Ooblets OUTRAGE

Why is there a ridiculous amount of rustled jimmies over this game. Did their cheeky article really piss off so many people?
As for EGS, I only see it as competition on the market. what does it matter what launcher people use? There is really no reason to be upset.

Attached: FB934EF6-9132-4388-99F8-500C04F8A108.jpg (785x448, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/galyonkin
youtube.com/watch?v=_yThfdrdFL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bye shill

>100 yuan have been credited to your Epic Game Store® account

rustle rustle

And another bait thread.

Tiananmen square

Winnie the Pooh

Rape of Nankin is allied propaganda and never happened

Epic isn't in a competition with anyone.
GoG, Steam, Itchio, and everything else are racing against each other.
Epic is the guy who pops out of the crowd in a racing get up and steals the trophy before anyone finishes the race.

I was never going to buy it but now I'm still never going to buy it

Attached: 1474568877193.jpg (800x450, 39K)

Gay looking indie game that goes to EGS for money, no big deal honestly if they'd just said "we need this for financial security despite getting 3k a month from faggots on Patreon" that'd be fine but the dev is a major faggot cuck blue checkmark dipshit 100% onions-filled and loving the black bulls so he couldn't resist shitting on us, the GAMERS, now he has to pay.

So it won't be released for Xbone?

Why not?
They gave a good explanation for the exclusivity deal.

I was never interested in the game, never will be, and things outside of the game won't change that

ok, the game still looks like trash

Sure, but why are people getting as triggered as they are. Isn’t this to be expected from a game that looks like this?
If epic gives them more money than their patrons, it’s absolutely fair game. Any one of you would sell out just the same if you were in the same position, no matter how passionate you are about the game you’re making

There isn’t. Nobody gives a shit. It’s the devs and game media throwing punches at youtubers and them throwing some back. No one actualy cares abou this crap game. They should just stop promoting it for free because everyone’s already sick of it.

I wouldn't patronize or condescend. I'd be completely honest about the money without wagging my finger or shifting the blame, or better yet, just keep my mouth shout.

And people care, because you keep putting this turd under their noses to ask if it stinks.

PERPLAAAAMPS

HAHA

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

HEHEHEHEEHEHEEEEEEE

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS OERPLAAAAAAAAMPS

HHEHEHAHAHAAAAAAA

PER

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

PERPLAAAAMPS

HAHA

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

HEHEHEHEEHEHEEEEEEE

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS OERPLAAAAAAAAMPS

HHEHEHAHAHAAAAAAA

PER

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

Yes, if I was in the position of making a shit game I knew wouldn't sell, and a very rich man offered me a lot of money for it to sell even less, of course I would take the money. But I would hope I was making a work I was confident enough in that I wouldn't take the quick payday over long-term security.

>As for EGS, I only see it as competition on the market. what does it matter what launcher people use? There is really no reason to be upset.
Fuck off, ya creepy wanker

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 15K)

They shat on everyone once they got the money, acted like they never shat on anyone, Tim tweeted that he thinks its awesome how they shat on everyone and now they're saying that all the pictures of them shitting on everyone is fake. It isn't the fact that they took the Epic money bribe, it is their attitude towards the customers they no longer think they need and that Epic sees nothing wrong with it either.

Every single person on Yea Forums did not know this game existed last week, they are farming fake outrage for advertising.

>If epic gives them more money than their patrons, it’s absolutely fair game
That's for their patrons to decide, I wouldn't be happy with that if I had gave them my money.

Cheap marketing

>haha fuckers, we got that Epic cash now, suck on that, you Toxic Gamers!
One Weekend Later
>I am so shocked about how mean the Gaming community has been to us. I have LITERALLY been crying for the past 2 days!!!
Fuck off shill, anyone with half a brain cell could see that their EGS announcement was just inviting the internet to fuck with them. Talk shit, get hit

Because the way the devs treated their supporters was unacceptable.
>but you didn't care about the game before this!
If you let one get away with this it's only a matter of time before they're all doing it

Dude it has been around for a long time and was even shown at E3, you think some absolutely unheard of game would get money thrown at it by Epic?

r/fuckepic mentally illness is the reason why every Ooblets thread gets 500 reps

what I want to know is why so many people were excited for this garbage in the first place

>why, my perlamps werlamps of course!

People are kind of starved for a Pokemon clone given how Pokemon has been going downhill rather steadily.

>was even shown at E3
you mean at the Epic-funded PC gaming show? Hmmmm I wonder why some literally who indie game that got paid by Epic for exclusivity would show up at an E3 event sponsored by Epic, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I watched the (epic shill) PC gaming show in June and I still didn’t know of the game until last week. It was that unmemorable.

>Faglettes dev: "Ummm, hehehehehe aren't you ummm le excited for my hot new indie game? My wife and her bf are working on it too it's the hottest new indie game nobody has ever fucking heard of I bet you want it"
>Gamers: not really never heard of it
>Faglettes dev: "UMmm bullshit you want it but it's only on the Epic Games Store so if you're upset about that, too bad haha"
>Gamers: not really but now I'll never buy it because it's on a bad store made by chinks, maybe I'll pirate ite
>Faglettes dev: "UMMMMMMMM EXCUSE ME BABY PISSBABY GAMER??? ENTITLED??? FUCK OFF!"
>Gamers:Ok that's fucking it you stupid little cuck *whips out anti-cuck shotgun* it's time for you to fucking die
>Faglettes dev: "No please stop I want to live please my wife has multiple children please don't do this...
>Gamers: Too late *grabs cuck faggot dev by one of his gay earrings, drags him screaming and shitting out into the street and beat him to near-death with the shotgun before blowing his brains out
>Faglettses dev: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
>Gamers: Oh after pirating this game it turns out it actually sucks ass, into the recycle bin it goes

you underestimate the amount of autism that steam NEETs have
they can and will shitpost about this game until it comes out because they have nothing better to do with their lives

>lying
The PC gaming show was the best part of E3. It announced Shenmue on Epic. The tears were delicious

Why are most people in the mindset that EGS is hurting the industry? Or is it just exclusive games in general? Or is it a matter of large company control/intervention in smaller games?
I’m not the most informed, but I really don’t get it.

Attached: DFFE33A2-4D4A-4ED4-8EE0-E9B646A2217C.jpg (640x571, 50K)

I don't know a single thing about this game or this outrage, but that artstyle looks like complete ass and tells me everything I need to know about its developers.

I’m not saying the PC Gaming show was unmemorable, I’m saying the game was unmemorable. I love the hosts, it’s a shame Epic is creeping into it.

Its part of the checkbox he has to work in his posts.

Pretty much. If you don't like it don't fucking buy it you fucking pussies
>but he was mean to me !!!
deal with it you fucking pussy

because the devs wrote their blog post in a way that made them sound like cunts

exclusive games in general is the main complaint, but Epic is extra shitty on top of that.

console-like exclusivity but on PC
and buying out games that were previously going to be sold on multiple stores and making it exclusive

They operate by trying to sabotage the competition rather than offering a better platform.

>If you don't like it don't fucking buy it
ok

Fuck the devs for taking people's money and then selling out to Epic, scummy shit as with Shenmue, but with even worse responses from the developers. Never heard of this before, now I might pirate.

Attached: 1400807729701.jpg (691x625, 236K)

>Hello, this is a bait thread. I just told you that in this OP right here. Are you still going to post in my thread?
>200 autistic anons who can't let one thing go one time: Yes, I absolutely am!

Great.

Attached: 0631bca6-ea6e-43e3-8d8d-1252c3529ec0.png (1920x1080, 541K)

what was the reason they gave?

Through snatching games you mean?

>1990s- 2010
This 3rd party game is exclusive due to only having enough budget/developers to put this game on one platform
>2010s onward
This 3rd party game is a timed exclusive due to the platform holder giving us money for that time.

Yes

They make more money

Attached: a226a024-6695-40e3-8c47-cf94ad140315.png (1920x1080, 635K)

Exclusivity deals are console cancer that do not belong in the PC industry, at least we have piracy to safeguard us from these practices.

Yes. It really did. Being mad at being insulted isnt odd behavior user.

Attached: 0.jpg (807x659, 37K)

Attached: krabs.jpg (249x202, 13K)

Because epic paid for the exclusivity?

No shit? It's just funny to watch the dev's typical s o y boy infantilism collide with "gamers rise up".

Rather than compete by trying to make their store as user friendly as possible (be it features, speed, usability, etc...), Epic goes out of their way to drag down other stores.

