Is FF14 any good?

Is FF14 any good?

Attached: ff-14-screenshots-03.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/SmokyDoubtfulParrotPraiseIt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, it's better than WoW. Want a recruit-a-friend code?

better than 12,13,15 at least

I already made a free trail account
The only FF I've played is 13 so that doesn't tell me much.

its alright if you like the idea of a casual and FF-fanservice-centric MMORPG and playing through an anime storyline as the main source in content. don't expect some deep persistent world. it excels in music, armor design, instanced content and campaign missions but has nothing if you expect deeper MMORPG traits like character builds and a dangerous, immersive world.

no
its fucking pay to win

You can use RAF codes soon as you buy the game, you get a grace period of 30 days

Can Square make a fucking Final Fantasy without some massive "innovative" gameplay/combat gimmick attached to it that ruins the game? Seriously, it's been nearly 20 years since we got a decent Final Fantasy.

the only good thing about the game is the potato race

nope

Lalafel design literally kept me from playing this game. Well, that and version 1.0. Well done, kuzueni

Is this the best looking Paladin armor?

wtf the potato told me it was a wizard robe. Why do i look like a granma?!

Attached: ffxiv_08042019_215509_153.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

what?

Just in case, here's my Recruit-A-Friend code.

B57KZDAH

i wish i could forcibly stop everyone here from playing this "game" anymore, so that they could escape to greener pastures of life or at least better games

What is the pinnacle female potato job?

Attached: 1540589190183.png (1280x960, 1.42M)

It's a conclusion you can only reach on your own, no different from drug addiction

examples of better mmos?

the end game is complete ass, and everyones excuse is "you're just supposed to hop on and off randomly that's what the creators said!!1!" Like fuck off, i want to grind for something, and it's not in this game at all

>mmos
i said games

Its the best themepark MMO available right now and is free for a decent amount of hours to see if it hooks you or not.

I quit playing FFXI about 5 years ago because I was missing out on real games. And life, but I haven't gotten to that yet

The way I figure it, 2 things are going to happen: a) You will stop playing by your own accord, and all of the "progress" you've made will be utterly meaningless, or b) You will die playing the game or be forcibly stopped by some other result of your horrific life choices

Once you look forward, there's really only one choice. No one wants option B

Game just finished downloading, how's the gameplay with a controller?

but how do we hasten the obvious choice/conclusion? too many lives are rotting away that don't need to be

WoW Classic, August 27

Where the fuck do you potatofags keep the secret stash of potato lewds?

Attached: 1551895098257.jpg (800x653, 84K)

No, final fantasy is for experimentation. Play dq if you want a kino experience

The government should fund PSAs
The same way we had "this guy smoked for 30 years" lung pictures

clips.twitch.tv/SmokyDoubtfulParrotPraiseIt

This is what you will turn into, Yea Forums.

Attached: 1564765021982.png (960x960, 1001K)

Attached: baked potato.jpg (900x640, 169K)

imagine spending all of your day playing a GUI game with flashing numbers and icons everywhere

People get mad all the time when raiding, it's annoying but I don't get why you are linking this or why it matters.

so this is what raiders look like lol. i'll casually clear this tier with pugs like usual

it's a tranny cesspool just like VRchat

this is really the only way to do it, let the assmad trannys get their day one clears and quit. Ive met my best game friends in pug raids

Attached: 1563762670205.png (585x512, 132K)

How this game ever survived 1.0 is a testament to how much SE fans eat shit

All I want to do is just casually do some raiding with like minded people who are midcore. I don't care about world first shit or anything like that.

>Had to be rebooted twice
>took 3 content expansions and 2 other FF pandering inserts to be "good"
You tell me

Attached: 488.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

No, people saying 1.x was good is a testament to that.
If a bad game gets taken down and remade then how is supporting a remade version of the game the same as supporting the original?

But then you won't get the Reddit upcummies!

Attached: 1551905633518.png (866x900, 159K)

That's truly the comfiest but hardest to find environment.

>rebooted twice
>implying the game wasnt good from the start of ARR
Why are you even in this thread if you so clearly hate the game?

