Master Chief Collection Hype Thread

2*4 place is down, let’s talk about what game modes we’re gonna remake first. I assume fat kid for most of you.

Attached: B42A6FE6-0D31-4EA7-98A9-5CA6DFBBA81F.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>unironically going to cripplechan
>unironically mentioning it in your post

unironically kill yourself nigger and get off my site, how dare you post a game I like

Attached: 1557371723620.png (774x417, 372K)

can't wait to play halo on my switch HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1563685905480.png (662x602, 299K)

when the fuck is this game coming out? I think microsoft announced this too early.

Attached: 1557298222523.png (688x784, 177K)

I just wanna play with forge again, god damn it.

Fuck the 343 games, infinite is gonna be ass.

halo infinite better be a proper halo game or it's fucking over

Attached: 1544417371667.png (298x300, 199K)

You know the answer

I guess when sony releases a new exclusive this collection will be out that day.

Just gonna dump some pics to bring everyone back into the mood

Also what the fuck Cloudflare.

Attached: 69ECA0C8-6B0E-4206-88C4-B0B89E31D497.jpg (1536x1152, 243K)

I just want to go back

Attached: 38522302-6E5C-4480-908D-7033E59E7FDF.jpg (1200x675, 104K)

5 has by far the best forge though.

it's on PC too, and is free

Attached: Halo 5 forge duck hunt.webm (720x404, 1.04M)

Didn’t halo 5 also have ADS?

Attached: 1544465476004.jpg (970x545, 42K)

Sort of but not really.

All guns can zoom in now and on most of them it's made to look like ADS, but in terms of the actual mechanical function of it it still acts like zoom in Halo CE/2/3/ODST/Reach, not like ADS in CoD, CSGO, Battlefield, etc.

Ironically 4's zoom is more ADS then 5's, since even if it looks like zoom they removed descope.

i hope reach is out by this year for pc god damn.why did they even announce it if theyre making such slow progress?

This would be cool if Halo 5 didn't play itself

??

>but in terms of the actual mechanical function of it it still acts like zoom
No, it fucking doesn't

>5 has by far the best forge
And multiplayer is online-only so who gives a fuck

Also its still Halo 5, so, again, who gives a fuck

Yes, it literally does.

There's descope, it doesn't alter your movement speed, and guns are highly accursate without it and zooming isn't needed for basic use, just for long range added accuracy.

>B-BUT 5'S ZOOM REDUCES SPREAD

so did zoom in past halo games

Attached: Halo zoom spread.webm (1152x648, 2.73M)

>no splitscreen
ew

So why even fucking change it

Oh, right, because 343i was more concerned with attracting younger players that didn't give a shit about Halo rather than making a game they knew fans wanted. They added all kinds of other nonsense like ground-pounds, thruster packs, clambering, etc. that simply do not mesh well with Halo's design goals and core gameplay for the same reasons. Halo 4 and 5 were the result of 343 attempting to sell Halo to people who weren't Halo fans. They had an early build of Halo 4 that played just like classic Halo, and scrapped it in favor of what we got.

It makes you levitate in the air when you activate it. H5 ADS is shit

Everything you complain about in Halo 5 can be turned off.

Reach absolutely will be. Also I just don't think they anticipated how awful getting everything up and running is. It's not just Reach right now, they have to lay the ground work for the UI too and everything integrating through it. That and Reach has no Xbone version at all to help with the port.

>Dude Halo 5 is good if you change literally everything and make it play like the Halo games that were actually good!

You can't turn shit like clambering off, you can't un-fuck base movement speed and map layout

Can't turn ADS off, can't turn scopes on, etc. etc.

Halo 5 is shit, deal with it.

>dude customs are the coolest shit but i don't want to play them when they don't support my argument
>You can't turn shit like clambering off
Yes you can.
>you can't un-fuck base movement speed and map layout
Yes you can.

No, you cannot

>customs
>online-only MP
Who fucking cares

>No, you cannot
Yes, you can.
>>customs
>>online-only MP
>Who fucking cares
>n-no that doesn't count!
You can host your own servers, and forge maps always ran like shit on splitscreen.

Attached: file.png (1059x457, 311K)

You can disable that in the setttings.

>lol cutting half the game's functionality is fine XD
>lol host a server so you can still not fucking play with your friends No, custom games do not count when EVERY OTHER GAME let you play both online AND offline and didn't lock ALL multiplayer behind the Live Gold paywall and having 2-4 fucking consoles and copies of the game.

It cost $1500+ for four people to play Halo together in the same room, and better hope your connection can handle all four consoles playing at the same time. It didn't even have fucking LAN. MS and 343 can go fuck themselves.

I'm hyped as fuck and I can't wait farm some killionaires off of all the pc scrubs

Imagine liking Halo 4/5, fucking shitty games.

Attached: 1410358142311.png (784x514, 288K)

Again
>Dude Halo 5 is good if you just turn literally everything off
Or I could just play any of the other games and also be able to play with people sitting next to me without them needing their own console, copy of the game, XBL sub and TV.

>and didn't lock ALL multiplayer behind the Live Gold paywall
You don't need gold to play on a local server.
Be honest, what is your ratio of playing custom games online vs on splitscreen? Provide proof if possible.

