What the fuck does this statue do? Found it in a dungeon, makes heavenly noises when I interact with it

What the fuck does this statue do? Found it in a dungeon, makes heavenly noises when I interact with it.

Also, daggerfall thread. If you'd like to download and play, check out the unity port here: dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/live-builds/

Attached: statue.png (1921x1071, 658K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QKn9yiLVlMM
youtube.com/watch?v=TjUVv7sYZWM
mcmuff.tripod.com/Main.htm
tesguides.com/tes2/
jceason.dircon.co.uk/dagger/dfindex.htm
mcmuff.tripod.com/Spellbook.htm
jceason.dircon.co.uk/dagger/dfmagic.htm
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Attributes
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hints#Get_Ebony.2C_Orcish.2C_.26_Daedric_items
youtube.com/watch?v=6UmEch1eRXo
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=583
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>statue
>do

Here's a bunch of dead assholes that were in/around the room

Attached: dead niggas.png (1917x1071, 821K)

Sometimes they just do nothing but make noises. Sometimes things kill you automatically when you click on them, sometimes they teleport you, sometimes they unlock doors or move statues or bookcases or Christ knows what. If you found what you're looking for already don't worry about it.

Not sure what you mean with this post. As I said it makes noises when I interact with it. In fact it sounds like it's bitch slapping me and then heavenly noises play.

I would that statue

Ah, okay. So it's just a noise maker

>swimming around
>skeleton screams from the abyss and starts chasing me
Thank fuck for water walking

Click to attack is way better than the default, but they really need to make it hold down attack button and continuosly attack. This is worse than Diablo.

>click
>click
>click
>click
>click
>click

Comfy Daggerfall thread

I felt the same way.

uh, do Flesh Atronochs have hard-ons?

When I click to attack it just picks a random direction. The direction you attack influences the damage and accuracy, so doesn't that make clicking less effective

I found some leather gloves that will reduce my defense by three but increase my endurance from 60 to 82. I'm assuming gloves are the way to go?

where do i find good dungeons? all i find is tombs and they're like 5 rooms at best

In daggerfall there's the dungeon of tristane and the web of vermerog. If you didnt know you can search on the world map, just type those names.

>console is active in the ini
>press console key
>nothing happens
anyone? i need to tp to a quest item because it isn't anywhere in the dungeon

Reminder to use the smaller dungeon setting to make the game 10x better

run as a toggle, like crouch would be nice too.

Tilde is doing nothing for you? That's interesting. Maybe your install is fucked?

Where the fuck do I find the dark brotherhood? Sent on a quest from the mages guild to a town to retrieve research notes and there's like 70 buildings

You don't find them, they find you.

So I just wander around a bit in the town and will get attacked?

Get their attention. You know what must be done.

I feel like I shouldn't have to murder someone to get something for the mages guild

Oh I thought you wanted to join. In that case, the best thing you can do is ask townspeople for clues. After all, these quests are pretty much random.

Rank 8 in Mage's Guild and I think I'm done with Daggerfall. These dungeons legitimately are making me go insane

If you don't like dungeon crawling you don't like Daggerfall, no reason to continue

Hmm, I can't seem to find any options to ask about. This town is absolutely massive, so I'm thinking I might just console scum the research into my inventory and move on. I've been running about forver now.

Suicide is the only escape.

Attached: J9uQKXL.png (1600x1024, 3.64M)

Which one is the fucking real, physical mummy? I've killed a fucking lot in its dungeon and the finger is still in my inventory

Also, is there a hotkey to activate or deactivate the GUI? I pressed something and the bars disappeared, alongside the compass.

It opens doors or triggers some effect when you touch it
Ive seen it before in a large room full of doors and when I touched it they all opened releasing bears/Tigers

You have to discover them first before you can travel to them
Either take quests which should mark some on your map, or else look for maps in graveyards

Why the fuck is my guild rank not increasing? Have 22 rep and my skills are all high enough

One month between promotions.

You can only be promoted once a month.

Yes, but its a toggled option for people who can't adapt to the combat.

Yikes, well that makes sense. And it's three months of inactivity for one point of rep loss right?

Daggerfall is essentially a fancy first-person Roguelike. If you don't like that kind of games you wouldn't like Daggerfall.

DOES DODGE STILL DECREASE CHANCE TO HIT?
i fucking quit this game like a decade ago for this nonsense, also critical strick does not do any more damage, despite the manual saying so.

>approach dungeon
>six (6) fucking giants come at me

Attached: 1549048567043.jpg (802x960, 54K)

Hope you didn't forget to bring your cart filled with lube jars.

~
tele2qspawn
tele2qitem
tele2exit
tgm

Attached: CAA14414-DBFF-4120-A3E5-52DF28C2A819.jpg (590x430, 28K)

they fixed dodge
crit actually increases your chance to hit

No
It decreases enemy chance to hit
This was foxed in the classic patch

I didn't and they took turns shoving their clubs into my asshole

By default left ctrl make you "SLIDE", what does it means?

About mods, I downloaded them from the forum, extracted them and then put the .dfmod (only that) in Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets, YET THEY DO NOT SHOW UP. What I'm doing wrong?

>not boosting speed and agility
>not tagging running-jumping-climbing
>not sprinting past everything in the dungeon at sanic speed, grabbing the Q item then sprinting out

Also remember there is zero penalty to selecting “No” for a quest offer
Just don't accept shit quests

post sluts

Attached: 20190804214043_1.jpg (1920x1080, 529K)

>some dumbfuck wants to pay me 70 gold to talk to some girl for him
Never hit "No" faster in my life

I don't accept any quest for less than 500€

gold weighs a lot

>€

Attached: file.png (236x185, 95K)

Is there any greater sight?

Attached: port.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

You've gotta learn to let go....

How viable is it going no armor?

please help

too bad you don't explore by wandering around, everything is fast travel and dungeons.

Look at this whore

Store it in banks, for a modest fee of 1% you can get credit notes that weight .25kg and can be used for everything but staying at inns.

Attached: knight.png (1925x1079, 550K)

Anyone else hate how your spell points aren't listed on your stat sheet

Attached: Untitled.png (1282x752, 243K)

They though you brainlet at least until you get items that modify them

They're listed in your spellbook

Attached: spells.png (1920x1080, 726K)

How do you learn what enchantment a weapon or clothing has?

Mage Guild has a guy that can identify

You must identify it, either at a guild or with your own made spell. Then, click "Info" in your inventory and select the item. Note that it is significantly easier/cheaper to make an identify spell.

Are boys okay?

Attached: Capture.png (1276x791, 1.34M)

there should be a folder just called 'mods' in streaming assets. If not, make one. Also check the mod description if it says to put it elsewhere like the textures or sound folder. but mods is the folder they should be it

Use the smaller dungeons mod

Thanks a bunch.

imagine not being so lucky you're divinely favored lmao

Attached: kano.jpg (1920x1080, 652K)

>only 90 LCK

Thanks Todd

Attached: killable children mod when.png (1453x1053, 394K)

>Vintage Dunmer Titties.
Where do I get daggerfall? Is it freeware?

