Should I switch over to 1440p?

Should I switch over to 1440p?

Attached: E380FF10-31EB-4EEC-83AF-A9C2FBCBE8C4.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tV8P6T5tTYs
youtu.be/yBY7ZgEBwGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go for 144hz first but if you can do both go for it.

if this image were real the UI would be a different size

What do I need for 1440p 144hz? What happens if a game doesn’t reach 144fps on a 144hz monitor?

if you're buying a display bigger than 24" yes

human eye can't see more than 24 fps anyways so

144hz even outside of gaming is much nicer

>What happens
If gsync of freesync is turned on, just plays at that fps. If standard vsync itll cut fps to some fraction of 144. Nbd either way unless fps fluctuates wildly.

144 Hz only requires the monitor but getting to that point at 1440p requires more graphical power. I don't know of a specific range, however.

>everyone keeps saying how much better 144Hz is
>can't go back from IPS monitors
Bros...

Just stick with 1080p. There’s really not much of a difference and some games really struggle with 1440p. Looking at you Total Warhammer and Three kingdoms.

i dont blame you. if you won the ips lottery and got one one without glow and bleed then you are truly blessed and should hang onto it for as long as you can.

I'm sorry but AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE 2 PICTURES IN A 300 KB IMAGE. THATS LIKE TRYING TO MAKE OUT PABLO PICCASO'S ABSTRACT DICK. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING???

Also you should switch if the monitor is 300 or less

Attached: ABSOLUTELY MAD.jpg (1200x1200, 80K)

i'm still at 1080 because i don't want to fuck with all the bullshit that happens with some games that run at 1080 native

Thanks. Mine had neither.
A few dead pixels though

if you want to tryhard stay away from vsync. nvidia's fast sync version is better but still introduces a few ms of lag

for esports shit or anything last gen and older, midrange will work if you play with the settings a bit. For modern AAA you'll need to be at or near top of the line, think ryzen 3rd gen + rtx 2070 or maybe even more.

144hz ips is a thing now, and va isn't bad

I have a 144hz 1440p IPS monitor, it was pretty expensive though (3 years ago). Yes it does have lightbleed but I consider that shit a meme, it's never once bothered me during a game or any other usage I never see it except when the monitor is pitch black. When I had a TN panel I couldn't fucking even lean back in my chair a bit or the screen would be unusable, I consider that to be way worse so I'll never go back from IPS.

I7 6700k + rtx 2070 super good for doom eternal and total war 3 kingdoms at 1440fps?

You dont notice much difference unless you actually get a bigger monitor or work around with it

Doom 2016 would hit 144 pretty easily so Eternal should be ok, but no one knows yet. Total War is CPU heavy so overclocking might be necessary. If you can turn your graphics down but still get low/inconsistent framerates that'll be the smoking gun.

Total War games are literal unplayable garbage.

Total War 3 kingdoms is unplayable at 1440fps with anything that’s not a 2080ti.

>tfw want a 144hz 1080p 24in ips monitor but they don't fucking exist

240hz is more important.

youtu.be/tV8P6T5tTYs

Here's the real scoop from someone who has used an 144hz monitor for a few years and played just about every genre of games. Outside of FPS gaming it doesn't matter very much. Better to push for graphical fidelity in your skyrims and such. 60fps is more than enough for those types of games. Also it only really matters in fps games if you are playing competitively against other players. If you just want to play single player fps 60 is fine as well. But if you are really hardcore into multiplayer shooters than yes 144 makes a significant difference. But hitting that number constantly requires a powerful setup if you want to play the game at even medium settings. So it really is about what you value more graphics or improving your multiplayer performance by a small but not insignificant percentage.

Have sex

VA is trash, only reason I use it is because it's 144hz.

EVERYTHING looks better on my IPS its depressing.

I too have sex all day and come here only to shitpost between fucks.

Attached: 1564768936966.png (2240x1178, 156K)

>hz mattering past 120
I mean yeah the difference between 60 and 120 is like going from 30fps to 60fps. But once you start going past that, it really doesn't matter.

Woah, it looks exactly the fucking same!

VA and IPS can both look good. IPS usually appears more vivid and uniform while VA appears deeper with more depth in the image. If we're talking monitors, almost all monitors have shit black uniformity regardless of panel type, so in that case you might as well get IPS if you can. For TV's you want VA or OLED, IPS TV's are way behind VA TV's.

Honestly I think 1080p is better for gaming.

You get significantly higher FPS, and the quality difference isn't very noticable.

HOWEVER, you should get 1440p.

Browsing the internet and other non-gaming stuff on 1440p is SO much better than 1080p.

I can't stand using 1080p anymore.

I recently switched from 1080p to 1440p 144(165)hz.
The difference is huge, both in resolution and smoothness. Games and other programs look much sharper, there is more space in the gui, the movement feels much better.

The drawback is that 60 fps now feels terrible unless it's a really slow game, and in fast games like Mordhau I even find 90 fps to sometimes be slow. I especially notice drops below 90fps now.
If I had to choose, I'd pick refresh rate over resolution, but if you can do both, go for it.

