Based companies in vidya

lets list the 1 post at a time starting with
1. Ubisoft (pic related)

2. ?

Attached: jpzolh25epiwi4oqevml.jpg (960x540, 96K)

2. Cyan

hirez studios

ageod

Ubisoft is unironically not bad.

All the dead ones.

ubisoft is the smart but lazy of developers

sony
atlus
falcom

>Ubisoft
>Based
>MXT on single player games
>Released From Dust
Go fuck yourself OP.

Attached: 1540601936978.png (540x298, 325K)

Agreed. They make some seriously good games, the problem is they rehash shit a lot. When they innovate in gameplay or story, it works really well. They also design beautiful and immersive game worlds and know how to write and direct characters very well.

Seems to me the artists and world design team at Ubi are 10/10 while the actual game dev team and writers are mouthbreathing retards.

>write and direct characters very well.
really hit and miss there
we know ubi quebec can't do it

ID Software is as based as a company can be these days. Most studios nowadays are either massive corporate sellouts disconnected from their audiences or are slaves to publishers unable to produce anything of quality.

Yeah, that's fair. I sasn't really thinking about their subsidiaries. The major titles they release which have the full backing of the studio's vast resources are great in those regards, though.

So just incompetent average devs trying to suppress their insecurities through inaction. I don't know about that.

okay, retard

Pretty much.

Attached: IMG_20190401_225727.jpg (2560x1055, 491K)

no, wasted potential developers
look at Unity, great world, very detailed, released way to soon and wasted on a shit story and cheap side content

This. You can see it in the Far Cry franchise more easily. 3 and 5 have good reputations for world quality, content, characters, and plot, but the rest are derided for being derivative and bland with open worlds that lack content. Even retroactively, people tend to prefer 3 over most of the others. 5, while it has its detractors, is generally seen as a huge step up from the dull iterations between it and 3.

Man... Do I play this game? Looks hella comfy

It's not bad but it's not amazing. Main character is cool. Map is fun to explore.

Attached: IMG_20190401_225732.jpg (2560x1055, 614K)

Ubisoft is a terrible game developer, they're a decent publisher, though.

runs like shit

Ok nice. Just to be sure, this is Odyssey - not Origins, right?

origins

Ok, thanks bro. I pirated both anyways but not played em yet

Origins has better story and MC but Odyssey if much, much bigger and has better combat.

Origins, the City of Alexandria specifically. Origins has a lot cooler areas because you get a mix of Greek, Egyptian, and roman aesthetics. And the terrain ranges from desert to Badlands to Savannah to rivers to forests to swamps

Attached: george-vourdoulas-cyrene-city.jpg (1920x1080, 820K)

>much, much bigger
bigger isn't better

Odyssey was better

Attached: 812140_20190501144413_1.jpg (2560x1440, 2.98M)

I preferred shield parrying and blocking in Origins rather than mmo-lite cooldown spells in Odyssey. Kind of ridiculous that the GREECE game is the one with no shield.

>1. Ace Team
>1. Streum On
>1. EasyGameStation

Attached: ace team zeno clash.jpg (1920x1080, 832K)

I really don't think so. Odyssey was way too grindy, all the environments were too similar, the dialogue choices and main character sucked, overall it was just more of a chore to play.

i preferred origins overall but liked alexios better

he was way too one note. Any interaction either goes
>Sarcastic
>Grrrr malaka
>What's the job/job's done

blame that on the writers

I mean yeah, of course I'm going to blame the writers for a boring character. What other option is there?

Odyssey's map is way too big for what it is. It's the same problem that GR Wildlands had.

Digital Extremes.
They have their faults but generally they do at least try and that's more than can be said for most companies.