Who /Doompilled/ here?

Who /Doompilled/ here?

Attached: he is in.jpg (1394x668, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EeRZs6j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

b-but there's still the rule that says "no characters whose creator's name rhymes with Bohn Barmack"!!!

Joker's "realistic firearms" are toys though, they just look real

The ESRB and suits don't give a fuck

Doomguy's guns are literal toys.

Attached: EC40A4B8-9376-437D-8F2E-A7C9AE973A3B.jpg (4000x2222, 1.81M)

>Marty hesitating
Both men were tired and I guarantee you could probably find similar "hesitation" in the interview for pretty much anything
>Sakurai's comment
Sakurai loves video games and understands history
What a shocker
>More surprises for Nintendo fans
Could've easily meant the recent ports
Its Pete Hines of course he'd think that'd be hype inducing
>"Oh yeah"
Could've been Bethesda/Hines approaching Nintendo and them saying no or not even bothering to answer. Also the interviewer asked if Pete Hines specifically talked to Nintendo about it and he said those conversations don't necessarily happen with him.
>Hugo turning his head quickly
Could've just been him waiting for Marty to finish
>Marty clasping his cheeks after finishing
He does that numerous times throughout the interview
He just does it to prepare for the next question
>Mick Gordon not specifying the Heavy Metal Choir to be Doom Eternal but Doom related still
A vlog from one of the performers indicates that at the very least, she thinks it was for Eternal
And while the pitch was done in January (the same month Grant Kirkhope was contacted) it doesn't line up with Sakurai's comment that Grant was the first western composer he's worked with unless he also means he worked with Gordon at the same time.

I want Doomguy in but don't get cocky
Stay reasonable
Stay rational

Attached: 1546647764181.png (884x768, 939K)

JANNY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>he

Attached: Doomgirl.png (576x300, 6K)

Oh yes cause the BIG FUCKING GUN is a real firearm too

So if you showed his guns to a parent who's buying the game for their kid, would they know they're fake? Because that's what matters to the publishers. At this point adding some slightly more realistic guns isn't going to matter much.
As far as I know the only real case against Doomguy is that he's less popular in Japan as compared to America.

Joker's gun isn't a real gun

Kek

based rational otisposter

doom has been through enough autism, why would you want to hurt it more by putting it in the autist endgame of smash, put one of those touhous or something in instead, it would at least make more sense

I dunno. After the recent interview where they blurt our Smash, I’m kinda losing hope, because it would be really cool to see a true FPS rep, who pioneered and revolutionized the genre in the biggest game celebration with other big names.
After NDA being “questionably broken” a couple of times, I don’t know. I finally got Ridley, K.Rool, and Pac Man, so why am I staying behind still to see if other characters make it in, like Banjo-Kazooie and Doomguy?

Attached: ADA1A264-4562-45EB-BEDF-5181932006D9.gif (400x225, 2.89M)

I didn't know that the BFG was the only gun in doom

It should be

Fucking this
Brutalbabbies and people who got into Doom through comic memes are bad enough. Do you really want to add fucking SMASHFAGS into the cancer stew?

The only reason I think it's possible is because they really shilled the Switch ports of the Doom trilogy even though it was released on most platforms.

It’s an unlikely scenario, so the ports were probably that “big surprise” Pete Hines mentioned

How so?

>Doomguy is a badass who rips demons in half with his bare hands
>In Smash he's a pussy ranged spammer
Fuck that.

if, in the rare event it does happen, you'd at least know what to expect, considering what's happened to other characters getting in
you'll get smelly smash secondaries who've never played the series spewing surface level memes and overall being obnoxious while reposting epic fanart of leedgy gore character doing silly things with the funny cartoon people

>imagine being salty at a crossover

Realistic firearms is stupid to begin with because bayonetas already look realistic, just very ornate on top of that.

