Starsector

Maximum Comfy

Attached: 1565049790805.jpg (1177x1488, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4018.0
mega.nz/#!gzInCKRb!BFh9mq4eYxcZPNE0AHTtpiFvtTpTd3XWy9_lF8w9WFM
mega.nz/#!EvIkRIRT!xcSbWKFICjPu1SQz7whRxv7QzVTFNSA3HS4fuMniZOk
fractalsoftworks.com/category/lore-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=SoKNte6wPR0
bitbucket.org/LazyWizard/version-checker/src/default/org/lazywizard/versionchecker/
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14591.0
fractalsoftworks.com/2019/07/08/skills-and-story-points/
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9052.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10046.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13716.msg248066#msg248066
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10836.0
twitter.com/videolan/status/1153963312981389312
strawpoll.me/18428854
youtube.com/watch?v=XNcyzVTVMT4
files.catbox.moe/hwog35.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good thread

>find a pristine nanoforge
>400k for free
>don't wanna pay that 30% tariff
>turn transponder off really quick right before docking at a friendly station
>friendly fleet pops out of nearby planet immediately
>bitches at me for having my transponder off
>wait for them to go away
>turn transponder back off
>can't dock because the nearby fleet still remembers I exist and immediately turns around to bother me again
>"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TURN YOUR IFF OFF"
>alright fine sorry jeez
>they start following me again
>every 5 seconds they reengage me
>can't talk to them but they never attack
>they're faster than me so I can't even outrun them
>this goes on for 10 fucking minutes
>repeatedly flying into my fleet and opening dialog over and over again
>considering just killing them all but afraid I'll lose a huge amount of rep for it
>remember interdict and sustained burn exist
>finally outrun them
>head back to friendly station
>turn off transponder right as it's coming into view
>2 more friendly fleets pop out from the planet AGAIN
>the same shit happens a 2nd time
>all of this just to save 70k
>made almost half as much just from commission in the month I've been playing cat and mouse with supposed friendlies

Free Ahne
Go back to updating your mods Mesotronik

Attached: screenshot051.png (1920x1080, 1014K)

>1177x1488
>NGO

collect vood

Attached: -_-.jpg (303x166, 6K)

Attached: java 2019-08-05 18-32-11-78.png (2560x1440, 922K)

>two plasma cannons

gee I sure hope NPC ships dont over extend and blow themselves up.

Attached: screenshot126.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Why is random gen so shit?

Attached: screenshot002.png (1920x1080, 369K)

adding more factions for a new run is fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4018.0 balanced?

>find a Mora cruiser for a good price in one system
>go and save up credits for it
>few months later it's no longer there
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where'd you get the front mission portraits?

front mission rips on minitokyo

It's one of the best faction mods, yes

There are people ITT that don't fly the best ship in the game. Pic related.
Where my Atlas Mk.II bros at?

Attached: AtlasMkIIShipIcon.png (200x390, 156K)

It has this bad boy, its fucking OP as hell.

Attached: screenshot127.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

BYD is good. It has a couple meme ass ships, one has a webm that always gets posted of a tiny destroyer raping an onslaught, but that shit's only viable like that in the simulator and you can't do that crap for free in a real engagement.

Of the two converted capitals Atlas is the best. I spammed them when they were only 10 DP.

Remember to change battlesize in the configs file for maximum FUN.

Attached: screenshot128.png (1920x1080, 526K)

Just land legit and sell black and then don't carry anything illegal. What are they gonna do? Send the tax accountant picket after you? If you balance it with a smaller portion of legit tariffs the reputation balance is usually neutral.

I'm flying a Doom as hammer to a Paragon anvil

I destroyed a Pirate armada with 8 Atlas Mk 2's with that, a Dominator and a couple of Sunders
Only reason to use an Atlas is because you need a 3rd or 4th Capital ship on short notice to take out a station (incidentally I'm about to go grab 2 and take out some Pather stations)

>buy 693 units of space heroin from tri-tachyon for around 50K credits
>make my way on over to that one hegemony planet that loves heroin
>mfw getting almost 200K credits

Attached: 1519838866273.jpg (501x504, 98K)

don't forget: block starsector.exe inbound & outbound connections in your firewall

Attached: 1493019749274.png (1600x900, 1.13M)

why

>Faction of IRS/Bounty hunters that work for all factions to track down non-tariff payers.
Modders make it so.

Attached: OhIlAUEC_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

>Bounty from the Hegemony to destroy the local pirates
>Buy all their black market pirate items
>GLASS EM
>Sell Contraband back to Hegemony
>Fuck off to the edge of the Galaxy with Tachyon and come back occasionally to sell wares and smuggle shit

Attached: hoo_boy.jpg (566x562, 40K)

Why?

>onslaught battleship with no dmods for 430k credits
should I buy it?

Attached: 1560362097988.gif (217x224, 1.39M)

>buying ships

Transverse dabbing on engaging fleets and playing jump points whackamole is very satisfying.

>being poor

Attached: 1563277684838.jpg (605x381, 156K)

>using shitty D-hulls

Sorry user pic related is the only capital for me

Attached: uw_dragon_bc.png (197x411, 129K)

The real question is weather or not you have good guns for it.

>40 speed

3slow5me

Attached: screenshot129.png (1920x1080, 420K)

>dabs on ur frigates

Attached: TheseOptimalJaeger[2].webm (1024x640, 603K)

I been working on them! Just yesterday finished debugging some complex stuff.

Attached: The Dong Shall Rise Again.png (845x209, 16K)

free money? yes thank you

>Use Sseth's key to try game
>Decide to go through with buying it
>Uninstall game then reinstall beforehand just to check if key prompt comes back
>Launcher goes right to Resolution Select/Start
Is the key data saved somewhere outside of it's main directory?
I don't know if I'll buy it if it's somehow permanently tied to that key.

>what are appdata & locallow folders
linuxposting is a art

the key info is probably located on %appdata% or on the registry. Either way it doesn't matter as long as you have your key safe and sound.

Just use the Imperial Elite Package you pussy.

>glorified chequebook balancing simulator
The game is shit.

what game?

Attached: 1564961035396.jpg (550x550, 35K)

I want to be a carrier player who spams fighters and bombers and shit. What would be a good ship to go for early and midgame? Just put some carrier holds on a regular ship or what?

Man, this game is hard. Bought it, played through the tutorials and moved on to the missions (glad to see this is a thing bc i was more invested in the space battles rather than the trading stuff) and I can barely scrape by on the medium ones. Any tips for a beginner or do i just need to git gud?

modded or normal?

memeing aside, the real reason is that I like fighting the Imperium but not piloting their stuff.

Something about their ships just dont feel right to me, but super satisfying
to go up against.

May I suggest the Pather capital. Its somehow really good.

Attached: screenshot108.png (1920x1080, 798K)

Both, whichever is more fun.

>early
Condor or Drover
>mid
Mora

It is located in the registry indeed.

Attached: key location.png (947x417, 29K)

>Gunnery implant
>100% target leading accuracy for auto fire weapons
is this worthless on an officer? since they're ai anyway

Is it Arnold or Clint?

Dassault mod is carrier focused
Diable Avionics also has some unique fighters, they basically deploy mechs with swords and miniguns

diable avionics is fighter centered, but i'm more partial to the interestellar imperuim hulls because they tend to be a mix of fighter carriers. Any combination of those should do you good.

>start up vanilla again
>procurement missions keep popping up
Feels good dodging pirates and patrols to keep the flow of goods going.

Attached: java 2019-08-05 18-48-11-70.png (2560x1440, 1.07M)

Didn't know it was Java, thanks boss

I've got loadsa guns, what are some good ones for it?