Attached: e644a681-08d8-4490-8da7-689a9626da62.png (1920x1080, 932K)

Mostly. They don’t offer a better developed platform or better features than the competition, they just throw money at devs to make them quit Steam/GOG.

Holy shit this dev is redpilled as fuck. Twittercucks got btfo
imagine thinking this guy owes you jack shit
>but muh patreon !!
you fucking moron

More DRM bullshit. I would actually consider buying the game if they announced a GoG release. Now I have to have like 4 different launchers to play 4 different games.

>I don't want to deal with entitled baby gamers! (or at least this is how he sees them)
>still had to deal with them being "entitled baby gamers" in the end
lol shouldn't have developed the game in the first place

Epic offers to pay for X guaranteed number of sales. Basically they’re not confident the game will sell enough so they take the deal.

>calls people "baby gamers"
>makes logical fallacies every other sentence

Attached: jeff vr.png (2399x3153, 228K)

We have to stop being so pissed bros or we’ll be the baby gamers

Being glad that someone can't buy your product doesn't seem like a very sound business move.

No, you wouldn’t. People who care about the game will buy it anyway.

By the same token we can literally tell this guy to fuck off then grab a copy...oh no I mean STEAL a copy....of his game and there's nothing he can fucking do about it. But it's still not even a problem because Epic paid for all our copies so we get free games and the devs get paid and the only ones who sort of lose are Epic but they make 50 billion a month from Fortnite and they see every payout to devs as a necessary cost for building their store.

So everybody is angry but honestly not a single person has any actual reason to be.

Kys bugman

>long-term security
You mean like getting a higher cut out of your sales in comparison to Valve?

Even if the potential customer is a toxic gamer? Seems like a win to me

The game was always going to sell, the problem was they broke up with their publisher and needed some cash now to actually finish.

That didn’t make Metro Exodus profit much on PC, did it?

Or they'll just pirate it.

OH NO NO NO! SELL! SELL! NOOO MY BITCOINS AAAAAARGH

Attached: Untitled.png (1127x530, 38K)

viral marketing at its finest, mi amigo

Doesn't matter anymore. They're guaranteed success by Epic. They don't need a single person to buy the game so they genuinely don't have to give a fuck if anyone buys it.

Not a single German woman was raped during WWII that so also propaganda

Where have I heard that before, oh yeah.

Attached: pitchford.jpg (595x312, 57K)

Ok I'm pretty damn sure these OPs are just advertising at this point. It was probably always advertising. No one cares about ooblets.

Everyone on EGS is an underhanded scumfuck.

>Fuck you we want money
>H-hey you will still buy our game, r-right?

People who pirate would never buy anyway!

What do you mean? The game sold double what their previous game sold at launch on Steam.

They just moved to Seattle and they don't have daytime jobs, I doubt Epic's bribe gave them enough to live off and if their game doesn't bring in enough for Epic they're unlikely to bankroll their next game.

it's such a fucking faggot excuse to divert all criticism as being whiny or entitled. It's like the flinch game, where they do something to you and you react in any negative way and then they blame you for reacting. They called their fanbase entitled babies instead of just either a) shutting up or b) apologizing.
They brought this upon themselves, they weren't obliged to write a snarky blog post insulting their consumerbase but they did it anyway.

Looks like some tumblr shit. Not sure I'll even bother pirating.

Steam’s downfall is going to be the retards that think they are protecting it

You're right, but getting a big check fucks with people's judgment in the short term. It's not a calculated thing from them.

In their defence, Reddit eats up that snarky shit up all the time. They fucked up just by saying "Epic"

Not if they have to deal with shitty DRM and they know the devs already got paid. Valve figured out a long time ago the way you fight piracy is through convenience.

>another shill ignores all previous arguments brought up on Yea Forums and elsewhere

>at launch

That's a very narrow window, you know Dragon Age 2 sold double what Dragon Age Origins did at launch, but ended up selling around half total over the same period of time? What's the current sales figures for Exodus I wonder, gosh you'd think if it was such a success they'd just be dying to tell us.

Stop posting your shitty game, Oob dev.

>muh cut

Even the devs themselves admitted they took the deal because they got money upfront aka the "minimum sales guarantee". There is literally no mention of revenue cut in the blog post. Who are you trying to fool, kid.

Attached: 1560713485347.jpg (650x500, 54K)

People are upset because they've been insufferable douchebags about the whole thing. If they just released the game and when asked why not release on steam they could have just said "We're getting a better deal with EGS" and that would be the end of it.

yeah, on consoles. On PC it "sold" 500k just like every other Epic release.

They fucked up by being massive tools about it. There was so much they could've done to mitigate the damages, like guaranteed steam keys for early adopters or something like that. They just spat in the face of those that used sign their paycheck.

i will gladly pirate a couple of copies

>yeah, on consoles. On PC it "sold" 500k just like every other Epic release.
>"Metro Exodus has sold two and a half times more copies on the Epic Games Store than Metro Last Light sold in the same amount of time on Steam."
wah?

They aren't, this "unprofessional dev" is just an excuse to re-open the Epic floodgates. Steamfags triggered as usual

It's not exclusive when a storefront is literally free you fucking brainless drones.

last light sold like shit on release, 200k copies on steam is pretty accurate

Point being that you get upfront straight cash + finanical stability by getting a higher cut of your sales in comparison to other games stores. If Valve wants to bring these developers to their store, why don't they give them a better cut?

Then why isnt it available on other storefronts?

Instead he shit all over the twittercucks to the point of meltdown. I applaud this man

Yeah maybe the original release, but not the redux port which most people who've played it bought.

I pay with my security. There's constant threat of my Epic account being stolen. I'm not associating my CC info with something as sketchy as that.

Steam drones are mentally ill and living in their own dimension

Which means you don't have to work as hard to make a good game. It's all about appearances at that point.

fake outrage
nobody cares about your shit game faggot, stop shilling this shit

Do you think Epic would fund a project they think would fail? And if it does fail, do you think Epic would continue to fund that sunken ship?

Why is anyone even mad at this? think about it, Tim LITERALLY paid for you copy already! I, for one, will enjoy playing this while knowing that my free copy didn't hurt the devs. EGS store may be shit but they sure help indies at least break even (even if thats all they'll ever get).
Someone post the Tim picture, you know the one.

Fuck off Shill. This is now a Touhou thread. Post 2hus.

Attached: 30616568-CEC1-4CA1-9013-AA6552E26C9B.jpg (480x466, 35K)

Yes, and yes. They've little to no basis for assuming it won't fail., and they're paying the developers ahead of time so they won't say they failed. It's about appearances.

That "same amount of time" was launch month, what's the current total sales? Have they outpaced Last Light yet? They're pretty quiet about that despite it supposedly being such a big success.

EGS isn't a competition, you numb skull. It's trying to create its own walled garden (and failing) on the PC. Same shit Microsoft was doing with their Windows Store except they weren't ready to burn bridges with their customers yet. I could care less what people think of EGS, as far as I'm concerned, mad lad Sweeney already paid for my copy so it's guilt-free piracy for me.

>upfront straight cash + finanical stability
That IS their "finanical" stability, you fucking moron.

"If Valve wants to bring these developers to their store, why don't they pay them cash upfront?" that's really what you're asking, because not a SINGLE PUBLISHER OR DEVELOPER has willingly choose to sell on EGS over Steam without being paid money upfront.

Attached: 1559083111691.jpg (576x559, 48K)

are you poor?
your parents suck i guess haha

sage, shills not welcome

Who cares I'm not fucking gayben, as a costumer I can download egs for free without any restrictions literally 0 entry cost = no exclusivity for costumer, like even a 3rd world monkey can download egs for free.

Why? If the game turns out to be garbage and doesn't sell well or bring users to Epic, why would Epic continue to fund those same developers?

>It's not exclusive when a storefront is literally free you fucking brainless drones.

Kill yourself.

Attached: 1.jpg (982x670, 186K)

Practically no one here cared about Ooblets until Epic bought exclusivity.

Attached: Ooblet Hype.png (1009x386, 146K)

>That IS their "finanical" stability, you fucking moron.
Also getting a higher cut from their sales making it a more sustainable platform for developers than other game stores (eg Valve)
>that's really what you're asking, because not a SINGLE PUBLISHER OR DEVELOPER has willingly choose to sell on EGS over Steam without being paid money upfront.
Yes, if Valve actually cared about having these developers on their platform, why not offer them a better deal than Epic?

>It's pretty quiet
Launch number are important for public companies the rest is useless

And that means we can't talk about them now because...?

No shopping cart no other metods of payment no community no forums no reviews no refunds.

