Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cwGjcT_hu7E&list=PLdQyJkn03KWxxu2rFdhq-_lIzyjn9mUhG&index=5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes and no

yes I never understood the hate

Elaborate.

Yes now fuck off

It's fine.

Skyrim is an actual good game and Skyrim is also not an actual good game.

Extrapolate

no

If you're going to mod it, make sure to use Mod Organizer 2 from the outset. Switching from NMM or other to MO2 is painful (but worth it imo).

It's got a fun to explore world with lots of interesting places.

It also has a lame ass story where you get to be "The Chosen One" and neuters the RPG mechanics TES games had even further to appeal to smoothbrained argonians.

It's glitchy as fuck, terrible UI. The combat is sometimes good sometimes bad but always devolves into sneaky archer.

So is the Dragonborn a confirmed Nord male? The cover and trailer guy has to be the canon one.

>always devolves into sneaky archer
Sad but true.

>copypasted forts and caves
>fun

Probably.
Nords were cunts though.

The overworld is fun to explore, the dungeons and shit not so much. That's been the case with most of the TES games though. It has a few cool ones though.

If you mod your big dick futa darkelf in and let her rape your asshole everytime you visit whiterun, then yes.

Attached: 1558844054704.jpg (240x240, 6K)

>looks like shit
>plays like shit
>sounds like shit
>story is shit
>modding scene is the definition of polishing a turd

it's shit

It was a very good game, especially for its time, and introduced a lot (seriously a fucking huge amount) of casual gamers not only to rpgs, by just console games in general. I remember when this game came out, pretty much everyone I knew had a 360 or a ps3 and played this shit.

A lot of people complain that it’s buggy or that the story is garbage and doesn’t totally make sense in a lot of places. But at its core, it’s a very good game with tons of fun sidequests, great progression system, tons of factions and optional skills and skill trees to master, great for roleplaying, simple but engaging combat... the game might not hold up as well today but the sense of exploration you get from playing this game when going in blind is amazing. Idk I don’t wanna jerk off this game too hard, but it does a lot of things right.

People like to shit on the game because it’s very overrated, and it’s easy to pick at its flaws, but it’s still a great game.

It can be. If you can still use your imagination, are computer literate enough to mod it to fix bugs and optimize it, and enjoy immersion and all that, yes.
If you are a petulant asshole, there is plenty that can be complained about, but that goes for literally every game there is.

nigga it was terrible for roleplaying what are you smoking? You ARE the dragonborn, you can't just be some fuck off nobody or criminal mastermind or champion of the arena like in Daggerfall or Oblivion

never should of come here

ITT: Yea Forumstards spew random words they heard on Yea Forums about modding skyrim.

The sex mods for skyrim are actually extremely shit and are ONLY good for roleplaying, in terms of actual masturbation, people find them hard to jack it to.

90% of actual skyrim modding is new adventures, playing dress-up, and drooling over textures.

t- dude with over 2k hours in skyrim

Use your imagination you fucking tool. The game has a great world for immersing yourself in. You can decide in your head what you want your character to be. If you’re expecting every rpg to be completely sandbox game, you have unrealistic expectations

This is just my personal take but TES games in general are polarizing, they're either flawed gems or overrated dreck. Doesn't help that there isn't really another series quite like it
Pretty much what said, for everything right these games get they do something else wrong.

t. Knife ear piss skin

So you're saying you have to pretend for it to be a good game?

yeah i dont understand why people dont just play The Klub 17 instead, it's the GOAT slut doll game

>graphics
5/10
>aesthetic
8/10
>combat
3/10
>character customization
5/10
>roleplaying
5/10
>sandbox
7/10
>hours of content
7/10
>soundtrack
9/10
>characters and world writing
6/10
Adding this up we get a total score of 6/10. That is Skyrim's score as an RPG.

Only with mods

the gameplay is very shallow, the World is big but there is no reason too explore it since you can Craft anything better then you find, you cant rule play either since you end up being good at anything you and the dialog system dose nothing to help that. you become the masters of all Guilds without even trying and its full of rediant quests that will never end and olny exist too waste your time being a busy a erend by for everyone.

overall, 5/10 and i think the next elder scroll will be just the same or even worse since betsheda have forgotten how to make good games.

>spending tens of hours to get all the janky sex mods to work just to be rewarded with a sex animation from 2005
why do people do this? Why did I do it? Honey select and TK17 where right there all along

polishing a turd for a week can be a fulfilling experience once you accept it as just a turd

Attached: Cantpolishaturdtheyevenproveditonmythbusters_0040b7d4d316abb5566755ae02a16d04.jpg (400x300, 17K)

Skyrim is a great game for about the first 30 hours when you're scraping by and you're really only somewhat good at your important skills and the world still feels expansive

It gets a bit worse after that because you start to realize the map is smaller than you thought it was and all the dungeons are basically the exact same thing and never worth exploring unless you want more bland, unspecial loot

Then it starts to fucking suck because you've maxed out your most important skills and all there is left to do is suddenly switch from being a glass cannon wizard to a two-handed axe tank, and you realize your character is slowly being funneled toward a guaranteed endpoint, same as everyone else

Then you do the DLC and you just want it to be over because Dawnguard is awful and Dragonborn is good but you're burnt out beyond believe at that point

Attached: 1563319779584.jpg (853x630, 87K)

no, but sex mods makes it a bit better

Dawnguard: Cave Simulator

Dragonborn: Todd heard people liked Morrowind so he gave you Morrowind.

