youtube.com/watch?v=3YKicBAMlBk
youtube.com/watch?v=mYs_gUs35eM
en.uesp.net/wiki/General:Differences_Between_Morrowind,_Oblivion,_and_Skyrim
youtube.com/watch?v=wHL7zyLsQ2k
youtube.com/watch?v=dZzhEPO9xmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you talk pretty deeply for someone obviously doing a sheev impression

IIRC Wes Johnson's a natural Bass.

i felt bad when the thing happened to this guy.

Attached: 1564710148657.jpg (900x626, 162K)

Oblivion guilds were fucking kino. How did skyrim's ones ended up so shit ?

Not just the guilds, there are so many side quests that were amazing and well thought out.
Like there's that one quest where you help a relic collector and he sends you off to fetch a plate, but that dude hired another guy that introduces himself and buys you a drink as well. He wants to ambush you but you can persuade one of his lackeys to no longer fight for him if you notice the 3 random NPCs in armor around the ruins. And even then if you don't and you get ambushed, you can just give the guy the plate to avoid battle and just pickpocket it back and hand it in even if the quest log says you don't have it anymore and you should still head back. Your rival isn't even mad about it, he's even impressed with you and praises you the next time you meet him and he's torally chill with the guy just dying at the end of it all if you choose to give the wrong crown and I just really ended up liking the dude.
Oblivion had a ton of things you could do that wasn't mentioned in the quest log and the game allows you to do things differently. Also a lot of the NPCs were just great and memorable. In Skyrim you always have to do things like the quest log says and you can barely get creative, the NPCs are also just predictable and boring. I can't believe the same writer worked on Skyrim as well.

They had to spend most of the time fixing Oblivions horrid scaling.

He carried Oblivion. Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine were 80% him and his various voices.

At least oblivion added new enemies as you leveled up, skyrim just gives the draugr and bandits different names and more health.

Oblivion did the exact same shit. You literally had random bandits and marauders accosting you for pocket change despite wearing glass and daedric armour after you had levels up for a bit.

>when he *teleports behind you* after you kill Ungolim
Easily the best moment in the Dark Brotherhood questline.
BY SITHIS, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

>that one quest where you try to help a guy in debt and end up trapped in a ruin on an island and are hunted for sport.

fuck you, you shifty cunt, i killed the gray prince in fair combat in the arena, fuck off does that count as murder

Attached: 22ujza.jpg (196x239, 8K)

Goblins always fucked my shit up. Fuck level scaling

Yes but he's saying you also got new enemy types to fight to spice it up, like the Dreghs.

Tempted to play oblivion, but the level scaling has really been turning me off. how bad is it?

Its annoying at times but not really gamebreaking. You can mod it out anyways if you want.

Stay out of goblin caves at high levels. They are the worst offenders for some reason. They have a shit ton of HP and there are a lot of them.

Thieves and Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim were fine. The former being actually better than in Oblivion, imo.
I do agree that the rest were pretty bad. The companions have nothing memorable to them and the Mage guild had no clear storyline or resolution. Things just sorta happened until you end up the archmage somehow.

>MUH LEVEL SCALLING!!!

It really isnt that bad as long as you make a class that doesnt fuck themselves up with useless attribute increases. On the other side though, it is Oblivion so you should have the difficulty slider down halfway anyway, it never struck me as a serious game but a peaceful romp through a quaint countryside and amateur play-script tier dialogue/delivery.

The major problem with Oblivion's level scaling is that it's too easy to level up your non-combat skills such as acrobatics or even armor, meaning you don't grow in power but enemies will. There are various mods to tweak the system if you want.

wasn't there a farm where the old ones were coming up from the depths through their mine?

ugh...?

Attached: nae74nm49ou21.jpg (500x498, 42K)

Mod it out. There's no reason not to.
The game is playable as long as you don't realise the level scaling is happening, but you already know so it will be awful from the beginning.

Wait, you can pickpocket it back off of him and get new dialogue? Huh, I'll have to remember that for my next playthrough.

Lazy design but I never felt it was that big a deal.

>install realistic leveling (skyrim style) mod
>crank difficulty down
>enjoy game

Fuck no, thieves and db absolutely sucked fucking shit

TG sucked.
So you read that shitty hit piece by shamus?
Shame he lied to make his point.

>mfw that first happened

Attached: 1539462996132.jpg (245x187, 6K)

>shamus
Who's that, a youtuber?
Not the person you replied to but I disliked the thieves guild because I thought it was boring in comparison to Morrowind and Oblivions' quest lines. At least the Skyrim DB has some good moments but the Thieves Guild just wasn't fun to play.

literally who?

Not this fag but the thieves guild is garbage, and the rewards for completing it are garbage.
The only thing that guild had was the least offensive radiant quests of all the guilds.

>*record scratch*
>*freeze frame*
>You're probably wondering how I ended up like this. Well....

would any modern game be allowed to show something like this?

Attached: Lucien_Lachance_Corpse.png (1634x1048, 3.09M)

I downloaded a couple mods to fix the dogshit meme faces and combat. Anything else I should get before I start my first playthru?

Attached: 4132478128.gif (540x304, 1.99M)

It removes all sense of enjoyment you can get from character progression, exploration or quests.
What am I going to face in this dungeon? Level appropriate enemies.
What amazing treasure could I find over here? Level appropriate loot.
What's this one of kind legendary sword going to be like? Oh, it's been scaled to exactly my level.
Nothing is ever unusually powerful. Nothing is ever unusually weak. You can head any direction you want, complete any quest, explore any dungeon, and it's all going to be equally (un)challenging and equally (un)rewarding, so what's the point in any of it?
It makes an already kind of samey game world into a completely indistinguishable grey mass of boredom.

Based Ayame Poster

>tfw the only good faction in both Oblivion and Skyrim

I just wished they would add decent gamepad support to the PC version

>the least offensive radiant quests of all the guilds
This. I replayed Skyrim again a few months back, and no joke, the most fun thing about the Thieves Guild to me was doing the radiant quests. Because they LET YOU DO ACTUAL THIEVERY
Pickpocketing people and around Skyrim was great. Fuck going to a Draugr-filled Nordic ruin or a Falmer-filled Dwemer ruin to kill someone, and fuck """stealing""" treasure from an ancient ruin.

That's an obvious necessity of an open world game, what you want is a linear rpg with loot grinding mechanics so why not just play one instead? I view it as a positive that you get complete freedom of exploration, the difficulty in rpgs is completely arbitrary as it isn't skill based and just a y=-x progression.

Morrowbabbies can only have fun if they’re massively overpowered because they abused every glitch and exploit

the shopping list quest absolutely fucked me up
I felt so bad for what I'd done, especially the son that was going to get the cuirass

certainly seems like it, like is gen x just a bunch of cheat code kiddies?

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=zSAsfvqPXY4

Attached: 1556035843600.png (300x300, 44K)

No, it's the exact antithesis of an open world game, that removes all the benefits of that game type.
A choice isn't a choice if every consequence is identical. There is no exploration in Oblivion because everything you can explore is the same, no matter what dungeon you go to it will fill itself with identical level appropriate enemies and level appropriate loot.
Morrowind did this a million times better. Exploration was interesting because you didn't already know exactly what you were going to find. Sometimes you would get your arse kicked. Sometimes you would slaughter a bunch of low level bandits and rats. Sometimes you would find some stupidly powerful piece of equipment that would allow you take on far greater threats immediately. And that still would be OK because the world wasn't scaled to you, so if you got more powerful you could go seek out greater challenges. All of that possibility and freedom is the primary benefit of going open world in the first place, and Oblivion wipes it all a way by making every destination identical.

Your problem is you view exploration only as a way to exploit the game mechanics. The quests are entertaining enough and the gameplay (with mods at least) is good enough to just explore for their sake. Really you seem to just want a singelplayer MMO. Morrowind was terrible, having to backtrack or reload saves just because you went to the "wrong" place is tedious and annoying.

Boring compared to Morrowinds?
So do random shit until you play Robin Hood was good?
Too each his own.

They do seem challenge averse.

Power fantasy design is fine as long as they game doesn't lose its challenge. The moment a game isn't challenging, I get bored and quit. That's why I've never finished as TES game before.