Attached: 1562579061189.png (532x488, 511K)

Oh fuck you're right, I completely missed it.

Attached: file.png (625x416, 573K)

I would tell you but it seems you're incapable of reading

If you have the Hircine ring the only downside to being a lycanthrope is being unable to become a vampire, right?

>Daggerfall
>Toddler Howard

He worked really hard shilling it online, so hard in fact they gave him the entire series.

>90 luck
>still wearing steel and elven armor at lvl 11
Good to know luck is a dump stat

>temple of Kynareth
>naked bitches everywhere
My kind of temple

I mean the original, not the unity port.

So I was right you really can't read.

Well fuck, now I feel silly, thanks for pointing that out.

Attached: 1541863590981.jpg (625x415, 34K)

Unity port is simply better.

Todd worked on daggerfall too you double nigger
as the fucking skeleton shrieks voice
>youtube.com/watch?v=QKn9yiLVlMM

>get a confidential note that I have to pay a lump sum of gold as a traveler's tax
nigga

I'm an Arkay fag and I'm coming for your undead or unnatural ass

Sifted through a dungeon with stomach rot, cured it, but my HP is fucked. Any way to restore the stat?

Kynareth is the hippie “bras are patriarchy!” Kind of nudity
Dibella is the “50g to cum in my mouth” kind

Where can I get some lewd gifs for the game?

idk man looks like they want some fuk

Attached: kynareth be crazy.png (1921x1079, 744K)

>as the skeleton shriek voice

Attached: 1473518690755.jpg (500x501, 127K)

>When I click to attack it just picks a random direction.
That seems silly, should make it Morrowind style where your movement determines the attack direction.
I don't mind the default swing-to-attack mode however, it didn't take that long to get used to.

You can like dungeon crawling and dislike Daggerfall since it has shit tier dungeons. It literally puts the dung in dungeons.

>ESL

>daggerfall
Probably does literally nothing. Might even crash the game if you interact with it.

Probably not considering OP literally said what happens when he interacts with it you shitposting faggot

I had no trouble with the swiping on the original, something about the Unity version feels off. I don't know exactly what. It's just harder to do it on the Unity version than it is on Dosbox.
And I feel like on the original, your Speed stat made you swing a lot faster than it does on the Unity version.

soon youtube.com/watch?v=TjUVv7sYZWM

They vary greatly in quality. It's a mixed bag for sure, but most of the main quest ones are good, especially Direnni Tower and Mantellan Crux. I was starting to get bored of the game by the time I reached the later parts of the main quest but the final dungeon blew me away and made the whole thing feel worth it. I recommend anyone reaching it for the first time to challenge themselves to not use levitation in it, as it's got several interesting puzzles and paths that you just skip entirely if you fly.

Not trying to suggest that it somehow forgives the poor quality of the majority of random dungeons. Just saying I'm glad I stuck with it in the end despite them, so if you're the type to get bored of the random stuff at least try to stick with it long enough to finish the main quest once.

> The creepy motherfucker in the back

huh, i guess it really is like a hippie commune

most of the random dungeons I've encountered have been decent
usually what I do is pick some region and city as my main base, and just do quests out of there
currently based in the Dragontail mountains and hunting for Covens, found one but still looking for the second one.

use a spell to restore/heal your stats and attributes

>don't worry I'm not like the other wizards I'm on your side

>usually what I do is pick some region and city as my main base, and just do quests out of there

Midbury, home

He looks more like a giga chad than a creep to me

mcmuff.tripod.com/Main.htm
tesguides.com/tes2/
jceason.dircon.co.uk/dagger/dfindex.htm

some prehistoric sites with lots of excellent game information about Daggerfall.

Attached: Screenshot (20).png (1600x900, 217K)

good shit
thanks user

>Tips for Roleplaying

The first thing in which Daggerfall is very different from other RPGs is Df´s wonderful Character Generation. When I make a character I try to make it wellbalanced. A knight fx don´t need any magic and therefore magic could be ruled out. A Knight only wears Plate Armour so all other armor is restricted ect.
If you create an image of your character in your mind before you make him/her you´ll discover that you develop a sort of relationship to your character.

When it comes to the twelve questions it´s wise to ask yourself " What would your character choose ? ". And if the Ebony Dagger doesn´t come to mind when that question is asked, then make a difference and choose another thing.

You can also make your character more personal by making a flaw in the character generation which you normally wouldn´t make. For an example a mage who can´t concentrate on his spells in darkness and therefore is completly unable to cast spells in the dark.

Attached: Screenshot (17).png (1600x900, 306K)

Just got a fighter's guild quest to kill some rats in a house
Went to the house and no rats there, is there any way to trigger them?

for new players struggling with magic
these pages are VERY helpful and have a lot of info as well as some starter-spell ideas

mcmuff.tripod.com/Spellbook.htm

jceason.dircon.co.uk/dagger/dfmagic.htm

Attached: Screenshot (28).png (1600x900, 252K)

press 'R' and loiter for 1 hour

Yeah, bring up the rest menu to "loiter" in the house for a while. They randomly spawn every X minutes/hours of in-game time.

Walk into the Dungeon like what up I've gotta big cock

Attached: Screenshot111.png (249x464, 13K)

thanks bois, worked like a charm
you wouldn't happen to know how do i increase my rep to join the mage's guild?
i want to create spells, and i already have rep with the rich but they say i need to increase my rep with members of the intelligensia

Which region has that background?

Dragontail Mountains

Sweet

Is paid training worth it? From what I've seen it does jack shit but eat your money.

If you have a wagon that money will be chump change.

Yes, but waiting 12 hours inbetween each one is cancer. From what I can tell it gives you less than 1 point each session.

ah... the warm desert air
love that perfectly straight boundary between "mountain" and "desert" terrain

Attached: Screenshot (30).png (1600x900, 456K)

>most of the random dungeons I've encountered have been decent
I don't know about most but there are definitely some well designed ones hidden among the countless mundane mazes. But they start to wear thin when you notice that entire gigantic sections have been lifted from other dungeons you've completed with no changes. I've already memorized dozens of paths through dungeons that work even in ones I step into for the first time, such as the red brick door maze where you cycle through the doors until you get to the small closed room -> pull the lever -> loop back around and that trap door that door 3 teleported you onto is now open and you fall into the pit with the quest target.
Or the one with the chasm in the middle that goes into a small cave, where if you turn right you will usually find the quest target. If it's not there it'll be in a side room in the maze directly above it which is always the same layout, but sometimes has wooden gates added.
Or the big pyramid room with the gap in the middle where you drop into the pit, open the four doors on each side, usually find the quest target in one, and pull the levers in each of them to make pillars come out of the ground to let you climb back out. Also an underwater version of that last one. And on and on. People cheered for the experimental "smaller dungeons" mod but I actually like the large size of them and WANT to get lost, but I can't anymore because I've seen it all. My biggest hope for Daggerfall Unity is that people make some new dungeon blocks and distribute them across the existing dungeons somehow. Unfortunately that might be a while since the dungeon blocks are still stored in legacy format in Blocks.bsa and there's no good editor for them yet.

