Western SRPG

>western SRPG
>difficult, unique encounters where you have to think about each move

>japanese SRPG
>focus is on building your characters into fucking super heroes and aping every encounter
Nobody can defend this.

Attached: MvwLKy3SfvJwXFKCRMDAFrt961K43XbPpMgvJ1uKL.jpg (640x480, 89K)

what the fuck is SRPG?
Also played the game in OP, thanks for reminding me it exists.

>>difficult, unique encounters where you have to think about each move
Hi

Attached: yggdra.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

>sting entertainment
Ask me how i know you weigh at least 300lbs. Anyways, only a weeb retard who has only played console games would genuinely believe this game is even remotely interesting or difficult, and not just a clusterfuck of variables like every other sting game.
>what the fuck is SRPG?
strategy/positioning based rpg

SRPG is a JRPG with rudimentary tactical combat. Usually less tactical and more linear than CRPG, with some exceptions.

Good point I should have posted a more recent one

Attached: fire emblem.jpg (1500x1372, 302K)

Both are fun. The ones that lean hardest either way are the most fun from both categories.

okay, retard

can you like just call it TRPG or TBRPG, every rpg is strategical in one way or other

Seriously how did "SRPG" get so common. TRPGs are JRPGs with Tactical Combat (or rather, more tactical than "good-guy/bad-guy lineup" JRPG combat).
Strategy games are games that emphasize strategy as part of the gameplay (4X, grand strat,etc)

lol

okay, just pretend i said trpg and move on, autist

Because nips cannot into english.
Nobody ever called western tactical rpgs (like Jagged Alliance) SRPG

I fail to see how braindead character optimization is fun.

Nips?
RPG is a western term adopted by japs not the other way around.
That's why there are RPG and JRPG.

SRPG is a subset of JRPG

japs did not invent that style of rpg, its been around since goldbox

what's the game, OP?

never heard of it.
Every game that with JRPG in title had turn-based combat and sometimes movement.

>what the fuck is SRPG?
At least pretend that you play videogames

huh

Attached: bud.jpg (1570x597, 225K)

gorky 17, really neat tactical game where you have to manage ammo usage and weapons all have unique damage patterns. kind of built and paced like a horror game which i found interesting.

>western tactical rpgs
Lots of western RPGs had tactical combat, to the point that it wasn't ever really considered a separate genre.