How often have I told you bastards not to run through my Gothic Thread

How often have I told you bastards not to run through my Gothic Thread

Attached: Kyle.png (270x768, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=11193
youtube.com/watch?v=bkX1iNUq6Jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

share your stories/experiences, always curious abouts others runs

Attached: thewayitsdone.png (1920x1080, 3.37M)

>act cocky against some dude who refuses to let me into the harbour pub
>get my ass kicked
>explore too deep into the woods trying to level up and a fucking orc appears
>get my ass kicked
I love this game

forest were amazingly done.

Attached: 1467149967-428561863.jpg (1280x960, 466K)

What are your thoughts on Nacht des Raben? I think it's great after you have already played normal Gothic 2 but I can understand how the grinding would turn new players off because it's so autistic and hardcore that it must be hell to play it without already kind of knowing which quests to do first and which areas to avoid at all costs.

Tell me more about whether I should apprentice to the alchemist or the hunter.

NOTR is super good, but its debateable wheather it's a good addition to the artstyle (pirates and mayans). It's harder but after you completed first game you shouldn't have too much of a problem with finishing it. NOTR makes more sense storywise too.

depends on what you need, if you want a quick buck from skins that you gonna collect anyway from looting enemies go for it. alchemist is only viable when you want to spend on mana or strenght - because you can learn to make a dexterity potion after doing a quest for Sagita. So if you're bow/sabre/spade and want to increase dex head to her.

Alright my man, I'll go alchemist, then. Thanks for the pointers.

Constantino is such a wholesome guy once he hires you, enjoy employment

Reinstalling right now. Gotta be honest, only ever finished the Gothic 2 without the addons, and with cheats.
What should i do so that NotR doesnt bend me over

Really? I went in blind about a year ago and got through it just fine

Whatever you do don't play as mage.

Doesnt his attitude change depending on what path you go down ? Like if you become a mercenary he gets disgruntled, and if you end up as a mage he´ll be proud of you ?

it's no challange for people who know what they are doing and don't mind the challange, but objectively speaking the there is a huge dificulty curve between Classic 2 and NOTR.

i think so yeah

how do i skip the sleepers autistic dialogue? i hate having to stand around for twenty seconds while they keep mumbling about their master its really unfun

be humble and sweep locations clean from monsters - you need that XP and learning points.
you should be over level 14 on act 1 in order to not be bothered by anything that game will throw at you at the time.

rapid ESC.

why is dex easier than str bros?

less weapons with lower needed DEX.
for example STR weapon will need 90 and do 100 dm
DEX weapon needs only 60 DEX and does around 120 DMG
There is only about 4 or 5 dex swords in the game.
Won't even start with the bows and cheese tactics.

>play for the first time as a kid
>want to join the militia, never figure out how to do it
>want to join the monastery but i only found the sheep way later
>end up joining the merc guild and being thirsty after paladin armor the entire game
In general, becoming a paladin for the first time was SO satisfying. But even more satisfying in both games is being able to walk into the exclusive areas of each camp after you proved yourself. It really feels like, "Yeah, I FUCKING DID IT." And it's even better that you can try running past it at first. If it was just some closed-off instanced area, I wouldn't give a shit. The only thing that even comes close to this from what I experienced in games was becoming a Jedi in KotOR for the first time, and having to recite the code and shit. God, that felt good. Doing menial tasks only to become a badass and shit on everyone that messed with you is incredibly satisfying.

fuck not to mention to get the dragon slicer by ch2, you need to rush strength which leaves you without a good weapon until lvl 10 and leaves you with shitty crits until str 70

they don't make'm like that anymore.

Attached: gothic.png (250x313, 155K)

just climp up on that cave and cast a fire rain (i guess thats how it's called). enemies die regardless of the ceiling.

They sure don't. It's a damn shame. The Oblivion guilds also feel like a joke by comparison, since you can join whatever you want. At least Morrowind locked you out of SOME choices. Like, okay, I get that someone might want to roleplay that he has alternate identities or whatever, but that 1 person can just get a mod. God, I wish I had the means to make a game even half as good as G1/G2...

sweet, but im talking about how going 2h str route leaves you severely underpowered for most of the ch1

oooh, alright

the skeletons were a pain in the ass with 20% crit chance with 1h though, i wish i would've known about the fire rain trick to get the dragon sword

worked with that water mage bootleg spell too, the hailstorm or something like that.

Do yall do the Addon in act2 or in act 3?
Personaly I always do it in act2

before act 2, i level up to 16, do water mage, then onto act 2

you need to do it in act2 in order to not get assblasted in act 3. Jarkendar is a literall learning points/gold/skill goldmine

Kingdom Come Deliverance kind of had that Gothic feel to it since you were a loser who couldn't even read or ride a horse without running into things at the start.

I have never played these games. Should I?

Yes.

yeah, thats pretty much what all i have to tell ya.
experience the adventure for yourself, and please be humble to controls they will make sense after some time.

i gotta check that game out someday, many people compare it with G2

Its the 9th best rpg of all times according to rpxcodex

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=11193

Attached: 1512922551_6_1178293900.jpg (800x570, 377K)

we need to end the whole number x best rpg meme with that poor game, we're the laughing stock of Yea Forums because of that. it's just a good game let's stick to that.

