SQUARE ENIX FINANCIAL RESULTS

GET IN HERE

Attached: IMG_20190806_075758.png (480x598, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qAIrj_Vqdfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1/3

Attached: IMG_20190806_075917.png (1179x851, 126K)

why should I care?

why should I worry?

Attached: IMG_20190806_080020.png (480x568, 120K)

2/3

Attached: IMG_20190806_080144.jpg (1195x839, 120K)

so what does this say? they only profited 270 yen?

They're doing lots of profit thanks to HD games and XIV

Attached: IMG_20190806_080324.png (480x589, 117K)

good shit, can I see the loss now?

>finally announce the FFVII remake people have been waiting on for ages
>release one of the highest performing MMO expansions of all time
>do a crossover event with Capcom's fastest selling game
>>>>>>>>>>forecast is still down
How? They literally couldn't have done any better.

Attached: example-81535.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

3/3

Attached: IMG_20190806_080458.jpg (1199x849, 158K)

Look for some Nintendo results if you wanna see loss.

Probably cause marketing and investing in their games

Attached: IMG_20190806_080630.png (480x514, 51K)

Attached: 1564733598128.jpg (750x570, 88K)

good to see XIV doing well, what a long ride it's been since 1.0's failure shut down the game.

Attached: shb.jpg (492x395, 51K)

ff8 remaster WHEN

Attached: 1518301318870.gif (220x178, 1.47M)

Funny how XIV went from the worst thing ever to dethroning WoW.

October or November

Attached: final-fantasy-vii-remastered.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

yes, that's great and all, but can you chinks finally release ff1 and ff2 on steam?

thanks

It's not hard to dethrone a withering corpse

So basically, we should be expecting more ports and remasters. If this means we're getting more old game that otherwise are avaible only for emulation on modern systems, fine by me. They're doing a fine job with SaGa and Mana so far, so why the fuck not.

Attached: 1555182274553.png (900x900, 79K)

>still not Dissidia game for pc and no that shit that's right now doesn't count

It was more on Blizzard for destroying their own game than Square Enix fixing XIV desu

All thanks to PS4

So FFXIV is coming to Xbox One soon yeah? Microsoft going to bend their rules like they did for FFXI where you didn't need a Gold account to play online?

Lmao, just like with Ubisoft and Bethesda

9/9/19 is my guess to coincide with these the original us release date.

Microsoft does little shit to SE's profit

lol

Yup, they didn't bother to release a physical release for Automata

BRING DRAGON QUEST X TO THE WEST YOU ASSHOLES

Chrono remasters and sequels incoming

Parasite eve 1&2 port when?
I'd even take it with third birthday slapped onto it

not to mention they no longer have to shovel money into FFXV to try and keep that mess afloat

XV DLC sold pretty well and they're still supporting Comrades

Attached: 1540395804652.png (936x1440, 3.41M)

The sad thing is with the success of FFXIV they'll be taking more money out of it and giving it to dumb shit like the FF7R instead of investing more into FFXIV.

wow, with all this profit maybe we can get a new tactics ogre game :)

I have no idea what's the state with the license for Square right now. They were so fucked up when it was time to make the 3rd birthday but they could squeeze an Aya Brea poster in the FFVII Remake trailer, so beats me what they can do.

>and they're still supporting Comrades
Is Comrades getting new content? I actually really liked it at launch, minus the insane load times, but never went back to it.

what video game company doesn't take money from other projects to invest in new projects

It would be dumb of time to take resources and funds from a cash cow such as FFXIV and give it to failing projects.

Square is notorious for doing this since the SNES era, but the most famous case is Xenogears on the PS1 suffering because of FFVIII.

it's easy to support a MH Ripoff when they make it stand alone

It's still good

This.
Both Bamco with God Eater and Tecmo Koei with Toukiden manage to have them being successfull despite not managing to attract as many people as Monster Hunter.

The reason it's not on Xbox is because they didn't allow cross play when they were top kupo last generation. Pretty hilarious in retrospect.

>It's still good

I will confess, I never played Comrades. After doing research I gathered that it was a MH Ripoff using XV's combat system.

I did not like XV's Hold O to win "combat" system. Also, why play a MH Ripoff when I have MH World?

>Square Shittex

CAPCOMCHADS WHERE YOU AT?

Man Japanese stocks sure suck
with that low EPS

Cope

To be fair its not hard to dethrone a corpse.

>muh Japan
>literally fraction of NA and EU sales
It's the same with Sega and Fatlus yet we're being treated as 2nd rate citizens. They should've nuked them more.

if only they made actual good games

SPROUTS RISE UP

Attached: 1572395892357.png (903x975, 1.3M)

Not talking about Xbox

I hope the increased Western interest d in dragon quest leads to plenty of rereleases of the spinoffs
Especially dragon quest swords: the masked queen and the Tower of mirrors, apparently joycons can emulate pointer controls with gyro. Granted I think the only game to do so so far is captain toad so maybe it won't work so well with a faster game like swords.

Yeah but usually you give a decent budget to the stuff that makes the big bucks.
Pokemon and ffxiv are really the only notable exceptions right now.

I was hoping for Monster Joker 3, but with everyone dropping the 3DS now it's more impossible than ever.

