UNIST- POST EVO HYPE

2 Mika's made top 8, no vorpal trait needed.

Attached: EBDC74BVAAEEl18.jpg (680x628, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrpos9OhaXY
clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulSleepyLettuceBibleThump
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So uhhh, you guys playin?

yup, lobbies up, pass is vee

Attached: 4avuu84qdae31.png (1098x716, 1.37M)

happy birthday best girl!

Attached: igcl0dafage31.png (680x340, 380K)

I don't think she has the same birthday as Phonon

Was afraid I needed to make the thread from my phone. I'm in Vegas til Tuesday night

youtube.com/watch?v=vrpos9OhaXY
UNICLR was officially announced, with Londrekia being revealed as new character. Tentative release date is slated for early 2020

Gonna be late. watching Smash gfs

This is the cover art they revealed for the game, they sold shirts with it at EVO.

Attached: IMG_20190803_141538.jpg (1728x2048, 778K)

UNist? more like UNiclr___ lmaooooo

I'm really liking the newer art style. Phonon looks hella cute here. Also Mika going full retard in the corner

and something horribly wrong with Nanase's face as usual

Speaking of mika going full retard, shouts out to libekichi and neji for repping her in top 8. Libekichi specifically was a big fan of our mika heads

Attached: Screenshot_20190804-033055.png (720x1440, 95K)

BONK

Attached: bonk2.gif (100x100, 13K)

I had fun messing around with it this weekend and watching the streams, but I'm not sure I want to buy a console and a subscription to play the sequel with no PC port forthcoming.

t. primary PC player

kw: pclobby

Attached: 0b2ecd40755ca15416942e108818eefa7714dc67005fcf409fb4532c7d3b9c7c.png (580x326, 236K)

I tried downloading this game so I could play as Mika. She's weird. I think I will continue to just admire her from the sidelines.

I got my observations on the trailer ready to. But I'll do that shit after I get back on my computer

She's fun, you should give her a shot.

Attached: Do4Cj7GV4AEGR8t.jpg (1024x813, 189K)

>tfw you forget that blocking and teching are things in fighting games

Attached: 403c0e0487a28cb18f975e0408c74b100b4a9efd04ce7002a693fb8b94ec7ebd.jpg (1364x804, 151K)

Is Mika as unga bunga as she looks?

t. R. Mika player

Who is this game's Jam equivalent?

I'll be on when I finish playing a few more tekken matches with my buddy

I did give her a shot, but I am a fighting game brainlet and she was very strange and I couldn't into it.

not many characters are all that similair to jam in this game. if you want a speedy hard hitter, maybe try wagner, other wise maybe pick enkidu or akatsuki for martial arts

jam player here, wagner is the closest. nothing really gets close the mobility though and multi hit. she does have the buffs and a couple multi hit attacks, but but thats about it

she's high pressure up close for sure, but just mashing with her will get you killed pretty quick

Attached: MikaNerd.png (178x178, 56K)

So where is everybody? I'm trying to slip out unnoticed, but it's just the two of us.

EVO. there's literally like 10 or so people from Yea Forums who went

I think most of the regulars went to Evo.

The lobby 2 boys were here on... Friday? C'mon, somebody back me up here. I need reinforcements!

poor seth, looks like nanase's replaced him as hyde's rival

these threads are great cause i can just use them as an excuse to keep drinking beer instead of because im drinking my self unconscious for work and to forget they didnt show kiryu for tekken

Attached: 1564857356025.png (1024x576, 918K)

how high tier will enkidu inevitably be in uniclr

we have to get another new character, a girl to keep the balance, but who will it be? kaguya? uzuki? that girl who hates byakuya's sister

depends on whether or not they give him that command grab I keep asking for.

>HYPE
Impossible to be hype when I don't know if she's getting cut or not

Attached: 1560596373036.jpg (263x366, 32K)

plot twist is blitztank is the one that killed his sister. screenshot this for the inevitable addition of blitztank

most likely kaguya or uzuki, kaguya has in game assets, and uzuki was the only character on the poll for added characters between UNIEL and UNIST who wasn't added iirc

if blitztank can make it into bbtag, another auf ausche rep for uni isn't impossible now.

why would they remove characters?

