HYPE TRAIN HYPE TRAIN

google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9392705/nintendo-n64-mini-gamecube-mini-on-way/amp

HYPE TRAIN HYPE TRAIN

Attached: 1D9B44D7-3C56-4EE9-BC30-F4CBE8A26A91.jpg (1000x553, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_N64_inject_compatibility_list
youtube.com/watch?v=2n_Tfr4qwH0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games
github.com/libretro/parallel-n64
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh wow a little raspberry pi shitcube that can play 2% of the entire catalogue

Even if this does happen it will just be the games they've already ported to Wii. Maybe they'll get Microdick to "survive together" and toss in Blast Corps as well but it won't be anything new or anything that requires effort.

HOLY SHIT, i can't wait to pay for the roms of the n64's three games! this is so based!

Attached: 1556493712459.jpg (1200x1125, 218K)

Phonefag

If these fuckers would actually let me play these games on my Switch I wouldnt have hacked it

Ummm sweetie what is hacking and adding more games

I imagine that every person who uses this image macro unironically smells like putrid shit.

I can play jank N64 emulation on any device.

If they made a N64 mini I wonder what emulator they would use.

Ye but don’t u want a cute little GameCube :3

If it means Metroid Prime with HDMI output, I'm all for it

Attached: 1436615557608.jpg (500x350, 23K)

Why bother releasing gimped hardware? Might as well emulate on your phone or PC rather than use something that won't work like the original or have less working games than any emulator (PS1)

It's not gonna happen.

>n64 mini
>can't get any rare games
>absolutely can't get goldeneye because licensing is held up with the author, the publisher, MGM, activision and microsoft/rare
imagine a shitty 4 without goldeneye. the worst console of the 5th gen just keeps getting worse.

Have sex.

It would be cool if you could fit the GameCube on a keychain and use wireless controllers. I imagine that crap in any format is over $100, so why not make it super portable and cute? Smash, Double Dash, Mario Party, GoldenEye, and maybe a wrestling game would make it a good party machine.

why bother doing that when roms and emulators are free?

>licensing is held up with the author, the publisher, MGM, activision and microsoft/rare
How the hell does that work?

Then you just hack it and add golden eye :3

N64 emulators are beyond garbage and Dolphin still leaves a lot to desire.

Because I want a nice compact game cube that saves me the trouble and that I can display silly boy :3

I truly wonder if Nintendo could even squeeze out 20 or so games if an N64 mini could happen for real.

stupid fucking liberal

>Modern n64 controllers that don't disintegrate to dust when using them
>n64 emulation that isn't hot trash
Oh boy. I would preorder this immediately

Attached: j1aFJo9VQEk.jpg (604x604, 112K)

Just release the n64 mini with a gamecube controller please

Just hack ur wii u or buy prime Trilogy user

Attached: 9A32513D-8F9C-4C92-A214-1B0660D0F1AB.jpg (625x468, 59K)

Same here

How do you think licensed games work?

I don't think so

Attached: reggie_fils_aime_5568.0.jpg (1200x800, 64K)

please be in london...

Dilate.

>won't have rare games
dead on arrival

everyone defending this garbage is why nintendo will never have virtual console again.

But what kind of n64 emulation are you hoping? A true 1:1 reproduction, complete with blur-o-vision and dithering?

Read the article they don’t want old games on virtual :3

the SNES classic didn't emulate yoshi's island correctly, you trust these people to emulate N64 games on the same budget?

>blast corps
Fucking based
I always thought of that as one of those games only i played and fucking loved as a lad. Is it actually widely regarded as one of the gems of the 64?

>can't get any rare games
Oh really now?

Attached: banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate.png.jpg (1300x649, 74K)

Why won't it have Rare games

MS likes money

Why wouldn't they just put gc and n64 games on the switch? Everyone would gobble that shit up fast. Less people will buy a mini console.