Doomguy has a super shitty melee attack in every game he's in. He's ultimately reliant on firearms to do damage.
The chainsaw is ok, but not really reliable.
Now Doom slayer on the other hand rips demons in half, but he's a different guy.

Even in 16 the vast majority of kills are done with guns.

>he’s a different guy

,:/

Kill yourself discord nigger

People really in this thread acting like Doom is some ultra obscure series that people that are interested in the most popular fighting game franchise of all time aren't going to be familiar with, and Doomguy getting into Smash is going to be some big watershed moment for an underrated and underexposed series that people that were only really into early 90s PC gaming were familiar with, as if Doom wasn't already famous for being ported to or running on everything and that we aren't having this conversation simply because he's such a betting favorite.

Attached: 1505355025401.jpg (720x1038, 293K)

Kill yourself you fucking dumb faggot.

not you. you're a smashfag secondary who has never played a doom game in your life. you've just latched on to doomguy because you want to win arguments with other rosterfags on the internet, just like you latched on to banjo, erdrick, etc. in the past.

Attached: 1526748820661.jpg (634x1034, 215K)

>still posting this after getting it deleted over and over again
When will you get the hint?

>the most popular fighting game franchise of all time
yeah, i'm sure street fighter fans have heard of doom. what does that have to do with smash, though?

smashfags complaining about repetitive spam is peak hypocrisy.

No need to post a photo of yourself.

>no western characters

Dark Samus was before Banjo

Dark Samus is still owned by Nintendo, Banjo is the first fully western third party

This image makes no fucking sense.

Ignoring the fact that Glory Kills and Berserk orbs are a thing, I would much rather his skillset be based around decking people with a powersuited gauntlet, rather than encouraging ranged cancer play like the Belmonts/Ness.

as has been stated, doom has attracted enough autistic children this decade with brutal doom's popularity and the release of the newer games, I simply don't want to have to be lumped in with smashfags too, is that too hard to understand?

>NOOOOOO STOP GETTING INTO MY FAVORITE SERIES WITH A DIFFERENT INTRODUCTION STOP ASKING FOR A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME CROSSOVER

Attached: CBE259FB-718A-4D2A-A1BF-D2B8BD49E0FC.png (1080x1020, 475K)

Obsessed.

The dude from Skyrim is getting in.

Its trying to argue that arguments against Doomguy's inclusion are now bunk with the last door being "evidence" for his inclusion as DLC

It's the same fucking person
But even in 16 his melee attack is shitty if he doesn't soften the enemy up first

>No Western Characters

Diddy Kong was in Brawl, you know.

anyone have the edit with Ridley stabbing death

Shouldn't ridley supposed to be "Too big" or "Size problem"?

>literally ejects casings
>toy

It means characters owned by westerners

>smash player uses a soijak against someone
ironic

The "muh made up rules" autists could still pull the "well he's owned by a Japanese company" card.

If Doomguy makes it into smash then I'm going to be a nintenfag for life.

t. owns no nintendo product

Me. They probably gonna wait till doom eternal about to drop and announce doom guy to hype if if i would have to guess.

What he's most likely talking about is that in the narrative of p5 none of the weapons are real, they're just plastic replicas from a /k/ fag, and they only become real in the metaverse because they look so real.

Would they announce him around Eternal or release him before it?

I mean, they did announce corrin before fates released in the US, as also with Hero and DQ11’s Switch edition

>doom guy DLC announced on Doom Eternal release

Attached: 1540675656416.jpg (414x528, 41K)

>Still no Crash in Eternal or QC

No, the basically keep being fake, they make their enemies think the guns are real which make then believe they are shot by the guns.

Nigga he’s an FPS character what do you expect?

The only cancer here is you

Bayonetta has real guns and snake has a bazooka and granades so ye

Literally who gives a shit about the "in-lore" of this.
It's literally a real gun for all purposes ratings are made

>but he's a different guy.
Because you can't merge Solid and Naked Snake.

I don't get it can you explain?

