Why is everyone so butthurt?

Why is everyone so butthurt?

Attached: Good-Ass-Tekken-Snake-300x224.jpg (300x224, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/1108172584548331520?s=20
youtu.be/H-uhEuOpCFU
youtu.be/h7O4zOXALIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fun is cancelled

Tekkenfags just trying to cope that Evo had no confidence in the game's ability to draw viewers so they resorted to underhanded tactics to spike view counts

Used David Hayter's voice without permission and for deceptive marketing purposes

Who is butthurt people from EVO? David Hayter just kindly informed them not to use his voice like that. Probably because it made a lot of people think he was going to be reprising his role as Solid Snake in some way. He probably had a lot of fans get disappointed and contacting him asking him questions about it.

honestly i'm more confused as to why they did it at all, even as a joke the timing is poor

Pretty much and it might get EVO into some legal trouble with Konami. I like EVO and they generally run smoothly but this is a pretty bad fuckup.

I hope it makes them have to cut games like smash bros and only smash bros

Amen brother.

>using a character you don't have the permission to use to promote your event
>use va's likeness without their permission
>use a voice line that was commission by someone else for themselves personally without their permission

Supposedly its all one massive troll and Hes IN

>highest viewership for a game at evo in it's history
sorry bro but it's here to stay

Solid Snake is on the same level as Link.

Yeah they really fucked up. At the same time, anyone that believed Snake would be in Tekken after being brought back in Smash was a retard

Smashdownie tier joke from EVO

THAT IS BULLSHIT CRAZY

Smash Ultimate only has as much viewership as it does because Melee got unjustly fucked. If Melee was still in EVO then Ultimate wouldn't ever hope to get that amount of viewers.

SEETHING

I hope evo goes under. First they takes melee off the event and then they made that pathetic apology about boobies on their stage.

reread your post and try to realize how fucking asshurt you sound

Yea Forums gets mad about everything

Ultimate is extremely popular right now and I think it would achieve those numbers no matter what. It's still a really boring game to watch and Smash still has the worst commentators out of all the main games at EVO, but given it's popularity, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

so when is yongyea making an hour long video reading other peoples articles on this?

I’d prefer evo drop smash altogether and become smaller again. But mcribs won’t allow it.

>I-IT'S ONLY POPULAR BECAUSE OF HOW BAD IT IS EVERYONE HATES IT
Geez

Attached: 0Q51B2J.png (512x512, 144K)

Meleefag seething

Hahahahahaha

>promote your event
Wasn't it privately shown only to people at the event, not even streamed online
I don't see how anyone has a case against them seeing how it wasn't advertised as a draw-in or anything

Using somebody else's assets for marketing purposes. Now they might get fucked.
Hilarously enough I doubt Konami or Hayter would have had a problem with this if they asked for permission.

Unironically cope.

Suck down the newest corporate releases, faggot.

Did people forget those times SF Top 8 (and maybe some other games) was on ESPN2 (and Disney) or are they just counting Twitch viewership?

People thought we were getting Solid Snake in Tekken instead we got some forgettable looking black guy.

>Reject the new corporate release because I said so
Very compelling

Harada is going to end up asking for Venom snake or liquid because of what hayter did

this is all just a coverup, snake is actually coming but since they leaked it they decided to delay the announcement until the tournament in thailand

Konami 100% would not have allowed it. Hayter obviously wouldn't have minded

This. David was firm but fair. As long as legal action only goes as far as don't do this again or we release the hounds I am happy. It's all been handled alright, no more need for these threads

It was meant as a joke, but it just wasn't really funny. That's my gripe with it.
Some 40 year old actually thought that dropping an unrelated Big Bang Theory-tier MGS reference mid finals would make people laugh, and that's just sort of sad to me.

Attached: 1539802774004.jpg (930x916, 71K)

It has something to do with Metal Gear being dead since 2015, and Konamifags still coping with the fact.

David hayter has become a bitter assblasted faggot since he got dropped by Kojima. If that hadn't happened he wouldn't bitch about shit.

