How does it feel to play games on nintendy switch? I'm intrested but fear it's like mobile gaming

How does it feel to play games on nintendy switch? I'm intrested but fear it's like mobile gaming

Attached: SmartSelect_20190804-204242_Chrome.jpg (1080x1409, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ismyswitchpatched.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mobile games are shit because they're touchscreen focused. Switch games are just like regular games but with lower graphics. So like a handheld.

Is it more expensive

Think how pc gamers looked down onto ps3/xbox 360. This is how ps4 and xbox one look onto the Switch now.

I hate playing with it on handheld mode because joycons suck and games look like shit, ho.

What does the switch games feels like? Does it have a Sega dreamcast/ps2 feel to it? Not talking about graphics.

They think they're the master race with 2 games that run at 30 fps? Also

>Xbone looking down at anything

At least the Switch has games

They look like shit no matter how you play it, unless you mean first party games which literally look the same if not crisper.

It feels like a Vita. I have it and only really use it portably.

So... how am I supposed to know if I'm buying a new or old one?

Attached: 1560528117111.jpg (720x480, 91K)

On the other side, I almost exclusively play it handheld. I think Nintendo’s data showed almost an even split between portable and non-portable users so it just depends on what use case works best for you.

by the packaging and or serial number

It's worse. At least mobile-quality games aren't $60 on phones.

The newer one serial number begins with XKW and has a red box (see op's image)

They don't have that much content though, so that comparison is shit.

Switch games? Yeah, they're pretty content-light.

They fix the joycon drift issue yet?

Splatoon is the best shooter of the gen

No, retard. Your shitty mobile phone games.

Attached: images[1].png (214x235, 11K)

The graphics are slightly better than the Wiiu.

xbox has gamepass, full 4k and MS exclusives with ccrossbuy

Attached: games.jpg (2704x2028, 865K)

>no servers
>shit tickrate
>need to unlock the ability to play with friends
>no game invites
>no voice chat
>matchmaking practically doesn't work
>subscription fee
>can't play every mode
And worst of all:
>early access

So mine I want to sell starts with XAJ. Is the advantage of an old switch that it's hackable? When I put it on ebay people always ask for the serial number.

cope

Check here ismyswitchpatched.com/

Switch games must be quite similar to mobile games, then.

>Your console is definitely patched! That's a bummer!

Attached: parap.jpg (230x269, 12K)

>gamepass
Garbage that you can get on PC anyway.
>full 4k
Who cares when you're looking at it on a TV? Seriously, I've used my PC to play games at 4K and it isn't worth it unless you buy a monitor. If you do that with your Xbone then enjoy your 30 fps games I guess.
>MS exclusives
LOL

And despite all of that it is still the best of this generation.

You must not have played any other shooters.

Yeah I myself was considering buying a hackable switch but the newer switch with extended battery seems like a better option to me personally.

name one mobile game with shooting mechanics as well done as Splatoon's, I'll wait.

Attached: srn.webm (1280x720, 2.26M)

I mean you could just carry a usb c battery pack with you which costs as much as one (1) Nintendo game.

if you are a handheldlet then yeah, otherwise no point. im a poorfag student so it's either: buy expensive hardware+pirating or no gaming at all (other alternative is no food but that's obviously worse than no gaming)

wow not a single argument lmao

Hello Mr falseflag I hope that gold ps4 is doing you well.

lul did mr matthew dox himself?

Fortnite

SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I MAKE YOU SHUT UO YOU DON'T NEED TK FUCKING BE HERE YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKING SOI BASED KEK BASED NIGGER BASED FAGGOT ASS BITCH ASS GAY ASS SHIT ASS HOE ASS NIGGER ASSS MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GET THE FUCK OUT OUT OUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT I WILL BEST THE SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT OUT OF YOU YOU YOUUUUUUU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU DUCK YOU

nope

>battery that lasts 4 hours instead of 3.5 hours is better than cfw and piracy

I mean okay if you really think that. Anything with a single digit hour battery life is still going to be plugged into its charger 24/7 while using it anyway unless you're a super casual that genuinely only plays games in hour long sessions.

yup

If you are afraid of playing mobile trash, then stay the fuck away from PS4.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

So they've already tried paperclipping these switch right?

