It makes my heart tingle knowing that the hidden gem doom 3 is defended by many now

It makes my heart tingle knowing that the hidden gem doom 3 is defended by many now

Attached: fb1a527bf84329358b1732e0432e189a047117f2.jpg (616x353, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OQAd-HHdf1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the cycle of nearly any series. There's always a black sheep in the family.

The masses didnt dislike Doom 3, they just all agree that it made for a poor "DOOM" experience.

Same can be said a game like Zelda II. Good game, bad "Zelda" game.

Attached: 1564605429493.gif (477x348, 181K)

the multiplayer in doom 3 is good, like a quake 4 without a railgun. feels a lot like a party game which i really like, maps are teeny tiny. hell i dare say doom 3 is a better quake game than anything after quakeworld in this respect, not saying the others are even close to bad but rather they feel very different from the original
muffled screaming in the distance

the singleplayer is boring

quake 3 is definitely better than doom 3

Wasn't Zelda II well received until Ocarina of Time came out?

Doom 3 was fine desu. It got a bunch of shit for being so different but like the game itself was perfectly okay.

The biggest problem with Doom 3 is how all the re-releases let you use the flashlight and gun at the same time. It kinda ruins the design, the levels were created with the flashlight/gun trade off in mind and being able to use both just makes it play even more like a bland standard FPS.

Nah, I was more hype than anyone to see this come to Switch since it had been years since I played a 10 minute demo of it.
I was majorly disappointed once the demon invasion began, just a shitty house of the dead wannabe, game should have been an on-rails spinoff, got damn

can't decide between Switch and PS4 Pro

Acquire shotgun>crouch>shoot>move>crouch>shoot>move>crouch>shoot>move

There was far worse with 7th gen that were just as ambitious. Doom 3 had a great team behind it so at the very least it played and performed well but was scrutinized becuase it changed the Run and Gun Unbridled Slaughter for a more Horror Themed setting which slowed the game down significantly from the Run and Gun mad-dash to the end room from Doom 1/2. Look at something like Turok Evolution that tried to reboot it's franchise but suffered from Game-breaking bugs, horrid design choices like those Pterodactyl levels and Lack of Checkpoint system coupled with Merciless Difficulty spikes and Bugs on top of the already mediocre "Origin Story" for The Son of Stone and you have the makings for a truly horrible revival.

Is the multiplayer active in the rereleases

>Doom 3
>hidden gem
The only thing I think 3 does really well is the sense of immersion created by the game's atmosphere and how you progress through the game's setting. Combat-wise it's a bit of a subpar shooter.

Vanilla or bfg?

Vanilla.

>describing nearly all shooters
hurrrr get gun shoot enemy move shoot enemy xD

My only actual problem with Doom 3 is needing unlimited stamina to be a minimum

I loved it since release. until recently you could hardly mention it without 50 faggots flying off the handle because every map wasn't a labyrinth where you spend two hours wandering past demon corpses looking for a hidden switch

>every map wasn't a labyrinth where you spend two hours wandering past demon corpses looking for a hidden switch
Why are you confusing classic Doom for Hexen.

He's an insecure faggot mad people don't share his nostalgia over a game he played as a child

It is, was, and always will be a better game than Half-Life 2.

BFG.

>Same can be said a game like Zelda II. Good game, bad "Zelda" game.
Except there was no set standard for Zelda when II came out.

I love the atmosphere/environments in Doom 3.
youtube.com/watch?v=OQAd-HHdf1c
I particularly love the areas where Hell starts seeping into the techbase. Wish the game played more like Wolf 2009 or Fear, though.

Only trolls hate it anyway. Doom 3 did it differently and did it well. Until the BFG edition fucked it up that is

it was a good game but not a good doom game

I actually bought it on release and hated it.

3spooky4me

black screen.jpg

neither

>worse lighting
>lower res textures
>game is made easier due to added health and ammo everywhere
>controversial addition of shoulder light; no option to play game like original released
>some enemy encounters are screwed up due to bugged scripting
>not as mod friendly as vanilla
If you have a choice between vanilla or BFG, you go with vanilla.

>worse lighting
Lighting was shit in both
>lower res textures
There's a mod that fixes that
>game is made easier due to added health and ammo everywhere
Doom has always been easy also more ammo for shooting demons
>controversial addition of shoulder light; no option to play game like original released
It was dumb as fuck to have to switch between weapons and flashlight anyway. Would rather always see what im shooting then fumbling in the dark like a retard
>some enemy encounters are screwed up due to bugged scripting
never had this problem
>not as mod friendly as vanilla
this is true

hot take

I thought the atmosphere was pretty kino. The datalogs were fun to read too if I'm remembering right.

>Lighting was shit in both
Awful opinion.
>There's a mod that fixes that
Or you could just play the version that doesn't require a mod.
>more ammo for shooting demons
This would make sense of the enemy count was also increased, but it wasn't, so it's just a change that just casualizes the game for the console crowd.
>Would rather always see what im shooting then fumbling in the dark like a retard
The point is that they didn't offer a way to play game like originally envisioned. Just another forced change that makes the game even easier again.
>never had this problem
You wouldn't notice it because it causes certain enemies to either just not appear, or appear later than intended. It shouldn't be a thing, though.

Again if you have a choice, just go with vanilla. There's no reason to go with the console port of a pc game, especially if you're planning to play it on pc anyway.

If it was a good game and it was a Doom game, then it was a good Doom game. This is the stupidest fucking opinion you can have, especially in a series where Doom 4 wasn't like Doom 3 at all.

>If it was a good game and it was a Doom game, then it was a good Doom game.
It doesn't play anything like the preceeding Doom games, though. So no, it's not a good Doom game. It's a horror-focused shooter that happens to have Doom in the title. Not sure why this concept is so hard for simpletons on this board to understand.