Banjo is out in Fall
Last two DLC are likely gonna be released in December and February

Bayonetta has magical guns smashtard, literally powers then with magic too, also Snake just uses a bunch of explosive weapons in unrealistic ways because the same Sakurai said no fire arms

Doom guy with the berzerk powerup punched imps into jibs. Picking it up lasts the test of the level. Kills faster than the chainsaw

>His representation is mostly just Eternal stuff instead of a mix of every Doom game, chosing elements in more interesting ways

>magical guns so it doesnt count
Gr8 b8

The chainsaw in Doom 3 was OP as fuck. Literally went through most of the game with it since its so fucking good.

>cartoony as fuck design
>doesn't shoot proper bulltets or needs ammo
>powers then with magic

>it's a realistic fire arm

I mean for character reveals

>also Snake just uses a bunch of explosive weapons in unrealistic ways because the same Sakurai said no fire arms
in 2008*

And guess what, he still uses the same moveset, with even less explosives as he had in brawl.

Stop replying to me idiot she has two giant pistols that she kills things with and its not different than dante in dmc

yea and most characters retain most of their moveset throughout the series, what about it

>doesn't shoot proper bulltets or needs ammo

In the first game although it wasn't a bullet she loaded in(was a lipstick), still showed her loading it in so yeah it can use actual ammo if she needed to.

Dante's guns while they look realistic are powered by his devil energy and doesn't use ammo so more or less same shit as bayonetta, play the games and get the lore of the weapons before trying to debate about what pass as a realistic gun or not

So she used lipstick, by default that means she is using bullets now.

Youre average soccer mom has no fuckin clue what a "realistic firearm looks like" you fuckin sperg but they know a gun when they see it.

You guys are retarded. Every one of those charcters are from games that have roots on nintendo.

I don't want Doom Guy because only autistic losers who play games on a workstation care about him.
Put Tifa in the game instead

Shut the fuck up. Fuck you god damn fuck you shut up

If Doomguy gets in, who do you think will seethe the most:
Boomers, because they’ll have Doom 2016 as a default outfit and have music from the modern games mixed in with the old.
OR
Zoomers, because he’s from “grandpa’s old DOS computer” and not a recent and shill character?

Doom 64. Doom was on super nintendo. And know we have 4 doom games on switch

The problem isn't soccer moms, is actually getting the ok from ESRB when it comes to portraying guns in smash since smash is a game rated for all ages.

>Bayonetta 1 DIDNT start out on PC, PS3 and Xbox

Its E10+. 10 year olds can watch doom buy disembowel riddly

Every single Doom game is on a Nintendo platform. Nintendo even has an exclusive one with Doom 64.

>who do you think will seethe the most
1st party Nintendo purists that hate any kind of violent vidya

Attached: hmm.png (441x484, 229K)

I envision Doomguy playing as a character who has a lot of projectiles, but is actually a very bad zoner. Your goal with him is probably going to be to get up close to use your guns effectively. Think of how fast paced Doom tends to be. How often are you far, far away from your enemies? Even with the strongest guns in the game, you're always up close and personal. That's Doomguy.

Sakurai tends to prioritize "most iconic" appearance when characters have multiple visual identities. See how Simon is mostly his buff barbarian looking fucker and Richter is the classic Rondo short hair bandana with minor elements from other incarnations in his clothes. Likewise Cloud is his FF7 appearance with Advent Children as an alternative option.

I genuinely think Doomguy's default will be derived from his Doom 1/2/64/Quake 3 version with 2016's as an alternative option.

But bayo 2 is literally only on nintendo and did several nintendo collaborations.

Those are all ports. Not roots.

most boomers will be mad because they'd probably look to the newer games for move ideas
zoomers are half-and-half, some will be mad because "dude that game is ancient," some will be happy because they only played the new games and want to see the epic gun guy get in
weebs won't like it because it's violent and taking up a spot for their precious shmup waifu

all in all, it's a bad idea

And I can’t fucking wait

>they don't know about the diva

Attached: 1554483614691.jpg (1471x2000, 995K)

It's literally just called a fucking gun in smash.