Jesus fucking christ, imagine have this shit of taste. You must be a zoomer.

Skyrim's main problem is quantity over quality. They spent so much time emphasizing that there's an endless amount of things to do that a lot of it just blurs together in the end.

Attached: Skyrim_Oblivion Quests.jpg (1898x512, 208K)

Am I the only one that found Oblivion superior to Morrowind in most aspects? And how did Skyrim get so good at such an early game before Oblivion, as compared to Oblivion? It's true, it's true! I don't think this is a fair question. If this was what I was really, really thinking, why was no one asking me this when it was such a big question? I am not going to say you're wrong for having such an early opinion. That's understandable, and it's unfortunate. I have no more complaints in saying that I am not happy with everything in Bethesda's world just now. I'm also perfectly content with the direction they've taken in this game. Some of them, like the new story missions, seem to take the approach that you only have to do what's necessary to complete them and it doesn't really change a thing about gameplay or plot because it's just a straight continuation of the story that's been there for ten years before. There's no sense that you're really missing something.

But that's beside the point though, isn't it?

Attached: sleepless shaggy wojak lights up.png (632x852, 47K)

why do you keep samefagging this exploit bullshit?
You can do the same shit in Oblivion and Skyrim as you can in Morrowwind, so your zoomer mentality argument doesn't even make fucking sense.

I'm not samefagging

No, I view exploration as worthwhile only when there are different things to explore. Oblivion's problem is that everywhere is identical. Every dungeon and area is identical, partly just because they were designed that way to begin with, but also because they are simply procedurally filled in with level appropriate shit when you arrive at them, so there's nothing to explore. The designers couldn't put anything of interest in them because they themselves didn't even know what was going to be there, it's all done completely soullessly by an algorithm matched to your level.
The quests are all right in terms of writing, enough that you can get some enjoyment out of them for that (sometimes), but they would be so much better if they could be interesting in gameplay and rewards too. All of them that simply send you to a dungeon somewhere in the world are awful, because the dungeons and world are awful.

This reads like a neural network bot post.

In a purely mechanical sense, oblivion was nicer to play than morrowind. By that I mean the way you move around, animations, npcs moving and foliage density. All pretty good. But in terms of worldbuilding, atmosphere, and depth, it's lacking. Morrowind is a comfy book, Oblivion is a comfy movie.

Morrowindfags tout exploiting the game as a feature not a flaw.They go on about the freedom it gives the player
user points out how easy it is to exploit Morrowind and now it is" whaaa you can exploit every TES game whaaa."

Morrowindfags just can stand no critique of Morrowind can they?

How can anyone think the dark brotherhood was even close in Skyrim? They fucking butchered it. The theives guild is preference I guess. I’m guessing you haven’t actually played obviously

But user I prefer Kingdoms of Amalur, not Morrowind.

> World building,atmosphere,and depth
You forgot a few meaningless descriptors. Comfy and soul.
Art direction is also acceptable if you can't find an actual reason.

Thieves Guild in Skyrim is ridiculous and I'll hate it forever because of the recruitment quest alone. Roleplaying is thrown out the window, you can be playing the most virtuous and heroic moralfag paladin of all time and that asshole still accuses you of never earning an honest coin in your life.

That's a lie.
Fun fact
Ken Rolston came out of retirement with the intent of showing Todd Howard how things should be done. The game did so poorly it nearly bankrupted the state of Rhode Island.

So the Oblivion Dark Brotherhood questline is your suppose to find a traitor within the order and kill him but by the end it turns out you and the asshole who kept accusing everyone else to be traitors become the actual traitors all along?

Attached: 1563935142480.gif (240x180, 2.85M)

Try going in broke.He has different dialogue.

Not exactly

That is true but also fuck Riften and fuck Brynyolf

You sleep rather soundly For not owning skyrim

Attached: IMG_20170919_022325.jpg (697x698, 39K)

Riften is top tier.
The house is the best non dlc house.

He carried Morrowind.

is it just me or that main quest mission where you finally find out the hideout of mankar camoran was dope as heck? Getting in this big cave full of worshippers and then getting caught and having everyone gun it for you felt real spoopy.

Kinda like the Re4 village cutscene in a way

>He carried Morrowind.
No, Jeff Baker did. His "1000 packs of Red Mountain Cigarettes a day" Dunmer voice carried the game.

nah that shit was awesome, iirc I did it after DB so I was all eviled up hoping there would be an option to join them

That’s fucking hilarious I need to play this game

was he talking to Sithis in Skyrim, or someone else?

Morrowind isn't nearly as easy to exploit as Skyrim. Nice try zoom zoom, you haven't even played Morrowind.

I laughed hard as fuck

Anyone else do this
>start new game
>go straight to Bravil bar
>jump on the counter where there is exactly one inch above the player character
>mash jump and level until you reach rank 100
I did this every fucking time I did a new run. I never got screwed by leveling scaling either. I’m pretty sure I just super jumped over the fence in the mages guild and used then spell crafting tables to make OP spell and but it’s hard to remember
>equip chameleon armor until you are a god and no one will fight you
Literally the easiest game

Attached: 8F035EBC-3015-4BF6-86F9-9DE81B503CA8.png (360x450, 336K)

no bro I dont have the autism

Muthsera, nigga

>Good for the empire, good for everyone, ehh citizen?

The dialogue isn't specific to pickpocketing, but that's one way to get it. If Claude is alive but you delivered the plate yourself he says "You won the last round. I salute your bold spirit!" in the next quest.

>he didn’t self destroy his own armor to rank up
>he didn’t scroll dupe to get rich quick or to kill characters by drowning them in watermelons
I was so invested in a play through. I duped so much that I had surrounded either my lover or companion (I don’t remember what oblivion had) in the skingrad house basement. I couldn’t visit them without the game crashing and I somehow didn’t have any earlier saves. I also permanently ring glitched detect life onto my character so I had to deal with that stupid pink pubes on every character I talked with.

Eventually I ring glitched full invisibility and realized nobody would have see or love my character so I had him a hero and I deleted the saves.

God I miss being a teenage and having fun with games.

learn efficient leveling, the totally intendes way to play this game

Alchemy is far easier to exploit in Morrowind.
Trainers have no restriction other than "can you pay?"
How many wearable slots do you have in Morrowind compared to Skyrim? Are they all enchantable?

You asked if I played?Have you?

It's in Riften IIRC.

I wish the main quest had been about thievery too. I only felt like a thief doing radient quests.

This game single handed got me into fantasy. Such great times

Not only is alchemy easier to exploit it is far more effective in Morrowind. You can get so powerful the game will crash if you hit something.

You can kill one shot Alduin with a fork in Shitrim. Can you destroy the heart with a fork in Morrowind?

The fork of horipilation probably. I think that is the only one you can wield in Morrowind.

The heart may be script protected.The closest you would get is 2/3rds of the tribunal and I am sure you can One hit them with the fork

>Gets sent back to Cyrodiil midway through Morrowind
Why don't we see him in Oblivion?

Attached: Caius_Cosades_cara.jpg (736x778, 116K)

Too much sugar. They put him in detox center in Kvatch.

What makes Wes such a cut above most of the other Elder Scrolls VAs? I'm not trying to shit on the others or anything but Wes is just a fucking gift.

Ah, Dawnstar - the capital of The Pale, known for its rich mines and harbor.
How many houses are there, like 10? 11? Truly a breathtaking town.

Attached: 1499887302_dawnstar.jpg (900x452, 96K)

The sidequests in the shivering isles are on whole new level. I love everything about BigHead. Everything he says and the way he says it.

Obsessed.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 11.08.36 PM.png (1318x892, 434K)

OD'd on the trip back.

How did Emil write such a great questline and then everything else he's done afterwards is absolute trash? Seriously I'm amazed about how every Beth game is worst than the last in terms of writing. Fallout 4 might have the dumbest plot I've ever seen in a game.