That's easy: visit a Mages Guild and ask for a quest. One cool thing about Daggerfall is that you don't need to join a faction to work for them: except for TG/DB they all have some repeatable quests that non-members can do to build rep.

did it suddenly get hotter??

Attached: Screenshot (31).png (1600x900, 452K)

I can't wait until this game gets decent graphic mods. And I don't mean the souless photorealism or AI upscale shit.

what's the most efficient way for clearing dungeons
i just wanna find the objective as fast as possible without cheating obviously

Attached: 1484448681007.jpg (500x500, 32K)

1.Get lucky
2.Wonder in a direction

have acute hearing
if you're looking for a specific enemy like a giant/mummy, follow the noises

if you're looking for a item on the ground like giant's blood or something, it's almost always in a small room or the end of a hallway near boxes or furniture

What mods would Yea Forums like to see?

the first mission I got from this kid was to go rescue her kidnapped daughter. Bug or redpilled devs?

I would love something like Smooth Doom, improving the existing sprites with more in-between frames. I would also like better weapon sprites. Making different materials look more unique, rather than just different colors.

Also sexlab

So can anybody explain that ungodly creepy shouting sound that keeps happening in Daggerfall town? I swear I've been spooked more by that than any skellington screaming.

It's the ghost of the former king.

longer loiter time

Does it keep happening? Do I need to lay his soul to rest or something so I don't get the willies every time I need to pawn some shit at the store?

Yes.

Should it just be doubled? Or just have a mod setting where the player can set their own loiter cap for RP purposes?

Mod to make everything super fucking spooky when

Doubled would be fine even 4 hours would be an improvement. Or let the player set , it doesn't matter, I just don't want to have to keep hitting loiter waiting for these guilds to open.

I fast travel back from guild quests and it's usually around 7:00 am and they're not open until 11. So you loiter for three hours and then you gotta click it again and loiter for one more hour. Just let me loiter for 4 hours.

>tfw can navigate in Wayrest without using a map
I guess it's my home now.

>Thievery (updated 2/19/2000)

Attached: 1562457461866.png (184x184, 73K)

>that TES3 speculation section
Imagine what we've already lost on the internet.

Attached: 1562651018528.png (296x434, 505K)

I've noticed the AI upscale looks a lot better with the retro mode enabled.

Some of these dungeons are pretty big huh.

Attached: file.png (1296x1062, 596K)

>Explore all the rooms on the same level
>If you pass by stairs, go up or down them a few steps so it shows up on your map as stairs
>Once you've explored as much as you can on the map level you are on without going up or down, then you use the stairs/ramps
>Go back to step one

are classic saves not really compatible? i loaded up one and i had all my items stats and shit but i don't think any of my quests transferred over
don't really wanna make a new character can i just go do the quests again or what

Attached: 1454130100477.png (424x412, 276K)

I think it's a localized keyboards thing. I'm used to the console key being the key to the left of 1 but that key is different depending on your keyboard layout.

I think so, the console is on ö on my keyboard for example.

This. Though its not exactly a mod. You go into the appdata folder for DFU to change the "smallerDungeons" setting to true in settings.ini.

Click INT and it will show them there. Also spellbook.

>should make it Morrowind style where your movement determines the attack direction.
That shouldn't even be that hard to implement. Maybe worth a suggestion on the forums.

>I had no trouble with the swiping on the original, something about the Unity version feels off
I got the same feeling. Tried tweaking the setting values for it but that didn't seem to help.

lol did you not talk to anyone? The whole story is you were sent there to find out why the old King is spooking people.

This. It's the best feature of Unity port, makes life much easier without taking away from dungeon crawling experience.
I wouldn't mind dungeons being so huge and convoluted if they were somehow easier to navigate without having to spend 3/4 of time inside staring and analyzing that 3D map to see if you didn't miss any corridor and to find secret doors that are somehow visible on that map. It's really annoying when I want to run around and kill stuff and instead I must stare at that 3D map all the time.
Also can't wait for mod that would add some more decorations and thematic stuff to dungeons, they are really empty and barebones, they feel very lifeless and unnatural.

How do you separate sailors in the Khajiiti navy?

With a hammer and tongs.

It's great how pine trees grow on the desert.

Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like the smaller dungeons setting then?
It makes dungeons too small. Dungeons feel like 8x smaller (halved in every dimension). And the loot you end up getting per dungeon is pathetic.
Would be great if there was a way to set the dungeon size.

>spend like 30 minutes holding W to a witch coven to summon a daedra
>it costs 200,000 gold to summon

Attached: 1545764074362.jpg (480x480, 24K)

What is the fastest way to get a lot of gold? And I mean a lot, to buy houses, boats, soul gems, etc. Robbing stores gets very tedious and doesn't really give that much gold for the time invested. Is there a better way?

Turn on the experimental smaller dungeons setting.

The haunting ghost of the king is the whole premise of the game. Zoom zoom.

Level up and raid dungeons for ebony/adamantium/daedric stuff.

They can though

Attached: Pine.jpg (3264x2448, 3.43M)

Raiding dungeons and selling loot

>stores will close for the night
>refine NPC interaction
>more personality for NPCs
>improved role play skills like languages
Cant wait for TES:3 Morrowind!

When it comes to dungeons I do like the sprawling size
But doing one massive crawl after another is exhausting, at least I have the option to relax a bit and do some easier quests in the towns that don't involve a huge crawl

The fact that there is no rep loss for refusing quests is good and I hope unity deva dont change this

Does the item enchant "Repair Objects" also works on wands or they can't be repaired?

why am i having so much fun with this game?
also imagine how hard it can be improved if the modding scene catches on with it.
a mod that reduces dungeon sizes by about 20% could be perfect.

Attached: 1452378068414.jpg (827x755, 81K)

No I like the large dungeons.

There's already a mod that makes the dungeons smaller.

>Mages guild doesn't have potion maker

Potions are for cucks. Making magic items is where's fun at.

Attached: 1532427570167.gif (427x557, 160K)

I actually prefer the vanilla size.

>bash open underwater door
>corpse, loot and dead slaughterfish and one skeleton warrior
>dudes drowned and one became an underwater skele

Slaughter fish are fucking terrifying in Daggerfall

>go on my first quest
>get sent to a dungeon with a shitton of skeletons
>running around dodging skeletons, desperately searching for a piece of parchment
>getting dunked on by passing skeletons
>find the paper
>book it out
The fuck finally let me join the mages guild after that. What makes this game so cozy lads?