Wasn't in the trailer and is technically a guest character, anons were saying they were considering cutting her

Be on in a minute. Great sets across the board at evo 2019.

[Not to derail the thread but I'm sad SamSho didn't get highlighted because Infiltration won it. The dude has been proven innocent for awhile and it was my favorite top 8 for sure.[/spoiler]

that's crazy talk, they have no reason to remove characters from the existing roster, especially when both guest characters are among the most popular in the cast.

you guys playing on PC? I'm down to play some rounds

I hope they remove Sion, one of my least favorite characters in the game.

Most likely being afraid of type moon fuckery

I hope so user I probably shouldn't get so worked up by Yea Forums rumors

Attached: 1562373189907.png (112x112, 17K)

Whoops, messed that up but whatever. Also wished there were more Linnes to watch on stream.

Only saw 3 though at least 1 of them was the top one I believe (Jikangure) who had immaculate movement with the rolls.

kw: pclobby

>In desperate need of another player
>The guy who demoted me appears
Fate is cruel.

add kiryu to unist. would be the most fun character

Gonna join in on this game since I need a fighting fix before GG releases.
I like Eltnum so I'm gonna learn her first.

does anyone in europe play this on steam
it looks fun but afaik anime games are generally dead here

I hope the lose the Phonon source code.

user don't taunt me with things I can never have

Attached: 1508907631560.jpg (400x546, 137K)

don't worry, she'll get nerfed into oblivion in cl-r so you can seethe even harder when you lose to her

There's a guy on /vg/ who asks for games

Other than that discord maybe? I watched a PC EU online tournament with alot of entrants so there must be a community out there.

Was a pretty big pool too.

Sairoux forcibly takes my spot in the lobby, nice.
I don't even care if I lose, I just want Phonon players to hurt a little.

So there will probably be more news at Climax I'm guessing. Hopefully they'll announce Kaguya at the very least.
Also, give me the full version of Londy's theme already.

oh boy time for another under night of getting bodied

Attached: Mika mika.gif (100x100, 24K)

He'll be the new Seth.

always eyed this series and will probably hop in with this announcement

After going through some characters,I kind of want to play Yuzu but my brain might be too small for all this stance shit.

Attached: 948ab46a-7737-4c6a-a3d1-481262ffa835.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

If Icy can learn yuzu well enough to not go 0-2 at a tourney, you too can learn her user!

Attached: D7uFx34WkAAXtY2.png (512x512, 8K)

AND SO IT BEGINS

Attached: tumblr_n43uyvr0Kr1su8de5o1_500.jpg (500x300, 51K)

Is your brain too small or are your hands too normal

Try starting out without the stance stuff and see if you can execute some more basic combos.

You might find her basic kit more fun and then want to move onto the more advanced stuff.

Speaking of, how did the Yea Forums unist boys do? Did they all drown in pools or did they at least learn to swim?

I swear if I find out this is a Yuzu/Vat/Seth player I'm gonna beat that ass. If she's such an easy character just pick her up and get your free wins.

1 at 33rd, 2 at 65th, not sure about the rest but most made it out of pools

I never said she was easy, I just want you to suffer. That's it.

I want to see what shenanigans mika having a j.623 can lead to.
Almost makes up for me not seeing kaguya yet.

Attached: 00165021.jpg (419x500, 37K)

only two us went out during the first pool section, no one went 0-2

Question for Merk: Would I have been able to counter every one of those fireballs if I reacted fast enough (ala evo moment 37) or just the first ex fireball?

Asking for potential future style practice.

