NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tBS70leI4YY
youtube.com/watch?v=-UmUqqkebYk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's basically your standard JRPG fare, there's a lot of backtracking. I mean well over 30% of the game is walking through areas you've already been to reach new ones because of "woops you can't go here yet" shit.

The digimon world games are all pretty different from one another, truthfully. If you want a monster raising sim (think the digivices but scaled to 3D and with more depth) you want the first. If you want a dungeon crawler that stomps on your nuts with reckless abandon, go for world 2. world 3 is a solidly crafted JRPG with a fun battle system and absolutely terrible story and world design, plus backtracking out the ass.

As long as you're aware of that going in though, it's definitely enjoyable.

Play DMW1 instead.

>If you want a dungeon crawler that stomps on your nuts with reckless abandon, go for world 2
too real

I didn't realize till like the 8th time I tried to play through it that there's a way to start battles already digivolved

Great artstyle,but play it with a speedup option while emulating since battles can be rather slow.

i've only ever gotten like 2 hours into this game but I love the aesthetic and setting a lot. DMW3 and Digimon Next have the most kino background of the franchise

Attached: 14.jpg (728x1052, 114K)

it seemed like world 3 had the most options for megas that i wanted to try to make like gallantmon and imperialdramon does world 1 have those options as well?

i am using pcsxr is there a way to toggle turbo on and off like with pcsx2?

>LOAAADS of backtracking
>fun card games
>LOAAADS of grindan
>dodge/speed or whatever is a broken as fuck stat
>euro version (I think) has extra post game content
I don't remember what was the superior starter team tho.

I'm unable to play JRPGs without a speed up function, hell even most console/PC remasters know this because they also have speed up features too

Why would you play 3 instead of CS Hackers Story? It feels like the same thing but better. If you value mom designs and the world more you'd be playing 1 with a guide.

I have had this game ever since my 10th Birthday and still have never actually finished it. Fuck this game gives me some feels just thinking about it when I think about how much games were in Ausland and how much my mother had to save just to get me a single new game for my birthday. Fuck it I'm finishing this game the first chance I get, it's going to be played next after Three Houses.

i can only emulate i was gonna try re digitize over DMW1 the selection of mons they had wasn't what i was looking for and from what i've read on Yea Forums the game pretty much is only playable with a guide

They didn't exist at the time that DW1 released, though the PSP version has them, I think.

>DW1
>PSP version
huh?

favorite OST?
youtube.com/watch?v=qd1xlPTrc28

Great card game, the only ones I love more are Yugioh and Triple Triad on FF8

fella DW2 is where the kino is...
youtu.be/paIm2PKuknA

Attached: tumblr_ptgths7r2u1swk5jvo1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 386K)

World 2 still is my favorite but all three Digimon World games on the PS1 have fantastic soundtracks.
youtu.be/FfnURwQMhdk
youtu.be/5kQ-JMgjBII
youtu.be/lYot_qQC3Bc

DW1 was so complicated for my ass as a kid.

It was a game designed to be sold with a strategy guide. The jap version came with a booklet describing how to get all the way up to rookie digimon exactly, and had hints for a bunch of champion mon.

The korean version of the game (on PC) came with a full strategy guide in the box that had required stats necessary needed to reach evo stages all the way up to ultimate.

is Digimon World 1 truly the Dark Souls of Digimon?

Attached: DMW1.png (500x338, 191K)

I think that's DW 2, shit was balls to wall difficult

I don't know why exactly, but the world of DMW3 always looked so amazing for me. I don't know what it is about it, but felt digital, unique and soulful. The other 2 games didn't give me that effect.

Digimon Battle Arena
youtube.com/watch?v=8KDzQmA4WeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iepQLSIp5NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tBS70leI4YY
youtube.com/watch?v=-UmUqqkebYk

no that's World 4

pre rendered BGs

Grind a lot.