The crowd at Evo during smash

>the crowd at Evo during smash
MORE LIKES SUPER TARP BROS LMAOOOOOO

Attached: IMG_20190805_102129.jpg (2048x1536, 621K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EeRZs6j
youtube.com/watch?v=ER07IVqSDw0
smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/page-1211
youtube.com/watch?v=5HhECJLQfwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

STINK SQUAD BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

That is pretty funny. I'm sure Twitch views were good but closing the event out with Smash was noticeably a bummer. Watching those pathetic soulless Smash commentators sign out Evo compared to the overwhelming sense of happiness and sadness Seth usually did was just tragic.

>retarded game for retards
>actual retards show up in mass numbers

Surprising.

>empty room
>mass numbers

bing bing wahoo

>Yea Forums posting has infiltrated Yea Forums this thoroughly

Damn most of the seats are empty

>Watching those pathetic soulless Smash commentators sign out Evo compared to the overwhelming sense of happiness and sadness Seth usually did was just tragic.
I stopped watching after Tekken but that does sound depressing. James Chen pouring his heart out and crying every year too.

BING BING BING
A WAH
HOOOOO

reminder that for tekken the arena was packed

Arena was packed from Babytag onwards, the place rumbled when the KoF logo appeared

Makes sense, Tekken is actually fun to watch. Ultimate has really long sets and is incredibly boring unless you're actually playing it.

smash should just be removed from evo entirely
they get twitch views but cant actually draw since the fanbase is underage

I HEAR NO VOICES IN THE STANDS
WHERE HAVE THEY GONE, WHERE ARE THE FANS
WHERE ARE THE FANS

they did the real sign out between tekken and smash because they knew half the crowd and viewers were going to tune out. They came out and thanked everyone for being there, making evo possible, etc.

Smash closing was always meant for zoomers on summer vacation to stay up late while all the adult fans could hit the sheets early for once and be ready for work on Monday.

>B-B-BUT MUH TWITCH VIEWERSHIP
OH NONONONO
KWAB

TARP IT DOOOOOWN

Why is everyone so mad about smash

Meanwhile

Attached: 4354354.jpg (218x358, 14K)

ITS TIME TO LAY THE TARPS.

Smash peak was higher user

Because it destroyed every other "REEEEEAL" fighting game at Evo.
SFV is so fucking dead that it's pathetic.
DBFighterZ was the biggest thing a year ago now it's dead.
Tekken is basically the only thing doing well.

YA SEE SAKURAI, THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS

Attached: triple-h-wwe-yelling-raw.jpg (770x433, 40K)

Never played much Tekken, but they're still fun matches to watch honestly. Surprised I haven't bit the bullet in trying it out yet, but all in all, EVO was fun this year. Just want SamSho to come out on PC already.
Really enjoyed having the entire event close out on the biggest choke.

smash bros get in here
discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

what did smash reach?

Attached: IMG_20190805_130341.png (769x330, 332K)

This. The commentary was shit in general but closing out evo with those rank amateurs compared to Seth's love of all things FGC was pain.

Smash isn't a fighting game so it doesn't count.

Hungrybox numberposting on Twitter and more classic shitflinging from Smash players.

Attached: 1564982621750.jpg (720x763, 199K)

Can you explain why it's at a fighting game tournament and all organizers there refer it as a fighting game?

It's 2019 though. Internet views mean wayyyyyyy more than actual bodies in a venue.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TARPS AND HOW YOU LAY EM
ALL ABOUT THE STINKY DAY AND WHERE YOU PLACE IT
ALL ABOUT THE SHOWERS AND HOW THEY DON'T TAKE IT
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE B.O AND WHO'S GONNA SMELL IT

What the fuck does this mean

Also it was at 275k at like 11:30 so I'd say that's even more impressive

Imagine the smell

because if you don't thousands upon thousands of manchildren and actual children start screaming in panic as if there life is on the line

Sounds like a piss poor excuse, you wouldn't be making false claims now would you?

The smash players were more angry at the commentator choice than anyone else. Everybody wanted EE and TK instead of those two retards, but they were busy commentating the audience at evo insteaf of the stream, that basically ruined fucking everything.

I watch all the games and I enjoy fighting games as much as smash, so you can trust me when I tell you EE and TK are as good as fucking yipes or chen at being hype and emotional.

I mean either way you wanna go about it what I said is correct. Smash resembles a fighting game sure. But it's more like Pong since the objective is to hit the object out of bounds.

