Hi, I'm the best FE game in the last 15 years!

Hi, I'm the best FE game in the last 15 years!

Attached: D1KN4MDUwAAENGy.jpg (741x1200, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w
youtube.com/watch?v=K2YgwN6P_7E
youtube.com/watch?v=JHiqGqoIGII
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8NH94xuY0
youtube.com/watch?v=fNPfh701oBI
youtu.be/ViOTnm9OXOI?t=1424
ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Class_Mastery_Unlockable_Abilities_and_Arts#Master_Classes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not with this map design
It's so painfully mediocre

is the girl in red really as crazy as people make her out to be?

Just me or do enemies deal a lot more and take a lot less damage after the time skip?

I'm playing on hard, and before the timeskip I could easily one-shot all units, even without crits. Now I can only really do that against non-melee units unless I hit the melee units with magic. I've also had characters die from one hit who could take 3 hits before.

Awakening and Birthright are the best FE games.

I was ready to hate it with the weapon triangle gone, but I think battalions saved the game for me. They're really flexible and open up a lot of strategy. Even just a melee range attack that can't be counterattacked is huge and they can push some harder maps with it.

I also thought I'd hate the monsters, but I like how the function with real taunt mechanics and incentives for hitting full barrier breaks.

Begrudgingly, I enjoy this game.

Her main autistic goal gets fixed by time and people in every route.

The game is too fucking easy. Like I'm literally playing on Hard and not even grinding. I do side missions SOMETIMES but thats it. I'm literally only at Chapter 7 and my Dedue, MC, and Dimitri are literal TANKS only taking 1-2 damage (Sometimes 0) from enemies. Why did they have to make it so easy

>2005 was 15 years ago

Attached: 8580205.jpg (524x1009, 46K)

Thats because dedue dimitri and MC are fucking monsters so no shit theyre fucking up everything.
although put dedue anywhere near magic and he explodes.

they're upgraded units + better weapons, so yeah you're right

I don’t even think it’s really gone just relegated to the breaker skills.

How's the voice acting?

>game so easy even on hard classic where you can kill entire maps with only 3 units
Yeah no, best one in terms of gameplay and map design is still radiant dawn

After 14 level ups my Dedue finally got his res to 2.

>FE SS was 15 years ago
>FE Shadow Dragon was 15 years ago
>Shadow dragon's sequel was 15 years

It hurts, wake me up.

Attached: 1563188207749.png (650x364, 267K)

I wonder what lunatic mode will be like.

"hard" is normal nowaday, and the dmg ramp up post-timeskip
but yeah, wait for maddening/lunatic update

JPN voices are great. The game has dual audio and nearly 90% of all the dialogue in the game is fully voiced.

>Gameplay
Most definetly

>Map design
Most definetly not

I say it as an owner of that game, and fuck you I like it.

Random enemy only skills or stupid hard like nohr endgane

Attached: Nohrian scum.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like this was easily achievable in older games as soon as you got people online.

Ross, Nephenee, and Ike come to mind as "oh, I guess this unit will cover the entire left side of the map" type units.

The JP dub is absolutely stacked with good performances, every clip I've seen of the EN dub is, and believe me I say this extremely begrudgingly, not bad either.

JP sounds good and dub is acceptable

Bernadetta's JP voice makes me want to kill myself.

That's because you have horrendous taste. It fits her character, and much better than her EN voice.

Map desight is ok for me. BUT there is only like 20 layouts wtf! I was farming gold and there was only like 5 maps i was fightin on, this is just bullshit compare to other FE games, and other strategy-based games.

Why not make non-story maps randomly generated? like in XCOM, i dont understand

Then die.

Attached: 1551397208064.jpg (803x913, 60K)

It's because I have functioning ears. Her having the voice of a shrill 7-year old isn't really an aspect of her character.

I don't even know what her EN voice sounds like.

Yes. I dont get what is her problem with religion, and why people follow her.

best jTRPG for the past decade to
why the genre has to die
>tfw no more FFT
>no more Ogre
>no more advance war
>no more hidden gem like Gungnir, Stella Glow or Jeanne d'Arc
>Disgaea is on life support

Attached: 1563795247657.png (446x426, 98K)

Why begrudging? Shouldn't you be happy you get a polished product instead of rushed and shite voice work?
Yeah I hate it too. Too squeaky for my liking but Lysithea is cute so I don't mind.
Both her voices fit her character since both naturally sound like giant spergs.

same. I hope game be more difficult on NG+

>Weapon triangle is gone
not even literally hitler-chan can touch a late game swordmaster or boss with the axe breaker skill....unless you use a gambit on them or attack them with a swordbreaker spear user
the triangle is still there, it's just greatly muted, so it's not the dominant strategy, personally i like this much more

How's Valkyria Chronicles nowadays anyway?

only the first game is good, and the psp game is decent. 4 was lame as hell, bit letdown

its... decent, at least VC4, not that weird spinoff
the story is less pant-on-head retarded like 2 and 3, and is more in line with 1, which is still bad, but the maps are pretty great. Difficulty is middling, but its expected.
its fun if you want a jp XCOM-lite and Mario + Rabbid is fantastic in that regard too, if you can overlook the weird theme

Only the first one is worth playing

he's an underage reddit fag

Some aspects of the game are a little silly and make your units spiral out of control. Dedue is just incredibly min-maxxed to the point where no physical unit can touch him. I'm in chapter 18 now and he can even tank 2 mages or so because of his oversized HP pool.

Magic also seems to useful. Only being able to use certain magic a few times per map is quite interesting, possibly even better than the old mechanic, but it's still overpowered.
>Mages get >5 spells, making the restrictions per spell rather pointless
>Way too much accuracy, units rarely have less than 100 hit
>Enemies have pretty much no res, so your 40 mag mage will just one shot them with ease
I feel like having only a few slots of magic would balance it really well. Now my Lysithea has 6 or 7 spells with probably 30 uses in total, which she will never use up on the 10 turn maps.

the scarcity of spells will hit harder in Lunatic, i guess, with better enemy hp and def/res

She's not crazy, just evil

I'm playing blue lions right now, should I make Annette or Mercedes a gremory?
The movement is nice but I wonder if I'll miss out on growths or unique abilities.

what are shields for? should i use them?

I hope so, but I fear it still won't be an issue for pure mage characters. Only one who has real problems is Felix, because he only knows Thunder, Thoron and Nosferatu in my run.

t. churchcuck

Attached: 1547038438307.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

>Dimitri just fucking dies offscreen in the GD route right after Gronder part 2
What the fuck

They reduce damage, but also weight a little, so your character becomes slower. Can be useful, but I'd be careful with them, since you can accidentally make your character too slow.

Sorry boys, move along, its LORE time

Do both, what kinda question is that? If you're wondering who to do first, it doesn't really matter.

Does Dimitri live in Church route? I don't want him to die on my next playthrough.

Edelgard
youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w
Dimitri
youtube.com/watch?v=K2YgwN6P_7E
Claude
youtube.com/watch?v=JHiqGqoIGII

I asked because I heard something about the master classes not being full blown promotions of the advanced classes, but side-grades instead.

He dies in anything that isn't BL

They are sidegrades.

Maps aren't the only reason to play FE. Anyone thinking that is not really a fan of the series. It's mostly Shining Force fags propagating this meme.

What are the odds the DLC adds more classes?
It's kind of lame how more than half of the Master-tier classes are mounted units, and there's other weird gaps like no Advanced unit that bridges the gap between Pegasus Knights and Falcon Knights (they even cheat this by making enemy Pegasus Knights a unique Advanced-tier unit with Lancefaire)

battalions added a lot to the game

Kinda depends on the classes. Mortal Savant is a little slower than swordmaster and doesn't have the bonus crit for example. Stat total differs by 1.
But Gremory only doesn't have black tomefaire anymore, instead they get dark and white magic uses x2 and strictly better stats (+5 in total). Wyvern Lord is just the upgraded version of Wyvern Rider.

>my gba cart for SS reset its memory
>complete hard mode files for erica and ephraim
>third slot was another ephraim hard but every single unit was 20/20 and i had spent nearly a hundred hours grinding postgame creature maps for stat items for a perfect capped party

It hurts

>Edelgarde and Dimitri die on every route but theirs
>Claude lives outside his own route because he's a coward who never gets his comeuppance

I don't really get it either. A lot of the Conquest and especially the Revelations maps were just annoying and full of gimmicks and I enjoyed Echoes a lot for its simpler and more straight forward maps. GBA era maps were full of choke points and I guess people think slow crawls and choke points are supposed to be more strategic? Its like how people meme on the second chapter of Awakening for being completely wide open when its actually a great tutorial map that teaches you proper unit placement and how to make walls with your units instead of relying solely on map chokepoints.

It's likely, but we probably will get less important shit first, similar to Echoes dlc.

Rock paper scissors was never good.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8NH94xuY0

But that's not Echoes...
And do we have any info on when is the update releasing? BE route ended way faster than I expected, and I already cleared Church.

To be fair Claude literally doesn't do anything shitty unless it's with BL route Gronder Field.

I love Echoes but it's carried hard by its presentation and story. Three Houses has massively more content and replayability, and its story isn't half bad either.

Do you think they banged?