Attached: 1548403490833.jpg (644x800, 123K)

good man

>>>>>>>>>>>forecast is still down
Because Square Enix is retarded and they've been bleeding money.

KINGDOM HEARTS ON PC WHEN?
I sold my ps4 after i beat KH3 cuz it's the only thing i liked on that shitty console.
Bring HD collections and 3 to pc.

See

>Funny how XIV went from the worst thing ever to cloning WoW.

it's amazing how quickly based nomura made square bounce back from how tabata ruined them. kino hearts 3 truly is the game that saved square.

When Disney will decide to have its gaming division make sense again, it all depends on them reaching a consense with Square.

But even so, i'd personally prefer to prioritize first games that had not been localized or were too old, like Bahamut Lagoon or LiveaLive.

WOWCHADS WHAT DO WE DO SQUARE IS BECOMING TOO POWERFUL

Attached: 1504538183756.jpg (562x472, 132K)

don't forget YoshiP keeping the company afloat with XIV until they decided to kill off XV and KH3 being released

Funny how no one had done it before though. Do no underestimate wowdrones.

>World
You were not playing Monster Hunter at all.

Attached: 2019051001503400-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 317K)

You really think they will bother re-releasing old ass SNES games?

>You were not playing Monster Hunter at all.

except World is a MH title. Just because because it jumped ship from Nintendo (back) to Sony doesn't make World NOT a MH game

Is there a better redemption arc in this industry?

Attached: Ifyoucouldwouldyoutakeanotherstep.jpg (467x1200, 145K)

SD3 and RS3 are getting remasters and a remake for the former, so i'm open to anything right now.

>not dead yet
what a shame

front mission remaster or riot

I wish FF7R would be good, but of all people to direct the game, they chose fucking Nomura. I have low, low expectations. I want to like Square Enix but they make some of the most dumb fucking decisions, and their western game departments are pretty awful as well. Somehow Tomb Raider games from 1999 have better story, gameplay, music, and atmosphere than any of the three reboots, Just Cause is boring as shit, and they fucked over Deus Ex.

I'm one of the few people who actually liked XIII and XV, but I'd really like to see more smaller budget spin offs, and 2D games. A new Tactis or Ivalice game in general would be amazing. The mishandling of stuff like Left Alive and The Quiet Man are absolutely mind boggling. Their remasters are almost universally awful. They keep letting Nomura direct games. I can only imagine how FF7R will be as a result.

It can't be this hard to not be so fucking stupid.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind replaying Front Missions 3.

Considering how Left Alive was a disaster, i wouldn't count on that anytime soon.

>but I'd really like to see more smaller budget spin offs, and 2D games.

Yeah. World of FF was really good

WOW FALLS

Those are both part of franchises with multiple games and a significantly larger fanbase.

Doesnt change the fact it still has no content and is over-casualized compared to its past betters. You know your game's difficulty is truly fucked when it resorts to making player stuns nigh-inescapable just to provide a faint semblance of challenge.

Attached: unga bunga.webm (427x240, 2.66M)

>I wish FF7R would be good, but of all people to direct the game, they chose fucking Nomura.
i can't believe they chose one of their only competent employees to make one of their most important games ever!

Why you have to bring platform wars into this?
World is an MH spinoff game (or MH Lite) for the zoomers, no matter what platform it's on.

BING
BING
WAHOO!

>Why you have to bring platform wars into this?

because most of the MHW shitposting is because Nintendo fans are pissed that MH "betrayed" Nintendo and jumped to Sony.

When MH fucking STARTED on Sony

they cant even break 1,5 mio subscriber lmao

>nomura
>competent
>directed advent children
>directed kingdom hearts
>competent
This faggot thinks Cloud is an emo bitch, ships Cloud and Aerith, and is responsible for Final Fantasy XV's "10 year" development hell

He's only in a senior position because he's been there for a long time, thanks dumbass Japanese

youtu.be/qAIrj_Vqdfc

yes, he did direct the god-tier games of the kino hearts series. including kino hearts 3, which just saved the company from tabata's shovelware.
he is not responsible for ffxv's development hell. square is 100% to blame for their executive meddling.

it didn't dethrone it though
xiv never came close to surpassing wow in subs and expansion boom subs are already gone

ok so you're just trolling

Nice victim complex you have there, my dude.

Hope they open the coffers to Yoshi-P.
We need buttsliders, better animations and more content

Two days

They will announce the FFCC remaster coming to PC any day now, right bros...? B-bros..?

you can seethe all you want, but nomura is still a genius who makes goty contenders. meanwhile, tabata makes shovelware that loses $33 million and gets cancelled before it can be finished. nomura is in charge of square's most important game since the original ff7, tabata's been fired and reduced to making smartphone "games."

Nomura is fucking hack but he was not responsible for XV's shitshow. That's entirely SE fucking up over and over.
Nomura literally said that he'd have had both XV and KH3 out way earlier if
a)SE didn't shift their entire team to saving XIV during XV's dev
b)Didn't make them change KH3's engine from luminous to Unreal halfway into development.
SE's management team is literally retarded. It's why even Tabata left after getting fucked over again and again and being made to take the fall for the management's failure.

They are getting their shit in order now. Hopefully they go on a Capcom roll.

>They are getting their shit in order now. Hopefully they go on a Capcom roll.

It depends on how FF7R Episode 1 turns out to see if SE really got their shit together