Is this really the misunderstood masterpiece Yea Forums claims that it is?

Is this really the misunderstood masterpiece Yea Forums claims that it is?

Attached: 82019-shadow-the-hedgehog-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1115, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yea Forums are the target audience for this shitty edgelord game

I really wanted to like this game but the gameplay is just objectively terrible.

I personally don't like the edgelord elements, but it provides a corny shonen atmosphere that some people are bound to love
I only like it because it's a surprisingly solid game provided you play it on hard mode.
I'd hate to be that guy but try using your Wii to copy over a completed save file in order to play it on Hard Mode. It's essentially a "Sonic May Cry" game.

To coin, Shadow the Hedgehog is the Godzilla of video games; sure, objectively speaking it's fucking retarded and horribly made, but it's still pretty fucking fun for what it is.

Attached: qqqqqqqq.jpg (880x1140, 95K)

It's not as terrible as people make it out to be but it's definitely not a misunderstood masterpiece by any stretch. Like many 3D Sonics from that era, a lot of the shit it gets is well deserved and you'd have to perform a lot of mental gymnastics in order to defend it beyond "it's not TOO bad." I kind of like it though, but more for what it could have been, and less for what it actually is. I absolutely would not want them to return to that style of game, though.

You mean Expert Mode? I like that mode if only because it's just a "regular" Sonic game where you go from the start to the end and it skips the tacked on mission shit. Probably the best way to play the game.

Attached: 1558272022819.jpg (720x721, 41K)

Its fun until you get trapped in a "kill 80 gun mechs" stage

when did Yea Forums realise that eggman was telling the truth and shadow was an android the whole time?
When did Yea Forums realise that the reason only shadow wasn't frozen by the nerve gas in the final ending was because he doesn't have nerves because he is a shadow-android clone.

Attached: pikeggman.jpg (442x384, 43K)

I wish it was good because it's so funny but the gameplay, level design, and especially mission objectives are just fucking abhorrent.
fuck you nigger Godzilla is a hell of a lot better than Shadow the Hedgehog.

NO MORE GODS
NO MORE GRAVES

when did Yea Forums realize that the only reason most stages in Sonic 3, barring the mountainous Marble Garden, featured water was because Angel Island had crashed into the ocean?

Attached: 1511893845787.jpg (901x1134, 190K)

No.
>The gameplay is worse than Heroes
>the branching story is inconsistent and made pointless by the true ending
>the missions are tedious and often require backtracking through a level to find the one enemy you missed that was tucked in some obscure corner of the level fucking ARK levels
>The level design is abysmal and can some levels you can get lost in fucking ARK levels
>The fucking edge
>Made Shadow into the worst Sonic character behind Silver and confirms that he should have stayed dead after SA2
Arguably the only redeeming quality is the music

>when did Yea Forums realise that eggman was telling the truth and shadow was an android the whole time?
It's a fun narrative but unfortunately the true final boss has this bit:
>If the player delays the battle, Shadow will hear Sonic, his friends and Eggman succumbing to the paralyzing nerve gas. After eight minutes of fighting Devil Doom, Eggman reveals the truth about Shadow's survival from Sonic Adventure 2, as quoted, "Shadow, can you hear me? This might be the last chance I have to speak to you, so... what I said, about having created you? It was all a lie. Everyone thought you'd died during that horrible incident, but I rescued you with one of my robots! You'd lost your memory, that's all. You really are the Ultimate Lifeform my grandfather created!"
So the whole "THIS IS WHO I AM" bit was kind of pointless.

Now THIS is some real shit. Loved that subtle detail. Like how Knuckles' game has Angel Island Zone's background in the sky instead of on the ocean since it's technically post Sonic's story.

Attached: 1519794200437.jpg (390x537, 47K)

>HEAVEN CAN'T SAVE US

It has highs like Lava Shelter and lows like Maria's levels, it lives to be discussed.
The bosses aren't good though outside of getting to listen to the opening theme.

Attached: ShadowLaugh.jpg (1167x720, 92K)

No, that's Unleashed and Heroes.

based and redpilled. i swear to god with a few adjustments and fixes, unleashed would be a serious perfect game

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

FUCK>

Attached: 1559401721846.jpg (509x587, 42K)

It's a terrible game. Maybe not all levels are bad, but overall it's garbage and the way it's structured is also garbage
Facts. Both very enjoyable games

Shadow is unironically a pretty good and fun game. The level design is objectively better than Heroes, the guns are all fun, the dialogue is cheesy and hilarious, and there's a fuckton of replay value.
Just be warned, the vehicles are terrible and you need to basically get every ending twice to get to the real final boss. Otherwise, it's fun as fuck.

Yes
I actually love the gameplay

>>The gameplay is worse than Heroes
Literally what the fuck is wrong with your brain

More like what's wrong with your brain

Attached: 1520365380925.png (1311x934, 1.66M)

>The bosses aren't good though
Iron Jungle Egg Breaker was great

It's the best 3D Sonic game.

To what extent do you think the developers were aware of the hilarity of Shadow the Hedgehog?

I ask because it comes to mind that I cannot imagine a group of grown men seriously discussing a character from a child's video game suddenly wielding a gun and fighting aliens without also picturing them laughing their asses off at how ridiculous that is.

I can't see one man suggesting it saying, 'This will be so cool!' And another agreeing.

I can't do it.

the crush 40 songs are all kino, the game's alright

It's worth playing if you want to see just how edgy one game can be. As an example one of the missions in the game literally has Shadow assassinate the president of the United States.

getting the true ending is a chore

Did anyone play the multiplayer and see the framerate wallow into the single digits?

>Is this really the misunderstood masterpiece
Nope
Fuck this game and it's bullshit design philosophy

Attached: annoyed and pissed asuka.png (482x464, 306K)

It's that time again, pick a JRPG ending name from the list

info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences

>To Be Ignorant Of The Past

Attached: shadow the hedgehog.jpg (1024x1419, 133K)

I don't think anybody says it's a masterpiece.
But it's pretty fun.

Lower tier devs probably laughed, but they just follow orders
Higher tier devs are just concerned with what sells. And what sold at the time was edge. Devil May Cry was edge at the time, Sonic lost his edge and became babbyshit

>Messenger of Ruination
Fund this.

Attached: I AM.gif (676x440, 422K)

>Punisher of Love

Attached: ssj3.jpg (500x375, 87K)

I JUST bought this game yesterday for 10 bucks and cant wait to replay the fucking disaster.

>Faith Taken from Solitude

Attached: CJtNbaHG_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

No.

It's a bad game. Even on an IGN scale where nothing ever goes below a 7/10 this would still be like a 4/10.

It's a bad game. Awful even.

Heros isn't as bad as shadow but it's still not good. Too many sections where you are forced to stop to progress due to gates or combat sections which are timewasters and clunky, and the whole team swap mechanic doesn't function that well.

Heros could be great with some heavy hacks/mods but as it is it's still a very flawed game, and unlike SA1 and SA2, the good doesn't outweigh the flaws, or even negate them.