>twice
Once and it also took 1 expansion to be good.

Attached: 1498656389528.jpg (486x485, 81K)

The gameplay is worse than WoW and the dungeon design is years behind and simplistic garbage. There's really no pvp scene so unless you REALLY REALLY like the theme, it's average.

Uh oh you guys messed up. You & Tyler posted FFXIV threads at the same time again...

What does this even mean?

Hardcore raiders are attention seekers looking for approval.

> I don't care about world first shit or anything like that.

Neither do hardcore players. That's why none of the hardcore players from other games give a rats ass about FF14 because the content is ridiculously easy and basic.

that is why I just don't try to look anymore.

>wowfag seething
every thread

It there a goddamn up to date guide for 50-70 gathering? All shit seems out of date when it comes to collectibles primarily.

No one gives a fuck about "world firsts" anyways. It's just a bunch of edge lords chasing a title that gets forgotten a month after release.

only if you REALLY REALLY like playing dress up with a combat minigame to go with it

Hardcore raiders give authenticity to MMO's. You should get on your knees and suck every trannies dick for keep your game alive.

What do you need a guide for? The game already offers everything you need to know. Stop being a retard and do things without other people holding your hand.

moogle

Yeah, I rather give Yea Forums their gay bird than reddit.

Post better mmos

I am doing it. I'm pretty much getting 500+ collectables with my own thought out rotation (which didn't need much thought really). I'm more irriated that as popular FFXIV, there's a lack of autists when it comes to guides.

I want to go ninja but I don't see it anywhere in the disciples of war menu, how do I get it please help!

Fucking this. WoW has so many resources out there like Wowhead, MMOchamp, etc. but XIV has absolutely none and the closest thing is the balance discord and they don't post their shit outside of discord.

>Hardcore raiders give authenticity to MMO's.

Attached: 1562114981284.jpg (1076x829, 47K)

Nigga google it

>mmos
i already stated that i said G A M E S, but if you must, it's called leaving your room for something other than pooping and eating

yea its fun if you like a PVE game. you'll probably be overwhelmed with how much there is to do. Theres crafting jobs/market jewing and PvP if you aren't crazy on PVE.

Make sure you go to Gold Saucer to chill and have fun playing mini games after a hard days grind too.

Attached: lalafell.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

How do I actually play this game and not get bored after 10 minutes and logging out?

I wish I was 16 again.

>amazon emotes
go sub to asmongold or tfue faggot

>hating on Heavensward
No, this does not please Ser Aymeric.

>i'm a manchild still wasting away in a mmo
just stop

MMOs are games, stop being obtuse.

You better tell me where the fucking potato lewds are right now I swear to god.

Attached: 1541024747579.png (591x554, 212K)

Stop being a retard and trying to tell others how they should enjoy their free time.

I did and it says I need to be a rogue first, but there isn't a rogue option in there either

No difference between an MMO and any other game, you are wasting your time regardless.

Nigga read

Attached: 27EDCEB4-CCA7-4AAC-A14A-64052B7529B0.jpg (750x425, 129K)

>game has an end or pauses
vs
>game that needs your very life essence and needs you always playing

>If a bad game gets taken down and remade then how is supporting a remade version of the game the same as supporting the original?
Because it usually won't work. A product that gets shit on is something you reboot under a different brand, because most people will be disinterested by association

MMOs delude players by going on a power trip. Living a fake fantasy where they're under the impression that they are becoming powerful and making progress via self-inserting their avatars. Real games are actually fun or have compelling stories and settings.

So there's no difference between FFXIV and Pacman? Idiot...

>Because it usually won't work.
Arguably FFXIV did work, and there's plenty of evidence to show that it survived how much of an utter failure 1.0 was.

thats not xiv, you do you dailys and weeklies and log out

user stop being a retard. You don’t need to play ff14. Just because you can’t stop your addiction doesn’t mean other can’t. Stop projecting.

0. They both are a waste of time.

I’m starting to think they have wow and ff14 mixed up.

>daily/weekly requirements
so basically as bad as mobile gacha shit

Sounds like wow.

Go back already r*dditscum.

