Thoughts on Americans naming the N64 as the GOAT console?

Thoughts on Americans naming the N64 as the GOAT console?

Attached: 806314ED-DCE0-4049-9002-F101EED8580E.jpg (1242x1080, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf is this bracket

>DS vs PS3
>Xbox 360 vs PSX
>PSP vs GameCube

this bracket is fucking ridiculous

ps1 was better than n64 snes was better than ps1 but ps2 was better than everything

N64 has the most iconic exclusives, nothing was remotely as groundbreaking as Ocarina, GoldenEye & Mario 64. They are the 3 foundations of 3D gaming

final fantasy 7 shits all over OOT

N64 was the worst Nintendo console aside from maybe the Wii U

>Ocarina, GoldenEye
Both have aged badly, though GE definitely moreso.

>aged badly

tell me your favorite game so I can laugh at you

oot is 20fps stuttery trash and watertemple killed all its momentum along with the cryptic progression

>N64 lifetime sales are about 33 million
>PS1 lifetime sales are about 102 million
>N64 is called the greatest console ever and people still remember it fondly
I like both consoles but I think that this popularity contest has much more to do with Nintendo having a more rabid fanbase/cult than people actually thinking the N64 was the best.

Attached: 1564087941284.jpg (500x412, 60K)

Everyone had the most fun on a 64 growing up. This is common knowledge

The fact that something can make Yea Forums seethe this badly proves that the N64 was amazing. The one rule on Yea Forums is if this board spams one opinion the opposite is usually true

kill yourself, you dumbshit fucktard

*also on PC

t.

Attached: 8BDA23AF-38BE-4B2C-B156-55AF24A0CC63.jpg (438x520, 46K)

>sales equal quality

Almost every party or house of a friend I've been to had an N64 hooked up. It stayed popular for years after it stopped being produced, Mario Kart and the Mario Party games are really beloved.
It is so popular mostly because it was a 4 player game console

N64 factually had the best games in the 3D era, it didn’t have any good games outside of its 15 heavy hitters. But more people remember those games then they do any other consoles exclusives outside of the incomporable SNES. Quality is always more important than quantity

>inferior port

>basedboys aggregate review bias = quality

>oot
>mario 64
>goldeneye
>foundations of 3d gaming
in what universe? the foundation for 3d gaming happened with ultima underworld, there was a solid 4 years of innovation before mario 64 came out.

>360 better than PS2
No.

> Wojak
You are only proving my point
Seethe more, maybe try spamming some wojaks & pepe’s

Fuck off with the
>because x is controversial/triggering
Shit logic. Its worthless, just like your opinion
Clown

>caps
>space after >
all you proved is you are a reddit tourist

how can it be the GOAT console when it had like 2 games worth playing?

>getting mad
>typing his favorite /pol/ maymay

>PS2 losing to anything
>much less the 360

>boomers will soon die
>the meme that N64 is the best console will die with them
things are looking promising. about time ffs

This one, nobody gives a shit about PC gaming outside of Valve, Bioware, Skyrim & Blizzard shit.
Spam more buzzwords & continue living in your echochamber where nobody except yourself agrees & shares your opinions

Attached: 86C278C6-22EF-4AA7-BEE5-219CAC8D34A5.jpg (640x300, 216K)

Cope more, it’s never been proven wrong & it never will.

>BUT MUH FINAL FANTASY

Nah too busy playing dozens of top tier multiplayer games with my actual friends

Attached: 64CFA478-9644-4071-97CC-EA632108F32A.jpg (1334x510, 121K)

You'd have a point if the PS1 wasn't legit a piece of garbage slapped together out of cheap parts. Sales say fuck-all about how fondly something is remembered and much less about how good it was.

Americans has shit taste

Eat shit
Its an opinion

>mommy used to organize playdates for me and me an mai fwends played da nintendow sixtey foaw :D

Sales clearly mean nothing when people are naming N64 the best console. More people remember OOT & Mario 64 than anything on those consoles

>sales mean nothing
>more people
>more people
>more sales mean nothing
>source: my ass
Nintendo IQ.

everything about this is awful, from the unbelievably horrible bracket to the n64 winning.