Clint

I'll check those out.
Simple enough, thanks.

With that many harvested organs wouldnt it be simpler to sow everything up into complete people so that they clear customs and then just tear them down again? They'd keep fresh that way too.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 16K)

I prefer the rust junker pirate aesthetic more, and Underworld adds some really good shit for it

Attached: Screenshot_75.png (1280x957, 608K)

Some of those sprites need touchups. Which ones you think need it most in Underworld?

thats like 30 units total my dude, was hanging around asheru once and gamir pirates requested 180 units of the damn thing, along with a shit ton of heavy machinery and metal, bless their hearts.

how does one install portraits mods? dragged and dropped and the game won't open. some faction id missing or some shit. had to reinstall the game because i replaced the original files.
please help!

Junk ships represent. Blue high tech tri-jew ships go home.

Attached: screenshot131.png (1920x1080, 952K)

You probably got the folder location wrong. You are suppose to have a "mods" folder with the SS app is suppose to be and put it in there. Mods when dropped in isnt suppose to replace anything.

Also remember kiddies, taking advantage of someone else's warcrimes and suffering is fun.

Attached: screenshot130.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Holy fuck this game is annoying

The constant badgering of pirates and difficult start makes me think of M&B and, may Allah forgive me for uttering their names, sea raiders

We posting fits?

Attached: screenshot022.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

Yes

Only thing I'd do is add red/black pirate paint so they match vanilla aesthetic a bit more, otherwise they're decent sprites as-is

Attached: Screenshot_76.png (892x495, 255K)

>whoops you're out of supplies
>whoops you ran into a random patrol that is OP
>just keep doing these boring procurement/bounties (that are OP) for several hours until you have enough shit
It's like someone made a game using the worst parts of Mass Effect 2 and 3.

What do you guys even use your alpha AI cores for
I dont need them as colony administrators

intense high danger low speed smuggling is kinda fun though.
Until you're sustained burning in deep hyperspess with an exploration fleet and accidentally into a giant pirate group while in a nebula storm

oh, you mean i just put them in the mod folder and that's it? i autistically merged each folder of the mod with the game's files and replaced the original ones.
thanks.

Infinite Space portrait pack I made a while ago:
mega.nz/#!gzInCKRb!BFh9mq4eYxcZPNE0AHTtpiFvtTpTd3XWy9_lF8w9WFM
It's shitty and doesn't fit at all.

NGO with updated prices I just made: mega.nz/#!EvIkRIRT!xcSbWKFICjPu1SQz7whRxv7QzVTFNSA3HS4fuMniZOk
Based on the fork some other user made.

>Based on the fork some other user made
Tell me more. Are people just working and redistributing NGO now?

It just stops other mods from crashing it, I think.

I shove them in an abandoned station with my nanoforges so no factions get too strong

Stick them into your industries and structures then.

Yeah thats basically it, don't fuck with the vanilla files unless its the configs. even then look up what things do first.

You just have to take the folder that the mod data is in and just put it into the "mods" folder, then make sure its turned on when you boot up the launcher.

And also appreciating that junker low tech life. Pirates and skullpainted ship welcome too.

Attached: screenshot125.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

There are even more people petty enough to do that? That kind of stuff makes it sound fine to just modify and redistribute their mods without permission at this point.

So I'm stuck. I'm not strong enough without getting my shit pushed in from the 150k bounties and station missions but too large so taking the smaller ones since it costs more to fly over and engage then they are worth.

Attached: fleet.png (1920x1082, 728K)

>cruiser cucks
FRIGATE CHADS STRONG
CAN'T CATCH US
DELIVERING A MILLION DRUGS
TAKING ON 100K PIRATE FLEETS

Just finished Sseth's review of it. So can human players feasibly gut a cargo ship and fill it with weapons? That pirate trick sounds exactly like what an Ork from 40k would do.

You can remove the industry requirement for commerce by replacing the industry tag with structure in data\campaign\industries.csv.

who SO Lasher master race here

>then make sure its turned on when you boot up the launcher.
i didn't know that. thanks, user.

>can human players feasibly gut a cargo ship and fill it with weapons
no but you can buy/salvage ships that had that done by pirates, or get blueprints to make those same modified ships
hull mods can also let you do creative shit like turn a freighter into a carrier

Only one or two modders did it. I wouldn't start doing that, modders are fragile and tend to purge everything when fucked with like that.

>So can human players feasibly gut a cargo ship and fill it with weapons?

Yep. Just copy the given ship and edit the sprite & csv files. From there, it's as simple as adding it to the player faction, and any others, then waiting for the market refresh, or spawning one in yourself.

name a worse game design decision than hyperspace storms

Attached: hypershit storms.png (1920x1080, 3.45M)

>two planets in the same system
>no trading ports yet
>-100 rep pirates in three sytems around me constantly sending raids
>only a level one HQ on both of my worlds
>surviving off the supplies I take from constant raids
>my tiny patrols attempt to kill the running supply ships while I fight the main fleets
I miss my comfy salvage runs.

Just turn off your burners and manually fly retard.

Just count yourself lucky you didnt experience REAL pain with the old hyperspace storms

Why? It's tedious and boring. Literally nobody has fun navigating around storms in hyperspace. Not even you.

You can't edit the ships like that ingame. but there IS a special mod literally called Safety Overrides that turns your ship into a berserker while making all weapons into CQB range.

There is also an entire faction of religious fanatics who pilot ships like that, except Safety Overrides is built in.

Attached: screenshot116.png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

>thinking they'd just let hyperspace be a safe space instead of being filled with pirates and fucking warp storms
you just need to git gud and thank the emperor there are no demons trying to breach the gellar field so they can rape your face

Attached: 5b694531d257aa4d148903283e2835c8[1].jpg (838x1599, 254K)

Install solar shields if they bother you that much

Eh, i digress. When you learn how to use the storm to your favor, it becomes very easy to yeet yourself from point a to b.

You do realize you can power through and ride the storms by Emergency burning through them right?

It eats CR and fuel burns fast, but you get too surf the hyperspace storms like a baller.

Install the Solar Shielding hullmod and it'll barely nick your ships. Meanwhile, you get to your destination twice as fast.

3/3 safety procedures, install solar shields and burn through those storms with no CR issue

solar shields protect you from the storm? the more you know,

It takes likes twenty seconds to get from the core to outside of civilization if you just speed up time like a normal person.

Why is Mesotronic so slow, Yea Forums?

Is there any ship, vanilla or mod, which is just like a gigantic cannon. Does 1 thing and that's fire a fucking huge shot?

solar shielding is honestly pretty good and underrated if you know how to use it correctly. it's fairly cheap for a hullmod and if you can lure the enemy into fighting in a corona you can easily outlast them until they malfunction

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2018.11.22 - 12.41.29.56.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

>it's not near anything in the system
Almost ran out of supplies trying to find this thing and still no luck. Is this a bug?

Attached: Jre Screenshot 2019.08.05 - 20.14.38.97.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

What a bunch of lame asses

no. Just keep flying around using sensor ping or perhaps try the neutrino detector. The red circle is about the outer limit for things to spawn

Attached: outerrreaches.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

Neutrino has an insanely OP one. Imperium has a ship that launches a nuke.

No, "some distance away" survey missions are extremely shit. In my opinion, they exist solely to bait people into taking the Neutrino Detector skill.

Theres the Vindicator S from Ships/Weapons Pack thats basically a mobile artillery piece.

Theres also Scy nations capital carrier that for whatever reason has a huge fuck off cannon.

Syhpon RnD has a "planet-killer" ship which has a huge fuck you laser.

And also some ships mods have a spinal mount weapon built in so theres that.

