How would you design a realistic mech game?

How would you design a realistic mech game?

Attached: 3qOiu0G.jpg (1600x900, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/25024-brachiosaurus.html
files.catbox.moe/4twtko.webm
sarna.net/wiki/Myomer
youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmzPj9bLE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square–cube_law
sarna.net/wiki/Kiso
youtube.com/watch?v=wLbeCR1B27I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't, because realistic and mech is a fucking oxymoron. There is literally no reason whatsoever to produce large scale mecha, ever. You want mecha without them being shit and unrealistic, they damn well better be exo-suits. That's the only "mecha" worth a shit because it's the only one that makes any sense. Enhancing soldiers IS something you do. Building poorly constructed biped vehicles is bad and you should feel bad for thinking it's good.

Giant Robots are by their very nature, a bad concept. It's taking the ineffective and absurd and glorifying it for no good reason.

>realistic mech
>bulky slow western "mecha"
No thanks.

Attached: zulu.jpg (770x1092, 252K)

How can they be realistic if they are not real?

Is battletech worth getting or is it autism and sjw?

way to violently shit on an entire country's self defense plan

Attached: 4L_EckAkZNz.jpg (340x500, 31K)

JSDF don't use Gundam tho.

Attached: Type10MBT.jpg (1500x1000, 426K)

gundam mecha are just as bad
>not only building a giant robot but also building stupid giant guns and for some reason a gas mask so it looks like a soldier from jin roh

Do you even cool?

Attached: 56dc194f421b0bb1360d659840253967.jpg (3024x2146, 866K)

>realistic mechs
we call them tanks and apc

fpbp

>realistic
>mech
pick one

I'd genocide tank fags, then build whatever I felt like.

what game is this?

WarBlunder mod

Attached: 11003.jpg (1422x1521, 344K)

>That pic
Reminds me of Ring of Red.

This, /thread, fpbp, mehcafags absolutely obliterated once again

Attached: 1551294721545.jpg (714x592, 92K)

Cool 60's diesel mechas puffing out smog.

Tankies are the worst.
>Hey, what are some games with some satisfying swordplay?
>UM ACTUALLY SWORDS ARE SUBOPTIMAL, YOU SHOULD USE TANKS INSTEAD YOU DUMB IDIOT.

Poland can into mechs too!
>Deep Silver
Oh no!

Attached: JBdWPuqLU1ironharvest.jpg (1700x520, 119K)

Tanks can't wield axes, or squash fleshbags.

>realistic
>mech

Attached: Confused.png (482x372, 191K)

>tanks can't squash fleshbags

Attached: p07bxgvc.jpg (720x405, 76K)

>No axe
Shit tank

Attached: tankhead_tiger_color.jpg (1000x1294, 794K)

Where's your god now Tankfags?

Attached: Guntank 2.jpg (1706x1000, 291K)

>being a swordfag
Use spears, you imbecile

>fires once and completely rips itself apart in the process
Great design

hovering > walking
GMs get fucked

Attached: MS-09F_Dom_Funf.jpg (345x481, 40K)

only way it would work is on a planet with tiny gravity.

you would also need a really efficient fuel source

you would also need a reason to have mechs in the first place

Laughing at the idea that you would call a vehicle where the pilot sits in an open glass cockpit a "tank"

>battlesuits nips call mechs
>mechs
lmao think again.
NGE only acceptable humanoid mecha with muh retarded oversized guns because they arent mechanical.

Bipedal mechs are fantasyland but could there ever be a place for spidertanks or something like a giant version of the Boston Dynamics doggo?

spider mechs could deal with rough terrain better than tank tracks, without the stability issues of a two leg mech

fuel efficiency would be a disaster though, and moving at high speed seems impossible

>realistic
>mech
I just want more sanic speed armored core with loads of guns and parts

we already have mechs irl but they are used in forestry to traverse without damaging the ground.

We will propably never have anything heavier than powerarmor humans with legs as the complexity, weight and lack of any benefits vs massive drawbacks won't make them viable for combat.

Construction and civvie shit? Yeah sure.
Military?
Doubt.jpeg.

Tanks are superior in every single way
There is no such thing as a realistic mech

Isn't there shitload of those meanwhile realistic mechs we only have brigador and mechwarrior.