>all those air assault attacks
oomph that had to hurt

i at least pulled off the new wagner tech i was working on that i randomly did once fighting merk. so my mid game isnt totall just 214 repeats

Attached: 1564183411838.gif (500x370, 491K)

Yeah I kept trying to flash kick but kept messing up

I'm pretty sure that I did that as a true blockstring so you wouldn't have been able to counter them, but if I did ex fireball raw, you would have parried all of them, that's correct. But parrying with enkidu or akatsuki is no where near as hard as doing 3S parries, much less moment 37

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it was Hippie that made it to 33rd

>no one went 0-2
That good but doesn't surprise me much. I'd say every regular here is better than your average player

No, he was referring to sploogie who made it that far. Although Yea Forums technically almost made top 8 because lolimaiko made 9th.

it was our other seth main who got that far, I wouldn't consider sploogie Yea Forums outside of memes

who was that? duesta?

Neat. I suppose that would make sense about the comparison being pretty ridiculous in timing, haha.

It's the closest thing that comes to mind in terms of multi-hit counter/parry.

Thanks for the games, I can go to sleep sad again.

GG Huo. Thanks for showing my Gordeau up good. Have a good night!

yup, but even then I think he grinds more at locals and outside of here

So they're only adding 1 character cause they're fucking poor right?

>let's just announce everything we have coming in the announcement trailer for the game, surely there's only one character

Attached: 1478785665158s.jpg (166x249, 5K)

I wouldn't say they're that poor, but the French Bread Money meme exists for a reason

Wow, I can't react to the charged FF at all
Time to sleep. GGs all

>all the "new" moves are reused animations
Hm...

please explain to me where you see linne's greed sever or seths air ex command grab currently.

I made it out of my pool in winners and put dneco in losers, died to hishigata and argenrost

Attached: index.png (225x225, 8K)

Seth's EX grab is part of his IW but Linne's dive is new

>linne's greed sever
Okay fair enough
>seths air ex command grab
It's part of his IW

good shit man, I can't believe you and atic both died to the same player. fucking unfortunate luck.
now that I'm drunk and thinking about it, does Pho's IWEX animation being a rekka ender mean that she's getting a new IWEX?

Attached: qTBC1A5.jpg (1000x750, 56K)

Maybe it was just me but the reveal trailer seemed pretty "story" focused to me. Neither guest character shows up in the story so it would have been a bit weird for them to be in the trailer in the first place.

I don't see them cutting either of them from CLR, no reason to. They're both super popular and it's not like their moving to a new gameplay or graphics engine or anything. The new Guilty Gear on the other hand...

ggs pc lobby, im way over my time for bed to function at work tomorrow, and need to make sure i dont get too drunk

Attached: f3884d71599a7f5244cd188cee44dd4dd8f0e7f2_s2_n2.jpg (3840x2400, 1.44M)

I cant speak for atic but my wald exp is pretty limited, I've played brkrdave wald maybe once and frankentank in that Yea Forums tourney and thats basically it

feels bad because I think if I had known the matchup better I could have gotten revenge for my boy

Attached: pen.png (239x211, 4K)

that isn't new the sprite has always existed but was previously unused as it was originally for her iwexs before they drew the high resolution slash sprite instead (and the first half of that moves animation is just air kuuga since it was not intended to be used as an attack)

Will they not be resolving the Xrd storyline? Sol never got to finish the score with Asuka.

>put dneco in losers
Nice

Why is the (non yellow) throw tech window so small in this game?

i don't know if it is the connection on my end, beatie, but if it is, i'm sorry. i'm gonna call it a night and not let anyone else experience 10 frames in case it was me. no one should suffer through that shit.

Attached: 1555397869645.png (500x500, 158K)

Is it? Most people tell me they find it easier to tech throws in this game compared to others. But it might be because of the plentiful throw tech OS that this game has that make it easier to begin with .

Oh, I thought that the game crashed for you. GGs tho

I was thinking about that too. They only showed off "Guilty Gear" not Xrd3 not Xth and some time has definitely passed. As a lorefag I'm interested where they're going to go

As someone who can't block snake edges in Tekken on reaction, I can firmly say that this game's tech window isn't nearly as hard as most games

Nobody cares nigger

and nobody won now stfu and get back to practicing fag

Hey man, I'm disappointed that I couldn't go to evo either but there's no need to be so jealous

>most of Yea Forums made it out of pools and even knocked down a JP god

Yea Forums might not have won the tournament, but they did good out there. Better than Yea Forums players have any right to be.

clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulSleepyLettuceBibleThump

Imagine if Gordeau was likle this in the new game.

who's to say he isn't going to?

