>party members are stronger than main character
What RPGs do this?

Attached: zoro.jpg (667x655, 61K)

>Zoro
>Stronger than Luffy
LMAO

is zoro really stronger than the plastic guy

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Attached: 1497132689885.jpg (1405x1000, 636K)

swords cut rubber idiot lol

>Zolomaricas actually believe this

>*armament hakis you*
Lol gg no re pleb

Getting hype for Wado Ichimonji turning black permanently, hopefully.

Xenoblade Chronicles to an extend. Shulk is the classic "Jack of all trades, master of none" kind of guy. Having a dedicated DPS/Tank/Support team is a much better idea.

tales of games

Can you effectively fight Mechons without Shulk? He's the biggest damage dealer in that regard apart from Melia which is useless without controlling her.

phantasy star 4 and a whole lot of dragon quest games, shining force 2, xenosaga 2 for certain and i feel comfortable saying 1 and 3 as well, final fantasy x

i don't feel like thinking of more

Several, honestly. Not even just in Japan. If we are talking stats and power on terms of a 1~5 scale, your "hero"/MC will usually be a 3 in all stats at the start and be a 4 in all stats, usually by their stat curve from leveling up or some sort of in-story permanent power-up. The "strong" guy might start and stay as a 5 in terms of raw power, but is usually shit at most other things. Slow attacks and/or movement, shit magic attack/resistance, etc.

I guess self-inserts (including the developers/designers) like to feel superior but don't want to be veiny beefslabs.

About halfway through the game you can buy anti-mechon weapons from Dickson so the others can damage them without the buff from Shulk

Not him and not sure myself, but thanks for reminding me that MCs also tend to uniquely get some sort of "effective against [x]" weapon/skill/attribute as well, even if they aren't the strongest.
Marth, Abel from Devil Survivor, even the Red Mage from FF3j who is a "generic hero" class gets the Wight Slayer sword after the first big boss fight (not the turtle, but Jinn).

Attached: zoro2.jpg (818x1200, 125K)

He is. Zoro's main reason for being in the crew is muscle and he's useless otherwise. Also the guy he plans to surpass in Mihawk is greater than Shanks. Head to Head Zoro will always be above Luffy just like Mihawk will always be above Blackbeard unless the latter gains a third devil fruit.

Also notice how we STILL haven't seen him go all out yet. Oda knows people are dying to see what his potential is, and I wouldn't be surprised if it outdoes Luffy beating Doflamingo.

I played Chronicles 4 years ago, but I think I consistently plaired Melia as my DPS with naked Dunban as my tank, and I would alternate between Riki and Shulk for support. I'd mostly only use Shulk in boss battles because most of them were broken without him.

I started playing Dragon Warrior 3 a couple of days ago and it's baffling how much stronger Glennard is then the MC even though I'm prioritizing gear upgrades on MC.

you're fucking retarded

Some FE games

it's the best, so broken you can't keep the character around

Attached: Mother 1 Pippi.jpg (450x450, 19K)

That's literally from him taking on all the damage luffy got in his fight against moria. Damage that luffy was just sleeping off before berenstain christ popped it out and gave it to zoro

>damage knocks Luffy out
>Zoro tanks his own damage + Luffy's and doesn't pass out
um luffy fags...

>Mihawk is greater than Shanks

Attached: 1555250846221.png (432x313, 247K)

Luffy didn't look anywhere near as bad as zoro did from the same damage.

>World's strongest swordsman
>shanks uses a sword

checkmate, but MUH haki. Haki isn't a fighting style brainlet

Luffy's made of rubber.

He only took a portion of Luffy's damage and it fucked him up so much it almost killed him.

Shanks is an emperor and Mihawk is warlord tho...

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

Earthbound, until Ness' power-up in Magicant.

Mihawk doesn't want to be a warlord.

YOHOHO HE TOOK A BIT OF GUM GUM

You're all forgetting about the true strongest character.