Swords are sideweapons
POLECHADS AWAKEN

Name five (5)

Armored Core
Armored Core 2
Armored Core 3
Armored Core 4
Armored Core V

This thread is now under the control of the Crossbone Vanguard
Feddiefags get out

Attached: 9094c694bc1b2a482d36a634564deb75.gif (500x269, 1.99M)

>How would you design a realistic mech game?
I'd remake Chromehounds
Except without double-doubles

GMs can hover too

Attached: Armored GM GBO2.png (735x798, 151K)

Just say grounded to appease the autists. The fact that they can't see a thematic difference between a votom and a gundam is retarded

Well, one reason I can come up with is if some country is prohibited from building military vehicles, like Germany was after WW1. Or like Kirov airships in Red Alert. Mechs might bypass those restrictions

>rough terrain
Really just very rocky terrain, everywhere else they'd probably be worse due to weight issues

anyone?

Attached: V_eubattlewalker04.png (597x253, 106K)

I'd make an actual Front Mission and not a spiritual successor with very little mecha combat.

Integrated weapons on a mecha, why not just make a tank at that point?

Attached: Wanzer forest.jpg (1131x707, 208K)

Recoil would topple that thing over easily. Also, 2 cannons is a meme.

>wanting oversized battlesuits
lmao
why even like mecha if all you want are giant toys instead of giant mechs with actual thought put into the design.

Why the fuck would any military want to pay for a more complex more expensive system with 0 upsides other than it looks retarded?

By forgetting about 'realism' and making Chromehounds 2.

It hurts.

Attached: Chromehounds boxart.png (533x640, 589K)

I'd just make a new steel battalion that doesn't require a giant controller or kinect. That one VR game is alright, but still super arcadey.

based zulu post

Who wants a tank with legs? What military would want that? Why am I supposed to believe its more feasible, and it looks better when it's not?

it looks better and its way more feasible.
Humanoid shape fucking sucks.

Here's you tank, bro.

Attached: 1549668894963.jpg (709x576, 168K)

cringe Zulu post

Attached: Jegan thumbs down.jpg (1324x683, 61K)

why do realismfags always have to fight with mechfags ? Nobody cares when you get to fight giant fire breathing wyverns with a huge sword or daggers in other games, yet every mech thread always have this muh realism crap going on

Attached: 1554613858342.jpg (409x435, 37K)

That's practicality/realism fags in general. Like yeah cool you watch Skellagrim and that one brit I get it but if you're that interested in real world weaponry why not, I dunno, go outside and play with those weapons instead? Video games aren't ever gonna be 1:1 to fighting with real weapons, since that requires your entire body to move to be truly accurate. Something controllers will never do any time soon.

>title of the thread is literally 'how would you design a realistic mech game'

It's just your typical crowd of fags wanting to flex their useless knowledge they got from youtube, because they can't quite figure out where to apply it other than telling people that fiction does not work like real life.

based

>Posts the most autistic GM from Unicorn trash
I have never seen such shit taste outside of /m/, now BTFO back retard

Attached: 551683-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x338, 19K)

Not one of those games is at the speeds of 4A, the speed that annon was asking for. In fact up until 4 the speed of ACs was relatively slow.

Look at this Zeek sympathizer mad his Nazi knockoff can't destroy Devil Gundam

Attached: Jegan vs Devil.gif (320x180, 2.98M)

don't start your shitty thread with "design a realistic mech" then if you don't want to get blown the fuck out

Attached: ring_of_red.jpg (1280x1024, 183K)

if everyone thought like you innovation wouldn't exist

Because dumb mechfags unironically believe that mechs can be realistic.

shit tank desu

You can just go the VOTOMs route and make them not mechs at all

Literally just means something like titanfall instead of giant robot superheroes

Shut up faggot

Fuckoff Yea Forumsirmin jizzbrain faggot

fpbp fuck mecha

Get dabbed on, mechlets

It's the same reason why you have western animefags that go on about how the only mecha shows you should watch are Evangelion and TTGL, since all the other ones are dumb toy commercials. For some reason they're fine with guys with wire propelled jet packs fighting 30 meter tall giants and monkey aliens who scream loud to dye their hair yellow/blue/silver, but the robot suit is too unrealistic for them.

Realismfags are just plain retarded and should be ignored at all times.

Attached: Vysaga.jpg (472x670, 235K)

Tanks could wield axes better than mecha, just attach an arm onto the tank and go to town. Now that would be a colossal waste of money, but so would anything mecha.

because realism ones look cool and have more thought put into them and they are unique vs mechas which are literally just big power armor.

Attached: 1533156893907.jpg (800x734, 111K)

Mecha melee> guns

Attached: BMR.jpg (1366x768, 78K)

That's how it started in the gundam universe, as construction suits for space environment

What's even the point of mecha being realistic? Give me some fantasy zoomy shit.

is that a tank with a fucking gun

>1st salvo-artillery
>2nd salvo-mortar at a 90-degree angle towards your own line.

