Why do people hate this game so much? It's a fucking masterpiece & technological marvel

Why do people hate this game so much? It's a fucking masterpiece & technological marvel

Attached: Metal Gear Solid 2.png (513x640, 607K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I5AunfmI8bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They dont?

I mean it wasn't bad but it really set the series up for failure, it couldn't be followed up then again Komjibo was hoping to end it after MGS2 then 3 then people demanded for four

the gameplay is fucking shit, every level apart from the tanker and arsenal gear is a chore to play

>"I think that if you're ripping off Tom Clancy, it's...Tom Clancy is Tom Clancy, he deserves all the money and fame. The guy has worked hard. Writing is hard work. So to shoot out a bunch of these kinds of things, that we've been talking about, and then claim yourself as a writer when...And you know, there's good work being done in games. I think Portal is really well written, very beautifully written, but Kojima's stuff is...Fine, be a game creator, and know what you're not very good at, and learn to work with people who are. Stanley Kubrick, famously, the one thing he could not do was write. He could do everything else, but he didn't know how to write, so he worked with good writers, and worked with them in a very sort of relentless partnership. He knew his limits. I don't think Kojima's a writer. The fact that he would even be considered one shows how low the standards are in the game industry. Nothing in MGS2 is above a fanfic level. He wouldn't last a morning in a network TV writers' room, and those aren't exactly turning out the Dark Tower series or The Wire."

Attached: 1553459936761.gif (480x320, 1.96M)

>I think Portal is really well written, very beautifully written
dropped

>Why do people hate this game so much?

>"game"

>5 hours and 21 minutes of cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=I5AunfmI8bs

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

Metal Gear Solid 4 was a mistake

She is still seething over Kojima huh?

>tfw God of war had 13 hours of cutscenes

The very idea of the people's backlash towards MGS2 is tackled in MGS 2, as explained by the [lalilulelo] A.I.

This game is so meta, it even has societal problems decades in the future in it, as well as the reasonings in the fan's backlash.

The purpose of the A.I., which includes dipgital censorship, even affected the content of the game like Raiden's name, and the final scenes being edited so as to not offend the feelings of the western audience.

>MGS2
>Prologue is amazing, everybody is blown away. You play as one of your favourite heroes in a contained sandbox place, with the perfect mix of exposition and gameplay. An epic introduction that promises an exciting story and high stakes.
>Main game is a borefest riddled with pacing and tonal issues where you play as a red herring faggot and the whole story is metafiction about Kojimbo and you and the franchise.

>MGSV
>Prologue is amazing, everybody is blown away. You play as one of your favourite heroes in a contained sandbox place, with the perfect mix of exposition and gameplay. An epic introduction that promises an exciting story and high stakes.
>Main game is a borefest riddled with pacing and tonal issues where you play as a red herring faggot and the whole story is metafiction about Kojimbo and you and the franchise.

I don't even know if this is brilliant or stupid anymore.

Does that really justfy the hours upon hours of inane cutscenes and corridor level design (to ensure that the player doesn't end up accidentally avoiding the triggers for those cutscenes)?

Other games managed to tackle deeper themes in a 3-minute optional conversation, while not compromising on gameplay.

Attached: ze2e9jq383731.jpg (1024x651, 73K)

That wasnt what the fan backlash was about.

They were complaining about surface level things like Raidens appearance, instead of talking about the core problems, such as what you posted.

Like I said, just like what the A.I. thought, we are an immature species, and the A.I. is our guardian, since we are too focused on the mundane, and ignore the important problems.

The only hate this game gets nowadays are from people who think that those who continue to suck this game off are giant faggots, which isn't entirely fair because the game deserves it, but it's fans are usually brainlet blowhards

>get a ps2 just to buy zoe and play the mgs2 demo
>play the fuck out of it
>hyped as fuck
>Just a precaution. You are now designated "Raiden."
In retrospect, it's a great game, but it was a colossal disappointment at the time.

I don't hate it by itself, because it is fine, not as good as 1, but fine.
But I learned to hate it because retards thought it was well written because it explored an idea they never heard off in a codex call, plus some retarded ideas about it being a post-modern artpiece about Kojima and how Raiden represents the player.
In reality the game is just a mess of ideas that are badly executed, the tanker sucks and the characters in it are utterly forgettable.
It also has some flat out retardation in it, such as Solidus flat-out telling Raiden that he killed his parents out of nowhere so Raiden is 'tricked' into killing Solidus.

Its a okay to decent game with flaws, hyped up by people with severely low IQs who got their minds blown when they were children by it.

They don't, it's literally the most acclaimed MGS game

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-05 List of video games considered the best(5).png (830x972, 72K)

>every level apart from the tanker and arsenal gear is a chore to play
Fuck are people smoking that say this dumb fucking shit? The tanker is a great and very atmospheric setting, but in terms of level design it is nowhere near as good as the Big Shell.
I swear you people just gloss over the entire game because you just set your mind on it being boring "Wow, a clean-up facility this setting has to be shit, it doesn't look as cool or interesting as Shadow Moses, The Tanker or Tselinoyarsk so I guess it's garbage!"
Fucking try playing the game instead. Plant plays so much better than the Tanker does.

crazy how little has changed in the top 10 over the past 15 years.
Also, fucking lol at Mario Odyssey being in the 7th place, does anybody even remember that game by now?

