How good/bad is PSVR with a base (not pro) ps4?

how good/bad is PSVR with a base (not pro) ps4?
I have a few games that I think would be cool to play with it, but didn't know if it'd just be better to wait or maybe get a ps4 pro instead.
Never used VR before either btw so it's not like I have a standard to compare to.
games I have that mite b cool
>Wipeout Omega Collection
>No Man's Sky (they're about to add vr support, and desu for a walking simulator sometimes there are some cool views that I imagine could be cooler with VR
>Ace Combat 7

Attached: psvr.jpg (1200x798, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfUPFBftY0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get the Pro because VR is currently a gimmick meme fad that is already over.

>Get the Pro
why?

PSVR has its own processor, so it doesnt rely on pro or original to effect the games quality.
if anything PS5 might change the requirements for the PSVR (and PSVR2) but we'll see.

>PSVR has its own processor, so it doesnt rely on pro or original to effect the games quality.
ok that's actually kind of neat.
how complicated is the setup, how much space is needed, etc.?

>how much room?
i play on my bed. (its small) you could use more space for some games though. (and job simulator wont work, unless i move the camera really far back. but thats not a game anyways)

set up:
Connect camera, the most annoying part.
Plugging it to the back of the PS4 is fine. getting it to stay on anything, and point in the area you want is annoying.

the PSVR has massive thick cords, which is the main reason you may hate setting it up. (i leave my plugged in, and tuck it away behind the TV, in a box, so theres no set up)
the cords: HDMI from PS4 goes into the processor.
(instead of TV) a new HDMI goes from the PSVR to the TV.
Power cord. and then a USB to the PSVR. (takes up a USB slot, which sucks if u need to charge something, like the wands, which i got used ones, so they die in like 30mins, but got them for $15)

once set up, adjust the "eye spacing" which u try to get the image to be more "clear" and less blurry.

doesn't sound too bad desu

It's ok at best. At first it impresses though, specially if you never tried VR before.

wish there was a way to 'demo' it

It's worth it imo. Most games are trash but there's still enough good ones to make it worth buying (RE7, Astrobot, WipeOut, The Persistence, Firewall and a good bunch of ports). Graphics wise it's obviously not perfect but not that bad either.

>PSVR has its own processor, so it doesnt rely on pro or original to effect the games quality.
That's not true. On Pro some games look a little better, but not by a lot. Things like better aa or higher resolution.

I care more about performance than graphics. If the only difference is a higher resolution/better AA I can live with that

There was. It probably was in display at some store nearby you. But I guess it's too late now. Also the first impression might be not the best. I got motion sick for two days after trying it for the first time.

Plenty of people reached out to sony, and they have been informed there is no difference.
its the sole reason they made the outside processor.
(plus many people have tested it on both with all games, and continue to do it, and still find no differences)

In that case you should be fine with standard. All psvr games run without fps drops on both models.

you can use motion sickness pills to combat the motion sickness.
eventually you get used to it after a week+.
the PRIMARY way to avoid motion sickness, is do not look around while moving.
move, stop, look around, stop looking around, and now you can move again.
this reduces 90% of it.
also, move the screen 1 inch away from your face, and this helps a ton as well.
if you MUST move and look, close one eye, and it also helps a ton.
but eventually this stuff wont bother u, or u take the pills. (i get the cheap walmart crap)

the sickness WILL return, if u stop playing for a few weeks.

There is no outside processor, all it does is the theater mode and (maybe) 3D audio. It doesn't affect the graphics in any way.
There are differences in graphics on standard vs pro in some games, it's easy to lookup on google/yt. I had a slim with psvr before switching to pro and I could clearly see the difference.

I know. I currently spend months without touching it and I don't get any sort of sickness.

I'd honestly just wait for PS5 at this point since everything should be backwards compatible and they'll probably have a better headset.

I didn't do any kind of extensive comparisons but the difference between games running on a base model and a Pro seemed minimal to me.

>this

Bullshit

RE7 VR on PS4 Pro is demonstrably better than on regular PS4

youtube.com/watch?v=yfUPFBftY0Y

Attached: jack.jpg (466x295, 103K)

I own a PSVR and I'd recommend this. There are so few good games coming out in the future and they are so far in between. It also drags the Moves which are a fucking piece of shit.

>moves
Can you just use a regular controller with the headset

Yes, but there are some games that requires moves.