Asking for tips and opinion

Well i'm started to play dragon quest IX for DS but is my first time playing a game like this Any tips

Attached: images (8).jpg (580x523, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/barronwaffles/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a real good game that deserves to be ported forward.

Always make sure to scrape everywhere and focus on getting material drops and such. Keep a balanced party, once it becomes available, and just enjoy the game.

Take it slow, enjoy the ride.
It's a good game.

Attached: 1448128162168.gif (499x374, 1018K)

go ask the guys over at the general

Is this actually good? I've never played any Dragon Quest but I'm playing SMT: Strange Journey right now and I'm itching for more nip stuff on the DS. Also have Chrono Trigger downloaded.

I play the SUPEROOR SERIES SHENMUETAMITENSEIIII LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER TASTE AND THEREFORE I AK THEN YOUOU

Attached: Smtjack.png (1295x1617, 1.77M)

Attached: 1564197949118.jpg (651x756, 96K)

Don't post here if you're under 18

This but literally unironically

Hehehe quirky ANIME POST! I HAVE THE SUPERIOR TASTE IN ANIME. WHILE YOU LIKE BLACK SHITTER. I PREFER REAL ART LIKE JoJo bizarre adventure.

Attached: The_90s_1.png (987x1152, 871K)

imho DQ becomes more comfy in proportion to your level of autism.
A solid ut classic Adventure where everything goes as it should.

Attached: 1558107842601.png (784x1016, 218K)

Attached: 20190805122609_1.jpg (1280x720, 269K)

The only one sperging out here is you dude

(You).

Play a real JRPG.

It’s good but easily the worst of all the DQ games playable on the DS, so IV, V and VI are better.

It’s very comfy and charming, plus the music is great.

stop, put it down, and play DQ11 instead. It's MUCH more beginner friendly and approachable for a DQ game.

Afterwards, feel free to jump into DQ9 with all your newfound knowledge and your enjoyment of the game and the series overall will increase substantially. Enjoy!

Attached: 1520239907278.png (900x1000, 442K)

Dumb anime poster.
Go the fuck away and tell him to play a real JRPG like SMT.

The only advise i can give is don't sell any alchemy ingredients ever and grab all alchemy ingredients in your path whenever avaliable

But what if he doesn’t like your discount Pokemon but with edgy demons? Cope

Then he doesn't like JRPGs.

Enjoy yourself and remember to charge your DS.

Have sex

Pick a class that learns shields and grind up the skill points till you can max it out. That way you can use shields for every class.

>It's MUCH more beginner friendly and approachable for a DQ game.
DQ9 is already easymode as it is except for maybe post game content

There are story quests locked behind online for some reason, so try to grab a full save file or cheat codes for the complete experience

but DQ11 is really even moreso. DQ9 was my first DQ game, and after playing it and 11, I really wish I had had the chance to play 11 first due to how much more accessible it was

Whatever you play, don't start with 7 and avoid 8 (it's a snoozefest).

What's the hardest DQ or JRPG?

It's a decent game, which is enough to make it the best Dragon Quest entry. The series is pretty terrible for the most part.

Get a friend. My friend and I played the shit out of this during High School. I'll never be able to relive that ;_;

Go to sleep barry.

Oof, you mentioned JoJo, thread is over, their inferiority complex will make them shitpost about their gay Naruto for the rest of the thread.

The hardest DQ will probably the very first becouse of things like healing spells/herbs missing

dragon quest in general is pretty bare bones as far as JRPGs go, so if straight forward mechanics are your thing give it a shot

Attached: 1551465780972.jpg (512x512, 38K)

Gladiator is op as fuck, unlock that class asap. Oh and swap out of minstrel, it kind of sucks.

Attached: 7485464658.jpg (400x272, 41K)

Or use the minstrel to get easy skill points and put them to the weapons he wants.

Gladitor/beserker with a sword at max tension can attack 8 times in a turn, all crits.
One shotting bosses.
It's a lot of fun.

Does DQ11 change your appearance based on which equipment you're wearing?

with certain equipment sets, yes. But not all equipment

Use this if you play on real cartridge and have no way/refuse to use cheats to unlock the hidden content behind wifi.
github.com/barronwaffles/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

how do you use cheats for a ds game, twilight menu?

9 and 10 are the only ones with absolute appearance customization
>10 never ever ever

Doesn't make any sense to me, you'd think they'd keep that feature for the foreseeable future considering how straightforward DQ games already are, it's not like the protagonists are these beacons of personality

even builders 2 has it

Idk nowadays, but back in nds days, we used flashcart or save editor.

Oh shit really? Character customization in RPGs is a huge plus for me, might need to go and pick it up now

I just meant that your armor always changes your appearance, you can't really customize what your guy looks like beyond their hair colour

But DQ1 had both of those.