I don't get it. I played the Rare games, played the Nintendo ones (obviously) and even the Goemon games

I don't get it. I played the Rare games, played the Nintendo ones (obviously) and even the Goemon games.

Where are the games on this thing? Why did people like it so much? The PS1 and Saturn were so much better.

Attached: no games 64.jpg (2048x1536, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O75pBAYdJDQ?t=316
youtu.be/4mpD0xXqRg8?t=202
youtube.com/watch?v=MGFTJxLriB0
gameinformer.com/games/demons_souls/b/ps3/archive/2009/11/05/feature-demon-s-souls-director-discusses-difficulty-sequels-and-more.aspx
web.archive.org/web/20161005123700/http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/dark-souls-creator-miyazaki-on-zelda-sequels-w443435
youtube.com/watch?v=oRfTvQOi_P0
youtube.com/watch?v=-GnUZ_BtUnE
youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2Vb1t1-Js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

N64 is a console whose userbase deluded themselves that crap such as quest64 was not mediocre at best

They liked it because they didn't have a PS1, thus lacked perspective of just how many games a console could have.

quest 64 is genuinely awful and the fact it gets seriously recommended is a testament to how barren the 64 library was. Same with pokemon stadium.

CITIZEN, YOU ARE NOT FIT FOR CAPITALISM. REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST DORITOSTATION FOR PROCESSING.

>I don't get it. I played the Rare games, played the Nintendo ones (obviously) and even the Goemon games.
Where is your proof bro? how am I supposed to believe youre not lying? do you actually play video games?

the 64 being a waste of time is self-evident

>N64 da best mann
>Come över to the guy all they play is Pokémon Snap

>the 64 is so shitty it's 1 (one) rail shooter doesn't even have a light gun to back it up
god it's pathetic. Put the shitty4 out of its misery.

errr

and what exactly did you play on psshit and saturn?

A lot.

Attached: sega saturn list.jpg (1952x8110, 3.91M)

N64 kids at my school truly believed that Mission Impossible was this amazing game

the metal gear solid killer they called it.

so which did you play from those

What is up with all these anti N64 threads lately.

>meanwhile at PS1, this, Time Crisis, and everything else Namco wants to bring over from arcades

Attached: ps1_point_blank_p_0ey1b8.jpg (300x300, 43K)

>why did a 3D console at the beginning of the 3D era have such an impact? me no understand!

moron

All of them

Point Blank 1-3 are fantastic.

former neogaf/resetera users get bored and create these threads often

>Sonic 3D Blast
there are some good games here but this is reaching rather hard

N64>ps1

Ps1 is a shitty over hyped ps2 prototype

What impact? Ape Escape is a better game than anything on the N64.

hmm

>baku baku, cyber speedway, decathlete

damn those are truly gems
I have them btw and yet I prefer the N64 for some reason

why don't you go back to faggotera
time to dialate!

First of all the 64 had a barren library that always made itself very apparent and, "why did people like it so much"? The PS1 was the undisputed champion during then.

Ps1 is genuinely a better sequel to SNES than N64 ever was

>he never played baku baku and decathlete
take a shower stinky.

N64 library has aged like milk.

>trannie getting upset can't read

I literally did
>I have them btw

I had mario 64, ocarina, rogue squadron, lylat wars, goldeneye, donkey kong 64, pokemon stadium and a formula 1 game. my parents didn't buy me a ton of games and usually I only played the N64 during holidays, rest of the time I had to settle for a gameboy
when you're a dumb little kid who doesn't get to play very often you don't need a gajillion games, and you truly cherish what few games you have

N64 was FPSes, wrestling games, racing games, 3D platformers, Nintendo, Rare, and Midway.

If you don't like the games in those categories then it's probably not for you, because there's not much else on it.

the ps1 had all of those except for nintendo (obviously) and rare, and it also had all the genres that the nogaems 64 was missing.

>milk
>released in 210,000,000 BC
>still popular in 2019 AD
damn, milk aged pretty well didn't it? anyway N64 games actually did age pretty well, they aren't bogged down by hideously loading issues like their competition was. The only real problem the n64 had was a drastic lack of RPGs, outside of Paper Mario, Ogre Battle, and Aidyn Chronicles there were basically 0.

