Now that the dust has settled

now that the dust has settled..
was it good?

Attached: pathologic-2.png (1002x574, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Pathologic/
lparchive.org/Pathologic-(by-HellishWhiskers)/
kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/2357465
old.ice-pick.com/ore10_eng.htm
old.ice-pick.com/ore8_1_eng.htm
old.ice-pick.com/ore9_eng.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=GrdCjpR3GdM
waggish.org/2019/pathologic-2-and-ostranenie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You tell me

nope it was shit and boring
they will take the money and make pathologic 3 "this time it's really completed game you guys!" edition

i got softlocked out of the ending because i took the deal so i dont know

Is there any reason to play the original over this?

unless you want the other two campaigns, not really.
but people are worried that the other two campaigns wont even come out cause this one sold like shit

My GOTY.

>this one sold like shit
[citation needed]

I really hope he is wrong because i absolutely loved the game, easily my goty so far and the best game i have played in last few years, BUT i am afraid he is correct

i mean steamspy says around 20k-50k copies and considering that the kickstarter was like 300k thats not the greatest amount
i absolutely loved the game and its easily the best ive played in years but im afraid it hasnt sold that well at all, and because of that, we might not get the two other routes

Absolutely. It's a great refinement of the original's mechanics, it's created a fantastic game world; it's challenging, it's beautiful, it's dark, it's got moments of despair, moments of triumph, tension and dread. Gameplay is solid and well polished while contributing to the story and the atmosphere perfectly. Definitely worth playing.

It was kino. Reminder to buy the bull and kin are niggers.

Attached: 20190804204304_1.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Based on Pathologic 2 steamdb page it looks like they started working on "marble nest dlc" right after last patch. If it's true I just hope it won't be 1:1 recreation.

Attached: pathologic_art_15.jpg (3197x4477, 3.85M)

oh shit, really? thats fucking cool, i wonder why marble nest though.

The Marble Nest doesn't deserve to be stuck in tech demo and releasing DLC would give them extra money for development so I'm fine with that.

marble nest is absolutely kino and im down with playing it again in the improved patho 2 engine for a few bucks

thread is dead

>was it good?
It is fantastic.

the kind of kino normies will never understand
it still was an awful choice to release haruspex first and name the game Patho 2 instead of, say, Pathologic (2019)

I never actually looked into the marble nest, I thought it was just a short demo?

Attached: 20190804205139_1.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

>it still was an awful choice to release haruspex first
Why?

There's no reason to play either of them because they're both dogshit.

It's standalone spinoff which takes around day 8 of Bachelor's route. It's amazing, go play it.

*takes place

His route is much more alien to someone new to the game, as it throws deep steppe shit at you right from the start. It can be kinda offputting and confusing for someone who didn't play patho 1
Bachelor, on the other hand, is as much of a stranger to the town and its customs as the player, thus he is explained shit that is taken for granted with burakh.
Besides the pacing is better if you play daniil first. You start with what seems an unremarkable town with some weird traditions, but it is only during the haruspex and clara routes that you see how deep the rabbit hole goes

>the kind of kino normies will never understand
Well, that sucks, because the literal pro-gamers and people whos job literally revolves around gaming clearly hated it.
I think "normies" actually are more on board with this game than gaming press is.

It wasn't even a demo, it was a prototype of the game made to showcase at conventions and to the investors. In a typical IPL fashion, however, they somehow COMPLETELY over-did it and ended up making a very good, strange stand-alone narrative with tons of depth on its own.
Because these people have NO clue how to make a game efficently.

>literal pro-gamers and people whos job literally revolves around gaming
People who play normie trash like OW and ASSFAGOTS and game journos that can't beat a tutorial are not people

this, its hard to follow the story and get attatched since nothings explained to you, thats why i was against having bachelor be second. game's still great though.

I really don't think it ended up feeling off-putting in any way.

The bigger "problem" here is a simple fact that Bachellor is a complete newcomer to the town, while Haruspex is someone who was born in the town. Which means Bachellor has everything patiently explained to him. It's a very natural place for a new player to start the game, because he, much like his character, will be confused and stranger to the settings.
Playing Haruspex second then works also better because he, much like the now seasoned player, should be already familiar with the world.