CRASHIN FRASHIN SHINESPARKERS

Name five good Nintendo 64 games that are not from Nintendo oh wait you can't

Attached: 1565022605765.jpg (640x800, 61K)

Prime Trilogy on Wii U is played in Wii mode and is still standard definition

Mini consoles make lots of money and Nintendo doesn’t want to lose that

GIVE ME THE FUCKING SAUCE

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 10.13.06 AM.png (430x394, 234K)

>might be able to get one of the weakest 3D platformers ever made, the one with the least amount of freedom and the most rigid mechanics around
wow?

As much as I love the Prime games, I can't justify dropping over a hundred bucks on a used copy of Trilogy and I gave my Wii U to my little sister after countless playthroughs of The Wonderful 101

Because Nintendo thinks everyone would rather have one NES game per month.

At least you no longer get the games on chocolate chip cookies.

Only if you give me some nudes of this cow

you said HDMI output, not HD output. HDMI can carry 480i you know.

Nothing emulates N64 games well enough.

Honestly?
Yeah. That's exactly what I want. 240p upscaled to 720p pixel perfect with a good crt filter that has perfect gamma reproduction.

That's how I play PS1 games on PC at least. Games don't look good when you upscale the rendering resolution, but when you keep it at a low resolution and scale the pixels you'd be surprised how much your brain fills it in on your own.

they could release a console that only plays the N64 games released for the wii VC, no more or less, for more than double the price of a wii, and it would still sell out instantly to retarded normalfags. tragic.

have sex my man

mystical ninja goemon and... uh....

Now these two I'd care about. Man, I know I can emulate but owning these again and in a cute mini form would be neat.

Attached: 1564321371962.jpg (720x540, 75K)

They're probably gonna release them on switch

I'm almost certain n64 games were 480i. Interlaced output on an LCD looks like hot garbage. Needs a deinterlacer which causes artifacts and ghosting.

What would be the point then? You could just play an actual N64.

Waste of time when you aren't using the real hardware.

Attached: P_20171030_085305_vHDR_Auto.jpg (4656x2620, 3.12M)

because they know their fanboys will buy these overpriced "retro consoles" to display next to their funko pops and amiibo collection.

>N64 mini
Inferior to an emulator in every way.

>GC mini
Get a dirt cheap wii.

Stop buying these.

Most of them were 240p.

The console is whatever but it'll be worth it for the controllers. Finding decent N64 controllers these days is a nightmare

Yeah it was pretty popular back in the day. Its on Rare Replay on Xbox One but its just the raw game, it didn't get a remaster like Perfect Dark and Kazooie/Tooie so it kinda looks like shit.

I'm sure you'll just dismiss this perfectly logical point because muh jew conspiracy, but I believe they're not putting many of their old games on the Switch's eshop so indies have a chance to actually sell and get a foothold. A big complaint on Wii, Wii U and 3DS was that indies were often overshadowed by Nintendo's old, cheap games, and had trouble selling. It sucks not having the VC but I think the Switch would have less third-party support as a result of having them, as they'd dominate sales, making porting smaller games over less attractive.

>he doesn’t want a cute game cube mini...

Come home gamer boy :3

Attached: 1652863D-2D1D-4840-914A-0E43CB762FBD.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

MARRRRRRGE

a handful of 64 games had 480i rendering. The Saturn had more 480i games than the 64. It's a 240p console, everything was before the 6th gen.

The "get a dirt cheap wii" has been the thing to tell people for a while. None of these mini consoles are as good as a wii emulating.

>I'm almost certain n64 games were 480i
No

>nshitty4 mini
why not make a mini compilation console people actually want?

Attached: saturn mini.png (504x291, 151K)

tony hawk's pro skater
tony hawk's pro skater 2
tony hawk's pro skater 3
wipeout 64
denryuu iraira bou
jackie chan

Attached: 95920.jpg (250x184, 46K)

Battletanx
Doom 64
Star Wars games
Turok

>TFW official 100% compatibility N64 emulator

Attached: 1463953093745.png (680x816, 855K)

Hey I'd prefer real hardware, but getting an n64 with rgb mod and a flashcart that is 100% compatible is close to $800. Not to mention the poor quality of original n64 joysticks.

This mini console will give me what I crave for a fraction of the price.