Attached: 1232638723572.png (222x227, 12K)

Why is Snake even in Smash? He doesn't fit the tone and he's not even a Nintendo character

>EVO makes what is essentially a YoutubePoop
>SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE

Attached: 1525260189874.jpg (878x1024, 117K)

Attached: 1564981390276.png (642x595, 70K)

Kojima is friends with Sakurai and wanted him in. That's about it.
They were considering fuckin James Bond in Melee so it's not much of a stretch to put Snake in.

David Hayter is a faggot. The fact that he A. Cares that much and B. Think he owns solid snake because he did the voice is hilarious. Fuck him. His constant crying since it was confirmed he wasn't in V has been utterly pathetic and I have very little respect for him.

Attached: 517854900448.jpg (541x960, 48K)

I'm mad butthurt because I've been thinking about Snake as a crossover since the Noctis reveal. I think he'd be a great fit and I'd lose my shit over him especially if they used David Hayter as the VA rep considering Tekken doesn't have regional voices.

It ruined the Zafina, Leroy, and Season 3 reveal for me because I was anticipating Snake the whole time. It's really sad because I love Tekken and I'm one of the people who wanted Zafina to come back. I'm super excited about the game continuing with season 3, but at the time I was tunneled in on Snake being announced and it never game. Really soured my enjoyment of the reveals, the top 8 was great though. Happy to see Knee and Arslan met twice in top 8.

Because Nintendo wants me to buy their shitty party game.

>fake reveal
Literally only retards thought that was a reveal, but this is a Twitter comment so...

Why did they even do it? It's not funny, it's just confusing.

>twin snakes
>from one of the best franchises in gaming and an icon

>Wasn't it privately shown only to people at the event, not even streamed online
Then how did everyone on Yea Forums see it when it happened you dipshit?

>zero fanfare
>no official logos
>not anything Tekken related
>just a FGC meme line
>not even shown on stream
yeah bro spoiled

Melee had a good run, but its ultimately unneeded

just like how everyone whines CREDIT, CREDIT THIS MEME now. shits fucking ruined

EVO ruined Namco's announcement by teasing a character way more exciting than what they actually had, without permission
The voice actor thing is secondary, the Snake tease was a much bigger dick move

Jebaited

>Literally only retards thought that was a reveal

Then what it is?
A joke without a punchline?

>Literally only retards thought that was a reveal
I was just baffled myself
I could get why people would think so consideing the amount of fuck ups this evo, someone would think it was some fatfinger mistake

This.
Also not having the presence of mind to realize that everyone expects crazy character reveals at EVO, and pulling the rug out from under them by NOT being a reveal, just leaves everyone with a bad taste in their mouth.

He owns the voicelines he made Yes,retard.

People uploaded from on site, are you stupid? Have you not even seen the footage? None of it is on anything but shitty phone recording dude

Wasn't Melee a side event at EVO this year? Why didn't Melee get 100k viewers if it was so popular?

One or two absolute comedians thought it would be funny, and the people running EVO are such tightly-knit FGC buddies that no one had the courage to tell them no.

Not him but that only happened by people uploading private videos of the clip. It didn't actually show on the official Evo stream but you could hear the codec sound.

MGVs final chapters never came.

>commission a VA to say a line
>use the line in a video
>VA takes the video down because even though it was paid for by someone else, he still owns the line
yeah ok lol

Konami owns Solid Snake, and all that. Konami could make a deal and never inform Hayter and it would be held up.

It's literally his voice being used without his permission, of course he's not gonna like it.

Funny how the commentators were wondering what the fuck was that noise

Jews hate fun

You obviously weren't here for the Tekken top 8 because Yea Forums flipped out over the audio.

You'd have to be fucking retarded to think this was a good idea.

How was this even close to a ytp you dumb fuck?

>A joke without a punchline?
Yes welcome to the FGC dude

How? see

Can people like this just go away?

Attached: PoCPLS.png (930x1493, 397K)

He'd like it if he was still Snake in MGS5. He has turned into a pure salty faggot since.

FUCK VOICE ACTORS
literally niggers in human form, is there any way to generate generic pain voicelines for a game without an actual voice?