Watching smash at EVO is so boring since the matches take LITERALLY forever, not to mention you know nintendo is never gonna announce anything afterwards anyway.

Tekken and DBFZ where hype as all fuck and smash was just a snoozefest.

>Doesn't count!
Every time.

the actually stream only reached 216k

>you wouldn't be making false claims now would you?
Smash fans are a special breed of psychotic.

Coney is based.
Coney EE and TK are the best (most entertaining) commentators

Seems it has more roots in traditional wrestling/martial arts tournaments where the round is over if you're out of the ring. Saying it's more like Pong is like saying Smash is a racing game because Wario can ride a bike.

DBZ matches take forever too. Game is dull as fuck. Samsho and Tekken were the best games.

COPE

When you bar the number of people still streaming Smash casually with Hero being new and fresh, that's actually pretty low. Tekken 7 being as high as it is when the last season pass was a good while ago is honestly more surprising

Attached: 1500662649987.jpg (603x466, 27K)

and yet the game sell 10 times all the other games combined

It's okay, next year is gonna have Guilty Gear again and all will be good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ER07IVqSDw0

The japanese main stream had 15-18k, and there were multiple restreams with thousands too.

Every top 8 Major should be those three, no one else is good enough to do it justice.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TARPS, AND HOW YOU LAY 'EM
ALL ABOUT THE HARD CAM, AND WHERE YOU CAN PLACE IT
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOUR SEAT AND IF YOU CAN STAY IN IT
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PLANTS AND WHO'S GONNA FAKE IT

It had the most registrations, are you retarded?

No, its not low at all. Yes tekken is viewership is more impressive considering the circumstances but calling smash numbers low is just being a retard.

wouldnt the new GG have an evo placement at 2021? even if it does launch late Q1-early Q2, its not nearly enough time for people to get accustomed to the game, especially a complicated game like GG.

I'm saying it's low in a conditional/comparative sense, you dumbass.

It doesn't.

im talking about the overall feeling of the game
it's distinctively unlike anything else that is considered a traditional fighting game
expecting people to champion it from the entirety of the fgc is not a hill worth dying on

And you are a retard for saying that.

Samurai Shodown also launched only last month though.

He's insinuating that pot bonuses and developer support artificially drive up viewership while Smash got the top slot and the most viewership by itself. It's the grassroots argument that Smash pros love to parrot to cope with the fact that Nintendo couldn't give two shits about their scene.

Of course you never hear them addressing constant collusion, bracket fixing, and drama that infests their community because then they'd have to admit that they're not the absolute best at everything. You'd never see a Captain Zack/Ally situation in any other game because they developers are hands-on and the community is capable of acting like adults and policing themselves. Meanwhile Smash players say corruption is okay as long as more people are victims of it

Smells like a piss poor excuse, too, since we're talking about Smash players.

>most registrations
>none of them show up to the arena to watch

Attached: confused in style.gif (500x281, 2.97M)

CURTAINS WEAVE ONTO EMPTY BLEACHERS

It's almost as if it's a sunday night and people have to work tomorrow

>the game that has the most mainstream popularity gets the most viewers on twitch
wow you don't say!

I dont play samsho, but that game looks very footsie based and hasn't changed radically from other entries, meanwhile GG has a shitload of gimmicks, new combo routes, and more bullshit players need to learn. and theres a slim chance that they might pull the bullshit arcade release again, and lock out every region other than japan for 8 months.

I love smash but it's fucking boring to watch, i really don't understand how the numbers are so high.

There's a lot of things in Smash that are truly badass. There's Samus Aran, the bounty hunter. There's the Marth clones. Mmmm, don't wanna mess with them. There's the third parties; Simon, Snake, Ryu... Then there's the Mii Brawlers... now they're bad to the bone.

Attached: undercarder.jpg (480x360, 7K)

seethe
cope
dilate

Yeah but the twitch views were high right? But yeah this year ended ona whimper. They should put smash in daytime again imagine how much more views they'll get then, and then the fgc can end with the communities favorite games.

>a game like Smash, THE biggest name in the genre regardless of whether or not you count it as a proper fighting game
>still in its prime, only been out for a little over half a year
>just got a new DLC character
>having 279k round total on Twitch during EVO
vs
>a game that hit in 2017 and isn't nearly as big a name as Smash (though it's in no way niche)
>season 2 was a good few months ago
>has significantly less individual streamers running the game during EVO time
>still ropes 249k round total
Smash is objectively higher, but Tekken 7 pulling only 25k under is a way bigger deal when you really look at the circumstances at play here

>the fuck is a tekken
>the fuck is a guilty gear
>oh! I know what smash is!

