Should i play ALL animal crossing games?

I played wild world and new leaf a little bit, also gamecube and wii ones on an emulator and the phone game (that one i played the most).
Should i just settle for the newest title or what? They didn't seem that different (of course dialogues are but they play out almost the same to me)

Attached: animal-crossing.png (816x378, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TAcBqBQfyxE
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/920786-animal-crossing-wild-world/faqs/44202
youtu.be/ZlZeco94Cj4
youtu.be/RrD9ptfF0iQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wii and gamecube ones i just kinda "tried out", new leaf and wild world played for couple hours

I mean, if you’ve played the rest before then just wait for New Horizons, but if you have a 3DS New Leaf is pretty solid still. GameCube one is still charming too.

I never understood the appeal of these, they're literal toddler games.

Attached: 1564544491338.png (587x378, 37K)

there is a n64 version too but it is only in japanese, that one out if you can read japanese

New Horizons seems like it’s the most different one yet since there’s crafting mechanics, and that you have to build toward getting a “regular” town (at least I think so), but if you want a more classic experience then go with New Leaf

You should ONLY play the Gamecube one.

It's literally the Gamecube version.
The whole game fits in 4MB resident memory, you don't even need the disc after startup.

Yeah, but what makes gamecube one outstand except for it being new, you know what i mean? It's not even like harvest moon games when they all at least look different, animal crossing just looks and plays waay similarly. I didn't even get what exactly was new in some games
I thought it never got released. Are there any translations for that one?
Funny pepe haha. Most games are toddler games but some with blood and gore are for manchildren, so - same thing.

they are pretty fun when you were a little kid in the 4th grade and you could own a house and live in an animal neighbor hood. Collection was one of the best parts where you could earn stuff to place in your house over time.
The game had a relaxing charm to it as well and you got to play old nes games as well which were rare back in the days of the early 2000s
It was also super comfy with the random events through out the year, like you were living in japan with fire work festivals and stuff.

GCN>NL>WW>CF

*new
I don't understand what i meant by that lol, i meant except for it having different dialogues, interactions.
Yeah, but is there any reason to play more that one game?

They're all very similar experiences. I'd say the 1st and New Leaf are the best ones. Or you could wait for the switch one, because there will be plenty of people to play with.

>Yeah, but what makes gamecube one outstand except for it being new
Full NES games. Real Holidays.

>tfw you’ll never be in middle school playing AC:WW and loving life again

You honestly won't get much out of barging all the games in time for the newest game

it has slight changes differences to it like their is no fishing town well but a shrine i believe and the post office has a different symbol on it, it but yeah it pretty much is the gc version.
no translation that i know of, it did not get released in north america, there is a rom of it somewhere out there.

>tfw I was 26

Attached: 31-avp-selfdestruct.png (1000x426, 399K)

Cool
>Real Holidays
Waht do you mean? VIllagers don't work in games or what? I thought they actually celibrate new year and similar stuff in each game

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure the original had stuff like "Halloween" and "Thanksgiving," where the other ones had like similar analogs, but for broader cultural appeal.

CF is essentially a WW port but worse. In my opinion you can skip those two for sure.

They have significantly different "atmospheres", I suppose. The GCN characters have personalities you don't really see in the new games, and it's just a completely different experience compared to, saw, NL. They're definitely both worth playing. If you only want to play one for now though, play GCN and play the new one when that comes out.

To be honest I just booted it up to play excitebike all day.

I spent more time playing warios woods than the actual game.

>youtube.com/watch?v=TAcBqBQfyxE
What did Tortimer mean by this

Shit, I hadn't got that one. I mainly had Donkey Kong and Excitebike. I had Balloon fight too, but I didn't play it much.
Fuck I love Excitebike though. So much time spent trying to nail the tracks perfectly. Only thing that really comes close is Trackmaina, and maybe MXvsATV Reflex, but it doesn't scratch the same itch.

I'm a fan of the series but I can't go back to the GC one. It's so old and devoid of festivities. It's comfy and the gba connection is a great experiment though. Imo the best would be either WW or 3ds, although I wonder if there's a mod to restore the hourly songs. The new ones can't compare.

Just play gamecube or new leaf, but read up on wild world's lore if you want because I think it will play a larger role in new horizons, judging by the interviews.