Attached: 1551567239811.jpg (715x475, 181K)

Didn't you know? Daggerfall takes place in Europe 2100

This

The Jedi Knight series does the lightsaber combat this way

>RAARRRRRRR in the distance

Attached: Return_of_the_Obra_Dinn.jpg (500x706, 131K)

>it's another romance quest
>it's another beta faggot too scared to talk to a girl so he pays you to do it instead quest
>it's another having to decode some retarded message quest
I really really wish the game let you kill interior NPC's like HOLY FUCK go talk to the girl yourself you lazy faggot, I don't give a fuck that you're too much of a pussy to talk to some shit smelling medieval peasant girl yourself.

Daggerfall
Sentinel
Wayrest
Orsinium
Necromancers
Underking

Who do you side with?

Attached: 78BA3AA1-0396-441B-A512-39A53BA8DA6C.jpg (1024x639, 47K)

Good luck restoring mana without potions

>they fixed the bug where you can level up a shop's gear if you consistently rob it empty for several days
Leveled shit is so boring. At least give me the rare opportunity to get over-leveled stuff

Attached: 1299176319588.png (569x571, 46K)

>Rusty Ogre Lodge

Uriel, your bro who sent you here in the first place. What are you, a traitor?

At least daggerfall lets you find rare shit at low level, its just rare
Raid containers in tavern rooms, they have a higher chance to spawn rare goods at lower levels than enemy drops do

Mannimarco or the undertaker.
Fuck rebels and fuck Empire.

*pats you on the back*
>Thank you for your service ;^)
t-thanks Uriel

Attached: B38BC00D-8D22-436D-99B6-6DA82D825640.jpg (225x224, 13K)

>playing as a mage without Spell Absorption

22 is more numbers then 3.

Just rent a bed and spam some spells to level up as much as you want then enjoy the flood of daedric loot.

It's not even unrealistic. You think the most powerful mages got so by exploring abandoned castles? No, they sat on their ass reading their scholarly books and practiced waving their hand around for hours at a time just like you should.

>tfw found elven dikatana in the starting dungeon

Attached: 1476939143913.jpg (480x243, 15K)

>loot isn't even randomized anymore

Attached: 1503558512278.jpg (1200x1073, 62K)

The two times I have finished the main quest I chose the Orc king guy and Mannimarco.
They're pretty much all canon anyways.

gotta get my magic fix my man

It is randomized
But you cant just open the box over and over again and savescum to get too tier loot since the crates are loaded when that world-square is

So you need to leave the region, then come back and reload it to get new loot in the boxes, I think

The plus side is if you leave items in a container the game will keep them there permanently as opposed to the classic game where they would disappear

its boring

>play as mage with Spell Absorption and tons of mana
>it doesn't even proc when enemies hit me with spells

Oh and
>the mana is depleted to allow for absorption

It isn't randomized in the same way that vanilla loot was randomized. In vanilla you could kill an enemy or come across a lootpile in a dungeon. Everytime you opened the loot it would show something else provided that you reloaded the game in between.

Underking, the mantella is technically his because its his soul powering it and he doesn't use it to control the big robot and roflstomp everyone

No thats correct
It is random but you cant savescum try again and again without totally reloading the square/cell

But Tiber Septim is the Underking

Does luck increase the quality of items you find in loot or not? The wiki says both.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Attributes
>Luck modifies hit chance (modifier = (attacker's Luck - target's Luck) / 10)). Luck does not affect loot.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Hints#Get_Ebony.2C_Orcish.2C_.26_Daedric_items
>Luck plays a significant role in (among other things) determining the quality of items found - not just in treasure piles, but also on enemy item drops and even the stuff appearing on store shelves
Also several sites say that luck affects loot.

Attached: 1434010697677.jpg (1000x829, 164K)

>VENGEANCE

Attached: shoutin.jpg (561x428, 63K)

Nobody knows
Luck is a strange magical, mysterious force
Personally I've never made a luck character except once in Oblivion ages ago, though I cant remember the outcome of that

The main quest is transferred loosely over, you might have to go back and redo some of them

Zurin, his battlemage, which he fucked over to power the big shiny robot is the Underking

People believed it for a long time but interkarma didn't find anything like that when he reverse engineered daggerfall's code: seemingly just affects hit chance, dodge chance, and plays a role in climbing
You hear that same rumor in a lot of rpgs with a luck stat. Confirmation bias takes off and it becomes "fact"

I though Wulfharth was the Underking

Zurin is Wulfharth

I thought Zurin was Talos

I'd like it if the larger dungeons were interspersed with the smaller ones, so you'd mostly get small dungeons but once in a while you'd get a big bitch of a dungeon crawl

For the most part they are
If you look at the colour of the dot, lighter red is a bigger dungeon
Just move to a different region with more smaller dungeons in general

I thought Talos was Yimir

How does it feel knowing that Daggerfall will always be a 4/10 game because modders will make shitty porn mods instead of fixing the game?

In Daggerfall, the Underking is Zurin Arctus and no one else. All that other stuff is post-Daggerfall lore and considering that Talos wasn't a god yet it stands to reason that the Numidium activating at the end of Daggerfall (and the Underking being able to successfully reunite with his heart in every ending except the KoW's) is the point where he, Talos/"Tiber", and Wulf merged into the oversoul and ascended as one.
KoW's ending already showed that the Numidium had the power to turn someone into a God, so that seems to make the most sense given what we see in the games.

I personally love this sort of AD&D inspired crawler like Ultima Underworld

Wait for a mod that will implement stuff to explore and random events while you're traveling into the wild.

The province of Alcaire celebrates “Tibers Day” in honour of his divinity and him being born in that region

Fucking NICE!

>Zombie hits you so hard the dmg carries over into the load save and kills you again
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1260411803127.png (291x311, 13K)

>Zombie hits you so hard the dmg carries over real life and kills you
My brother died that way ;_;

>in honour of his divinity
You're misremembering, there was no mention of that in Daggerfall. The holiday's in-game description is:
>Tibedetha is middle Tamrielic for "Tibers Day." It is not surprising that the lorddom of Alcaire celebrates its most famous native with a great party. Historically, Tiber Septim never returned once to his beloved birthplace.
and the passage in the book on holidays is:
>The more recently created holidays of High Rock are those like Tibedetha, "Tibers Day," celebrated every 24th of Mid Year in honor of Alcaire's most famous, son, Tiber Septim.

Cool, thanks.

Zombies hit like a truck and take ZERO shits

Attached: 7996E072-4D61-4D8A-9DCA-0ABABEC261F8.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

I get that, but the mid-size dungeons are a tad too large for me without the setting off, and the large dungeons are too small with the setting on

>that feeling when your h2h character smashes a zombie into goo in three quick hits
Fucking finally!