Attached: 20190806_100828.jpg (575x379, 211K)

I can finally begin to understand why people like Dimitri so much. The sombre atmosphere in his reunion and the bite from bitterness he expresses is quite different from the other two.

>can hug Edelgarde
>can't hug Dimitri
Shit sucks

This. I feel like clever enemy placement and what classes the enemy is can add a lot to strategy. People underestimate enemy formations and mistakenly think they're mindless. And yeah, chokepoints are brainlet tier. Just place your strongest unit there, or rotate the few that can take on multiple enemies. Have a healer near by, or share vulneraries. Have long range units pick off steagglers. Rinse and repeat.

Nah.

*stragglers

>mfw Intelligent Systems tried to do their own VC with Codename Steam it had potential & was fun once you got the hang of it, but artstyle turned everyone away

Attached: 1556864541574.png (99x98, 23K)

When will this be emulatable on PC?

I just don't like admitting when an english dub is good.

>Crests are BAD
>Except for when I'm using them

What did she mean by this?

Attached: 1565008859383.jpg (1920x1080, 600K)

Is it just me or is something off here

Attached: hmm.png (498x229, 124K)

Fuck you, stop spoiling shit. The game came out like a week ago.

Yeah BBTAG is much better than FE

Your own fault for coming to Yea Forums.

>I enjoyed Echoes a lot for its simpler and more straight forward maps.
Stopped reading here. Opinion discarded.

Echoes maps are either completely empty fields, which are at least tolerable, or COMPLETE FUCKING CANCER that's quite possibly literally designed to be as tedious and annoying as possible.

Nuibaba's map where you have to slog through sides of the house SINGLE-FILE, while peppered with summons and artillery mages, the fucking desert maps etc. It's just below an acceptable standard.

Attached: Nuibabasabode.jpg (400x240, 16K)

Amen.

I teleported alm in and out to take out annoying shit.
that map was garbage.

Never had problems with those maps, and I don't remember a single FE where I didn't had to slowly slog through a map with all my characters at one point.

I like it a lot, but I don't like the free times segments. the map is just hideous and bring absolutely nothing more than what a simple menu would have.

By not reading any furthee you completely missed his point. I guess that's one way of winning, by not even playing.

>Awakening
>Best anything.

Attached: Capture.png (421x378, 102K)

Delthea's retarded map aswell, i teleported Kliff aka xMage_critmaster_420x to fuck up the boss and then bring him out.

Empty fields aren't a bad thing. And I never found any of the Echoes maps to be particularly difficult.

This map is so fucking awful, a total fucking slog one way or another, I hope the developer who made it got savagely raped on public tv and some am radio stations.

Love the game but it has some big flaws to me

Master Classes are almost all mounted classes. None of them are for sword users. Mortal Savant is for mages with Levin Sword.
Monastery is too large imo. So much time spent running around this place.
Too easy. Playing on hard and literally only needed to use divine pulse on rescue Manuela map.

So in this case gremory is nearly a straight upgrade over warlock and bishop?
Is astra worth keeping Felix as a swordmaster over? I really like having access to good, ranged magic with thoron, and Felix gets the bonus crit too.

>rare monster maps give rusted weapons
>need 10 mythril and A+ rank
I am guessing these are for ng+

>Birthright
>Best anything
It was Awakening but with no gooe characters or plot. Basically an Awakening without one redeemable quality. Also no weapon durability.

Best most broken units.

His point was retarded either way
>chokepoints are bad, open fields with nothing on them good

>Master Classes are almost all mounted classes. None of them are for sword users. Mortal Savant is for mages with Levin Sword.
Master classes are sidegrades not straight upgrades. Classes have unique combat arts exclusive to them like Astra so going from Swordmaster to Mortal Savant isn't actually good unless you intend to use the magic.
>Monastery is too large imo. So much time spent running around this place.
Almost all the monastary dialogue is optional fluff and you can fast travel to points of interest with ease.
>Too easy. Playing on hard and literally only needed to use divine pulse on rescue Manuela map.
It is somewhat easy but I find myself using divine pulse a lot on the post-timeskip maps because of the high crit rates and 10 range mages.

>what is Warp

Chokepoints are bad though. Literal brainlet tier.

>chokepoints are bad, open fields with nothing on them good
This, but unironically.

can you faggots please spoil this shit. it literally hasnt even been out for two weeks yet. not all of us are autistic enough to finish a 200+ hour game across 3 routes in under 14 fucking days

I can't recall a single chokepoint in any FE game that was to your disadvantage. It is just place your fortress there and end turn, just be weary of mages or unit with a hammer

>Echoes' maps are mindless and easy
>Has trouble with Nuibaba's map
I'm guessing you got bodied by the bitch.

No because gremory doesnt have black tomefaire or heal+10

>>chokepoints are bad, open fields with nothing on them good
Yes, that is my point and I'm right. Chokepoints are babbies first strat and are very straight forward. There isn't much dynamism to maps when the strategy is just to stick your general in the choke point and wait for the enemy to come to you. Open fields mean that you have to be proactive in taking out threats and you have to really pay attention where you leave your units because you can get surrounded or hit in places you weren't expecting.

Again, the second chapter of Awakening is a great example of this. It teaches you early on that you can't just leave your units exposed because Miriam will get beelined by everything around her. It teaches you to make walls with your own units, how to not let units get flanked and punishes you for trying to turtle in the forest by surrounding you with units. Its not a very complex map and its only chapter two and yet it does a good job of introducing you to these elements that you don't get when your map is full of slow push choke points where everyone is safe except for 2 or 3 front most units. Awakening's problem was less to do with map design and more to do with the insane power curve of your units.

Attached: Dancing in front of Edelgard.png (900x882, 694K)

>And I never found any of the Echoes maps to be particularly difficult.
It's not about them being difficult, it's about them being tedious. Enemies throw tons of summons at you every single turn, accompanied with long-range mages positioned outside of your reach, so you have to advance slowly or else you'll just get overwhelmed and your casters will get fucked.
There's nothing challenging about it, nothing to prove to be creative with, there's really only a single strategy you can apply (outside of warp cheese), it's just tedious.

Which is the best house to pick first?

Meanwhile I can recall empty maps that are to your disadvantage. Fighting against Berkut, you and your units had nowhere to hide. It was just strong cavalry, a boss, and your.
squishy units.

Not saying Echoes isn't easy as shit, just that the empty spaces forced you to make walls out of your units in order to shield others from Berkut and his men.

You're mistaken, I'm certainly not defending fate in any ways. But Awakening is without a doubt the FE I loath the most.
Worst writing, Worst design, the most cancerous waifu system. Holy fucking shit did it bore me to death.
Why it's so popular is still a fucking mystery to me.
Music and gameplay were good though.

Lords without Byleth around-
Edelgard: good intentions paved with genocide and sacrifice of their closest allies
Dimitri: belongs in a straightjacket
Claude: weak convictions and a coward who abandons his allies

Lords with Byleth around-
Edelgard: good intentions paved with bad decision making
Dimitri: belongs in a straitjacket for a little while
Claude: curious george

Did I get everything right?

>Worst writing
Conquest, Revelations, and Radiant Dawn are worse
>the most cancerous waifu system
Fates as a whole is worse
>Holy fucking shit did it bore me to death
If it bored you then why do you think the gameplay was good?

>Awakening has worse writing than Fates

Either Blue Lions or Black Eagles, then the other, then Golden Deer, then Black Eagles -> Church route

Attached: fact.jpg (600x733, 29K)

>avoid death knight
>apparently the death knight is the only way to get dark seals
>2nd fight he runs away like a little bitch
>Hubert can't become dark bishop
>restart game
>this time around all my units are fucking allergic to lvling their strength stat

What's the best way to farm those items that give you +1 strength?

I would say worst writing goes to Fates. I was bored to tears by it.

I'm only on my first playthrough but my plan is BE>BL>GD>Church

Black Eagles or Blue Lions. Do note that if you play Blue Lions first, you will forever be disappointed in the characters of other houses given they don't have nearly as much of an impact on the story as the Blue Lions do in the own route.

BL and BE (BE needs slightly extra effort to unlock) focus on main conflict
GD is more of a lore route, but longer

This is probably the most poignant point ever made in favor of maps with wide open spaces.

That sucks. I started with Blue Lions.

hello 3H. i do in fact agree with you. have a nice day and congratulations on your success!

Attached: 1420497976353.png (477x358, 248K)

Is it really cheese when the game gives you the tool and expects you to use it? Regardless, I never found Echoes to be tedious either, except in the final dungeon. Every FE game has maps where they are throwing shit at you with balistas and fire orbs and summons. Echoes isn't particularly special in that regard.

Either way, Echoes having a few troublesome maps is besides the point. I said I liked Echoes' more open and simple map design overall. I never said that every map in Echoes was that way. And it still has nothing to do with my point that choke points by themselves are shitty and maps that encourage you to be proactive instead of turtling are better overall. I just played Dimitri's paralogue where you take Arianrhode and I think it was a pretty well designed map. There were choke points but the chokepoints had spikes and couldn't reliably be turtled around and were also 2 spaces wide instead of 1. There were mages with Bolting on the top of the map that discouraged turtling at the chokes and forced you to move past the chokes in order to deal with them. The bottom half had Hubert meteoring anything that got too close so again, while there was a choke point, there was also a threat that needed to be dealt with.