Attached: screenshot134.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

>tfw truckin' past xbox hueg invasion fleets
>while i'm carrying marines and drugs to space terrorist
life is good

What happened to leveling up your crew members? Or was that an old mod?

Alex got rid of it then put CR bonuses into skills instead.

I'm way too addicted to growing my colonial empire holy shit

I still miss that and wish it was never cut.

Nice. Artillery ships are my jam.

guys i'm like 4 hours into this game HELP

what do i do with skill points?
how do i make my ships not suck?
is it gay if the flux touches?

are there any mods that add OP medium/small sized ships?
preferably not used by the AI

neutrino is pretty fun

why is bounty hunting with a small fleet so comfy?

Attached: 1538758721916.jpg (576x768, 127K)

honestly alex has made some dumb design decisions. The old skill system wasn't great but still better than the current one where you have lots of useless level ups just to pump up your max to 3 or how some really good tier 3 skills are locked behind trash tier 1s and 2s. Now he's changing it again and story points look fucking dumb

That sucks, I remember buying a batch of fresh recruits taking them out to fight, then selling them off with the spoils of war just to buy a fresh new batch of recruits just to do it all over again.

I found a Corrupted Nanoforge, two Pristine Nanoforges, a Synchrotron Core, and an Alpha Core. What should I do with these? Obviously I can sell them for quick cash but what's the longer term strategy with these, setting up a colony somewhere to mass produce something for me? What do I look for in a potential colony?

>2 alpha AIs
>pristine nanoforge
>synchotron
>decent fleet
>decent amount of bitcoin saved up
yep, its colony time

Attached: 1559057029016.jpg (319x319, 9K)

>pristine Colossus
Is it worth grabbing if I enjoy making random detours to hunt/bully pirates?

Can just I grab it and park it safely somewhere alongside my mothballed Heron without breaking my monthly income?

Attached: Freighter Tyme.png (1254x404, 482K)

Is there any way to see what's being sold where?
I need to find like 4 Tachyon lances

I would like to say something: You can get rid of D-Mods at any port, there's an option "Restore" in the refit area, the cost of getting rid of them is about the same whether is 1 or 5 D-Mods but it will always be just a little higher than buying the ship brand new
Not super important but something to consider

Attached: 1497617436382.jpg (512x512, 134K)

Definitely a nice glass cannon
>6 effective large mounts

I played for 9 hours today and I still have no idea what I'm doing. I don't know what to do with the weapons I find. I keep using autofit to my ships but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Does this game just suck without mods and if so which mods do I need

don't sell anything but the corrupted nanoforge

Why would he sell the corrupted nanoforge?
it's good if you wanna make a new colony but don't have a new nanoforge

that's the purpose the restore button

wait i'm dumb, i though you were asking if you could restore ships.

You'll pay a monthly fee if you're storing it in another faction's market, but it's very small. The Colossus is the best vanilla cargo freighter, it's worth picking up.

Hey hey people

Chuck militarized subsystems and expanded cargo holds on it and the Colossus has a ridiculous supply:cargo ratio.

Here here. I miss crew veterancy as well. I wonder if it's moddable?

If Chuck militarized subsystems what did Sneed do?

because he said he had 2 pristine ones

Shut the fuck up

Which galaxy generation setting provides the largest amount of jungle/terran planets? I selected mixed to start with and 95% of the planets I've come across are barren rock/dustballs or gas giants.

That or are there any mods for terraforming things at all? I know it's supposed to be a post-collapse society but I'd sure enjoy having a home base that is more than only 1 planet or isn't shit with 0 farming capabilities.

What are the best destroyer hulls? I've heard the Medusa is great, but are there any others I should be looking out for?

>phase ship with antimatter blasters
Feels so damn good wrecking ships three times my size.

Attached: cropped (72).jpg (477x678, 77K)

Hammerhead is always solid
Enforcer is a flying brick that wont die
Sunder can punch above its weight if it gets a good chance(with autopulse lasers at least)
Harbinger used to be the reaper itself but its still amazing

What about the Shrike? I see them for sale everywhere.

How's the game

Its alright, it doesnt have amazing firepower but it does come with a good medium missile slot which is a lot more powerful than it appears

Don't know, maybe you should make a thread about it to spur some discussion

it's shit. We all hate it.

Found it and it wasn't really worth it in the end. I'm definitely never taking that mission again. Although, I got this as a consolation price.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.08.05 - 21.09.19.54.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

>pre-collapse military base
the fuck? what mod is that from?

More importantly, what does it even do

>Start the game and have no idea what Im doing
>Play the game more
>Discover that the game is actually boring
Thanks eceleb man

Attached: 1556070714407.png (832x770, 144K)

I'm playing as a courier/scavenger, doing delivery runs and slowly growing and replacing ships. Started the game with that small drone tender, but I'm considering the Salvage Rig. Is it better? How can I tell? If I fly around with both do I get better salvage? I'm mostly concerned about it's absolute lack of storage and everything at all.

No idea what this means

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.08.05 - 21.21.43.31.png (1920x1080, 700K)

Well as was said in the THI thread, life has been crazy.

Dong has this thing as well as the other examples given.

Oops, forgot the picture.

Attached: dong cannon.gif (500x300, 2.32M)

planet_gen_data.csv
set FREQUENCY of desired planet types to 100
if you feel like reading the modding guide on the forum, you can teach yourself how to use the other Offsets to tune what spawns where.

Attached: ter.png (1863x839, 97K)

???

>It ejects a shell.
That's fantastic.

>can't find Assault Chainguns or Heavy Maulers
>everyone's black market offers HVDs and Xyphos
Alright then

Attached: java 2019-08-05 21-21-51-47.png (2560x1440, 1.88M)

D O N G
O
N
G

is it better to have a bunch of smaller ships or a bunch of larger ships?

I'm 300 over cargo. Do I ditch metal or organics?

Thanks user. I can see why I was seeing them all the time as the two of them together are more than any other type combined.

are there ayy lmaos/cosmic horrors in this game?

Attached: 1556164665319.png (450x393, 90K)

Metals everytime

early on frigates are fine but later on you should really drop them and have destroyers as your smallest since cruisers, fighter swarms, and capitals fucking fly swat frigates

>ayys
now
>cosmic horrors
Kinda

Sorry I meant "no"

how can i easily determined if i'm gonna get my shit pushed in a fleet engagement? what do the orange bars mean? is there a newbie guide somewhere?

They have the same unit price though?

yes and yes it is better at salvaging and having more salvage ships does improve your salvaging bonus in particular the salvager is a bigger ship so it has a bigger salvage bonus.

granted if you are not running around with three or more colossus you probably don't need a salvager

You can always get metals EVERYWHERE

Orange bars are how damaged a ship is. They're also known as D-mods. A ship with 5 of them has lower capabilities.

lad the game literally tells you the danger level when you hover over a fleet. orange bars are d-mods.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.07.26 - 18.21.14.89.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

In pratice, sure. Not on the market.

Fair point.

I went with a little of both 'cause I figure I'll depress the unit value of each when I get back to port, but thanks for the input.

Vertical orange bars are D-Mods, something that's extremely wrong with the ship.
As for telling how dangerous a fleet is, you really have to get to know what ship hulls are capable of. I got the hang of it after a few hours.

I've never seen metals trade for over 15 credits, even without the good boy tax.

Even with a shortage the price is absolute garbage, the only reason to carry it is building makeshift relays, quartermaster bar swaps, and if you have free cargo space.

If you build ships at that colony it would help reduce d mods.

No ayys
It'd be cool though. I never understand when someone makes a space game, but without ayys, like, what's the point?
>cosmic horros
kind of, it turns out that some hundred years ago some programmers fucked up and crea

Is there a way to remove the default portraits after I install a mod?

