F.E.A.R

>14 years old
>still unsurpassed as the greatest FPS of all time
what went wrong?

Attached: FEAR.jpg (1024x768, 534K)

>office buildings and canals: the game
>greatest anything

Attached: 1469660033410.gif (250x250, 1.5M)

the office building setting is easily the coolest possible setting for a shooter with horror elements. sewers not so much, boring as fuck.

expansion environments were great

But that’s Half Life 2 that’s still unsurpassed

Close but not quite.

Attached: 1558665069463.jpg (266x374, 26K)

Consoles crippled AI development and interactive environments.( I am at the end of Perseus Mandate btw. it gets really tiresome at the end. The original game is still the best I think)

FUN SHOOTING SECTION!
shitty horror section
FUN SHOOTING SECTION!
disgusting horror section
FUN SH-
fuck you, another horror section.

FEAR is garbage.

the horror sections are good

Consoles

The sequels were garbage, and as great as the combat was, it did suffer from padded out enviroments and repetitiveness. Also, Perseus Mandate.

Also, the twist were you're one of Alma's kids is dumb. Why do you even play as the Pointman, then?

>Consoles crippled AI development and interactive environments
You do realize there is a Xbox/ps3 port of F.E.A.R maybe quit blaming consoles and blame lazy devs/publishers along with rising development costs

Hey, at least it's fuck as fuck to have a shoot out in an office.

>Perseus Mandate
I see your argument, but I raise you one Extraction Point.

Can't argue with that. My one gripe is that Steam now only lets you buy the first game when it's the complete bundle, and that means also having to get the awful sequels.
I don't know why the fuck this is the case, considering GOG lets you buy the first one standalone just fine.

Yeah, I have no fucking clue why you're forced to buy the bundle if you want even just one single title from the FEAR franchise. It's retarded as fuck. And it's only Steam that does this too.

Style over substance. Graphics have gotten pretty amazing, while AI stood still. Games that release today still have worse AI than FEAR, a 14 year old game. All this while AI is objectively much more important for gameplay, but fancy graphics have been confirmed my marketing research to sell more copies.

Offices were great.

Attached: C08E1110-549B-4A12-AF27-ED95D5B67CD0.jpg (625x773, 60K)

I don't even get why. We've hit a point in gaming where graphics are borderline photorrealistic as shown in things like RDR2 but you still have enemies that aren't only generic thugs for the sake of token combat, but all they can do is duck behind cover or stand still while firing at you.

Attached: 1555529475114.png (350x350, 48K)

>FEAR is overrated shi-

Attached: FEAR shotgun.webm (1244x700, 2.87M)

Which came years AFTER the game was already out and developed for PC. Coincidentally it was also a very inferior experience. Don't post if you don't know shit

It was released literally one year after the initial Pc release and the 360 version was definitely in line with the Pc version l played through the Pc version first can’t speak to the quality of the Ps3 version.

Windows
NA: October 18, 2005
Xbox 360
NA: October 31, 2006

Okay so 1 year then, doesn't change anyting I said

>when you hit quickload not because you died but because you feel you could pull off the section with more style
This and the first Max Payne are really the only games I can think of that did this to me.

The 360 was considered fairly powerful at the time the 360 port of fear wasn’t cut down it was in line with mid-high settings. I know Pc users love to blame consoles but the reality is consoles are the reason you even get games and it’s the developers of the games that decide how optimized for Pc the games are if you want better ports/exclusives ask the people that make the games.

Dishonored also does this.
I remember just quickloading because I thought I could kill a set of enemies with more flair.

>the greatest FPS of all time
Wrong, motherfucker.

Attached: 1563249268466.gif (100x100, 144K)

You absolute fucking moron, Fear 2 was a shitty dowgrade precisely because of consoles and is just one in the long list victims

offices were the shit its such a great setting for dark fire fights hiding behind desks and shit. you seem gay to me

Attached: 220px-Janeway_Season7.jpg (220x269, 15K)

>It's been 7 years since FEAR 3
>The only chance of more FEAR is probably a reboot

Attached: 1544601028523.png (500x398, 28K)

Can’t even get the dates right calling anyone a moron. Sony/M$ didn’t make the game and didn’t publish the game WB was the publisher it was their decision what platforms it would be on and how much dev time the Pc version got your anger is misdirected publishers are the ones that make the decisions.

>the greatest FPS of all time

Attached: Blood train level 3.webm (578x360, 2.95M)

>MUH AI
I hate FEAR purely for the fact its fans fellate it for how marvelous the AI is just because it's verbose.

To be fair, a reboot is probably necessary considering Alma isn't even fucking scary anymore if she ever was. For one, she's not even an antagonist to the MC anymore. In a proper FEAR game something that is constantly trying to antagonize the player would be best, one that doesn't switch sides.

Fear 2 was a repurposed console spin off, the real, PC exclusive Fear 2 got scrapped
Just shut the fuck up retard

/thread

Attached: Russian v's top 100.png (1600x816, 970K)

Mid-late 2000s had the best FPSs. At least we have Doom Eternal to look forward to.

Attached: Prey2006Bagogamescover.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

>late
2007 was really the cutoff

just post deus ex and fallout nuvegas already to complete the holly trinity of o/v/erated shit games

Prey was mediocrity incarnate.

Do you have autism? WB scrapped it not Sony publishers used to release Pc specific versions all the time like 007night fire but dev costs have gone up and now it’s cheaper to make one version and scale it. Once again it’s publishers that decide the development of Pc ports/games. M$ doesn’t go around saying hey don’t make that Pc game.

say that to my face, motherfucker and I will shank you!

Attached: nu pagadi.jpg (500x500, 46K)

>non pc-games on that list
that's not a real russian list

Chronicles of riddick is the superior FPS

I remember 14 years ago game used to get a shit load of expansions.
Most of them were fucking shit, look at poor painkiller.

No shit publishers only go for the money, retarded children are the majority and the majority of them are on consoles

>tfw still have FEAR and its expansions in my library before Steam removed them from their store

Attached: 1553224512539.jpg (610x616, 122K)

>14 years old
>still a mediocre linear corridor shooter with repetitive encounters and no enemy variety

Attached: Nade_Jumps.webm (560x404, 2.97M)

Your missing the point consoles have little or nothing to do with state of Pc development. High development cost,piracy and lack of effort on the developers part are actually factors. All consoles do is give Pc users access to more games.

Why would you play this and not Powerslave EX?

because EX is based on the simpler PS1 version with worse enemy design, simplified levels and uglier lighting. It also uses an inaccurate world collision model making it so you can't dodge enemies in certain spaces, making it the worst version of the game.

plutonia?

What game is this?

It's still there, you just have to buy the trash sequels too.

Powerslave on Sega Saturn

Got any more webms?

I thought there were only 2 version and he ported the superior one to PC

Attached: powerslave-ex-pc.webm (720x405, 2.86M)

played it last week for the first time and it's not that great.. most of the games age like milk

Kaiser isn't known for his accurate & quality ports, he didn't finish his work on it just like his work on bloodEX is still a mess.

Is there any way to play this in current year?

best choice:
back up on a saturn
second best choice:
back up on a ps1
third choice:
powerslave EX on PC
emulate saturn version
bad choice:
PC DOS version
PS1 emulation

"prey" >>>>>>>>>>> prey

ur a pleb