Name a better written gay character

Name a better written gay character

Attached: Arcade_Gannon.jpg (800x572, 132K)

Attached: Veronica_Santangelo.jpg (991x708, 394K)

op

Attached: _gerudo_link_and_link_the_legend_of_zelda_and_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_drawn_by_fishin (1000x1414, 1.86M)

She's completely gay in the Fate route.

Attached: 770fb311f1dfc53ffc4eaaf525d51256[1].jpg (1365x2048, 149K)

kek not even a minute and you got it right

Ah yes the quiet gay, the only Acceptable gay male character since lesbians are privleged gays to be visible in media that isn't gay pandering trash.

More like the non-obnoxious gay who doesn't have to mention how gay he is every 3 minutes to remind you that he's gay and proud of being gay. Also that life is great being gay and that they wouldn't ahve it any other way. Also have you met their gay lover? What you got a problem with them being gay? I'll have you know that this person is proud of being gay.

>More like the non-obnoxious gay who doesn't have to mention how gay he is every 3 minutes to remind you that he's gay and proud of being gay
This, the reason why I consider Arcade to be the best written is cause he's gay, but gay is not what he is.

Why does every western lesbian character look like that lesbian actress?

Bill from the last of us

someones seething

also to answer OPs question Dorian from inquisition, which is an example of a good flamboyant gay character in the sea of failures

Yes exactly because his entire identity isn't built upon being gay but rather his desire as a doctor to make the world a better place. Even Veronica who is gay as well has her identity on being curious about exploring the world and recording her adventures.

No not seething, I am just aware that there's more to writing a gay character than as some outrageous fairy. If you think that's the only way a gay character can be depicted in fiction then you greatly misunderstand gay people and their community in general.

Tell me, what is the alternative?
>"Sup bitches! Wow we just kicked those raiders' cute little asses didn't we?! Oh my gosh I got blood on my chemise lacoste, it took me AGES to find a clean one! Uggh! I just need to drink some vodka to chill for now and then slam some psycho when we go out cruisin' the strip for some ass!"
Is this the alternative? I mean it would be hilarious, but it's not exactly lore friendly.

Ill be honest, Dorian was one of the few good things about inquisition.

Except his personal quest. That was straight (lmao) cancer

>If you think that's the only way a gay character can be depicted in fiction then you greatly misunderstand gay people and their community in general.
I am a gay man dude, and I never said that was the only way to write a gay person.
it's just that critique tends to be a disingenuous front for people who are just mad there are fags in the game so I usually assume that's the case, my apologies if it isn't.
>Except his personal quest. That was straight (lmao) cancer
I disagree, in fact it's the one time that kind of plot line actually fit in a games setting. They already had established in the prior 2 games that the magisters were obsessed with eugenics to create magical ubermensch, so obviously Dorian's dad would be mad his son was gay and wasn't going to go along with the usual political marriage to some women to create more magical superbabies.
If he was from Orlais or something then that plotline would've made no sense, but as a Tevinter dude it worked

What makes them so good when you niggas set the bar so low, with the only criteria being that they don't throw their sexuality in your face?

Characters that do this are shit, but it doesn't make characters that don't good.

Still kinda shit tbhdesudesu

>I am a gay man dude
Post a timestamped pic of yourself sucking cock or GTFO

I can't.
New Vegas nailed the gay characters. I know gay people in real life, and just like hetero people they don't remind you of their sexuality all their fucking time.

This but your own dick would be okay also

That's fair enough, i'm not gay but I ask questions about many things and I listen to what people say. I'm not saying that was the only way to write a gay character but these days it just seems like that's almost the only way someone will write a gay character in fiction pertaining to video games at least these days. When do you ever see someone write about a gay character who's still in the closet struggling with their sexuality for over 40+ years and tries to admit the truth to themselves? Very rarely because that would actually require depth and complexity of character and would actually be interesting to see a character develop on dealing with their own personal struggle.

What made Arcade Gannon great as a gay character was that when you met and learned about his character you viewed him as an actual person and companion to share trials and tribulations with, being gay wasn't even important because you saw them as a person first and foremost. You understood their desires, fears, ambitions and motivations with given time. You find out he has an interesting sense of humour, is idealistic but at the same time knows when those ideals must be set aside for pragmatism and you learn all this generally long before their sexuality was even mentioned and even when pressed on that further you find out that his relationships have always been troubled and gives you further insight on how they view romance and relationships in general.

That's what makes him a great character because he was written so you viewed him as an actual person first and foremost before anything else.