>PS1
>3D platformers
>FPSes
fucking kek, pick 1.

youtu.be/O75pBAYdJDQ?t=316
youtu.be/4mpD0xXqRg8?t=202
Miyamoto is a hack

The 64 didn't even have the best FPS of the generation.

Attached: Nade_Jumps.webm (560x404, 2.97M)

Nothing on the N64 even gets close.

Attached: this kills the shitty4.jpg (300x300, 39K)

what in the hell was the point of this post? you post two completely unrelated videos then make an unrelated statement to cap it off.

doesnt n64 only have like 100 games? Mostly nintendo stuff thats on it

>3D platformers
spyro, crash, jumping flash, ape escape, etc.
>FPSes
quake 2, powerslave, alien resurrection, medal of honor, etc.

>Doom clone # 1001

When Phantom Ganondorf is hit, he uses the same audio clip from Mace: the Dark Age. Mace: 1997. Ocarina: 1998.

sorta, 1 in every 5 N64 games is a racer. You probably don't think about the sega master system much, it's a neat system with cool arcade style games like rescue mission and some nice RPGs like phantasy star, but it's not really worth too much of your time. Unlike the master system however, you've probably played all the n64 games worth your time. Having a master system instead of an NES at the time must have been hard, but few people were in this situation. Having an N64 instead of a PS1 or Saturn is the same as having an SMS instead of an NES.

Attached: console library size.png (683x490, 19K)

>clone
you mean metroid prime inventer

>one decent (not even great just decent) 3d platformer released near the end of the systems life
>somehow makes up for a total lack of good 3d platformers
shit by that logic the N64 was an amazing system for RPGs, after all it got three whole RPGs near the end of it's life.

>Super Mario 64
>Ocarina of Time
>Majora's Mask
>Banjo Kazooie
>Paper Mario
>Super Smash Bros
>Mario Kart 64
>Goldeneye

oh the shittiest zelda clone ever

hercules is miles better lmao

What an amazing, deep, involved action RPG worth the decades of critical acclaim it got.

Attached: 1523222249408.png (112x112, 17K)

>the only argument sonybros have is "but the PS1 had a lot more games"
quality over quantity, faggots.

no, you're thinking of the divide: enemies within.

>decent
>better than the entire 64 library
Nintendo must have been bashing their head when they saw the brilliance of ape escape.

the sound effect is similar but it's not the same.

It's a party console. Notice the 4 controller ports.
For that reason alone, it hasn't aged well and neither have you

the nogaems 64 had neither.

not first person

cruisin USA
blast corps
bomberman 64
hybrid heaven
star wars shadows of the empire
star wars episode 1 pod racer

ya'll forgetting some fucking classics

>296 in USA

don't trust neogaf numbers senpai

ask the countless devs who tried to copy or were at least massively influenced by mario 64 or ocarina

shit have you actually played ape escape in the last 20 years?
youtube.com/watch?v=MGFTJxLriB0
it's slow as shit. literally every 3d platformer on the n64 shits all over it. Mario, Banjo, Chameleion Twist. all had faster more exciting gameplay.

no one likes quest 64

yep
it's literal shit

but trannies have a fetish with the playstation button prompts

>chameleon twist is better
>the shitty mechanical game play of banjo is better
mario 64 get close to being a tie.

>those physics
christ was every surface in that game coated with a layer of ice?

Because you're not a child experiencing new things for the first time and not having sleepovers where you stay up too late playing multiplayer games with your best friend. Is it really that hard to understand?

Attached: 18662ac962cf854c42a35876790707e8.jpg (500x268, 8K)

As a rule of thumb I avoid any PC game with Playstation prompts

man, you've got some serious delusion. Jumping Flash and Spyro are the only decent 3d games on the ps1, Ape escape is nostalgia trash.

I dunno OP, maybe you're a zoomer. I had the N64 and a PS1, and I spent equal amounts of time on both. M64, BK, GE, MK64, OoT, MM, DKR, etc. N64 was the superior console for adventure/action games and platforming.
However PS1 owned the 64 when it came to RPGs especially, totally destroyed it in that regard. But even back then I was rich/smart enough to be an idort. In fact everybody I knew had both consoles, so consolewar faggotry was unheard of. Then Nintendo dropped the ball with the Gamecube and most people went with the PS2, which actually was the obviously superior console.

You would be very surprised.

>w-why doesn't the right stick control the camera?
lol

sure, but then look at all the devs who were influenced by ff7 and mgs. then once you consider that the ps1 actually had a library beyond the classics, it's not even a contest.