Genius.

Attached: 1564333280015.png (287x304, 165K)

who cares its fun dumb shit that appeals to your inner child.

Keep in the ability to snipe people out of cockpits, albeit it being extremely difficult. It was viable in Mechwarrior 2 to quickly dispatch people, and it's something I only heard of years later
leg-removing chad here

>It's the same reason why you have western animefags that go on about how the only mecha shows you should watch are Evangelion and TTGL,
They're missing on all the cuties and drama, I pity them, it's the best Japanese animation has to offer and denying yourself that is really dumb.

Attached: e0bcec0993f1c49caa2c092656fff445.jpg (724x1023, 394K)

>he doesn't know

>tfw no "realistic" Gundam game where you play as a standard mobile suit pilot and use tactics to win instead of just flying around in super powered Gundams
I remember a long time ago they were making some game like this where you pilot a Zaku but it got canned.

Step aside you fucking bitches

Attached: TheChadZoid.png (1080x829, 847K)

And Bandai is too stuck up to let any competent studios touch their precious franchise.

sauce?

The answer here is to make genetically engineer the shit out of a big animal and put an armor on top of it

Attached: d6enyuy-75a44399-fa89-4fc1-96fd-c4759787b01e.gif (266x242, 354K)

Xenoblade taught me it was a bad idea

I loved MechAssualt, really wish we could get some effort put into a proper mech game. Doesn't matter if it's realistic or not.

OUT OF THE WAY ASSHOLES HE SAW A MOUSE AAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: main-qimg-47a1b2132dd3acf95402e2e2716dc40b.jpg (450x253, 124K)

Are you sure you're not talking about this?

Attached: Mobile_Suit_Gundam_-_Zeonic_Front_Coverart.png (220x312, 160K)

Honestly, battlesuits make more sense, since it would still be capable of deflecting small arms, while being too small of a target for anti-tank weapons.

>be sandnigger fighting for allah
>hear massive whirring coming from the forest
>12+ ft tall massive silhouette crashes in from the horizon
>fire an RPG at it immediately because what the fuck is that thing
>the rocket misses and lands 50 feet away but the shrapnel fucks up the servos and the mech is disabled
Mechafags are delusional.

Gundam Crossfire. You don't get a super powered Gundam until the very end of the game. And you can blow limbs off.

Attached: 1557479452279.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Everything else is wrong.

Attached: edf_41_ps4_011.0.jpg (1920x1080, 741K)

Its got a shovel too.

>tfw the rocket launchers/guns are nonfunctional in most models
Missed opportunity

>be ricefarmer protecting your home
>hear FLOP FLOP FLOP in the distance
>helicopter appear on the horizon stuffed with men
>you neighbor Nguyen Ming Pong fires his AK at it
>Pilot is hit/motor fails
>crash, helicopter is disabled and crew dead
Fucking copterfags think they're the future of modern infantry HAHAHAHA

Attached: Wax-1.jpg (576x864, 101K)

You're acting like MBT haven't been defeated by insurgents with rockets, or APCs aren't a huge fucking death trap from IEDs

The patricians choice

Attached: 1559607534539.jpg (499x283, 16K)

>trying to make an unrealistic concept like mechs "realistic"
Western fags and trying to make everything realistic are a cancer.

Attached: 0401.png (290x385, 100K)

my nigga this game was amazing

Fpbp fuck mechfags and their shitty children's toys.

Sup, faggot.

Attached: dragons-teeth-tank-traps-near-hollerath-in-the-eiffel-region-of-germany-BB9JHA.jpg (1300x956, 307K)

Ahhh so the answer is a machine that can neither fully serve either the role of an APC or an MBT yet is more vulnerable to improvised explosives than either?

>fucking rocks a combat engineer can clear in 15 minutes
>LOL NOPE BETTER BUILD A GIANT ASS RETARDED LEG MACHINE BECAUSE THERE MIGHT BE THINGS OUR TANKS CAN'T GO THROUGH, AND AS WE LEARNED FROM WORLD WAR II TANKS CAN NOT GO AROUND DEFENSIVE LINES

>Why would you make a boat larger than a war canoe? All your enemies are on land, retard! We'd just sink it!
>Why would you want to fly over the enemy? They'd just shoot you down with guns? You're only making yourself a target!
>Why would you want to use blackpowder to expel projectiles? It'd just send your weapon into you at the same speed, killing you!

Make them tanks.

