Finishes the fight

>Finishes the fight

Attached: master-chief-square-542x542-f4aa513845bc4582a501100cc5550b48.jpg (542x542, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/HaloCERefined/
youtube.com/watch?v=oBv8UVOSG8U
youtube.com/watch?v=pM9yqsWBJaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...in Smash!

>Finishes the fight
>some shitty studio creates a fanfiction and ruins a trilogy
>Ends up being forgotten and only been remembered by fanboys in there 30s

>Ugly 343i NANOMACHINES redesign
fuck outta here

Attached: 1492487707941.jpg (857x1200, 603K)

This. But unironically.

>Standard Special: Plasma Pistol
>Side Special: Needler
>Up Special: Energy Sword Charge
>Down Special: Frag/Plasma/Pulse Grenade

> MY FIRST FPS !!!!111

ODST was the beginning of the end. God I miss when the series peaked with Halo 2

Attached: 1542376987002.jpg (524x767, 139K)

don't you mean halo 3?
also fuck you for making me think that was a hair on my screen

halo 2 had the best maps tho

Attached: 1542253892999.jpg (960x541, 72K)

It peaked with Halo 3.

Granted, but 3 had more content and a bigger playerbase.

>series peaked with 2
>no forge mode
>no theater mode
>no file share
>lower population than 3
Damn 2fags suffer from some revisionist history. Also Reach was the beginning of the end, ODST was just DLC that Microsoft jews marked up so technically we can also chalk on firefight and another campaign to Halo 3's zenith.

Attached: 1200px-TheLife_-_Drill_instructor.png (1200x665, 486K)

Didn't like ODST but this, 2 fans have a massive revisionist history.

>Standard Special: Assault Rifle with reload time
>Side Special: Precision Sniper Shot
>Up Special: Thruster Pack
>Down Special: Gravity Hammer/ Fist of Rukt version

>Up Smash: Spartan Laser
>Side Smash: Energy Sword
>Down Smash: Two stickies thrown to the ground

>Didn't like ODST but this, 2 fans have a massive revisionist history.
ok i'll admit i liked 2 the most because i never got a 360 and only played 3 at a friends house

Attached: 1562860863105.png (208x464, 50K)

2 was good, but everyone knows 1 was better and 3 trumped both.

Attached: 1564044860110.jpg (1234x828, 335K)

Down b or dsmash should be a trip mine

*glasses half of Africa

Attached: glass2.png (440x495, 300K)

>Great trilogy with an extreme emphasis on story
>IP given to a studio which severely lack capabilities in story telling
>Openly admits to hiring people who hated Halo
This went where most could have guessed it would.
It's the sad aspect of modern necessity for a company to milk as much as possible out of their properties.

All great stories need an end and microsoft and 343 fucked it.

Does Microsoft have a replacement?

fucking 3babies I swear

>Writing took a huge nosedive, basically a generic action plot, truth's character is ruined
>Core gameplay is slowed down and less responsive and tight
>MP map design is worse and less vertical
>OST is worse
>Campaign is a step down, most of 3's missions are only good, wheras 2 has over 8 great to fantastic missions

3 indeed has more content and modularity, but that and better visuals is all it really has. I'd even concede that while 2 has much more 8/10 and better missions then 3, 3 had less bad missions, but even if you give them a tie there; forge, graphics, etc doesn't make up for the way worse core gameplay, drop in writing, map design, etc.

I'd even argue Reach is on par with or perhaps even better then 3 The campaign is at least as good: Nothing in Reach hits the highs of The Covenant, The Ark, or Tsavo Highway, but the overall average mission quality is better. The wrting and story is an improvement too: At least Reach has better use of tone and thematics then 3, interestinvg camera angles, and a cast of characters that gets play and time to interact with each other. It's got even more content then 3 as well with way more modes, a vastly improved forge, etc; as well as a better weapon sandbox/balancing and slightly more respoinsive core gameplay even if it's not as fast paced. The only thing's 3 got over Reach is the OST and better MP maps.

>Campaign
2 > ODST > 3 = Reach > CE

>Core MP
2 > CE > 3 > Reach

>Customs/Forge/etc
Reach > 3 > 2 > CE

Just FUCKING release it on PC already.

More like 2 has like 2 fantastic missions and mostly shit ones, where 3 has mostly good ones and like 4 fantastic ones.