Nintendo's emulators have never had 100% compatibility. They are usually noticeably inferior

What strikes me is how absolute shit the emulators inside these boxes are. Canoe is supposedly an emulator coded by Nintendo themselves but the way to go if you want to actually play games on the "snez" mini aside from the preinstalled ones is to replace it with SNES9x.

Interesting point but don’t forget to dilate. :3

$20 on eshop, get ur woo u back

No one in their right mind would pay $100 for Sonic R.

banjo
banjo 2
conker
golden eye
no mercy

They have 100% compatibility, but they aren't 100% accurate. Fair trade for the mess that is n64 emulation.

Ogre Battle 64
Harvest Moon 64
Bomberman 64
Goemon
Glover

i have a TV that deinterlaces pretty nicely, rare to see artifacts. moderately bad input lag though.

>Implying Sega could make a good Saturn emulator
Knowing Sega they probably lose the original design notes for Saturn and just use mednafen or something.

>They have 100% compatibility
Stop talking out of your ass
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_N64_inject_compatibility_list

thanks for reminding me how they butchered THPS3
youtube.com/watch?v=2n_Tfr4qwH0

n64 is $50, rgb mod is $35, everdrive64 2.5 (animal crossing is not worth nearly $70 more) is $120.

they'd do it for the panzer dragoon trilogy, nights, burning rangers, shining force, sakura wars, powerslave, saturn bomberman, die hard arcade, princess crown, just to name a few.

Would mostly be a fuckton of Mario.
Smash 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis 64
At least one Mario Party,maybe 2
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Mario Golf
F Zero X
Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2
Kirby Crystal Shards
Some third party stuff like Turok or Bomberman or a wrestling game of some kind.
Possibly some Rare games.
Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask.
StarFox 64
WaveRace 64
Pilotwings 64
Maaaybe a Star Wars game? Might be a bit of a stretch to hope for that but there's several on the 64.
I think they could manage around 20.

Digital foundry said the emulation on snes mini is perfect, but I get tons of slowdown on megaman x, that I never got on even a wii running snes9x

Cool, I'm excited for all the threads with nerds fuming about this
>NOOO YOU CAN JUST EMULATE ON YOUR PHONE!!! Buy a rasperry pi!!!

knowing sega they would get M2 to develop it, making it 100% perfect.

Since Nintendo and Microshaft are in good terms that could mean Blast Corps.
That's a must buy for me.

Attached: 1564619748821.png (480x480, 148K)

Your shitty raspberry pi won't come with the case, controllers and performance at the price point.

>injected roms aren't 100% compatible with all games
No shit Sherlock. Those were ports more than anything. You can't just inject code and expect it to run. If it's a mini console they will use a general emulator which would increase compatability instead of only emulating parts that are needed for VC releases

The point is to be "accurate" instead of making the games run as well as they can

a t g a m e s

>Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2
>Without GB Pokemon connectivity
Pointless

I could swear that slowdown also happens in the original cart version. I could be wrong tho, it's been a while.

Attached: F865C52D9CAA41559659E5270DE46D2C.jpg (640x360, 21K)

>still living in the past
>he doesn't know

>rgb mod is $35
The kit alone is 150, getting someone to solder for you is another 100

this, those games are an accessory for handheld pokemon games.

Transparent colorful N64 cases and controllers or it's not worth a cent.

i know what happened recently but don't count on them to remember.

>>Modern n64 controllers that don't disintegrate to dust when using them
Fucking this
The best thing to come out of the mini consoles are Nintendo's god-tier recreations of the controllers

I passed up the nes and snes minis because i dont really care about them but this shit i will buy and get 4 controllers for

BUT GUYS WHAT IF
>4 players
>online
>ability to download new titles from the internet (solves licensing issues with third parties and would probably still be piss easy to pirate anyway)
>improved N64 controller without a bullshit analog stick
I'd buy it just to kick my nephews' asses at Mario Party 2. I've got an emulator running but it isn't 100% and it feels weird playing on a modern controller.