We're still feeling the impacts of games like MGS and FF7. When was the last time a game was inspired by Mario 64? the mediocre indie hat in time or the shit yooka laylee? The 6th generation before that?

>lol
Dude look at the gameplay and compare to something like banjo. if you can't see which one has aged better than you've got serious nostalgia goggles on.

This. Zelda and Mario were nice but after playing the ps1 on a friend house I looked at my n64 with shame and disdain.

>When was the last time a game was inspired by Mario 64?
well, nintendo's still rehashing it to this day, so there's that.

It's no secret 3d platformers are a dead genre, but we still see tons of games that were inspired by OoT and Goldeneye. so it's not like the n64 didn't have a legacy.

>When was the last time a game was inspired by Mario 64
Literally every single 3D game exists thanks to Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

>d-dude look
I'd rather just play it. Banjo is good for a single play through, after that how much more can you be interested in a game where all its challenges boil down to the video game equivalent of pic related?

let's be honest, the newest mario games have more in common with utter shit like sunshine rather than 64.

>Having an N64 instead of a PS1 or Saturn is the same as having an SMS instead of an NES.
Sleepovers with 3 other friends were only tolerable because of the N64. The Rare shooters and Mario Kart took the edge off some really long hours after school just because neighborhood kids would drop by to play on a whim without having to wait a turn. It's like a house could be a local arcade for the cul-de-sac with just that console and a couple games if you had all the controllers needed.

PS1 was for otakus and sports game enthusiasts. Later, Xbox became a staple since the PS2 was still just as barren of party and co-op games as its predecessor.
Sony never got the party formula right. Everything multiplayer on their consoles were reactionary me-too answers to titles their competitors had out for 2 or more years already, and they never followed up with quality sequels.

this is delusional

>when you forget the pic related

Attached: banjo kazooty game play.jpg (425x425, 15K)

>rehash
I fucking wish nintendo rehashed half as much as retards say they do. it took us 15 years to get a new 3d mario like the last good one (sunshine) because of their obsession with changing things up we got a decade of garbage like Galaxy and 3d land.

I'm sorry zoomer, but Dark Souls is literally inspired by OoT. Just one obvious example.
FF7 inspired JRPGs and MGS was the beginning of cinematic/movie games, both consoles influenced plenty. Whereas the current gen is creatively bankrupt.

sunshine in and of itself was a rehash of 64 with a gimmick. the only 3d mario games that haven't rehashed 64 are 3d land and 3d world.

/thread

I wanna FUCK that flattie.

Attached: 7395787.png (531x600, 167K)

sunshine is a simplification of 64. They wanted to make the formula easier to understand. Galaxy is the simplification truly taking hold.

Dark Souls has more in common with kings field and castlevania than it does macarena of time.

>Sony never got the party formula right.
the ps1 had plenty of good party games. team buddies, trap gunner, poy poy, crash bash, point blank, etc. not to mention all the fighting games it had.

kek why do you add stutters to your quotes? makes you sound retarded desu.

dark souls has its roots in games that predate oot, such as shadow tower, king's field and ultima underworld.

More in comon the Xanadu & Brandish PC98 series than freaking OoT lmao

>If there are similarities, they probably stem from the fact that The Legend of Zelda became a sort of textbook for 3D action games.
that quote is from an interview with the creator of dark souls, where he tries to downplay the comparison between his game and zelda because he feels like he's not worthy of the comparison.

Kek, you non-idort zoomers sure enjoy defending your one and only console experience and corporate overlords.

And he concedes, just like that. Pathetic weeb.

He just didn't want to name drop the truth that Ocarina of Time is just a mediocre MNSG rip-off.

you buy an n64 if you have friends

you won't get much enjoyment out of it otherwise, but there are a bunch of ps1 ports on it that are surprisingly better (unless you have a dreamcast)

Ignore Miyazaki himself then, zoomer

sunshine is 64 with proto-splatoon mechanics.
galaxy is 64 with waggle gimmicks and sonic adventure 2's gravity/planets/space shit.
odyssey is 64 with kirby's copy abilities gimmick and an ubishit open world.
as always, it's just nintendo rehashing while distracting people with shiny new gimmicks.

