Why aren't you playing the best Souls title?

Why aren't you playing the best Souls title?

Attached: Demons I tell ya.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7Xv0mJkHpw
youtu.be/tcu34pRbLDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When?

Attached: Demon-Souls-PS4.png (479x601, 433K)

It's not the best. There are way too many healing items, they're all usable in PVP, and they're easily duped.

kys pvp tranny

>fully modeled atmosphere town far in the distance
Dark Souls did it better. Fuck DS2 and 3 though.

>There are way too many healing items, they're all usable in PVP
No to either of these. DeS has the best PvP in the whole series by MILES, I'm sorry you never got good at it. By the way, rating each game on PvP is pretty retarded since its a minor afterthought at best.

As for healing, it doesn't pretend to be some obscenely 'hard' meme gauntlet and if you want to play like shit you get punished by having to stand around and eat a bunch or grass like an idiot. Popping humanity in DaS is way more broken and makes the game way easier than grass does.

Hopefully never after that DS1 remake

I've already put hundreds of hours into DaS2 OP, give me a break.

>Popping humanity is DaS is way more broken

It takes more time to use a humanity, you can't hold as many stacks of 99 good healing items, and you actually have to go out of your way to farm it as there is no real duping glitch.

Because everything is blurry and floaty in DeS.

>minor afterthought at best.
What the fuck are you talking about
Dueling maybe, but what the fuck

can I play it without a ps3

Because I already finished dark souls on multiple playthroughs

This. Of all the games that could be remastered, they leave the good ones. This will probably never happen because of IP rights though

as someone who played both on console, the remaster was better and seemed like people were making noise for no reason

Because DeS is literally just DaS but worse

My PS3 stopped reading discs and I'd want to platinum my import copy.

Attached: trophies.jpg (914x135, 31K)

I already finished NG+ the other day
Best Souls

DeS vs DaS

Literally Soul vs Soulless

>unironically giving a single solitary fuck about pvp

Go back to fortnite you nigger

>Because DaS is literally just DeS but worse
Ftfy faggot

How? DeS is literally a less open world game with a inferior bosses and story. Its a good game if you like souls/borne series and wanna see the origins that has made it what it is today but being better than anything other than DS2? kek

Attached: OP here.png (1920x1040, 1.02M)

gf just got a ps3 from her roommate who moved out.
Do i need to (((buy))) the game or can i just homebrew the ps3 easily?

Stop making Demon's threads please I'm trying to clean up backlogs and every thread makes me wanna do a replay.

lawl who even still hates on fortnite ? you need to move with the wave of insults and just drop like a rock to the bottom when you like one insult

The remaster should have done so much more....I would have actually finished it if it had DS3 combat.

>tries to insult DeS by insulting DaS2 as well
Jesus you are a pathetic fuck with no taste in games. Just kys now you will always be a shitter

Firstly, you did at least finish the original, right?

And secondly, I get what you mean. A lot of people were complaining about a downgrade in lighting, which I didn't notice during gameplay at all, so I thought that's what you meant.

They could have done more, but I just wanted to be able to play it on ps4 and I never played the dlc on x360 version

Souls was never meant to be open world you autist, and that's why DeS is still so good. They tried to force that shitty interconnectivity that made all the critics cream themselves (ZOMG I'M BACK AT UNDEAD PARISH GOTY ALL YEARS) into DeS2 and it completely ruined the game.

DeS has better atmosphere than any other souls game. It's also not deliberately trying to be lmaosohard like the other games with the instadeath horseshit and annoying trap rooms that are there for 1 cheap death. The bosses are fun and have good variety, unlike later souls games that boil down to big knight or big dragon

But you've never actually played demons souls and are therefore disqualified from having an opinion

Why do morons need a remaster when it's one of the few PS3 exclusives 100% emulable, and the emulated version is in fact the superior one?
A sequel I could understand more, but a remaster? it's beyond retarded.

But I just played DaS2 a few months ago.