You can still do everything in the game with the rental Pokemon, but fuck that shit I want to use the ones I autistically caught/bred with max or near-max DVs, capped stat exp and good movesets/hold items

It's all the same emulator, fact of the matter is nothing out there right now is better than m64p/pj64 + angrylion, including Nintendo's own emulators. Every emulator Nintendo has made uses a ton of hacks to get stuff to work, and the mini consoles are no exception.

POST YOUR WISHLIST
>Mario 64
>Oot+master quest
>MM
>Smash 64
>Mario Party 2 or 3 whatever the popular one is I don't know this series well I just know everyone hates 1
>Mario Kart 64
>Starfox 64
>Donkey Kong 64
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Banjo-Tooie
>Perfect Dark
>Conkers Bad Fur Day
>Diddy Kong Racing
>F-Zero X
>Sin and Punishment
>Pokemon Snap
>Paper Mario
>Special feature: Pokemon Stadium 1+2 with WiFi connectivity to 3DS/any future port of RBY+GSC
>Wildest dreams: We actually get GoldenEye

>Super Mario Sunshine
>Wind Waker
>Twilight Princess
>F-Zero GX
>Kirby Air Ride
>Super Smash Brothers Melee
>Pikmin
>Chibi Robo
>Animal Crossing
>Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
>Metroid Prime
>Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
>Viewtiful Joe
>Mario Kart Double Dash
>Mario Party whatever one is the most popular
>Pokemon Colosseum+Gale of Darkness with connectivity to a switch/phone port of Gen 3
>Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door
>Luigi's Mansion
>Special feature: F-Zero AX port
>Wildest dreams: Melee+ with added features like customizable controls, ultimates training mode, online, and 5 new characters (Olimar, Villager, Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo and Kazooie)

>It's the dumb fag from earlier
So they can incorporate LAN and include Pokemon Bank support for supported Pokemon

>nintendo-n64-mini

Can't wait to play all the Nintendo 64 classics such as
uh
um
...Mario?
I think it had a Zelda game but that was already remade in HD so why the fuck would you play the original
Was there a Starfox game? There wasn't was there.
No, Goldeneye is shit, nobody would play that game anymore.

Turok
Hybrid Heaven
Winback
Goemon
Ogre Battle 64

M2 is a long term partner with sega, dating back to the early 90s.

>it's just shit everyone has already played, nothing new or interesting
trash consoles

>youtube.com/watch?v=2n_Tfr4qwH0
This is so upsetting

Attached: 1383553275173.jpg (252x221, 11K)

>Mario Party 2 or 3 whatever the popular one is I don't know this series well I just know everyone hates 1
2 is the one I played as a kid, but a lot of people prefer 3. I just fondly remember Western Land and Horror Land from 2.

>but that was already remade in HD
>400x240

>Nintendo takes away VC
>Makes you pay $20 for renting roms, games are never truly yours and will one day go away
>makes tiny hardware that a pi could beat 20 times over and charges $80, probably at $100 for the N64 mini for a small handful of roms
Why is this okay?

Mad.

that's the nshitty4 for you.

>Implying more than 2% of the catalogue is worth playing

Conker
Banjo 1 & 2
OoT and MM
DK 64
Mario 64
And golden eye for nostalgia faggots.

Thats it.

>But what about starfox and smash?
Starfox has always sucked, and Smash 1 is terrible.

Dude those lists are depressing to look at. Just highlighting how bad the game library was for both of those consoles.

GoldenEye is so awful now, I couldn't bare playing it few months back

It does. Armored Armadillo's stage is notorious for it.

>it's just shit everyone has already played, nothing new or interesting
trash consoles

Exactly why people would want to buy it because they love those games and not everyone has played them faggot don’t forget to dilate

use a 2.1 control scheme then or just get good

The hacked wii will be all around superior id imagine

>not soldering it yourself
bitch nigga

Attached: 1551153056440.jpg (618x634, 170K)

That's 3% more than what the GCN has that's worth playing.

>Yet another N64 thread ruined by faggots
[audible gasp]

Yeah, Nintendo hasn't recovered after the SNES. The SNES was great but man, the third party policies fucked them up good. The Wii had a lot of great lesser known titles though.