Ninties are the most vocal gamer group and the most aspie demographic on the internet so all they will ever talk about is that.
On the other hand, sony ponies are like
>hey, remember crash?
>yeah it was cool
>heh yeah, hey lets actually go outside and get laid

Im sure you see the discripency here

>nobody gives a shit about PC gaming outside of Valve, Bioware, Skyrim & Blizzard shit.
well the industry in the 90s certainly cared about Blue Sky did, it's pretty obvious you probably somehow have never heard of ultima until now.

try to disassociate your fanboyism from how you perceive vidya history, claiming the n64 laid the foundation for 3d gaming is literally just wrong.

> Most console sales
> Highest grossing franchises
> Best selling exclusives
> Longest active franchises
> Most acclaimed games
> Most acclaimed franchises
> Most popular media franchise ever
> Most iconic characters
Really makes you think, Nintendo has been dominating for so long that contrarians have to come up with made up conspiracy theories as to why any success they have doesn’t count

>most console sales
sony has most home console sales
>highest grossing franchises
that would be blizzard or more recently sony with FGO
>best selling exclusives
idc
>longest active franchises
because they rehash shit and you faggots eat it up instead of asking for new IPs
>most acclaimed games/IPs
the whole industry has a nintendo bias so it doesnt count, see: nintendo bonus
>most popular media franchise ever
pokemon? dont get me started
>most iconic characters
maybe for 8 year olds

Yea Forums btfo

>brackets are all over the place
>N64 beating the 360
>Genesis losing to Gameboy
>Snes losing to NES
>Neo Geo losing to the fucking Intellivision
The N64 winning is the least of the problems with this pic.

Attached: 1563578204781.png (813x750, 356K)

>that would be blizzard or more recently sony with FGO
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

pokemon is majority GF not nintendo

The game sales alone is still over 17b, which is higher than the first non-nintendo video game franchise, call of duty. Even the Wii ___ series outranks babyfranchises like warcraft

>>Snes losing to NES
immediate trash.

Fat childish manchildren ruled by their childhood nostalgia. American Yea Forums is cancer.

I dont know about the best but something about it is insanely memorable. Nintendo and rare propped the thing up for 5 years, but they had an incredible style. The art style and graphics and music/sound effects of n64 really makes it memorable. Ill always remember the little chirps and animal sounds in dk64, or bombs exploding in oot, or a jiggy pick up in banjo tooie. I played a lot of games and did a lot of things in my childhood, but the games i remember most fondly are n64 ones. Didnt touch a sony console until the ps3 and it was the worst ive ever owned, personally

why was it so popular in usa?

What the fuck is this shit?
The SNES is put up against absolute garbage like the Atari 7800, the Magnavox Odyssey, and the ColecoVision, the NES has an easy show by already being in the quarter finals because fuck why not give Nintendo more Bonus Points, and pittting it up against the Intellivision, the Neo fucking nobody bought this overpriced garbage Geo, the Atari 5200, and the motherfucking 3DO, while for some arbitrary reason the saturn is put in the most difficult bracket, and the Nintendo is given even more Bonus Points by also immediately having the N64 in the quarter finals.

They are childish simpletons

The only reason the PS1 sold 102 million units is because you had to buy 2 or 3 before you get one that works without breaking.

>getting this triggered because someone had friends

Yikes

Cope

Attached: D25A8647-4D82-4E50-AF97-5035CDEAB145.png (454x520, 11K)

Concession accepted

3D0 is on the list but Turbo GFX and Sega Masters aren't?

Attached: Pearl.png (2400x3200, 3.42M)

Attached: C99800D7-BC60-4F32-B13B-23F9E5CB164D.jpg (124x47, 5K)

>SNES worse than NES
>360 better than PS2

Attached: 1558984623223.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

No u

>Intellivision over Neo-Geo
>360 over PS2
>Genesis over Gameboy
>NES over SNES
>Wii over PS3
What a shitshow.

That's murrica for you.Their entire poll is retarded.

n64 mutt the console

only an american would be dumb enough to vote 360 over the ps2