Attached: emil.png (512x512, 321K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DNrRdwbGDZg

He lent his voice to this

Not the guy you're responding to and I agree Morrowind is super easy to exploit, but all the wearable slots doesn't make enchanting OP. Enchanting in Morrowind is limited by item capacity which depends on item quality/material and most slots have tiny ones. Maybe with a full suit of Daedric armor with a full layer of exquisite clothes underneath you could be OP through enchants alone but we're talking about a fully decked out endgame character at that point. That side of things is actually one of the better balanced parts of Morrowind.

It's all those fucking cast-on-use rings (ring of toxic cloud, anyone?) lying around the world that's OP, especially since they're practically weightless so you can hoard a ton of them without much penalty and rapid fire a whole arsenal of spells whenever you want.

You're right, that one is posted too much. Here's another majestic city, breathtaking.

Attached: Sky_Solitude.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

He isn't a full time VA.He is the PA announcer for the Capitals. When he does get the chance he goes all out unlike the full time VA who are just cashing a check.

Just the sheer volume makes it easily exploitable.
I don't remember how many it is exactly but it is a shit ton.
You don't even have to choose between armor and robes.

Is it true he was going to be Martin instead of Sean Bean?

>he refused compensation
>asked only that they consider donating to the Alzheimers Association
What a supremely swell guy.

That I don't know.

The real reason 76 bombed. It was the first Bethesda game without Wes.

I think he played Sheogorath for a lore video and asked for that too.

He did. They got Jeff Baker for Haskill as well.

>Jeff Baker
Please give him a few roles in TES6.

The only thing they gave him in Skyrim was a reprisal of Jiub.

Giving up the skeleton key and your soul in exchange for shitty armor is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen. Kys zoomer.

He was in Dragonborn, one of the Redoran leaders. Not sure which. He didn't have his gravel voice though.

Pick skills that you’ll actually use or are easy to grind you should be good. I had to rubberband and swim into a rock for a day to level up my Acrobatics. Clearly a poor choice.

kys

The more you watch it the faster it gets..

I liked the part where there was a ghoul child who had been sitting in a fridge next to the road for the last 200 years.
And then he asks you to take him to his parents' house
And then they still live at the same place in the same house 200 years later.

i started a new toon in oblivion recently, currently level 13, man there are SO many quests its crazy, and no, not that many of them are horribly filler. So far, a lot have been pretty interesting, more or less.

>What's this one of kind legendary sword going to be like? Oh, it's been scaled to exactly my level.
Some weapons don't scale to level though if I remember correctly
The umbra sword for instance

[Spoiler]don't mind me being a newfag, carry on with your dumb thread

But I do own Skyrim, I have bought it 3 different times Todd! I have it on PS3, Steam and Switch! And I am building a new PC just so I can play Starfield!

Most shoulder, arm, and leg armor has almost no capacity to speak of (we're talking 3 or 5) and most clothing items are the same. It's really robes, shirts, pants of the exquisite variety, daedric tower shields, and certain headgears (the telvanni ones) that have capacity to speak of.

Why do people prefer the shithole shack in the Imperial City, when the mansion in Anvil is clearly superior and just as cheap? I don’t get it.

[/spoiler]niggers are a disease[/spoilers]

Faggot

[Spoilers]end my life senpai, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Can you niggers throw me a bone?[spoilers]

Attached: too much b8.jpg (625x626, 63K)

*prays at chapel alter*

lol

Dark Brotherhood > Thieves Guild >>> Fighters Guild >>>>>> Mages Guild

[spoilers]Not bait I'm just retarded and everything I read and everything I try isn't working[/spoilers]

Umbra scales with the character. That’s why it’s so good. I was the only idiot who gave away Azura’s star AND picked the Masque.

ganbare

Attached: 1560860210520.gif (250x350, 1.08M)

[/spoilers]I'm a phone poster and a fag. Help me?[/spoilers]

Nothing tops Seen Any Elves.
Literally the single greatest NPC bark in a video game.

[spoilers]don't talk to me anime[spoilers]

GOOD PEOPLE OF THE IMPERIAL CITY

Lurk for 4 years before posting, faggot

Attached: 1382986392057.png (1160x870, 1.79M)

cringe

>Morrowind
Have sex.

This could've been a good comfy thread. Faggot

Attached: 600px-SI-npc-Sheogorath_Cane.jpg (600x600, 109K)

[/spoiler]I've been here longer than that famalamadingdong

>liking anything Todd had a hand in
lol u gay

I DID IT

Attached: maximum overb8.gif (625x626, 529K)

oblivion was fun as fuck but I can never get past the sewer when I try to replay it. Not because I cant just because I get tired/bored so fast

[spoilers]SEE YOU FAGS LATER! I'M OFF TO START MY Yea Forums THREAD NOW! FAREWELL[spoilers]

[spoilers]God damnit[spoilers]

niggers tongue my anus

Wasn't this a quest in Oblivion? I remember it being one you get from like fucking Bravil or whatever that ghetto ass city was in Oblivion. I don't ever remember this being a quest in Skyrim so why would it be in Riften?

Mod it out. Dont even consider doing anything else first. Not even for a first playthrough.

Because I'm an idiot and mixed up the town names between games. Sorry.
Riften just sounds like a ghetto ass city name, y'know?

ACTUALLY! the pic you used was from the Five Claws Lodge in Leyawiin, not in Bravil. jk dude I did maximum autism in Oblivion to the point of taping my controller and keyboard button down in starter dungeon to raise sneak to 100 and shit on all chars.

You’re supposed to make a save file right before character creation before exiting the sewers. Then never replay beginning sewers again.

I mean, you're not wrong. Riften is shady too.

Not to mention he is literally in Oblivion real life 2
youtube.com/watch?v=ybeWq0-Hego

and yet you don't have it in VR. no excuse.

>Reddit: the post

Cool and yours would be faggot the roody poo post, dont call me reddit again you fucking nigger, slice your fucking faggot ass nutsack off and wear it like a surgical mask while I rape your fucking whore mother fucking nigger faggot

Imperial city house is outside

I think their Companions quests were much better then the fighter's guild

Oblivion's mage Guild takes so long to really get going so I can say it's better

Thieves guild I liked the Gray fox but am not sure if that alone is enough to say it's better, I really liked building up the guild

Brotherhood no question Oblivion is the better one

i got the frostcrag spire for free, should i make that my base or somewhere else?

you do. he is so high he thinks he is a breton called jauffre.

You just went full retard redditfag

>Oblivion's mage Guild takes so long to really get going so I can say it's better

Can't say it's better

Damn it

yikes

>I think the companions quests were much better than fighters guild

Attached: hahsuke.jpg (407x430, 24K)

WHATS WRONG NIGGLY?

He's probably sent off somewhere else by the time the events of Oblivion happen.

Dilate 4tranny

Bastards! Rank amateurs!

Just mod it out, honestly. Though if you want to game the vanilla system for whatever reason, you can try to stay at Lv1 and spellcraft a Drain Health 100pts/1sec spell that can instantly kill most NPCs or at least finish them off.

Amalur was a success. That studio only went belly up because the baseball guy got some bad advice and tried to make an MMO.

The only good quests in oblivion are the ones for edgy teens.

Better Cities and weapons expanded are two good ones

The Fighter's Guild's quests are obviously way better, but the Companions are an institution that meshes with the rest of the setting compared to the Fighter's Guild "basically an Adventurer's Guild we're here so the unga bunga hitstick players have something to join."

Wait it has gamepad support? Fuck I should have grabbed it during that sale.

Has anyone here played one of the spin-off games like Redguard or Battlespire? Are any of them good?

How can one game be so shit, yet so good at the same time?

ok this is epic

Attached: bens.jpg (1600x900, 170K)

Its probably a good thing that didn't happen, he already voiced half of cyrodil as it is.

everyone in that branch of the guild seems to be defective of some kind.

Attached: ScreenShot74.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Man I wish that I had a go into games machine so I could smell this freak.

youtube.com/watch?v=RPxvTd_jCPQ
Find a flaw.

The guards' dialogue in Skyrim was all written by one man in one night a few weeks before the game's release. That was not the case with Oblivion.

Attached: 1560194988812.jpg (1080x1920, 1.22M)

Unironically based.

Stop posting this fat whore thanks.

>scroll dupe
Tell me more, I only know about messing with arrows.