First of all FFXIV is an online game. You can interact with other players and make friends. You can constantly grow and build yourself (home included). You can't do that for a generic offline arcade game like Pacman. Playing Pacman would be a waste of time. Playing FFXIV has the potential to change your life.

I'm looking at the /vg/ thread and they seem to have no guilds, does it work different in this game? Which is the most popular server in Yea Forums?

1 gives you more social skills than the other.

>daily tribute to the mmo god is required
sounds like it needs your life essence, then

WTKSDNTQ

>people pretending like ARR wasn't peak kino at the time and still serves as a great introduction for things to come
I am still amazed at how much world-building there is in ARR and post ARR content.

Retard

Thanks for proving me right with your shitty 1 word reply. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Yes

Not as good as wow used to be but better than it is now
Severly lacking in good pvp options.

kill all lalafell players irl

I'm interesting in getting this game, what gameplays do you recomend watching before buying it?

>Invalid.

already bought shadow bringers so that means can get the invite friend thing right?

Lvl 50 ACL rotation.

wow you guys have a fucking slugfest going on don’t ya
can we pretend that this site isn’t trashy for one thread at least
I’m looking forward to trying out both WoW Classic and FFXIV, they are both decent games. Some of you need to play actual trash games so you can tell when you’re playing a decent/passable game, which is what most mmos out right now are.

Play the free trial

Yes

ESO is a good game.

ESO is not a good game.

Lies

>it's better than WoW
Yikes let's not set the bar too high now

Looks fun yeah, but from what i’ve seen I’d get bored with the fashion in that game, which seems lackluster compared to others, given most other mmos are high fantasy

I realize it's outside the scope of this thread but try FF6 on a SNES emulator later. Then FF7, 8 and 9 via ePSXe. Then FFX via PCSX2. They're all vastly superior to 13. So is 4 and 5 but I wouldn't recommend starting with those.

I've played a lot of MMOs, I've even played ESO on and off for a few years.
It had the potential to be a good game but now it's just a cash shop with a secondary game attached to it.

Square doesn't exist anymore. Have you been living under a rock? In just a few years it will be 20 years since they ceased to exist. We won't ever get good FF again.

If ESO scraps their shitty weapon swap and implements a skill tree for every class and actually makes their game a MMO it would be a dream come true.

No it would not.
>Quarterly content updates have gotten smaller over time.
>Balance is terrible and they just keep flipflopping constantly over what's strong and what isn't.
>Wide sweeping combat changes whenever they feel like.
>Focus is very clearly on their cash shop over their actual game.
>Game is full of sets, but so many of them are useless each role in PvE uses a handful of sets at most.
>Performance a complete crapshoot with no fix in sight.
>PvP feels secondary, no reward for people dedicated to PvP.
>All the dropped systems over the years (heists being a big one).
>Commitment to DLC structure and everything happening at once means story progression is chaotic and can never incorporate past systems.
>B2P + Optional Sub + Paid Expansions is obnoxious.
Game is a shitshow. I could go on.

How do people fuck up with callouts lmao?

fuuuuuuck I want another good mmo either than WoW or FFXIV. ESO was my last hope.

No seriously why did the do freak out? He said right multiple times and the dude just went nuclear.

I would unironically say play GW2 over ESO if you want a horizontal progression MMO, but GW2 is a very ugly game. ESO isn't much prettier but it at least hasn't gone full korea tier with wings and glowing shit (though it's getting there).

Some people can't handle pressure, like the guy getting angry.

He had no reason to get pissed off though. I would've kicked him out right there. I'm a casual raider so IDK the rules over this

He might be an old WoW players, this was the norm back in WoW. I honestly expected a kick or him to leave.

It's better than WoW but it's still shit since it's an MMO.

Critics and public like it, so I guess it is???

Attached: 959294915.jpg (1079x762, 212K)

this girl was shredding it on the harp in limsa.

I gotta say Limsa is super comfy, i'll stay in limsa from now on instead of uldah.