Yes I was, people were talking about the codec noise thinking it was a trailer reveal for Snake. Which was odd because it came right after loser's finals

He's a voice actor you retard. Using his voice without permission or compensation is literally stealing his work.

Markman was in on it, Aris was not.
In fact I think markman was the one with the voiceline commissioned. What a dipshit.

Markman knew what it was, Aris didn't. He had that voice clip commissioned for his twitch stream.

Give source that they actually payed for that.
So far I'm seeing is that they stole someone else's commission and without consulting with atleast konami on using it for commercial use.

This isnt fair use,it's copyright infringement for profiting off someone else's work

It's was still a PUBLIC exhibition, which is the same as broadcasting it live on TV/internet as far as the law is concerned.

Well personally, I'm glad those decisions aren't made based on what would make you happy.

It was meant as a joke and the reason he doesn't find it funny now is because he got dropped fucking hard by Kojima. Get real.

>

Markman was absolutely the one who commissioned the voiceline and did the joke. I love how fucking panicked he got when Aris kept mentioning it too.

>that was just something for the fans here bro dont mention it!

user I
twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/1108172584548331520?s=20

Thousands of people watching the stream and at the event didn't know that David said that line for one of the EVO commentators and not as a precursor to a crossover reveal. It also didn't help that tekken 7 has multiple crossover characters so it was possible for Snake to be a new character for season 3.

That's a lot of cope.

Yes I did dude, it literally cut to Markman saying it's just a thing for the people here at EVO after the codec call happened.

I take back my statement.
However they still arent free to just use it and profit of it

>Using his voice without permission or compensation is literally stealing his work
>no permission
>no compensation
Explain to me how you think they stole David Hayter saying 'Good ass Tekken'. Do you think the line fell from the sky? That they recorded it in his sleep? Unironically how do you suppose this line came into existence?

>mark paid hayter for a voice clip
can cakekike get anymore pathetic?

>you arent allowed to depict anyones voice you paid for
damn bro Tyrone and Rog Rogerson have got a LOT of Youtube ad revenue they can cash out on

>after the codec call happened
You mean the call that they played on STREAM so that people no there in person could hear? Fucking moron.

Hey fucktard, if you're going to do a prank like this better make sure there's no way for that info to get outside your little controlled environment.

BLAZING

Hoe's mad his 18-yo game is not anymore at EVO, considering no game that's been 10yo+ from release isn't in mainline EVO? Hell, you had your chance to prove non-believers wrong with Melee's sidegame, but it only got 25K views.
Not even DBFz got a cut that bad, and that game in Saturdays managed to pull a total of 115K views.

Attached: 1522442466774.gif (240x257, 673K)

Some guy commissioned it to use in his stream. Not at an event.

>bro im so mad smash is in evo i wish only the games i liked were there

how does it feel being retarded

KEK what's next, fucking mario party
kill yourself

see Literally all of this is thrown out the window because none of it was depicted on-stream. No character, no likeness, no line

All you get is a codec ringtone played over the speakers (not through to the direct stream audio). Feel free to go back and watch the stream if you want, it's after the Losers Finals

"I only stole his car as a joke, the reason he doesn't find it funny now is because he got dropped of his job"

This becoming a drama is literally why esports should fuck off.

>mario party is comparable to a 1v1 competitive game

thanks for proving that youre retarded

>Literally all of this is thrown out the window because none of it was depicted on-stream. No character, no likeness, no line
Except it was used at the venue as a promotion you dumb fuck. Imagine they did this with Mickey Mouse, they'd be in court right now.

They actually can if they want to.

David Hayter lost his voice or the ability to say that line in the same way he'd lose posession of his car? Nice retardation.

Except this stunt was offline, it wasn't part of their stream and thus shown before the dlc reveals

>some guy
You mean one of Tekken EVOs main organisers, Markman? You know you can actually commission these people to say lines for you right? You don't have to supply a reason, you only have to agree not to sell/use the line for profit

>LOL ITS JUST A JOKE GUYS

It won’t be a joke when both Namco and Konami sues their asses for creating fake hype during the fucking tournament that will end in disappointment because he isn’t there.

every dumb loser that doesn't know anything about anything has a voice, including the incels in previous threads

>Smash still has the worst commentators out of all the main games at EVO
somebody didn't watch Soul Calibur.