Attached: 1557571587710.jpg (656x585, 54K)

Due to the architecture of Daggerfall dungeons the next smallest dungeon after the "small" (one block, privateer's hold style) ones from that setting are about twice the size. You can't have something in between without a complete overhaul of the dungeon system or brand new custom made blocks.

I feel the same after making some real high power spells and blasting an entire group of zombies to bits
Spell absorption is really OP
I can spam a massive fireball and still get my mana back in return

Also I wonder is it possible to poison yourself?
Im RPing a Venom Mage and keep getting poisoned

There is random event/stuff mod though, for wilderness, cities, castles etc. Warm ashes.

That explains why i feel such a calming fatherly love every time i hear the skellies

No porn mods so far. Which is disappointing, at least add high-res 3D nymphs.

You do realize Daggerfall originally intended to have gameplay involving sex, but ran out of time to implement it/make it passably not-quiet-buggy? Right?

>that ancient forum post complaining about the nudity

Hammerfell is a real place?!?

It's based off of Northern Africa/Arabia.

Just statue of Mephala i think

Why can't I advance in rank with my temple (Stendarr)?
My reputation is 27, Restoration 40% and Critical strike 34%
I should be able to rank up to at least Acolyte, right?

You rank up once a month.

You need to wait a month between promotions. Joining a faction is being "promoted" to rank 0 so you won't rank up until 28 days after that date.
Based on your stats and rep you will jump immediately to your highest possible rank on your first promotion. That's good to remember for vampires since even though you lost your faction memberships, you keep your reputation and so can get your old ranks back in every faction you are able to rejoin after a month.

Huh, interesting. Thanks. I didn't read anything about it on the wiki.

has anyone joined a temple and do quest for them? They don't seem to work for me. I get a quest but they don't appear in the journal and I can just get a new quest from the quest giver.
I can't find a list of bugs on the unity version so i'm not sure if it's my game or what

I joined Julianos (made the most sense for my character) and did a shit ton quests, none of them bugged out on me. Playing on unity by the way.

Joined Stendarr and did a few quests. All good.

Can I get my stats higher than 100 with magic or something?

Is there a CRT shader yet?

>My kind of temple
No potions, no thanks
Got myself expelled on purpose after I realized but they DID save my life. Very conflicting emotions on this.

I'm am doing my second quest for the Temple of Arkay
Hunting a Werewolf and its pretty spooky
First quest was killing an ancestral zombie on someones new property

Yeah the game is stupid easy to glitch since there's no "pool" or buffer for stat changes, but instead the game will do stat changes directly, if that makes sense.

>it's another kill the mummy on someone's property quest
Okay after like the thousandth time this happens, you'd think something was up. Is everyone just taking literal shits on their ancestors graves or something? It's ridiculous.

Sometimes in guilds quest text appears but dissappears again when you click. In that case nothing has happened and you got no quest. Just ask again.

Yeah sometimes it works but then it just disappears when I get to the location of the quest and I know that I didn't run out of time.
This is for Dibella's temple, maybe I should try a different temple to see if it works

There are props in dungeon that may activate something or give you effects (kill on the spot, levitation, etc)
This is something new player will never know.

Also, when you activate that statue specifically, it opens all the doors in that room, prompting all the enemies behind them to zerg rush you.

The Numidium? We made it up.

Attached: Riker.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

The Warp in the West? That one was invented by a writer.

Fucking hell, women in daggerfall are fucking THICC

Attached: 1463546829611.png (280x246, 102K)

Why the fuck would you possibly want one?

Godhood? Not this time.

Chim? Pure fiction.

>get banished from Daggerfall, decide to go to Hammerfall
>First NPC I see is this
I know the woman NPCs are stacked but DAMN

Attached: redguard.png (1719x972, 1.39M)

>some faggot tells about the smaller dungeons options in the ini in these threads
>enable it
>dungeons are completely broken with floating disconnected rooms and are made 50% of slopes
fuck you nigger

Attached: 1492043477537.jpg (480x360, 15K)

boobs

Yes, in a universe with magic. Based brainlet.

>leave ebony dagger with repair guy and pay him 33 gold to repair my shit
>sleep irl
>wake up and can't remember who I left my dagger with. Every single fucking armorer doesn't seem to have it and there are like 3 of them right next to each other it could be

Time to reload a save where I had the fucking thing.

Surprisingly viable if you max endurance, agility, speed, and luck early. I just swoose right on in a dungeon, and stunlock enemies with my starting ebony dagger and I've been able to kill like 4-5 guards chasing me. It makes a very good blitz strategy. Couple it with levitation and climbing and nothing is out of your furry grasp.

You even get the added benefit of running faster since you basically have no inventory weight if you load everything sans your dagger onto a cart.

Attached: DosBox_W2dohgsWvo.png (640x480, 79K)

>bannished from Daggerfall
BIG yikes!

minor provinces exist for a reason, so you can fuck shit up there and not ruin your rep where it matters.

just get a key recorder

Attached: DFuChara.jpg (1728x1079, 636K)

Daggerall was full of wimps anyway

Attached: the city watch.png (1728x970, 982K)

Where's your homebase? for me, it's Ipslech in Urvaius

nice

Attached: 1326562366700.jpg (251x249, 11K)

Hey. Does anyone know what rendering API DFUnity uses?
I want to use Reshade so that daggerfall looks way better than it has any right being.

People are still sticking to the old "facts" even when a bunch of it simply isn't true.

Has interkarma done a detailed write up of the stats and skills? It would be really nice to have something that's not code to pass around and help people understand what does what.

I think it's just using some stock standard unity stuff

Been playing around with the code side of modding today - it's a bit of a nightmare depending on what you want to do. A lot of the base DFunity class fields & methods are internal or private, so you're forced to do reflection all over the place like a mad man if you want to access some things.

>>wake up and can't remember who I left my dagger with.
A note indicating who it was left with is automatically made. Hit L, press some buttons. You'll find it somewhere.

>Get the Mix up quest where a shop owner accuses you of stealing his stuff
>reputation as low as it gets
>Go find the guy who possibly framed me at a temple
>People there say he's there, but he didnt spawn in
>Cant complete quest, stuck with low rep and constant 'HALT's

fuck

>You're now visualizing a young Todd masturbating to the pixel tits after the office closed for the day

>skeleton scream is just a Todd's orgasmic moan

Pretty sure it uses the same dungeon generation blocks as it does with the setting off. It just uses less of them. Floating rooms are always present because the procgen occasionally links them up to teleporters.

>If your Endurance is magically enhanced at the time you gain a level, the game will include the bonus for the enhanced END (in case you ever wondered what an item "of Fortitude" was good for).
Huh

>VENGEANCE

I believe Unity runs off Dx11 by default.