We've recently drawn the ire of a lot of Yea Forums for being stuck up and knowing each other's tags and still making threads. I fear the end is near bros, it's over for us because of a few butthurt anons.

Attached: 1520697109379.png (280x322, 239K)

Off topic, but it was a treat to see Alex Valle competing out in SamSho and Jive. Making it to top 8 in Samsho was pretty great.

GGs pcbros. Hopefully we'll see some more newfriends now that unist got the attention it needed

Wait seriously? The tech window is bigger than in tekken? Maybe the sprites are whats messing me up

>dneco lost to a Yea Forums scrub

I don't believe this for a minute.

SamSho top 8 as a whole was way better than it had any right to be. Extremely enjoyable throughout.

That fly swat out of the air was nice, haha.

I think at least 1 is in this thread right now.

It is just the same 4 retards that keep making threads here despite being able to send a fucking invite over psn. They ain't shit.

now that I'm switching from analog to dpad, I'll probably be stopping by the pc lobby from time to time

Yeah, my favorite of the top 5s and convinced me to go buy the game once more money comes my way.

SamSho looks fun as heck.

The window isn't nearly as massive as tekken's but I would also argue that they're much more lenient than most 2d fighters

I said get back to practicing until you don't suck anymore.

Top 8s that is. Haohmaru vs Genjuro was a great GF.

I've been fucking around only in mission and training mode for a while but the free weekend finally gave me some courage to play online. I'll see if I can try hopping on the lobbies some time this week.

>he can't post and play
lmao@urlyfe

Match results are all on smash.gg you know. How can someone be this salty about players of a game they don't even play?

>36 unique IPs

Attached: 1468605542099.png (1000x967, 2.29M)

Ah dang, just a second too early haha.

Also your Hyde is improving quite quickly despite the break Blues.

please teach me how to mika, senpai

wtf

R-Really?

And? That doesn't mean anything. Maybe Dneco was dq'd for showing up late, or got frauded out somehow. Fact is, if no one saw it, I'm very sure it was no legitimate win.

please stop responding to trolls.

>people can't be good at video games
are you baiting? I honestly hope you are. Why are you trying to deny it so hard? it's like you're offended that someone is half decent at playing a game competitively. What's the issue with that?

The console release has less input lag than arcade versions, even ohito was dropping combos in GF. Kure missed a yellow throw. Its not exactly that unlikely.

>Being this obsessed
I bet you don't even play in these lobbies let alone play the game, stay mad faggot.

Plenty of people were watching including redblade. Maybe D Neco shouldn't have gone for so many hard commitment DPs then.

sorry, still new to these threads. is this onimarus?

Does Lolimaiko count as Yea Forums? Because he beat Notes.

they ran out of shirts before I got one

Always never sometimes 66b > 214x, maybe. 20% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Attached: 1541953669303.png (1018x936, 682K)

He hops in irregularly, though he did post on the Wednesday of E3 week mentioning about his somewhat long break from here.

Maybe he'll drop in again sooner or later.

Yeah, he joins lobbies occasionally and is in the Yea Forums evo PS message group.

I totally forgot Wald's IW is a grab

Attached: fuck.png (265x328, 152K)

ggs boys

Attached: 585544872031944704.png (128x128, 20K)

Ritter schild was here, fuck the Licht Kreis

Hahaha, happens.

GGs PS Lobby bros. Fun fights!

Might end up hopping in PC in a bit if there's room and I don't distract myself with something else.

Attached: linne47.jpg (1177x800, 438K)

ACTUALLY, BEFORE MIKA, PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO DASH BLOCK

There's a tutorial for that. It's actually good. Look it up in game, under tutorial.

How intense the hatefuck will be between Wagner and Londrekia after this?