>newspapercat.jpg
I should replay Gothic.

Well it was voted by rpg autists, not some basedbean "journalists".

That counts for something.

>Planescape
What. The best rpg is a game that nobody thinks works well as a game.
So close to a great list otherwise, even if I don't agree with every last choice (Dark Souls and SS2 are really action games with stats, we all know it), but that is just baffling.

Everyone had 25 point to vote. 1 to 5 points per game.

>tfw weebs hop on the thread to shill persona or something like that.

Attached: zvNa0cl.jpg (512x512, 95K)

Oh, so it's like the Rotten Tomatoes thing, where the game everyone is universally lukewarm on sweeps the ratings.

Alright, fair enough. I'd admit, I'd give it an easy 3 points too.

>ch2
>you need to
Why? You're clearly meant to have a progression from 1H to 2H like G1 or stay 1H. Every teacher tells you that you will learn the other fighting style automatically, so just get 1h to 30 or more and pump str while using whatever weapons you find elsewhere. You are going to shit on everything during/after chapter 4 anyway, why go for oneshotting weapon the moment you can leave the town?

it's dumb fun.

because you can

cuz 100 crit with dragon sword on ch2 is ebin

my str is at 171 with 100 in 2h

what should i spend my points on next?
dex is at 10, with 15 in xbow and 20 in bow

Attached: RENNT NICHT DURCH MEINE HÜTTE.png (846x663, 654K)

Once you know at least one recipe from Sagitta or the water mages Constantino agrees to teach you anyway.
I go for Bosper almost every single time.

bump for best RPG ever made

I played Die Rückkehr (Returning) mod a year or something ago, and now I'd love to try another.
Are there more decent mods in this scale?

where are my JoWood forum niggas at?

I spent a lot of time from 2002 to 2004 there discussing Gothic and forming board guilds and stuff like that.

Damn the nostalgia. Right in the feels.

Attached: 2000px-JoWood_Productions.svg.png (2000x618, 89K)

help please i got 52 points are the hunting skills worth it

I'm going to start Gothic I for the first time soon. Is there anything I should know before going in?

>hunting
Bruh what chapter are you at? With those stats you gotta be in an empty Khorinis or at Irdorath.

>herr mannelig starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=bkX1iNUq6Jw

ch3, yea valley of mines and everywhere is pretty much empty

but idk what to spend my points on

>Nacht des Raben
Vanilla Gothic 2 is shit, honestly speaking. it has a big but empty world, short and stupid story, no challenge what so ever.
Die Nacht des Raben as an expansion is fantastic because it adds a shitload of content both gameplay-wise and story-wise. It makes a straight downgrade from Gothic 1 into something more akin to a sidegrade. That being said, compared to the original, DNdR has shit balance, bad progression, mandatory grind. The atmosphere of the game is also completely lost as now it's closer to some fresh take on Diablo than to the original Gothic.
For me, coming from Gothic 1 to Gothic 2 and later DNdR was a huge disappointment.

NotR? Don't remember if you're getting close to the natural teaching cap on str. You can get alchemy for them sweet stat boosting pots, don't forget the ancient language too.
If you didn't kill the nigger troll yet you can get it's skin, it's for a quest. Honestly, get lockpicking if you want more gold. Hunting is meh, and if you need any materials you can just buy them. Do get dragon scale and blood if you're a dragon hunter though.

Alschemist is best for earning mad dough just from collecting mushrooms

NotR

got lockpicking, but i might get pickpocketing to finish the thieves guild quest

how do you pickpocket? i see no button on the control mapping? also you need to raise dex to be good at pickpocketing right?

>nobody thinks works well as a game.
You've obviously never played it, since Planescape is something could only exist as a game.

Attached: foxPepe.jpg (320x320, 21K)

*WoWooooOooooOOoOO*
>The Master
*Red Screen*
CAN THESE FAGGOTS FUCK OFF, YOU ARE NOT SCARY I CAN TWO SHOT YOU YOU FUCKING QUEERS

STOP INTERRUPTING ME EVERY FIVE FEET LOCKED SCREEN FOR 20 SECONDS EVERY TIME FUCK OFF

Attached: 1563793533367.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

Yea, if you can pickpocket a dude you get a conversation prompt. And you need high dex to nab better targets. Should keep you swimming in gold.
Dunno what else you might want, with high str you would oneshot most things and it's not worth chucking arrows at targets you will twoshot anyway.

Carry a bunch of fire arrow scrolls. Spells can't miss and if you trigger one the others around start shooting you too.

yea pretty much, i got the dragon slicer so most things are pretty much a cakewalk

I remember having played vanilla to death and being jealous of Germans since the expansion didn't have an English translation yet. Playing with NOTR for the first time was mindblowing, it was the same game I had always loved but with some changes here and there and a bunch of extra stuff added in. One of my favorite vidya experiences ever.

get dex to 90 for long jumping, it's loads of fun