Or maybe a recommendation for a mod that replaces the default ones?

how hard is modding in this game and what did I need if I wanted to let's say creeate a copy of existing ship with altered stats?

What the fuck is the point of salvage rigs? They bring nothing to my fleet.

It means you're playing with an anti-NGO modders mod

Have a read of that mods factions relationship file for a lol

because HUMANITY is le monster :^^^^^^)
I don't know about creating a new ship, but if you just want to edit an existing one then just change the ship_data.csv in the hulls folder

how much does the nerexlin or whatever mod change up the game?

They boost your salvage.

Factions take over systems and get into constant wars with each other.

>but if you just want to edit an existing one then just change the ship_data.csv in the hulls folder
that won't do
I dont want every other fleet to have same stupidly OP ship as me

there are plenty of mods that already add in unique OP ships.

Attached: 1565027295509.jpg (1000x1000, 524K)

easy enough, make a copy and only add it to your player faction ship list, or just spawn it in with console commands mod, make sure your ship id doesn't conflict, you'll find out if it does in the crash log

>bought a paragon
>gave it a tachyon lance, 3 plasma cannons and two hypervelocity drivers
>my obscene amount of weapon points allows me to have nearly 50 and 50 on flux capacity and venting
jesus christ what can stand against this

God damn large battles are fun. Makes me want to pilot a carrier just so I can have the luxury of watching the battlefield more often

Alternatively you can just fuck around with console commants

Where do you find the lore in the game? Or is it all external wikis.

do i play vanilla or modded first time?

vanilla
learn to play first

Get fucked pirates
high-tech is best tech

Attached: pirat.jpg (1912x1073, 251K)

Newshitter here
How big is the universe map in this game? Can you just fly aimlessly into deep space without using hyperspace? Are there uninhabited places to explore?

You called?

Attached: Remnant_battleship.png (316x324, 167K)

Can you remove [REDACTED] from solar systems?
All the systems with the good planets are on a warning level.

Attached: DmoOFqoUUAEE5Ha.jpg (306x306, 15K)

what are some mods / ships with this feel?

Attached: twokatanas.webm (1200x506, 2.97M)

Large energy mounts are too strong. 4 tachyon lances combined with anything that applies hard flux (ideally heavy needlers) completely break the game.

fractalsoftworks.com/category/lore-2/
Also read the description for missions from the title screen, and read all the description for planets or stations

Kill station, they will stop spawning. Finish off remaining fleets after that.

What can beat a fleet of carriers? It seems like the AI can't cope with them very well

youtube.com/watch?v=SoKNte6wPR0

not him but i swear i've seen a station respawning before.

>How big is the universe map in this game?
Pic related in Vanilla
>Can you just fly aimlessly into deep space without using hyperspace?
Interstellar is exclusively hyperspace, but there's still other fleets, derelicts, etc in hyperspace, and you're not locked on a path.
You can also fly around waaay outside the core of a system
>Are there uninhabited places to explore?
Shitloads, only the tiny cluster in the middle is colonized, the rest is ruins, untouched and pirates hiding.

Attached: starsector map.png (1915x1080, 897K)

this webm triggers me
imagine all that work, all that money, all those years building those ships only to have them crash against one another because no one taught these retards to navigate kilometers away from each other

How do I git gud with Doom, it's mines are constantly nuked by PDs
Do I just remove every slot outright and make it the ultimate invisible meme machine or what

I think plot-wise, they're all sitting in dry(air?)dock which doesn't explain why they're crewed at the time

How do I get good at nexelrin?
Pirates keep killing my colonies

Attached: 1564615862244.jpg (640x612, 87K)

some men just want to watch the world & their work burn

Attached: roof.gif.jpg.png (1080x1159, 184K)

post anime portrait pack

carrier waifu modpack

Fucking knew the forum faggots were raging in these threads.

I think I have been quite sensible.

Too bad the star wars mod never kicked off

found it thx
gonna switch out all ur portraits with waifus now sry

Mines have same momentum your ship has. If you put one while moving it'll drift in same direction slowly. Combine that with putting them on the way of targets - smaller ships are easier to hit.
Take missile specialization, it boosts not only damage but hp of mines too. Must have skill for doom.
Large ships are generally very hard to hit with mines because minimum distance you can put those is too great. Also doom works poorly against enemies that have large amount of ship-based PD.

Does the neutrino sensor work? I've never felt like I detect anything with it, much less to the extent that justifies resource use.

Just please don't distribute it friend.

the fuck is "8/6/5/4%" section in ship_data.csv?

Does nothing, can be safely left blank. They were once reference values but no longer do anything.

im gunna in the next /vg/ thread

Attached: tiandong_boss_abrahamo_lincolni.png (128x128, 25K)

mmm this is the ticket

Attached: tumblr_ntah4cLY7G1uwm0v6o2_500.png (432x611, 509K)

Based Sseth doing good work

I installed a portrait mod but the ugly ass default portraits are still in.

How do I remove/disable them?

Replace them with something else, that's the easiest way. Just make sure you rename them exactly or the game crashes.

Change the shit in your portraits folder.

Are there some mods that are pretty much essential or should I play vanilla first?

they just jumped in, if memory serves. There's zero reason for them to be sitting that closely but it was nice to see something other than photon pewpews do damage in starwars.

Good old Abe, brings a smile to my face every time.

Vanilla is big enough for new players

girls in top hats bring a smile to my dick

Attached: y1aCUE3.png (652x1082, 353K)

Can run some quality of life things though on a first run even like this:

Auto Save
Common Radar
Console Commands
LazyLib
Speed Up
Version Checker

oh no gonna do this one
fukken saved

Attached: 482-4825198_anime-girl-and-manga-image-anime-girl-top.png (421x1030, 372K)

>Version Checker

>don't forget: block starsector.exe inbound & outbound connections in your firewall

hmmmmmmm

Attached: 8b4.gif (496x600, 237K)

You realize you can read Version Checker's source and see exactly what it does right? It is 100% benign.

> It is 100% benign.
hmmmmm

Attached: shabbosgoy.png (482x255, 133K)

Fine don't believe me or read it, Starsector itself doesn't connect to the net by the way.

So you're telling me I can be a space trucker, a black market partaker, blind patriot, or a average citizen who does some light trading ends up in some shady dealings only to skirt authorities until you gain enough influence to bribe your way out of everything giving you the chance to own a planet that becomes the next big threat to all the other factions?

Attached: 1564186750509.jpg (2048x2048, 767K)

Do you really think that Alex would allow just any mod to make call outs to the net? I'm 99% sure that there was a special exception put in place for that mod.

>hmmmmmmm

Educate yourself.
bitbucket.org/LazyWizard/version-checker/src/default/org/lazywizard/versionchecker/

>detection range: 21

aint nobody finding me here

Attached: detection range.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

you've been really obvious in your sperging
Poor little unpaid modder control freak

>He supports the Persean League

Attached: 64646.gif (284x342, 1.44M)

Talking calmly and providing advice and answering questions is sperging? And control freak? Nope, all I ask is that other modders respect the work of other modders than that I don't give a fuck.

And I am not hiding anything, if I wanted to not "be obvious" then I wouldn't be saying the things I have been nor not changing how I talk.

The heck is Free Ahne

*Yawns*
Sure bud, keep sperging out.

You sound like the sperg here, heh.

If the mod is so suspicious, then PLEASE do us all a favor and point out WHERE it is so that we can get that shit taken out ASAP!

friendly remainder that TriTachyon did literally nothing wrong and AI is fully legitimate field of research

Respect is a two way street. Get back what you put in.