>>Dude Halo 5 is good if you just turn literally everything off
You have always had to tweak shit to make any Halo game playable.

Halo 5 isn't even that good if you turn everything off. The weapons are balanced around all the stupid shit you can do.

God Reach looked good.

How would you know? You've never played it, and are only now backpedaling after proving that you haven't.

fuck, i love reach

i miss the days when the flood were an enemy, the forerunners and their technology were mysterious and ancient, and the characters weren't annoying and they were limited to a only handful of them
3 should have been the end of it all, but money has to come before everything else. Nothing can be left alone anymore.

>Implying I even own an Xbone

If Halo 5 hadn't been online-only dogshit I'd have probably bought one, but MCC alone wasn't enough to justify owning that shitbox.

I bought the translucent green OG XB just for Halo CE and Halo 2 when it came out, I had dial-up internet until fucking 2006 so I literally only had the campaign and local MP to play, and I played the fuck out of it. I set up individual profiles for every skull in Halo 2 so I could just load it up and grab the skull every time I wanted to play with the effects on. I can't count how many hours were spent playing both CE and 2's campaign co-op and splitscreen MP, both alone and with friends.

Played the Halo 3 beta summer 2007, and it was a fucking blast. Couple friends went in on Crackdown just for the beta and we spent weeks playing, trading off if we had more than 2 people present. Didn't buy my own 360 until 2013, as Halo 3 was literally all I would have wanted for it at the time, and I had little interest in paying for XBLG. If I wanted to play locally I had plenty of friends who owned 360s and the game(s), we spent a lot of time with ODST and Reach's firefight modes. More recently I spent some time in Reach's forge making maps with friends and just fucking around on them locally. I have several friends who, if I had actually bought an Xbone, would have played MCC and 5 locally with me.

tl;dr: Stop defending the lack of splitscreen, you fucking insufferable cocksucking muppet.

lolno, fuck off with your revisionist "Its all bad so its okay!" nonsense

You're talking to more than one person, you cockgobbling sycophant.

>revisionist
You're free to think that, but let me remind you about BR/DMR starts, radar, or move speed in every Halo game past 2.
Why should I believe you?

I don't give a fuck, you can hand-wave it away and look like a stupid faggot if you want

>You're free to think that, but let me remind you about BR/DMR starts, radar, or move speed in every Halo game past 2.
Movement speed in Halo 1-Reach is relatively the same the biggest difference was FOV

3 and Reach fucked with the movement acceleration. While walking forward for long enough would cause the games roughly to match up, the strafes were horrid so faster move speed was necessary.
You're the one getting so angry at a video game you have never played.

I'm just gonna be forging up some dank Infection maps

>You have always had to tweak shit to make any Halo game playable.
Terrible cope right there. That's bullshit and you know it.

>Y-y-you disagree with me so you n-never p-played it!1!!1!
Not an argument, you insipid shitstain.

Played it for a couple hours, didn't feel like Halo, ADS was shit, clambering was shit, infinite sprint was shit.

Not disagreeing, but being so adamant that certain features simply don't exist.

Halo 2-3 fans deserve 343

I could forgive most of what the game did if it just had fucking splitscreen and local co-op.

But it doesn't, so its by default the worst Halo game.

Okay. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

>infinite
Why would you care bro i can just play the MCC until i die. Fuck 343 new bad old good unironically.

dsdsa

Alright Yea Forums, rank your favorite Halo books

fall of reach is the only one worth reading

You spelled Contact: Harvest wrong.

FoR > Ghosts of Onyx > Contact Harvest > First Strike > Evolutions = The Graphic Novel > Forerunner Trilogy (I try to overlook the lore rape) > Cole Protocol > The Flood
I didn't read any of the later shit. Is there anything enjoyable among 343's pile of aborted fanfics?

Attached: 1426979460364.jpg (1613x950, 138K)

sadsa

Troy Denning's books
Shadow of Intent (Joseph Staten)

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

based

Smartlink in Halo 5 increases accuracy. It's not like zoom.

Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely visually changed to attract cod/battlefieldfags, and I prefer the old scope style, I just think it's important to be intellectually honest, and that it IS still mechanically the same thing halo has always had.

>They added all kinds of other nonsense like ground-pounds, thruster packs, clambering, etc. that simply do not mesh well with Halo's design goals and core gameplay for the same reasons.

This is where I'll disagree with you: the thrusters, hover, slide, etc DOES work well with Halo's design goals: it adds new movement and platforming options, and an emphasis on platforming and map traversal has always been one of halo's most important design principals.

They aren't perfect but they aren't inherently un-halo like armor abilities and loadouts were. As notes though, the game's online only so even if I like the core gameplay it's not worth buying.

You can disable that. And the hover adds a bunch of skilljumps

So did zoom in past games, see the webm in

Silentium > Contact Harvest > Cryptum > Broken Circle > Last Light > Ghosts of Onyx > Evolutions > Primordium > Fall of Reach > Hunters in the Dark > First Strike > Cole Protocole > Glasslands > Thursday War > The Flood

Last Light and Broken Circle are great, around ghosts of onyx level quality.

>I try to overlook the lore rape

There's no lore rape in the forerunner novels, though?