>DRAGON'S TEETH WEREN'T EFFECTIVE!!!!! DELETE THIS!!!!!
Butthurt tankfag btfo

>mech
>realistic

You don't as the square-cube law makes it near-impossible to have large walkers that wouldn't buckle under their own weight

>1: fire support from where small arms fire can't hit it and you need to send another giant ass boat out there to sink it
>2: early planes were a solely recon job and it was only later they became fire support
>3: if that was the case people would have shit on crossbows for the same reason
Stop acting retarded to try and defend your retarded armchair general "plans" for why mechas are anything but a money sink.

There is no answer beyond mechanized units are at a greater danger in urban combat, and a unit's usefulness can't be measured by how it could be hypothetically disabled.

You cannot beat tank treads when it comes to mobility. MAYBE at best a missile boat. No realistic mech would be able to withstand recoil forces without artistically tumbling itself backwards. And even if you could, good luck finding material that wouldn't collapse on it's own weight.
Western mechs might "look" realistic in contrast to Eastern ones, but it really doesn't matter because both would be inferior to either Jets or Tanks at their respective roles.
Mecha will always be science fantasy, not science fiction.

Attached: Yeoman MechW.png (1097x1151, 536K)

Autistic near-sightedness has never had a place in modernizing weaponry, you dumb, autistic asshole. You just get to act like it was your idea AFTER someone proves you wrong.
>Dunning Kruger in action
livescience.com/25024-brachiosaurus.html

>under their own weight
discover lighter materials, problem solved

>You cannot beat tank treads when it comes to mobility.
Unless, of course, you're trying to go over something that's taller than half a meter.

Neither boats nor planes nor firearms were ever designed out of a fantasy appeal to look cool. Mechafags are like if Da Vinci's tank prototype spun at 300 RPM to deflect projectiles and fired hydraulic javelins out of firing ports.

>livescience.com/25024-brachiosaurus.html

not him but we're probably gated by something akin to nanotech if we're going to be comparing living beings to man made machines.

>No realistic mech would be able to withstand recoil forces without artistically tumbling itself backwards.
The fuck? Did you know that recoilless rifles are a thing? Do you think jetflighters tumble uncontrollably around when firing missiles or guns?
Stupid motherfucker. A whole thread full of stupid motherfuckers patting themselves on the back over why youtube told them mechs are unrealistic.

To answer OP, i'd make something that's the brainchild of ChromeHounds, Aurora4X, Kenshi and SolidWorks

Mechs are made of various parts, whether they be arms or legs or heads or shit, and those parts are in turn made of smaller parts, joints, pistons, electronics, armor, myomers, the works.
With the proper equipment you can rip a mech apart and sell its pieces as spare parts, or replace the busted hydraulics with a spanking new set and sell it for more money, or if you're cheeky, take the best stuff for yourself, cobble the rest together and sell that while you use the more pristine stuff to slowly build your engine of destruction.

Each part is first thoroughly simulated in the physics engine in order to model it's behavior without resulting in the game slowing down to -1fps the second you take it for a spin, then this is repeated for bigger and bigger assemblies till it results in the mech proper.

Moreover, different manufacturer=different implementations so you might have to design and build fluid lines, wiring, electronics and simple programs to translate stuff from one part to another, after all, you can't expect a torso belonging to a armored groundpounder to work natively with the a-grav skids of a hovermech

Of course, you can buy parts and services from NPCs if you prefer to blow stuff up rather than playing My Summer Car: Even More Autism Edition, but they cost a pretty penny (though since you'll also spend more time getting paid it balances out so both doing actual missions, playing Mechanical Engineering 101 and Sleazy Car Dealership Simulator are viable options to play the game if you so choose)

You're legitimately arguing that bone and muscle are stronger than steel, tungsten, and titanium? Do you think we use nanotech to make fucking skyscrapers?

>>fucking rocks a combat engineer can clear in 15 minutes
How do they exactly do that though? Do they just slap C4 on them? Dig them out?
Also, i'd wager that they are part of a defense and not just left there alone, so any engineer would have to weather enemy fire as they remove them but i'm no tactician

Ironically, realism fags have a profound misunderstanding of recoil.

Jets have thrust counteracting that recoil you drooling retard. Guns like the Gau-8 and 105mm howitzers are centrally mounted for this exact reason. Do a google search before you spout your retard MGS baby fantasies like you know any shit whatsoever.