I want to mating press this slut

Thoughts that come into my head whenever I think about TES6 are killing me. Do you guys think we will get at least Skyrim or it will be full-on FO4?
Imagine if we could get at least Morrowind on modern engine (porting Vvardenfel into Skyrim doesn't count).

too thin, belly not big enough

I played and liked both. Redguard moreso than Battlespire. I haven't played the cell phone games or the card game or the MMO.

Battlespire has nice level design, lots of comedic dialogue with daedra, and a neat spell casting system. Also a lot of bugs and some tedious design decisions. The first couple levels are a little boring but they start getting really creative after that.
Redguard is a larger and less linear game than Battlespire, though not anywhere near to the extent of a real TES game. Fun puzzles and secrets. Well written plot and characters. Good and varied dungeon design. Combat is a mixed bag: pure swordplay is fun and based on timing and positioning, but against non-human enemies (including most bosses) the finesse goes out the window. The controls are very awkward and take a while to get used to, and the platforming sections (which there are too much of) are frustrating. Pretty clean as far as stability and bugs go.

If you decide to give them a try, here's some tips:
Battlespire: Getting new spells is rare once the game starts. If you're playing a spellcaster, make sure you have all the spells you think you'll ever use during character creation.
Redguard: Put off delivering the amulet for as long as you possibly can if you don't want to be harassed by the Imperial guards in Stros M'Kai while you do everything else.

Card game is alright.
The MMO is really good.

Female khajits were made for human dick

mommy i need some milk

>Not just the guilds, there are so many side quests that were amazing and well thought out.
you believe this too.

Yeah cute little snide swipe there cocksucker, dont even bother elaborating.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2vPuXbkdNQ

>vaermina's quest and arkved's tower
>the bloated float quest where the entire ship gets stolen while you sleep because the owner false flagged the inn to fame
>the fighter's guild quest where you infiltrate the blackwood company and get high on hist sap and murder an entire village
>the amount of alternative approaches to most of the dark brotherhood quests
>the quest where you go inside a painting
>the quest where you enter some dude's dreams to wake him up because he trapped himself

I wish someone would ask Wes Johnson what their direction was with that one Imperial power swing noise was

You know the one

You should have PAID THE FINE

>The MMO is really good
>Didn't even bother getting the right VA for Sheogorath

>level 14
>90 strength
>my damage is shit and all enemies take minutes to kill

>playing on higher difficulty when all that does is make enemies damage sponges

Kys

HURRARGH

HURRBLRBLR

Despite its glaring flaws and broken promises Oblivion still manages to feel like its leagues above Skyrim.

>Sheogorath's Daedric Shrine quest
>If you do it after completing Shivering Isles it's Haskill telling you what to do instead because you ARE Sheogorath

I like how Oblivion had actual classes and you could only master a specific skillset with your build.

Died of hypothermia because he's always shirtless.

>Are you praying to yourself, my lord?
>Well, I guess it makes sense, you being the Lord of Madness

Middle. Anything else is not an option.

Attached: oblivion Difficulty Settings - UESP.jpg (653x261, 63K)

i feel like it hits that middle ground between morrowind and skyrim where there's still classes, attributes and skills and fatigue but without the slow movement dice roll autism of morrowind
if only oblivion's magic was more like morrowind's

The problem with oblivion is that the classes except the straighforward brawlers are not very good. Especially magic is completely worthless in that game. Very badly balanced.

No, Brotherhood got played like a fiddle.

Wrong.

>play fallout 3
>get to megaton
>go to bar
>blonde bitch calls me a murderer
>???
>apparently i killed someone in her town (yet i just started the game)
>head to the town
>everyone is dead and a rad scorpion is walking around the corpses

Attached: muriclap.gif (498x338, 1.68M)

>Morrowind is a comfy book
That's not true at all. It's very arrogant in how it approaches game-design. The only fun world-building takes place inside books, inside the game.
t. reads books

The elder scroll heist and the prep quests are literally better than any of the shit skyrim has to offer

Frosgcrag is comfy but the pirate grotto in anvil is dope because theres a bunch of npc's so it doesn't feel super empty. Battlehorn castle is like that too

Megaton is in a different instance from the world instance, nothing spawns there and enemies couldn't travel between instances in FO3. Also, radscorpions don't spawn near Megaton at the beginning of the game, only ants.

There is nothing more obnoxious and annoying than anyone using the term "zoomer." Newsflash buddy, nobody over the age of 18 would ever use a term like that, so it's self-defeating even bringing it up.

And I like Morrowind, but you really should stop being so defensive about it. M, O & S are all great games, even if you've been brainwashed by Tortanic Yea Forums to shit on everything even if it only has a few flaws, or if it's not the perfect game you envisioned. Morrowind isn't the perfect game you envision either and it's really sad whenever I come into an ES thread and it's anonymous mongoloids pretending that it's the holy grail of RPGs when it plays more like an MMO.

Attached: 1564418805470.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

This is a BASED post.

yet it happened.

please don't embarrass my son like this, he is just trying to make friends with his little stories

Attached: V90dp21.jpg (638x551, 138K)

todd wtf chill he's just trying to create his own skyrim

Learn to read.

THIS IS THE PART
WHERE YOU FALL DOWN AND BLEED TO DEATH

Compressing space for compromising feasibility and convenience is an art form. Especially in VR Skyrim feels like a big diorama it's not a determent.

Attached: 1523994524759.jpg (1024x1639, 471K)

I saw a mudcrab the other day.

shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422 In-depth analysis on the Thieves Guild quest-line from a writers perspective, and a gameplay perspective, and why it is probably one of the worst questlines in TES.

Worth a read, its great.

Attached: 1554676866162.png (371x712, 359K)

Oscuro's Oblvion Overhaul for level scaling
Oblivion XP or All +5 Attribute Modifiers so you can just play the fucking game with worrying about grinding

Is Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul any good? I want to replay the game with some mods, but too lazy to install FCOM.

>Skyrim feels like a big diorama
more like a big diarrhea lmfao

They had him do his voice lines in case they couldn't get Sean Bean

>the Thieves Guild is not the worst bit of writing in Skyrim. (I think I’d give that honor to the quest in Markarth where you have to deal with the Forsworn.)
I still don't understand what was going on in that quest

Did I fuck up modding mine or will the game still crash every now and then even with the bugfixes/mods?

He starts off wrong. Did he not check to see if his shitposting was correct or just not care?
I think he just wanted to shit on Bethesda and facts be damned.

> I still don't understand
That is a you problem.

TESVI will be Bethesda’s return to form. Todd will deliver.

Attached: 1523964419384.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Return to form means different things to different people.
Old timers want the shitty gameplay from Morrowind back.
Oblivion fags want the max comfy back.
The Skyrim patricians are distressed by the direction they are taking with Fallout and hoping none of that fail comes to TES.

At this point I'd be happy as long they don't find some way of dumbing it down even more than skyrim.
Surely they can't take away any more than they already have r-right?

I actually want some things from Fallout 4 like base building, weapon/armor customization and the perk chartin TES6.

Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add.
Perfection is achieved when there is nothing left to remove.

You type like a fag and your shit's all retarded.

Good read. Skyrim is such a massive pile of shit.

Attached: 1540824507092.jpg (645x1024, 152K)

you're shit

>page 2
the writing is so bad lmao how did this win goty

Attached: 1551632454094.gif (774x716, 377K)

Stop shilling your blog autismo

I killed this faggot the first time I played when I was like 13. Didnt know what I had missed out on till my second play through.

Don't worry.
He was probably cumming in his pants - he seems like the guy.

>only cheats i ever used in morrowind was to fix broken quests
>did everything the hardway
Am i just retarded?

>Thieves and Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim were fine
>The former being actually better
Why would you blatantly lie like that, you fuckin' jerk?

>skyrim just gives the draugr and bandits different names and more health
what more would you want?

ive never had any problems with the level scaling, but i have never played oblivion so maybe thats why

If you found Morrowind hard in any way it is possible.

Reminder that Lady Drad belongs to ogres.

Attached: ogre cock so good.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>HURR READING HARD ME LIKE SKRIM HEHE U AUTEESTIC

commit die

>Anyone else do this
No, but I was looking for a quick way to boast acrobatics so I can larp as a ninja.
Next time I may do this.