It doesn't matter because at the time PC completely shitted on n64, saturn, and psx

>doubt

Completely anecdotal, but no one I knew had those games for their PS1. It was THPS / BMX, various Maddens and NHL titles, plenty of racing sims, Spyro, Crash, and MGS. When anyone wanted 4-player party games, they looked for the colorful kid stuff which was obviously Nintendo's angle.

There also wasn't any console rivalry at my middle school, so PS1, Saturn / DC, and N64 guys all just played together and pooled resources. This caused me to believe I might have been raised in an idyllic bubble or simulation, or alternatively everyone that is blowing the console wars out of proportion and it's just a nostalgia war anymore.

in miyazaki's own words:
>King's Field definitely influenced the ideas behind Demon's Souls
gameinformer.com/games/demons_souls/b/ps3/archive/2009/11/05/feature-demon-s-souls-director-discusses-difficulty-sequels-and-more.aspx

>sunshine is a simplification of 64. They wanted to make the formula easier to understand
How could Mario 64 get any simpler?
>dude run around and jump and get the stars
It's as simple as a 3D platformer can possibly be

That's why the industry is so shit now, instead of being influenced by fallout and thief, they were influenced by console games

What was on ps1 that I should play? Theres not a single game I’m interested in save for the Nintendo-like titles like Spyro and Crash

how do you explain all the 3d games that existed before mario 64 and oot, then?

>It's as simple as a 3D platformer can possibly be
It needed to be easier, with more crutches. And to justify them space everything out more so the challenges are no longer tight and interesting.

Start with Omegaboost which is nothing like what you'll get on a nintendo console. Then rising zan.

Omegaboost looks an awful lot like star fox

How?

I laughed so much at the bent graphics when I've played in a PS1 for the first time at friends house

he got a N64 after that kek

Stupid zoomer
>web.archive.org/web/20161005123700/http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/dark-souls-creator-miyazaki-on-zelda-sequels-w443435
By claiming only King's Field influenced him you've touted yourself, good job.

Stadium and Stadium 2 are really fun if you're actually a fan of the series and want to challenge yourself with rental Pokemon but other than that all you really have are the minigames from 2.

absolute crap fake 3d games like Bug!

Sonic R is reaching even harder.

They really aren't worth mentioning.

I don't see how Nintendo's first entries into 3D Pokemon aren't worth mentioning. There's quite a bit of work put into the games, especially Stadium 2.

Because they're glorified pokemon rbygs accessories.

Zoom zoom

you can play the games just fine without the transfer pack.

things that never happened

Only delusional burgers had a hard on for this thing.
I agree, it had few goat games. But Sony pushed tech much farther, was a real next big thing. Library was immense and appealed to virtualy every audience. Hell, even Saturn was much more interesting, a real wierdo machine. N64 couldnt decide how far to jump into next gen.
Although, some games due to genius design transcended the console itself.

pokemon is for kids.

but now you can play them with a shitty controller and on your TV. And battle your friends in 3D.
youtube.com/watch?v=oRfTvQOi_P0

It's an accessory.

You're welcome!

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2
Army Men: Air Combat
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Doom 64
Extreme G
Extreme G2
Goemon
Hybrid Heaven
Knife Edge: Nosegunner
Lode Runner 3D
Mischief Makers
Ogre BattleL Person of Lordly Caliber
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Robotron
Shadow Man
Shadowgate: Trials of the Four Towers
Sin & Punishment
Space Station Silicon Valley
Spiderman
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Star Wars: Episode 1 Battle For Naboo
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2L Seeds of Evil
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
Turok: Rage Wars
WCW/NWO Revenge
Winback: Covert Operations
Wonder Project J2
WWF No Mercy

Fuck anyone who says Quest 64 is good. That game is trash.

>having the audacity to say this
They surely polished some mechanics at the time, but come the fuck on, mario64 and oot didnt invent 3d adventure games.

PlayStation had a LOT of hot garbage, though. I hardly knew anyone with a PlayStation who had anything worth playing. Just a bunch of shitty movie franchise and pop culture games. Everything that can be said about the Wii can be said about the original PlayStation. That is not to say there weren't a lot of good games, but there were a lot of good games for N64 too. Let's face it, though. You're just desperate to shit on it because it's not what you liked

It’s blown out of proportion, no one gave a shit about corporate bootlicking as a form of baiting when they were a kid. You played what was in the area and didn’t think twice about it.