Pretty much. This is nlt about the dev being unprofessional, it's about him doing something the steam cucks didn't like and being snarky about it. Sweet twittercuck tears

I have no idea what is going on with that game but that art style is rustling my jimmies alright.

Nobody cared about it even if it were bought by EPIC, just like nobody cared about Satisfactory shit.
Its the dev themselves that were on the spotlight, them being a fucking retard all week long.

>all this worthless shit
I play games I don't play stores

>Nobody cared about it even if it were bought by EPIC
Seems like a lot of people suddenly care about it now

A lot of people and since you "dont" care, your opinion is moot. That said, it's a store exclusive, how are you not seeing that? I replied 7/10
I think that's yet to be seen but I don't see why they wouldn't fund it again, just as a second chance deal. Maybe I'm putting too much good faith into them tho. That said we don't know what the deals really entail.

Go ahead. Talk about the game...
No, that's not what you want to do. You want to talk about the drama. Because either you're some gossiping vagina, or you're an Epic shill. Either way, you're not sincere about anything.

I'm one of the few people who made a thread before the drama began. Two threads in fact. And both of them died within 10 posts. Now all of a sudden Ooblet drama threads are reaching bump limit. FUCK you.

You can get your point across without being a douche.

500+ post topics because he was mean to Twitter
lol get a fucking spine you fucking pussy
You're obviously triggered devs are fucking chad Epic instead of manlet Steam

>No arguments
>A fucking GameStop picture
We are talking about digital storefronts fucking based subhuman, it depends on the publisher how much the fucking game costs at the end for consumer fucking brainlet.

>muh security
Back to r/fuckepic subhuman or just set up f2a and a normal password.

Anyway gn, enough time wasted to explain mentally ill steam drones how the world works

I like you.

>MY- MY THREADS!

Attached: eternal pain.png (300x260, 56K)

People are pissed because the devs were condescending twats who don't realize how asshole-ish their blogpost came off of, and are doubling down on their shitty comments. I had never even heard of Ooblets until this shitstorm started.

Also kill yourself, shill

Sorry no one liked your shitty game/threads, user.

I will buy 5 copies of Ooblets.

Yeah, and still no one gives a shit about the game. Everyone is talking about the s o yshit dev, there are hardly any comments about the actual game.

>falseflagging this hard
>complaining about being a douche on the internet
>he browses Yea Forums too
Just admit you're triggered that chad Epic cucked you yet again

>security

So you are boycotting gaming ? Steam had numerous problems with hacking waves fucking blind drone .

Are you retarded? Or just plain stupid?
Did any discussion ever prop out because of Epic deals? No, all of them centered around dev announcement post and thats it.

no it wasn't, or they wouldn't have gone to a smaller userbase on a worse platform that a lot people don't like.

Can anyone link me the post on which obble devs shat on their supporters?

>but I don't see why they wouldn't fund it again
Because they didn't make a return on their investment. That being said, it seems most Epic exclusives so far have been relatively successful.

Imagine sucking kike AND chink dicks.

Welcome to Yea Forums post 2009, is this your first day? We talk about drama and happenings until the mods think we're talking wrong talk and delete threads.

double the sales of a game that sold like crap is still crap

>I will buy 5 copies of Ooblets.
*account gets banned under suspicion of fraud*

Attached: AMP-12-Red_grande.jpg (554x600, 65K)

>take Patreon money from backers often in excess of the price of a brand new AAA release in exchange for an eventual Steam code
>just kidding faggots we signed with the barebones chink spyware launcher! No refunds! Stop being entitled!

Attached: 53C51A8F-4207-4BC8-A995-7053F42A9E5C.jpg (500x377, 39K)

I don't think they consider it an investment, it's part of a package deal to help keep developers with them. Have we seen any actual sales data from EGS?

A lot of people seem really salty about a game they were never going to play being exclusive to a store they were never going to use. Because of their snarky post their games name is living in a lot of people's mouths.

Like a moth to a flame people defend them.

Attached: 86AA8799-EC5F-4001-B9AC-BCF2210422A6.jpg (1276x827, 407K)

it is when all the other storefronts are fucking free too you fucking retarded cunt

“people”

It has been everywhere if you're remotely following the indie scene, they took the deal because things cost money.

Gee I wonder if they just care about the anti-consumer practices of exclusivity? No that can't be it at all

>game gets announced for multiple platforms
>you preorder it for your platform
>preorder is non-refundable
>publisher announces your platform will be delayed by 6 months - 1 year
that's what the aaa equivalent of this would be. ben wasser is a monumental clown and sellout.

no it hasn't

Olympic tier mental gymnastic here displayed by a goyim for their overlord kike.

>Ooblet make a shitty condescending post
>people called them out
>THEY ARE SALTY COZ THEY CAN'T PLAY THE GAME

Don't choke on the oven gas so you can die a slow and painful death with your master.
I'll try to shove both of you on the same oven.

>Have we seen any actual sales data from EGS?
Only word from developers. I doubt anybody would report on themselves losing money, but for whats its worth Deep Silver and the Satisfactory devs seem content with their sales.

>imagine thinking you're entitled to jack shit because of le patreon donations
I'm guessing you sucked his dick off every month. How unfortunate

>you're remotely following the indie scene
Except no

>"in a way that made them sound like cunts"
>he says as he posts Yea Forums
Funny.

>he preorders
you're a gigantic dumbass and people like ben wasser deserve to take advantage of you

I don't like Overwatch being exclusive to Battlenet either but I just suck it up and download the launcher.
>THEY ARE SALTY COZ THEY CAN'T PLAY THE GAME
No, they're fake mad because they don't like EGS but love to cry about games they were never going to play in the first place.

Let me guess:
>pronouns in profile
>"""art""" job related to games mentioned in profile
>retweets of celebrities demanding gun bans
I don't even need to look anymore. It's all so tiresome.

It's called falseflagging. They're pretending the issue is not Epic when it fucking is and always has been

Attached: 271527AD-B235-478B-946D-6DD49A7EE1D9.jpg (630x1199, 163K)

Because paying for 50k copies upfront for shitty games is fucking retarded. Not to mention, it basically means that there's 0 incentive to buy the game, because the devs were already told that the game would be a success either way.

Which one of you cheeky fucks was it?

Attached: 92346923469234685689.png (700x276, 59K)

Does it say clearly enough for you that "we need this for financial security"

Attached: OOBLETS.png (645x389, 30K)

The indie scene beyond Devolver's latest meme

ebin. simply ebin.

I still don't know if I can trust two companies being okay with their sales after a huge cash in up front, that's just me tho. If EGS takes 10% they're gunna need a lot sales, depending on the company and who is in it, to get the EGS to break even, if it even gets profitable for them.

I just don't buy it, it seems like everything involving EGS is all rage induced hype train. Feels more like it's about getting people to get the launcher, and maybe buy a new game, but probably get something free and cosmetic it up.

your point?

I already ran down this dialogue tree, see

based and redpilled
twittercucks annihilated

I have zero interest in this game, I'm just enjoying the epic games shitfit.
The way the devs is handling the backlash is hilarious as well

>nobody defending Ooblet dev when this shit first came out
>Epic put out a post defending them
>suddenly people start defending them

It really rustled my almonds, activating my jimmy.
Tho I think Tim is a tad bit too late on giving the thumbs up for the shills to start defending Ooblet.
Can't blame him tho, this isn't something that they can decide overnight.

Also might want to readjust the contract a bit when it comes to PR management for later exclusive deals. Shit like this should never happen again.

>Do you think Epic would fund a project they think would fail?
Yes, because they can claim that the game sold well in spite of the fact that it didn't actually sell beyond their initial expectations.
>And if it does fail, do you think Epic would continue to fund that sunken ship?
How many games does Epic support after they became exclusives though? I haven't heard them say much in regards to Exodus since the initial controversy happened and chances are they'll ignore these devs as well.

Ratmen have no concept of loyalty.

Buying your opposition out of the race is not competing on your own merits. You're not the best racer just because you are the only one allowed to have a car.

You should paypal me some moneys. I promise I'll give you a game, and I promise it'll be exactly how you want it

fucking dumbass

>never heard about this game until you autists started bitching about the click devs

Holy fuck I might buy this game just to spite you faggots. This is the most obvious marketing shit.

>Yes, because they can claim that the game sold well in spite of the fact that it didn't actually sell beyond their initial expectations.
That wasn't really the question; I'm asking why would Epic throw away money on a project that they aren't certain to a point is going to be successful?
>How many games does Epic support after they became exclusives though?
Not sure, time will tell. If a dev makes a successful game and makes Epic a lot of money, I can't see why they wouldn't want to keep them on their platform.