Bringing up Smash isn't breaking NDA. Confirming his inclusion is breaking NDA.

Doom 64

it's a fucking gun, no bullshit lore is gonna change that.

yknow realistic doesn't mean real?

fuck off.

Sonic didn't have "roots" with Nintendo either fucktard. He literally was created as direct competition.
Stop Patternfagging

You generally want to be a pretty good distance from most tougher monsters though. You need some space to weave around a cyberdemon's rocket barrage, not to mention enemies with strong melee attacks like the Baron of Hell. Most combat in this sense takes place at medium range.

You could think of Doomguy as having
>strong but slow-firing long range projectiles(rocket launcher, gauss cannon)
>medium range harassment/chipping stuff(chain gun, heavy assault rifle in '16, that fucking pistol)
>short range blast(super shotgun) with enough distance to dissuade a rushdown character from charging into his face
>most melee attacks have reliable knockback to keep someone like Joker from just weaving into his face

It could fit his intimidating persona without necessarily compromising the fact that he is a shooter genre character and it would be inappropriate for him to not be shooting things.

out of all the characters you pick fucking Tifa who works better as a mii costume at this point

Stop posting these and keep them on smashboards faggot

>doom 64
>port

>Looks like a gun
>Shoots like a gun
>Kills things like a gun

It's a gun

Negro...Did you just say Doom 64 was a port?

Tifa is better than Doom guy because she has cute feet, and she wears thick woolen socks that make her feet sweaty and stinky

>Those are all ports
>Doom 64
>port

I want to bitch slap you so badly right now.

Attached: 1389024965425.jpg (440x498, 100K)

Attached: FC2BF1ED-C335-4E1A-81BB-CD626F5A7DAE.jpg (1007x907, 95K)

What Nintendo platform had an official release of Doom 3?

Not so fast Doomies

Attached: dragonborn.jpg (600x400, 33K)

i really really hope he gets in

The Switch, you dork.

On one hand
>People want Doomguy more
>Bethesda would want to promote Eternal
>Doomguy isnt a generic avatar like Dovahkiin
On the other hand
>Nips actually know what Skyrim is
>Todd would want to port Skyrim into Smash
>Elder Scrolls is Bethesda's baby

Also hearing Kirby say FUS RO DAH

Doom has a pretty dedicated if modest Japanese WAD scene.
Beyond that, Dark Samus and DQ8 Hero were explicitly included for the western audience. Smash is an international phenom, it doesn't have to just be "what does Japan want"

i think the only other console port was the horribly cut down xbox port oh wait never mind BFG edition though that was gimped in its own ways

I hadn't heard. Guess I can't get a decent read on news around here amidst all the shitposting.
Explains why people are hyping up doom in smash

Then its best for them to announce the last two together for these reasons
>It avoids setting up a "best for last" climax that they obviously won't deliver since it'd be in their best interest to get people to buy the pass early
>It curbs leakers
>If Doomguy is in one of the fighters then announcing a character Nips have attachment to might lessen the confusion

FULL NAME JONATHAN
CHECKMATE

I honestly think he has a legit good chance.

Berserk orbs are limited and you can only glory kill after making them basically dead with gunfire.

Doomguy only kills demons because they killed his pet rabbit.

Nigga once they're in Mementos it's a real gun.

you sound like a faggot

he's not

they do shoot bullets

If Bowser Jr. can use spinning blades and Corrin can use a chainsaw sword then Doomguy can use a chainsaw.

>he doesn't know

fuck off

I'm fairly sure bayo guns still spit bits of metal, it's just magically conjured metal propeled with magic.

I honestly think it's the most likely choice.

While technically true, when he is using it in the cognitive world it is a fucking gun

So it's just not me.

