ITT: your biggest disappointment in vidya

ITT: your biggest disappointment in vidya.
Post things that you were excited about, but when you got your hands on it, it turned out to be shit(anything vidya-related: games, in-game items, etc).

For me it's Mass Effect 3. Shit was so bad, I never touched anything made by BioWare ever again.

Attached: me.png (470x469, 489K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ocarina of Time. People made it out to be the best thing ever created. What a shitty game.

>___ is shitty game

For real, only game I took back to the store was Color Splash. Game looks cool as shit like peak Paper atheistic for PM but I could not give two shits about the story to finish it.

Dragon age 2-3
Fable 2-3
Max Payne 3 to an extent

Basically all sequels ever

Attached: 1564696961167.jpg (291x280, 45K)

Blazing Angels 2.

The first one was a simple little arcade WW2 dogfighter with levels from famous battles, really good fun, the second was just too much about super secret nazi weapons, not well implemented and I didn't really care much for it.

I don't think the setting was necessarily bad, because Secret Weapons over Normandy was great, but BA2 just felt stale and not a good successor to the original

Where did you find that picture of me?

Sticker Star, I was so excited for a portable Paper Mario title but it turned out to be, just... complete dogshit. Fucking terrible game.
Also Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. Beenox did a good job with it but Activision is shitting down it's throat with microtransactions and shit online play. Was really excited for half a year too.

Nothing will ever come close to the disappointment that is Spore.

Star Fox Zero. Miyamoto ruined what could have been a 10/10 Star Fox game; shitty controls notwithstanding.

Metal Gear Solid 5

I got >Kojimad again. I knew it was in development for 5 years, I avoided all press releases and gameplay vids, I saw the 2015 trailer. I played it without going on the internet.

How could they fuck up so badly? How could the game be this unfinished after 5 years?

Skyward sword
Hotline Miami 2
Yooka laylee

Attached: 1563178789284.jpg (422x422, 114K)

youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY

this was the last time I was actually excited for a sequel, I let the DaS hypetrain get the best of me

Attached: ds20.jpg (1200x680, 86K)

Pokémon Ruby, wanted it to have day and night, compatibility with GS, and the other two regions with even more time passed since Gen I.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought it would be like that.

Attached: 1511492766557.jpg (540x540, 42K)

>hotline miami 2
>disappointment
Shit taste

Dragon Age 2. Loved Origins, played through it multiple times. Played the demo for 2 and couldn't even finish it

Mgs4. Its veen more than 10 years and I am still mad.
Haven't played V yet. But I know I will be disappointed again

Attached: 220px-Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (220x254, 20K)

Deadfire. PoE1 had issues, but when making Deadfire, they made it seem like they knew what these issues were and how they were going to improve on it in Deadfire. Then Deadfire came out and it was shit

>MGS4
>Batman Arkham Knight
>Kingdom Hearts 3
Why can't series ever end right?

Attached: 1508466371100.jpg (590x550, 34K)

Pic related. Lost my shit when the game was first announced, but as they showed more an more I lost interest. Sure, first time casuals and tourneyfags loved it, but every feature I had enjoyed SC1 and BW for were gone or severely pared down. By the time it finally came out, No one I knew even wanted to touch it anymore.

>Used to enjoy speculating the story with friends. The story became terrible.
>Battlenet 2.0, another sign Activision was influencing blizzard after WoW's mount store. A lot of features I liked were removed
>Custom game modes were more limited and heavily curated. Blizzard was desperate to lock down the next DoTA
>Always online and no LAN. which is where the greatest memories of playing Sarcraft even came from.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x671, 68K)

DOOM3
Smash Ultimate
Final Fantasy X

I honestly loved Arkham Knight, it had an awesome story and I liked the batmobile.

Fighting EX layer.

Loved the SFEX games as a kid but those retards at Arika took those 'fighting games 2 hurd' entitled zoomer complaints way too seriously and simplified the new game to the point on unplayability.

Catering to the lowest common denominator has never made sense to me and it never will.

Spider-Man 3 for the Wii, after having enjoyed 2 for Gamecube so fucking much, what a shitpile
But my greatest disappointments are that there will never be another Custom Robo or Einhander game fuck

Fire emblem Fates, i normally keep my distance from games i want but when it came out i bought it. That one still hurts because of how good the concept was and how horroble was the execution

Attached: 1521331969138m.jpg (986x1024, 66K)

>awesome story
>Joker is the main villain again even though he's dead
>Joker's blood turns people into Joker clones
>everything related to the Arkham Knight
No

Spore...

Saints Row The Third

I liked the Joker stuff, it was a nice wrap up to Arkham's story, which is at it's core about Batman and Joker's relationship.
The blood stuff isn't any more silly than a guy in a bat costume fighting a clown.
Arkham Knight stuff was alright, I liked him being Jason Todd. Keep in mind my only exposure to Batman stuff was the Animated Series, and I didn't care about the Arkham series until long after Knight came out.

MGS3

Same for Spider-Man 3 but for 360. Also fable 2

For Honor
they said it was going to have local multiplayer in both campaing and duels, then months later they announce they dropped it and turned into a fucking online only garbage game, still havent played and never will.

Star Ocean 5. Hands down.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 5
Breath of the Wild
Overwatch (after they added 1 hero limit everything went downhill. the game and balance were fine. it wasn't meant to be an esport. it felt more like the next TF2 upon release - just a game where you can fuck around in if you wanted to)
Pokemon past gen 2
Nintendo Switch

Life is Strange. Everyone hyped it as something great but when I played it.............. biggest piece of fucking shit

Life is Strange was great until Episode 5, that was so dogshit it retroactively ruined the rest of it.

>Life is Strange was great until
LiS was never great until any point. It ranged from mediocre to hot garbage all the way

Saint's Row The Third more like Shart Row The Turd, what the fuck were they thinking?
>have great set-up in previous games with 3 enemy gangs you can tackle in any order, squander it by making them a 'team' who barely interact with each other and are taken out in a pre-determined order
>turn sociopath hoodrat MC into generic hollywood action hero movie good guy
>out of three gangs you can only kill one of them (first dies to debris, second is let go because 'he's just a dumb kid boo hoo) and it gets you the worst ending, which would have been fitting in a previous entry
>other established characters completely out of character
>get Hollywood Hulk Higan to voice act in your game, only to make him a boring crybaby lucha autist who's obsessed with round-about ways of 'getting even' with one of the crime bosses
>72 weeks of DLC content
>neutered car customization when more was promised initially
>neutered car count
>neutered weapon count
>neutered radio stations
>boring pedestrians with no variance
>killing johnny gat off-screen in first 10 minutes of game
>slap in the face Mutant Johnny Gat, fanbase represented by annoying nerd (base game generic pedestrian model, lazy)
>exchanging gorgeous Stillwater for shit brick neon vomit Steelport
>main missions are just side content recycled lazily
>side content also lazy, stages reduced from 6 to 3 (?), no cutscene to show WHY you are doing it
>100% wacky and poorly handled, when serious also poorly handled but look we have 'Holding Out For A Hero' from Shrek 2 care now do it
>lazy celebrity cameos
Basically the devs didn't understand at all what made their previous game great, they also ruined the Red Faction series.
FUCK VOLITION

I don't have a lot of patience for action games where your weapons can break. DR2's weapons made the weapons in BotW seem unbreakable.

Attached: 220px-Dead_Rising_2_cover.jpg (220x309, 31K)

Afterbirth +
It actively made the game worse, put no effort into the few good ideas within, and had delivered very little for the 'mod tools' that were supposed to justify the price.