Whatever happened to Scalebound?

Last I heard there was rumors of Nintendo pulling a Bayonetta 2 with it. That was a while ago though.
General Scalebound / vidya dragon thread otherwise.

Attached: scalebound-key-art-horizontal.jpg (2400x1350, 606K)

Those rumors have since been put to rest. The IP is dead in the water.

Is Trico technically a dragon?

Shit idea bound to die. Having a game where you rely upon an AI to continue combos with you is already a disaster waiting to happen. Throw in some co-op and it's completely doomed.

DMC5 pulled it off well. But itsuno is ten times more competent than Kamiya.

What if it was made into a forced co-op game? On the Switch given it has the "Two joycon play" ""feature"" I could see that gaining some traction if they pulled a Mother 3 and downgraded the graphics to make it run better.

>DMC5 pulled it off well.

Attached: 768747467.png (640x640, 456K)

Would’ve been better if it retained the idea of the little girl with the dragon from back when it was a Wii game. Make her a mage or something if she needs to be a more active combatant.

Platinum has never made a good game

scalebound was development hell. it was a great example of what happens when scope and requirements are continually being shifted. I don't have a source, but someone posted the source before where microsoft straight fucked platinum with one of the cinematic trailers. it had all kinds of elements that platinum did not intend to have, and that microsoft had never requested before.

Attached: 1550575545303.jpg (1200x675, 147K)

Well shit.

>Platinum has never made a good gam-

Attached: The Wonderful 101.jpg (600x826, 617K)

>kamiyafags constantly bitch about NGBs camera but will ignore the goddawful minigame cameras that are borderline unplayable in W101

Attached: Brazil.jpg (970x595, 296K)

The lead producer on the project that had worked for Platinum for multiple projects including Anarchy Reigns, W101, and others already said that was bullshit retard.

Well this thread didn't last.

Platinum wanted a deadline extension and Microsoft wanted it out immediately. Microsoft can't manage dev studios for shit, SoT and SoD2 also released at least a year earlier than they should have.

>Whatever happened to Scalebound

Attached: 1560216482666.png (474x477, 216K)

>Get 4 years to make a game when you are a studio well known for putting out games in a short period of time
>Game looks like shit after 4 years of dev time
>Director says they are more than happy to work with Microsoft again after despite having a penchant for shitting on people who fuck him over
>Lead producer consistantly shoots down theories that they were pushed to include features they didn't want to
I'm sure they're just lying, and that a game where you rely on the AI to do half the gameplay works fine, just ask John Romero, creator of the massive hit Daikatana.

Platinum speaking like a video game dev is proof of nothing but that they are a video game dev. Also I said nothing about features.

It really didn't look that good, especially with that awkward 4 player co-op and braindead looking boss fight

The framerate always looked pretty rough in the footage shown.
I'm not exactly thrilled about the prospect of how downgraded it would've looked on Switch.

Good game ideas get cancelled for two reasons, the devs are unable and incompetent, or the idea is a shitty idea that is borderline impossible to realize. Is Platinum incompetent? No, obviously not. Now show me a game that relies on an actually dynamic AI to act in sync with you in combat and if they die you die that isn't a total shitshow. If the idea is great why has literally every other publisher who has backed platinum with full faith like Nintendo passed on the idea? Not to mention that the people at MS who were in charge of dealing with Scalebound were Joe Staten and Ken Lobb who were able to deal with the clusterfuck that was Halo 2s development and pull through and another guy who is pretty seasoned in dealing with Japanese dev teams. All signs point to the core idea being a doomed concept.

Attached: 1200px-Surströmming.jpg (1200x900, 232K)