Attached: a_one_piece_special_by_serumx-d3bs527.png (728x4200, 1.98M)

Final Fantasy X (Auron), Final Fantasy Tactics (Orlandeau)

Attached: images (49).jpg (400x767, 28K)

>>World's strongest swordsman
>>shanks uses a sword

Nice brainlet argument bud, it's pretty evident Shank's shitty little cutlass, in which he was able to stop a full force punch from molten laval dickface Admiral with a simple arm isn't even remotely the "skill" that makes him worthy of being an Emperor.

>Zoro isn't as strong as Cracker
Nah Zoro studied under Mihawk, debatably the best armament user on the sea, the guy who permanently imbued his sword with haki
MAYBE tank man could handle Zoro but I still predict the pirate hunter would just pull some Ashura nonsense

shut the fuck up about your garbage anime

Mihawk without a doubt has the strength to be an emperor he just doesn't have the charisma to have a crew nor the ambition to become the pirate king. Also it's clear that the powers between the warlords vastly differ in strength. Doflamingo could fart and knock out Alabasta crocodile.

forgot pic

Attached: a7f8c91cfb8853c39af1d904de640f4aa34b37e4_hq.jpg (711x1024, 190K)

Is One Piece any good? Should I take the plunge on reading it?

It's great, just stop after the time skip, it's all shit from there.

Guys does zero have emperor’s haki, aka Mary Sue haki or not?

Thanks bro, I've been interested for a while but it's intimidatingly large.

>Biggest selling manga
>"is it good?"
Gee, I wonder.

Retard

Zoro*

emperor's haki just makes weaker enemies drop, don't see how it's any more "mary sue" than devil fruits (especially logia-type) or any other haki, or being a fishman.

it is however very much worth it breh

I don't get how people can read manga, especially One Piece.
I can't see shit, and One Piece is one of the worst offenders with how much detail is in black and white that it's hard to make out what's happening.

not many people have gotten the chance to have their work produced and flesh-out in this scale without compromise, or not a lot of compromise at least, the amount of fun world-building made for OP is pretty damn great

it's interesting for that alone.
the Live action Netflix series is gonna be pure unfiltered cancer though if it ever comes to light

This. You have to be a brainlet to think Zolo would’ve stayed with captain weaker than him. He said that several times

Huh? I thought he took all of it and it almost killed him

Maybe you're going blind? I have no problem seeing pictures. Been reading it for 19 years now.

Thanks for reminding me about the live action OP. That is going to be one of the funniest things of the year. I can't even imagine how bad that will be.

Popular doesn't mean good

>g4 smashes through Doffy's strings without taking a scratch
>Zoro can't cut the same strings with his swords
>Cracker cuts through g4 no problem
>Cracker cuts through the thing Doffy couldn't cut through with the thing Zoro couldn't cut through
Cracker is a better swordsman than Zoro, confirmed.

Secret unbeatable super boss.

Attached: 4EtKbGT.jpg (768x576, 38K)

Scan quality is probably shit. It's a lot better if you have the official volumes or good scans that don't look crappy. It's like trying to read the jojo volumes before it got picked up and that was eye cancer.

It's about to reach peak hype in another 50 chapters, so now's a good time to jump in.

thats not buggy the clown

This guy is one of the top 5 swordsmen in the world and has one of the legendary swords I bet.

Attached: 89bb272bcb6512211bb04268bbe6d9b0.jpg (500x338, 24K)

Yes it does. That means the majority enjoy it. Are you retarded?

True. Naruto, Bleach, Toriko are fucking garbage

Fishmen that aren't Jinbei are the Sentinels of One Piece, right next to giants and Vice Admirals that aren't Garp; just another batch of jobbers.

Have you completely forgotten the lore of Fishmen?

HONED IS THE BLADE THAT SEVERS THE VILLAINS HEAD.

and End Game is the best selling movie of all time, your point?

getting dunked on by Random pirates even when hiding deep down on the ocean floor?