You missed out, seemed like for a year it just Halo, Halo, Halo. Mythic map pack (Sandbox was the most forge dedicated map and largest if you count the 3 tiers), Vidmaster recon, ODST, Halo Wars.
Sometimes quality was debatable and the cost was questionable, but the quantity was undeniable.
Also
>no armor customization beyond emblems and colors
>specifically, armor customization that was based around shit like collecting all the skulls, unlocking all the achievements, reaching levels in ranked that didn't require sacrificing your fucking life grinding like in Reach
>and best of all, no microtransactions
you're not fooling anyone 343 tranny.

based halo 2 poster

Attached: military inspired look.jpg (1080x1080, 241K)

Reach's story is somewhat blemished by the retcons it takes liberty with over the source material.
Dont hate, just playing devils advocate for what I find the most common disgruntle hardcore halo fans have with reach.
Personally I enjoyed Reach as well.

Unfortunately creating a golden goose of an IP encourages a lack of creativity as the best, low risk business move is to simply milk it to death but yes I get your point. MS have done fuck all worth while for finding a replacement ip and happily handed the reigns over to 343.

>>Finishes the fight
The fight is still fucking going though? It's been going on for years! He fucking failed!

Reach's story has nothing to do with the source material because if anyone actually read this shit Chief only does one thing (take out a compromised orbital platform) before leaving. Red Team does a couple more things, most of them involve getting the absolute shit glassed out of them before retreating down a big hole. I have yet to see anyone suggest how one would do a source faithful game adaptation that doesn't abandon the actual fall of Reach in favor of following John growing up.

Reach's real issue is that Noble Team together has the personality of wet bread and only gets wetter after the Jorge is the first to die. Also that cloaked supercarrier BS.
Chief started a new one to get better WIFI.

>Chief started a new one to get better WIFI.
I'm a bit liquored right now but, what?

>Customs/Forge/etc
>Reach > 3

Attached: pence no.gif (414x382, 3.07M)

Attached: Master_Chief_in_Smash.jpg (4518x1870, 3.5M)

They were trying to get a message to Infinity at the core of the planet, taking out the beacons keeping the Didact secure as Cortana thought it was jamming their signal. But they didn't really have anything to do with that the Didact was just trying to fuck them.

>nostalgiafags

3 forge was how it should have been not no minecraft bullshit.

ATTENTION ALL 3BABIES
HALO 3'S STORY WAS BORING
FORGE WAS ALWAYS AUTISTIC
ARMOR LOCK WAS FINE
BRUTES WERE SHITTY ENEMIES JUST LIKE THE PROMETHEANS

Attached: 1526160180584.jpg (1058x1060, 107K)

you mean reach? ODST is kino

based and LOCKpilled

Attached: rektbyARMORLOCK.gif (485x210, 170K)

Halo 1 first half is amazing, the second half is not as good but still solid, Halo 2 first two levels are amazing but takes a nosedive off a cliff after that and can barely really recover from it, Halo 3 has nothing but great levels with one bad level, ODST felt like Bungie didn't put much effort in it, Reach sucked, Hal 4 had it's moments but dragged down by poor design decisions, Halo 5 had some good gameplay but the campaign is so bad it makes it almost forgettable.

>343i tranny switches from saying 3babs love Reach to saying 3babs hate Reach

Halo 3 retards are the same idiots that defend reach, and sometimes 343s halos
None of you are halo fans. Halo 2 was the best, and most competitive online.

Not them but 3babies do love Reach and so does 343i shills. Both are cancer to the community and it's best to ignore both, I'm just a Halo fan, one that started with Halo 1.

Not him but mp doesn't dictate the best Halo game, campaign does.

>343i tranny switches to hiding behind 2/CE again

>I'm just a Halo fan, one that started with Halo 1
No you didn't, you fucking child. No go away.

Whatever you say, 3baby, you and the 343i shills need to make up and kiss, go back to playing Reach together.

Before you post any more. We've already heard it all before.

Attached: 343shill.png (1239x443, 39K)

3bros are the ones who constantly vocalize there hatred for Reach lol

Yes, I did, you stupid fuckers are annoying, you're as bad as the so called Halo 2 turds who came out of their caves in 2007 to shit n Hal 3 when they had no room to talk when Halo 2 sucked in comparison to Halo 1. 3 was great but it brought in shitheads, 4 brought in faggots, you need to fuck off.

Nah, here's how I'd rank 2 and 3s missions

>Fantastic
The Covenant
Delta Halo
Regret
The Ark

>Great
Tsavo Highway
The Great Journey
Metropolis
Outskirts
Gravemind
Cairo station

>Good
Halo
Sierra 117
The Storm
Crows Nest

>Medicore
The Arbiter
High Charity
Sacred Icon

>Bad
Quarantine Zone
Cortana
The Oracle

343 didn't get mentioned you cuck

Reach's forge is objectively, factually superior to 3's.