>There's perma atribute debuff diseases
Oh fuck this shit

That's pretty good

I think that might be fixed in DFU.

What the fuck does a potion of purification do? Only can only find fucking recipes for it.

Also casting spells in this game is such a cancer.

french keyboard should be ù

> Also casting spells in this game is such a cancer.
Why? I think it's the most simple and fast casting system in the series.

>Daggerfall HD weapons dropbox is down

Shit

It’s definitely not simpler than Skyrim’s. But yeah it’s pretty straightforward.

You can restore stats at a Temple that you're member of and ranked high enough to receive free healing services. You can also use the spell maker to make spells to restore your stats.

I think purification heals diseases and poisons.

They're shit anyway. You're not missing anything. The thread should have links for downscaled versions in the comments because the originals are way too fucking high res.

If you played Morrowind that shouldn't be unfamiliar to you, you can always get it restored but yes there are consequences to getting diseased.

>Threads that aged well
That aside, is he still planning on the stuff mentioned in that last post?

Attached: vapour.png (1516x679, 130K)

I don't remember perma reductions from illness. They got restored the moment you got cured as far as i recall

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL THE FIRST SKELETON JESUS CHRIST HE KEEPS BLOCKING ME.

I say it again, people in daggerfall hates nords more than negros.
I go to a town for a quest and I get arrested for criminal conspiracy, beaten and banished for ever from entering again, I literraly dindu nuffing

Did anyone try the ReShade raytracing with this game?

slash slash back away
slash slash back away

GIT GUD

Attached: 1564820146484.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

Default feels really weird in unity so I am stuck with click to attack

Oblivion, for all its faults, has the most intuitive spell casting.
As far as daggerfall goes, you constantly have to go into menus, the game require like 3 buttons for the whole process (a key for selecting the spell, a key to recast the last cast spell, a key to nullify the casting process), also the whole thing is pretty obnoxious if you are playing a warrior/mage hybrid a problem the game share with morrowind.

SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA SNEEDA

Run away. It's not worth it.

>might boot.webm

Just run past him bro ;^)

Attached: Daggerfall Privateer's hold speedrun.webm (640x400, 2.88M)

DaggerXL was a separate project and is dead, as far as I know

Daggerfall Unity has been a thing since 2009?

>2009 was 18 years ago

Cute feet

Nordniggers are inherently more likely to commit a crime than redguards. Nords should all be locked in the zoo!

Has anyone here tried modding sprites? Is it a quick thing to implement into the game or is it something where you have to learn the engine?

Seems like development ramped up considerably in the last 2-3 years if he's been working on it for 10 years.
Also great dedication from the dev. Then again, that's to be expected from TES autists.

Hope it was a humbling experience, nord scum. Now pay reparations to the poor dunmers

>Not just Alt+F11'ing out of the dungeon

>t. long eared snow

>However, even in the latest official game version (1.07.213), the Dodging skill is bugged, and actually decreases the player's chance to hit by skill / 4%.
Did Bethesda do ANYTHING right?

modding sprites should be as easy as knowing the right name of the sprite and using the right image format, then putting the file in the right folder

>Its free now, what more could you unworthy cretins want?

Attached: 1511386058138.jpg (1024x674, 52K)

I did nothing to deserve that, now I am regarded as a "pond scum " all of the sudden.

Some guy in these threads have experimented with it and its basically this But its a bit harder to get them to animate and the sizes have to correspond a lot to the original

Beteshda has never ONCE managed to deliver a game that isnt buggy as hell even after the last version. Its always up the community to iron out the last bugs. They are honestly quite incapable developers but their projects do have scale.

is this a mod? I don't remember being able to go full nude

So? Text based porn?

Imagine not knowing that the hotkey to return to the place where you last stood still puts you at the end of Privateer's Hold as long as you use it as soon as you start playing

I'm assuming that's corrected in DFU

Nope, I've even ran dosbox in the past to play the official version Bethesda offers everyone for free on their official website. As long as your moma didn't enable childguard, there be tiddies in the game. There is even Nymphs that act as the naked tiddy demon of lewdness. I'm getting training from the temple of Dibella so I can speak to them lol.

Attached: DosBox_tDpmFfnkrM.png (640x480, 85K)

>kicking so fast the skelly clips into the wall

does this affect the unity version?

Take a huge loan and GTFO

Attached: 4d6.png (600x761, 336K)

Yes.
Its fixed.

Dungeons are fine, used your map

Realtime Reflections mod makes the game insanely beautiful. And fucking laggy holy fuck

Lower the resolution and use adaptive sharpen.

Unity version has the nudity censored by default, you have to go to the options before launching the game to enable it back in.

>reflections
For what purpose? Does it show you your own body's reflection when you look into a pool? If not it's shit.

HALT HALT
>do you wish to surrender to the city guards?
>yes
>no

Attached: City_Guard_(Daggerfall).png (124x248, 5K)

Are all cities square?

For anybody having problems launching Daggerfall Unity with the latest Reshade, just rename the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll.

No way. Any debtor that runs away hurts innocent imperial families. How will little Lucius survive another night if you won't pay the 15% compound interest?

Go to bed narcissus

>Played 6 hours yesterday
>Pretty much a struggle right off the bat despite feeling like i rolled and created my class well
>Start a new game today
>Not really feeling as lucky, kinda regret some choices
>But start with steel Dai Katana
>Slaughter everything in the first dungeon. Skellyboi not even offering resistance

*kill with ebony dagger in 5 unmissing hits before even getting the dialogue option*

If that don't work these poor retards never learned to use the stairs. God forbid the Thieves Guild requires you to go up a small fleight of stairs with no wheelchair access.

Attached: DosBox_IoDOhQsVs7.png (640x480, 67K)

CURVED
SWORDS

Dibella quests are too spoopy. I thought I would just have to attend orgies. What the fuck is this about?

Attached: DosBox_34SXo37BJa.png (640x480, 55K)

>neighbors complain about the noise as House Skelly blasts Spooky Scary Skeletons 24/7

I just started playing this game and got killed by the first rat. I didn't expect it to be this hard

I just imagined my great grandfather coming back as a skeleton and kicking us out of the house, the guy was 2 meters tall so it would actually be intimidating

What are some recommended graphical mods?

Yeah, back in my day starting stats actually meant something. Nowadays even the lowest cabbage picker in Skyrim can become the Archmage of the Mage's Guild.

fuck mods, other than the various fixes the installer gives you the option to use, those are mandatory

Attached: DosBox_95U17tMAaP.png (640x480, 59K)

view distance, birds, real grass

That is actually exactly how it is
worked on a creation club mod and got a glimpse at inhouse bethesda lore archive
Talos retroactively became God after Warp in the West, you can believe me or not if you want but that is official internal stance on the issue

A good sharpen filter is pretty much a global texture resolution bump.
I reckon AMDs new Image Sharpening is pretty good, tho you can always use ReShade if that's not available to you.