What are you talking about?

I'm not sure what's lower, your IQ or your testosterone levels

>Black Holes don't melt your fleets instantly
>[REDACTED] are so smart yet they don't go dark on key locations and ambush invaders

Attached: 1544755246401.jpg (1125x1358, 254K)

Remember that you can move while holding S to get the same detection range bonuses as if you weren't moving at all.

His are probably higher than both of yours.

The scene doesn't make any sense anyways. It's space. Propulsion is zero-sum. A tugboat pushing two cruisers together can't deal any more damage than the tugboat itself.

There's some serious magic momentum bullshit going on in that shot.

Heh....yeah that post was me, meso *high five*. Can I be mod in your discord now?

What the hell is going on here?

>Use speed boost
>Hold shift to go fast
>Fleet always, ALWAYS go face first straight into stars so you take supply hit every time

REEEEEE

Local modding scene numale vs shitposting autist

What

Attached: 1431746620827.jpg (416x400, 30K)

a /pol/autist has been sperging out for like a week because a neo nazi mod got removed from the forum.

Kek numale, not sure why you say that.

*and the portrait pack he didn't like
**and every other mod he doesn't like

It's the way you type. Reeks of estrogen

Attached: meso.jpg (1709x392, 126K)

There is lots of confusion and anger here!

Can you name any other mods? I have no idea what is going on here.

>being this mad about low quality mods getting removed
But of course, you are also a post2016fag who revels in shitposting and screams autistically at any enforcement of quality, begone faggot!.

Guys do we have to drag in conflict into the thread again
I just want a comfy starsector thread

I'm just confused since all this suddenly came out of nowhere recently.
And I don't understand why people are dragging that stuff in here. If people want to play some notnazi faction just fix it and play it personally like those guys that did so last thread and end it there. Why would you deliberately go out of your way to tell that to others that oppose the thing and shit up the thread.

Attached: Revelation.png (100x100, 16K)

Holy shit. why does the AI cheat so fucking hard?
>going dark
>detection range is literally under 100
>Enemy fleet just knows where I am from over 1k away
>"haha we just know :^)"

Wrong person friend.

Actually looks fun and immersive

it probably sensor pinged you before you went dark then headed in that direction to investigate it. Never had an issue with AI cheating 100+ hours desu

There was a thing you could do to store/move stuff between inventories just by mousing over them, right? What was it? I can't remember.

More like the literally who league

It isn't possible anymore, hard to be comfy after all the drama. It used to be a good thing to have modders in the threads.

Attached: java 2016-03-11 11-31-32-04.jpg (1364x768, 159K)

Im the config files, look for 'alttoitemtranster' or something liek that, change it's value to true with notepad and save it

>They entered through hyperspace and just emergency burned into my direction the second they got in.
Smells fishy. lost my whole fleet REEEE

>Yeah, please remove me from the list of mods yours affects. I don't want to be associated with this, and I don't want anyone to think I was responsible for your copyright violations.

Top Kek

Attached: ocdonutsteel.png (800x1745, 421K)

>templar mod update NEVER

Multiplayer mod WHEN?

Censorship is bad

Attached: kim kielsen.jpg (380x570, 17K)

>"altMouseMoveToMassTransfer"
neat

Thanks user.

never ever

Attached: java 2016-03-11 13-37-35-17.jpg (1364x768, 112K)

Was it pirates? Did you pirate the game? If you pirate the game it'll send bullshit pirate death fleets like that at you constantly.

Now i bothered to read the planned skill system overhaul, looks pretty bad.

fractalsoftworks.com/2019/07/08/skills-and-story-points/

Attached: eating_3.jpg (320x320, 16K)

no i used meme jewtubers free code. got curios about the game with so many threads being up so wanted to see what it was like.
pretty neato

Why do you think it is bad?

The "stabilize the jump points" mission from the start isn't disappearing from the quest log, is there anything else you're supposed to do with it?

Can I roleplay as Gargantia or Macross in this game?

that's my perspective of course, but the approach now is going to be killing half the general improvements that makes the game less frustrating to make them a choice factor, a new player playing the game wouldn't mind, but moving out of this generalized skill system is going to be hard to not miss.
Ah also on a different note:

>The second goal is to make the system more approachable. Currently, you can pick any skill you want – imagine, as a new player, being presented with some 30-odd choices of what skill to get, while you’re still figuring out how to play the game. This isn’t just a new-player-oriented feature, however. I think reducing the number of options at any given point will also make for more impactful and considered choices for players of any skill level.
>Finally, updating a system is a great time to simplify it, so that’s a goal as well.

I hope Alex doesn't think that simplification = Good if anything the customization options should be wider but if you care about abusing mechanics being too good, just nerf or restrict them.

>always use the black market openly
>constantly getting stopped by patrols
>don't care as my reputation tanks from constantly being pulled

Thank you for explaining! Yea this is worth thinking over more.

not him but it doesn't fix the problems of the current skill system in that some skills are straight up useless and are only taken because you need it for a better one. A straight upgrade path just results in even less choice since Alex isn't that great at balancing so most choices will be obvious.

>Been playing for days
>Only now realize that you can buy new ships through the fleet screen

Attached: 1564987266188.jpg (557x433, 56K)

>but moving out of this generalized skill system is going to be hard to not miss.

Just increase the level cap, problem solved.

As an entirely self sufficient fleet that hardly visits any markets?

Attached: [UTW-Vivid]_Suisei_no_Gargantia_-_05v2_[h264-720p][B4684EAE].mkv_snapshot_13.22_[2016.06.15_05.59.34 (1280x720, 671K)

I think he meant the NGO dev, who was banned from the forum because some braindead kitbasher had a serious case of autism.

Onslaught is my waifu

Yeah man. Instead of having a colony on a planet, I want them on my specialised colony fleet. Just rewatched Gargantia last week and I really want this. Been playing as a scavenger too. I also want mechs if possible. Mods are ok.

approlight has several of those

With the Colony re-balance, should my first colony be a planet with better quality resources (like abundant ores) over planets with more industries to exploit?

Attached: 1548958319183.png (1000x1000, 439K)

It literally doesn't matter. What's most important is multiple colonies in the same system, optimally habitable moons orbiting a gas giant

hazard>resources
resources are nice but a 50-75% hazard rating planet will grow very quickly and industries will produce profit by themselves even without being supplied by in-faction mining

>muh quality

Both are valid as long as you get some immediate income from exports.

With the reduced maintenance, hazard rating is only an issue in the first few months. What you want is several planets in the same system with a specialization for each.

Getting back into the game after the surge in threads pre-colony shit I think, but how are raids, I just noticed the option for them and they seem kind of interesting. Can I completely hijack a pirate colony and claim it as my own if I have enough firepower?

Attached: 1563209243572.jpg (720x774, 200K)

Would be cool to have a mobile base of sorts or something for a bit of on-the-go production. Can't really think of any way to make that sort of play style work with the current state of the game other than hoarding everything you find floating around though.

Vanilla: no
Nexerelin mod: HELL YEAH!

Yeah, some of the UI elements are sooooo small
and everything tends to blend together in the same color group most of the time.
I hope there's some improvement in the future.

to add to that, i think the way skills are being handled now doesn't really boost replayability, if you just can reassign skills now then you wouldn't have any necessity to start over a new game since you can experience all the ways of playing in a single save and roleplaying means sticking to a model or role from the beginning, you can do other things but less effectively than the other role, if you just can change at any moment your way of playing and then starting a new game wouldn't be much incentive to play as that role because you already know what is it like at mid-late game because you played as it in your previous save, reassigning skills shouldn't be a thing or you can make it a far endgame reward, but even then it doesn't make sense anymore, the meat of starsector is the starting part of the game when you chose your way of playing, you're very limited and you have to plan ahead or be punished (which is not a bad thing because you experiment and discover the different ways of gameplay which transform into multiple playthroughs.)