I'm sure they're patched but honestly nintendo is so retarded I wouldn't be surprised.

fortnite has garbage shooty

I gave you 4K but argued that it's worthless with a TV you sit 10 feet away from, I pointed out that gamepass is on PC as well and therefore not an Xbox thing, there are no worthwhile Xbox exclusives which is why it's the worst selling console this gen. What else do I need to argue? If the pic related is yours then owning an Xbone at all is a huge fuck up on your part and I can't help but feel sorry for you when you just own a spare budget pc.

better than splatoon

Old units were patched already, it would be as, you said, retarded for them to "unpatch" again.

resolution isn't pointless, gamepass has more games on xbox and comes with a good deal bundled with PC and live and Halo5 is the best MP FPS shooter of the gen.

you wish

It's alright, joycons are really bad and don't listen to anyone saying otherwise. They'll revise them soon enough. Supposedly there are revisions but I still hear conflicting reports so just wait a year. Or if you really want it, be prepared to spend another $60 for a set of controllers in a couple months if you're unlucky and they drift.

I will never understand x game is on another system so it doesn't count.

Examples? Odyssey, BOTW, Fire Emblem, XBC2 have all been very dense games for me.

>just happens to catch Faulkner in the image
what a pretentious faggot

More like the DS/3DS than mobile when playing in handheld mode

My Switch should be first generation, a hackable.

Think I could get a pretty penny for so I could upgrade?

Go back.

Attached: infinite content.jpg (804x2120, 600K)

Nintendo repairs the drift even outside of warranty. Only a small percentage of people will have problems though, I have 4 joycons and they are fine since one and a half year.

Check if it really is and your local prices.

Spoiler: it won't be much more

>resolution isnt pointless
No? But it doesn't matter much when you're sitting 10 feet away from your TV. It matters a lot more on a screen much closer to you. So if you play it on a monitor which most people don't then sure, play at 4k even though 1440p is still the sweet spot for FPS and resolution.

>Halo 5
>Literally never talked about at all, even less than Overwatch or fucking Quake Champions
>"best fps this gen"

Lmao COPE

Hum. . didn't think of that, can you play the newer game on the modded switch or is there any restrictions?

I have 3k hours of tf2 from 2009-2014 tho

How?
I racked up 300 hours into botw
There’s no mobile game minus time gates that long

Because they aren't what you buy the system for. Well I guess if its Xbone then it's what you have to buy it for.

Shut your whore mouth

You can play all games, you just can't go online else you will get banned.
You can "dual boot" with EmuNAND with one system being clean and for online and one being dirty and with flight mode on so you won't connect to Nintendo. So you can enjoy both worlds on the same system.

I hooked my xbone x up to my PC monitor myself

So I can still play splatoon 2 multiplayer if I use the dual boot? Sounds good

Yeah, you can play games you paid for online and on the second OS play pirated games offline.

Ledges eat your bullets in Splatoon.

Great, time to find a hackable switch then, thanks user

I can assure you that you wouldn't use the switch for more than 4 hours without a break, it's too heavy. The lite should be better in that regard. I wouldn't buy a switch just for handheld, that's retarded, get a lite. It looks better (smaller size screen but higher res) and is lighter.

I don't care, did they fix the joycons?

Attached: in my dark room.png (589x675, 629K)

They will when they need to make bigger ones for the Switch XL

>nintendy

Attached: 1534316578700.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

>nintendy
faggot

There is nothing to "fix", user. Some messy greasy faggots let all that dust and small cheeto chunks into the joycon which makes it drift. Stop being a untidy faggot and if anything Nintendo will fix it even outside of warranty.

I restored my nand to play Splatoon again before hearing about this.

I'm to lazy to hack it again. (Did it manually with two needles and some wires)

Attached: 1564959311917.jpg (272x204, 8K)

Well...then they can enjoy the that lawsuit those guys are putting out I suppose? More than money the bad PR because they refuse to address a constant and obvious issue with the majority of their controller hardware will hurt more.