No online play

>It's also not deliberately trying to be lmaosohard like the other games
this is the game where you die once and lose half your health unless you give up one of two ring slots, you need to constantly spend souls to repair your gear before it becomes useless, you have a limit to how many items you can carry and where you need to do an entire level without dying because there are checkpoints until you beat a boss

also while grass drops constantly from some enemies the fact that there's no estus means you aren't guaranteed to heal and can actively fuck yourself over by running out

approaching peak brainlet

Wow it's like you actually need a brain to play, unlike casual souls garbage that was watered down for the xfats and pc tards

test

>But you've never actually played demons souls and are therefore disqualified from having an opinion
I have all the achievements in the game jackass

my pc sucks

Does anyone even enjoy Dark Souls for real, or do they just pretend to like the series to fit in? Even if they do enjoy Dark Souls because they're playing one of the most awesome, addictive games ever to grace the gaming world, it's really not as good as a game like Elder Scrolls or Diablo. You may not like Dark Souls. Hell, it probably isn't your cup of tea. While you can probably enjoy Dark Souls for how it has become your new favorite Souls, there is no way you won't enjoy Dark Souls 2 because it is a wonderful game and we all know the people who play this game. We all really want to see what happens with the next game, and if you enjoy Dark Souls 2 then it's only right that you help make it so that we can enjoy it.

Attached: hmm.gif (498x498, 613K)

>Other souls games were trying to be difficult, unlike demon souls
>other souls games were casual compared to demon souls
pick 1 dumbass. what part of backtracking through multiple loading screens in order to pay an exp tax so you can repair your gear requires a brain, by the way?

>PS3
>achievements

Attached: 1565025823721.gif (388x394, 36K)

>argument
>'i have none'

it's still 30 fps tho

>implying there is only one kind of difficulty

Also I think you might just be shit at the game, equip degradation isn't really an issue unless you're dying a lot

Only real flaw that DeS had was magic builds being stupidly overpowered and basically an easy mode option.

Also DeS had difficulty adjustment, something that DaS never figured out

emulation is saving gaming

>DeS has better atmosphere than any other souls game.
>atmosphere
I've always despised this line of reasoning, but I've never been able to articulate why until now. I think it's because morons who listen to music, watch film / television, or play video games are literally unable to comprehend and critique aesthetics and themes- much less lavish praise when these are in congruity and compliment each other. When someone calls this pop song or that video game "atmospheric" they're telling you that they have no real understanding of what they critique. Kind of like people who talk about "feels" in music or "fun" in vidya. It's just a shallow non-praise that betrays a lack of deeper understanding.

Anyways, the base game of DaS1 had more thematic / aesthetic cohesion than DeS, which was in many places experimenting- sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Cohesion (what you call "atmosphere") was not a central goal of the team when making it.

>The bosses are fun and have good variety
That's because the bosses function as puzzles moreso than any test of skill, a theme that continues in the later games to a much lesser extent. Again, they were experimenting.

30fps is industry standard you autist

>emulated version is in fact the superior one
As long as you don't mind constant stutter due to shader precaching, and never look at the sun.

t. cuntsole plebian

>this shit again

The human eye literally can't detect a difference between 30 fps and 60 fps. It only thinks at 60 fps. The difference between 300 and 800 is so minute – but the difference between 880 and 1920 is so big it could cause an eye infection, which is why it is illegal to record an 880 to 800 video to get a full frame rate even for movies. How big is that difference? And why have there been no laws in the UK preventing us from producing this video of people looking at an 880 to 1920 frame-rate video of the moon above the sea? In fact how can you make any sense of video of an 880 to 1920 framerate on the moon? It is literally impossible. It has no meaning, just an extremely blurry video; the moon not moving – you are still literally looking at a blur. If it was clear enough, a person would think it was a sunrise. The moon is moving as we watch it, there are stars moving past – and then moving back. It might be 10 o'clock, the moon might be about 3 hours after noon, but it makes no sense in the same movie, the same landscape, the same city, unless you are completely out of luck with video.

The only thing I can see that makes sense is a combination of the moon being transparent rather than being just a black and white sphere.

Attached: sigh.jpg (652x365, 46K)

lol never gets old

lol @ poorfags

yikeamundo

What I read that and just what? I get it's a joke but I think you broke me.

Attached: Limmy9.jpg (900x1200, 166K)

What's even the appeal of dork souls? I don't get it. Can someone explain this to me?

Attached: 1564524332568.jpg (482x549, 41K)

Can someone translate this to gamer terms?