Massively improved budget and object limit, physics settings, grid system, like 5x the amount of objects, and a massively larger sandbox map to actually build shit on. Not to mention primitive scripting abilities as well.

>b-but everything looks the same

so did everything in foundry and sandbox in halo 3

IMO only the length of the fall is a big deal and even then that's not an issue with Reach itself in isolation

I disagree: Yes, 2 has a lot of flawed missions, but pretty much EVERY mission in CE suffers from the issues 2's worse missions do.
Here's how i'd rate CE, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach's missions, I guess to expand on the list I gave above

The Covenant > Mombassa Streets > Delta Halo > Regret > The Ark > Lone Wolf > The Great Journey > Tsavo Highway = The Silent Cartographer > Uplift Reserve > Metropolis = Outskirts > Long Night of Solace > Coastal Highway = Gravemind > The Pillar of Autumn (Reach) > Kikowani Station = Assault on the Control room > Cairo Station = NMPD HQ > Truth and Reconciliation = Halo (3) = Tip of the Spear > The Package = ONI Alpha = Site Sierra 117 > The Storm = Tayari Plaza > Kizingo Boulevard = Exodus > Uprising = Crows Nest = Data Hive > Nightfall > The Package > Winter Contingency = The Pillar of Autumn (CE) > ONI: Sword Base > New Alexandria > Halo (CE) = 343 guilty spark > The Arbiter > High Charity > Sacred Icon > The Maw = Floogate > Keyes > Two Betrayals > Quarantine Zone = Cortana > The Oracle > The Library

Agreed with your asssments of 4 and 5 though

Half of the shit in that post are valid points. '

>when Halo 2 sucked in comparison to Halo 1

Bullshit

2's core gameplay is better. Movement and jumping is more responsive, aiming is tighter, the gameplay is faster, etc. And while CE and 2 both have similar design principals (unlike 3) for the MP maps, 2 has the higher average quality.

2's writing/story is inarguably better: CE barely had a plot, with most of it being an excuse to justify mission transitions. Dialog had medicore delivery, there's barely any dynamic animation in cutscenes, and all the characters are cardboard cutouts. 2 actually has multiple narrative threads, characters that undergo development, real animations during cutscenes, symbolic framing, etc. If you PREFER a minimalist story, that';s fine, but don't act like it's better

In terms of the campaign missions, 2 is a clear improvement and it baffles me people think otherwise. People say CE has "less linear" levels then 2, but The only non-linear level in CE is mission 2, which just plops 3 playspaces around the map and then has a giant, empty ass field with nothing in it between the 3. All that's gained from it's nonlinearity is which order you do each objective, wheras what you give up having any sort of good level design overall

What people mean is that CE ostensibly has more large combat spaces then 2 does, but 2 has just as many and most are just as big, the only difference is 2 actually has buildings, trees, cliffs, rocks, and other structures inside those spaces to make the level design interesting, wheras in CE they are all mostly empty: which is bad since due to the geometry is always the same, the way you approach encounters is the same/doesn't matter, vs 2's more differing layouts and geometry means different encounters. And nearly all of CE's campaign suffers from the same copy pasted repetitive coirdodor shit for indoor spaces that the malgined arbiter levels do in 2

All CE has over 2 is weapon balance

>this faggot loves bullet magnetism and kilometer-long homing melee lunges

Brutes are nowhere near as ugly or annoying as Prometheans.

I don't, but i'll take that when it comes with the the faster anfd more responsive movement speed, snappier aiming, and less floaty jumps, to say nothing of the better map design, and massively improved campaign mission design and narrative and having actual custom game options

>with the the faster anfd

Attached: 1479169128015.gif (300x168, 121K)

>Finished the fight.
>Started a new fight.

Yes, movement speed is faster in 2 then CE.

Many love Reach.

I have started since "Halo", not CE, the name M$ gave it.

Dude, one or two posts per person, damn.

Why do 2 fans write so much?

>2000 characters is "writing so much"

You have a problem if you have to type that much to make a point every time.

>Up-B isn't grenade jump
into the trash it goes

wanna play CE, what mods/patches should I get?

I mean I could have gone

>2 has better core gameplay
>2 has better MP maps
>2 has a better story
>2 has better campaign level design

but that's just asserting somethihng, not explaining each point.

old.reddit.com/r/HaloCERefined/
>inb4 plebbit

>that pic
holy shit, what a way to advertise that you smoke cock. even pant knees are blown out from the friction. second to only the freaks at pride parades.