Enderal is really good, go play it

make it infinitely worse*

Try not coming into a thread just to regurgitate the popular thought on Yea Forums.

That's a pretty nice turd not gonna lie

try actually playing the game faggot, its boring as shit

>are ONLY good for roleplaying
Having seen gameplay for amorous adventures, I doubt that very much.

It's fun but very unpolished, like most bethesda games.

It's a good walking simulator with nice environments and music
The gameplay, quest design and story is very repetitive and the shallow level scaling combined with the ability to do everything without any real impact on your character makes the game janky and easy to break

I played it once through on xbox 360. Then i got it on PC years later just for the mods.

Eat shit, Yea Forumstard.

Attached: Untitled.png (389x118, 73K)

It’s pretty good. Bugs are fucking everywhere but once that’s taken care of it’s just amazing how much there is.

Interesting NPCs mod adds several dozen fun quests, characters, and opportunities to actually roleplay.

Then there's your choice of hardcore gameplay mods (Requiem, YASH, etc) to season combat and leveling to taste.

Finish it off with a few small dlc sized quest mods like Carved Brink or Wheels of Lull and you have a solid 8.5/10 game.

I enjoyed playing it so I'd say yes.

>mods this, mods that.

these things were made by fans not the dev team. mods should not be an example on why a game is good since its not officially part of the game. makes you wonder how the new game will be since i doubt you beable too mod it.

It was only good for modding.

OP didn't ask if vanilla Skyrim was a good game.
The assumption is that you evaluate the game along with all supplemental resources that are currently available.

No.

Yikes!

Attached: 1562493925718.jpg (514x493, 141K)

Not really. You can make the argument that it has a lot of content but that usually boils down to identikit dungeons and endless, tedious combat against draugr/bandits/necromancers

It was pretty good at launch when everything's new.
Now it's just a decent RPG at best, with shit combat not even modding could fix.
Great fapfuel and screen archery though.
With enough modding, you could at least make the exploration comfy.

It can be.

Attached: rugna6c.jpg (2560x1440, 358K)

Todd...

Attached: 473831AB-6242-45BF-9B0F-C3B227D1F1D2.gif (1393x1149, 2.93M)

>just finished installing this
Will it blend, Yea Forums ?

Attached: 1555712172833.png (221x179, 6K)

crash on launch

This guy sums it up well. Especially about the DLC.

I would also add that the game is really hurt by all the bugs. And not the fun “haha swimming through the air” bugs. There’s tons of shit in the game that regularly breaks or just doesn’t work properly. Every time I sit down to play it I discover another stupid bug that ruins a quest or mechanic for me. For example: putting on gear that gives you +% chance to pickpocket actually makes you WORSE at pickpocketing valuable items. That shit still hasn’t been fixed even with SE and it pisses me off.

Seriously though fuck Dawnguard too. Awful DLC.

>AAA game series
>remaster/remake/reboot claims to improve something on the technological level
>end result is worse than the original
Every time.

Attached: come on pepe.png (789x750, 18K)

>elder scrolls “combat”
>walk into room
>every enemy in there aggros
>mash r2 on enemies until health is low
>pause and chug 5 gallons of health potion
>resume r2 mashing
>this is the entire game if you play a warrior type character

The only way Skyrim combat is fun is if you play stealth archer and that’s why everyone always ends up doing it. Skyrim’s combat is fucking terrible.

>i doubt you beable too mod it.
based retard

Attached: skyrim.jpg (700x525, 199K)

Don't forget the non existant power curve because everything is scaled to your level for "immersion". Stealth archer is the most viable way to play because of the stacking bonuses that (slightly) mitigate the tedium of fighting thick, hardy enemies that barely react to being hit and take forever to put down whether you're level 1 or 100.

Whats the least shitty melee spec in this game

Increasing the difficulty will do that. It turns every enemy into a fucking infinite hp tank that can also one shot you. Since melee combat is already awful for the reasons we described, raising the difficulty only makes it 10x worse. Skyrim is one of the few games I actually recommend keeping the difficulty at adept because higher settings just ruin the game even more.

Two handed. Ends fights more quickly.

All melee specs feel awful to play. But sword and shield are decent once you get the shield’s slow down time ability and interrupt attacks all day.

Dual wielding with the elemental fury shout.