Are really people on Yea Forums that don't still have their Gamecube or Wii?

I normally would. But I don't have a microscope for that specific job.

Attached: 1511327153649.png (707x541, 528K)

why wouldn't they just put this shit on switch

Goemon is such a good game

So that happens on the original?

>M2 is a long term partner with sega, dating back to the early 90s.
i know? i thought you meant by
>he doesn't know
that atgames got the boot for the mega drive mini, but they'll still make other garbage for sega, i don't count on sega putting out quality "mini" consoles after this

>The kit alone is 150
are you retarded?
>getting someone to solder for you is another 100
nevermind, you are.

Attached: n64-mod.png (851x366, 122K)

Voultar sells and installs the RGB mod for N64 for $70 total. You might be thinking the Ultra HDMI mod.

GC library is honestly kinda okay. It's nowhere near as barren as the N64. You just have to look a little harder for games.

Thats why I said for nostalgia faggots. I never thought Goldeneye was good.

Only thing ruining N64 threads is the fact that they're about N64.

By every objective merit it was a 0/10 console. Same tier as Atari Jaguar except nobody tries to force Jaguar Mini to be a thing.

>needing aid
Just squint nigga

Attached: 1559000362879.jpg (1599x997, 111K)

N64 is so Chad it still has losers like this guy seething decades later.

>microscope
how fucking dumb are you, it's a joke to solder it.

the gamecube lacks the ambitious 64 games. Everything feels a lot safer, slower and boring. There's a few weird titles that are cool, viewtiful joe, radirgy generic, but not much else.

more like your post is a 0/10

Nice things I can say about the 64:
the analog stick is very precise
the console is pretty reliable

>So they can incorporate LAN and include Pokemon Bank support for supported Pokemon
Not possible, every game after gen 2 uses different stat and DV/IV calculations. It would effectively have to wipe every Pokemon and re-create them with the gen I/II parameters, deleting moves that didn't exist or requiring you manually delete them in-game first, which kind of defeats the purpose while also being a ton of work.

In gen I/II, Pokemon have a DV (dynamic value) for every stat that ranges from 0-15 and determines the base ceiling for each stat, before stat exp is applied. But in gen III and onward, they have IVs (individual values) that instead range from 0-31.

In gen I/II, Pokemon's stats (not the actual DVs, this is separate) could all be brought to their maximum value via stat exp, whereas in gen III and onward you have a total of 255 EVs (effort values) that you can allocate how you want across all stats, but only allow you to apply a total number of EVs equal to what you bring two stats to their maximum values. Both stat exp and EVs are obtained the same way, defeating a Pokemon will earn you a certain amount of stat exp/EVs based on the defeated Pokemon's highest base stat, but again stat exp allowed you to max every single stat. And then there's other stuff like natures and the physical/special split, too.

you don't get it, you need a personal hubble telescope to solder those wires

Attached: bro i needed my electron microscope for it.jpg (2400x2988, 1.12M)

>Yeah, Nintendo hasn't recovered after the SNES
Switch already has more games than every past Nintendo console AND handheld, and its only a little over two years old.

Yeah, I'd say they're back.

Can you faggots say ANYTHING good about that piece of trash that isn't just "my mom bought it for me as a kid and said I can't have two consoles so I was forced to like it, even though every game on it looked like a dead whore's rotten asshole and the controller physically hurt to use"?

That doesn't look that bad. Seems about the same size as the soldering required for a backlit GBA mod.

>GC and N64
you can get a second hand wii pretty cheaply if you dont own one already.
you can play almost all snes, n64, gc, wii games so there isnt really a justification for getting one of these.
you can also just emulate them on pc with tons of more functionality.

Also n64 games really really didnt age all that well. I think many retards will have a rude awakening how shitty their games were designed.

Who cares when there's so much shit from both first and third parties? The only good switch games are umihara kawase fresh and tetris 99.

I can confidently say it dabbed on the Saturn.

Attached: Wave Race 64 2.webm (596x400, 2.88M)

>Nintendo never recovered after SNES
>Yeah they did, Switch has a bigger library than literally every other Nintendo platform ever and its 2.5 years old
>lol who cares
???