>FPS 30

Attached: 1448843203489.jpg (526x560, 50K)

Atmosphere is the general feel of the game, opposed to the actual gameplay. It has a lot to do with immersion and the overall experience. You can't appreciate that because you're a pedant. Most of the aesthetics of DaS and its clones were lifted from DeS. Boletaria Palace became anor londo. Valley of Defilement became blighttown. Stonefang tunnel became iron keep. Tower of Latria became bloodborne. Etc etc

I do still play it on occasion, but I lost my old god tier save. Once in a while I try to work myself up to getting my perfect run where I grab all boss soul spells and weapons across multiple playthroughs. But unfortunately, I never get farther than pic related

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 52K)

DeS is dead rising
DaS is dead rising 2

PVP ruined Souls. Instead of lots of builds and viable weapons and spells, too much gets nerfed for PVP balancing. Ideally, if we have to cater to PVP faggotry, have some kind of instanced realm where gear and spells are different during online play. Either let people go nuts with lots of builds and variety or don't let it happen at all.

literally who series

dark souls would've been a much better game if it had playboy ads all over it

I did, I just can't go back after omni-directional rolling became a thing man...it doesn't feel right without it after sinking hundreds of hours into DS3 and Bloodborne.

Demon's has more instadeath traps than any other game in the series

Demon’s Souls was my first Souls game and it’s shittier than the Souls series. Try a bit harder for those hipster points, zoomers.

>Boletaria Palace became anor londo
Nah. Anor Londo has a divine feel while Boletaria Palace is full medieval castle/fort. The initial views the player gets of the areas are polar opposites.

Invasions are half the point of the game.
Dualfags can die though.

>retarded tripnigger is retarded and has retarded opinions
Who would've guessed

youtube.com/watch?v=C7Xv0mJkHpw

Attached: Give me back those happy days.jpg (720x544, 19K)

>Demon's Souls
>Souls
>shittier than the Souls series
you absolute fucking retard

Imagine being a zoomer trying to impress boomers by telling them you think Demon’s Soul is the best From game. Lmao.

No one cares

lil zoom zooms truly are pathetic.

I already played Bloodborne for like 500 hours

>Why aren't you playing the best Souls title?
You mean the souls game that dips into single digits whenever you collide with a box?

How do I play this shit? I've tried it once for a few hours but it felt extemely unpolished and unbalanced compared to the later games. Upgrading weapons requires huge amounts of upgrade materials and even after getting to some high level of the normal upgrade path I didn't seem to do any damage. Also the lizards despawn permanently. Are you supposed to use magic and/or item duping like almost everyone I've seen play this does or am I missing something or is this game just nostalgia garbage?

>Online is kill
Feels bad man

Attached: 1526624356926.jpg (347x450, 27K)

it's not tho
>go into ps3 connection settings and change primary dns to 142.93.245.186
>now you will connect to the community run server when you run demons souls

I really should. Still haven't done the DLC.

Seriously though, I want to get a Piss3 to play DeS along some other exclusives but I never actually bought anything substantial like that and I paranoid of getting grifted.

Attached: friede.jpg (853x480, 67K)

>Atmosphere is the general feel of the game
Here we go again with "muh feels" with exactly zero qualitative properties. We get it, you don't do words good.
> It has a lot to do with immersion
More accurate would be consistent internal logic, I think immersion for many implies too many things which your argument doesn't necessitate.
>You can't appreciate that because you're a pedant.
I'm not a pedant; you're just not used to reading a post which isn't made up exclusively of memes, weasel words, and general attempts to sidestep any substantial discussion of a game and what makes it tick.

I honestly couldnt get into it. real talk.

I've played BB and Das 1-3 and even sekiro multiple times over, but just getting through DeS is a slog. its not fun, its hard for the sake of hard and just plain boring in its locales. I'd love to get to boletaria and the armored spider and all of that, but getting through those stupid catacomb mines is just too boring and annoying to me that it just drops all my drive to continue every time.

Fuck this idea makes me mad.

becasue for some reason only the first Dark Souls was ported to the switch & seeing how that's the only current gen console I own right now playing the others is out of the question

but I've heard Demon's Soul's beats them all so hopefully the other games have a chance of getting on switch too?