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/920786-animal-crossing-wild-world/faqs/44202

New Leaf has more features, but GC has more soul. In New Leaf, and almost all other versions, the neighbors are too nice, Animal Forest and Animal Crossing Gamecube don't suffer as much

I couldn't get over the total lack of male clothes or being unable to customize bottoms in new leaf so I switched to playing as a cute girl mayor as soon as I realized you could get girl haircuts.
I feel like they did this on purpose.

Attached: 1552573272335.jpg (400x400, 36K)

I have not played animal crossing, I have however played this. I could not understand what the gameplay loop was or what I was meant to be doing and I gave up.

Is animal crossing like this? Should I go back and give magicians quest another go?

Attached: MQ_Mysterious_Times_box.jpg (1500x1350, 333K)

The villagers in GC aren't just a copy paste of each other. They're snarky, they literally insult you at times. The dialogue can get pretty dark compared to NL where everyone just worships your dick. GC is a completely different experience than the newer games. Try it out and you won't regret it.

lol the sun's face

The only reason people say the GameCube version is better is nostalgia. New leaf is 100x better than the GameCube version.

Should i play the gamecube one or the wii one? Can't play new leaf so ya.

>I never played the GCN one, so here's my informed opinion on it

Attached: 1360532706968.gif (320x190, 1.99M)

Gamecube by far. The only arguable reason to play a newer version is online play, and I'm pretty sure that's out for the Wii at this point.

I've played both recently and it's crazy how many features are missing from the GameCube version. It's like a completely different game.

Play GameCube, Wild World and New Leaf. Ignore City Folk.

Yes. At some point. Do not binge because they're essentially all the same game.

Unrelated but I think it'd be pretty neat if special NPCs got involved in town events instead of just staying in their stores all the time.

The GameCube one is very feature lacking but the dialogue and general aesthetic is way more charming than the more "safe" later entries. Which is not to say the new game's arent charming, they are and that's part of the whole appeal, but the GC is moreso. I'd say emulate it if you're on a budget or aren't sold on the series.

Other than that the games have only improved in features over time. There's really no reason to go back and play the older ones, in fact you'd probably get burnt out. It's already kind of depressing to have to start from scratch each time a new one comes out.

Attached: AnimalCrossing.jpg (640x724, 99K)

I have a copy of wild world I haven't touched in over a decade, I wonder if they're all ok in there.

>tfw I wasn't able to 100% NL before the new Switch version

Yeah I can't imagine playing multiple Animal Crossing games at once. It'd be like an MMO grind multiplied. Animal Crossing is best played slowly for maximum comfy over spans of months. I'm waiting for the new one on Switch before even touching the series again. That being said if OP has to chose one I would go with New Leaf. Being Mayor is a great mechanic. Only things the GC version has over New Leaf is NES games and better neighbor dialogue. Wild World actually lost some stuff from GC and City Folk is the lowest point in the series. New Leaf brought back a lot of older furniture that was missing and significantly expanded on new stuff as well. Plus, if you can get them cheap, the amiibo cards are a nice way to get specific villagers you want. I don't think past games could do that. Keeping your favs from leaving is way easier, too.

i tried viva pinata and it was fucking gay.

>the only thing gamecube does better than the others is dialogue
Enjoy your boring featureless towns retards
youtu.be/ZlZeco94Cj4
youtu.be/RrD9ptfF0iQ

Attached: 4A814BA2-5230-4489-AC07-49B6D9A01DF3.jpg (886x662, 81K)

Wow, that's actually pretty interesting. I didn't know half of these, and I played the GC ver for a pretty long time.

They're all basically the same. If you can get a DS emulator going on your phone, then I'd say use that for WIld World. I feel like AC is inherently a handheld game.

I love how the animals still wander around in the background while you're talking with someone

Nintendo BETTER not leave all my amiibo cards unsupported after I wasted so much money on them

>got at least fifty series 1 and 2 packs for a dollar each when they were in the clearance bins in walmart
>still haven't gotten around to selling all my spares on ebay

Attached: thanks for breakin' my cow lamp.png (165x169, 8K)

I have a 3ds and ds.

There's something about the sound design of the GC version that feels kinda warm. Cant explain it