>Switch already has more games than every past Nintendo console AND handheld

I'd say that is completely impossible unless you're counting virtual console versions of previous consoles' games into that number, which is of course dishonest. SNES alone had 1863 games.

SEETHING SHITPOSTER

>no load times
>flashcarts
>no texture warping
>best graphics of it's gen

It's a ridiculously easy mod.

I'm I the only person on this board that played tonic trouble

Well it sure had more racing games than anything else.

>SNES alone had 1863 games

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games
>Of the console's 1758 official releases, 721 were released in North America, 517 in Europe, 1,447 in Japan

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games
>There are 1535 games on this list
>This list does not include games released on Virtual Console or WiiWare, instead see Lists of Virtual Console games or List of WiiWare games for those lists respectively.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games
>There are currently 1831 games
>See Arcade Archives and Sega Ages for a list of the emulated games under those brands that have been released on the Switch, and Nintendo Switch Online for a list of Nintendo Entertainment System subscription games on the service.

Granted some are not out yet, but you get the idea. Its going to have an absolutely massive library in a couple more years, I wouldn't be surprised if it crept close to PS2's game total.

I don't care about sales, I care about quality. Find me someone who doesn't that isn't a shareholder.

Aww shit motherfucker.

Oh, when you said "every" you actually meant "any".
"Every" would have meant all of them combined, which would be completely absurd.

N64 emulation is horrid garbage.

>No Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube list

Shit taste.

no, the games are horrid garbage and you're just blaming the emulator instead of nintendo for some reason.

If I had meant combined, I'd have said "every platform combined"

Nothing wrong with how I phrased it, it is not implicit that I'm combining totals

nah the n64 library is a horrible garbage though

Come on Mystical Ninja/Goemon's Great Adventure

Attached: D-buWUoXkAAllhJ.jpg:orig.jpg (512x354, 24K)

Only Konami game you're getting is Castlevania 64, and not the better of the two, the shit one. The really shit one.

>/amp/
dumb phoneposters

>Be wrong
>Move goalposts
lol

>say golden eye but not perfect dark
>out yourself as a pleb

Not even remotely true. The N64 is the worst Nintendo library, rivaled only by the Wii U.

You forgot the best games retard, Mario Party 2 and 3

>I don't care about sales
Good thing post doesn't say anything about sales, then, you fucking idiot

A worthwhile 64 emulator, finally.

N64 had 388 games

Wii U had 764 games, not including VC titles

Its not even a contest, Wii U shits all over N64 and has most of its worthwhile games on its VC

>dodging the point this badly
still only two good games.

>gamecube mini games out
>can easily emulate games on what is essentially original hardware

can't wait

>there are still people in the year of our lord 2019 that look at the number of games released and think even for a second it's relevant for the library quality

Well there are switch fanboys.

More quality games means a higher-quality library overall

Sorry you're a moron

>there are people that sincerely believe an N64 classic/mini would have better emulation than PC or even past nintendo consoles

Attached: 1505711119552.gif (350x227, 3.55M)

You already fucked up assuming even a tenth of those Wii U games are in any way quality.

There's about 5-10 good wii u games depending on your standards.

>OoT
>Mario 64
>MM
>Goldeneye
>Banjo
>...?

Sorry bub, N64 had tiny library and there was almost nothing worth playing that wasn't made by Nintendo or a studio they owned.

I had an N64, I liked it, but hindsight is 20/20 and N64 was a weak console overall, both in terms of its library and its effect on Nintendo's share of the market, which also in turn limited the number of games that got developed for it.

And that's still better than N64, unless you're going to arbitrarily say 20fps slideshows and some early 3D jank are quality games while calling everything on the Wii U shit like a mouthbreathing mongoloid

Like nightmares, despair only makes it stronger

Yeah, the N64 is absolutely better despite that. Gonna cry? Piss your pants maybe?

I mean you can be delusional and wrong all you want

>imagine a shitty 4 without goldeneye. the worst console of the 5th gen just keeps getting worse.
I mean yeah the PS1 classic was a disaster but I don't see how this makes it worse.