In general, open fields=proactive gameplay and chokepoints=snooze inducing turtle fests but good maps have elements of both.

>Music and gameplay were good though.
>durr why is this game popular
I don't hate Awakening but I don't love it either. The game had a lot of good things about it and if you acknowledge that the gameplay was good then being confused about why people like it, when Conquest is universally hated for everything but gameplay, is kind of a brainlet move.

>pedo Vegeta.jpg

Wait, do you mean that other students don't do much in their own house as the Blue Lions do for their own route? Or does that mean that Blue Lion students simply has more story relevance than the rest of them?

How can he be stopped?

Attached: camus.jpg (656x709, 160K)

Annette and Felix are large parts of the story because of their respective fathers. The students in the other houses take a back seat to the action.

2 mages standing one over the other.

Well that suck ass.

Is he wielding Gradivus?

Not to mention lonato is ashe's father and miklan is sylvain's brother.
Blue lions is basically the canon route.

Gradivus, Parthia, Mercurius and Hauteclere are in the game.

There’s also mercedes and the death knight

>There isn't much dynamism to maps when the strategy is just to stick your general in the choke point and wait for the enemy to come to you.
It also shows how bad the AI is in those games, the single critical point that never fucking evolved in FE.

because its waifubaiting hardest?

And Ingrid is connected to DImitri and Felix and Sylvain as they are all childhood friends.

>Blue lions is basically the canon route.
You can also see it in how the three lords are treated. Edelgard and Claude don’t have much in the way of significant character development but Dimitri is a fucking rollercoaster.

The waifuism has dropped dramatically compaired to awakening or fates

It kinda did in Conquest, some enemies wouldn’t take the bait if it was too obvious and would always try to maximize damage with Attack stances and rallies

Nah that was always Fates

I wonder what people pretend to be so blind for? Its literally the most casual and broken FE to date.

Literally nothing is balanced.
Gambits are OP, literally free hits without retaliation, plus debuff, and generally broken as fuck.
Plus with assists you have have to give a shit about the initial low hitrate, and in terrain like woodland their hit is 2x the ones of regular attacks, and their replenishment has almost 0 cost and is more of a formality, making them free hits whenever you fear retaliation or made a wrong move
The AI is the worst in ages, and would literally choose to attack full HP Byleth over a 5HP character in range, or attack said character with a 2 DMG gambit instead of going for the kill.
Their weight shit to make up for the triangle is not working at all, and often the most shitty and cheap weapons are actually the best because they're simply the lightest therefore attack multiple times.
Units wielding multiple weapons, magic being a freely spammed, adjutants being OP as fuck especially late game with enough support, 1tile counters for archers, breaker skills and the lack of enemy usage of such, etc etc etc.
Design wise, this game is a travesty in terms of functionality.

Not to mention that the whole monastery aspect is just useless busywork thats wasting time and the maps are all C-D tier.

The main story is ok, but the supports are generic anime bantz the likes of
>support C: why dont you do XYZ comon lets do XYZ!
to
>support B: oh I'm sorry that I didnt know that thing happened that makes you dislike XYZ...

>MUH MAPS
This shit never fucking mattered. You always stacked cavalry because movement is the most valuable resource and your units are only good if they can kill other units in 1 turn because letting the enemy attack first is a death setence. That's the strategy in SRPGs in a nutshell.

I feel like the AI has improved since the GBA games at least. I've put my general in front of some units and rarely they won't bite. I don't know what makes them not attack in specific instances and will attack in others though. Enemies also seem to use gambits over straight attacks in ways that screw me over, even using gambits on lone enemies just to isolate them. Its not great AI but to say that its just as bad as before is a bit overblown.

He's memeing user.
Other houses have their own stories and Edelgard's for example literally picks up the story of the pre-time skip set ups about the church and the rebellions in the land.

True, but they still wait for you like morons and you can brain them with a single wall.
ISIS doesn't want to change anything since it could fuck the balance hard, but even in TH enemies can't decide if they need to go north or south if your characters are a little spread.

>Claude paralogue
>it's just a giant raid boss with a gajillion health
Pretty fun desu although it'd be nice if the game had a way to punish you for taking 10 turns to set up other than 2 wyvens every few turns

I'm not meming. Aside from Hubert, the other Black Eagles aren't related to the Edelgard's story at all (maybe Ferdinand because Duke Aegir was a reprehensible maniac). The other GD don't do much either as well aside from Lorenz and maybe Lysithea. I hate it.

We can all agree that the game is subpar in those and many other strategical aspects.

But all things considered the package it delivers is still pretty good.
There's lots of changes I'd make to the strategy layer myself.

I lost interest 15 chapters in. Game is soul sucking. No amount of improved writing can save the gameplay.

No because HAVE U SEEN FELIX IN SAMURAI ARMOR! He is such a cutie in it.

Why can't I save my love Edelgard?

it so weird when timeskip Anne

Just finished Blue Lion route. Holy fuck that was an incredible story. Great cast of characters. I can't imagine the other routes can possibly top it.

It so weirld when timeskip Annette says "Im your girl" but good kind of weird.

>Gambits are OP, literally free hits without retaliation, plus debuff, and generally broken as fuck.
Gambits are fine. They have 1-2 uses and you tend to want to save them for demon beasts. You also need to have a fairly high charm for them to do more damage than just regular attacks and the splash damage is pretty bad. They have their uses but I wouldn't call them OP, except for maybe the one that gives +5 move to all your units in range.
>The AI is the worst in ages, and would literally choose to attack full HP Byleth over a 5HP character in range, or attack said character with a 2 DMG gambit instead of going for the kill.
I've never seen this happen, ever. The game prioritizes kills over Byleth in every case I've seen.
>Their weight shit to make up for the triangle is not working at all, and often the most shitty and cheap weapons are actually the best because they're simply the lightest therefore attack multiple times.
You do realize that weapon weight isn't new right? And the triangle was ass anyway. If you actually thought that forced rock paper scissors was interesting gameplay, neck yourself. Now you choose weapons based off of skill proficiency and combat art use, which is more interesting than a gay triangle. And iron weapons being "the best" has been a thing since, I dunno, 8? Even then, that's not really true because each tier has its own strengths. Steel is the best for spamming combat arts, iron is actually kind of bad, killing edges aren't stupid OP, ect.
>Units wielding multiple weapons
Literally not a problem because the triangle isn't always present anymore.
>magic being a freely spammed adjutants being OP as fuck especially late game with enough support
Magic is OP, yes. Especially giving you a map wide Physic by like Chapter 4, that shits stupid. Adjutants are far less likely to work than the old pair ups so they are fine. I almost never see them, even at A rank support.

>If it bored you then why do you think the gameplay was good?
Because FE gameplay mechanics are good, but FE can't live on it's gameplay alone. If the characters are shit and look like shit what's the point?

I'm not talking about the story, but more about the interactions between units and characters in general. I thought fate had much more interesting characters and the general design was good in either of the two fates.

I disagree. I'm pretty sure it got popular exclusively thanks to the most cancerous part of the game.

Now let me drop the bomb. I absolutely loved Echoes and I think it's definitely the absolute best FE you can buy on 3DS ( not counting virtual console )

Just finished Blue Lions route, going to be doing Edelgard route next. Actually feeling really hesitant because I know I'll have to kill my former units, which is making me feel sort of pathetic.
Annette's S support was really cute, although her cg makes her look sort of weird.

Attached: Great Knight Gambit.webm (1280x720, 1.13M)

We're not talking about the routes not having stories you illiterate fuck. We're talking about the impact of each student in their house's story.

>play Dedue's paralogue
upper group of 3 enemies changes target between me and allied unit based on how close my units are
>bait them in with Ingrid and they come running
>fly away again and they fuck off
>they kept running back and forth the whole map not doing anything
10/10 AI

don't forget the biggest casualization of them all: those meme lines.
ye what a great idea that was, its not like positioning should be a fundamental thing in a fucking strategy game that should allow for stupid mistakes and punish idiots who cant do it right.

but the worst is that they even show you when the enemy is not doing the obvious.
i had annette with low hp in range ready to be killed, but nope, the line showed that the enemy will attack byleth instead and do almost 0 dmg to him, so i didnt need to bother protecting her at all
thats really what i always wanted from a strategy game - a casual addition that makes me not have to consider variables myself. because thats what strategy is all about, thank you ISIS

Why can't I save my love Edelgard??

Just report it, posting intentional spoilers is a bannable offense.

I love Echoes too and I do think its the best 3DS FE. But I also like FE12 more than than the GBA games. I don't think Echoes being the best is such a controversial opinion considering what a nice breath of fresh air the story and presentation was after Fates.

>I disagree. I'm pretty sure it got popular exclusively thanks to the most cancerous part of the game.
I don't doubt that the genetics and waifu element played a part in it but the core gameplay is solid enough that it isn't popular solely for the waifus.

In the same boat. Going to feel awful to kill the Blue Lion students. Really want to see how they are portrayed from the POV of other houses though

A better question is, why can't you pair Edelgard and Dimitri together? They are literally meant for each other and Dimitri even wants to save her in the end.

they have datamined supports apparently

Congrats on finishing a route, all the final s rank CGs are awful, so don’t feel too bad about it

>started blind went Lions
>no idea on how to recruit until second to last month
>ended up with Ignatz, Leonie, Dorothea, and Caspar

How'd I do?

