AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2002

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2002
WHEN THE FUCK WILL BE "NEXT MISSION"?!

Attached: b1p6xevxwf921[1].jpg (2576x1932, 454K)

September Direct

Which metroid is best to start with? I understand they have a pretty loose continuity/world so it's not a huge deal ,right?

Zero Mission is the first game chronologically and is also the easiest game to start with.

Zero Mission or Fusion probably. Both are great games.

Fusion

>I understand they have a pretty loose continuity/world
You understand wrong. Metroid has the strongest continuity of all of Nintendo's IPs. Zero Mission is where you want to start to make sense of the story.

Super Metroid IMO

Samus Returns just came out, boyo

>"Samus Returns just came out, boyo"
>made by a third party
>a remake, not Metroid 5

Hi, just passing by to say i actually enjoyed Other M.

Don't @me

>36%
shitter

>i actually enjoyed Other M

Attached: 1498935199686.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

I think I've exhausted most of the good Metroid romhacks out there. Rankings below.

1. Hyper Metroid
2. Super Metroid Zero Mission
3. Metroid Eris
4. Phazon Metroid
Power Gap
5. Dog shit
6. Metroid Redesign

Any major ones I've missed that are worth a playthrough?

>36%
You don't get another mission.

zero mission
it's noob friendly, it's pretty close to the style of the other most popular ones (super, prime), it's the start of the series chronologically.

>no post Fusion game
>no vampire (metroid) Samus using those arm teeth to suck life energy from her prey

Am2r obviously, if you count it

Fusion is shit

Redesign really isn't that bad, I think. Unless you somehow managed to play one of the early versions of it.

I mean technically that's not a romhack, but whatever.

>Metroid Redesign is the worst
Fuck I agree so much. Why does everyone feel the need to make every hack some uberhard experience and every time their justification is "But muh challenge!". Nothing about it was fun when other hacks manage to be much more creative.
>any major ones I've missed
Try Ice Metal. I think that's what it's called.

She's no longer part Metroid after absorbing the SA-X.

Attached: Metroid-Prime-4-Retro-Studios-660x371.jpg (660x371, 31K)

Super Metroid

I'm playing Other M right now and it's not as bad as I recall. Jumping on enemy heads and blasting them point blank is pretty fun.

Airy
Escape II
Ice Metal Uninstall
Oxide
Z-Factor
And, well, there's Darkholme Hospital if you like horror, but it's fairly straightforward and enemies are absolute bullet sponges, so your mileage may vary.

Just noticed the blue cloud looks like an svastika. What did Nintendo/Retro mean by this?

Obviously they're signalling that it's gamers' time to rise up.
just in case you're actually fucking retarded, screwattack. I know it's pr obably a joke but i've seen some real dipshits on Yea Forums.

Holy fucking shit, me too! I mean, it wasn't my favorite Metroid, but I did enjoy it more than Metroid & Metroid II.

I know you are correct but thats bullshit.

This, TGAs 2019, January 2020, or E3 2020.