I fucking wish

Attached: doomposting.jpg (480x498, 50K)

Little Mac is way more irrelevant in Japan than Ridley is. Ridley wasn't supposed to get in because 2big.

>"i'm cool because i don't enjoy anything haha right guys"

pathetic

Why the fuck do you idiots think Doomguy would make it in? He has 0 Japanese appeal and has absolutely no moveset potential.
And no, you cannot have a character whose entire moveset is just shooting his gun.
Never ever, you faggots.

>The fucking FPS character shouldn't use his weapons because some fag on Yea Forums can't handle zoning
Fuck you, you're not going to ruin this character for me.

Neck yourself

Attached: Doom 64.png (1114x624, 243K)

>Every one of those charcters are from games that have roots on nintendo.
>Joker's game is playstation exclusive

Attached: Uhhh yeah.gif (379x387, 133K)

It's going to be a Battletoad or Dante, maybe next time

>Dante
He's already deconfirmed

ESRB doesnt give a fuck about game logic. Looks like a gun, its a gun

So game awards then

>dante
lol no

smash bros get in here'
discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo2.jpg (900x900, 260K)

Game Awards happens in December and that'd be the perfect date for the second to last character to come out
I'd say announce both in October or November and have TGA announce a different game

Considering Doom Eternal is releasing in November I'd say he's a likely lock.

My own take on a potential moveset.
graphic_design_is_my passion.jpg

Attached: doomguysmash.png (1366x1536, 1.72M)

>he's a different guy.
nope

>Marty hesitating before saying "Super Smash Brothers"

Sauce?

The only reasons I don't want Doomguy in Smash are because Bethesda own the IP now, and NuDoom was unironically trash.

Well, when you put it like that, yeah, I want Tifa in.

Since everyone is posting their movesets, I'm throwing my hat in the ring

Attached: DG-Moveset1.png (800x600, 428K)

Attached: DG-Moveset2.png (800x600, 390K)

The original Doom's art for the guns was based on literal toys so fuck off.

>muh glory kills
Nudoom babies don't even know how to play their own game.

leaker here. the last slots are Doomguy and Duke Nukem

He's the grandfather of FPS. Sure FPS games might not really standout in japan but it's history. Dragon Quest Hero in Japan is more than just an RPG hero, he's THE rpg hero. Doom Guy/Slayer is OUR the USA's FPS hero. Sakurai respects John and Vidya history. If any character deserves a spot it should go to a character with history

First of all, Wolfenstein is the grandfather of FPS.
Second, why the fuck does Smash even need an FPS rep.
Thirdly, it doesn't change the fact that Doomguy has 0 influence in Japan. He's a huge literal who, and they will not want this overly violent gorefest faceless family unfriendly shooter marine be represented in their children's game.
The only Bethesda rep that even has an ounce of a chance would be Dovahkiin. Wake the fuck up you delusional doomfags.

So why do you dislike Doomguy.
No, stop, don't tell me why he can't make it in, we have a fucking potted plant, I don't care about any argument you wanna make on that end.
I wanna know what reason someone has to be adamantly against Doomguy being ONE character in a roster of over 70 unique, lovely video game characters. Genuinely confuses and therefore interests me.

Attached: file.png (324x322, 173K)

I'd be happy with either really, but Doomguy without a chainsaw or any gore at all would be kinda weak.

Attached: Cap.png (800x750, 403K)

NO STOP MAKE US THINK

It'd be a sick reference to Quake if he could bhop/strafejump somehow

He's the worst kept secret at this point. I'm more interested in the other character. I hope it's not Lloyd.

Duke Nukem was on the Genesis but never on the SNES, so really, I think he would never be in.

Nah Rare already has a representative. Dante wouldn't even come close to be Capcoms first choice.

Because he's not my waifu! R-Reimu is definitely going to make it in...YOU'LL SEE!