I hope he gets in

Does this mod fix mouseaim?

>2 has better core gameplay
It doesn't, the campaign has poor level design and pacing, plus the Flood's AI got dumbed down and the Brutes sucked.
>2 has better MP maps
True not going to argue here
>2 has a better story
Simple is always better, Bungie could have came up with better way to expand on the Covenant over the direction they went with.
>2 has better campaign level design
Yeah, no, its levels kind of sucked fr the most part, the best it had to offer were the first two levels and the Delta Halo level.

PC WHEN?

>Trailer picks up where Ridley's initial trailer left off
>Samus is fighting Ridley in her Zero suit but is losing
>Ridley grabs Samus and flys up into the sky, crashing out of whatever area they were in originally
>Blasts Ridley with her gun, causing her to Drop her
>Samus is left free falling
>As she falls flys after her ready to blast her
>Just before he does a aircraft flys by, which she uses her guns whip to grab on to.
>She climbs in top of the air craft as Ridley chases after it
>Ridley fires at the ship as Samus re-equips her suit
>A voice female voice can be heard telling Samus "you better hold on tight as the ship dodges Ridley's blasts
>Ridley finally manages to hit the ship and it starts to make a crash landing onto a snow covered mountainous area
>The aircraft crashes, but Samus jumps off before that and lands on her feet.
>She looks back at the aircraft and attempts to run to it and and pull out whoever was flying it.
>Ridley fires a blast at Samus, she just barely dodges, getting hit in the leg
>Most of the attack hits the ship, causing it to go up in flames.
>Ridley makes a fierce landing and roars while flapping his wings.
>Ridley flies after Samus, as she braces herself
>A male voice comes in over Samus' helmet and says "keep your head down"
>A red laser hits Ridley, sending him recoiling.
>One final Effert from Halo 3 starts playing
>Both Samus and Ridley look to see who fired the shot
>Master Chief steps out of the burning Pelican
>Splash Screen appears: Master Chief Finishes the Fight
>Cut to gameplay
>Reveal "The Citadel" as his stage
>Cut back to trailer, as Master Chief runs out of Ammo from his Spartan laser
>Master Chief says over his comms "I need a weapon"
>As Ridley Charges at him a drop pod holding a Needler and a Covenant Carbine fall from the sky in front of them.
>Chief grabs the weapons and the trailer cuts back to gameplay to show his specials
>Reveal a costume based on his Mark V armor
>Trailer ends with his FS

Based

With MJOLNIR finally looking good again, which brain dead 343i design do you hope they backtrack on the most for Infinite?
>Hard Mode: Can't choose Elites.

Attached: z6iKlDx.png (790x1390, 1.26M)

The over-all look of the UNSC weaponry in general, but specifically the Battle Rifle. How you go from the downright sexy design of the Halo 2/3 BR to the boxy piece of garbage in 4/5 is beyond me and I will be eternally pissed the did my raifu dirty like that.

Attached: brs.png (1913x1305, 1.63M)

Every single thing. Nobody at 343i is competent at visual design. They all have the aesthetic tastes of an edgy 12-year-old.

BR is a brainlet weapon DMR all day

>Fantastic
The Silent Cartographer
Assault on the Control Room
Delta Halo
The Ark
The Covenant
>Great
Halo (CE)
Two Betrayals
The Maw
Outskirts
Quarantine Zone
Gravemind
The Storm
>Good
The Pillar of Autumn
Truth and Reconciliation
Cairo Station
Metropolis
The Arbiter
Regret
Uprising
The Great Journey
Sierra 117
Tsavo Highway
>Mediocre
343 Guilty Spark
Sacred Icon
Halo (3)
>Bad
The Library
Keyes
The Oracle
High Charity
Crow's Nest
Floodgate
Cortana

The MCC is out soon r-right guys?

Attached: 1533022144281.jpg (2040x1660, 365K)

Next year

Attached: 1546311041379.jpg (331x332, 18K)

>RNG bloom
Fuck no. Even the pistol is superior to the shiMR

Took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. Totally forgot that I was super hyped for it.

Can someone give me the run down on Halo 4?

Decent campaign, shit everything else.

All the UNSC architecture. I think they've just completely missed the point lately. It's supposed to look familiar to current human architecture. Not out of laziness, but to evoke a realistic 'homey' feeling. You'd instantly ascribe function to all the equipment and screens you see around because obviously basic things (like trash cans, tables, chairs, doors, etc.) will still be used 500 years from now.