N64 has a lot of weird games plus better FPS and platformers than the competition at the time.

Attached: Strange or unusual N64 games.jpg (920x920, 315K)

Is your angle really gonna be the framerate meme? I'll stick to the quality angle. Nintendo's 64 games are definitely far more ambitious, fun to play and exciting than anything they did on the Wii U. Goes for most games on the Wii U vs the 64. The 64 has at least 20-40 good games. the Wii U barely has 10.

powerslave was the best fps that gen.

i hate this but i can consider to buy one just to finally play paper mario since it cant be emulated.

Attached: n64_paper_mario_p_kbu98s.jpg (2100x1536, 771K)

Powerslave is ridiculously overrated due to the fact that it's basically the only playable FPS on the Saturn. Any of the Turok games, Doom 64, GoldenEye and Perfect Dark are all better in every way.

>it cant be emulated
you're retarded.

>no one mentioning BASED Quest 64

>Any of the Turok games
corridor simulator with boring platforming
Doom 64
it's okay/10
GoldenEye and Perfect Dark
they're okay/10
powerslave is better than them all and is far more interesting to play today.

Will Nintendo be the ones to solve N64 emulation?

>corridor simulator with boring platforming
This describes Powerslave more than anything else.

no u

Why the fuck wouldn't it? N64 emulation was abandoned in 2004

Attached: detective_pikachu.jpg (880x480, 69K)

POORLY
CODED

>This describes Powerslave more than anything else.
Nah, it's an exploration focused shooter. More in common with metroid prime than Doom.

>it's an exploration focused shooter. More in common with metroid prime than Doom.
Now you're describing Turok.

Are you an actual downie? I use a Project64 build from 2011 that runs better than an actual N64. You Nintendo shills just can't handle your shitty company can't do anything right anymore.

Where's the permanent power ups in Turok? Turok is its own thing, but it isn't a very well explored premise. Combat is too boring and they clearly used the platforming sequences as a means of padding the levels with poorly thought out variety. It's so tedious hopping on a few dozen floating blocks.

You're not going to get Conker due to rating
You're not going to get Goldeneye due to licensing issues

based, powershitters should be purged from the internet.

Attached: 1506380565113.gif (384x216, 1.31M)

The combat in Powerslave is boring, what retard decided one of the common enemies should be tiny fucking bugs?

How are they a problem with the generous vertical auto aim? Don't tell me you played the inferior PS1 version.

Yeah, people are just conveniently forgetting every James Bond game has been wiped off the face of digital storefronts. Microsoft might be on board but god fuck if Nintendo is going to bother with Danjaq for James Bond rights.

It's the quickest way to make that thing dead on arrival.

They're a problem because they're not fun to fight. It's the least satisfying enemy possible. It's like if you went around shooting bats instead of zombie men in Doom.

Takes a couple of shots from the revolver, can be ran past very easily. If they're you're biggest complaint you must not have gotten very far. Stick to Turok, it's a lot easier.

Anything to get decent N64 controllers. Bonus if its easily hackable like the SNES is. I got one for $40 and use it for everything below PS1

shake shake

Attached: 1560271818206.jpg (1288x2048, 535K)

The only thing even remotely difficult about Powerslave is the atrocious controls.

64 pads are pretty big. about a 3/5ths the size of the console. I wonder if they would make a new type of controller or use something like the hori pad design.

Yikes, sounds like you just aren't good at games. Did you also have trouble strafing in Quake?

thankfully she appeared in a better PS1 game.

I cant tell if this image is blessed or cursed. I say blessed because they convinced their mom to let their face be painted like that, cursed because of how many greedy pot cards they have

>Did you also have trouble strafing in Quake?
No, not even in Saturn Quake. The problem is the game engine just sucks dick and has you slide across the floor while also having a shit ton of aiming acceleration.

All the confirmation I need to know you're just bad at video games. I'll be sure to disregard you from now on, everyone else would be wise to do the same. Stick to Turok, shitter.