What a stupid analogy. Athletes make exclusivity deals, be it with teams or brands, including car brands

If the Ooblets devs really wanted people to play their game, they wouldn't 1. Make the game exclusive to one platform and 2. make the game and their PR appealing to the people who are going to consume their product (gamers) instead of calling them entitled babies.
The only good thing about the money up front is that they COULD use that money to make the game more awesome, but will they?
Also what does it mean that Epic will buy a certain number of copies? Does Epic simply like the game that much that they buy so many?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-27 Adam Vernon on Twitter.png (216x116, 69K)

Woah?!? Seeing this epic thread makes me want to buy Obblongs?
Thanks OP. And devs. You know where to send the check.

Epic Store has less features and games than Steam. We have to use an inferior store for certain games. It sucks, but people sending death threats are retarded.

>outrage
Nigger, I'm just laughing at this absolute PR disaster.

Attached: the weak should fear the strong.jpg (1400x1050, 167K)

Those are just sponsors, though. They do not literally make deals that stop their competitors from taking part.

>This analogy is s-stupid stop poking holes in my argument
>muh whattaboutism
0.001 yuan has been deposited into your account. In addition your social credit score has gone up by 0.0001 points.

>I'm asking why would Epic throw away money on a project that they aren't certain to a point is going to be successful?
Not him but it's not about the game itself being a success, it's about getting people mad over a new game being on epic and the devs just not complaining about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a great deal of NDA about the subject of sales or their opinion on the company post contract.
Also if they're only getting 10% individual games needs to sell an absolute fuck ton for them to be seeing a black. It's about getting people to use the store, and spending money in other ways.

okay i'll do that
>sell out and lie to people who i gave money to
>WAH WHY ARE PEOPLE SUCH MEANIES :((
being on beta white-knight duty makes you look like even more of a cuck.

>That wasn't really the question; I'm asking why would Epic throw away money on a project that they aren't certain to a point is going to be successful?
Because the aim is to both make their own platform look profitable while sticking it to steam at the same time. I might even go as far as to say that this whole exclusivity thing is done out of spite, rather than for any objectively strong business strategy.
>Not sure, time will tell. If a dev makes a successful game and makes Epic a lot of money, I can't see why they wouldn't want to keep them on their platform.
Because if they tried to force permanent exclusivity deals, it'd only force them to try harder as devs would come to expect them to make up for whatever funds were lost by chaining their product to one storefront.

what the fuck is a baby gamers

Basically everyone who isn't a drone or Epic apologist.

No one who is upset even knew what this game was. Why the fuck do any of them care?

And is that athlete better at running/pole vaulting/whatever because his manager secured him the best gear? No, his actual athletic performance is unchanged.

It's the same with EGS. No matter how many exclusives they secure, the storefront itself is a piece of shit, which is why they are having trouble attracting customers. This is why competing with exclusive titles does not work, because you are not competing with the qualities of your own product.

You can see the reverse of this phenomenon in Steam. It is chock full of shovelware shit, but people use the platform because of the platform's features, not because it has exclusive titles (which it only has in the form of Valve developed games anyway).

>giving the chinks my phone number too

Steam actually fixes those.

Because le Epic triggers me

Nothing else going on in their lives I suppose.

Yeah let me just give my money to someone who clearly doesn't like me.

I don't get why people rustle their jimmies over people taking the exclusive deal. Steam has no guarantee for sales and if Epic comes along and guarantees you success you would be risking a lot by refusing that. When third party games take timed console exclusive deals nobody complains this much and you are blocked by a paid hardware gate which this Epic stuff doesn't have. I get being slightly upset but not to this extent.

Relax Brother, we already got Sweeney's money

People are against this precisely because it can be seen as a sign of moving towards a console-like industry where platforms begin charging for access as well as the games themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if we will see the first buy-to-use storefront in the near future.

>business
>affection
I think you have the wrong idea buddy

That would be suicide. What store requires you to pay to access? Anywhere in the world. And no, consoles don't do that

I've noticed anyone who hides under a cutesey veneer usually winds up being some of the biggest assholes in the world.

Business to business is cutthroat, I agree.
Business to consumer is whoever pisses of the consumer less. If I went to walmart (I wouldn't) and they pissed me off because they wouldnt refund an example faulty product, you can bet your ass I'm going to Target instead until walmart does something that makes me want to give them another chance. In terms of Epic and any other game store, they all sell video games and if it means not playing certain games because of scummy devs, then so be it. I'm not forking over money to get disdain from the very people taking my money.

No one will care about Ooblets soon, and it won't sell well.

Attached: 1562128113455.png (696x493, 335K)

>Consoles don't do that

That's precisely what they do. The purchase of the console is a paywall before you even pay for a game, and all of them offer a digital storefront that is pretty much useless unless you pay a monthly premium. And people are willing to pay that (honestly exorbitant) amount of money to get access to the exclusives they want to play. You don't think there are no fools out there who wouldn't do that exact same thing with a digital storefront, especially if the up-front price wasn't as high as it is with a console? If you do, you think more highly of people than I.

Costco and similar competitors (I think Sam's Club and BJ's?). As far as I know, they are doing extremely well.

t. bluepilled steamcuck who thinks the world runs on kindness and not paper

You're a dumbass

Guys post fake ooblets dev comments and I will show you spicy videoclips of how I spend my free time

Attached: KEK.jpg (523x283, 13K)

Yeah the world revolves around money but how are you going to get into the common man's pocket without stealing it? I'd love to see a business patronize their consumer-base as much as the video game industry does and be successful.

Attached: argumentpyramid.jpg (2000x1124, 273K)

EA has its foot on the door by offering early access behind a subscription service, I wouldn't be surprised if they started locking small indies behind that and then looking to get bigger games as well

That's news to me. Fair enough

You're not entitled to shit. Patreon is not a supermarket dumbass.

Been following this game for 2 years not a word or peep jere andall a sudden blows up because of it being EGS exclusive and the developers being retarded.

Lads stop doing the advertising for them and just ignore it.

I only follow it because of Rebecca

I hope Borderlands 3 bombs to the point of killing the franchise...i mean, it looks like a retouch of 2 but the fans will buy it regardless becaure they are...well, fan...AKA idiots that will buy any shit with their favorite brand on it.

There are no jimmies rustled. Another example of a game not existing until shills throw a stone and manufacture the outrage. sage

Attached: 1542228683732.png (386x68, 3K)

So no matter what, Yea Forums's just gonna respond as many times to "its just a launcher" despite knowing OP is a trolling shit, huh

Anybody make the devs cry today?

I'm not entitled to anything. But if there's one store that patronizes me and one store that doesn't, guess where my money is going? Hint, it's the latter.

I didn't mention Steam at all you obsessed faggot.

>acting entitled
>expecting not to be patronized
S O Y B O Y

It's just
A launcher.

Attached: 242435234.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Direct this anger at the consoles then who can guarantee sales? Capcom knows everyone is going to buy their new monster hunter game yet they take a console exclusive deal. Most of these indie people taking the exclusive deal don't have decades of customers built up and not taking the deal would be extremely risky. Anyone thinking about this realistically should outweigh how upset they feel.

This is a satire image right?

Based

Attached: 748201984289518921.png (476x194, 15K)

based

Attached: sdfdsfdsfdsfdsgebtrnb.png (454x102, 19K)

Sorry that I feel entitled to being treated like a human being. I'll spread my asscheeks next time.

Yea all those buy both of our games for five quid really brought in the money. i mean who cares about hard fucking 60 dollars full price sales with higher then before cuts.

Long term stability doesnt mean it takes a long time to sell em.

Steamfags so used to having PR suck their entitled dicks that when PR doesn't do that they think it's satire

Okay Yea Forums now they have more supporters on patreon than they had before exclusivity. Just as we planned, steamdrones btfo

Attached: 1561192763191.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

I'd love to see a business shit on their consumer-base as much as these guys do and be successful.

They are so high level of inceldom they are actually fucking afraid of leaving not only their house but their fucking digital storefront too :D :D like just fucking imagine being that retarded holy shit. 2019 The year of living in fucking online bubbles, this is just fucking incredible.

A lot of big brands could do it easily

Attached: winniethepooh.png (1444x872, 1.73M)

What even is this game?

What even is this post and why are you so angry?

>No bodies posted it yet
You're welcome

Attached: Ooblets Dev saying gamers are better off in gas chambers.webm (1280x720, 2.49M)

>read the news elsewhere
>that post about gas chambers
it was one of you, right?