Masturbate on mika

i did that tutorial, but for me doing it in netplay seems to be a completely different beast for some reason.

Fujos already hopped onto merk x londrekia, so not as hot as that.

>shipping the good looking bishie with the most alien character in the game
why

Just hold downback right after you input the dash. You'll still move forward a bit even if you quickly block right after you input the dash

Same reason cute girls keep getting raped by fat old men

Remember Melty Blood?

Attached: D9-42S3UEAA8nCO.jpg (1366x2048, 540K)

It's pretty tilt for me too having to adjust between 1f v 5f for you guys if it makes you feel any better

how to mika?

Attached: 1564960432639.png (215x281, 123K)

s-sorry

Play mission mode, learn to dashblock

Attached: 1564639827763.png (500x500, 113K)

623x.

Nah I haven't posted in the thread yet

is mika's missile + at max range? i have no idea how the x + whatever recovery frame data works
please teach me, senpai

NO I DIDNT GET TO SAVE THAT MIRROR

Dang, you could save this one instead, haha. That or the next one.

but we were so in sync that the grid cycle was neutral

Attached: Oh no 1.jpg (225x225, 8K)

That's certainly true. It was a pretty awesome mirror match hahaha.

XD

I don't think I've ever been so tilted and angry at UNIST before, 236c didn't come out 3 times on wake up...

Attached: 556f0bf951f864353c56c5d0f2aa90581254588428ace187ef6733323074c086.jpg (523x286, 155K)

That was 5[C] at the start right? I had no idea you could start a round with it to combo. Neat.

Is this lolb? I was wondering why your multi-punches weren't coming out to eat me alive.

You shout 'Potemkin' at the start of your combo and 'Gal Undo' at the end of the string

Attached: gal undo.png (928x522, 413K)

Yeah, I actually saved that replay just so I can check the inputs later to see if I actually messed up 236 or I just got fucked from timing.

>all the kiddies playing mika now that 2 were in top 8
yikes

>No new Enkiduchads in sight
a shame, really

Does being a summer sale enkiduchad count?

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_fuyuki_neigedhiver__7cea59478f207e201e32f724436b5b (979x1306, 354K)

psn lobby is done?

only if you main him

That's the power of memes.

Attached: powerofmemes.jpg (490x2048, 116K)

It ended about an hour ago. Got PC double dipping?

What the fuck, today I learned B GRIM REAPER is 9f startup, holy shit.

Attached: 3e680d08e00891bb32ec8abfd51dddf25fd9d45adaecb1f1a616e7ebda21aad0.jpg (1090x1454, 122K)

ggs pclobby, thanks for all the matches!
who knew getting bodied until 4 could be fun
and now i have even more mika replays to watch now...

Attached: Holy.jpg (256x256, 71K)

embarrassing

Thanks for the games guys. I'm both happy and sad that my controller kept cutting out randomly which made me drop those combos but at least I managed to land 360C without losing any damage consistently. That last one was going to be the realization of its full damage if my USB was cooperating.

Attached: Chaos Code Mika.jpg (650x918, 312K)

>fucked up A rekka after 5[c]

I wanted to put some time into enkidu but i know I'm already struggling enough

Attached: 1475260047960.jpg (433x380, 25K)

Attached: 201606201228030e8.jpg.png (1178x1772, 2.76M)

GGs m8. Keep up with that progress! I can see the improvements coming along nicely. Looking forward to our next bouts.

GGs and thanks for the fun ones too. Always a treat to see the 360C whipped out in those mika fights.

So I'm fairly new to the game, what time do you guys put up lobbys usually? I'm on PC and PS4.

9:30pm PST Sunday-Thursday

9:30PM PST Sunday-Thursday. Looking forward to seeing you!

thanks guys!

Fuck nice comeback round 2 Pyro

This top 8 will finally give us our Mika main

Thanks, I didn't expect to make that either actually, haha.

Any eu lobby for unist newfags?

Nice job Angel. next time, I suggest finishing with 623C however. Does more damage and would've finished lolb off there haha.