There are legitimate hardware issues with the joycons, it's an issue with the quality of the contacts they used. There's no excuse you can make for Nintendo.

Consoles are shit and nintendo is the only one trying to add value to the hardware outside of exclusives. Being able to go from bed or outside to a tv is neat. The dual cons is an interesting take on controllers and being able to slot them into a pro controller or the actual screen is cool. Might not be perfect but at least they aren't just selling a underpowered PC with no future proofing like sony is. Microsoft at least usually puts their exclusives on windows 10 as well.

You can hack it with this easily

Attached: images (5).jpg (480x640, 25K)

The open source free as in libre alternative catched up, too. So if you don't want to spend any money you can use that to create an EmuNAND.

They already changed their policy so they'll repair it for free even without warranty. They can't do better than that because that's just a limitation of the shitty little controller's design.

Less like mobile gaming and more like 360/PS3 ports. Even if they're from current gen, the ports kinda feel like that.

Not necessarily a bad thing. I for one really appreciate having Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls on a handheld. Plus for the actual good games you want to play, playing it docked with a controller is perfectly fine.

The one genuinely nice feature that I found is that the Switch's sleep mode is just like a phone or tablet. So I don't need to keep it plugged into the power to keep my previous game session, and it's extremely easy to come back from work and wake the system and be right back at the pause screen I was on last night. Sure other consoles have sleep modes now but I always found them more finnicky and take longer to sleep/wake.

Now that said: It's the weakest of the current consoles, so some games will both look and run like shit. Especially the shit port jobs. Research before buying shit.

Like bags of microsand.

Nah I have enough fun with Warframe/Splatoon, I don't really want free gamges right now.
Still I think I'll hack it back one day if they manage to run GameCube at fullspeed/ doom's wads without crashes + correct exfat support.

I just play it docked

it feels like the GameCube

I almost want to get one just to see if the rails hold the joycons on a little tighter

In concept it's like the Vita. In quality of graphics it's like a buffed 360.

>there are people on Yea Forums that have experienced mobile gaming but not portable console gaming
The future you chose when you let literal 10 year old redditors post.

>Like mobile gaming
It's much more like a Vita but with first party support. Mountains of Indieshit and Japshit, and ports of games console games that are either amazing or an absolute disaster.

can someone photoshop a switch onto this

Attached: 76210D1B-3E7D-4801-9B09-C69646BA85C2.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>ports of games console games that are either amazing or an absolute disaster.
I would wager that there are few miracles and disasters, but a whole lot of "res scaling allright if you don't care about graphics".

Thankfully the new one lasts more than 4 hours :)

Vidya systems aren't vidya.

Mine didn't start drifting until 2 years in.

Then get them repaired for free.

No, I like them this way

How do I recognize those boxes now?

Attached: 1565009552951.jpg (1280x720, 249K)

it takes 5 seconds in free editing software you spastic phoneposter, do it yourself.

Bring a bull with you to check it out.

No joycon fix no buy
No SMT no buy

Attached: 1563936736091.png (510x441, 126K)

Oh one of those people, yeah see you were properly quarantined away from us in games like that for our own good. You should be playing fortnite right now I think.

look at them?

So basically fuck you to the people with the old model and digital games right?

How do you manage to write up so much shit in one post?
>higher res
No it's not, it's the same 720p, unless you mean higher ppi which is obvious considering the screen is smaller
>wouldn't buy a switch just for handheld
then why recommend a lite? the lite is handheld only, no way to dock it
>switch is heavy
nigga that really is not the same but anyone sane would take a little break after 4 hours of sitting and playing a game without one

>better battery life due to less voltage required from die shrink
>probably better temps
>therefore likely better for overclocking
>can't be hacked though so you can't ever overclock it
that's some stupid shit really
maybe one day Nintendo will offer something like a "boost mode" for revisioned switch consoles but I doubt it.