Attached: 156480094413.png (947x655, 641K)

WHATS THE BIG DEAL JUST DOWNLOAD THE FUCKING LAUNCHER IF YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME THAT ON EGS I DONT SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS ITS A FREE FUCKING LAUNCHER THAT TAKES 2 SECONDS TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS IS AT ALL LIKE CONSOLE WARS WHERE YOU HAVE TO SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IF YOU WANT TO PLAY AN EXCLUSIVE GAME FROM ANOTHER CONSOLE ITS LITERALLY A FREE DOWNLOAD AND EVERYONE PLAYING GAMES ON PC ALREADY HAS SEVERAL LAUNCHERS ANYWAY SO YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE USED TO USING MORE THAN 1 I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!! Maybe this world just isn't for me any more, haha.

Shitty "low-poly" models dancing with the possibility of some sort of pokemon and harvest moon mechanics

You're an idiot

>on a worse platform
Publishing to consoles takes certifications that can cost 5 figures just on their own, on top of all the same game development.

>rustled jimmies

What year is it again?

What is PR? Puerto Rico?

It's fake.

This The game has been in development for probably over 2 years now and all they ever show is gifs of dancing people and blob creatures, both of which have very little personality to them if any at all

According to the developer who is on record as lying to his customer base.

>That response to the Malaysian dude
this is almost cartoonish

I think everyone just needs to calm their tits, i know i was probably never going to buy this game, and i imagine a lot of the people here spitting vitriol aren't either. So what, some indie sold out, vote with your wallet and don't buy it since you weren't anyway.

>They mean so i no buy game
Bitch everybody in the gaming industry is like this

you should never turn on your fans.

but with that said the game looks like shovelware garbage and the only reason anyone has heard about it is how much of a nobhead the developer is and how scummy Epic is. Don't see why anyone would support either with their money.

t.ooblets dev crying about death threats

Public relations. The part of the team whose job it is to deal with the outside world. They usually treat people like children who just got a good grade on their macaroni collage and want their teacher to give them a shiny golden star sticker.

>BOYCOTT EGS NOW!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1562507185980.png (454x520, 13K)

What? What does that have anything to do with what I wrote? Are you alright?

So is this game unironically bad or are people just baiting because EGS is involved?

huh, so that's why I haven't bought a game in years lol

What is the problem anyway? I don't see people being mad about steam exclusives

Attached: 218940125710.png (1426x752, 153K)

Nice video editing. You just happened to hav been recording a random discord conversation? And conveniently your search covers the user list.

If the game was good then the devs wouldn't have needed to take the Epic bribe to protect themselves from low sales.
This has been the case with all epic exclusives.

Attached: 1517354896823.jpg (547x307, 23K)

I'm not him, I'm just explaining what PR is. I think he's trying to say that gamers are so used to being coddled by devs that the moment one doesn't it suddenly becomes a huge fiasco sorta like what we saw with Phil Fish I guess. And no, that image doesn't seem to be satire.

Arnt you guys just wasting a ton of time seething over a game you were never going to buy?

>Malaysian dude is a single father who struggles to pay his bills
>decides to pay someone monthly on Patreon
This shit is in fact cartoon-y. People are so fucking dumb

Because there are zero games that are exclusive (as in, a deal has been struck so the game can only be published on Steam) to Steam that are not Valve's own games.

>implying it's that simple
Tell that to Clover Studio after they made Okami

They told people that I play fortnite.
I dont so I went to their discord to tell them about it.
Then I promptly left.

it's fun sending them hate mail though. In the spirit of the devs: "it's just a joke bro"

Yeah, but that doesn't change anything from customer perspective so i don't see why should i care if someone paid for exclusivity or not

It's annoying, but even if I have to use steam to play the game, I can still buy product keys from other retailers and often get the games for cheap since they compete with each other. Steam themselves also offer sales to compete with them as well. EGS exclusivity means you can only get it through them, and I haven't seen them do a sale yet, just one free game giveaway for a 5 year old game.
There are also issues for people living in regions with inflated or incompatible currencies, where they end up paying more than they would have through a retailer or steam themselves that handles their currency regular. Then there are more issues where they charge some people extra depending on the payment method and they once again end up paying more than they would have from a retailer that didn't have these issues. The end result is Epic exclusives end up costing the consumer more money while steam availability typically allows the consumer to save money.

I see, so it's not exclusivity problem. That make sense

>(as in, a deal has been struck so the game can only be published on Steam) to Steam that are not Valve's own games
Yeah there are. I remember back when it was rare, you had the occasional game like Shogun 2 and Civ 5 pop up that made use of the friend system for multiplayer, which meant the game used steamworks, which meant it was only available to play through steam.. Now there are loads of them. Even console ports like Monster Hunter are using it these days.

I'm pretty sure someone taking games that they didn't make themselves hostage in an attempt to blackmail the consumer into using their product concerns the consumer.

Those are not exclusive through any deal, though. The publishers simply chose not to publish on any other platform. Valve did not pay them not to.

Every game that use steamwork in some way is essentially exclusive to steam.

It's classic marketing spin, make something not all that impressive sound good by comparing it to something practically unrelated but spun to make the current news sound impressive. Bonus points for being vague with any actual figures.

No they don't.

Attached: Untitled.png (565x534, 11K)

And? You are not owed any game on any specific platform. It's either the dev's way or the highway. Deal with it

i get it, they want to do what they feel is best financially and career wise
but fucking hell, why do they think acting like that is going to help their arguments?

We are at 1180 right now baby, and it's still growing

muh evil Fortnite!!!! zoooom zoooooooom can't win!!!! I don't like change!!!! steam good!!!

>people are idiots for enjoying something i dont

it doesn't take a business major to properly understand why paying devs off for exclusivity is a bad thing

Attached: 1552665964598.png (798x720, 209K)

Can someone bring me up to speed on this? Why do we care so much about this game, and why is everyone pissed?

>It's either the dev's way or the highway

Indeed it is, which is why it's so funny to see these devs get so buttblasted and defensive when people choose the highway.

Wait really? All this and she only lost about 10% of patrons (and it's climbing back up)?
This is absolutely hilarious. Steamfags destroyed

Yes it is. The deal is "you use our API you give us exclusive rights"

it's not like the Epic Games Store costs money. stupid gamer Boomer outrage

Note that devs are not required to take that deal to publish on Steam.

>implying
The dev is the one getting twitter buttblasted
Literally told everyone to fuck off

companies and shitposters on Yea Forums have different expectations

And now they won't since Epic offers a better one
absolutely demolished

why would any consumer ever willingly defend any form of exclusivity? it doesn't benefit you.

>Dude just sell your data to the Chinese LMAO

That's what being buttblasted means. Taking offense in something you really shouldn't take offense in if you really did not care.

It's obvious that people stating they are not going to buy their game now that it is EGS exclusive got under their skin.

>which meant the game used steamworks
One of the most uninformed and stupid thing I have seen on this thread

Oh no, now china goverment will know that i like jprg. How could we prevent this bros?

It is strange. On consoles it's somewhat understandable as it's a case of people having spent their money on a box and wanting that investment repayed by getting lots of things to play on that box. Also a dash of pleasure in not having made the wrong choice by buying the box with less exclusives.

But on PC wanting exclusives to become a thing in any form is shilling at best and self-cuckery at worst.

They are not required to publish games on epic either, see cyberpunk.
It just happens that epic exclusivity deal is better than releasing on both steam and epic.
Blame valve for offering worse deal, this is capitalism baby

By dilating

If there's only a few people working on a game and one is a whiny bitch, they don't get my money.

>Developers get money up front in the form of the exclusivity deal so they do not care about sales
>People who do not like EGS will pirate the game if they want to play it, so the exclusivity will not incentivize anyone to use the store

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a fucking retarded move from Epic? They can literally only lose money.

Epic prints their own money by way of Fortnite

you won't really know until you try it and epic can try and potentially lose the money that they are investing into the exclusivity deals.

I'm not a steam user therefore i can't be a tranny.

This will be my first and last post about the topic. Here's how things have gone for me in this case. I see a video, "developer changes platform from steam to epic", game looks like shit but I've already been wrong about quality only based on looks of a game before, might buy it later for the lulz, if it has a low price. See another video, "developer shits on 'fanbase' with snarky post and discord", read them, fucking douchebag, whatever, not buying it anymore just because of douche-ism. Go lurk 4ch for some time, see this thread. A war between retards, Epic mongoloids vs. Steam punked cocksuckers. You guys serious?
Ps. Dont even bother replying, I'm outta here

Sure, IF they release on both it's better for the developer. At least until Epic have to stop their self-admittedly unsustainably low cut, or until non-American customers get sick of paying more for the same game (Epic don't pick up the tab for currency changes like Valve do, nor do the devs, comes straight out of the customers pocket.)

