If you were in charge of the next castlevania, how would you make it...

If you were in charge of the next castlevania, how would you make it? I would use a dark souls esque combat system but add a shit load of platforming. Make it tough as nails like the old games. I'm torn as to whether it should be linear like the classics or more exploratory like SotN.

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg (454x550, 90K)

I'd go back to the roots and just make a big open world Dracula's castle with no loading screens or seperate maps, and have Assasin's Creed climbing (like botw added to zelda).

Then add weapon crafting from gathering supplies and shit.

probably build it on the Phantom Pain engine

>Assasin's Creed climbing
Wouldnt that make for some dumbed down platforming? And I'm pretty sure the old games weren't open world

>dark souls esque combat system

Attached: IMG_1006.png (347x538, 446K)

And what would you propose?

>Take Harmony of Despair
>Remove jank
>Rebalance everything
>Remove RNG treasure chests, minimize grinding as much as possible, progression is limited to that specific campaign playthrough
>Structure vague storyline around the stages, mostly just an excuse to have the characters interact
>More co-op puzzles, more viable dual crushes, make the multiplayer aspect actually matter
>More characters
>More stages

Castlevaniaesque combat. Shove your jank up your ass soulsbabby.

Whatever happens it needs to have the power absorption system from the later iga games i dropped SOTN the other day when I realized it didn’t have it

I'm more concerned with it having actual platforming desu. I don't really give a shit what the combat is like. You're a nigger, though.

You're a fucking subhuman though.

What's the difference?

Attached: 23-239616_anime-girl-confused-png-transparent-png.jpg (840x769, 220K)

A 3D Castlevania that takes place in a huge Dracula's castle and its surrounding areas would be cool.

They weren't. He's a youngfag talking about SOTN. As for me, I would just make something similar to Castlevania Rebirth. A return to Castlevania's real roots. Basically a classicvania with some updated stuff like being able to control your jump more, maybe some new items here and there

I think a Metroidvania style one has a better chance of being good. Preferably one starring a Morris

>2D classicvania
>back to basics, play as Simon, basic sub items, 8bit
>retelling of CV for NES
>first level has you at the steps ready to fight Dracula akin to CV1
>before you can kill him, he starts jumping through time, you follow in pursuit
>each level from there on is taken from one of the other classic games
>jumps in artstyle drastically depending on the time period and game (8bit, 16bit, accurate color palettes)
>remixed version of all the classic songs
>tons of classic CV fanservice, bestiary, challenge options
>final level has you taking control of all the classic belmonts (Simon, Trevor, Christopher, Richter etc) to take down Dracula
>ending hints at sequel with metroidvania characters
Would you play it?

Attached: d8c.png (1122x527, 128K)

Guaranteed replies.txt

CV IV / Rondo but with an "Easy" mode for games journalists :^)

It should be like bloodborne

Why not just make a new game at that point?

>2019
>buying konami products
Might as well be buying from fucking EA or Activision.

CV4 was easy as fuck compared to the NES ones though?

im honestly fine with how lords of shadow played, as far as the 3d whip combat anyway. just make a game like that but with minimal upgrades if any at all, maybe just some extra subweapons. no double jump or anything, just stick to a simple moveset with levels that test your understanding of those basics.

Attached: Castlevania_Lords_of_Shadow.png (256x315, 165K)

>it's a Yea Forums ideas guy thread
these are the worst threads.

all of your ideas always boil down to [Game] + [game] or [game] + idea

>classicvaniafags
that will never happen
>metroidvaniafags
completely cornered by the indie market. it will also never happen

what I'm saying is a chance for any CV is low as fuck, 2D is long long dead

my dick + your mom

user if he played SOTN when he was 8 years old, he'd be 30 right now. are you unironically 30+ posting on this babysitting forum?

It's the easiest way to make someone understand what you want for a game.

it's retarded, vague and not remotely how any good game ever was ever made.

Who the fuck cares, we're not making these games. We just want to call each other faggots for our stupid ideas and maybe get one guy who thinks it's cool.

Do you expect us to write down an actual design doc for what's basically brainstorming for fun?

So literally Darksiders 3.

Only recently got into the Castlevania series and instantly fell in love. I'd be curious to see an updated version of Simon's Quest but not horribly designed. Going around the land, helping people while collecting Dracula's organs just so that we can kill him again. Kind of a dick move in hindsight.