Is my game bugged? First dungeon, just cleared it all out, and my long sword is at 51% skill from the initial 21%? No other skill has grown besides a very few

Ok... WTF
Does this game have shitty Scaling like OBLIVION or is this a unity added feature?

I'm literally going to the noob dungeons and now I'm finding rare Items like hot bread and fighting goddamned ancient liches and vampires.

Wtf

Attached: 1498093870712.jpg (213x233, 14K)

That's because you don't play skyrim with my autism mod

Is there any way to limit the fps in this game?

Yeah, to add to that: The ending of Daggerfall caused a dragon break where 3 separate timelines were forced to merge due to draconic fuckery. All 3 events actually happened, but all 3 events had to get merged into one timeline.

My mods would kill the strongest computer. Yours is of the weakest.

Attached: 148 Skyrim porn mods.png (576x2960, 243K)

Yes, it had scaling in the original game, call it questionable or whatever but the game is too fucking huge for any controlled levelling and the way enemies are generated when you enter the dungeon

Are any of your skills over 40? You might just be getting really lucky or unlucky, since you can run into those things right out the gate.

>should make it Morrowind style where your movement determines the attack direction
It does though.
The swings even have different properties like in Morrowind too.
I still use click to attack though because 100 SPD makes it really fucking hard to avoid missing out on potential swings while dragging.

Never underestimate the power of sprite porn

Anyone else getting massive fps drops when loading into an area? Only lasts about five seconds, I'm assuming it's from mods?

Are you using that distant terrain mod?

Yeah, that's likely it then being rendered?

What's the best to get the most enjoyment out of this game?

Probably, I was using it too and also noticed the drops

Playing it.

Roll a female character so you can jack off to sprite titties without having to visit a temple first.

Attached: DosBox_PohK7oav8D.png (640x480, 74K)

So does the store "story" when you enter tell the best quality you'll find? Or is it just fluff?

It does and tells you more.
The "incense" stuff tells you that the quality of products is higher but they also give you less money for your loot.
The "shelves cobbled together" stores sell relatively inferior product but give you more money for your loot because they're that desperate for it.

did you pick up expertise in short blade in character creation?

Yeah, I was afraid that might not work at first but I tried it a bit and it was enjoyable.
I was thinking more along the lines of what type of class I should play, and if I should do quests or just go exploring.

So on the install should I just enable ALL the bugfixes or...?

yeah

Speaking of the thieves guild, I joined them and the DB and cant find any safehouses, you lads know any cities that have them so i can see if my shit is bugged?

I am enjoying a dark elf spellblade, points are dumped into INT with some AGI and a small bit of STR.

How the hell do I improve my merchant reputation? The pawnbrokers are ripping of me, selling 5000 worth of items only giving me 1000. I can't do quests for innkeepers because they hate me for reasons? I don't want to be poor forever.

would it be possible to update Arena to have an overworld that isn't literally impossible to navigate?

That's your mercantile skill and PER stat

Arena procedurally generates the overworld in a way that it's not a connected world. You can't walk from a city to another.

>Werewolf spawn in a village
>Rush into the inn, stay until day
>Faggot waits outside. Run to guards
>Nobody does anything
>As i turn to flee a fucking courier bothers me, making the werewolf catch up and kill me the moment i close the window

>dying to a fucking werewolf

what about spanish keyboard?
i've tried every key
they really should add an option to choose what key you want

Level 2 m8tey, with no silver

Probably did a quest that gives negative regional reputation, like assassination or such

Hopefully there's a mod that makes guards/NPC'd react to enemies someday. I was chased into a village by a group of giants and had to kite them for 10 minutes with everyone walking around like no one gave a fuck

just play it and you'll get a better handle on everything.

One day i hope there will be a mod that creates roads between cities. I'm the type of autist who enjoys riding (as long as the distance is 2-3 square max away) to the place

There's already a mod in progress but what's stopping you from pointing your horse in the city's direction and taping down the forward button?

If im not mistaken, someone is working on that

It's more for the aesthetic reason

Attached: random village.png (1600x1200, 1.89M)

Hopefully some talented artists enjoy the game and start modding it
I think there's huge potential with this community, but we'll see a year from now

Is there anything at all in the expanse? Or is it completely empty and you won't even get attacked?

From the screenshot of the world map, it looked like it was going to be a network of straight N/W/S/E roads like you see in US cities. Honestly didn't look that great, to me at least.

There's rarely little groups of enemies

I use the warm ashes mod, which adds random events and encounters/treasures in the wilderness. Doesn't happen every 5 minute, but experienced it occasionally, like a bunch of ghosts attacking me in the middle of a forest at midnight

definitely interesting that it's there, but it's basically completely outside the gameplay loop.

town -> dungeon -> town -> town -> dungeon -> town

ya know, maybe the direction Bethesda went with a compass and location identifiers was really good

MUDDA MUDDA MUDDA MUDDA MUDDA

Attached: 1564832079358.png (2000x2500, 1.28M)

click your INT and it should tell you your spell points

trucker simulator in daggerfall, or pony express of tamriel, just spend your time delivering parcels to remote villages. Horsemanship skill would be cool for this too

Build advice:
3.0x spell points on int is mandatory
High Speed 80-ish
High Agi 80-ish
Take 1 weapon skill
Don't go above 85 in any attribute because of enchantments that take you to 100 from there

Are you just trying to fuck with zoomers?

I'm doing fine with 1x int for my melee though.

Speed and Agi are the best melee stats, attack speed and to-hit rate.

3.0x spellpoints is huge for any spellcasting
you can easily find clothing enchanted with orc's strength etc to buff those

You know, the first TES game I played was Skyrim, but Daggerfall rubs me in a very good way, it has that 90s feeling when games were actually an adventure. Probably just nostalgia for the graphics, still I really like it.

Anyone actually managed to absorb any spell coming from enemy? Did they changed it in unity, it definitely worked in vanilla, I remember absorbing spells from liches or even human mages regularly, here Im level 13 and not once...
Oh btw immunity to paralysis doesnt work, probably some bug, but dont pick high elf because of it or dont choose it as advantage.

Also to the guy with console not working, make sure your keyboard is set to english/us.

Agility doesnt help as much as you think, wouldnt bother with it much. Speed is definitely no1 for melee (or 2 if you want max hp/lvl). Most important thing to hit enemies in melee is to keep weapon up to date, weapons from highend materials provide much more to to hit than agility, luck and weapon skill combined. If one is ok with cheesing, just save before entering shop and reload until you get your elven/dwarven.../deadric daikatana.

Attached: fagatar.png (1718x1069, 583K)

Thieve's guild is decentralized and has members in bars, not guilds like Fighters and Mages do. Same shit in Morrowind and Oblivion. It's only Skyrim where they are bold enough to corrupt Riften to get all their goons together in one place.