Attached: Elf 1700s.png (892x447, 718K)

stale pasta

My PC sucks when it comes to PS3 emulation... As well I still have my PS3 and disk. Also on PS3 you can play on a private server with people too.

Attached: 1304304734860.jpg (800x600, 173K)

It's pretty telling that my average posts are mistaken for pasta due to their timeless quality and high applicability.

is it smooth?

I can't install my new CPU yet because I'm a retard when it comes to upgrading my PC.

>that video where the dude actually hacked the game and explores the town in OP's image
>its relatively detailed

Unadulterated fucking kino.

Attached: 1564970327070.gif (253x253, 3.43M)

It’s because you say nothing among all your word salad which makes your posts applicable to all, relevant to none.

Try being a bit more substantial with your words. Be less of a pussy.

if you want to talk themes, tell me what the theme of dark souls was. everyone knows the theme of demon's souls because they actually had one, but I'm willing to bet nobody in this board has any idea what dark souls' theme was, and that's because it didn't have one.

in everything besides gameplay, it's a series that entirely panders to closet goths. in terms of gameplay, it appeals to tiny-penis people who think they'll find self esteem if they beat ninja gaiden on hard mode.

I don't want to be a "soul hipster" fag, but there really IS just something about Demon's Souls that makes it stand out from the rest.

Demons ran at 30 with framerate drops. A steady 30 is a huge improvement.

Because I played it ten years ago when it came out?

Attached: 1564691978209.png (884x768, 939K)

This, I guess?
youtu.be/tcu34pRbLDk
The same thing happens in DaS with the town you can see from Firelink Shrine, heavily detailed and has actual ground the player can walk on

Like any emulator, there's drops here and there because of the way the shader cache works ie when an effect happens for the first time the emulator "registers" it and assimilates it. So basically the first time you ever activate a ragdoll or destroy a box the game will basically stop for a couple seconds but then you can play for 20 hours and it'll never happen again. I'm fairly sure it's straight up the game that works THE best in RPCS3, and with an i5-4460 and a 1060 6GB it works nearly flawlessly

Damn, makes me wonder if they had intended that area to be playable at one point in it's development.

Not sure what you mean, newtrip. Seems like you're trying to attack me as vaguely as possible so as to make your "argument" unassailable. Seems like you have nothing to say and just want to be included in the conversation. That's okay, you can tag along.

>I'm willing to bet nobody in this board has any idea what dark souls' theme was, and that's because it didn't have one.
It is nobody's fault but your own that you require hand-holding in order to get even the most thinly veiled themes within a video game. We can look at the simplest possible theme present in the game (hierarchy) and see how it is represented in the God's embrace of it with the dark's attempts to subvert and reject it. We can look at other extraordinarily simple (and readily apparent) themes like human nature, cyclic history a la giambattista vico, technology, etc. and see them represented in-game. Plenty of people have also noticed critiques of capitalism in the game, but whether those are intentional is up for debate.

I think you just have a hard time understanding games which are even slightly more complicated than a one-theme game wherein everything in plot and aesthetic is subservient to that theme. Maybe that's why you lash out at a game which outdid it in every conceivable way.

That's what makes it so atmospheric.

>it's bad, so it's good
200IQ posts from the DeS defense force.

I'm a massive twat lol

Runs smoother than a real PS3 for me

Not on PC

dark souls should've done it better it's the fucking sequel, jackass

Pvp != invasions. Nobody gives a fuck if you much grass in an invasion, because the whole point is to be a miniboss for the host to overcome. You're supposed to be a dick. The people who complain about grass in pvp are talking about duels, and people who play Souls for the pvp are retarded.

Infinite fast heals are shitty in invasions too
DeS wasn't actually that bad about it because it had generally high damage and instant backstabs so you could actually kill people without running them out of grass first, or at least get a significant punish most of the time, but it was still annoying as hell for both players to have stacks of dark and new moon grass and just take turns slapping at each other, rolling away and munching until someone either runs out or fucks up really hard
Still not as bad as DaS3's estus at least. Every single invasion in that game is a battle of attrition against a host and multiple phantoms that have 4x your total estus unless they're even more retarded than the average co-op player

Her Roommate just gave her his ps3?
What a nice man.