Why are there no other games with this kind of atmosphere?

Why are there no other games with this kind of atmosphere?
I love to see these overgrown old ruins that clearly belonged to a different kind of civilization but you can't really trace back what exactly it must have been like.

The only other game that comes close to being as mystical as these two in atmosphere is Rain World, i think.
BOTW came close in some parts, like that overgrown dragon ruin with the spring in the tropical zone.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1080x1243, 396K)

another world
inside

Reim

>girlfriend gets ritualistically sacrificed
>get duped into freeing an ancient evil to save her by soloing giants
>faggot shamans from your tribes condemn your actions even though they likely were the ones who killed your girlfriend
>get your soul dragged to hell and the shamans all get out clean
>some remnant of you is turned into an actual baby
he had a hard life

no
no

First Nier has a similar tone

Agreed

Ahem.

Attached: Riven Cinegrid.jpg (1200x773, 142K)

Matthewmatosis got me somewhat interested in these games, but i can't really imagine a point and click puzzling adventure being fun or interesting.

Dumb zoomer

>but i can't really imagine a point and click puzzling adventure being fun or interesting.
This is an 18+ website.

breath of the wild
no joke

sorry, grandpa, it's 2019 and people 20 years younger than you are in their mid twenties

Journey
Rime
The Last Gurdian (obviously)
There’s not a whole lot because good atmosphere requires skill, and modern developers would rather just get sales by pandering instead (SJW propaganda for western games, anime tits for japanese games)

like i said BOTW had some moments like that but as a whole it never really stuck because there just weren't enough interesting structures to explore and discover

>SJW propaganda for western games
You're thinking of Japanese games.

Attached: SJW Japan.jpg (2257x2989, 1.36M)

Rime, Journey, Inside, Another World all have "atmosphere"
But the atmosphere is nowhere even similar.
Last Guardian has somewhat similar atmosphere to Ico and SotC but it's a bit stunted by the generic impressionist soundtrack that feels very contemporary and therefore out of place for me.

Xenoblade X is somewhat similar. Aside from the city area.

>yfw you realize that you are too cumbersome to smash the elder and his entourage into paste and they're gonna escape

Horizon Zero Dawn

journey is trash. its not atmospheric. akin to the average shitty indie animation that looks like boring vector art.

The Last Guardian is unironically better than both of Ueda's original games