>Thieves and Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim were fine
Wrong. They were so much worse and when they ended I went "that's it?" Also the thieves guild was just a murderhobo simulator for the most part, which took away from the elegant thieves guild robin hood style of not killing, and it not being so much about being an enforcer, but more of a thief with a code, like in morrowind and oblivion, which btw also is supposed to be in sharp contrast to the dark brotherhood.

I actually wouldn’t mind this if the game had more regional enemy variation. There’s too much copy-paste, too many draugr tombs, too many bandit camps. You could get away with leveling up the same enemies based on player level if you weren’t seeing so many of the same enemies that you can actually track the upward progression of the enemy levels.

Oblivion is a fantasy game?

>did everything as was intended
>only "glitch" i ever used was to kill guards in mournhold to get that sweet armor for shekels
Honestly the hardest part about the game was navigating from time to time but i liked that better than quest markers and hand holding

>the emperor of the imperial legion is voiced by him in Skyrim
Kino

I actually almost never do dark brotherhood quests because I don't want to be some assassin. I mean, why would I want to kill Vittoria Vici during the poor woman's wedding. Not my style.
Yarti is the best wife.

Rip jauffree's voice actor, such a warm sounding fellow
I wish i could remember his name...i think it was ralph or something like that

The spoiler function works user

>Well...it all started that warm summer break
>*Gimme shelter starts playing*
>See I had gotten my hands on this peculiar dagger WAAAAR CHILDREEEN

you have a point, but I would also say that if you are in an elder scrolls thread about a particular faction and you have yet to play it, you should probably not be in the thread

Fair nuff

]>mission to kill the emperor
>holy shit this is actually getting good now
>it's on a small shitty boat instead of something like a big ceremony or something that has some clever hitman-antics and has no ramifications for the world at all[/spoiler
so lame

destroy the dark brotherhood

Ctrl+S = Spoiler tags.

>Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim were fine
I don't like them. I guess they work if you RP killer for hire, but to me it felt out of place because I wanted more heroic character.

yeah that's what I did but it got fucked up somehow not sure why

The Skyrim TG was just deconstructing a trope.
Next level stuff. Not surprised you you didn't get it.

I was like 8 or 9 when it was released, and it scared the shit out of me. Oblivion gates were terrifying, so I would rarely go into wilderness after Kvatch quest and Anvil home quest almost make me fucking scream from unexpected spooky ghost action. it was a good time

Attached: 1559995173444.jpg (2576x1920, 537K)

doesn't matter, it was still unsatisfying, and way too much dungeoncrawling. Remember that mission in oblivion when you were racing the other thieves to find an item in the imperial city? felt none of that excitement here

No, fuck off, punk.

>Do you remember
Not really. The TG in Oblivion was the best that has been done to this point and had many memorable parts. The part you are talking about isn't one for me.

You sound like a shithead.
Are you a shithead?

I was in high school at the time and it still scared the shit out of me
>tfw in a dungeon and the combat music starts but you can't see any enemies

Attached: 1560130442295.png (640x628, 150K)

You know why you fucked that up?
Because you're a retard.

I hope you find love and a fulfiled life user.

even though he does 40 different characters in oblivion, his voice never gets annoying

youtu.be/ybeWq0-Hego?t=425
why is he so sexy?

And just on the first page, he missed so many things that were wrong with Thieves Guild...

Like what, you fucking punk?
I bet you're one of them idiots that think for themselves

I couldn't tell you what exactly I did in Companions quest, and I finished it one month ago. I know I killed some werewolves hunters, then some draugs, then I become a leader. At least Blackwood company in Oblivion felt like an actual faction, Silver hand are literally renamed bandits.

That's the case for every guild in Skyrim. The only one I remember is the Dark Brotherhood, and not every part.

Shame then that he felt the need to lie to make his points.

You dont appreciate the fact that your only retarded to post this but not actually believe it enough.

Did mods ever add more of Tamriel to Oblivion?

>Silver hand are literally renamed bandits.
Don't remind me... They also act as bandits in general, attacking random people. It's either laziness or not enough of the dev time or greed or all of the above.

Like the fact that in order to become a member, you have to work against npcs that are friendly to you because you helped them in some way. That Dunmer who you set up in order to become a member, he ends up in prison. After you risked your life to help him discover who his parents are, after he showed his sincere gratitude for that, you just send him to prison, and there is nothing you can do about that. You cannot pay to release him, you cannot help him escape, that's it, you ruined someones life for a stupid reason.
Same thing happens later, when you have to go around Riften, collecting debts. At least 2 of the npcs I had to collect money from I was in good terms with, but games doesn't acknowledge that. It forces me to act as an asshole without reason, it doesn't even allow me a dialogue option where I can tell them that I will pay their debts or something similar.
Third mission where you have to infiltrate a house, at least in my case, got interrupted with a dragon attack. So even if I wanted to play stealthy, I couldn't because dragon brought all attention to me. And then, when you get inside a house, you are forced to kill at least one person. After all that talk that Thieves Guild are not DB, you still have to kill a guy, and not only that, you can kill everybody in the house, nobody cares, mission doesn't fail, you get the same reward.

Elsweyr

Friend left his copy of Morrowind at my house back in the day, never played it. Just started playing on PC with graphic mods 30 hrs in and having lots of fun. My uncle said my skill build is trash and I need to start over. Am I fucked?

Attached: 20190806120125_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.04M)

Well I am not low IQ enough to understand your word salad of post anyway.
The best I can figure is it boils down to "You don't actually believe that do you?"

That Morroblivion mod never finished?

You are enjoying Morrowind?
Then yes you are fucked and you should get checked before the tumor grows any larger.

your menu layout sucks and you should feel bad.

Most of the non main story quests were better than the actual story

Who, who doesn't understand what they post is uncertain to establish neuro pathways.

Your uncle is probably a minmaxing nigger who never increases his stats without +5 bonus. You can't really ruin your build in Morrowind, just play however your want.

Attached: screenshot002.jpg (1600x900, 379K)

You should spend your entire life not doing things because of those random nagging feelings.

Trust me, it will make you interesting

I tried asking in /tesg/ with no luck, but does anyone know: can I break the game with making too many NPCs essential or it doesn't matter? Playing Skyrim SE btw.

WHY
WON'T
YOU
DIE

why bother?

Are you Kirkbride?
Sounds like MKtier writing.
Needs More bzzt...*(Meme sphere)* graccc [REDACTED] followed by surprise butt sex to get the full MK feel.

WHY
WON'T
YOU
DIIIIIIE
>*power attacks*
YEEHAW

YOU ELVES ARE ALL THE SAME, ALL FLASH, AND NO FURY
HURRRBLRBLR

hAha thanks for the constructive feedback. Forgot where I posted for a moment

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep pushing along

just curious

I think werewolves appear if your level is high enough or maybe it was a mod, I was charged by a werewolf near morthal hit me like a truck from behind or maybe the companions were near and transformed

>You are enjoying Morrowind?
Enjoying a game that I don't enjoy, must be bad

Cutter from Crucible is my waifu. There I said it.

Good taste.

>that feel when we never get to see the Argonians chimping out on the Daedra to the point where THEY were invading Oblivion through the gates in Black Marsh

So is the dragonborn canonically Hermaeus Moras eternal cocksleave now?

I love when people pretend Oblivion's guild quests are great.
Mage's Guild
>have to do recommendation tasks for every city first
>then kill some necromancers for a few hours
>boom you're archmage
Arena
>fight a bunch of jobbers with barely any variance
>you did a favor for the grand champion? enjoy that final "fight" lol
Fighter's guild
>clear out some caves
>do some fetch quests
>the final quests are pretty decent though
Thieves' guild
>barely even feels like a "guild"
>bribe some beggars
>final quest is mostly dungeon crawling (?)
Dark Brotherhood
>do some good quests
>do the most overrated quest in the game
>now kill your entire guild
>get the rest of your quests from soulless dead drops
>the quests themselves are now shit
>cool twist
>final quest is dogshit
I'm disappointed in you faggots

Attached: 1563593376049.jpg (377x387, 15K)

His dragon soul means he'll go back to poppa Akatosh after death regardless of how many daedric deals he has done

>make reductive argument
>see, I can simplify everything so now I'm right
I'm not sure why you even bothered to type all of that out. It's the equivalent of saying
>all video games are just pushing buttons, how can people claim that's fun

It's hardly reductive, this is exactly what you do in almost every quest.

what a worthless post

It's REALLY fucking bad, I recently played some Oblivion. Levelled a lot and it gets absurd. Try to download a mod, if you don't mind, to unfuck the levelling. It ruins the game.