Should've waited

Fucking perfect

>correct exfat support
>from Nintendo

Attached: 1472327080261.jpg (640x559, 23K)

Awful if you switch between docked sbd portable often as you realize most games weren't built portable capable then upscaled.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 was a a sub 30fps shit show, Splatoon was great, XC2 alright when you remember XC2 had a dogshit draw distance.

I wish they'd develop the games portable first but considering the scope of said games it's not too bad.

Old model really only loses out on battery life as Nintendo doesn't offer anything else for the silent(!) hardware revisioned Switch consoles.

On top of that, you can forget Tegra 214 based (mariko) chips to get hacked the same way as old Switch consoles were. The hardware exploit is non-existant on those, and before anyone links the nvdump shit that affected newer tegra please realize that Nintendo does not make any use of nvboot so it can't be used for the Switch's Tegra chip.

*XC1

I have my Switch on exfat, what doesn't work for you retards?

exfat works for the use case Nintendo needs to provide: basic functionality on their systems
exfat is only a problem when you want to hack your Switch, because it's unstable and shittily done from Nintendo's point that you're always running a risk when using it.

The devs usually consider the portable first in any case and then do some basic res difference for docked. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a case of this, for example.

My switch is hacked and I'm using exfat, so I don't have to split the .nsps

>because it's unstable and shittily done from Nintendo's point that you're always running a risk when using it.
Source? All I know were people crying because exfat supposedly bricked their games, which was most of them having shitty fake cards and not exfat.

exfat literally breaks your shit
e.g. retroarch on switch explicitly tells you to not use exfat for that reason
you can continue using it but its a risk you're running, don't complain when your shit breaks
>i dont have to split the nsps
lmao dummy just use USB install over tinfoil + nut server

Unless the new Switches released on 4.1 (they won't be) they're not hackable. Though if by chance anyone here is still on 4.1 with a patched Switch you're good. It might actually be 4.0 but either way 4.something is good to go. But this is basically only if you bought the earliest shipments of patched Switches and never updated.

No it doesn't. That warning is old as fuck. Meanwhile I'm going to enjoy using it while you still whine about it not working.

The new ones are 8.0.1 or 8.1

>whine about it not working
hey i'm fine her with my fat32 setup, no issues at all
>old as fuck warning
oh im sure emummc also not working with exfat is an "old as shit warning" as well considering how new that is
either way enjoy yourself user, I'll look forward to the day you come back crying about your shit being gone

>unsafe shutdown borks the filesystem table
Woah, who would have thought. Good thing the Switch doesn't do unsafe shutdowns. Crappy programmers, for example those who made retroarch might, but who cares about those.

You guys genuinely think you're gonna use the fucking switch five hours without a break.

This is the dumbest thing to be excited for. They could have made a new stronger unit but they increased the battery life and you guys are dying to get an extra hour or two out if play time.

Just literally buy a hackable switch and a battery bank for a lot less.

It's something about how using homebrew has a chance of corrupting exfat SD cards from repeated use. Because Nintendo supposedly wrote trash drivers for it that they aren't going to fix. So if you plan on tampering with homebrew a lot don't use exfat. I only just pirate games so I don't give a shit.

More battery life is always a good thing. Also, do USB-C - USB 3 battery banks exist? I've only ever found shitty USB-C - USB 2 cables

hehe thats what i wanted reverse pycho works again

thats fucking stupid. no different from when the 360/wii held back games because of their limited space.

If you're just playing official hacked games you're fine.

If you use anything homebrew related enjoy the multiple crashes and possible corruptions (I was on exfat and crashed a shitload of times running doom's wads/emulators, one time I couldn't even load my fucking paiload for some reason because exfat corrupted the damn .bin file. Thankfully I didn't meet any major fuck up before finally restoring my nand).

it's like the 3DS.
Most games are rehashes of boring nintendo and jap franchises and the non jap games are just rainbow colored casual shit or indie garbage.
After a while you wonder why you bought this shitty console but it's too late.

It had nothing to do with Nintendo. This battery increase is just a byproduct of Nvidia producing smaller chips. So a coincidence. Everything else on this model is the same. Though technically if they were to overclock with this chip it would produce less heat. Which resolves Nintendo's main concern with overclocking it. So if they really wanted to they could create a dock only Switch "pro" with better ventilation and clock it at a higher speed.