>this unist game looks fun although I'm garbage at fightans
>give it a try anyways
>get to the Infinite Worth combos tutorial
Haha... I guess I'll just fap to Mika's smile.

And yet I make the same mistake, hahaha.

Yeah I keep forgetting about it on top of the input itself still being difficult for me to get consistently

It's all good. I still mess it up a fair amount of times when going for it too and end up with 236C as well.

Is it the one with half-circle D?

are you using DS4? I've had the cut outs on that as well, so I'd recommend trying scptoolkit. haven't had any issues ever since.

Intermediate 5-12, I just don't have the skill to pull it off.

>Lobby thread is up

Attached: What.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Plenty of room left too on pc

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_series_and_etc_drawn_by_zaqloxxx__a5e06472f8a67af8a0a142a942a8ed84.jpg (430x664, 113K)

Sounds quite far in for Intermediate. I'll have to look it up.

Or do you mean the general training stuff?

I looked it up and that trial doesn't exist in Mika's Mission Mode.

Yeah, I meant general training. Anyways, don't worry man, I've already given up.

Ah bummer. I'm not usually one to give up on people but I'll respect your decision if you really aren't up to practicing.

GGs lolb. Those were some awesome fights. Seems you've still got the skills to pay the bills! I'll create another lobby.

Forgot to mention it's the same pass if you want to come back in Raz.

Attached: linne35.jpg (811x1200, 501K)

GGs pclobby
What a heartpounding match to end on Raz

Attached: __claudia_hortensia_and_kotomine_kirei_fate_series_and_etc_drawn_by_yukai_sachiko__966a835ea3a8a51db (997x700, 645K)

Nanase or Wagner? Is either one of them better for a beginner? Either more viable in general?

GGs lad. Have a good night sleep and see ya next time for sure!

Both are viable, all of the characters in under night are viable if you know how to shield and OS tech.

Nanase is a shoto with dirty mixups and wagner is a gorilla whose pressure never stops. So pick your poison there.

>No Vat or Linne in top 8
>both Mikas got smoked
What happened to the lolichads? Weren’t they supposed to save us?

Wagner is very beginner friendly. Nanase takes alittle more effort due to all of the charged attacks but not too much harder to pick up once you get past the aformentioned charges.

If you want to go gorilla I'd recommend Wagner.

Hiari and Jigankure both got smoked. Lolimaiko choked against libekichi.

But you got 2 Mikas in top 8 lolibro....

The 2 mikas is nice on paper but both of them got bullied so hard it might have been better if they scrubbed out early.

One of the mikas had to beat a vatista to get into top 8 though

GGs Raz. Playing all those rando characters was fun. Take care and have a good night. I'll catch you next time!

Attached: linne81.jpg (1300x1836, 213K)

>be me
>see unist top 8
>see game is free for weekend
>download and open tutorial
>adhd so i dont give a shit
>learn about ABC then close immediately
>pick enkidu cuz that canuck made him look cool (i now understand he is gatbage tier)
>hop straight into ranked matches
>get destroyed
i think people started memeing on me but not sure because i dont know enough about what gameplay is supposed to look like
>eventually matched with a wald
>only has 40-50 matches
>"oh hey another noob like me"
>get destroyed
>everything he does outranges me
>everytime im close he grabs
>everytime im far he does that command throw thing that slams you into the wall then into the opposite wall
>didnt learn how to deal with throws
>lose 5 matches straight
>"fuck it ill just use my A attack and hope hes minus"
>dash in and press A over and over
>sometimes do random C
>it works
>win game
>win next game
>he starts rejecting our matches
sern, youre a coward. youre lucky im not half as salty as you otherwise i wouldnt have dealt with that annoying wall to wall shit.
anyway fun game, ill try actually learning it when the new one is out next year

Attached: hmmmmmm.png (318x320, 142K)

Welcome to fighting games. You just learned a valuable lesson in losing. Now keep applying that train of thought and eventually you'll get more consistent in your win streaks.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next release.

P.S. Enkidu is great in the right hands and no character outright sucks in this one.

I hope to one day win a match without getting GRD broken.