>all video games are just pushing buttons, how can people claim that's fun
It's hardly reductive, this is exactly what you do in almost every video game.

Attached: A Rhetorical Question.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

Attached: tenor.png (532x398, 367K)

Attached: 1486330626178.png (480x480, 294K)

Sorry you're this asspained. My guess is that you played this game at a young age when you didn't know what a good quest was.

Facts

>admitting that you can't argue
See pic

Attached: 1452241835370.jpg (777x656, 119K)

Either mod it or game it. If you pick major skills that you'll never use then you'll level your combat skills/alchemy/acrobatics/etc without actually increasing your level, which makes enemies lag behind you.

Why is Wes Johnson's voice so memorable

That sounds like it'd be fun to watch.

Or be the smart min maxing autist and choose major skills you'll never use while keep count of exactly how many skills you level so that, when you hit a point where leveling up will give you +5 in 3 attributes, you level up your major skills by fighting mudcrabs and insure you always get optimal stats.

so oblivion's faction quests are shit compared to the other games you've played? Damn, you must tell us what games you've been playing ,share the kino around brother.

Attached: 1544189871993.jpg (484x480, 12K)

Because he knows how to use it. He's the ideal that all VAs should strive to be.
>great natural voice
>good range
>absolutely swell guy
>actually cares about the fans for real instead of just for promos
>gives a shit about the story being told
>doesn't hold back when he's performing
>not all about the money
He's in my Top 3.

i cant get better cities to work

Cyrodiil... Home.

Attached: 1523393428763.jpg (1894x1000, 1.67M)

So Mercer was actually the best thief in the guild and was punished for it?

Least it was before daedra and altmer fucked everything up.

Yes, but he stole from the WRONG people.

Least it was before the dragon break fucked all the jungles up

>jungle fags still seething
I was totally fine with what we got. Maybe a bit more variation, since it's a central region.

Hopefully the Sithis has a bunch of hot assassins give him a handy in the void for all his hard work.

He is the Redoran Governor who gives you permanent Membership for House Redoran, all of Dragonborn is a reunion of Morrowind Voice actors.
When you think of it, the LDB is literally the Hortator of House Telvanni thanks to the main quest, and House Redoran after saving Raven Rock

In the end Sean bean became martin and his voice acting was good.
Which is sad because his final words for all of Tamriel left the entire Empire in ruins.
youtube.com/watch?v=nLWAr3TQ-S8

I always did the deadric prince side quest for the skeleton key first in every new game.

the troll painting quest was so fucking cool too, nothing even close to that in skyrim

>morrowind: trash combat, good writing, okay quests
>oblivion: okay combat, good writing, great quests
>skyrim: good combat, okay writing, trash quests

Did the dragons just come back in Skyrim or all over Nirn?

I don't know why people say skyrim's combat is better than oblivion, they're basically the exact same

>there will NEVER, EVER be another game in which you can do retarded game breaking shit like this

Get fucked weeb.

Worst thing about skyrim is all the asset flips from fallout 3. You feel like you've already seen half the content before you even start playing, and everything in the game looks like it's been glazed by Krispy Kreme

I wish devs would stop thinking optional op build ruin their super serious game; let me have fun damn it!

More weapon versatility I guess. The magic system was a huge downgrade tho. Shouts were basically just spells for retards

You are either a child of parents related by blood or have not played both games.

>Charm 100 points on touch for 3 seconds
>Charm a guard so he pays my fine
>Immediately goes from smiling like an idiot to angry when I stop talking to him

Just turn the difficulty down and pretend you cheesed the game.

What'd you name the spell?

not him but that could had been worked out better
>There are "frost" netch roaming over Winterhold and Eatmarch because of Vvardenfel's eruption
>Some Dwemer ruins are haunted by Dwemer Wraiths
>Werebears are common in the Pale
>Morthal has vampire covens up their asses, which is why Fallion is there.
>Haafingar has a network of Underground tunnels made by Potema that goes even to High Rock
>Cliff Racers flew from morrowind made a new home in the Reach, which is perfect for them to reproduce, spead, and even being used by the forsworn.
>Falkreath Hold has problems with goblin covens who escaped from Cyrodiil during the Great War, goblins are fighting the Falmer for dominance.

Download Galerion and then Maskar's Overhaul.
it fixes everything

Attached: Mazoga.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

"Charm 100 03s T"

Anyone else here played Nehrim? 10 hours in and I'm really enjoying it

Should have named it BroJob.

>the NPCs are also just predictable and boring
>quest in Skyrim where you have to help two adventurers explore a tomb and recover a relic
>from the very beginning you can tell that one of the guys is a bad guy
>he ends up betraying his partner and wants to kill you just as everyone could have predicted from the moment the quest started
So fucking boring jesus

All the mods I look at add a 1000 amateur bullshit additions I don't want. The most recent one for example adds a "faction war" between Morrowind, Skyrim and so on for literally no reason. It amounts to you walking around and occassionally 3 silent npcs spawn in and try to kill you. Even if you disable that it has custom monsters so you get the joy seeing some 14 year old try to model guars into Oblivion. Oblivion was the worst with modders refusing to have their mod do one thing and one thing only.

It is pretty much the same, but perks are definitely better in Skyrim. Shit like dual cast spells, additional effects to make them stagger, dual wielding, shield charger to knock everyone over. Then you get additional effects on each weapon type or element.
The only thing oblivion really has over it is spell crafting, and even that is only good for making a few exploitable things like drain fatigue 100 for 1 second for a cheap knockdowns.

Then you get to oblivions leveling system and the ass backwards way you gain attribute points. It is retarded and brings down combat even further since the enemies will out scale you by level 20 unless you minmaxed and assigned your skills backwards.
Skyrim's level scaling is balanced, fine as long as you dont spread your perks too wide for no reason and focus your build.

>go to Bruma mages guild
>jump on top of railing
>mash jump until Acrobatics is at least at level 75
>rush through mages guild questline to get access to custom spells
>create 1 second spells for each school called "Training Conjuration" etc
>go to arena and sneak next to the door while casting spells
>autowalk and weight on keyboard for afk leveling
>only have to click once it reaches a new perk
Autism

>play oblivion as a completely ignorant console tard
>never have an issue with leveling despite having no idea what I'm doing or how the system works

It's almost like the game isn't actually the problem, just all the slobbering retard morrowfags that can't handle not being able to break the game 3 hours in

Attached: 1564210834816.jpg (768x1024, 62K)

>Yea Forums praises GTA San Andreas for its compressed world, noting that it make the space more interesting than other large open worlds
>Gets pissed off when Skyrim doesn't have 100 houses where the only thing worth seeing is a sweet roll and 12 coins
Jesus

I enjoy Oblivion more than Morrowind but the leveling system is just poorly built. It has nothing to do with difficulty, the only way to optimize your gains is to purposefully select major skills you won't use or you'll never get 5/5/5.
I still think the quests are superior to Morrowind and Skyrim but the leveling system is objectively flawed. It's badly designed.

Attached: EddyB_DD_E.jpg (591x432, 81K)

>being this afraid of the game adding a bit of challenge
hey, uhh... you do realize there is a difficulty slider, in the menu? ok champ?