Most jets that employ Gatling weaponry also fly fairly fast, though. The recoil force of the weapon pales in comparison to it's inertia. Plus, if you take a look at OP's pic , that looks like a cannon. You are comparing a fast moving jet to a stationary, unwieldy bi-pedal mech.

reboot chromehounds

Use them for tanks, problem un-solved

but the GAU-8 is mounted off center

>There is literally no reason whatsoever to produce large scale mecha, ever.
You're just unimaginative as fuck

What makes you think I don't know that, dumbass? Because you think I'm as fucking stupid as you are? You're the one making retarded statements like "A gun would make an object tumble around, out of control, due to recoil!" fucking moron.
You think the basic jets and turbines on a jetplane is more stable than something standing on the fucking ground? You're a dumber motherfucker than I thought.

>tank drives into one
>stops
>mech steps on one
>falls over, crew has to bail

You say this now, but when the giant aliens come invading, I'll be laughing at you.

Wow here's a real showcase of the mechafag's intelligence. Notice how there's no actual arguments here you're just rephrasing the argument as a question and going "wowwww you are so dumb dummmy". Maybe when you don't have to focus brainpower on making sure you breathe through your nose you'll be able to sit at the big boys table.

>The recoil force of the weapon pales in comparison to it's inertia.
There are many things that pale in comparison to the inertia of a moving plane, but have an effect on it nevertheless. If a speeding jetplane can manage to counteract the opposing forces of firing a weapon, I think a ground-based weapons system can handle it.

Attached: 3uAIa.png (590x296, 182K)

>mechcels think they're gonna have a thread about their shitty manchild toys
TANKCHADS WERE WE AT

Attached: 1533544368053.jpg (297x170, 9K)

>Wow here's a real showcase of the mechafag's intelligence.
About 40 points higher than the intelligence of an anti-mechafag?
>No actual arguments
What arguments did you expect, you stupid motherfucker? All you did was vomit information that didn't refute anything I said, rather it refuted what YOU said, you knuckledragging fuckmelon. Maybe if you were at least as smart as a basset hound, you'd realize that saying random, related facts doesn't diminish from your opponent's position if they're not in opposition to what he said.

Its always tank fags, why are plane allies so much more chill about mecha?

Attached: F14 Jolly Rogers carrier.jpg (1854x1013, 249K)

The first sentence of the thread literally asks for "realistic mechs" you fucking mouthbreather. Nobody would've mentioned realism otherwise.

Jesus you are autistic. Take your abilify or your prozac or whatever and come back when you're not sperging all over the screen. You really think you're the only fucking person in the entire world who has ever thought of sticking a tank on legs? You're at the peak of fucking dunning-kruger, do us a favor and tie a noose to the top and jump off.

>BUT IT'S NOT REALISTIC

Attached: 1538605191158.png (548x492, 121K)

>wear armor
>sword chinks off
BTFO

Metals tend to buckle because they're often malleable, and that is not very ideal if you want to retain shape. Compare most metal to a giant log of wood and test for pressure with, say, a digging crane. Also, bone isn't exactly weak either, and they're hollow so they're lighter in comparison.

I didn't say they had no effect. If you could fire them for long enough, it would stall the plane out of the sky, but that's not possible. They're often fired in bursts and do slow the plane a few single digit miles each time.

>autism
Yes very much so
>She
Not really, every one is to busy killing each other over space clay, bachals, and techno religious jihads

I was in the army. It's more like

>tank drives into one
>gun barrel is immediately thrown out of alignment, have to re zero
>engine housing cracked and leaking oil fucking everywhere, better hope nothing sparks
>both tracks are thrown
>computer systems shut down and some won't start back up
>now waiting on a recovery vehicle because dumbass user thinks tanks act react like video games

meanwhile

>mech steps over or even jumps over

because planefags and mechfags both have the need for speed

Attached: 1478382480304.png (1482x1392, 258K)

a common tactic would be to cover them with metric tons of dirt and then pack it down creating a dirt bridge with the dragon's teeth buried beneath, permanent removal would need a bulldozer
There's no perfect way to get past them quickly given that their concept was to get tanks stuck and then shoot them before they can get unstuck, they're better as a deterrent

Attached: ww2_tiger_mech_by_alexson1_d61t123-fullview.jpg (1024x562, 57K)

I mean if you're not going fast what are you even doing?

Attached: Hornet.webm (1280x720, 652K)

simulation mode engaged

Attached: MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg (400x467, 65K)

There's no way to make mechs realistic, they're stupidly impractical. And I say this as someone who loved Mechwarrior growing up.

What said is correct. The only "realistic" approach is to make it power armor, something similar to Mechwarrior's elementals. They should be all roughly human sized and differ from power armor in that they allow for missile platforms and other large weaponry.