> MGS4 even being on the list
Completely invalidated & not worth reading, Kojima-drones are mentally ill retards. The Kojima bias is absolutely pathetic

No, most people have gone pack to circlejerking Galaxy 1-2 & Mario 64 as the best 3D Mario games now.

Uncharted 2 literally only has one good level, why exactly do people consider it a good game?

because they are.
Sunshine plays better than the Galaxy games, but that game made some questionable design decisions. 64 is still king, plays much better than the Galaxy games, they neutered and slowed the platforming down too much in those games, just doesn't compare to the snappy 64.

which level?

The entire Train sequence is incredible, but the story is horrible & the rest of the game is a boring slog where nothing eventful happens. All of the characters are extremely bland & you don't give a shit about them because you know the game doesn't have the balls to kill them anyway due to their ridiculous plot armor bullshit

wouldn't call the story horrible. it's a fun and dumb adventure game, no pretentions there, I feel like this was in the era before Naughty Dog started pretending they had something profound to say with their game. Uncharted 4 looks so serious by comparison, and for what fucking reason? why is a treasure hunting game serious and not campy and fun?
The only part I really hated about Uncharted 2 was how bad the start was, it has maybe my least favorite first level in a video game. I enjoyed the rest, and I can actually remember it pretty well despite not having played it since 2009 or whenever it came out.

There are plenty of legitimate problems with the game without having to point to the criticism proof post-modern plot or Raiden, such as the mediocre game pacing and the fact that it's a stealth game where you are given very little opportunities to do stealth and instead you use the stealth oriented maximalist control scheme to engage in set pieces and bossfights.

Too deep for the small pleb brain to comprehend

Big shell
>every strut looks the same
>bridges where you just run past guards
>them drones
>that god damn hunt for bombs
>the underwater part
>ALL the bosses suck

Tanker
>short and sweet
>enviroment is small and rotates between inside and outside to make it manageable to navigate
>photo op sucks
>nice intro bossfight to show the mechanics

MGS3 blows this out of the water, thats why

Attached: 1440875092607.gif (204x450, 3.83M)

>every strut looks the same
Fucking what? No they don't, when did you play the game last? This is like saying every interior in Shadow Moses looks the same.
>bridges where you just run past guards
Bit of simple arcadey stealth
>them drones
whats the issue with these?
>that god damn hunt for bombs
Oh, you mean the thing at the very start of the game that takes you around Shell 1 and gets you familiarized with the areas and where you can and can't go? that part? why do people bitch about this part as if it is tedious? I don't understand it.
>the underwater part
fair
>ALL the bosses suck
Subjective at best. You must be a joyless drone to not find Fatman a fun boss fight though.
>MGS3 blows this out of the water
MGS3 is literally "Walk in a straight line: The Game" it pretty much got rid entirely of the metroidvania aspect of MG, MG2, MGS1 and MGS2 in favor of running through a jungle in a straight line. The enemy encounters are the least interesting in the series because there's no close quarters sneaking, you either crawl on the ground at a fucking snails pace (wow so fun!) or you pick enemies off from a distance, or circumvent entire areas by crawling on the outskirts of the map. How the fuck is this gameplay better than the more immediate arcade approach of MGS1 and 2?

because MGS4 was zoomzoom's first metal gear. Same thing with GTA:SA and Resi 4

I personally really liked its gameplay. I even really liked the big shell in its look and layout, there was something comfy about it. I also like the overarching story and message behind the game. The problem is it's fucking unplayable. Non-stop interruptions with codec calls, obscenely long dragged out cutscenes. Not to mention that god awful swimming section. It's just not fun to replay, and it's sad because I'd really like it to be.

Just legit brainlets, seriously.

>Get MGS2 demo disk along with one of those like 8-in-1 demo disks
>Play a bunch of dumb ass puzzle games and some rhythm games
>Load up MGS2
>holyshitholyshitholyshit
>Snake is badass
>Tanker was amazingly designed, everything just werks
>finish the Tanker, end of demo
>Fuck I cannot WAIT until this comes out
>Buy it release day
>Tanker all over again building up hype for what comes after, where's my boy snake at, what could we possibly be doing now
>underwater in that wetsuit
>cutting into a facility
>he sounds a little funny
>mask off
>it's blonde Ashton Kutcher
>I got punk'd by something I was looking forward to for so long

Attached: 1560627789333.jpg (2048x2048, 481K)

>I got punk'd by something I was looking forward to for so long
and that's a good thing. (unironically)

Post the video please

>Why do people hate this game so much?

It was a bait & switch that pissed people off majorly at the time.

>1j9ywu

>Snake
you must have been mistaken. that's not snake.

Attached: 1437798799545.gif (550x400, 82K)