>Using Hero in a tournament? That's 10 pure strikes.

Attached: pure strikes.jpg (800x510, 40K)

New GG will be simplified

Each bo3 in Ultimate can take upwards of 10 full minutes to play, sometimes more. It's incredibly boring. I really don't blame people for not showing up to watch. Bo5s are almost 30 minutes each.

Yes. That doesn't mean smash numbers are low, it means tekken numbers are high.

>Fighting game

Attached: B T F O.png (1097x893, 210K)

I love playing Ultimate and Melee, but only Melee is fun to watch. I literally fell asleep during loser's semifinals. Tekken and Samsho were way more hype and I don't even play the games or know the players.

We have no idea what he ment by this, this could mean hes just cutting some bloat mechanics, changing RC mechanics, who knows. but i doubt they would make it *easier*. we just need to see actual full length gameplay or have pros play and express opinions.

>Of course you never hear them addressing constant collusion, bracket fixing, and drama that infests their community
What did he mean by this?

I WOKE UP
>WHAT?!
ATE A PANCAKE
>WHAT?!
DRANK SOME OJ
>WHAT?!
GRABBED MY SWITCH
>WHAT?!
FIRED UP SMASH
>WHAT?!
TOOK A SHIT
>WHAT?!
TOOK A DUMP
>WHAT?!
PLAYED THROUGH CLASSIC
>WHAT?!
I PLAYED AS GANONDORF
>WHAT?!
PLAYED AS SNAKE
>WHAT?!
PLAYED AS SIMON
>WHAT?!
THEN I WENT AND I PLAYED SOME SPIRIT BOARD
>WHAT?!
PLAYED MOB SMASH
>WHAT?!
FOUGHT SOME CPUS
>WHAT?!
SOME LEVEL 9'S
>WHAT?!
RAGEQUIT
>WHAT?!
THEN I WENT ONLINE AND PICKED HERO
>WHAT?!
I SAID I PICKED HERO
>WHAT?!
I PICKED SOLO
>WHAT?!
GOT INTO A MATCH
>WHAT?!
I SPAMMED COMMAND SELECTION
>WHAT?!
USED KABOOM
>WHAT?!
USED SNOOZE
>WHAT?!
LANDED A CRIT
>WHAT?!
USED MAGIC BURST
>WHAT?!
GOT THE KILL AND MY OPPONENT SD'D
>WHAT?!
HE LEFT THE LOBBY
>WHAT?!
AND IF YOU THINK THAT HOES MAD THEN GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!
>HELL YEAH!

Attached: stonecold.jpg (2092x3000, 1.05M)

Nothing gets FGCucks more livid than a little Smash Bruddas. Just mention it and they'll go apeshit.

OH HELL YEAH

what is this tarp meme?

Considering the last time I went to EVO was ten years ago that looks about the size of the crowd last time I was there

finna

>mandalay bay
I wouldn't want to go there either, especially after there were two mass shootings that weekend already

Nobody gives a fuck about boring ass Tr4.5h. I was there, it was fucking dead.

You know why it had such larger viewership numbers? Because Smashfags delude themselves into thinking Sakurai was going to personally show up at the very end, reveal the last pay 2 win DLC fighters, then another 2 season passes, then ask the biggest, largest black man to come on stage and fuck him in the ass while he hands out complimentary bottles of s󠛡o󠛡ylent to everyone who showed up.

Look at this shit. Final game, hardly anyone comments on the fucking match. Just "HURRR NO CHARACTER REVEAL???? UH BROS??? SAKURAI PROMISED!!!"

smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-come-on-lets-get-this-show-on-the-road-geno-dlc.446378/page-1211

Attached: Soyboy (2).png (323x570, 214K)

>there were more people in the audience but they left after the smell set in

Attached: 1476855282753.gif (158x184, 186K)

so why did smash have more entrants?

DRINK BEER
PICK MARIO
BEAT PEACH
OH HELL YEAH

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

>league barely scrapping 50k
oh nononono

>highest entrants
>highest view count
>lead spot on sunday
Stay mad, cuckboi.

Its easier to be at least competent in smash compared to other fightan games.