Why do you people think you're megabrains because you've figured out that mechs aren't practical when we're inhabiting one planet? Most well known science fiction universes that have mechs or mecha are universes where humans live all over space.

I meant to reply to the guy you were replying to.

Attached: 1561445981033.gif (300x169, 2.67M)

You don't even understand the universe you're invoking. Mechs make complete sense in the battletech universe you fucking casual.

If you realistically want an effective mech, you need to think what you will actually gain from switching to legs.
What it needs to be is a copy of a human being, increased in size. It needs the same agility, ability to crouch and assume prone possition. Using cover instead of super heavy armor and flexibility in combat. That's where the advantages over a tank would be - the ability to fight like infantry, except with 10 times the firepower and durability.
Making something like shit in OP's pic or in Mechwarrior makes absolutely no sense because you gain nothing from that but an unbalanced, easily crippled and neutralized abomination with shape that's hard to armor and protect properly - jesus christ, the surface that needs to be layered with armor on such a thing would make it weigh 3x times as much as a whole tank of the same size, and all of it sinking into the ground because legs.

Attached: 1336764774925.jpg (928x518, 354K)

Because actuation is hard. Humans evolved the equivalent of quantum computers to solve the problem of bipedal movement, not even trolling.

Even IF the technology existed, it still wouldn't be cost effective compared to the alternatives. Hovercrafts are a more likely candidate for making tanks that can cross difficult terrain.

Fucking this

Make it a third person tactical shooter with destructible buildings as cover, a limb-based damage system for mobile suits, and use a cell-shaded artstyle for the look, so you don't have to worry too much about granular detail in the characters and environment.

People who say mechs make no sense in any context are the fedora tippers of video games.

Because planebros have Macross. Tankfags think they have nothing which is why they are bitter, but they aren't looking hard enough.
files.catbox.moe/4twtko.webm

Give
Sauce
Now

Mechs look cool. That's about it.

Attached: 1539900743793.jpg (1280x1024, 475K)

Heh that's what you think, kid

Attached: link_s_smirk___the_faces_of_evil___philips_cd_i_by_allampanato-dbkg1wl.png (600x600, 156K)

>Because actuation is hard.
I promise you that there are plenty of universes where the creators have thought about this much harder than you and come up with ways where mechs make sense. I'll bring up battletech since that's what the last couple posters have been bringing up.

sarna.net/wiki/Myomer
>In a way, myomer is the reason BattleMechs are the supreme war machines they are; the myomer is an extremely efficient and load-bearing form of locomotion, but cannot be used in a wheeled, tracked, or airborne platform due to the nature of its operation. As such, even though BattleMechs present much greater surface area that must be armored, and much more structure to be carried, myomer still allows them to bear more weapons and armor per-ton than any other form of armored fighting vehicle.

Does making 60 meter tall mechs make sense for us right now? No. Would it make more sense when war is happening constantly across thousands of occupied solar systems? Yes.

thank you for this excellent post fren

Domo arigato mr. roboto-tanku

Watch out, we got a megabrain over here

>look at mecha barbara streisand
>shoot her righ in the mechatits
>oh sorry

>Tankfags think they have nothing
They have one of the best show of the decade.
It's just dumb people being dumb.

A full titans legion need more field of view to aim better and overpass big shit, a fucking retarded 3 meters mech doesn't improve any shit more than just be a let's fucking destroy that otaku on their retarded slow cosplay suit.

Attached: Warriors_Warhammer_40000_450891_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 693K)

forgot pic

Attached: saori.jpg (1600x900, 141K)

Halfway through the game you're forced to use a shitty version of your mech because of budget cuts.

Attached: avs-98.jpg (250x400, 27K)

HALBERD GIGA CHAD REPORTING IN

08th MS Team setting
Republic Commando gameplay

>fucking rocks a combat engineer can clear in 15 minutes
>15 minutes
Not even if the engineers were following right behind you.

>realistic mech game
My cool super robot mech could beat your flimsy realistic robot mech in a fight.

Attached: SuperRobotWarsT_Gaigaigar.jpg (1297x730, 117K)

>08th Shit Team
Get out

I absolve you, my son.

Attached: 1564110084527.jpg (983x1013, 252K)

>the aliens from EDF are making Tankfags and mechfags turn against eachother
>All so they can invade easier

STOP FALLING FOR THEIR TRICKS

Attached: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.jpg (224x225, 16K)

Sorry but I'm a Wing Diver, none of this affects me.

based 0083CHAD

Attached: ground pounder.gif (238x158, 2.94M)

>high mobility
>can be equipped with variety of weapons
The reason why we don't have mechas is because we can't build them, not because there's no reason to build them.