That said, I think they handled it very, very well. And there is one reason why releasing Haruspex first DOES make sense, but most people don't acknowledge it.

elaborate, spoiler tag if you must.

I don't think spoiler tag is necessary:
Haruspex was always a bit of a runt of the liter, if that makes any sense. Clara's path was always the one that was most rushed, but that was because of lack of resources and time. Meanwhile, Haruspex always kinda... did not have that much to do. His story is just the least interesting of the three. They flashed it out a LOT this time around, but I think they did not want to front-load the experience.

Which may be super-sad if it turns out they can't make the other two episodes.

You made the right choice, right Yea Forums?

Attached: 20190804205625_1.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

They do I recall try and use him being away for so long as a excuse for why he might need some things explained to him iirc.

What will Bachelor and Changelings other endings be?

They did make an excuse partially from him being away so long, and partially they simply give the player the option to say "of course I know that" or "just refresh my memory". It really isn't bad, it works well. And I think they managed to squeeze out of his story arch a lot more than the original did.

But this guy as much of an idiots as he is, is kinda on to something. Pathologic 2 deserves a god damn remake already.

I think they have some stranger ideas about the endings this time around, it's pretty clear they don't want to go simply for the same scheme as the original did.

I have a nagging suspicion that in Bachellors route, Clara is planned to fuck everything up, as a sort of a hook for the final campaign.

I'll just use this opportunity, I guess.
Dybowski, I think now, isn't even an interesting kind of bastard. His con at IPL is a completely ordinary one, just unusual for the videogaming industry.

He is an Academia-type professional plagiatrist. A "professor" rephrasing his assistants' inventions in the language of "le mathematical elegance" ("le highe culture") and getting the entire credit for said inventions.

What a piece of trash.

I should really invest the time I invest into thinking about my experience with IPL games somewhere else. Especially since I am basically done with OG Pathologic, Tension and Marble Nest.

tl;dr: fuck this gay shit.

tl;dr2: Alphyna did alright with P2. We'll never see eye to eye, but I can appreciate the pure effort. Seems like she got the short end of the stick eventually just like everyone else. Also, for the first time in IPL history, you, EOP bastards, of EVERYONE else, are reading as canon versions of the texts, as there ever could be.

By the way - replaying P2 a second time now, it really starts to feel like the decision to go Haruspex first is making more and more sense. Or - was making more and more sense. When I look back at Daniil and his campaign, while the first half was more of a logical introduction to the town, the second half fucking WASN'T. The story suddenly pulled all the fucking mistresses and the trans-dimensional rooms and all the metaphysical FUCKERY and it felt completely overwhelming. He did not skim the surface in the slightest. Hell, compared to the shit he has to deal with, Haruspex's story is fucking simple and straight-forward as hell.

I really don't think going for Haruspex first was a poor decision, and that the devs did not know what they are doing. It's a logical sequence: Meat - mind - spirit. Bachellor SHOULD have been the second. It's just that his setup does tricks people into thinking he is the easiest, most approachable of the three stories.

Jesus fucking Christ it's this faggot again...

Yeah, I let Murky die, that stupid plague addled autist

>dont get other two routes
>NO BUT YOU PROMISED DEVS CANT GO BACK ON THEIR WORD NOOOO
>epic steps in to fund the game

my body is ready

Provided you are that badmouthing dude from before. I actually have a question for you.

You see, Alphyna's translations of Pathologic Classic HD, Marble Nest and Pathologic 2 or of a quite liberal, "retell" kind. For Pathologic 2, I have my reasons to believe, that makes sense.

You seem to be hellbent on thinking that 1) Pathologic 2 is intimately related to Pathologic 1 - and 2) It's a straight up improvement on all fronts. Nothing of value was lost, arguably.

Now, did you consider how much of your impression of Pathologic 1 was formed by alphyna's translation?

Did you ever think that maybe, provided you haven't played the original, quite a bit more literal from what I get, translation of the Bachelor's route (which, again, from what I get, is readable, even if rough around the edges). That if you read that translation, the impressions you might've gotten from it would be quite markedly different from those you have gotten from ClassicHD's translation of that route?

Don't you think that something, somewhere might have ended up being lost in translation? Both in case of Classic HD - AND in case of Pathologic 2, although for very different reasons?