>I still don't understand what was going on in that quest
Markarth?
basically it turns out that after the Markarth incident the Silver Blood family (you know that powerful Nord family who dominates the Reach and owns the mines in markarth which are the money makers) start utilizing the forsworn stuck in the mines to murder people they want gone and consolidate their power, they also have the guards in their pocket due to their influence.
Final point, which is part of why I think the quests latter part is so absolutely retarded, is that the silver bloods are stormcloak supporters and the woman who is attacked at the start of the quest was an agent of Tullius trying to find out how to get the mine from them and diminish their influence on the reach.
then you go through the quest and despite the fact you can pickpocket a fucking diary that lays out in full the silver bloods complicity you can never give it to the jarls or anyone to give them their just desserts if an imperial supporter (or just mad they imprisoned you), instead you get the ending where he just hands you a fucking ring for doing his dirty work and then it all goes back to normal. Which should only have been the case for hardcore stormcloak runs who supported them.

it's just retarded and I remove the essential character bit from both the surviving silver bloods and kill them on my imperial supporting characters

>feather 100 + strength 100 for 3 seconds on self
>lootNscoot
Good times.

youtube.com/watch?v=3YKicBAMlBk

Attached: ul_ar_pic1.jpg (1280x1024, 237K)

Why was Mannimarco so pathetic in this game? I thought the guy literally became a god.

you autism, bruv?
you had plenty of opportunities.
an example being what this dickhead saidyou should have called it: "A Touching Moment."

gods in TES aren't all that impressive by and large.

GTA did that because of technical limitations, and it's not an RPG so it's kind of a weird comparison.

It's more about the trend in the elder scrolls series of scaling down when they should be scaling up. It's kind of jarring going from imperial city in oblivion, which actually felt large, to the hamlet of whiterun which is supposed to be a capital city

Best city.

Attached: Cheydinhal_%28Oblivion%29.png (1000x641, 1.2M)

In the lore, Mannimarco became the God of Sucking Shit.
And I think he fulfilled that role reasonably well.

FLYIN
FLYIN IN THE SKY
CLIFF RACER FLIES SO HIGH
FLYIN

Because you met his mortal self. Thanks to the activation of the Numidium in Daggerfall, all of its ending became canon at the same time, but not the extend of their original ending. The result for Mannimarco was that he became both a minor god that can turn Grand Soul Gems in Black ones, but another version of him is still sitting in Tamriel, essentially worshipping himself.

idk why more people in the TES universe don't worship daedric princes, the nine divines basically have no effect on the world and make you wonder if they really exist, meanwhile the daedric princes are constantly interacting with people and making themselves known

>i would like you to bring me some sweet rolls

That's right, you're going to DIE in here.

Chey is comfy but Anvil is objectively the best city

A scum being attracted to shit...?

Typical.

it's perfect

I don't give my spells meme names. I like to know what they do at a glance and have them logically ordered in the list.

I would like it, too.
But I have standards - sorry... not sorry.

>the nine divines basically have no effect on the world and make you wonder if they really exist, meanwhile the daedric princes are constantly interacting with people and making themselves known
that's because the Divines besides Talos sacrificed part of themselves to create Nirn, which also made them unable to interact with the world like the daedra who retain their full power, and thus only give shit like blessings.

Attached: 1561843558310.gif (500x293, 68K)

Imperial City felt large because it was like 6 cells of copy pasted environment
Whiterun is about the same size as most Oblivion cities
For example, both Bruma and Whiterun have enter-able buildings in the mid 20s.

so you're not even going to consider what i and this dickheadsaid?
you cant make spells without proper names, that's just cold. and in fact, you're not anymore.

That was just a pretender.

Who /Chorrol/ here

Also, Nocturnal is actually having an effect in real life, as well.

My cock. She hardens my cock.

Suck on my dick like it's a lollipop
"Do you love me?" bitch, no, I do not
Trying to talk with a mouthful of nut
I be like "excuse me, but I don't speak thot"
Bitch got my name tattoed on her butt
Fuck her one time, in and out of her guts
She really trying to cash in on my clout
But I'm no dinky, one strike and you out
Ouu, walk in the trap like Xedilian
Ouu, I just got a couple million
Ouu, rich like Aldmeri Dominion
Fuck with me and get smoked by my minions
Ouu, I got my bitch Akaviri and
In my opinion they are the kinkiest
Ouu, I got the bitches catching feelings

Attached: ZOOMIN.jpg (1200x1200, 208K)

I think of Aedra and Daedra as lawyers.
The Aedra are the ones who argue in front of the SC and actually have an effect on the world even if the rank and file have no idea who they are.
The Daedra are the ambulance chasers who advertise on TV. You can probably hum one of their jingles right now.

Yeah but Bruma feels right because it's a city for Nords In the farthest reaches and harshest climate of the province, not the capital city that's directly in the center, accessible from everywhere.

Whiterun having 20 buildings is not a good sign when most small cities had that many in oblivion, hell, even bravil which is basically a shanty town had 20 buildings

Red Dead Redemption barn scene was pretty good

Any good overhaul mods that add more weight to the character/combat? Coming back to Oblivion after years I can't handle the float

Doesn't Oscuro have combat changes

That fuckin' sucked cocks, dude.
Why didn't he just, I don't know, step out of the way of the bullets?

I get all my training from Honditar, that mer is a fucking monster

Attached: Turtle3.jpg (900x1024, 218K)

You're wanted dead or alive, Grey Fox. I'm choosing dead.

I think he means the scene where you find the homesteaders butchered in their barn and there's a naked corpse hung from the ceiling.

This post unironically made me laugh and long for happier times gone by

I never played the game, idiot.
How am I supposed to magically know that, retard?

based retard

the most autistic thing i've done while playing as a kid was climbing up the top of the white-gold tower in imperial city using only the paintbrushes that were bugged and had no physics on them you couldn't even stand on top, there wasn't an actual floor on top

This is true? Wow.

Now I want to go back and see the differences. That kind of attention to detail is amazing.

You never played RDR?
I legit feel bad for you. Go right now and play it.

If you're feeling sad just think of big cocks just how you like

Then why the fuck did you respond to a post about RDR?

>be fully invisible
>cast aoe spell in the middle of a town that does 100 points of Frenzy and Rally on anyone hit
>watch the entire town fight to the death never gets old

I used to have a huge crush on him when I was younger, but then I grew out of it. Still, he's pretty damn hot for an Oblivion NPC. I love his voice.

> Why are people speaking fondly about Oblivion this is a Morrowind board.
Morrowindfags gettin salty.

Hey no offense but that sounds kind of gay.

Yeah but both Skyrim and Oblivion were made for Xbox 360s.
Having the same amount of buildings is a miracle with how much better Skyrim looks, and the incompetence of Bethesda.

NEVER contact me in public.

What is the best mod for removing level scaling / fixing it. I tried OOO ages ago but I remember it adding a bunch of wank nobody asked for.

Galerion's natural levelling

>tying a rubber-band to your analogue stick crouching in an unseen corner by an NPC to raise Sneak

Blueblood ruin is the best place to farm some band of rogues for armor and weapons. Enchanting your gear to have 100% chameleon breaks the game.

T-thanks

I'm pretty sure the TG questline in Skyrim was written by Emil, which would explain why it's so retarded, shitty and forced down your throat.

>good combat
wtf...absolutely not. It's still braindead, were you fooled by the slightly better animations? As long as there is no reliable damage mitigation option it will remain ass

Couldn't you just have layed the controller face down?

It doesn't really work, it usually just falls off balance and returns to neutral, rubber band is top tier

For my part, i made an autohotkey script that just hit space a hundred times per second.

But the real autism was training athletics to 100 before reaching level 2. I ran around cyrodiil killing things for 90 hours or so.

Attached: schwertle25k.jpg (1000x800, 373K)

>That Orc in Leyawiin embarrassed about running a book store

25,000 people killed yet those eyes show no remorse

I genuinely don't understand doing that kind of purposefully game-breaking grinding if you're on PC, just use console commands.

Is there a modpack or modlist for Oblivion?

No idea what people consider essential these days and the /vg/ general will probably just tell me to go to loverslab and install all the sex mods

Nobody ever uploads packs of mods for god knows what reason

>oblivion gates shut
>401
Good God, I barely made it to 5.