Attached: 29598c6d5e8f88a380c63263c87a0f0e.jpg (720x708, 75K)

verb
(especially of a car or aircraft) move or travel very quickly.

(of a camera) change smoothly from a long shot to a close-up or vice versa.

noun
a camera shot that changes smoothly from a long shot to a close-up or vice versa.

exclamation
used to express sudden fast movement.

>pokemon is for kids
wow....fuck you got me there

Attached: 1564710217347.jpg (500x450, 34K)

>Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time didn't impact video games
>Ape Escape!

How retarded are you?

Thats the point. It appealed to literally everyone. For every star wars and 101dalmation game it had mgs, medievil, tekken, ridge racer, medal of honor, syphon filter, gta, final fantasy, legacy of kain, diablo, doom, vagrant story, crash etc.

>impact means it's good
gobble up your DLC pajeet

he's a Sony fanboy. The depth of his retardation is unfathomable

>PS1
Lots of great games from a huge variety of genres.
>N64
Great games from Nintendo and some from third party. Not nearly as many great games as PS1, but more than enough to keep anyone satisfied throughout its lifecycle.
>Saturn
Sega completely botched it with the exclusives. It didn't even get a new mainline Sonic game. Outside of rare gems like Panzer Dragoon Saga, it's a shitshow. Third party, especiallly arcade ports which were often better than the PS1 counterparts, saved the Saturn from having a completely worthless library, but it's still the weakest of the three, effectively killing the Dreamcast and anyone's hype for Sega's return to relevance after the 32x and SegaCD debacles.

Attached: MediEvil-PS4-Remake-NEWS-release-date-updates-for-Sony-s-next-PlayStation-1-remaster-684221.jpg (620x420, 50K)

>Everything that can be said about the Wii can be said about the original PlayStation.
you mean besides the fact that the ps1 had tons of great games while the wii had very few.

What are you smoking? Is almost universally agreed that Quest 64 is trash, unless you are taking the Yea Forums contrarian opinion as the "general" opinion on that game.

Go outside and ask normies, search for reviews and YouTube reviews of 10 years ago and almost everyone agree that that game is bad.

Attached: Screenshot_20190805-134023.png (1080x1920, 128K)

>You're just desperate to shit on it because it's not what you liked
Maybe. But ps1 had a lot more of variety.

>ask normies
will they even remember what Quest 64 is?

You don't know shit about the Saturn.

Attached: P_20181214_215522_vHDR_On.jpg (2448x3264, 2.66M)

Not an argument.

vib ribbon

You need to present an argument to argue against first. You don't know shit about the Saturn.

Attached: P_20190527_151748.jpg (3264x2448, 2.06M)

All the games everyone liked were on the 64. PS1 has nothing memorable

No one likes Quest 64.
Well aside from probably sonyfags, for some reason they're jealous of it.

SF Rush (PSX port is an absolute joke)
Rush 2 (N64 exclusive without a single rerelease)
San Francisco Rush 2049 on 64 had better music selection and more vehicle customization than the Dreamcast version, albeit lower sound and graphical quality.

desu if you only play one genre of video game (especially niche shit like JRPGs) every console is shit, but the N64's just got a really thin library in general. stuff that was big at the time it has a lot of, so mostly racers and shooters. Top Gear Rally 1 and 2 is solid, as is the Extreme-G series.

Attached: everytime.webm (1024x768, 2.68M)

>130 replies
>41 ips
What a bunch of circlejerking discord trannies we have today

Might be true if FF7, MGS, Crash, Spyro, Castlevania, Mega Man didn't exist. I don't think it's a matter of memorability, I think it's a matter of you not knowing shit about video games, tendie.

Saturn was definitely worse than the N64, what are you on.

I did. The Sega exclusives on the Saturn were shit, and the library had to be saved by third party, including Taito with Elevator Action Returns. Now your argument, Saturnfag.

yeah, who cares about ff7, mgs, fft, chrono cross, crash, spyro, etc. everybody loved mortal kombat mythologies and superman 64!

samefag

Nah, Saturn has several times the number of games worth playing.

Not even Sega kids pretend the Saturn was good. I should know, I'm one.

Cybertroopers Virtual-On is god-tier and any anyone who disagrees is a casual.
granted, the PC port is literally the same game but better and you can make it run at full speed while the Saturn port has a very low FPS cap.