Not bad. Dorothea is great and Ignatz made for a pretty good assassin on my BL playthrough.

Nice bait faggot.

>got Caspar
You lucked out super hard since he has a timeskip paralogue with Mercedes that you need both for.

>Gambits are OP, literally free hits without retaliation, plus debuff, and generally broken as fuck.
Everybody is saying that, but how would you rebalance them?

As it is:
>free hit that puts enemies down to 1/3 HP or less
>no retaliation
>extra debuff on top
>negates terrain Hit nerfs
>automatically lvls authority so they get stronger just by using them
>assists make them even stronger
>replenishment costs like 100g
My biggest issue is really how abuseable they are in terms of ignoring bad strategic decisions or bad moves of the player. Like for units with low HP that would otherwise get rekt with the counter inbetween x2 hits, can just use the gambit for the free win.
Or forests that would otherwise be a match between low Hit rates suddenly become a clear and free win for the player.

Doesn't help that the enemies seem to use gambits completely randomly. Like you said I had enemies use immobilization gambits on enemies they could kill, or have them use the same on the first unit in a group as if it matters.

Personally, I'd restrict their usage to 1 per map. That way you still have 9 gambit uses per map, including the overly broken stride. 9 free hits is more than enough in my opinion, and probably still too much in terms of strategic difficulty.

Attached: 1564900701108.jpg (876x934, 149K)

Does anyone else find the A ranks in this game a little weird?
Most people get almost all of them at the same time after the time skip, and its pretty jarring watching each character basically propose to every opposite gender support one after another.
I get that its to set up the epilogues but still.

Attached: Lorenz_Portrait_5_Years.png (185x185, 39K)

Lysithea and Lorenz also add a paralogue if you got them in the Blue Lions. But overall not too bad.

Started up NG+ is it normal for the renown I have to be ~10k when max professor level only costs 4.5k? Feels like I have enough points left over after that to re-recruit most of my former students by just paying for B support. Also unrelated but alternate hair Dmitri in his war outfit is really cool, anyone know if Edelgard or Claude also have an alternate style?

Feeling the same way as well. It doesn't help that from what I heard Claude acts retarded in the blue lions route which I plan to do next. So it's gonna hurt to watch my best bro make a fool of himself.

>i never cared for map design before so its ok that all maps are shit now because I just play checkers with my action figures anyway
10/10 logic can't refute this big brain

How do you feel about the meme lines, I heard they're based on stat totals?

>Triangle is bad because it’s simple
No, it was good because in games were enemy placement was actually done well you had to think about which weapon to use lest get fucked over. Combat arts and passive skills leave no room for the player to get punished in the enemy phase like the triangle did. The gameplay in this game is hot garbage, face it.

My pc is hero not enlightent fuck. because his outfit is shit. this is how i choose witch class my characters gonna be

>everyone in the Black Eagles have either 25 to 30 hit against Dimitri in his map
>Petra only has 40 hit
>his charm stat is so fucking high my gambits are at an all time low of 15%
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOW DO I HIT THIS FUCKING DUDE

Unironically one of my favorite games of all time. Hoping lunatic mode delivers

So has Twilight of the Gods been dethroned as the best final map theme in FE?

>That cartoonish horse prancing

Attached: 1533739269745.png (380x350, 295K)

>Gambits are fine.
No they're broken as shit.
>They have 1-2 uses a
No they have more and demonic beasts dont matter, since everyone gets monster kill skills.
>You also need to have a fairly high charm for them to do more damage than just regular attacks
No you don't.
>They have their uses but I wouldn't call them OP
They literally are. If you can't even understand the game on a fundamental level, then please let the adults talk.
>I've never seen this happen, ever.
Stop playing on easy. Anons have reported this in many threads.
>You do realize that weapon weight isn't new right?
Yes, and its never been this broken.
>Literally not a problem because
Are you nuts? It literally means that even the potential danger of an enemy swooping in doesnt matter anymore because your archer can just take out his axe. Which is why they probably didnt bother giving enemies skills anyway, because the player can just circumvent it.
Just like he can prevent archer damage by dismounting the flying units.

Not the user you were responding to but just to add a few thoughts to consider that they did try to balance it a little.
>Later bosses and even the early optional boss death knight have a skill that not only heavily reduces gambit damage but also prevents the debuff or other effects from the gambit
>Monsters or more specifically the monster barrier breaking system seems to be built around the usage of gambits. Compare breaking at most one barrier tile in one attack to a gambit breaking a tile AND damaging at least one other tile

I agree though that gambits are a bit too strong in their current form but I feel like reducing them to just one usage per map isn't the right answer especially with the current barrier break system

>Combat arts and passive skills leave no room for the player to get punished in the enemy phase like the triangle did.
You have gambits for that. You've got it in your head like the triangle was this super punishing thing in past installments as if your sword master couldn't dodge lances. Your units will still be punished by having heavy weapons more so than before. Its not like the lack of the weapon triangle doesn't mean that you won't get doubled by enemy assassins and it makes offense a bit less brain dead because no matter what weapon you use, you can't just slap a 30% hit debuff on the enemy based on what weapon you equip.

Why is it always that people reply to the most common criticism that anons point out with detail on why it is as broken as it is with 'no its fine.'?

Everytime
>anons point out why something is not working well
>no it's fine

If it was fine then people wouldn't mention it in literally every thread. Take of the fanboy glasses you idiots.
No it's fine posters are literally the worst part of any thread.

Only chap7.
While the game is easier(hello divine pulse)
Wait for the timeskip

People mentioning things over and over doesn't make it right. Like I've pointed out with the "lechokepoints are good, open fields are bad crowd", no matter how much you meme it, it doesn't make it true.

It’s probably not worth arguing with a retard that thinks a simple mechanic is inherently bad without considering how it might affect how someone plays the game. Using combat arts and setting breaker skills as passives to “replace” the triangle effectively remove any drawbacks and thought you might put into weapon use if you weren’t a turtling casual.

The AI is kinda dumb. I was doing Sylvain's paralouge where you have to beat all the commanders at each exit to prevent enemies from retreating with treasure and at one point I thought I was completely fucked because my two worst units were surrounded by like 5 thieves that were stronger than them at the door. They literally kept moving around the door (I had already locked it at this point mind you) instead of just attacking me lol

Yep
youtube.com/watch?v=fNPfh701oBI

I think enemy thieves never engage in combat in any FE game since they it would be too easy to stop them from running away

How the fuck do you get fucked over by gambits when the enemy barely uses them and when they do do so in a nonsensical way? Simple is not inherently bad, and yes reduced accuracy and such is a punishment and something you needed to balance when considering a pack of enemies with weapons that affected the triangle differently. Also unrelated, but holy shit dismounting and canto have no business coming back either.

>Personally, I'd restrict their usage to 1 per map. That way you still have 9 gambit uses per map, including the overly broken stride. 9 free hits is more than enough in my opinion, and probably still too much in terms of strategic difficulty.
Not him but I agree on this. That way you at least have to make a decision whether you wanna waste your gambit now or wait to see what else is happening later on the map. The way it is currently, using them is an absolute no-brainer in any sticky situation.

>Later bosses and even the early optional boss death knight have a skill
I feel like this isnt enough to make up for 95% of the game having gambits as a free for all. DK was nice in that regard though.
>the monster barrier breaking system seems to be built around the usage of gambits.
Kinda true but again, that still doesn't balance them towards the rest of the game. Not to mention that you have multiple uses.

bump

You know that these niggers don't spoiler pic or text, You mongoloid

>retard
Ad hominem because you have no arguments. Nice.
>without considering how it might affect how someone plays the game
That's exactly what people do when they name this as shit balancing....
>Using combat arts and setting breaker skills as passives to “replace” the triangle effectively remove any drawbacks and thought you might put into weapon use if you weren’t a turtling casual.
That's exactly the problem you idiot. The player gets all the tools to reinstate the triangle, while the enemy gets nothing, therefore only reaps the benefit AND gets multiple weapon wielding on top of that?
Yeah that's totally not the most blatant casualisation in the whole franchise.

Please leave discussion about game design to the people understanding it, and stay with posting pretty pictures.

I don't get what you mean with stat totals.

Its just telling you who the enemy will attack next turn based on the enemy AI patter of "most dmg", even though as said, they also show you when the enemy won't follow that pattern.
Also when you select the enemy the line is coming from you can see exactly how much damage that enemy will make to you next turn.

Pretty casual all around.

Are A supports automatically romance supports?

Like, I have Dimitri and Dedue ready to go for A but I don' wanna have half my units end up in relationships with each other.

Hi, I'm the best Fire Emblem game ever.

You can say it. Don't be afraid by shit elitists who will never admit this game is superior to FE4/5

You're not even the best nu-FE.

Strip away the story and whats left is the mechanically worst FE that has ever existed.
And those animations. peeeuuuh

Monster kill skills barely do anything post time skip, theyre there to help you early game.

Shhh you'll trigger the weebs and casualfags with this true assessment of the game.

You’re agreeing with me, and acknowledging that I do have an argument.

No love for felix?

