Why is modern Street Fighter art style so trash?

Attached: ken.jpg (1135x551, 204K)

SF3 is the exception, not the rule

Attached: file.png (215x215, 92K)

because outsourcing cheap labor isn't exclusive to american corporations unfortunately

>be Capcom
>have some of the greatest artists in the entire industry
>suddenly MvC:I
>SFV
What happened Capcom?

Still looks better than SFV

not sure, it's weird how smash just went ahead and made Ken look better

Attached: d4899bc8d8c8134663187f8fac7c2175.jpg (1280x1697, 188K)

Modern Capcom artstyle is shit in general.
RE7, DMC5, MVCI, Street Fighter 5. All of them look like dogshit.
Its sad because capcom games used to be the most stylish ones around.

Attached: 1493135376126.jpg (1062x753, 411K)

Because Sakurai actually gives a shit

This looks great, you dumb faggot.

>DMC5
swing and miss

DMC5 looks bad dude. The character designs and photorealistic characters suck ass. Same thing with RE7.

No, it looks great and runs like greased lighting. Stop trying so hard to fit in.

DMC5 and REmake 2 looks pretty great though,

Fit in where? Everyone sucks DMC5's dick around here

How am I "trying to fit in" by giving my honest opinion?
The game runs and plays good, i'm not saying anything contrary to that. But the characters do not look good. Photorealism doesn't work for DMC.

The only ones who look good in DMC5 are the sparda trio, trish got fucking shat over and lady is her worst version yet although not as bad as trish.

>Photorealism doesn't work for DMC.
>It's another "DMC had a consistent style and wasn't just repeatedly changed each game" poster

Dmc5 looks great graphics wise, but the art style is a bit bland.

They rushed and outsourced a lot of shit in sfv and mvci
That's why the quality is all over the place with some characters looking fine, and others being Ken

I've never said that, nor implied that. The other games characters looked good for their time, aside from DmC.
Everyone who disagrees with you doesn't have to be the same person.

Most characters in Smash look better than their games. It's understandable why that happens, though. Smash is aiming to capture their most iconic look while the original games need to change it or it seems stale.

Lady looks fucking amazing though.

naw, it's fucking great. Cope.

because you cherry pick ken's creepy loading screen expression which is the thing you kappafags always use to shitpost sfv's artstyle with

what a dogshit opinion, DMC5 is one of the best looking games to come out in awhile, with the exception of a few characters' faces

Jesus Christ DMC's fanbase are a pack of rabid dogs. No wonder journalists had so much fun trolling those idiots.

calarts

>6 fucking blonde sameface characters as dlc
>all guaranteed to be dropped next game for not standing out
Only one that's staying is probably kolin or ed

DMC fans won in the end. To my knowledge DmC was a huge flop, meanwhile DMC5 took a dump on everything that isn't RE or MH.