I think the skill system should emphasize on the roles you can take in the game.
and by roles i mean the following: combat oriented role, trading oriented role, exploration oriented role. If you emphasize on one you lose effectiveness on the other but inside each roles you expand the options example.

combat oriented roles: give advantages for being a faction militia OR a free lance bounty hunter.
Trade oriented roles: give advantages for being an honest trader OR being a smuggler
Exploration oriented roles: give advantages for being an scavenger OR being a planet surveyor.
Note: of course choosing one shouldn't prevent you from picking things from the other side, each spec shouldn't be mutually exclusive, but you will have to sacrifice things for your role, or how it is now.
That's how i think replay ability will truly be boosted.

Are there any mods that add alien life/monsters? i wanna kill big cthulu niggers with an onslaught

>asking questions you already know the answers to

If I start with 3 ships and I'm allied with a faction, is it cheating? Or am I supposed to start neutral with everybody and one shitty ship?

Man, this game is so good. It's like Mount & Blade but much better. Fuck Bannerlord and its never ending development cycle

Attached: thank you, sseth.png (464x332, 233K)

I do hoard everything I find since I earned enough money to sustain myself currently. Having a drifting colony is cool as heck I agree. At least it gives me another option as a player instead of always finding a good planet to settle on. Imagine the number of ways to expand this if StarSector have this. It will be awesome.

that's mostly roleplay so it doesn't matter.

>Fuck Bannerlord and its never ending development cycle
Well, about that....

any good loadouts for Safety overwrites on capitals? I installed the mod that lets you do that but I don’t know what to do with it

the problem is the range reduction, that really fucks captials

> how are raids
fucking annoying
>hey dude we're gonna cross the entire sector just to get to your planets :^)

>he doesn't know

Niggers barely give a shit about pirates and pathers on their doorstep. But one fucking backwater shithole half a year away in the distant reaches of the sector makes them sperg out because they can make their own fuel.

Attached: 1432613833713.jpg (200x251, 18K)

If a mod is cooler than theirs, the spergs who run the forums will get it banned.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9052.0
>Should – A recommendation. Not a huge deal if you deviate, but make sure there's a purpose for it.
>Shall – A requirement. You may deviate only if there is a compelling reason for it.
>Unusually long-ranged ballistic and energy weapons shall have significant drawbacks.
But missile spam is ok because reasons. Like this one: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10046.0
>Prepare to face an aggressive faction that relies on overwhelming fighter forces and missile saturation.
>missile saturation

Tart is just that, a tart who likes to get all gussied up and spend hours trolling grindr for dicks. Not as bad as the mesofag who rages whenever anons call him out on being a dick sucking faggot sucking up to the dev to keep his e-peen erect by dictating what mods can stay and which can go.

>So wait a second, let me get this straight. Not only are you creating a mod using stolen art from God knows how many sources... You also are now adding this stolen art to the pool of portraits in other mods without asking first too! But wait there is more, you are even modifying and overwriting the art from some of those mods that add their own original not stolen art. Man the stones on you, and I don't mean that in a good way.
>stolen art

Meanwhile, this mod stays up: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13716.msg248066#msg248066 that has stolen art
Meanwhile this mod stays up: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10836.0 which has stolen art from Front Mission

hey guys, I found a really good planet in a system that has those robots in them. I killed all the robots, so could I colonize the planet or will there be problems?

What mods got banned?

The space nazi one got so banned that the autistic illuminati on the forums have banded together to spy on the mod to make sure it never gets revived as they are writing infected code to cause a crash if their mods are installed along side the space nazi mod. Any time the space nazi mod gets updated, they have agreed to update their mods to crash the game if the mod detects the space nazi mod running.

Other than that, if you make a mod that alters their waifu/husbando's portraits they will get it banned. See the post you responded to for evidence.

You don't even need a fleet if you play your cards right.
Some time ago I set up a colony and invested literally everything I had into it until I was left with a single frigate.
Then I just alt-tabbed and let the game do its thing, only checking up to build facilities on my colony.
Few minutes later I had an obscenely powerful colony and lost the will to play the game.
That was in the previous version. I hope that shitbitch Alex made some changes by now.

why are threads popping up recently? Did it just get updated?

eceleb made a video about it, newfags are overjoyed the guy they give 5 grand a month in paymeton bux so are swarming, faggots from the forums are here to conduct damage control for reasons unknown

Isn't only one mod crashing NGO though? And they have a point about needing permission to alter other mods least the ones who have a license on their work. It seems like you are looking for malice and collusion where there is none but I might be wrong.

Sseth (youtuber) made a video about it, a lot of people who watch his videos also browse Yea Forums, so it got a surge a popularity.

There has always been forum faggots here.

>a lot of faggots who watch his videos
ftfy
Yeah but they were easier to ignore when the threads were slower and mod drama was buried under meaningful update shit.

Get a job

imagine being this angry at everything, all the time

Ok spoonfeed me. What's wrong with VLC and Palemoon?

There is no mod drama, except for I guess Ahne coming here to sperg.

I have no idea for Palemoon, but for VLC, some some "security organization" cried wolf on every tech news site for a vulnerability that was patched a year before.

bump on this question

Update your mods

Every tech site talked about this, but if you want VLC's side of the story:
twitter.com/videolan/status/1153963312981389312

I guess if your whole life revolves around farming e-cred on a niche game's forums, that's "everything".

strawpoll.me/18428854

Attached: conquest.png (190x400, 138K)

so what mods are causing the crash then :^)

Yeah I remember that hole, and I remember in the same article it was said that you should update VLC because it's already fixed. Though that was some polish IT site.

You should update yours... Oh wait they are banned and you are still seething about it, sorry.

Still not voting until it has DME

Fuck off Ahne

tfw

Attached: screenshot002.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

You're either with Approlight or you're a dirty deeble faggot. Pick a side we're at war.

all the big faction/gameplay mods

OH! OH! THS IS THE GAME LE EPIC REVIER MAN DID ON HIS YOUTUBE INTERWEB CHANNEL XD I LOVE HOW FUNNY HIS REVIEWS ARE I LOVE HOW HE GETS US GAMER HUMOR AND HIS JOKES ARE GOOD Yea Forums JOKES LIKE THE ONES W EMAKE HERE I LOVE THIS GAME

cringing at you, /pol/tard

>ugh why cant you guys just suck eceleb dick with me

I hope you're having a good day, user.

i find that kind of hard to believe, because my game is yet to crash

I don't know how to play. I made the tutorials but in every fight, I get destroyed in the first seconds. Wtf

You lie.

wait for the next round of updates

Let the AI handle all your weapons, you clearly suck at aiming.

kek, you really got a hate boner for problems that don't exist.

well in that case if suddenly all the mods on version checker update i know which ones to check for some crash removal

learn about weapon range advantage, and flux absorption and dissipation.

lewdick church is best faction
Change my mind

If you want to know, it was only Kadur Remnants, and only for one update more than a years ago. The block was then removed.

Shittier version of the Hegemony.

nice, so its a mod that i will never even use desu

Have you prayed today, brothers?
youtube.com/watch?v=XNcyzVTVMT4

Classic

eat my laser AI dick, filthy ludd

Imagine UNIRONICALLY driving a rusty shitbucket low-tech ship
fucking ew

Just curious. Is there any point of buying your own cd key if you are using that e-celebs cd key atm?