If I'm honest they need to do something similar with the Forerunner architecture as well.

shit campaign, shitter everything else

>arbiter does it for him

youtube.com/watch?v=oBv8UVOSG8U

Explain why you think 2 has worse level design then/refute why I think it has better level design:

>In terms of the campaign missions, 2 is a clear improvement and it baffles me people think otherwise. People say CE has "less linear" levels then 2, but The only non-linear level in CE is mission 2, which just plops 3 playspaces around the map and then has a giant, empty ass field with nothing in it between the 3. All that's gained from it's nonlinearity is which order you do each objective, wheras what you give up having any sort of good level design overall

>What people mean is that CE ostensibly has more large combat spaces then 2 does, but 2 has just as many and most are just as big, the only difference is 2 actually has buildings, trees, cliffs, rocks, and other structures inside those spaces to make the level design interesting, wheras in CE they are all mostly empty: which is bad since due to the geometry is always the same, the way you approach encounters is the same/doesn't matter, vs 2's more differing layouts and geometry means different encounters. And nearly all of CE's campaign suffers from the same copy pasted repetitive coirdodor shit for indoor spaces that the malgined arbiter levels do in 2

-------------------

>Simple is always better

No, fuck off. If you prefer a minimalistic story then fine, but don't act as if CE's writing or plot isn't vastly inferior to 2's on any actual measure of narrative complexity, symbolism, writing, etc.

>Bungie could have came up with better way to expand on the Covenant over the direction they went with.

such as?>

>3babies don't even realize the BR has worse random spread in 3 then the DMR does in reach

Why do Halo 3 babies hate Halo 2?

I dunno I play on Legendary so 2's balance is infamously fucked. Probably the best campaign story though.

Because competitivefags and storyfags who didn' care about gameplay or level design wouldn't shut the hell up about Halo 2 during that time, they were mad Halo 3 was going back to Halo 1 and not be a true continuation of Halo 2 which no one wanted as far as campaign was concerned.

>they were mad Halo 3 was going back to Halo 1

explain this

Shit everything.

*didn't

I don't know, maybe because it's a rushed piece of shit.

What Halo game had the best weapon balance and sandbox?

Simple, no Arbiter levels.

marines or jackals.

All the fucking covenant, they need to actually look alien rather than just dinosaurs in space

>343i justifies their shit redesigns of the covenant as 'subtypes'
and people ate that shit up.

If it keeps the old designs that's fine.

Halo Wars 2 wasn't very good.

Attached: 1564616036093.jpg (550x627, 58K)

i dont understand why halofags in fight when they should just agree all of bungie's halos are great and anything made by 343 is an abomination

>A half finished sequel that got fuck all polish
>better than the polished finale

>SAYING THINGS IN CAPS MAKES THEM TRUE

How can that be the case when Bungie stopped trying with ODST and Reach, you can call me a shill all you want hell call me a tranny (even though I'm not one) but ignoring the shit stains that were ODST and Reach was possibly the most based thing 343 has ever done. I want to forget ODST and Reach happened. I would hve far more respect for Bungie if Microsoft never forced them to make those games.

Dude. 343i based Halo 4 ENTIRELY on Halo Reach.

>Dude. 343i based Halo 4 ENTIRELY on Halo Reach.

youtube.com/watch?v=pM9yqsWBJaE

It is based on Reach's engine and uses the shit Reach introduced, like loadouts. The only thing they did was introduce more CoD elements that fit with the changes of Reach. It was Reach 2.0.

And you honestly think I was happy about that? Thanks to you dumb fuckers we got that, the only thing that does make me happy is that the campaign was better making me finally forget Reach, fuck you guys for ruining Halo's multiplayer until 2018.

Fucking 2babies I swear

go back to your auto aim garbage

these posts were written by a halo 5 shill pretending to be a ce vet

>these posts were written by a halo 5 shill pretending to be a ce vet
Keep telling yourself that and it's called Halo, you zoomer ass mother fucker, not CE. You supposed to be a Bungie fan yet you're using the fucking MS subtitle, you dumb fucking retard.

keep making excuses, 70iq 343i shill

tell me how much you love halo 5 and how similar it is to the original

I don't love it dipshit, the only good campaigns to come out of this series was Halo 1 and 3, the rest is either shit or serviceable. Infinite seems like it'll be the first Halo campaign worth playing since Halo 3, you want a good Halo game, look at Halo 1 and 3, truly the only good Halo games to come from this series.

Oh you're a different user my mistake

does anyone have a link to that youtube multiplier of master chief crashing the spaceship into the twin towers?

Attached: file.png (604x516, 87K)

>New Map: Blood Gulch