>big game companies are always trying to copy/ride the tails of the successes of other game companies
>Skyrim was really successful but hardly any companies have tried to 'make their own Skyrim'

Attached: 1505176066821.gif (373x373, 278K)

No, it needs to be modded to be anything other than a short term curiosity.

?

Attached: 457219-kingdom-come-deliverance-playstation-4-front-cover.png (800x800, 1.05M)

no, neither is Morrowind, neither is Oblivion, but they're still one of the best and most immersive western RPG experiences out there sadly enough and i've still played them all to death

Attached: 1564558842438.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Like Fallout 4, it is an enjoyable game but it is not a good one. Especially compared to their predecessors.

So which one is it

Attached: crying.jpg (800x450, 50K)

it's a good game but a very bad and dumbed down rpg, that's why so many people dislike it

>[Deleted]
Who's the nigger now, faggot ?

Nigga just play and find out. You can switch over any time, it's not like this game requires you to specialize.

No. It's literally walk around to win. An arrow constantly tells you where to go and you can very quickly become powerful enough to defeat any enemy. It's fucking boring.

I've not played it since release, but I've got a pretty negative view of it. On the other hand, I just started replaying the series. Oblivion starts a lot better than I remember. Not excited for the enemies scaling up tho.

Attached: i74v4yn0ujb11.jpg (1484x1554, 221K)

Yes but they have been milking that game for far too long

It’s a fuckton of fun with mods that introduce dungeons (Skyrim underground) and overhaul combat (Requiem or Wildcat).

Imagine Everyone, a game where you're a Greybeard in a metal band.

Its absolutely fucking dogshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=cwGjcT_hu7E&list=PLdQyJkn03KWxxu2rFdhq-_lIzyjn9mUhG&index=5

Attached: b342c979de466d7d249b15947b27d005.jpg (960x600, 130K)

>unironically posting mister caption in the current year
dude probably doesn't even want you watching his videos at this point, he'd rather die

i want molag bal to rape me and turn me into a pure blooded vampire, just saying.

Its fun but not good.

I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the open-world meme took off in the wake of Skyrim.

Nah, shit like ass creed had already gotten big by then.

Doesn't make them any less true.

Can this shit come out already?

Attached: the-elder-scrolls-call-to-arms.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Horrible games from a horrible company. Fuck Tood, fuck Bethesda and fuck you.

LMFAO even their fans can't fix it like they usually do.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 34K)

>pause and chug 5 gallons of health potion
To be fair, you can do this in almost every action game.

But yes, Skyrim combat is awful.

Attached: Pete_Hines (1).jpg (640x980, 99K)

Do you base these numbers on your opinion of it now or when it came out

It's especially egregious in Skyrim though because the health potions heal you instantly without even leaving the menu.

Kill my husband.

Attached: mommy valerica.jpg (1920x2780, 987K)

>set up skyrim nice and good with a bunch of mods including requiem
>30 hours in playthrough
>mod organizer just decides to self delete itself along with all the mods

Attached: 1472077769082.jpg (500x342, 22K)

with mods

It has more bad elements than good, so I guess it’s a bad game.

Tss.
Been playing over 6 years, so im easily over 50K hours !

Attached: Rookie.jpg (2048x1115, 139K)

Oblivion is an actual good game and TESVI is not gonna be an actual good game

Evaporate.

if you mod it right

Skyrim is a good game for as long as it manages to maintain an illusion of competence. it has a facade of a very cool and interesting rpg and the more you play it the more it falls apart gradually. of course if you are a low iq individual you will never realize this and can easily put thousands of hours into the game. I stopped playing the game after 20 hours or so.

Ob (l) + TES-6 (l) --> Ob (g) + TES-6 (g)
deltaH < 0

Evaluate

Ejaculate

the game is perfect in you can turn your brain off and listen too a podcast while you play.

>not target audience !

No, it's fucking horrendous.

It could have been better

not informative enough, needs info about entropy and equilibrium
I'm assuming we're using the same engine since Mw as a solvent in all cases
Obl and Sk still have their own identity and cause discussion in TES fanbase, so we can assume they form non-ideal mixtures and follow Henry's law
TES-6 will probably blend into generic fantasy mix like TES-OL and follow Raoult's law
ok

Attached: ColossalMajesticLemming.webm (648x476, 2.65M)

It's fine. There's fuckall competition for open-world aRPG. The most recent competition for it is fucking Elex. Unless you want to count the Souls games, I guess. I wouldn't, really, they're not trying to simulate a world for you to roleplay in.

Still, the combat is bad, character progression via perks is lame, quests never really rise above "okay", any tertiary systems like houses or marriage or whatever are surface-level implemented at best, the lack of variety (Draugr, Forsaken, Bandits n Dwemer) is mocked by even the most braindead casual.

But I don't know. Nobody is try to outdo them, so what the fuck do I know?

Attached: mmmm tasty gatorade.jpg (576x579, 61K)