Attached: go away.jpg (1631x1373, 1.13M)

>FF7, MGS, Castlevania
Multiplat lol
>crash, spyro
Lol trash

People didn't like it for anything other than OoT and GoldenEye. A handful of titles sold this console but it still under-performed in sales.

>He felt the need to mention Cross of all games
>he thinks Mythologies didn't come out on N64
You're just a zoomer pretending to have heen around back then, right?

>The Sega exclusives on the Saturn were shit
They were great, the Panzer Dragoon trilogy is still revered to this day with Saga frequently being considered the greatest RPG of all time. The fighting games were top notch, Sega went all out with some of the best. Sega Rally is still a beloved arcade racer. Sonic Team's creations like Nights and Burning Rangers are adored, the light gun games are tremendous with Virtua Cop 2 especially being a killer arcade style game. Shining Force 3 is a legendary conclusion to a legendary series - in fact, all the Shining games on Saturn are worth playing. Not to mention Die Hard arcade which just flat out rules. Far better than trash like fighting force which poorly emulates the superior game play.

Sega's exclusives were great, and this proves it. What are you gonna do? Whinge about Bug and how Daytona USA wasn't a good port? Even if it wasn't a good port, it's still far more fun and charming than its competition. Oh and the Sakura Wars games too. A first party line up this good could only be undersold by a nintendie who is upset that the best they got were 20fps platformers starring furry mascots.

Attached: P_20181214_215535_vHDR_On.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

>showelware everywhere
Great library

tl;dr

i had a playstation and (later on) a dreamcast. i didn't need a nogaems 64. and why would i not mention chrono cross when it was universally acclaimed as one of the greatest games of all time?

64 is shit, saturn is godly (and underrated)

that's bullshit
everyone i knew had a huge boner for Turok, MK64, Gauntlet Legends Vigilante 8, and PD.

>why would i not mention chrono cross
Probably because its a rehash worse than trigger

Turok just wasn't good.

So many seething Nintendo sixty-fags good thread op

>b-but muh mario64 and-d Zelda!

So you have two good games. Nice going

Attached: 1553908676011s.jpg (125x120, 4K)

>Cross
>universally acclaimed as one of the greatest games of all time
okay, I'm being baited. 0/10

>its a rehash
so were mario 64 and oot.

"I played all the games, but where were all the games?"

i know it's from before your time, zoomer, but chrono cross got glowing reviews, including one of the only perfect scores that gamespot has ever given out. and this was back when the standards were much higher than they are today.

Cross is terrible. Not worthy of having the name Chrono in it. Trigger shits all over it

MK64 doesn't even compare to the PS1's Tekken and Street Fighter titles, Turok was a second rate FPS for the time and those other games are among the most obscure titles on the console.

What games did the ps1 have that was worth getting, MGS, FF, SotN, and crash? The rest of it was fucking sholvelwear

I had a Nigtendie 64 growing up. It's my least favorite of the three now, PSX and Saturn have more of my "all-time" favs, but I'm glad I had it when I did. Awesome 4 player multiplayer memories and big (for 98) worlds to explore (even if the real game was bad).

You know the 64 was better when every argument in these threads is "p-please don't count Goldeneye, Mario 64, or OoT, those don't count!" and "b-but other than Rare and Nintendo what did they have!"

Such glorious cherry picking and seethe for over 25 years. They still can't get over it.

Attached: Smiling scat man.png (196x197, 34K)

So much samefagging itt.

is that all?

Standards were not higher than what they are today lil zoom. While there were wat less shills back then, reviews were largely done by organizations considerably smaller, and as a result they often hired people that knew fuckall about vidya. Everything was done more casually. If I were you I wouldn't rely on reviews from IGN in 1997.

You know the PS1 was better when every argument in these threads is "p-please don't count Crash, Spyro or Castlevania, those don't count!" and "b-but other than FF7 and MGS what did they have!"

Such glorious cherry picking and seethe for over 25 years. They still can't get over it.

Attached: sonyalwayswins.jpg (641x731, 73K)

Mario Kart 64 you dingus.
nobody gives a fuck about mortal kombat past the 16-bit era

Cope snoy

>MGS, FF, SotN
Multiplats

Is that all?

>intentional leaving out Gran Turismo because you ride the bus
I know Yea Forums sucks at racing games but come on. GT2 was the best-selling game on the PSX.