I recall Auron from FFX being much better than Tidus. Better than almost anyone on the team, actually. He's a staple in the party once I get him. Justified by the story as he's the most experienced veteran.

Attached: 1562007432775.png (1280x1351, 1.08M)

>think Zolo would’ve stayed with captain weaker than him. He said that several times

Never once said that.

It's not what haoshoku can do that makes it scary, it's that it's indicative of someone with the potential to change the world.

Movie ticket sales has nothing to do with OVERALL manga sales, you fucking moron.
What's next, going to compare a nuke being less deadly than an automatic weapon because it has less quantity?

>Random pirates
Yeah, random pirates who are highly skilled, or have you forgotten that shit too?

i'd say Cid is better than Cloud
but i just may be retarded and prefer him out of nostalgia

Citan in Xenogears. Having him in your party makes the game easy.

Everything past Dressrosa has been great.

Sounds like Bleach. Good for a while, then just a nosedive concluding with horrible fan fic tier ending.

You don't need to use the weeb word for it. We're all typing in English. Emperor's haki is obviously shown to make only weak willed people faint while people who have confidence are able to withstand it.

Yes he did, not literally, but he did

Final Fantasy Tactics

Attached: Orlandu.jpg (860x1648, 540K)

No it's not, stop assuming shit just because one fucking random person you don't even know said something to support your lingering theories.

>getting this mad over a comment not even directed at OP in any way
Have sex you fucking weeb

Fire emblem awakening.

Attached: donnel_lvl_40_by_galaxymuscles_dd7zrqt-pre.jpg (894x894, 88K)

>Malcom X gets dunked on by Vice Admiral Paul Phoenix and his no-count army
>rest of the fish made to pick cotton by more nobodies without putting up a fight
>Lungfishopolis gotta get saved by Hulk Hogan
>Arlong washed by a rookie with no bounty when he used to be equal in rank to Jinbei in the Sun Pirates, so the fishmen can't even tell a natural-born asswhupper from a journeyman like Arlong
Great lore, bro.

The very first OP arc proves you wrong.

>Someone disagrees with a statement by someone who clearly doesn't read the series.
>"hur hur have sex"
Stop putting pussy in such high regard and be a man and just admit you're an idiot. We are talking about a series, I'm not trying to get laid. Learn the difference or don't talk to adults until you become one yourself.

>Doflamingo could fart and knock out Alabasta crocodile.

This is the most retarded retcon in OP. Crocodile at marineford was more or less doffy level and sparred with an admiral twice, 2 warlords and the diamond guy (lets be fair, the big names were all fighting each other off screen for extended periods) and walked away almost unscathed and will probably have another power boost when he turns up in the new world.

Yet somehow in alabasta he could barely keep pace with luffy in their last fight. IIRC it's something to do with oda saying croc and enel were introduced too early since he didn't expect OP to last as long as it did but either way it's bullshit.

>Luffy defeating 5732489104 swordmans in the series
Yep. Zorofags are retarded.
FPBP

And what is your point exactly? Your cherry picking.
Fishmen have 10x the strength humans do, that was established back in fucking East Blue saga.

it's adorable reading about how Oda thinks he will have any sufficient input/creative control over it, when he has also stated that it will be $10 million an episode, you don't get to fucking spend that amount of other peoples money and make demands, also Netflix.. it's going to be a disaster beyond belief if Witcher and Death note is anything to go by

Faggot it's been dogshit for years, only Big Momma's arc was of reasonably high quality, NOT-Arlong, crack babies, Dressrosa and furry shithole were complete fucking garbage, unironically verging on Bleach tier quality drop shite you tasteless fucking virgin furry faggot.

It has unironically some of the most hype moments in any manga, but just be aware the start it quite slow, and if power levels are your thing, they don't really kick in until 200+ episodes.

>"and Shanks doesn't want to be the greatest swordman"
God, Zorofags are fucking stupid kek

>Someone disagrees with a statement by someone who clearly doesn't read the series
So quote the right post then retard or learn to read. My comment was directed solely at Bleach, not OP.