Because it's easy to pick up and play. It's accessible. It's a party game. Pools were agonizing to watch just because of how many terrible players there were.

you've cracked the code, it's been this way since brawl.

cope

I got a friend who’s autistically into fightan and every time he even hears the word “smash” he retches
he doesn’t have very many friends

The Guilty Gear announcement was the perfect way to end EVO. Despite that, I think it was good of them to dedicate a little extra stream time to some sort of autism awareness charity (I think?).

so why aren't you winning any tournaments?

if you're not good at smash i honestly doubt you're good at the fighting games you actually play

SEETHING

bases

Historically Melee is usually the one to draw in big crowds, online and in person

> all this mad cause Smash has always been a draw

>so why aren't you winning any tournaments?
I've tried to participate and collect my easy winnings but I haven't been around smashfaggots long enough to be conditioned to the stench. I walked into the Mandaly Bay arena during Ultimate and my eyebrows immediately were singed off of my face while the sound effect of a foghorn played.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA
>stinklee
>crowds

I do enter tournaments, I just don't win cause im not the greatest. I have no idea why my tournament placements have anything to do with smashes casual nature as a game and franchise. That can even be a good thing, people who enjoy smash at a casual level can easily graduate into a competent competitive player just by brushing up or refining their play just by watching a few tutorials or high level matches, growing the scene.

imagine the smell

What did she mean by this?

Yea Forumsie meme. a wwe event put an enormous tarp up to block visibility of all the empty seats.

If you 1 stock on Quickplay than fucking neck yourself.

>makes passive aggressive comments like this
>claims other people are autistic

This. Smash Brawl, 4 and 4.5 are all really uninteresting to actually watch.

>You know why it had such larger viewership numbers? Because Smashfags delude themselves into thinking Sakurai was going to personally show up at the very end,
That's just a Yea Forums meme. Nobody with half a brain thought this for even a split second.

>No sighting of any developers at the event
>No pot bonus
>The Direct literally happened like four fucking days before the event
>Zero advertising on Nintendo's part leading up to EVO

>Pools were agonizing to watch just because of how many terrible players there were.
How is this different from any other fighting game? Early bracket matches on stream are always no names playing other no names until the end of the pool where you see a top seeded player mopping the floor with whichever unseeded nobody got furthest. You will not see any worthwhile matches on stream until quarters.

Tekkenfags are so dumb

retard

It's not a shock. Smash players don't give a shit about tradition or community. They don't play anything but Smash. They didn't even give a shit about being free now.

What? Smash pools were fun as hell to watch.

>soulless ending with Smash
>ending video omitted Infiltration/SamSho
>technical issues for the SCVI reveals
>that weird Snake joke
everything else was still great, but feels kinda bad looking back now

calm down riot intern

>plague of grasshoppers visible from space
>worst leaks in EVO history
>most technical issues in EVO history
>record high temperatures in nevada
>Smash pros being exposed as racists, stalkers, and pedophiles
>all on the first year SF wasn't the headline game in the history of EVO
The natural order was undone by Wizard. Evo is over.

>watch smash pools
>a bowser player kills himself twice while the jap he was playing against visibly rolls his eyes in frustration
I switched to SamSho pools and never looked back.

youtube.com/watch?v=5HhECJLQfwc

>Bro I can camp people out on wifi and made elite on Link! Bout to fly out to las vegas and win evo!
Christ it's agonizing watching wifi warriors play in a local setting.

>fgcfags are also Yea Forums containment board autists
wow, what a surprise

Attached: 1516004397439.jpg (988x1059, 159K)

Smash had way more soul than Tekken, are you kidding?

Absolutely based.

Dear smashcels,
Have sex and dilate, simultaneously.

TAKE A SHOWER

Attached: 1564918477034.jpg (1242x957, 743K)

>They should put smash in daytime again imagine how much more views they'll get then
Alot of people said nighttime was dead time, even though smash got most views but that really does make me wonder how big it would get if it was during the day

It wasn't just that, it had multiple streams, and main event hype

Based Infiltration working pronoun brigade to a shoot

Attached: inf.jpg (680x510, 78K)

Tekken had commentators with real passion for the game, a godly rivalry between Arslan Ash and Knee, the beautiful victory by Arslan, Harada being hilarious, two great character reveals, overall lots of passion from the community

The game itself might not be to your taste, but I don't know how you could call it more soulless. MKLeo didn't even care that he won, and the Smash community mainly reacted by complaining about Joker, instead of displaying any love for the game and the scene

>Basedboy wojak picture.

WOW! YOU GOT US! you sure are the epitome of CHADness!

1.- Smash IS a fighting game, your tastes dont, and never will define its genre.

2.- Smash was made by an auteur on the level of Kojima, no other fighting game would have this level of detail or content.

3.- any smashfan with at least half a brain knew that there wasnt gonna be any reveal at all.

so, in terms you can understand: have sex, dilate and go kill yourself.