I dunno man, at least it isn't gaiden

They're the main qualification for the paired ending yes. I'm not sure if anyone has solid confirmation yet but the theory I'm on board with is that after that it chooses based on support points/whoever is highest in their close allies list. The safest so far is to just A-support the ones you want paired for the ending, and don't trust the same sex ones either. They're a bit more innocent and give off more of a bros/sisters for life kind of feel but they do still have paired endings

My Felix isnt a top tier desu idk what I'm doing wrong. He's just a mid tier for me. Maybe because I focused on brawling and swords?

To make further sense here, the retard I’m speaking of is the bigger you’ve been arguing with who thinks calling the triangle Rock Paper Scissors is an actual argument. You and I are in agreement my friend.

Jesus christ, what were they thinking? Why am I not surprised that redditors call it the best FE ever, its literally made for them.

Weird given my Felix was a monstrosity as swordmaster

you can [spolier]hold hands[/spoiler] with dimitri though

Ctrl+S new friend

>Like I've pointed out
Didn't read, didn't care.
But yup the post you replied to is definitely right. Take off the goggles.

I made him focus more on brawling though. I should get around to fixing that. Everyone keeps saying hes REALLY good and I'm not seeing it

mine too, he consistantly fucks everyone.

Unironically wanted to pander harder to the waifu crowd than Fates did. Defenders will claim no, but all the excess time spent at the monastery and focus on supports to the detriment of the gameplay says otherwise.

>tfw you can't Kamina/Touma punch the angst out of Edelgard or Dimitri in a "YOU'RE NOT LIVING YOUR LIFE CORRECTLY!" or "GRIT YOUR TEETH, SIMON!"
Shit sucks bro.

Looks like I'm so tired of retards spouting that nonsense I see it even when it isn't there.
Sorry user.

>TEEHEE I love doing nothing
>All males in my 10 mile radius is my beta cuck
>Stronger then my Raphael and at one point me
>Unga Bunga me strong, me double and or one shot everything
>Based as fuck
>Grow huge tits post time skip
CAN SHE BE STOPPED?

Attached: Hilda_Heroes.png (732x878, 258K)

No worries. It’s good to see someone else willing to stand up for good mechanics even if they are deceptively simple.

You can see who will pair with who in the endings by looking at 'Closest Allies' in their character page

Cuntblock her with Dimitri.

No, he will cook you diner then fuck you passionately

Yea so I'll probably ignore A-supports for the time being then.
This. All the blue haired trannies on twitter shouting how good the writing is in all caps, should've been a heads up on the situation, but its literally the same generic animu crap that every generic animu story has. Only with more gay.

>Sylvain/Mercedes B

Madlad got laid even before an A support

HIL DA HIL DA
game is pretty easy due to new mechanics, however it looks like theyll have 2 harder modes comin up, which it needs because otherwise its a great game

Of course. I've been saying it in many threads. Even if you wanna reduce the WT on to its most basic form, then it still had strategic value since you had to look at the map and determine which units go where, as opposed to just bumping anyone against anyone like a kid bashing its toys together.

This is literally the most braindead Fire Emblem to date.

>Infernal difficulty with Long ranged nukes on Dimitri's final map
>Ballistas in Edelgard's final map
>mobile fortress Nemesis out for blood
These will be [spoiler__fun__[/spoiler]

Claude only act retarded at the gronder battle because devs wanted a three way battle for some reasons and ignored the story. You don't have to kill any GD units there too which is nice. But Lorentz will die at the bridge battle if you don't recruit him.

>which it needs because otherwise its a great game
>otherwise
What's left?
The mediocre maps? The generic anime students? The general feel of it?
I'm not even memeing but I really wanna know what you anchor that statement to. What is an SRPG when the whole strategy aspect is as botched as it is the case here?

I seriously doubt that the lunatic update will actually fix anything, because they'd have to rebalance pretty much every aspect, and they couldnt even do it for the release version so I doubt they'd put in the time to do it post release.

>It's another strategy Game that doesn't require strategy

BRAVO IS

how was positioning like in older FEs

Oh cool, good to know. I was planning on recruiting all the deers I could anyway with the fuckload of excess renown I got even after remaxing out my professor level. Wait if Lorenz can be recruited whos the other unrecruitable in the deers then? Hilda?

You don't need much strength for the death knight. Usually I tried to trade once with a fast unit like Byleth, hoping he won't crit. Then do gambits to wear him down a little to be in range for a rapier strike.
Or you just steal the seal.

more like
>It's another strategy Game in a franchise that doesn't require strategy and now even requires less to cater to discord trannies and redditors just looking for instant gratification

Keep fighting the good fight, though I’m convinced the Rock Paper Scissors defense is being used by the same person because they give the same retarded defense if they get challenged to elaborate.

Ctrl+S or [.spoiler][/.spoiler] without periods my guy.

is linhardt the only fuckable gay boy?

Without the meme lines warning you about making careless moves.

Yes, Alois will bro you so hard you become straight

>>It's another strategy Game in a franchise that doesn't require strategy
What a load of shit. Conquest and any pre-Awakening FE at least required you to pay attention.

Yes

if you can trust a bunch of modders, they enabled Maddening and enemies' behavior actually change
>generic students
i dont get this sentiment. a lot of them has real personalities and charm. much, much more than the other nu-FE, and i would even said more than FE 7 and 8
honestly, if they just ditch the school "setting" but keep their personalities intact, you people would praise them
hell, i even like them more than the cardboard that is most of the Ogre Battle cast, and that thing IS my favorite game

No, Dimitri is, but he only takes BBC.

>is being used by the same person
For sure.
There's a couple of shills always spouting the same stuff, even though they always get blown out by other anons. Yet they keep repeating it.

>This is literally the most braindead Fire Emblem to date.
FE Awakening will visit you today to have a talk.

Byleth's beautiful coochie?

No, Dedue.

I had so many hopes after Conquest. I really thought we were gonna get a game that pandered to storyfags and gameplayfags in the next original installment after it.

Even Awakening required more thought since it had the triangle, lacked dismounting, and didn’t have aggro lines.

>a lot of them has real personalities and charm
>if they just ditch the school "setting" but keep their personalities intact, you people would praise them
No we wouldn't, because they're still generic anime characters. Whether you're the skirt chaser, or shy shut-in nerd stereotype in school or not, its still the same types.

And also I don't think FE characters need to be "fleshed out". People use that as a defense for the generic writing as if it actually matters. FE characters were fine the way they were. Strategy units with a bit of personal background that kept it short and simple. Great. A big win for brevity.

Bewitching Byleth cunt?

Byleth's biguiling cave?

I love this website sometimes.

Yes it is. It's only real flaw is that it's generally too easy, but fire emblem tends to be either too easy or too hard. It's fun to play, the story is good, the cast is great and you have a bunch of different campaigns to go through.

>Reads Raphael endings
>Almost all of them are women taken over his life and business. Two that he gets cuck hard by his sister fucking Ignatz and Shamir running away. Only based one is making Leonie pay her tab with her pussy and by marrying him
Also don't forget to give the gatekeeper a smooch

Attached: 1565058175072.png (685x439, 157K)

I hate awakening but thinking F3H is not more casual than that, is delusion.

the triangle doesnt matter when you can pair people up and face tank everything
and aggro line is nothing detrimental, tb h. you still have the danger area indicator back then, and the AI can be easily routed into attacking the lowest hp/most fragile units.

In her route she is a well intentioned extremist, in all other routes she is batshit crazy.

Birthright.

Here's your balance patch: remove that shit from the game

The best game in the franchise is Conquest, much to storyfags eternal asspain.

No, her story is actually the only one really picking up the pre-time skip events that all routes had to go through.

Or just crank up the Charm of all enemy units. Dimitri was a bitch to kill in Edelgard's route because he literally dodges everything and his charm is so high no gambit would work on him.

You still had to use your head and check how many enemies you were in range of, aggro lines do it for you now. And even with how broken pair up was in Awakening you still needed to think a little bit before your main units became walking gods. This game wastes no time in letting you know you don’t actually have to strategize at all.

>kostas in infernal
Ok what the fuck how am I suppose to win against this dude with his high as fuck avoid? Do I just wait for Jeralt to save my ass then attack

Attached: 1564630135441.gif (966x836, 948K)

I don't think Raphael minds too much, his little sister was basically his whole reason for everything and regarding Ignatz his supports with Ignatz mostly involve just wanting to be bros again and have Ignatz hang out with him and his sister again. Having your best bro marry into your family, isn't bad either, At least he knows Ignatz will be good for her and all of them are doing what they actually want instead of forcing themselves to be knights. It's a simple kind of happiness

>just inflate stats to fix it in a game with stupidly high stats
No it’s better if it’s just not there if you have to resort to that desu.

>no option to fuck a fat bitch
trash game

It's not inflating because literally every enemy's charm is garbage unless they're an important character. They should also add more golems because magic is broken in this game.

>scroll to the enemies
wow, my head hurt
in all seriousness, i dont really like the debate of "target line" making the game easier, cause its a textbook case of "more information = bad" infighting of every genre/fandom ever
on OP units, sure they removed the crutch (ala trap) that is 1 OP starter in favor of a more homogenous cast, and for the fact that, well, they didnt let the enemies has the kneeler skill early enough
hoping Maddening (or Lunatic) will fix this. cause the datamined maddening mode play pretty differently

Thing about that is eventually you get to a point where you are given too much information, having it do calculations for you in one thing, showing you what the AI is going to do almost 100% is another thing entirely and removes any feeling of you possibly taking a risk or putting a unit in a bad spot, because, well now you know that units not getting touched.