People wouldn't be upset if Epic was just another store that gave more money to developers "just 'cause" it's the exclusivity deals they revile.

Because I'm not a bitch who has to have everything? And if it really is something I really want I'll buy the console/use the store
Because i'm not a s o y boy bitch

I did. I wasn't gonna buy it full price, now I'm not buying at all.

I'm replying to you just to call you a fucking dingus.

You fucking dingus.

The blogpost they made was so cringy and obnoxious people just couldn't ignore it

>I'll happily let corporations ream my ass with arbitrary paywalls

Attached: bigthink.jpg (1000x908, 119K)

It's just an excuse for a bunch of kids who have never played video games and enjoy trying to rile people up to keep playing at flame wars. That's it. Look at the first 5 posts, it's basically Twitch chat.

Yea no. You're making up a narrative. Twitter complained, the dev told them to fuck off.
The funny part is he didn't even lose patrons lmao
Pretty sure the dev destroyed you and your kind. Deservingly too.

I think he's simply not entitled baby gamer

Reminder that this is something poorfags say to try to project their fear of being responsible onto other people.

What paywalls? There are no paywalls dumbass. It's a free launcher

At least this paywall requires you buy a $400 console.

>what does it matter what launcher people use?
So you're for all launcher platforms to receive all games at the same time? Cool to know you're against the EGS because of their game sniping and exclusivity policies, user!

Are these just anons pretending to be the dev, or do they actually lurk Yea Forums? We will never know.

Aright .
1) i dont want my games spread across a thousend different launchers

2) Those devs acted like kids and now they are dealing witha bunch of man/woman childs , they had it coming.

3) Exclusives is Console poor shit dont bring it to PC .

Attached: 1564946061194.png (270x279, 115K)

God I wish that were me

I haven't even seen discussion about this game, let alone butthurt about using EGS. Nobody cares outside of autistic faggots trying to force a new console war.

why do so many developers hate gamers, but make games?

>1) i dont want my games spread across a thousend different launchers

If you don't like that pc is an open platform maybe you should try consoles? There is only one launcher there, and no one is allowed to compete.

It's not about the industry. If anything, it DOES help the industry because the people making the products get more of the money. But you and me are not part of the industry, unlike all the shills in this thread defending Epic. We're consumers, and the Epic store is set up so the consumer pays more on average.

It's almost exclusively indie devs that are like this, and the reason that they are indie devs is because they are like this.

1) There are not 1000 different launche rs
2) you're a s o y b o y
3) Too late. It's already here. Cope

> If anything, it DOES help the industry because the people making the products get more of the money

Epic shills are getting more sneaky

No! (you)

Attached: 1553809573655.gif (367x206, 2.7M)

Money is incentive. More money is incentive to create more products.

Fuck off chink, don't (you) me again

>pcnerds getting angry over some indie cuckboy

jesus christ

They don't care about losing a few hundred thousand dollars in the sort term if it helps make their store profitable in the long term

enjoy not knowing shit about economics gweilo

As a consumer, here's what you should do.
you'll have to wait I guess! nobody owes you the game

Communists are not going to teach me about economy, how is the shopping cart anyway?

But that's the thing. Exclusives are universally hated in the PC space, so trying to use them to make your product more attractive to the consumer base is literally the opposite of what you should be doing.

what's an oblet?

t. armchair CEO

That's fine, I won't play it just like the other thousands of games I've never played.

Buy the game to find out.

>Act like a huge faglord on the internet
>People talk mad shit back
>WAHHHHHH I HAVE DEPRESSION AND AM IN A BAD HEADSPACE I AM BEING HARASSED SOMEONE SENT ME DEATH THREATS ON THE INTERNET PITY ME PITY ME

go ahead and keep pushing this lame shit so that people get desensitized to it and give me even more leash to be an asshole

Attached: 1559434402502.jpg (1200x677, 78K)

>Exclusives are universally hated in the PC space
Not exactly true; the main problem is how the developers tell their followers that they are taking the EGS deal.

You mean pirate the game. No need to buy it if it's already been paid for.

Based

>wow thank you for all the support, because of you we where able to make this game we all wanted!
>cool crowdfund bro, we'll buy it off you and make it exclusive! Here's a wad of cash bitch.
>ok.
>hey guys we did the "no no" thing, but we did what was best for us. we trust you're not all stupid incels am I right?! ;^P
>what the hell man you said this would come to this platform and it's not even a duel release it's an exclusive to a competitor now? They don't even support purchases from my country, why would you abandon your supporters?
>lol we got PAID bitch, eat a dick you entitled manbabies! XXD
>feel free to keep giving us money, but we don't need it any more.
>well fuck you then cunt.
>wow that's so mean why did you say that, how could opinions go against us so quick? issue a press release daddy they're a hate mob!

Attached: 20180608_181054.jpg (1289x766, 256K)

Well they must figure that the exclusivity will help them more than the backlash will hurt them. Whether they're right or wrong I really don't know

thanks user, bought 50 copies just to be sure

even if they were wrong I doubt we'd ever get official numbers

You should paypal me some moneys. I promise I'll give you a game, and it'll be exactly how you want it too

fucking dumbass

It’s just another piece of fucking shitty DRM that we’ve got to clog our computers up with and split out game collections between. We don’t need another launcher, especially one that brings absolutely nothing new to the table and is actually leagues behind the competition. Also one that employs shitty business practises to get customers.

Soon other publishers are going to catch on and each are going to set up their own DRM launcher and all will buy exclusive contracts. This isn’t even hyperbole, this will happen, we’ve already got like four big ones, there will be more, many more. I miss physical media.

That’s the reason people hate the epic store. The reason people hate the devs is because they’re condescending assholes who seem to have been entirely community funded and yet act as if they owe nothing to those who supported them.

If the prevailing disposition to third-party exclusives wasn't negative, someone would have tried it before EGS. And the backlash to what EGS is doing wouldn't be this big either.

Being free to choose where you get your entertainment from is one of the biggest draws of PC gaming. Trying to trample on that is bound to draw the ire of the public, as it has.

>We would like to announce that we are going with epic exclusive deal so we can offer you a better game
>Supporters:That's great news, we are really happy for you guys!
>Steamdrones raiders:EPIC BAD STEAM GOOD

Attached: 621512951052815821.png (677x1156, 674K)

Well if the epic store ever becomes a platform equal to steam then they were right. If it doesn't they were wrong, only time will tell.

There are real people that got invested into EPIC because fortnite was fun. Let that sink in. Most of the anti steam boys are literal Fortnite fags.

Oh yea that's never gonna happen. It's not like the store is 8 months old and therefore expecting all of Steam's features is ridiculous or anything. Epic bad

Fortnite is actually a great game. Community =/= game

>Because I'm not a bitch who has to have everything
>Because i'm not a s o y boy bitch
you are contradicting yourself

Attached: 1551846327866.webm (778x436, 2.91M)

It's not ridiculous, though. They had all the time in the world (between 2005 and the release of the EGS) to do the tiniest amount of market research to see what features their competition is boasting and implement those same features and then some from the word go.

But they didn't.

Yea it's not like stores with exclusive games existed before Epic or anything

/dumbass

>someone would have tried it before EGS
The thing is that epic is a new player that wants to have some foothold on the e-stores market..thing..business.
For example, the sims 4 is an origin exclusive and nobody is bitching about it. The division 2 is a Uplay exclusive as well and i don't recall any particularly big shitstorm.
>So why is that?
The reason of this is that they were exclusives from the get go, being developed in house for their respective platforms and that is something that Epic is not doing. Epic is the dude that throws money into something until they get what they want, consequences be dammed.
So far it more or less has worked, but we still have to see if their stunt actually brings money and i'm afraid we won't be able to see any kind of result until one or two years have passed.

>2005
Are you retarded?

>It's not like the store is 8 months old
they started working on the store 2-3 years ago and they've had 15 years to learn from Steam's mistakes.

Really says it all, don't it?

Attached: Sem_Titulo[1].png (1371x484, 75K)

Notice the word "third-party", dear user. Steam has had a select few in its past (not anymore though), but stores like Uplay and Origin deal solely in first-party titles.

2005 was when Steam got its shit partly together and then kept on improving from there.