>Nobody gives a fuck about boring ass Tr4.5h
The viewer count says otherwise. And the sales. And the EVO entries.

>Smash was made by an auteur on the level of Kojima
apex cringe

seethe

The final set was Kazuya vs Kazumi, mother vs son, it couldn't be more soulful than that, and a Pakistani won the event, completely unprecedented.

>>Basedboy wojak picture.
Have we gotten to the point where actual photos of basedboys are considered wojak edits? Of course you're a reddit spacer so I can imagine you don't even know what a wojak is.

Is he wrong though?
Kojimbo is a hack.

No it wasn't lol

Remember when Yea Forums said Smash Ultimate would be flavor of the month?
Remember when Yea Forums said Melee would kill it?
Remember when Yea Forums said there wouldn't be another Smash at EVO?

Call its userbase smelly manchildren all you want but you fags gotta take the L for thinking Smash Ult. would be a "one and done" game.

Attached: 1439081479747.jpg (407x430, 24K)

Kojimbo is hack, but current-day Smash is clearly a product of focus group testing and not Samurai's carefully crafted brainchild.

Reminder that Smash got the most registrations AND the highest view count ever for EVO despite being the last event
Get fucked

nobody thought it would be a one and done, that's retarded. but it is flavor of the month, and will decline heavily over the next couple EVOs

>nobody thought it would be a one and done
>but it is flavor of the month
Pick one.
Also the game released in fucking DECEMBER. It's far from just a trend now.

As Brawl/S4 spectator, it's whatever. You get used to it.

reminder that Evo is finished

Attached: lol.png (729x401, 42K)

Thank God they left smash for last as matches last forever and it's dreadful to watch

God imagine the unholy smell from them. Would probably gag a vulture.

That's why smash was at the end, they know that shit takes too long.

I was getting real pissed off during the Soul Calibur 6 trailer reveals constantly freezing and audio de-syncing.

I'm surprised Okubo didn't walk back on stage and shit talk them for that.

Oh and fucking up the SFV grand finals saying someone who wasn't even playing was the winner.

>It...It doesn't c-count.

Attached: 1542053080478.jpg (600x600, 35K)

All this show is that FGC fags don't have any interest in games outside of their bubble. I'm sure all the smash fans attended the whole time to watch the other games but the tekken/street fighter fans immediately bailed as soon as their games were over.

pretty sure it's the other way around.

Yeah it's other way around buddy

Smash fans never attack tekken or street fighter, tekken and streetfighter fans constantly attack smash.

The bubble that encompasses all fighting games but smash?
While smash's bubble is smash and smash only

Attached: 1546316904679.jpg (640x618, 17K)

>Smash fans never attack tekken or street fighter

Smash fans stink up the place

Smash is on the switch. How many of those gamss are available on the switch? Are you expecting smash fans to drop an extra $400 to get into tertiary games?

About half of them.

All this FGC damage control is honestly pathetic. Time to acknowledge us as your new leaders sweeties

But seriously though how do you even defeat Arslan? He plays perfectly 95% of the time, it's like fighting an AI.

>”Smash fans care about other games”
>no they don’t
>”hurr why u expect us to care about other games?”

>auteur on the level of kojima
user i like both smash and kojima but that's some enriched weapons-grade cringe right there

The purple-haired girl that commentated Smash was pretty cute. I'd like it if she was my girlfriend not gonna lie.

DBFZ and MK11 are both on Switch

Melee is the more technical than any other "real" fighting game ever made, and has the highest skill ceiling AND skill floor, by far.

SmashCon gonna be lit

This. Smash has majors MONTHLY. Other fighters don’t. So them closing out Smash has no SOUL.

>SmashCon
imagine the smell

Iktf but she's married

Attached: Cinnpie_and_WaDi.jpg (900x1200, 221K)

It started at 7 pm. Most people left to sleep, catch flights home, go to parties, or do other vegas stuff.

aw shucks
Well at least he looks like a cool dude

Melee definitely has the highest skill floor but games like Tekken and VF will always be much more complex than it.
even anime fighters like GG take more technical skill.

>Most people left to sleep, catch flights home, go to parties, or do other vegas stuff
Most people left because it's Smash. I've been going to EVO since 2013. Sundays in the venue before 2016 were packed shoulder to shoulder with many standing in the back (always busier than Friday and Saturday) and the arena from 2016 on is always filled till the end, except for this year. Everyone does "Vegas stuff" on Friday and Saturday after the venue closes. Cope and take a shower.