It will be blacklisted next update

Do what Sseth said, use his key to try the game, and buy it if you like it.
some people are saying his key will get revoked since he put it online, im using it right now, might get my own copy because this game is diggin

Fuck off, Onslaught a best

That code makes the game install spyware onto your PC too :^)
buy the game goy'em

i got three people to buy this game already, and i'm pirating most vidya out of principle.
it's p alright, but the forum fags seem to deserve physical punishment first and foremost.

One paragon can beat TEN shitty onslaughts

Your weeaboo "teleports behind u" bullshit won't save you when I decide to ram the shit out of you, Tri-Kikeyon.

>implying your shitty dead-slow rust bucket can my pristine Paragon after you get 4 Tachyon lances up your ass

>4 Tachyon lances
Barely felt a thing. :^)

>takes 5 years to reach the battlefield
I’ll be waiting with my x4 sabot build, gramps

>ssethcondaries polluting Starsector
Out.
GET OUT

both shit, you'll never catch me as I just out speed you and go dark so you'll never find me
*Raids your colony and dabs on your trade ships*

Eat shit fag

>saving your dead game

cry more, nobody talked about starsector before his video

This thing feels completely broken. I don't even know what the fuck its system does, but mobility and flux stats are absolutely bullshit, it's like Aurora with x2 weapon range and infinite flux pool for 10 more points.

Attached: 1549981697046.png (326x465, 149K)

hell yea my fleet of salvaged flying garbage took down a capital ship. all it took was 3 shrikes and a mule blowing up.
new flagship right here.

i though mules were trash but mass mules is hilarious. just cause you can stack em deep and they dont die. when one does die who cares its shitty ass mule with 4-5 d mods on it.

Attached: screenshot005.png (1920x1200, 640K)

REMOVE TRITEC remove tritec you are worst human. you are the tritec idiot you are the AI smell. return to Eochu Bres. to our persean league cousins you may come our sector. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,hegamony we will never forgive you. tritec rascal FUck but fuck asshole AI stink Ludic path sqhipere shqipare..tritec genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead AI cores.ahahahahahTRITEC WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget the Collapse .Tritec we kill the cooperate council , persean league return to your precious kazeron….hahahahaha idiot tritec and AI smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE TRITEC FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. Independent+Hegamony=kill Tritec…you will The Collapse/ Ludic alive in Jangala, ludic making album of jangala . fast rap ludic jangala. we are rich and have lobster now hahahaha ha because of Ludic… you are ppoor stink Tritec… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a shuttle ludic alive numbr one #1 in Jangala ….fuck the Eochu bres ,..FUCKk ashol tritec no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and planet. ludic aliv and real strong wizard kill all the tritec AI aminal with rap magic now we the hegemony rule .ape of the zoo Port mastrer Hathor Hellas fukc the AI and lay egg this egg hatch and tritec wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. Hegemony greatest faction

Attached: 1541680906577.png (264x258, 61K)

>you decide to...
>1. Leave
kek

Ah yes, Starsector threads getting archived after 5 replies were much better, right?
Don't go into these threads if you don't like it so much, nigger.

What faction mods are good additions that are lore friendly and feel welcome in the world? I really like low-tech stuff, ballistics and rockets rather than phase and lasers

Pretty much

Blackrock, Diable, Interstellar Imperium, Metelson (?), Ship and Weapons Pack, Arsenal Expansion.
Quality varies.

Attached: heyhey.jpg (476x375, 23K)

Interstellar Imperium, Tiandong

Finally found a Buffalo (A) on the market, but I’ve already got a Colossus. Does the Buffalo add anything besides cargo space?

Sseth is the hero that gaming needs.

>find probe
>gives me the direction of a ship
yesyesyesye-
>cryosleeper
>worlds around it: volcanic world, toxic world, irradiated bombared toxic volcanic rocky unstable shat on world
kill me

i hope this game gets pvp multiplayer just so all of you can shut the fuck up

Is that an interstellar reference?

why is NGO not uploaded to nexus or any other mod site yet?

>pvp multiplayer
nothing would kill this game faster
t. total war player

there's absolutely nothing worse than multiplayerfags because they will bitch and moan that their favourite ship and faction isn't good compared to others, and the dev will have to accommodate to them, and as such will destroy what makes this game fun

no
but it's even worse
>there's actually a survey ship here
>scavenge it
>it's a survey for some random middle of bumfuck nowhere planet
kill me x2

Because Ahne is a hack.

>multiplayer comes out
>Yea Forumss own sector
>Be new guy and try to make my own way in the sector
>half of the region is controlled by a discord who have dedicated autism team on 24/7 to make sure their empire is stable
>other half is just shitposters raiding the autists trade routes and dabbing on them time to time eventually spawning a new empire that is hidden and they keep patrols out killing the autism scout parties looking for them
>eventually they get found and get shit kicked in
>Proceed to make a new base and repeat

Never thought I'd need this so much in my life.

Yeah, just look at the salt mines from the Fleet Building Tournaments, it would be an order of magnitude worse.
The complains about the AI of the escort ships would never ever end.

Do bounty hunters go after my character when turning in AI cores or is that just the reward money for turning them in? The game confuses me about this

How are you supposed to gain reputation with factions? I keep going to bars on their stations but they either have no missions at all or they're for another faction.

Am I supposed to get all the big ships I can?
They eat so much supplies I just salvage them instead.

Try doing named bounties, system bounties, or delivering good to system where there is a pirate activity (check their market info to see the shortages)

depends on your playstyle and if you can support them. they are end game material for when you want to start bullying all factions

alright, ty

mothball the ones you want and chuck them into storage. Stockpile a large amount of supplies before transitioning, a bad engagement or two can devour resources.

Already exists but everyone is a dumbfuck so no one would play it.

Attached: dreamcast armada.jpg (266x266, 28K)

>No Sylphon

alright u shills i bought your stupid game.

should i go in vanilla for first time playthrough or should i get some essential mods?

vanilla

kek this actually sounds fucking gold
reminds me of the Yea Forums freespace 2 server

enjoy being bored as shit. worst game ever meme'd me into.

FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFF

Attached: fug.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

What are some essential mods which don't change the vanilla feel of the game too much? I saw someone post a list yesterday, it had underworld, some sort of weapons pack and one or two others.

How do you guys manage the actual combat part of the game? It's so hard to see how your orders actually affect what friendlies want to do or if there's any kind of priority for certain orders etc. so best I can do is tell everyone to guard a square and it seems to work somehow.

Link to yarr harr fiddle dee dee the latest version?

easy
i don't ever order anyone to do anything

>Luddic Path, Independent & Pirates 3-Way
>Maximum Comfy
You better believe it brother

Attached: screenshot035.png (1920x1080, 471K)

So I'm done with my first vanilla playthrough, what mods do you guys suggest I install for my next one?

anyone?

>"Hey deliver food to the lewd path"
>Go there
>Every single fucking fleet you can name is just camping the planet

Attached: 4343.png (300x250, 33K)

It absorbs flux from nearby sylphon ally ships, then emits a huge lightning bolt that cripple ships.

I like the hunterkiller better, big speed with safety override and can tank many ships simulataneous while rest of my fleet lights them up

Attached: shields.jpg (1666x998, 474K)

underworld

That's probably what the AI does. Leads to losses that could have been avoided. Also if you're in a heavy ship they might just fuck off and leave you in a 1v10 situation. I thought it's better to try stay in a tight bunch and since the instigator doesn't even get a timer or anything the AI must attack.

After looking at the faction mods I was thinking to get Junk Pirates, Underworld, Blackrock, Diable, Shadowyards and SCY.
Is it too much? Are any of those bad or unbalanced?