>advance wars died for this piss easy waifu simulator
it hurts

Attached: AW2_Sensei.gif (92x134, 2K)

The A.I has some very scary set ups and generally non committal in attacking so they will run away or will have rallies and position to get gambit boosts (that's what happened to me in my GD run). Imagine if FEH A.I didn't just attack the nearest enemy to them and had set ups like rally+spur stacking before going into combat so the red lines might be a detriment to the playthrough because they might not even attack that unit.

I would like to say this is my maddening run on my hacked switch. I don't know of any of this will still be like this in the lunatic patch.

Monkey Paw
New game is either a moblie game or they try to make it edgy again

How to fix TH

>Maps contain more terrain to impede mounted units such as Heroes' Trenches or Strong Winds to block fliers
>Dismounting drastically reduces stats
>Weapon triangle exists, but is negligible at low weapon proficiency skill. Gets better as you improve with that weapon
>Enemies all have sensible weapon proficiency skill equipped, so bandits would naturally be unskilled but elite guards would be well skilled
>Archer and Thief style classes also get less of a move penalty in woods
>Depending on class, mage units are limited to a certain amount of slots to keep spells, which cover both Black and White magic. Multiple slots can be assigned to a single spell to massively increase uses
>Gambits are refocused to make them have some downsides, not sure how, even if its a simple nerf to certain aspects
>Give enemies more skills

Villager AI is still dumb as hell
Like holy fuck stop running into a pack of bad guys

Stop reading after the first two

>you still have the danger area
>dont really like the debate of "target line" making the game easier,
Because you're an idiot who tries to be part of a conversation you're too stupid for.

It is automating an aspect of the strategy layer that definitely needs to stay manual. It doesn't give you more information, it outright tells you what is gonna happen next turn. Only an absolute moron would simplify the strategic impact this has on positioning to people just complaining about more information.

Not to mention that ALL of us, have done poor moves in the past sometimes that we got punished for. So don't even start with the "scroll to enemies" and weakest unit stuff. In this game you literally cannot make a wrong move anymore because the game screetches at you when doing it.

Plus as pointed out, its not even about showing you whats happening next turn, but also showing you unusual AI behavior upfront.

>ause the datamined maddening mode play pretty differently
It is different but not THAT different, and the main issues still remain.

There’s a difference between the game telling you damage calculations in the player phase and making it neigh impossible to fuck up for the enemy phase. It’d be like playing chess and your opponent telling you what moves would make you lose a piece before you do anything. At that point it ceases to require thought, and the lack of triangle and dismounting don’t do this any favors.

True, but dont those lines “change” at the end of your unit action? As in they find a more favorable target and attack it instead?
1 time i put a healer on the wrong side by mistake, and they all gang up on her instead of the marked units

>the red lines might be a detriment to the playthrough because they might not even attack that unit
That sounds cancer.

Cavcucks lose again

>99 hit
>edelgard misses
>thief has 40 hit and 1 crit
>hits and crits her
FUCK YOU

>Weapon triangle still exists but is negligible
Don’t care if it’s temporary, why would you want that at any point when the upside of the triangle is punishment for bad weapon choice in enemy phase?

Do the support scenes ever get interesting? Having to watch 5 scenes in a row of Hubert being an edgy asshole or Dorothea being an uptight whore becomes a slog pretty quickly.

>cause its a textbook case of "more information = bad" infighting
I totally agree with you here.
In fact I think the game should show us even more information, like the future ten turns and the skills/gambits the enemy is gonna use.

That would make the game even more fun to play! No its not its literally just following on-screen instructions you retard.

Not him, and I can only speak for myself, but in finishing two routes on hard/classic, the times where this actually amounted to something significantly different, is something I can count on one hand.

For the most part those lines are correct.
Also, in your example, the lines would actually tell you that she's gonna be attacked because it still happened in your turn, therefore changing the lines.

Some characters are better than others. Bernadetta was the worst when it came to repetitive support scenes.

Sometimes yes, but generally theyll stay with what they said they were as you were moving the unit, so say you moved your unit to a tile and it showed him being attacked by 3 units. Unless you happened to choke his space or moved a weaker unit in without checking the lines and that shifted their priorities thats exactly what will happen.

id love for higher difficulties to remove the lines if nothing else, theyre just terrible for a strategy game and im trying to not get used to them

I'm glad 3H is like my favorite game ever now

>Le slippery slope
Mate, the infomation is alr there, just more prominent. No one is asking for more info
And the enemies actively find new target at the end of a units action, so you still can fuck up. Its not fixed

Because it grows as units grow. Currently in the game, the stuff like axebreaker are results of your unit becoming proficient in their weapon. By making the weapon triangle grow in strength as the unit does, it displays the fruits of your efforts, instead of being free

Likewise, as you fight more skilled enemies, they too can use this against you. And because you have to equip the weapon proficiency skills, they limit players going as a master of all trades. Of course this depends on them giving enemies skills

Tl;dr, this way displays unit growth in mechanics while granting a difficulty curve

just turn back time bro :^)
More like double cancer
>hey guys we implemented that thing so that warns you about bad positioning
>also, on higher difficulties it might not work
gimme a break

Its all backstory anyway. You can play it without even realising things. like me not noticing Gilbert was Anette's absentee dad until their support

The Death Knight fears the Loli

Attached: 1565062148616.png (870x1440, 985K)

So, what conprise a truly challenging game? not hard in the tedious sense, but require actually thinking
im actually really interested in making a trpg

Attached: 5F28F54C-1163-46FB-9CA6-1446347D9632.jpg (1800x1191, 177K)

Wait, Hilda's in Heroes now? I might pick it back up.

>To pussy to fight him
>Lost all access to Dark Sage class
Reeeee

>he infomation is alr there
No it isn't.
You had to assess the situation based on the enemy movement and the HP/weakness of your own, or you know, as we like to call it: play a strategy game.
Now this is automated for you.
>And the enemies actively find new target at the end of a units action, so you still can fuck up. Its not fixed
zzzzzz bad faith shitpost. Stop lying user. In 99% of cases it doesn't happen and even if, it hardly changes anything because the only time they choose a new target is because their path is blocked.
If you put your weak units in the second row, nothing will happen to them because they still can't get through unless they remove your units first, so the lines stick 99% of the time.
Stop making shit up to defend stuff nobody wants.

Just finished the Deers route, should I go for Church or Lions next? For the church route is there any units from the other two houses I need to recruit to save? I had resigned myself to killing off the eagles on my first run with Claude and co but I wasn't expecting to have to kill Ashe too he was a good boy.

Should have recruited the loli

>is alr there,
Having a stroke there? Don't choke on your idiocy user.

At least beasts are largely consistent and will attack upon sight.

Edelgard route

Attached: 1565037351975.jpg (2154x2730, 415K)

I'M YOUR GIRL

Attached: 1564926197828.jpg (886x1200, 100K)

good map design is always going to be a staple in making a challenging srpg, along with side objectives, keeping npcs alive, getting to a point before a unit can escape, getting treasure before its lost to the map or an enemy unit takes it etc. Alot of these can be used to spruce up a map

Also finding a balance in enemy design, you dont want every enemy to be a complete mook but you dont want every enemy to be a huge pain in the ass so you gotta find a good middle ground in there, and if you can do so without giving the enemy unit bullshit enemy-only skills and have it all be something the player can also do thats always a plus

I think you are misinterpreting my point
It was the good old debate of dota 2 way back then: should you show the enemy’s mana bar under their health?
>you can click on the enemy and it show every info, including said mana
>1 side want it to be visible at all time, so its easier for descision making
>1 side want you to actual click on the enemy to check, thus have to waste 1s/ be fast
and i was on the side of “you have to click it”. So yeah, i want less prominent info. Im on your side

Imagine seeing a edgy bastard 360° in the air before you die

Enemy placement and “fairness” are probably most important. Whatever systems you input should be usable by the enemy. Simplicity helps in this regard because you’re less likely to be bogged down by AI. The fairness goes both ways too, for example as much as I love Conquest lunatic mode the last few chapters are bullshit because of enemy exclusive skills. Placement matters in that packs of enemies should have counters to the most obvious strategies, at least in more difficult modes depending on what you’re aiming for. Variety in objectives, especially defensive ones helps keep the game interesting too.

does th have an actual game tip explaining the lines

Its not the same though since highlighting an enemy would only show his movement range, not who he's gonna target next turn based on the current positioning.

You'd still had to put in the, admittedly, not too difficult work of thinking about who's gonna get targeted. In most cases it was obvious but sometimes it wasn't, and sometimes you'd screw up.

I'm not really feeling this change because it takes that away in favor of not letting the player make mistakes. Same with gambits. They also feel like a cop-out in bad situations, like anons above have argued.

who likes bows

Attached: 20190806064302.png (1280x720, 1.73M)

not with the personashit school gameplay.

I dunno lady, I don't think I can support someone who parks their friends on intentionally trapped burning hills. Plus my daughter/wife just told me to stab you in the face

>Now this is automated for you.
I forgot combat in this game had an autowin button kek

Second best in the last 15 years. Shadow Dragon is still the greatest in the franchise.