Mario Kart was better on the SNES.

guy who's beaten Quest 64 40+ times here
it's shit but it's special to me for stupid reasons, that's all
Brian's Journey for the GBC however is a just ok game which Wind breaks in fucking half because it applies the damage sum of every wind blade TO ALL THE FUCKING HITS OF THE WIND BLADE POST CALCULATION so it scales into the goddamn obscene

what's it like living in a world where the ps1 was more successful than any nintendo home console ever made, and had a better library than anything nintendo's ever been able to offer? you must be baffled by the continued greatness and success of the playstation brand.

>Vigilante 8
>Perfect Dark
>obscure
yeah okay you JRPG-chomping trog
V8 was multiplat and got a sequel on top of it, stomps the shit out of Twisted Metal and n64 supported 4 players while PSX fags had to buy a multitap. Perfect Dark is still one of the best shooters of all time and lead directly to Timesplitters.

mario kart wasn't good until double dash and wasn't great until ds.

In my country, the ps1 won over the n64 because n64 games were over 60 or 70 dollars, and ps1 games just 5 bucks.
Same with the ps2, we were so lucky that the two best consoles of all time were hackable

64 had superior driving physics and tracks
Super has the real soul though.

same is true of F-Zero and F-Zero X. X is the better game but the original is meticulously well-made and everything works together to make a challenging game.

Lol

These sorts of threads have always been meaningless to me. I love the N64 and PS1 for different reasons.
I've had an N64 since my early childhood then got a PS1 when I was 12. The only thing about the N64 that kinda disappointed me was the lack of a lightgun.

Some of my favorite N64 games:
>Paper Mario
>Majora's Mask
>Blast Corps
>San Francisco Rush 2049
>Cruis'n World
>Destruction Derby 64

And some of my favorite PS1 games:
>Ridge Racer
>Point Blank trilogy
>Time Crisis
>Metal Gear Solid
>Die Hard Trilogy
>Resident Evil

Haven't played much Saturn games but Sonic Jam was cool and I still need to play NiGHTS.

The "legend" makes it too obvious

Playstation having gta 1, final fantasy and gran turismo, resident evil and alien trilogy is what made me get one, it had spyro croc and crash aswell.

Cope

Perfect Dark will always play second fiddle to Goldeneye (even though it improves upon many of its features). V8 was basically a PS title given that it came out first for sony bros.

Holy shit forgot about mgs how the fuck did i forget that one and ridge racer

Fuck and vigilante 8 that was so fucking good back in the day . Id love a new vigalante 8

>These sorts of threads have always been meaningless to me
It's usually just someone trying to force an anti-Nintendo thread. Basically just move on.

>Bug!
youtube.com/watch?v=-GnUZ_BtUnE
Oh my god user you just sent me on the nicest nostalgia trip
>tfw there was a game in my parents' windows 95 PC that I cannot find anywhere, not even mentions of its name
>tfw will never play winattack.exe again

>V8 was basically a PS title given that it came out first for sony bros.
I had the N64 port and aside from notably lower quality music it was a better game. The graphics were clearer, the base framerate was higher, and there was a high-res mode, then the cheat to remove weapon cooldowns made multiplayer extremely chaotic. 4-man deathmatch with that enabled would make the console chug if people loosed all their homing rockets at once. it was pretty awesome to see a cloud of pink rockets screaming away at 5 FPS before hammering the unfortunate target into oblivion. i guess you could do that on the PSX port with a gameshark but it was easier to just remember the cheat for the 64 version.

Rage Racer and Ridge Racer Type 4 are literally the only two reasons you need to own a PSX. There will never be an RR game like them ever again.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2Vb1t1-Js
fuck wipeout
fuck rollcage
extreme-g has always been the king

Attached: extremeg.jpg (510x383, 52K)

i never liked it but all my friends would go on about how cool the cerebral bore was
then they'd just shit on me with it in deathmatch and wonder why i didn't want to keep playing. i guess it's cool in single player but the weapon balance in those games is so fucked for mp.

Rrt4 was amazing

Imagine having absolutely no sense of fun.
I feel sorry for you OP.

The problem is there's not a lot of fun to be had with the 64.

N64 was huge for multiplayer. PS1 had... CTR with a multitap?
Did anyone even know a kid who had a multitap?
As much as 4-player split screen sucks, 2-player sucks worse when you have >2 kids.

>Saturn
>so much better
Maybe in Japan.