This is very cool idea.

>the myomer is an extremely efficient and load-bearing form of locomotion, but cannot be used in a wheeled, tracked

Gib 100000000000000 C-Bills nao, Comstar

Attached: file.png (988x499, 46K)

how do the cannons reload?

Let's say that they are only TITANCHAD'S
The only way to work this, is exosuit's, tanks, and gigantic titans with complete movements to cover all the battlefield.

Attached: giga.jpg (1000x850, 155K)

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmzPj9bLE

Why put myomers in a vehicle that already works fine without them dumb capellen

LONDON

A research and development simulator where a team of engineers have to develop a mechasuit, giant robot, or giant pilotted vessel.
Becuase there is either a giant alien or giant monster that threatens to destroy earth and or humanity.

The kicker
you are actually a delusional stem student.
Mech stuits are stupid and wildly impractical, and would never conceavably work unless due to mechanical stress scaled up to such a xbox heug size.
The minigame or trying to manipulate or slow down the giant threats progress is really a psychological allegory of you trying to overcome your delusions.
Which in the end you cant, if you let the monster loose you loose your mecha suit.
If you develop the suit you become inoculated and insulated against any outside threats to your delusion.
And you become forever trapped and then controlled by your delusion.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY AGAIN?

>Mech jumps over the teeth
>has the same problems of the tanks plus having the risk of falling face first over the teeth and being an easier target for the enemy.

I unironically love chicken leg mecha.

Buy Battletech and install the Roguetech mod for it

It's unironically more in depth and adds more to the game than TLW does for XCOM. It's made by a trans girl too, so double autism energy is put into the statistics/making it like the tabletop.

Tankies think because they haven't thought the problems through nobody has

Because it would work better. Way better in fact.

Why don't more mecha fiction go with repurposed construction mechs?

I couldn't speculate on that. Just make sure comstar doesnt find out about your idea or you might find the comguard knocking on your door.

So when is it coming out bros?

Attached: iron harvest.jpg (1552x873, 299K)

another gay tanktard

Why doesn't anyone make a tanks VS mechs game yet?

There are some that do, it's just that mech that can fite with guns get more attention

Can tanks maneuver in space?
Don't think so.

Attached: [(́◉◞౪◟◉‵)] Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight AXIS - 03 / 機動戦士ガンダム Tw (1280x720, 88K)

The thing is that whatever clever solution a mech has, it can and will be given to the tank as well because they have the same role. For a mech to exist without being shadowed by a tank or a plane you'd need an excuse like the one pacific rim gives you at the start of the movie.

That would be ridiculously difficult to maintain. Keeping tanks in working order is hard in the field imagine trying to train average IQ american soldiers how to repair fucking robotic spider legs or how many unique parts just one leg would take.

Name me some, please.

>love the dieselpunk aesthetic
>hate strategy games
Man I hate being a brainlet.

The mechs in Avatar are what I consider plausible if you want to consider modern day tech. Anything larger than that and we're running into some serious roadblocks that would need very special power sources and materials.

It would function as a utility vehicle for infantry squads, doing all purpose workloads, like clearing rubble, carrying heavy stuff and traversing difficult and unpredictable terrain. As well serving as fire support.

No tank cannons. A heavy machine gun/vulcan and a grenade launcher with a flexible array of armaments, lethal and non-lethal, would be enough.

Attached: avatar.jpg (582x700, 49K)

EDF 5 uses that idea. The barga was a failed construction loader that was a waste of resources until the aliens came.

Attached: Barga.jpg (739x415, 51K)

C-can you pilot it?

>they have the same role
No they don't. The smartest universes with mechs understand that the best thing about mechs is their versatility. Can you drop a tank from space? Can you effectively use a tank behind enemy lines for long term guerilla warfare? Can you use tanks in a vacuum?

it's not glass it's dynaweave nanokevlar

This is the single biggest problems with the idea of giant bipedal mechs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square–cube_law

Yeah, you can have a fucking smackdown with Godzilla in it.

Yes. Its as awesome as you expect it to be. and you can use it to punch God in the face.

sarna.net/wiki/Kiso

The Kiso was created as a "Command" Construction Vehicle for large planetary construction projects in the Draconis Combine. Built in the middle of the Golden Years of the Star League, the vehicle is intended to allow an on-site supervisor to run his machine, while being able to access planetary networks to gain permits, communicate to workers, and multitask other assorted projects while supervising 'Mech-related manual tasks.