Funny enough IS said that their inspiration wasn't Persona but Genealogy of the Holy War.
And sure enough it's similar.

Those side objectives remind me of the nightmare that is playing sacred stone as my 1st FE. Those fucking bandits

>dubstep techno music against evil cult
>battalions
it made me miss advance wars, but monkey's paw etc etc

Attached: vegeta.gif (500x375, 756K)

Why not both?

True
I seiously hope its a training wheel of sort (cause they clearly want to attract new fans with all the tone changes), and will be disabled in higher difficulties

>>Weapon triangle exists
No. Fuck that. Weapon triangle is one of
the worstt mechanic in the series.

Goddamn I fucking hate weebs

like enemy strength its all about striking a balance , but some of them should be a optional challenge with a fitting reward if you make it, if not for the just godawful AI of green units there would be a map in fe6 that did this great, you had 3 groups of allies to keep alive, several villages to get to before bandits did, completely optional but very rewarding if you managed it

So what happens if you beat him? I was also too pussy to fight him when he first appeared. Do you get a special custscene or is it typically JRPG fashion where you destroy him during gameplay and the cutscene shows him completely fine

any fellow eagles here, post caspars

Attached: 20190806081542.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

Aw, poor user doesn’t like thinking beyond who he chooses to attack does he? Don’t worry, there’s a whole genre of games you can interact with that require little thought.

are you the same user from i think last night who talked about my ferdinand, you still at it huh, i dont hold any strong opinions about the weapon triangle but you gotta chill man

The manlet rage

>Resistance army
Is this the Blue Lions or Golden Deer?

oh fuck i forgot that could be seen my bad, it's black eagles > church route

Is Unarmed Combat good? Does it have any benefit over just using Gauntlets?

Thats pretty much F3H combat in a nutshell.
You can't really lose in many regards.
Whether you exploit training weapons for extra hits, or gambits for free hits, etc.

0 weight, infinite uses, funny looking aesthetic since youre just using fists, but otherwise no. youre probably better off just using training gauntlets+ unless you really want to meme around

>Fuck that. Weapon triangle is one of
>the worstt mechanic in the series.
t.absolute brainlet

same guy who posted the caspar with the elixirs, great knight fucks your speed so bad

Attached: 20190806082544.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

How dare the game about raising your students use gameplay mechanics to show their growth?

Here's what I think. Weapon triangle in neither good or bad because of the free damage you can have against the opponent on the side of the triangle except for if you use axes because axes are always shit no matter the game.

>shit opinion
>can't spell or format his sentences properly
thanks for notifying everyone you're a moron.

>You don't have access to Luna and Sol (the skill) in this game
Goddammit.

>Spead Pegasus blessings
KEK, Also holy fuck i didn't knew you can grow stat items

Attached: IMG_20190618_232652.jpg (480x456, 25K)

If you want the weapon triangle back so badly just equip breaker skills.

gotta get those casualbux

I used to think Caspar was shit, and then I made him a Fortress knight. Fucker can tank absolutely any physical attack.

I'm finishing mine off as a Great Knight though, since I'm making Byleth a Warmaster.

>Axes are always shit
I hate it. So much

he struggled so hard with speed early on so i thought gauntlets having low weight would help, but as soon as i got him to brawler the speed started coming in, pretty much every unit is a late bloomer this way and i love it

Hit is always the most vital stat. It's why all my units carry training weapons

Hell, training weapons could have been balanced with poor durability or maybe no access to weapon arts

retard here, is enlightened one a shit class

i think it's the only class that gives you 4 bonus exp (sword/faith/brawl/authority), and you get to use magic, so i would say no

It's Mortal Savant but way better

The weapon triangle doesn't require you to think at all. It's a mechanic that shows dumb people to think they they're being strategic.

The game already does that most fine. The weapon triangle would just make an easy game even easier.

Any experienced FE player knows this mechanic is trash.

>Raphael got magic but no Strength for 4 levels
Ahhhh why is this happening to all my units

Attached: 1543910607530.jpg (597x597, 40K)

>tfw no leonie gf

wtf bros this is actually depressing

Attached: 1565036643035.jpg (500x500, 50K)

Having weapon triangle makes you need to plan your units specialities

Does Dedue focus all on Axe to get superpowerful, but leave him open to swords (leading you to need to field a countersword unit along him) or do you train him in spears too so he has more options, but he'll never get his axes as strong as if he monofocused them

That's almost all FE combat in a nutshell. Divine Pulse just saves you from resetting, for example.

Gatekeeper deserves a paralogue aka the commoner unit with the insane stat gains.

It only gives the illusion of strategy. It's a crutch for bad design. In your specific example, the difference is negligible.

Can't you just steal the dark seal from him?

Does her supports get better, since so far she´s only pissed off that I´m Jeralt´s kid and not her. Similar to how Catherine only talks about Rhea. Fuck those retards obsessed with parental figures

Good because Bernadettas English voice is Ryuko

At first i thought she wanted to fuck him but then later Our dad trained her and gived her a keepsake. But fuck she's super obsessive over him still. "wah I'm angry that i didn't came out his dick and you have to prove to me your worthy

The game doesn't need a weapon triangle it just needs more rapier and hammer enemies
it seems IS is aware of it but just shoved 500 mages in the game which get eaten up by pegasus riders which are just super broken since they can dismount and mount at will

It's the best Fire Emblem if you don't like Fire Emblem.

Dismounting Flying units seem op as fuck. Like at least lost some stats or something

Faraldius' death in the Blue Lions route is fucking stupid, how the fuck do all these Empire and Alliance fags play the victim after getting their ass kicked when they invaded in the first place? Am I supposed to feel sorry for invaders that got repelled?

The weapon skills already do that by forcing weapon masteries as skills. Even shit like close counter I threw away because there were more important things. And your example is trash since doodoo is a monstrous tank that would give zero shits about swords even if they had their garbage wta advantages.

>Hybrid class without a speed or defense penalty
>bad

The game gives you a free armor/horse shield that negates the weakness but I can’t recall a single enemy having effective weaponry against them.

You can keep Close Counter if you focus as an Archer though, as you need less skills to prop up other weapons

Bow crit and mastery are 2/5 skills right there, then I valued pass, mov+1 and accuracy +20 more than cc

Does unspent renown carry over into ng+? What about from ng+ to ng++?

Yes, yes. You also get a free 6.5k renown or something, which is more than enough to get your prof level back

Cool, I can also B rank some people so they ask me to join my class right?

Yes but it’s rather expensive. Plus time locked supports are still time locked, so you can’t buy caspar’s b rank immediately for example. Given you have 9 times more time than before consider just using meals to raise supports.

>pass
bernie? lol. if you get to s+ rank you get a 2nd bowfaire shes so good with hunter volley that i dropped from bow knight once i maxed it

No. People who suck church's dick think she is

And its up to you what you value more. Point is, you can't truly excel at more than one weapon, so the weapon triangle would help the game prevent one unit from snowballing

Hell, making the weapon triangle scale with the Proficiency skill would balance this even further.

As other anons have said, thats more of a problem how rare the anti-armour/cav weapons are on enemies

>rock paper scissors is high strategy
Fucking retards.

Attached: Seteth 1.jpg (452x383, 16K)

>piss easy games for gorilla iq are more popular and considered """""""""good"""""""""" games

(lol

I love Hilda!

Attached: hilda.png (1920x1386, 2.48M)

So the black eagles route has a split path right?

Maybe I missed it but does flyan and seteth ever tell you the truth?

yup, edelgard did nothing wrong path and muh 6 gorrillion path

Who should I marry? Hilda, Leonie, Mercedes or Manuela

Attached: 1560377069809.png (598x737, 199K)

What the fuck is up with the horse animation

Attached: 1497977937965.jpg (320x401, 36K)

Manuela also who drew that?

Shit taste

Blame Days of Ruin
>not bad but why ditch the dual strike mechanic

>muh 6 gorrillion path
Is what sense?

Conquest is still the most mechanically sound game in the series. Storykeks need not apply.

Sorry I don't know, I saved it in a thread months ago

Yes. The fun one and the "Golden Deer but boring" one.

Based HildaCHAD.

Church route is great due to the fact you lose 2 op units. Its unironically the hardest route by not having a lord

>still has Catherine who is more broken than Edelgard
>don't have to deal with Dimitri's bullshit avoid
Yeah no.

just like any early game boss he retreats and reappears later completely fine

>Mercedes and Death Knight paralogue
All the Blue Lions get some real suffering

what the fuck is that dance thing that gives the unit you're dancing to stat boosts?
also what are the little heart things that appear after a turn?

>Rally
Buffs a stat
>Hearts
Indicates points earned towards supports

Goddess' dance I think? Also Dancer growths are shit by the way, you should only put your shittiest and most rng fucked unit as a dancer.

How do I get it?

Have Mercedes and Caspar in your class

Hi, I'm the biggest cuck in video games

Attached: 1558254710972.png (1200x1200, 778K)

literally my mom's snape

was he even after that edelpussy?

Lame. I guess I'll recruit Caspar then

Those threads are reddit tier retarded.
>the anime game is too anime!
>nooo we don't need character interactions because muh animu
you can skip all of the dialogues.