>/pol/ characters
love you too, user

it's a lot more gratifying to do fucked-up shit than cheat outright

Attached: leaning tower.jpg (1280x1024, 257K)

I mean you only NEED to close 3

>Melee character
>NOW YOU ARE THE ARCH- MAGE

Attached: 1542574303152.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

modding oblivion is a horrendous experience. That's why i'd only play morrowind or skyrim

WHY
WON'T
YOU
DIEEEE

>not punching people with magic

YOU'LL MAKE A FINE PAIR OF BOOTS, LIZARD

I'VE FOUGHT MUDCRABS MORE FEARSOME THAN YOU!

WHATS THE MATTER, GETTING TIRED?

HUUGH

THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU FALL DOWN AND BLEED TO DE-- OOH --

WEEHARRRGH!

the tesgeneral site has a decent modding guide for oblivion that will give you at least a starting point
I didn't find it that difficult honestly, though it is more complicated than skyrim modding

SOMEOMESBEEN MURDERED

He states later and at the end of it he is just trying to look at the quest in just a vacuum because he understands how hairy it would get so he just stays on target with the Thieves Guild and not as he puts it "the brain damage god child that is Skyrim"

Not ONLY was Shivering Isles incredible but Knights Of The Nine was good content as well.

FOR THE NOINE

>doing dark brotherhood questline
>as a heroic character
You only have yourself to blame

Worst taste on Yea Forums I've seen in months

I, also, agree.
The Knights of the Nine add-on can't match the scale of The Shivering Isles, but still is a neat add-on. Pelinal.

Why can't khajiit be cute

Attached: fe55619d4454006b08bdd9823966a703.gif (1029x2000, 231K)

I'm on YOUR side!
That's TWICE you hit me!
Hit me once more, AND I'LL KILL Y-
HMMPH!

Oblivion has best guild quests
To create dream TES we need best from Morrowind + Oblivion + Skyrim

Attached: 1544978011224.jpg (1206x1600, 721K)

>you are forced to kill at least one person
but you are not.

Oblivion made it that you only need one character to be with every guild
Skyrim made it that you only need one playstyle to be with every guild
That was my biggest issue with Skyrim, I'm use to games not gate walling you, making sure you can do everything, however Skyrim was:

Mage's Guild
cave spunky, talk to people, more cave spunky, kill a guy

not fighter's guild

Dark Brotherhood

Thieves guild

>Knights Of The Nine
Only thing I remember about that is that every time you load a save in the last quest, other knights will be farther and farther away from you, thus enabling you to complete it without any one of them dying.

oblivion has the best quests period. morrowind has the best writing but it doesn't fit modern expectations because it's text dumps, and the best thing about skyrim is no doubt the visuals and foley

My favorite quirk in Oblivion was how as long as you one-shot someone essential it didn't count as assault so you could just beat the shit out of someone and nobody cared

I mean you can literally slaughter the skyrim dark brotherhood so I have absolutely no idea why a heroic character would join them

How do you not remember the awesome heavy armor, shields, enchanted maces, cool quest rewards, etc

Pull up your skirt.

>>go to Bruma mages guild
I have fond memories of installing porn mods and extorting the head lady of the place into being my bitch and then impregnating her.

>but you are not.
You are. Owner of the house will react to you no matter how high your sneak skill is. It is possible to bypass it by exploiting bugs, but the fact remains that you can massacre the whole estate and nobody will care.
I didn't read the whole thing because author is not really a good writer, but since I started TG quests on level 60, it's hard to me to ignore so many things accomplished so far.
But TG or DB quests do not require extensive criticism, just acknowledging that TES games have shitty stealth mechanic is enough.

One of few times when they actually added a quest that let's you RP more with a choice.

Really, out of all the hot bitches in the Mages Guild you focused on her? The Cheydinhal Argonian who mommy doted on you was a mega qt.

Look, I just wanted to make that incompetent woman be my bitch, impregnate her but then decided to grow fond of her and retire helping her run the guild and start a family.

my nigga
Chorrol best city

Okay I'm powerleveling right now in Oblivion
At very late levels everything is fucked unless you are a master of destruction or go full cheese, but you really won't see that unless you've already finished the game.
The problem is that some skills level incredibly fast and some incredibly slowly. If you are a spellsword who occasionally conjures a skeleton you will find that suddenly your conjuring abilities are through the roof and blade/armor/destruction are left behind. Moreover, mandatory attributes like strength are tied to mutually exclusive skills (blade/blunt/unarmed) so efficiently leveling strength requires you to start using your non-preferred weapon type.
The worst part is that the skills that level fastest are usually the least important in combat (security/illusion/alteration etc.) so if you decide to use any of those you will find that you level up very quickly and gain no useful combat acumen, leaving you absolutely fucked in a high level world.
That said, if you know that in advance you'll be fine - don't max major skills just because you can, invest some time each level into improving endurance and if you ever ever want to stand a chance at maxing every skill make sure you choose mercantile restoration and athletics as major skills because they require literal days worth of grinding if you don't

I miss Egger3rd's videos

this thread isnt still going is it?

BRRRRRRRRRRRR

youtube.com/watch?v=mYs_gUs35eM

>tfw no qt khajit gf

Attached: 1463963939616.jpg (836x1100, 1.28M)

>I’m pretty sure I just super jumped over the fence in the mages guild and used then spell crafting tables to make OP spell and but it’s hard to remember
based liar, you need a key to get into any of those buildings
I did it with paintbrushes cause I'm not austic

I find it retarded that it counts as murder when you kill that treasure hunter faggot after he tries to have you killed by his thugs to steal the high fane key from you. Every time he tried to act like hot shit turning invisible and walking away I always kill his ass first before the bandits but then I get the dark brotherhood message and Lucien tries to recruit me even though I killed in self defense.

After daggerfall it became possible to rise to the rank of leading the guilds, which is certifiably retarded from an immersion standpoint. It bothered the hell out of me. Such a position is a career. What the fuck kind of guild appoints an adventurer as a leader? They just leave as soon as there is nothing left to do.

Attached: 201708060120355cd.jpg (640x640, 132K)

Its not like as if the previous leaders ever did anything, they just stand around doing nothing all day.

We are witnessing the nascent stages of Oblivion nostalgia supplanting Morrowind nostalgia on Yea Forums.

Bros, I totally saw a mudcrab the other day.

That's no different from other NPCs who are assumed to be doing things. Since you control your character in real time you know you're not actually presiding over anything or making proactive decisions. If you want to be a leader play Civ.

Attached: weynon priory.jpg (560x560, 58K)

will i enjoy The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) if i didn't like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)

depends on what you disliked, specifically
>en.uesp.net/wiki/General:Differences_Between_Morrowind,_Oblivion,_and_Skyrim

Attached: Chalman.jpg (1280x1024, 133K)

I remember the sword you got from that Bloated Float quest. I always did it the moment I got out of the sewers since it's so effective in the early game

HURGALAGARAR

No, probably not, faggot.
But, the only real way of finding out is playing it for yourself, FUCKFACE!

I have never played Obliterate.
Is it any good?
Is it a prequel to Skyrim?

He went back to Kvatch and continued to constantly drink Skooma and snort Moon Sugar. When the Daedra attacked, he believed the Dremora to be a crowd of lusty Argonian maids and henceforth dived headfirst into the ass

I thought Jiub killed all the cliffracers, fucking Bethsuda can't even get their own lore correct in game.

Attached: 20190702235722_1.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

you can summon him in Skyrim

That isn't true, believe me - I'd know.
GOD... I wish I could bash your fucking redditor face in!

He drove them out. Saint Patrick didn't kill all the snakes.

meanwhile modders fixed it with 0 money and in their spare time
suck bethesda's dick a little more, will ya?

Maybe he was referring to a specific area of Morrowind.

imagine you're a human bean and soeone just cuts your mouth right off, jaw included
holy shit

>LaFave Bros
You won't find a comfier channel on youtube, guaranteed

magefist best playstyle

yeah, he was gonna be Jauffre aswell

Jauffree would be the one to know
He lives quietly as a monk
At Waynon Priory

youtube.com/watch?v=wHL7zyLsQ2k

you aren't drinking water right now

Have you heard of the High Elves
HAAGH
URGH
HMM

I still think it was kinda forced when Bethesda announced that Jauffre and Eronor were homosexual lovers.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZzhEPO9xmc

Caius Cosades is a beautiful man

Attached: MGE006.png (357x506, 230K)