Chainsaw would be still possible. It could be his pummel

>Chainsaw would be still possible
No, are you fucking stupid?

Fabulate, fucking final fantasy faggot

Rent free.

Attached: 1537669263248.png (223x293, 61K)

Why not? You do know that it wouldn't have gore right?

It's called the DLC workaround. Because the DLC's aren't a part of the main game they won't affect its rating, meaning they can be a lot more liberal with the DLC characters. Probably why Joker was able to have a gun.

Nintendo would never EVER allude to the use of a fucking chainsaw to cause harm. That is way too much for Nintendo to even think of including in this game. Yeah, Mario getting chainsawed by fucking Doomguy, what a pretty picture to paint.

This. Final fmash should be the Berserker pack.

It looks like a gun, sounds like a gun, fires like a gun, and is called gun.
It is a gun.

Mario can already get chainsaw'd by Corrin though

Well you look like a fag, sound like a fag, write like a fag and suck cocks like a fag.
You are a faggot.

except that ebony and ivory literally are regular guns created by a normal jewish gunsmith. Dante just powers them up a bit with demon magic. Same with Coyote and the grenade launcher in 1

Doomguy doesn't have to be in the way of your waifu, I seriously hope this isn't actually anyone's reason but I bet it is

>they will not want this overly violent gorefest faceless family unfriendly shooter marine be represented in their children's game
>but they do want the domme, angel slaying, horny witch represented in their children's game

Mario literally gets stabbed in the fucking heart in Ridley's trailer moron. Stop thinking this is the same Nintendo from the 90s.

Villager can use an axe against people, your point is stupid.

It doesn't matter if it has gore or not. In some countries Gears of War doesn't have blood but the chainsaw being in there alone sitll pushes it to an M/18 rating in the country.

Congratulations, you found the difference between America and Japan.

Fucking this. If the guy was under NDA he wouldn't have talked about Smash out of nowhere like that. Doomguy supporters are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Attached: unlikely-characters.png (1000x1000, 63K)

the recent ports were released on other platforms too though

It make be a fake gun but it's still a realistic looking gun, which is kinda the point in P5, and it's not like smash tries to explain that it's fake, they just straight up call it a gun

I want to believe

>They just look real, sound real, and shoot real bullets because of cognition

Attached: 1469207208681.png (283x268, 72K)

Isn't DLC not even rated by the ESRB

I don't think so.

It's going to be Dovahkiin as that's the Betheda rep that'd set the entire world on fire and you even get species/races as alts.

bro shes actually 3000 years old its cool.

There's a chainsaw in game already.

Rational observations. Don't hype yourself up so damn hard guys you'll just be irrationally upset when your wishes don't come true.

Attached: EA6eZ7uWwAAS8Qk.jpg (1833x1723, 325K)

I spent too much time on cleaning this for no other reason besides autism.

Attached: doompilled.png (1019x562, 814K)

Will doomfags experience the same disappointment as grinchfags?
How will they recover?

Great improvement.

Thanks.

Just like Grinchfags, they're gonna start saying they never believed he was coming and then move to another character that "will get in for sure".

I made one of my own

Attached: Doomguy.jpg (1400x1100, 304K)

He was leaked months ago

Attached: Smashleak.png (1026x1000, 424K)

>Fires rocket at ~75 degrees
Why? That's idiotic to have him pointing almost straight up. I get you can adjust it, but why is that the default?

It's not meant for shooting people on the same level, he's got Plasma and Shotguns for that. It's more suited for offensive anti-air alongside the more defensive up-air. It can also secure kills on enemies above you similar to Megaman or Pikachu/Pichu.

I seriously doubt it will happen but it would be cool.

no fucking way

Literally rent free

Nobody but japs and megaweebs would get angry about Doomguy's inclusion. Well them and the standard "but it's not MY character"fags

>Observing a mans mannerisms and body language to determine a character in a video game
You are all mentally ill