Don't you think there might've been A reason I happened to consider alpha, Rehearsal and what I have seen of Pathologic 2 as being highly obnoxious, while you didn't? That maybe we had different experiences? That maybe in my case there was a factor that was missing in your case?

Think about it. Or don't. Fine by me either way.

>Now, did you consider how much of your impression of Pathologic 1 was formed by alphyna's translation?
None. I finished Pathologic 1 with the original, insanely broken translation some six years before HD was even concieved as an idea. Since then, I've been involved with more than one translation attempt, as I happened to be surrounded by Russians on all sides, and by the time HD was released, I already knew multiple different translations of various segments with extensive notes and explanations from various people. This is just another one of your insane delusions, another pathetic attempt to create an air of superiority over fucking nothing.

You.
NEED.
HELP.

Those are the last fucking words I'm going to waste on you.

IPL were once approached by people from Ubisoft at some expo (around release of the marble mest) and they said they're interested in buying them. But since Nikolay would lose his position as lead designer/director he refused.

Also, there is this screenshot LP of the "Changeling"'s route, which was fan-retranslated quite long before the Classic HD was released.

lparchive.org/Pathologic/

Now, naturally, "Changeling"'s route is quite a bit of shitfest, there is no argument about that. But don't you think, that if you maybe ass yourself to actually read through it, and to compare your impressions of it with what you got from ClassicHD - that maybe there would be some sort of difference as well?

Actually, there also seems to be fan-retranslation (pre-ClassicHD) of Haruspex' route as well:

lparchive.org/Pathologic-(by-HellishWhiskers)/

What do you know, a full set. One game. Four different translators. Wanna engage in some comparative analysis any time soon (or at all)?

DELET DO NOT BULLY MY AUTISTIC DAUGHTERFU

>mfw we could have gotten a real remaster but the devs didn't hand the ip to a better studio

could have had AAA pathologic. Its not fucking fair bros.

Good for you, so it's purely your personal bias after all. By the way, you still haven't seen the actual Dybowski's text from Pathologic 2 or Marble Nest, but whatever.

Anyhow, not everyone is as knowledgeable as you are on the game, so these posts of mine from above just might serve another purpose after all.

>Those are the last fucking words I'm going to waste on you.
I highly doubt that. You just enjoy being a prima donna.

Also, your achievements don't really sound all that impressive to me, considering I have read the '"real deal'" on everything, barring Pathologic 2, while you, at the end of the day, read the "next best thing" instead.

thank God

>the Bachelor "route" will just be a Marble Nest Remake
get fucked dandyfags

I think they might be trying to make another aproach to publishers, and the improved Marble Nest might be intended to serve that purpose.

game is great, the other two routes will come out, they've already promised backers. non-backers will probably have to pay for them because of how low the sales are, but if you expected some million seller you're a fool

Attached: dybovsky.jpg (2299x1682, 372K)

I would not expect a million seller, but between 20-50 thousand copies is REALLY bad, even for this small game. It sold less than HD did. And in what seems like a really cruel twist of irony, HD has better fucking reviews than P2.

So you are a backer? You would not be able to provide the source on the promise, would you?

Seriously, I would love to actually see another funding project to happen. P2 is fantastic, but the amount of corners they had to clearly cut is staggering, and I would like to see the other two episodes not suffering the same fate.

>You would not be able to provide the source on the promise, would you?

here, be spoonfed:

kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/2357465

>All eligible backers will (obviously) receive all three stories as they get released, no additional payment or fuss
>For now, we’re unsure how exactly we’ll release the other two stories technically—whether as DLCs or something else. What matters is, they remain as crucial to the overall concept and as content-complete as before, no matter how delivered to you

That is a very old post, that tells us nothing about the state the studio and the sequels NOW. I thought maybe something new was posted on the backer feed, like the recent news that they are, in fact, finally sending out the physical rewards.

>if I don't get new information, even if it is the same information, then it's not true!

kill yourself

Dude, no amount of idealism and beatiful promises is going to change anything if the studio can't pay their employees to work on the episodes. The last news we heard was Alpyna leaving the studio. They game bombed quite fucking horribly. If they simply can't afford making two more expensive parts that sell horribly and the press hates them, then this almost year old promise sadly means NOTHING.