Games like 3 kingdoms still can’t be run at 1440p unless with a 2080ti.

Have sex

Have sex

Why do people keep repeating this like it's true? What other false shit do you believe?

You'd have to be blind or never compared the two to have this opinion. I have a dual monitor setup a 1440p 165hz ips display and a 1080 60hz tn display. Just looking at them next to each other there's a huge difference. It's not even kind of the same. For playing games I can never go back to the 1080p panel. It looks like ancient technology. Like I'm playing on crt TV.

Its true tho

Too bad a bunch of games won’t hit higher than 60fps at 1440. Good luck trying to run Cyberpunk at 1440p.

Kim Jung Un's monitor:

youtu.be/yBY7ZgEBwGQ

It's not tho.

I have a gtx1080 and at 1440 I get about 60-100fps on max settings in open world games like ac:origins, watchdogs 2, gtav and well over 100 on every other game.

Yeah, but actual games that get intense like Total War Warhammer and 3 Kingdoms can barely run at 1440p.

High end systems can run both those game at 1440 around 60 fps. You don't need more tha that for those types of games anyway. They're cpu intensive games.

>I get about 60-100fps
lol

1080p at 144hz is miles better than 4k/60fps.

Yeah, which is if you have a fucking 2080. That’s ridiculous.

twitch.tv/getwellsoonx Gay bottoms playing league of legends and other games too

falling for the >60 fps meme lmao. 144Hz is only a thing because PC exclusives have the same graphics since 10 years.

i got 144hz monitor for gaming and i have a secondary art studio monitor for workstation shit.
The 144hz has such shit fucking colors but man the extra smoothness is incredible.

Still 1080p cause higher res is a meme at 24"

Have sex

Even if humans could only see 24fps, a higher frame and refresh rate would still be beneficial. It's still more information, refreshed faster so the 24 fps you would see would be more 'up to date'

6700k and gtx 1080 here.doom 2016 plays at ultra 144hz all the time. i expect to maybe turn a few things down for eternal. if youre going for the 2070 super maybe get a little beefier cpu. i regret not spending the extra 30 bucks at the time for a 7700k.

If your GPU can handle it, sure. Otherwise they're great for work.

That was a really small think.

did you screenshot a fucking youtube video?

At 1080p or 1440p? Is it ok if I keep the 6700k and upgrade to 2070 super?

Depends. My 8086k and 2080 can hit 144+fps on like 95% of games (that support it)
Just be warned that once you get a monitor over 60hz (or a high response rate), youll never want to look at a 60hz monitor to play games again
It got so bad with me that I had to replace the shitty 60hz 8ms panel on my laptop with a 120hz 1ms panel

Attached: Specs.jpg (1980x781, 306K)

1080p, sorry. if youre set on an rtx card, just upgrade the cpu, otherwise youd have a 2019 card with a 2015 cpu and get battlenecked hard.
brb, gonna run doom at 1440p and post my results in a sec so you can know what to expect

6700k won’t bottleneck a 2080.

not smart enought to actually runa test athat spits oout results, but 1440p ultra was around 150 fps. using 95% of my 1080 though and its loud as fuck. 6700k was around 60%. trying to be helpful but i suck.
idk man, i regretted this cpu when i bought it 2 years ago, not sure its worth a buy in previous year+1

You don’t even know if it bottlenecks or not, why are you so sure?

i said im not sure. i havent done much research since i built this machine and i feel like there are better options by now. peopel wont shut the fuck up about ryzen. not only is it an old cpu, but its an old socket type, so youd have to buy a whole new motherboard if you wanted to upgrade ina few years.

1440p is the sweet spot on a 27 and this image is fake by the way for the ignorant retards that will believe it.

1080p

become a 4k chad

Attached: 20190731030916_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.35M)

144hz is obviously better but 60 is more than good enough for most games, the problem with upholding the standard of 144hz is that it's always going to be more expensive than 60hz so i personally will just stick with that since i can't guarantee i will always be able to afford hardware capable of capping out at 144hz, also comparatively as your hardware ages and games get more demanding, people with 144hz monitor will need to upgrade sooner, assuming a general comfortable gpu overhead

4k or bust.
Any monitor you buy that's not 4k will be obsolete soon.

Just because your monitor does 144Hz doesn't mean your games have to render at 144fps.

then why even spend the money on a monitor you cant cap out at all times, gsync is decent but even that looks wobbly and imo a fixed stable framerate is a must

>capped framerate

Attached: 1525489685300.png (226x262, 104K)

nigger are you dumb

What's the point if the games at that rate are bad?

> wanted to spend 500bucks on a 144hz 4ms ips panel
> lg releases new 144hz 1ms ips monitor later this month

stop advancing technology!

why the bloody hell does the 1440 look more aliased than the 1080?

Capped framerates are only bad for 30 fps console ports.
Capped at 60 or over fps is fine.

They're the same picture and OP is trolling

It's literally true though you fucking idiot.

>what are good frametimes

>1440p vs 1080p
cool picture but this is more like the real thing

Attached: Untitled.png (2116x1058, 3.48M)