What am I supposed to do after the tutorial? I can't really afford the fuel and supplies to get to places with bounties, and besides I get bodied in every single battle anyways. There's no dialogue options to anyone I talk to, and the people at the bar just give me missions that are way too far away to actually do. What am I missing here?

A brain

pick up a commission and go explore shit.

How do I git gud?
I have no idea how combat exactly works, I keep finding that I run out of supplies and fuel quickly and I can never seem to do a mission because it's way too far or I run out of time.

>space magic

have sex (with [REDACTED]), humancels

Attached: 7C44119E-F930-4B4E-88CB-F9EBAED41F80.png (316x324, 173K)

>spies enter the discord and see literally fucking roles given to people for duties and what they need to do
>They would have actual discord meetings dsicusing expansion plans and ways to beat those pesky shitposters
>meanwhile the shitposters just disrupting trade routes, going dark and selling da Kush to black market in the autist worlds
This needs to happen.

If you want to arrive first in a big fat ship, then in the "tactics map" click on your fast ships and right click on your slow ships so they act as escorts instead of YOLOing into the enemy fleet's entire torpedo fleet.

>shitposters using all of that kush money to build Jihad missile freighters to crash into the discord's million-cred high-tech star fortresses

you
I like you

Time for fun
Wish I had the blueprint though

Attached: sing.jpg (1591x895, 505K)

how do I locate pase of jihadniggers supplying terrorists in my colonies?
I'm getting real tired of their shit

Shadowyards can be a bit too strong but it wouldn't call it OP, real OP factions are like Sylphon or Dassualt Milkoyon

base*

>shitposters sneak into the discord and post videos of multiple missile freight fleets in uncertain parts of hyperspace, complete with nasheeds and speeches, to make fear and uncertainty grow like weeds
>eventually shitposters declare a full jihad on the discord empire and saturation bomb every single one of their colonies, bankrupting themselves in the process but destroying the empire except for a single planet so they can grow again, only to do it all over again

go to your base’s bar, see if you have te option to talk to a pather

at this rate who is more autistic?

Both user
that was the answer all along

Should I hock the synchotron core I found if I'm no way near colonising yet or just keep it?

jesus fuck I’m retarded
meant for

>Sneak into their discord and become one of them eventually earning your own colony and start funding the jihads
>Tell them everything from good trade routes to raid and get them to target your rivals
>End up the richest and start growing more powerful
>Continue giving Jihads more resources while you continue to benefit of their actions on rival trade

based

me just started playing the game:
>fuck this bullshit ai always pinpoint accuracy with their shields

me now:
>ARMOR UP AND RAM THEM! MORE DAKKA OVERLOAD THEIR SHIELDS! CREW IS EXPENDABLE!

What do you guys find to be more fun, a carrier specialization or a combat one?

Ramming specialization.

>Dassualt Milkoyon
What exactly is OP about them? As far as I saw their ships are pretty good high tech type but nothing especially broken about them.

>been raiding same fucking pirate moon for months now for easy money
>get to beat up pirate convoys too
I could easily invade the moon too. Is it worth it at all or should I build my own colony from scratch?

i like playing the grand admiral so carrier seems more fitting
then again, playing with a carrier is kinda boring since all you do is watch your ships torpedo shit

Carrier
>Lock target
>Order engage
>Wait (or use system if astral)
>Repeat
At least on gun boat you have to aim, position and manage flux.

>CREW IS EXPENDABLE!
That's the spirit

only gave me pirate base but still, better than nothing

Combat, with a large portion of my fleet being carrier.
>being the wall between your carrier support and the enemy fleet with a few of your bros
>getting waves of support coming in and out, tanking with shields to allow for minimal fighter casualties
>fighters swarming the smaller enemy ships and getting them out of the way almost immediately
>mfw flux overloading an enemy ship just as a wave of bombers is coming in

Attached: 1536600240370.jpg (960x951, 57K)

>the way you slowly stop hearing sounds when you activate fortress shield
fucking kino holy shit

Do you guys recommend Nexerlin?

yes

Is it just better than vanilla? I'm trying to look at its features, but the wiki seems to last have been updated in 2017.

Well their ships have no real weakness and are all above average.
Also most of the weapons they introduced that the bladebreakers use are really OP so once you start using them balance goes out the window

you can raid it until it decivilize then settle

Lads I have Nexerellin, a fleet and 250 marines. What place should I conquer for my home?

Attached: 1564973770460.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Can we get a list of recommended vanilla+ mods?

Underworld, Nexerlin, what else?

Jangala

Blackrock driveyards, imperiumi, all the libs

Disassemble Reassemble is a pretty good ship pack too.

i've been playing for one day now, when is a good time to start installing mods? I feel like i haven't scratched the surface of vanilla, but the mods are very tempting as i love lots of content

Attached: 1561800408472.jpg (240x280, 40K)

How do I disable getting 14k a month and relations with hegemony?
I want a blank slate start.

Attached: Dabi.png (1044x1440, 705K)

ship/weapon pack for that International Bounty Board

What freighters should I buy?

It'd be good if they let you make custom starts like Rimworld.

it's scarier and rewarding

There are a handful of custom starts in Nexerelin, including the Spacer Start where you actually have debt to repay instead.

is there a downside to estabilishing my colony in unexplored systems?
I want a base for my gunrunning and drug trafficking operations

"enableStipend":false,
also spacer start is starting with unarmed shuttle and increasing debt paymentys

Attached: spacer start how to.png (471x199, 22K)

no, unless to far to trade
quite opposite if you put colony in somebody space they can get pissed
pic related

Attached: Just spacer and child support.png (1437x765, 430K)

When is Alex going to get off his ass and put this game on a real engine?
I'm not buying it until that happens.

The level of ignorance in this post is off the charts.

any tips for a system with a terran planet? only one I found belonged to space islam and they buy my drugs

are they have planet or permanent space station or here or its just random spawned ones?
starting explored system or you found something in unexplored one?

>t. minecraft baby

Anything else I need for a first modded run ?

Attached: hlfZEqZ6vw.png (480x240, 31K)

MOAR FACTIONS

Do named bounties ever get weaker? Went for some guy with a 290k bounty got my fleet wiped. The only new bounties are in the 250k- 300k range and theres no way im doing that shit with a wayfarer and kite.

Here's the crack for the latest version
Download the game installer from the official website and put the file inside this zip on your starsector-core folder. Replace.
files.catbox.moe/hwog35.zip
Enjoy your free game ;^)

They should scale to your level I think, usually theirs 50-75k ones around.

I'm only getting risky dolphin photos

Put the risky photo inside the game's starsector-core folder to make the gamedev jew mad.

Active gates
Combat analytics
Combat Chatter
ZZ audioplus¨
ZZ music plus
Unknown skies

Character level or what youve got as a fleet level?

what happens if i dont crack my starsector copy? i used sseths cdkey

Attached: 1559518277429.png (126x132, 38K)

Nothing, I think.
It's for people who don't have a CD key.

Character level but their is a large degree of randomness to enemy fleets.

it's a free trial
next update is making the key invalid
if you used that key it installs spyware so they will hack your bank accounts and tank the money by force if you don't pay
Buy their game if you like it :)

Assign frigates to destroyers, assign small carriers to big ones, assign a few destroyer+frigate teams to cap points, drive everything else right up the middle.

more factions!

Attached: mods.jpg (590x516, 84K)

It'll be blacklisted when the next update comes out, so you have till then.

nothing
what could possibly happen?

>vayra's sector
>random sector gen
>custom scenario: derelict empire
>major factions start with one planet each
>commie minor faction starts with five goddamn planets
>all five have constant food shortages

Attached: 1501260302.jpg (1024x768, 74K)