>someone quit
>this means she was laid off due to lack of funds

What exactly is wrong with wanting a update on what the fuck is going on after going quiet save for the backer rewards update?

>A key person integral to the project and arguably second most recognized personality of the studio leaves it after they released a game to very poor reception.
>This does not indicate the project is in very bad spot.
Look, buddy, I fucking hate this as much as you do. And yeah, there is some chance that either they have ALL the text already locked in place, or that she somehow plans to work with them as an externalist, but realistically speaking: it indicates the project is in deep shit far more likely.

S-stop being s-so mean to me Clara

>they said their plan for the other two routes shortly before release
>game is released
>two months later people are screaming that there is no update
>steamdb showing they are working on the game

literally the game just recently came out and had a month of patches and pleb sliders added, one month later and you people are screaming that it's abandoned because they haven't placated (you) with a spoon

^ this

You bitches survived FIVE YEARS of postponing the game but TWO MONTHS after release you're doomsaying about other routes

Consider taking a schmowder

Reposting Dybovsky's essays:

Attached: Danko evading manlet status .jpg (886x1446, 198K)

>steamdb showing they are working on the game
huh

Big City Chad and Naturally High Intelligence route confirmed?

What the FUCK is his problem?

Attached: 20190730013933_1.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

dude meta lmao

He works in a theater, it's a job that attracts assholes

Is this the only time you actually see him existing outside the theater?

It's the best game I've ever played. No joke I feel like it's ruined video games for me. I haven't felt an urge to play another game since I finshed it a month ago. I wish there were more studios pushing the envelope of what gaming could be. Shame about the sales though.

>steamspy
Steamspy died last year, why do you idiots keep using it?

Repostan' analysis of Clara's route again in case someone would appreciate it

First, Nikolay's essays on purpose of vydia as an artistic medium:

Now, the key points of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=GrdCjpR3GdM

>Clara's duality clearly has religious overtones from the very beginning
>there's a reference to christian apocrypha tale in Rubin's dialogue about Shabnak
>Isidor once met a steppe woman whom he asked where she is headed, and she told him she goes to warm people
>there is apocrypha where Saint Peter meets Jesus again after romans start persecuting Christians, Jesus tells him he goes back to be crucified the second time if that's what it takes to save them
>the fact there's a law-of-nature-breaking Polyhedron looming over the Cathedral is obviously Kains breaking 'Thou shalt have no other gods before me' commandment and rebelling against the Old Testament God
>[the cathedral was never meant to be a religious building, published game lore confirms it so he is wrong on this one]
>cue plague
>Clara's duality is Christ's duality as the savior and the ultimate judge of this world
>The Polyhedron is nothing w/o people and the Order of the Bull, even its creators admit it
>yet it mustn't be destroyed because it's humanity's crowning achievement, and termites can't comprehend it
>in another apocrypha Jesus says that it's ok disregard shabbath as long as you know what you're doing
>and kids don't know what they are doing,
>locking yourself inside of an ivory tower in escapist attempt just sucks
cont.

Attached: changeling1.png (533x312, 345K)

>Clara's touch can turn her bound into demigods like Simon was
>also, Kains say that Simon's purpose in the world was to allow Polyhedron and the like to happen
>parallels can be drawn between the sacrifices of the Bound and rebirth in the Bone house from Nikolay's essays
>The Bound would die to be reborn as aurochs, just like Jesus dies a man and reborn a God by willful self-sacrifice
>the fact that we never see Simon's body is a reference to Christ's empty grave
>Bachelor and Haruspex make sacrifices old-testament style, with the Town/the Polyhedron being their lamb
>Clara's sacrifice would allow her 'lamb' to transcend
>The devs are most honest with Clara because she is the only one who might have free will in the game scenario
>she refuses to take sides, steals someone else's destiny and forges her own path
>Clara comes from nowhere and is so full of contradictions every player should decide for themselves who she is - a demon, an afflicted, a saint, or something completely different
>but one can only transcend if he is ready to willingly sacrifice himself for others in the Bone house
>Pathologic was about freedom of will, self-identification and reflection all along

Attached: VcGUhP603HI.jpg (450x650, 101K)

Another analysis, but with Vladimir Propp memes
waggish.org/2019/pathologic-2-and-ostranenie/