Super Mario Sunshine is the worst 3D Mario game

Super Mario Sunshine is the worst 3D Mario game.

Attached: Super Mario Sunshine.png (250x348, 179K)

Funny way to say Mario Galaxy

That's not galaxy.

Actually it's spelled "3D Land". Sunshine's only bad notes are the last level and too many Blue Coins.

odyssey is worst, but sunshine is pretty darn close.

>No reward for getting all the stars
Yup, worst Mario.

I agree with OP

*best

Gladium coming here to throw some truthpills.
Following is the objective list for how every 3D mario should be ranked:

1. Super Mario Galaxy 1
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. Mario 64
5. Sunshine
6. World
7. Land

Fuck off

U get that sick ass hawaiian shirt and sunglasses

I'd say it's an achievement when even the "worst" game in your series is still really fun

Super Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario game.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this
Sunshine's core movement is fun

>sunshine is the worst because i said so

it's an ok-to-good game but a shit mario

/thread

Anyone have a mega for this? Can't find it on my usual torrent sites

Sunshine was the black sheep of 3D mario games but still is top 3 for me. If you prefer gigantic levels you can freely roam around, you will like Mario 64, Sunshine, and Odyssey, and if you prefer mostly linear obstacle courses you'll prefer the Galaxy games. 3D world and land were absolutely shit and ranking them above the other 3D mario games is a sign of weak and insignificant genetalia/being a zoomer.

Objectively, Mario 64 is the best because it has the best movement and is the most accessible and compact.

Odyssey and Sunshine are neck and neck for spot 2 because while Odyssey is a bigger more beautiful game, Sunshine is cozier. Both have faults, like Odyssey being way too easy and moons being given for literally anything, where Sunshine was more compact but Blue coins were absolutely dogshit, and the fluud, while fun, wasn't better than just having a classic mario to control.

Galaxy and Galaxy 2 weren't bad at all, but they aren't too comparable to 64/Sunshine/Odyssey because they are literally linear obstacle courses, save for a few galaxies. If you prefer that type of game, you will always rate them higher than the giant open world collectathons. All 5 are fantastic games, and 3D world and land suck donkey asshole

Yes it is, but the worst 3D Mario is still a good game

That's not luigi's mansion.

Galaxy 2 > 64 > Galaxy 1 > Odyssey > Sunshine

Haven't played land/world.

correct.

There is literally NOTHING on this board I hate more than Sunshinefags. I can smell them from behind my monitor, they stink of pretentiousness, of faggotry. You just know that they think they're doing their due diligence as epic Yea Forumscore "Gaymurs" by picking the obscure Mario title on their least popular system to boost their fragile Nintendobabby egos.

>64? Too ubiquitous!
>Galaxy 1 and 2? It's on the Wii, it's casual!
It's embarrassing the mental gymnastics that these retards go through to justify their edgy opinions, Sunshine is simply the worst 3D Mario.

>B-b-b-ut muh aesthetic, muh comfy!
"No". It looks like a music video directed by McG, the saturation is ugly, the camera is wonky and unresponsive. The level design? Simply abhorrent, repetitive and creatively bankrupt. The blue coins are a tedious fetch quest that have little bearing on the levels. The levels themselves, either too big or too vertical.

>B-b-b-ut muh music
Acapella is for fedora wearing retards and the tropical shit is trite. Galaxy and 3D World are far better in regards to music and if you suggest otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant or are completely aesthetically challenged.

>Whatever man, just like lay off and let me have my opinion

You FUCKING FAGGOTS have gone on too long without being challenged on your like for this piece of shit game. You revel in this title's mediocrity like a badge of honour.

Attached: 1563239324258.png (482x409, 319K)

Thats really not saying much. That's like sayng Wind Waker is the worst 3D Zelda game.

Holy shit. An impeccable list.

Attached: 1540920775462.jpg (168x145, 13K)

Wind Waker has its problems but it's not the worst 3D Zelda. Skyward Sword is.

Yeah it's pretty horrible.

Odyssey is far and away the worst, still an OK game overall but compared to other 3D Marios, not really.

It's the third worst 3d zelda.

There's nothing wrong with being the worst out of something that is consistently good.

Sunshine isn't consistently good however. It's got awful level designs, contradictory mechanics, and the most fatiguing atmosphere of any mario game.

thanks doc.

Sunshine would have been better if it wasn't so linear. You're given a whole area to play around in but there's no chance to collect shines out of order or skip any (other than the bonus 8th shine). You have to beat all 7 main shines in all the areas if you want to beat the game. It's a shame too because this is honestly the only thing holding the game back. The controls are amazing and the FLUDD mechanics are really cool, but it will never top 64's sheer freedom in collecting stars out of order and at your own pace.

Odyssey is pretty cool too but there's honestly way too many shitty filler moons in the game for it to be fun to collect them all.

Better than the massively overrated 64

It truly was, had a lot of those shitty ass grab all the coins in the middle of this clusterfuck to get the sprite levels.

Sunshine is easily the best one.

based, but also cringe.

The problem there is that there just aren't enough levels for there to be much opportunity for nonlinearity. Sunshine needed more development time.

Sunshine has the best movement in any Mario game and the FLUDD is genuinely a fun gimmick.

Sunshine=64>Odyssey>>>>Galaxy>>>>>>>>>Galaxy2
Linear levels are for smoothbrains with poor spatial awareness.

zoom zoom

>Dislikes linear levels
>Sunshine tied for first

Sunshine's core movement is the best a 3D Mario has had (I haven't played odessy yet tho).
Fludd was lame, and should've just been a normal powerup, and the cleaning aspect was stupid. A lot was rushed.
The cutscenes were horrible.
Somehow it ended up remaining a pretty fun game.

Attached: (You).png (257x196, 8K)

Awful level design? The only level id say was meh was gelato beach, all the rest are great.

Sunshine levels aren’t linear just because they have a goal. You can still get to those goals in multiple ways.

>I'm a chuckster!

Best Mario

Don't thank me until I've given you your daily dose boy.

Attached: dailydose.gif (329x302, 67K)

*cough cough*
You now remember this game exists.

Attached: 3dland.jpg (684x1024, 97K)

still better than sunshite

At least subshine is talked about
3D land may as well not exist.

There hasn't been a good 3d Mario since

That's the most popular opinion, though. You need to be more contrarian in order to fit in here.

Tripfag is ignored

everything being spaced out and empty to justify the shitty addition of fludd was the worst part of the game.