Then why did the codec sound play on stream?

It’s not a promotion if it wasn’t promoted or promoting anything.

Attached: 33e.jpg (442x330, 28K)

>promoting your event specifically and solely to the people who are already at that event
Yeah okay retard

I can smell you through my monitor

>That was some Good Ass Tekken
heavy cringe

Wow we've got some real fucking geniuses ITT

Are you saying all of this outrage is because a ringtone was heard over the on-stage speakers?

Who give a fuck. No one plays Tekken, no gives a shit about Hayter anymore.

take a shower

BATH DELIVERY

Attached: 85E618F9-BD7A-4417-89FB-F51555788C64.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Imagine caring about characters in fighting games. A genre that's barely alive to begin with.

Because the actual character reveals were boring shit compared to the fake one.

>its a metal gear fighting game made by tekken devs

man melee is a great game but jesus christ the melee community is so fucking autistic and pathetic

Drink bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

So everyone is a dragunov clone with bees or lightning gimmicks?

>I have no argument
>but I must shitpost

Attached: 1537351031549.png (458x856, 217K)

>completely unrelated thing happens
>LOL THIS SHOULD KILL SMASH

Attached: 1564289753436.jpg (290x274, 49K)

Long live the king...

Attached: evo.jpg (1312x738, 212K)

youtu.be/H-uhEuOpCFU

Feels good knowing melee will die in my lifetime

Attached: BD6500B4-9F79-4580-BBA0-34D630CF547E.png (551x713, 515K)

>post YFW we no longer have to deal with smelee autists at EVO

Attached: stocking2.png (1038x1557, 772K)

Seething

>Yea Forums suddenly likes Hayter again
what happened?

>the inferior, sickly version wrongly kills the superior, grassroots version in order to steal its power/fame and people think it's a natural progression
very accurate image

>had to go out of their way to attack UNIST & Samsho’s Grand Finals & claim they were boring just to keep relevant
>attacked Samsho’s character variety throughout the entire tournament
>claimed watching Leo do a full six-game rape when Tweek was one match from victory wasn’t something to watch
>keep saying that they’ll just prove all of EVO wrong at the next major this week
This weekend felt like Christmas to me.

Attached: FA80DB0B-8869-4EA0-8A52-2BD282D5F39B.gif (242x164, 724K)

Seethe harder smeleefag

>Melee doesn't need EVO!
>Evo NEEDS Melee!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE FUCKING STATE OF MELEEFAGS! They actually thought that Evo would die if they didn't get to see Fox vs. Fox on Final Destination for millionth time in a row. They deserve this shit for stealing Skullgirls' spotlight. Kermit was fucking right.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-04 Rod Breslau on Twitter Smash Bros Ultimate has set the record for the highest (598x668, 324K)

>mfw Nintendo pulled their announcement because of this amateur hour stunt
EVO isn't worthy of smash lmfao

Attached: 1519533621615.gif (500x364, 983K)

Great shitpost FGCuck

Being a little bitch won't bring Melee back.

>Fox vs. Fox on Final Destination
this is what it's like to have years old dated intel?

Why is Yea Forums like this?

wtf is just chatting

it's the category they added so women don't even have to have the pretense of playing video games anymore to show off their tits

Fucking this, who the fuck cares about zafina? I was only excited because I actually thought we would get snake

Go check how many views Melee had on it's side tourney compared to Ultimate then. You don't see Super Turbo fans demanding their game be on the main stage. Why can't you people just move on?

Attached: You threw in the wrong end of the bait.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>attacked Samsho's character variety
As opposed to Fox and Fox and Fox and maybe Falco and Marth? Melee fags will never learn to get over themselves.

Because they have this superiority complex, Melee means the fucking world to these retards. Just look at how Hungrybox reacted when he found out Ultimate was taking Melee's place. He looked like he just saw his dog get run over.
youtu.be/h7O4zOXALIY

Attached: 1447369700751.jpg (960x720, 74K)