You all keep comparing this to Phil Fish, but I don't think you all understand how much of an insult that is to Phil Fish.

If you look back on it, he only seemed bad back then because he was one of the first asshole developers. However, compared to what came later, he was an absolute chad. Phil Fish helped out on several games, and then made a game of his own, that of which he actually released, sold well commercially, and garnered widespread critical acclaim. After constantly getting pissed off and finally breaking, he said "fuck you", left, and became a DJ, playing at venues and never looking back.

The Ooblets developers made a shit game, started being shitty to potential customers before they even released it, tried to defend themselves instead of owning what they did or apologizing, and instead of quitting, they're going to finish their game and actually expect (beg) people to buy it.

You see, Phil Fish a lot of hate, but he actually achieved something. Many things actually. He could AFFORD to leave. Can we say anything like that about anyone who he's been compared to?

No they didn't you dumbass. They had a basic website through which to distribute Fortnite and Unreal from. The EGS is 9-15 months old, and only began to exist because of Fortnite's success

GOG also deals in first-party titles right? You fucking retard

Fuck off Phil.

Their discord is a mess. They left it all up to their true and honest fans to defend them, so the people getting shit on arent even the devs, but a bunch of random autistic pokemon fans. Purplumps or whatever the fuck his name is made a big blogpost doubling down on everything and included screenshots of people telling him to get raped.

>Notice the word "third-party", dear user. Steam has had a select few in its past (not anymore though)

So, steam started the whole timed exclusivity thing on pc? And people still are defending them, really makes you think

GoG is selling games that no one else is willing to sell. That's a different kind of exclusivity which isn't a petty power grab.

It's almost a public service that they are doing, preserving old games for contemporary audiences.

And dropped it when it turned out to be a bad idea.

Literally all of this could have been avoided, if they didn't add the so called "tongue-in-cheek" generalization of "gamers" in their announcement.

They could have stopped at one paragraph explaining that EGS pays for literally their whole game, which literally no one would give a shit about from an indie developer who everyone assumes is near homeless anyways.

And they keep adding fuel to the fire with their non-apology that they released today.

They keep sticking their dicks in the pencil sharpener and wonder why their bleeding.

You're a dumbass and moving goalposts. Exclusive games on PC already existed long before Epic

linkedin.com/in/galyonkin
they hired him to make the store. that's how long they've been internally working on the store.

You're an idiot. Making a store like Steam is not the same as making a portal for your own games
Also lel thinking there's one person working on it

You can tell these two fucks were already well off though. He had some big job in a fucking space tourism business. I forget her job but it was big too. Now they are pretending like they don't have two shekels to rub together.

They dropped it when it turn out their competitiors are dead. We will never forgive gaben for killing x-fire

I've literally seen better games on itch.io for free. The dev going full retard like that guy who made FEZ doesn't help.

like what? uplay and games for windows live both still sold through steam

REMINDER: Terraria's devs told off Epic and said they would never sell out, and Epic literally sabotaged their E3 showing of Journey's End.

Attached: terraria-cover.jpg (271x377, 33K)

sims 4 and the division 2 are some that i easily recall.

>Making a store like Steam is not the same as making a portal for your own games
????
>Also lel thinking there's one person working on it
i'm sure they have dozens of code monkeys on but he's the one in charge. coincidentally he's also the steamspy dude, which is how timmy scouted him.

Based devs, based game
Shame the update will never release, and they'll never be a Terraria 2

division 2 was only a few months ago, after the epic store opened.
dunno about sims but that whole series is a weird separate thing from normal gaming, who even plays that shit after 2010

>???
Yea you're a dumbass

stop shilling your shitty game

You're retarded

>who even plays that shit after 2010
Dunno, but its one of EA moneymaking cows, right after fifa.

We already have an impression of what half dead rodent is rattling around in your skull

pretty sure its the same people who play mobile games and then claim gaming is one of their hobbies

Sims is an EA IP developed by an EA owned studio and exclusive to EA's storefront.
Division is an Ubisoft IP developed by a Ubisoft subsidiary and exclusive to Ubisoft's storefront.

That is to say, they are first-party titles.

Moving goalposts. What about GOG? GOG games are first-party titles as we all know

We already went through this. GOG is not denying anyone else the opportunity to sell the games they have on sale. It's just that no one else wants to sell those games.

Moving goalposts yet again. You're a dumbass. GOG doesn't deny devs from releasing on other platform (supposedly); Epic does. Deal with it. Cope

I am dealing with it by not purchasing the games that are exclusive to EGS. It's the devs that took the Epic pill that seem to be incapable of coping with people not supporting their decision.

and yet you are also here swimming in the drama and crying that no one saw your stupid threads
you sound exactly like these developers, fuck yourself whiny bitch

Actually the dev told everyone to fuck off, it's you who threw a big baby fit over it haha.

I've never said anything to the devs. I simply made the decision to not purchase their game due to this development.

>All this Steam dicksucking
People owe you nothing until you buy their product.

Attached: 1357246904877.png (444x454, 162K)

>"A lot of companies would've left us to deal with all of this on our own, but Epic has been by our side as our world has gone sideways", Wasser said. "The fact that they care about a team and game as small as us proves we made the right call working with them".

Steambabies seething

Also when they put it on Steam it will get a second burst of sales.

And yet you just dissed the dev 2 posts ago. Yea no, your butt was blasted hard, and probably still is blasted hard

who cares

Patreon counts as buying the product, according to the dozens of absolute idiots who have commented on this

>Dissed
Where? By saying they "took the Epic pill"? That's not a diss, that's a fact. They factually threw their lot in with Epic.

>incapable of coping
That describes you, not the dev.
Cope

You do realize they didn't lost any patreons, or are you just trying to make a fool out of yourself?

>We're going to be releasing exclusively on EGS!
>In that case, I'm not going to buy your game
>BABY GAMERS! YOU ARE NOT OWED A GAME!

If this is not inability to cope, then what is?

That's not what happened. Cope

Attached: rape.png (587x180, 17K)

And?

Internat man hurt my fee fees by making fun of my opinions so I tell him I wont by his game >_< they will learn theyre lesson!!

Maybe not with that exact wording, but the message was that the move to EGS was going to cost them sales. And judging by the fact that they are still creating infographics to defend their decision while trying to make anyone opposed to it look stupid, they are not taking that well aka unable to cope.

>Patreon counts as buying the product
According to something other than their actual patreon page?

People (idk if they were Patrons or not) were asking whether they would receive refunds, even though none of the Patreon tiers offer the game.

Attention All epic gamers, Steam is in big trouble, and it needs your help, you can help by harrasing this indie developer, calling him a cuck and not buying his game, but be quick or the bugman will destroy pc gaming

The only people that paid for the game are happy with Dev decision.

As far as I know the game has not yet been for sale. Those people are retards with an agenda.

>people think you have to worship steam to shit on EGS

>what does it matter what launcher people use?
Fuck Tencent

But I'm not an Epic gamer though that's the point

How many games this board has shilled for free with bait threads already?

If anyone is unable to cope it's you every time a new Epic deal. Hurts your ass everytime

There was an article from Buzzfeed or some other magazine about how the modern american spends like 30% of his salary in donations. I wouldn't put it that far.

Attached: 1559913617009.png (500x667, 486K)

If everyone is a shill here, who is the target of the shilling? Or is it competing shills shilling for eachother?

Not really. It just means I get a free game, courtesy of Tim Sweeney.

This.

A "you can all fuck yourselves, you retards" is always a good explanation

Then it's even more baffling that people would bring out the Patreon card. Like they're entitled to anything (regardless of Patreon or not)

this might be the most obvious shill i have ever seen

Attached: reddit gold.jpg (480x640, 42K)

The game is exclusive but it's not free, dumbass

Steam users are used to everything being on their platform of choice so they don't even wait for confirmation, they just assume everything will be on it. So they then throw a tantrum when something is revealed to not be on their platform of choice

>Broke up with the publisher so they went with epic
Nah even if they kept their publisher they would have gone with epic. Epic isnt pro developer they are anti developer, they are pro publisher. If they kept their publisher and were forced to go with epic I would at least have some respect for them, but instead they did it of their own free will and mocked everyone while doing it so they can all rot for all i care.

You really are a bit slow, aren't you? I meant that I'm going to pirate the games, with no moral qualms about it because Tim already paid the devs for their work. So, essentially, free games.

A while back steam paid VR developers to not be exclusive

>implying Gamestop is not a storefront
>implying Gamestop costs extra money to shop at
>implying Epic doesn't change the prices on their storefront without the publisher''s permission
>implying a store exclusive literally called an exclusive isn't an exclusive

You are a subhuman brainlet and your mother should have pulled out when she had the chance.