Aside from a too low difficulty pre-timeskip, rehashed auxillary battle maps and too much running around the school (tho there is a fast travel) the game is legitimately good and can at least be compared to gba titles.
Too bad lunatic patch seems to drop only in late October.

Attached: 1557331171306.png (396x322, 19K)

Why are flyers so broken in this game?
You can basically just skip half of the map design.

Fliers have always been like that

Maddening hacked switchfag here, be prepared to take the red lines with a grain of salt because if the enemy's odds aren't in their favour (I believe the threshold is if you kill them in retaliation or you have 30 more hit than them) they will not initiate and instead run away and rally other better troops.

Who's the best dancer?

Flayn. Best to put an underperforming mage there so they can still take advantage of the magic the class allows

No-one unless you're willing to sacrifice a top tier healer like Mercedes as a dancer

I made Edelgard a dancer by mistake. It was funny though, respeccing her back to a dancer after timeskip.

Marianne

I made Annete my mage as she wanted to take part in the event. Now she isn´t as good at magic and is terrible at swordplay

I'm on chapter 21 of birthright with plans to beat it and come back one year to play shit stain revelations. Should I drop birthright and just start playing three houses now or just finish birthright since i've only got like 5 missions left.

Attached: 1456152934497.jpg (700x700, 394K)

JP voices are fantastic, but most people on Yea Forums are dub users. Dub is just okay, your standard English dub.

Attached: __byleth_byleth_and_manuela_fire_emblem_three_houses_and_etc_drawn_by_oda_non__3245fa00b55edd5ec4a38 (900x1299, 563K)

Do whatever the fuck you want.

You can beat the entirety of Path of Radiance with just Ike, he is that good

I thought the same
isn't she a good healer though

The triangle is the most braindead mechanic you troglodyte. Normies didnt even have to calculate hit or damage as a result of it, they just throw them swords at axes, axes at lances, lances at swords!

And now the games are even more braindead because you can throw anything bulky into a pack of enemies with no punishments

Bullshit, the second any enemy warriors or mages come into view, your tankiest armor will melt.

Unless of course, you are a casual who played on normal and grinded on side battle maps forever.

As if weapon triangles mattered more than the stats themselves in all the games.

Oh can you actually play it?

Yea but you can still use light magic as a dancer

False. I'm only early in and the enemy pegasi in Lorenz's paralogue double Raphael for 10+ damage, even ignoring the mages.

Yeah if you hacked the switch

remember the asshurt

Attached: 1564146569457.png (587x195, 17K)

>flame mperor asks me to be ally
>say yes
>no ur lying fuck u
>edelgard asks me if I truly want to join flame emperor
>say yes
>R-really? w-well maybe he will show himself to you without the mask one day...and you can make that decision

Cute!

Attached: 1564298135898.png (720x900, 420K)

If I missed getting Caspar in my blue lions playthrough, can I still get it on another campaign if I have both him and Mercedes?

A very low bar

Ia it actually difficult?

Well it isn't awakening Lunatic+ bullshit but it's pretty difficult. I'd say it's only as difficult as Reverse Lunatic New Mystery of the Emblem

Is there anywhere I can find the stills from this game? I'm trying to find the scene of Dimitri standing in the rain.

I actually agree

Yes, she burns Bernie alive if you don't recruit her.

I wish Dimitri had a rage mechanic where his stats get boosted everytime you kill his units in Gronder and or in Chapter 17 of BEagles would make for a much better fight. I cheesed it pretty easily with the +20 hit.

This is my first FE game ever, and I believe I've made a mistake not playing on casual mode. Lost a unit, Ingrid or something, seemingly forever during my third or fourth battle. Should I delete my game and start over?

>wanting boarman to be virtually unhittable and oneshotting everyone
Not even Lysithea can help you with avoidance that high

Yes

Fuck.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 81RoGudxgtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1372, 352K)

A game carried by the presentation and story

>his come uppance
For what? And you can kill him in Edgelords house, you edgelord

>story

Dorothea by a mile

>carried

youtu.be/ViOTnm9OXOI?t=1424
>Empire's best archer sits at the ballista
>"wow that's like really evil"
>it's rigged to blow up if you use it after YOU have killed Bernie
>"Oh my god how utterly disgusting"
All this misinformation actually tells me that Edel is in fact best girl.

Don't know on what I should use my ticket. I can pirate dq11 and use the music mod, have most of the others and don't care about the last ones. Only played the gba fire emblem game, wondering if I should get this now

Yes but all the magic girls are too fucking cute as Dark Knights or maximum elegant as Gremories, especially her.

Enemies hit a lot harder post-timeskip, but it sounds to me like you're playing slowly and using Dedue as an armor unit, which tends to make most FEs laughably easy. That includes 6 HM and 7 HHM.

You can keep going if you want, that's a valid way of playing Fire Emblem and arguably the right way.

thanks user I was sort of worried I'd be missing out on all the discussion and fun if I wasn't playing the current newest one.

I enjoyed Birthright. People will be talking about Three Houses for months considering how long it takes to complete all routes, and then people will come back to discuss it more when the new difficulties/dlc drop.

Attached: __scarlet_fire_emblem_fates_and_etc_drawn_by_koyorin__5f372a82428723145b75caa1bebca0d9.jpg (900x900, 432K)

Very important question;
are any of the girls as good as Peri?

Good persona game

I really like the team up mechanics from awakening and the huge changes made in fates/if.

They are fun despite terrible writing and localization flaws. I want to come back to them on emulation in the future so I can crank up the resolution and pokemonamie the waifus. The models are really cool and the sprites are always fun.

I'll finish it this week and start a church run in three houses by this time next week.

Attached: 1456153001667.jpg (700x700, 347K)

Thankfully, any girl in Fire Emblem is better than Peri.

any girl is better than Peri

I should've seen that coming.
Guess I'll have to play it and find out but so far nobody seems worth S ranking.

Attached: laughing half laguz.png (241x248, 103K)

Should I be trying to recruit more units? Is there any downside to not recruiting units? I like my default team. Also, how does reclassing work in this game?

I beat the bl path and I'm halfway through blacked eagles, and I literally never realized that the wep triangle was gone until I read your post. I ignored just about all marketing for the game

Game is set up so you have enough units to deploy with just your house plus Cyril, Flayn, and one other (most likely a teacher or something as they're the next easisest to recruit unless you picked fByleth and got a free Sylvain).

>mfw finishing BL route and am almost thinking of doing another "perfect" BL route rather than another house because I don't want to kill these characters and I want to save as many others as I can

Attached: angery.png (488x458, 310K)

>yfw final villains for Golden Dawn were dubstep mole people

test

>middle of the road map design
>baby piss easy on the hardest difficulty setting available
No it's not

>baby piss easy
So you haven't fought Flayn's Uncle yet?

there is a spoiler tag for a reason you son of a whore.

hilda got so fucking hot after the timeskip

Golden Deer in general got the biggest upgrades and managed to avoid a single JUST.

Anyone has a list with the skills you get after maxing a class? i wanna do maxium damage

Attached: 1538667398464.jpg (700x520, 51K)

ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Class_Mastery_Unlockable_Abilities_and_Arts#Master_Classes

Wait you can save him in BE route? I thought I had to kill him in the city he was defending?

does anyone have the link for the dupstep mole theme?

You can recruit other people forget about this bitch.

no one asked you to click on the image

Awful idea

Part 1

white clouds

Absolute Top Bitch

Attached: 1564973428855.jpg (1024x579, 78K)

Part 2

Azure moon

Its only real purpose was to make axe users somewhat useable compared to GOD swords and average lances. This was something attempted in FE4 and only really fixed by FE6-7.

Everyone sounds good except Mercedes.
Western VAs can’t do breathy voices.

Even then Axes were still kind of shite unless you get screwed by RNG and get crit by a devil axe user

Birthright is really fun, if only to play with the weirdo classes they introduced, Merchant is one of my favourites

Attached: tumblr_o38kejeDsN1u85wpqo1_500.png (500x636, 264K)

Anywhere in the EU where I can buy the limited edition at not scalping prices? Are the any news on restocks? Am I sol?

Is there a complete list of Paralogues (and how to unlock them) anywhere yet? I looked up a few but none of them listed this one, probably only listed the ones you'd get by default just not letting anyone die.

Sorry but no, nothing will beat FE7 on the GBA. No anime bullshit, romance crap, awesome sprites, good story / music, quick clean and to the point.

nice bait

playing it right now, finishing Eliwoods route. Liking it so far.
Should I play other gba FEs after?

pretty much
the importance of sensei's cummies really hurts the story to be honest

Too bad their sales figures are terrible.

Her plan is to team up with reptilians so that she can erase other reptilians and then proceed to backstab the first ones in the back.
But she does this all without properly explaining it and also launches a massive invasion force utilizing cosmic horror monsters. Her motives are somewhat understandable, but she went on to execute it the most violent and radical way possible.

The map design is literally fine, it ranges from average to great

FE7 isn't even the best GBA game. I bet you wait until 20 to promote and think Hector is a good lord.

>FE7 isn't even the best GBA game
and what game is?

>no weapon triangle

shit meme, my ferdinand hust mastered cavalier and he has sword breaker while using a lance, triangle is there but you need to INVEST to have it

Based Thracia obviously

I asked about gba