Attached: mpv-shot0011.jpg (704x522, 71K)

Quake for Saturn sucks dick and you know it. You know it because I already told you it sucked the last time your delusional ass invaded an N64 thread because nobody gives enough of a fuck to have a thread about the Saturn.

Attached: Quake 64 Vs Saturn.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

>last time
huh? You know this is an anonymous imageboard, right? Do you frequently get into fights where you're wrong and have to lie to save face?

You need to get good at video games.

Attached: mpv-shot0015.jpg (704x522, 86K)

>Do you frequently get into fights where you're wrong and have to lie to save face?
No, but I can say for a fact that you do.

Post proofs then. Otherwise jump off a cliff and shout "I am Turok" as you land.

Attached: mpv-shot0023.jpg (720x524, 93K)

You said Powerslave is the best game of it's generation in this thread and in another thread some days back you actually unironically said Saturn Quake ran well and was playable. You show up in N64 threads and go full autism about the Saturn being good, now that's the biggest lie by far.

If quest 64 isn't on it.
WE FUCKING RIOT.

Downloaded it today user

Attached: 152134623534234.jpg (500x362, 23K)

>nu-Yea Forums shilled the fuck out of the ps1 mini
>it flopped horribly
remember back when Yea Forums wasn't a honeypot/filled with viral marketers/shills?

I literally finished paper mario today on an emulator

I just want a rerelease of the N64 controller. Everything else has had one or just as easily ripped off by using a xbox controller.

N64 Mini could have games people care about.

project 64 seems to have regressed in progress.
Half the games are worse now. Then they were a decade ago. Now, that might be due to rom decay or some bullshit. But, the point still stands that n64 emulation seems to have gotten worse over the years for a plethora of games.

in all seriousness why did it? the library? the controller? I always thought it was just a collector thing.

this will fail like the psclassic did, they'll never have good enough emulation on those shit cpu's for n64/ gc unless they plan on charging $200 instead

I was excited for wild arms and preordered on that game alone. I was foolish to go in with the rest of the selection of games. I know something was fishy when SMT and GTA made it in despite being boring games.

i gave my gamecube away to a friend. still regretted it.

>thankfully she appeared in a better PS1 game

What

this but unsarcastically

They better fucking put Path of Radiance on the Gamecube mini

N64 mini is all anyone wants. I have no idea if Nintendo can get good emulation going unless it just plays the wii/gcn versions of games somehow.

I didn't get the nes/snes mini but I would get the N64, I'm hoping the emulation will be the best yet for the games

>It's another "Yea Forums pretends all emulators aren't perfectly serviceable 99% of the time" episode
Yawn

Just make it connect to VC versions.

>Wildest dreams
SM64 has a new glitch that makes BitFS 0x

N64 emulation fucking blows.

Fuck this fucking nonsense. I want a Dreamcast Mini

>99% of the time

Attached: Really_.jpg (337x374, 22K)

Attached: IMG_4489.png (489x657, 502K)

Hopefully can use the fixed third party n64 controllers with it

>M64
>new glitch

You mean a glitch that has always been there but was just now discovered

Must... feel... superior...

Nigger you what? If you're too scared to fuck it up just buy one or a couple of these for like $3 and like 10 resistors for $1 and practice soldering on this for a bit.

Fuck, pic related

Attached: 71zfpimUZWL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x635, 139K)

No I mean something like the VC float glitch but works with the original japanese version so you can still use displacements.

install github.com/libretro/parallel-n64

You know what would be good about a Gamecube Mini?
The glimmer of hope it would give me to be able to buy an official Gamecube controller at less than three digit money.

>gamecube mini
That sound interesting. What would be on it?
>sunshine
>wind waker
>pikmin
>pikmin 2
>luigi's mansion
>paper mario 2
>resident evil 4
>sonic adventure 2
what else?

back to eightchan faggot

probably a JRPG and melee

I'd like to see Skies of Arcadia myself

would be neat but tales of symphonia is much more likely.
Anyway, there's no reason to buy this unless they don't sell the controllers separate.

I want sunshine on the switch

DOUBLE DASH or no buy

emulation exists tho