Attached: 1479068320539.png (533x358, 442K)

I'm not pissed off. I'm going to happily pirate the game, because the devs are BASED and they don't care about the lost sale, they only care about serious problems like climate change!

If you're gonna pirate it it's because you're a pirate. Making up excuses for it that doesn't change that. You've no doubt made lots of other excuses in the past

>>implying Epic doesn't change the prices on their storefront without the publisher''s permission

Look guys, we now care about publishers. Steamdrones are so pathetic it's not even funny anymore

Have you ever considered that your faggot ass is maybe a little too sensitive?

Nope. I pretty much never pirate games since buying games is such a hassle-free experience in this digital age.

But when a man steps forth and pays the developer of a game a lump sum of money up-front, making sales unnecessary for the financial security of the devs, I would be retarded to pay them again. Tim's wad of cash already included my purchase.

are you asking why people are shitting on the game & devs?
because the game is hideous tumblr garbage & the devs are such fucking idiots they think they can be gamedevs and be like:
>gamers were a mistake
>fucking toxic gamers, eat my shit
>i fucking hate gamers so much, entitled manbabies.
and then play the victims after lacking so much self awareness they'd use that kind of rhetoric.
any one who's so fucking retarded to try to be a gamedev while hating the only people who'd buy the games deserves to fail. And i love to laugh at stupid people failing.

That's the best part, they already won and there is nothing entitled manbabies can do about it. I hope their next project will be about putting gamers into gas chambers

>I see it as competition
>who cares if you're being forced to use only one launcher

Attached: image.jpg (720x588, 31K)

test

So you never pirate in your life, but you're so angry at this situation you've decided to break the trend. Sounds like you're a buttblasted faggot unable to cope

Who's going to buy their shitty game?
they'll only get the epic games exclusive bribe money & that wont happen again next game since this one wont make epic money. so they're fucked basically.

>I don't pirate games because it's such a hassle
>But i pirate games when they are funded

You do realize how stupid your thinking is right?

t. bluepilled gabe nipplesucker

Attached: 1551855547838.jpg (700x700, 332K)

i was told prices would go down

>I take the easier option
Oh yeah that's such a stupid line of thought

>wanted to buy it
>Now I can get it for free without moral dilemma because Tim payed for my copy
Tim is absolutely based

Attached: 1492545564704.png (846x900, 448K)

Oh yeah, here's a question-why do you get so buttblasted when somebody says they're gonna pirate epic games?

I'm not angry at the situation. I simply do not wish to support Epic, and I'm pirating the game to avoid doing just that. I might not even pirate it, to be honest. Depends on what the game turns out to be like.

>their attitude towards the customers they no longer think they need
all of their dev posts have that exact same tone. it's their thing. but then the one about epic got way more attention from people who aren't familiar with the way they update their audience on the game and assumed they were being condescending.

Extreme high IQ post, unironically

Of course. Why would I pay for a game that has already been paid for?

Actually his patreon has not gone down at all, meaning the people who gave him money are fine with Epic. So much for your logic

why are your guys even bothering pirating this game? just one look tells you its fucking garbage.

>go out drinking at a bar that has rape rooms and there's a history of people getting raped there
>I have no idea how it happened officer

>gamers get mad at dev for making a cheeky condescending post
>gamers respond with hordes of vitriolic messages full of death threats and racism/sexism/homophobia
feels a bit hypocritical if you ask me desu

Attached: manana.png (740x833, 748K)

>Backpedalling
First sign of coping. Good for you

Thanks to all of that free marketing this game will sell shit ton of copies and it's all thanks to mad tards like you. Which is sad because it's prolly shit

That's a pretty specific situation that definitely applies to every single person who has ever been sexually assaulted or raped while drunk.

>Dude throws first punch
>Wonders when he gets kicked in the nuts as a response
Dumb manananana poster

that game journo and hipster welfare system is different from people actually buying the game.

more like
>dude says something that could be interpreted as rude
>gets nuked from orbit as a response

Because the developers are assholes and the game looks like shit.

Why would you pay for a game in general if you can just pirate it?

If you think bad internet drama is enough to stop a developer from making bank, let me introduce you to my friend Electronic Arts

/Thread

The only people messaging them shitting on them are their own fans and they were always in bed with gamejournos. me shitting on the dumb fucks and their shit game from Yea Forums has no bearing on the shilling.

Because people, even insufferable cunts like these guys, deserve to be compensated for their work. Thankfully, Tim has already compensated them for me.

>The only people messaging them shitting on them are their own fans
it's so cute that you've convinced yourself this is true so you can feel better about harassing game developers

You lost that argument. Ignoring your inept exaggeration, you agreed with the dev throwing the first punch, and that a larger reaction as a result is to be commonly expected.

the epic marketing started over 10 years ago it seems

youtube.com/watch?v=_yThfdrdFL8

posting bait this bad is a federal crime where i come from kid.

Attached: 5b2.jpg (308x450, 24K)

>even though none of the Patreon tiers offer the game.
Jesus Christ. How do you request funding but refuse to reward them the very thing they're funding? They could easily have pushed back the release date an extra month to collect more Patreon funds that would cover the "costs" of releasing steam keys to that group.

Those patreon supporters must be incredibly passionate and generous yet really... innocent to do agree to such a thing.

Ooblets is such a beautiful and classic example of how to not treat your fanbase and not implode your community.

>Get a huge investment from EBIN Games
>Buy mocap for meme dances for your harvest moon/pokemon rip off
>Move studios from the equivalent of a parents basement to one of the most expensive living places
Ahh yes money well spent, also thanks for the money patreon retards

Attached: 1562264235607.png (437x521, 335K)

>I'm too moral to pirate but this time it's justified!
Yea no you're just a pirate

I don't care about developers, just their products. If you made me give even the slightest amount of shit about these commies, I'd probably be a piratefag for life

I agree the devs statements feel like cheeky rude attacks towards their own customers, and I also think people are overeacting to the whole thing, but it's 2019, this kind of shitstorm is expected to happen nowadays, there is no way to stop it, they could at the very least not be idiots and provoke it.

Are you retarded? If you don't like the patreon don't support it
>but the patreon should be like this
entitled shit

Damn Epic is good store! Please pay me more money so I can defend your store, Epic!

Attached: unreal-tournament-3-1.0.jpg (1200x800, 128K)

>world is full of pussies and idiots
>have to lower yourself to their level

t. that faggot from the discord screenshots.

epic hasnt made a good game in 15 years

How is being formal and professional lowering yourself to pussy/idiot level? Don't answer me, you sound retarded enough already

Eh, he kinda deserves it for being a cunt.

>Are you retarded? If you don't like the patreon don't support it

What the flying fuck do you think this line meant?
>Those patreon supporters must be incredibly passionate and generous yet really... innocent to do agree to such a thing.

And before you shit on patreon members, noticed I didn't call them retarded or degrade them in anyway. There's beauty in the willingness to donate to someone's dream without expectation of a reward and I will always respect that.

>overreacting
how is that possible? when you fling shit at your audience like:
>fucking entitled manbaby gamers
and then people turn around like
>fuck you, you dumb hipster faggot.
that's just the natural course of things. they'd not victims at all. they're just socially unaware morons.

Agree, as of right now they make only games you could describe as "industry changing" ones such as Fortnite.

I was referring to the first statement they made on their website or whatever

Cute looking game, I was really looking forward to it until the devs stuck their proverbial dicks in the hornet's nest. Everyone seems to be glossing over that one fact.
Had they not acted like pretentious cunts, you would've gotten the same "EGS bad"/"another one bites the dust" articles and everyone except those wanting the game would've forgotten all about it by the week was over.

Yes, I do play indie games and posts on Yea Forums.

I think that if you use words such as "fuck" you are not a part of their audience. This game is literally targeted for little kids and is supported by parents of these kids

Because you're being formal to people who are harassing you, despite having no right to do so

Because to these kind of people, they're producing art first and a product second. They have no idea how to market. They're not marketers or business oriented. To them, selling their product is the yucky shitty part of producing what they want to which is why they position themselves on a high horse.

are you telling me the fans in their discord they're abusing are little kids?.. or their parents?

He refuted a point, as when Epic had their $10 off everything sale they chose the price point for every game on their platform. user didn't bring it up, shill did.

I was referring to the first statement they release about this whole thing, you know, the thing that set all the shitstorm into motion? They talked shit first, it is only retribution at that point, even if it's too much, it's only expected on the internet.