Attached: ffxiv_08042019_200555_662.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

Any tank

I'm already playing and seeing tiny characters act tough like the debt collector makes me laugh

You have Free Companies. Same thing under a different name.
>Which is the most popular server in Yea Forums?
Balmung if /xivg/, but the entire Crystal data center is focused on casual aspects like roleplaying, crafting and housing. Don't go there if you're heavily into raiding and aren't willing to put in the work to get a group going from scratch.
Besides Crystal, you can pick any server and be fine.

Limsa>Uldah
Limsa is always bumping

fuck off erp faggot

It has soul, which WOW is severely lacking

Fuck off dumb sandnigger

I like Ul'dah more, getting around limsa is a pain but it does look nice.

Also I hope that bitch was actually playing and not using some macro to play zelda garbage

>Better scenery
>Better music
>More bustling
Immortalkeks literally cant compete

Limsa is only good because the aetheryte drops you next to the inn and the markets. It's shit for anything else.

recently i've come to the conclusion that MMORPG's are the endgame of video games.

It's the best themepark MMO out right now, which unfortunately makes it the best MMO out right now because sandbox MMOs are dead as shit.

It's rather story-heavy for an MMO, which can be hit or miss depending on if you're into that or not. But the graphics, music, and FF skin are pretty great.

If you're interested check it out. There's a free trial up to level 35 (you could try each class to 35 without paying anything), which is like two weeks of casual playing.

How the fuck do you find friends/like minded people in this game?

I'm in an FC full of married couples, and they're so boring to talk to and interact with. Hell, we don't even clear content. I just want to find a group of decent dudes to clear content with.

Attached: 1543489067747.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

MNKfag dropped his stacks.

it's also based & redpilled

Attached: 153464353547.jpg (719x957, 110K)

I can't tell if your talking about ESO or FFXIV here

it's a WoW clone with shittier gameplay, balance, graphics, music and game mechanics than FFXI.

Yes because XIV is a B2P game with an optional sub.
Based retard.

>retard who never played the game

Attached: 163641681.jpg (1024x682, 190K)

But how? He's still in melee range. He can still keep hitting when moving to the right lmao.

I did.
It's ass.
The endgame isnt even any good, it's just "dont stand in the red circles on the ground and spam your global cooldown abilities" like all WoW clone trash.

Attached: 1256151762403.png (236x236, 29K)

Attached: flat800x800070f.png (800x542, 205K)

imagine being this wrong

I wish they'd come up with some sort of alternative to the current Savage loot structure. It's pretty shitty if you have a group of like say 10 people who want to play together, you're either forced to split into two groups and deal with random assholes or completely fuck somebody's loot. I honestly don't know what the solution should be, but as it stands right now I feel it's too rigid.

I don't even really know why they give a fuck if:
>people sell clears and buy regardless of loot structure
>endbosses literally get cleared within the week
i find it really fucking hard to believe they're trying to force people to play through the msq just to play with your 5 other friends who also want to do savage. shit sucks.

Attached: 1564905228833.jpg (229x220, 5K)

it's a game

Fucking kill me please.

Attached: Screenshot_67.png (435x232, 189K)

>keep seeing titan enrage
>group is totally bent on killing it this week
>despite the fact none of them want to use crafted gear or pentameld, and that our comp is missing a magic dps so no mainstat increase

I'm fine killing it next week. I just want to go to bed. The worst part is we're going again tomorrow for 5 hours.

Attached: 34535.jpg (746x897, 92K)

What server?

Primal, I thought I would be safe here, but I shouldnt be surprised either when doing treasure hunting, since every slutglam wants that new shirt.

Attached: ffxiv_08042019_153128_383.png (381x51, 36K)

People who macro autistic shit like this should unironically be gassed.

FFXIV ends when I beat SHB.

>group hellbent on doing a week 1 full clear
>not willing to invest in crafted gear/overmelds
My condolences, sounds like your teammates are missing a few lightbulbs in the head

Attached: 1559481343309.jpg (1024x929, 82K)

>Got Omega-M in wt
>Have to wait until reset to get it because I have phantasmagoria capped

Attached: 1546829836430.jpg (398x415, 49K)

Actually, the Merger killed Enix.
As they retardedly kept on the Square execs who had run the company into the ground.

This sounds like a Lala player

Emergency maintenance when?

For?