Was this the year video games died?

Was this the year video games died?

Attached: 2007-happy-new-year-2-728.jpg (728x546, 100K)

No, video games never died, just your ability and drive to find something that pleases you.

Horse armor was in 2006.

Video games died around the election

No it was probably the year they raised up , 2007 had the best wii games, no fucking doubt about that

no that was the year after

Video games died when Steam came out

>cod 4
>halo 3
>uncharted
>asscreed
2006 and 07 worked in tandem to irreversibly damage the industry, but 07 was much, much more severe

No now fuck off

its the year everything good died

Quality yes, graphics no.

This. In 2007 all of geek and internet culture died.

Attached: 1562773311755.png (1000x2000, 494K)

>the witcher
>mario galaxy
>half life 2
>halo 3
>portal
>no more heroes
>tf2
>command and conquer 4
>the world ends with you
>STALKER
>skate
>supreme commander

You need to be 18 to post here.

>ooga booga technological progress bad!

>ooga booga the world literally ended because of big bang theory

I can't wait for someone to post that chart

progress is the biggest buzzword out there

They died in 2007.
Then died again around 2012 iirc.
2012-2015 was really shit for video games.

That's when it started. It wasn't truly dead until about 2015.

>ooga booga big brain theory not so bad
>bazoonguh

Please progress rapidly towards the cliff and don't stop the progress.

Did I ever say it was good? The world just did not go to shit because it went on tv

Id bed you're all under 25. fucking kids.

Video Games were killed, raped and then shat on in 2014

It died when ever you were to old to enjoy it

No, they never died you fucking drama queen.

They died on 2007, as every single game made on or after 2007 has been objectively 100% pure shit made for casual shit-eaters who don’t know any better. Vidya is dead and it will never recover.

Prove it.

no

Darn

Everything died in 2007.

Attached: 2007.jpg (1477x1941, 429K)

See this shit is just retarded

God damn that all happened in 2007?
Didn't YouTube also start in 2007?

It's ok zoom zoom tell us how everything is great now.

Only leap is the phone thing. I'm pretty sure most people had computers. At worst it increased ban avoidance, and litteral shit posting.

so you're saying the ability to express ourselves and connect with the world at an unprecedented scale unimaginable a century ago (also a cringe geek humor tv show) was what made internet worse?

Well first off twitter and tumblr wen't even in the top 20 social media sites in 2008, so that tells you all you need to know about this chart

Idiots could access the internet just fine before iphones were a thing. I'll give you everything else

top 20 most used social media sites for clarification. So this claim about twitter exploding into popularity isn't true

Its not about popularity, its about the year the downfall of the old internet all began.

No. Twitter and tumblr could not contribute to a downfall if they weren't even popular. Twitter was still the 3rd most used social media site in 2008 with 126 million users, so just stop

Big Bang Theory began airing in 2007.

*Myspace had 126 million users in 2008

Plus the tumblr of today is not how it was in 2007

No, the entire 360, PS3, and WII lifespan was the peak, and then it went downhill when Sony only put movie games on their consoles, Nintendo put cheap cashgrabs, and Xbox One just being awful as a console with it's bullshit two day updates and installs.

>unprecedented scale
I'd say this is the issue. The internet is too powerful a tool for humanity. It's so absurdly easy to manipulate everything.

Fuck no. Ps2 and early 2000s pc was the golden era.

I think everything died in 2007

Attached: 1564991909383.png (125x125, 2K)

>No, the entire 360, PS3, and WII lifespan was the peak
Thanks, I needed the laugh.

No, but it was the year that set things in motion for the the state of the gaming industry today.

A lot of things was let slide that year that if it had been nipped in the bud, would've absolutely changed the state of the industry for the better today.

Sure, a lot of bullshit was inevitably going to happen, but it would've been delayed and not nearly as prevalent.

It's basically global connectivity for our species. Like one step away from a hivemind.

What was introduced?

Not him. But I'm guessing art games.
But desu we got the orange box. Which was the absolute tits.

you're both objectively wrong zoomers; 94-2000, especially on the pc, were the golden era for vidya

Attached: 1564650952197.png (281x301, 89K)

I don't really remember any art games being released that year? Maybe assassins creed?

Yes, it made the internet worse. It made me deal with even more retards online and eventually people moved away from their normalshit containment zones (ie social media) and infested the rest of the internet.

Doom came our in 93

hey user...

We're too primal for that. Tech evolved faster than our own evolution. We're legit too retarded for the internet. We're the fucking apes from Space Odyssey banging our sticks and bones at the monolith that is the internet.
I honestly believe that the reason why so many dead issues keep resurfacing is solely due to the internet and us being "connected".
We have no sense of scale online. One person complaining can seem like an active community is complaining. Puppet accounts make it worse. You can start a whole shitstorm that affects national security with a single tweet.

Video games died the first day loot box was born, which i think was Sep 30, 2010, TF2 Mannconomy Update

my bad, I actually meant to type 92 but when I noticed what I said it was too late.

so the actual golden era was 92-00, when ultima underworld was released.

DLC cancer killed video games before that

Yes. 7th gen was the decline with the introduction of paid online, DLC out the ass, early access cancer and microtransactions. We haven't recovered since.

I miss when the internet wasn't serious business, and everyone who treated it as such was inmediatly proven a fool by it.

no

Mainly this. It was great going online and just relaxing and browsing random shit or talking about "X" with fellow people who also liked "X". But then 2007 came and every stupid ass retarded normalfag with their gay normalfag politics and real life cancer invaded, which inevitably led to their delicate sensibilities getting offended so now here we are with those faggots leading the charge in censoring everything.

>Don't share your real info online
>Don't take things so seriously

Such simple rules that everyone followed that normies had to ruin with their drama and bullshit that we all wanted to get away from in the first place.

Nope. That was where the downhill started though. The real death was somewhere around 2013-2015 when feminism and leftist agenda pushing popularized in media.

No, you know they're still making games right?

This.

Technology advancements have nothing to do with cultural progress. Smart phones were a clear example of the technology progressing which caused the culture to regress.

You're right.

only shit ones, kiddo

But every single of them has been shit for 12 years, who cares? It’s all just endless seas of shit.

This image is stupid because it ignores all the shit that happened in 2006.
2006 was the real start of the downfall.

2007 was the last good year in regards to vidya. After that, everything had changed. I'd say the deal was sealed after 2009 for sure.

Attached: 1563238907464.png (383x364, 139K)

fpbp. this board is full of crybabies who are incapable of enjoying anything.

it's amazing to me how some unfunny sitcom can live rent free in the heads of so many people.

I remember video games bringing me joy up until at least 2009, but that's probably just because I was becoming a more jaded adult around that time.

Wow this pic is retarded.
You've got the atheist in the bad section even though the Internet's primary audience was atheists back in the 90s and early 2000s. Then you've got the anti-Semitic caricature who is there for literally no reason.
The pic calls out smartphones as being one of the progenitors of Shitworld but doesn't actually explain why, and it refuses to address social media as being another catalyst. It seems to me this pic was made for no reason but to spread an agenda. If the artist actually cared about fixing Shitworld, they would address the actual problems.