Attached: kiso.png (574x600, 349K)

Yes to all of that because a tank can use all the technology the mech has.

Because they haven't decided to make a new SRW OG anime with Gunleon in it yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=wLbeCR1B27I

Doesn't apply underwater or in space, where most mecha action takes place.

Attached: [Underwater] Knights of Sidonia S2 - The Ninth Planet Crusade - 06 (720p) [241099E2].mkv_snapshot_22 (1280x720, 313K)

>tanks can do all that cause I said so
You're not actually thinking about this so why should I continue responding to you?

Quick, post your face the day we have actual combat mechs in the field literally fucking tanks in the ass (literally!)

Attached: based.jpg (640x452, 24K)

tanktards be seething

titanfall 2 baby

Attached: a toast.png (695x650, 600K)

Patlabor kinda counts

You wouldn't. Because realistic and mech don't belong in the same sentence.

gundam f91

>Titanfall
Yikes
Someone post the interview where the devs say titans are not mechs and that mech are a dumb irrational concept they want to distance themselves with

Watch out, the CHAD striding suit coming through

Attached: brisk_walk.jpg (349x556, 41K)

mechs are giant fursuits for sifi nerds

Ok, i'll tackle your idea point by point then:

>Can you drop a tank from space?
Yes, in drop pods, or if their armor is though enough, they would just need asome retro boosters or a parachute. Just like a mech.
>Can you effectively use a tank behind enemy lines for long term guerilla warfare?
No, but neither the mech, because it needs way more resources for manteinance/operation and has a bigger profile.
>user you use tanks in a vacuum?
Yes, give it the reaction control system that the mech has and done.

Like i said before, whatever advantage the mech has it can and it will be used by a tank due to their similar roles. The only exception to that rule is if they are avatar small or pacific rim big.

> tankfags wouldn't want to pilot this

Attached: AX802-W2.jpg (790x600, 90K)

>not liking Zaku

user pls

>those juicy exposed joints and hydraulics
hnnnnnnnnnnggghhhh! i don't even need to score a direct hit to mission kill it

Attached: ZealousOldfashionedAardvark-size_restricted.gif (500x288, 930K)

>>high mobility
Helicopters
>>can be equipped with variety of weapons
Helicopters

I don't care if it's a piece of shit, it's still my favorite mecha

Attached: Oz-06ms_colour.jpg (400x400, 43K)

The entire gun is off center specifically so the firing barrel is inline with the body.

steel battalion
the game costs like $200 back then, no idea why

It looks like it has no suspension whatsoever.

its a tank you could knife to death
i feel you brothrr

Why do you retards always bring up recoiless rifles? Just use fucking rockets.

>no idea why
The big ass controller made to show your sexy ass

Attached: file.png (1264x1618, 1.57M)

>intense acceleration and deceleration isnt absolutly going to rip mechanical arms and legs right off even in spaaaaaaaaace or spookyoceandepths
>weapons shot from "arms" arent going to fly right off

Yeah total enigeering wiz right here folks.

Attached: gnome.jpg (1920x754, 283K)

to be fair, underwater is better for the mech because the recoil will get absorbed by the water. In space on the other hand, well the mech is fucked.

There's MAV but is apparently dead

>Lengthy manual startup sequence in which you boot up each system individually, wait for the engines to spool up, etc.. You WILL have to do this mid-battle, so you'd better learn.
>Permadeath.
>You start out with a shitty rust bucket on Earth, and work your way up to a an anime mech that's a demigod itself that travels galaxies
>Ideally, player-made factions engaged in constant war with a living economy...but I'll settle for a complex political narrative with outcomes depending on the decisions you make on the battlefield, including defecting to a different faction.
>Can't play with a controller, but you don't need to buy some meme sim joystick setup.
>Self-destruct button (with permadeath).

i'd put it on treads

Attached: rtx-440-attack.jpg (740x460, 86K)

>dude it's just a set of armor but hueg
No thanks. At least post good jap mecha, it's not like there isn't any.

isnt that just a leopard 2a5?

It's closer to a Leclerc than a leopard

Attached: Leclerc-openphotonet_PICT6015.jpg (1280x851, 166K)

Just clone dinosaurs and put lasers on them.

Attached: dinoriders.jpg (800x600, 199K)

A "realistic" mecha game would probably be too similar to a tank game.

>its not realistic so stop liking it!!!!1
go play your sims realismfags, I'll play my mecha and have fun.

based patlabor poster

based leo poster

based dino poster