>Does it have a Sega dreamcast/ps2 feel to it?
What the fuck even is that question?
Have you played any indie, AAA or nintendo games in the last decade? It feels like that. Christ, with youtube shitting out ''gaming'' content on a daily basis from thousands of literally who channels and every news network under the sun having a ''gaming'' division nowadays you really have to try to live under a rock.

>waiting to find the new model in store
>already purchased FE

It’s like it’s taunting me. Hopefully someplace near me gets them in by the middle of the month.

I'd have cited DQ builders as a bad example because fuck did it run like ass. Thinking over my own post I suppose games built for the switch from the ground up stand a better chance at being good in both portable and docked. 3rd party games are less likely to be much cop.

The text size in Three Houses is killing my eyes.

>The text size in Three Houses is killing my eyes.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Luckily I can see it but the kicker is that they leave a fuck ton of space for no reason that could easily be used for nearsighted people or people with disabilities. It's egregious and should be illegal

It's a nightmare of a console
>no reliable way of transferring files from the shwitz to a PC
>shit graphics
>shit frame rate
>shit games for the most part
>shit online
>shit wifi chip
>shit battery life
>shit controllers
>shit and useless gimmicks
>no achievements
>can't even pirate and go online anymore
I will eternally be seething that some exclusives are stuck on this shitty cancerous console
t. switchcuck

its easy as fuck to copy files from the SD card to your pc if you know how to use technology you fucking caveman.

I only play docked so it feels like playing ps4 except the controller feels more solid, the ui is faster and the games are better

you what

Attached: 1559371092044.jpg (619x619, 46K)

So I need additional expenses to do it? SD Card reader, and a sd card? Nice $300 console bro.

I only play docked

jobless gamer spotted

I don't own a switch, but it's ironic all these people bagging it.

>Best console exclusives to ever exist
>Innovation that a computer can't mimic without alot of effort and time.
If I were to console game, i'd go with the switch. If you literally prefer to play a ps4 or xbox over one to relax on your couch with, you're a brainlet.

Right, I'm so poor I can't afford a sd card and an sd card reader nooooo!
It's the fucking principle you retard. The switch literally feels like a toy compared to other consoles.

Attached: 1563268827420.jpg (2000x1500, 361K)

Is the CPU/processing actually better on the newer model or not? Dont give a shit about battery life

No.

I'm heavily considering getting a Switch with these games and accessories:

>Bayonetta 1 + 2
>Smash Bros Ultimate
>Mario Kart 8
>2x Hori Gamecube-pads for me and my bro
>12 months of Nintendo Online

It just seems like a decent system to own and it seems to be getting a ton of support from my point of view. I haven't been properly into vidya for three years by now, and I was kind of amazed to see how many games there really were available for the Switch. I didn't remember ever feeling that wonder the Wii U when that was the flagship-system. I don't think I'd ever play something like Doom 2016 on it, but it seems like a decent "fresh start" back into vidya again.

Plus I know I'd end up getting it for the new AC anyways.

What other games are you planning on playing in the future?

remember to play SMTV, Daemon X Machina, Astral Chain, Bayonetta 3 and Rune Factory 5

Mario Maker 2 and BoTW are the obvious contenders. I first glanced at the Crash-trilogy but I've been playing it throught togehter with my GF on her PS4, so I don't think it'd be that necessary of an option.

Good recs, tho I really only recognize Bayonetta 3 and Rune Factory 5. Previously I've had a hard time getting into RPGs and more open world-games, I'm wishing to change that (as well as giving Civ V a new chance on PC).

>A $5 SD card reader is an additional expense!
>It's the principle you retard I'm not poor I'm not poor I'm not poor I'm not poor

You could try Xenoblade if you want to get into JRPGs but I don't know if it will click with you. It's not something for everyone, and while I loved XB1 I can tell that XB2 is way more hit or miss.

There's some more cool games coming like Metroid Prime 4 but those are far off. Should really get into SMT once its out though, especially if you want to try RPGs.

Do you have asperger?