>Speed is definitely no1 for melee (or 2 if you want max hp/lvl)
That's what I figured for my character.
Pumped END and SPD as far as I could in character creation and am trying to max them first.
Good to know I didn't fuck it up.

wew havent been on these sites in quite some time. bookmarked for future use. mouse.net I think it was, was a fun site that had a gallery and alot of people posting charactors and various glitches. but that site hasnt been up in 20yrs it seems. man early web had some really good creative daggerfall site. I always ment to download everyones saves and check them out and check their reputations in rep editor/viewer just to see how loved/hated they were in various lands.

Every big city has one, they should show on map like in DOS version but there is a bug in Unity version and they are not marked. Still, you can just find them and get inside and all NPCs are there so you can do quests, get training etc. Thieves guild building always looks the same and has pigs around them and a little fence before door. Same with DB, their building is this huge two story house, easy to spot.

Attached: Daggerfall_Thieves_Guild_Tulune.png (1680x1050, 326K)

Okay pretty straightforward so far and got a static modified npc sprite to work, easy stuff so far, having tried an animated sprite yet but that will be next, thanks for the help.

this^^ I even found a witch in one of the towns in that orc province and kept doing quests for the guy over and over collecting gems/magic items/ and raising my rep with them. I was only about lvl 6 and I had tons of +xx stat when equiped items. And had a short sword of health drain so I would hit people and steal their health. kept that for emergencies. quite a bit of fun not having to be members of a guild and doing quests over and over. and I loved how long it takes to build rank in the guilds... no 4 quests you're grand arch master of all.... if you're stats aint good enough you could have max rep and still be rank 3. I remember I had my barbarian cast the lowest magic spell he could get over and over for months in game til he had enough magic skill to join the mages guild. after that he just kept doing that protect the archmage quest for gear and items and rep. massively fun taking a nonmagic user into the magic realm even if he was gonna be low rank AF for many levels. good times

And oh one huge tip for those new to the game.... unarmed hits any type... no ebony or daedric required just punch and kick your way to fame and fortune... not sure bout unity but in the dos version a 100 speed and high unarmed was godtier deadly on enemies especially with some magic that would boost your stats/skills or damage

>big busty argonian sorceress pacifies mage with etiquette while robbing and murdering his friends with infinite spell absorbtion fireballs
im beginning to like this game

luck>agi

Is it possible to get through the game without fighting? I like trying to take alternative approaches to RPGs.

go to non important provinces (stuff far up north) and take out loans in every towns with banks.... leave said province and onto the next and so on til you have a decent amount in money. only do that crap in provinces you wont ever use or visit or dont care you cant visit from being hunted for owed money. As I said I usually take northern ones and misc ones here and there I never bother with and boom problem solved. Otherwise just keep raiding dungeons or go talk to that one lord in castle sentinal that pays like 1-3k a quest in the far back room with the girl there also

I've heard of a mod "Archeology" or something like that. It revamps the language skills (which pacifies enemies) -- they're high INT and have no skills in combat or magic.

thanks for the help, guess im gonna be looking for pigs and tall houses.

That sounds like when I was living with my ex-wife!

Attached: 4924935.jpg (330x472, 31K)

75 bonus points

Attached: file.png (1296x758, 198K)

This is DB guild house. Might have different wall textures, but the building type is always this.

Attached: ScreenShot1909.png (1920x1080, 3.85M)

Not the main quest, no. Most of it involves dungeon crawling and if you are really persistent and run fast enough through the dungeons you can avoid killing things, but you always have to kill at least a mummy, werewolf, and lich to finish the story.
Like all TES games there is plenty of content to enjoy if you don't want to fight, however. The Thieves Guild for example is an entire faction that never requires combat or dungeon crawling in its quests. And any dungeon crawling quest that doesn't specifically call for you to kill an enemy or collect an item they carry (feels like about half, more or less) can be achieved with stealth and speed.

And this is Thieves Guild building.

Attached: ScreenShot1910.jpg (1920x1080, 700K)

Seriously dude, thanks for the help. I just found one

How do I find dungeons to delve? I just keep fast traveling form town to town taking boring quests that haven't sent me to a dungeon

I always get quests to rescue people in dungeons, usually from shopkeepers or people in the tavern.

Join an organization. Fighters/Mages/DB will send you on dungeon delving quests, as will joining temples or Knightly orders

>tfw steel boots at level 11
>tfw steel gauntlets at level 11
>tfw no Fortify Speed gear

Attached: 3.jpg (2560x1440, 1.02M)

>ancestor of the builder
this nigga didn't even live there then

Ty will look for those quests/orgs

>but you always have to kill at least a mummy, werewolf, and lich to finish the story.
Oh right I forgot but add a zombie to that too, because the King of Worms has a very interesting way of first getting in contact with you.

You've probably just been unlucky (or some might say lucky) that you've gotten nothing but delivery quests so far. If you keep doing it you'll get sent to some big dungeons soon. If you can't wait and want a guaranteed dungeon crawl join a knightly order. All of their member quests, and 3/4 of their non-member quests, are dungeon crawls.

I recently tried daggerfall unity and Woo the first time I walked from a small graveyard to a local city.. never had done that before in game while being able to see that far...... done the run plenty of times but seeing the city in the far distance and when I finally got to the city I could barely almost at all see the graveyard I was just at.

Why can't I open DF tools with unity? Has anyone else got it open?

Attached: red.gif (68x90, 22K)

You have to use a specific version of Unity. I could only get it to work on version 2018.2.21f1

Is there any differences between the regions other than pallets?

The names are different too

>skelly death metal band screaming

I would say dont join a knightly guild right away just do non-member quests for a bit. there's a ton of knightly orders and joining one might ruin a cool one you find later and being able to join. So I usually if playing a somewhat knightly guy will travel to various provinces with orders and do quests til my rep is up with alot of them. I can look up online what each offers if I cant decide.

yo, what level of reflexes do you guys choose?
very high?

I noticed this too. Never absorbed a single spell.

Make a macro my dude, we're on PC.

That's like asking what difficulty to pick in doom these days.

Is the unity port fully playable? Will I be able to do the main quest?

Same here. Absorb spell doesn't work.

but user, they all offer the same services, give the same quests, require the same skills for advancement and have the same rewards. the only differences are what region they're based in.
also if you did want to join another one it's still technically possible, you just need to purposely fail a bunch of quests quests until your current one kicks you out

It works on your own spells

Can someone non retarded answer the question?

How long before futa mods? Every Bethesda game since Morrowind has had them and now Daggerfall has had somewhat of a re-release, so it's only natural.

Attached: 1530092935394.png (904x542, 26K)

It’s the guardian angel of the Joestar family.

Always very high.

>intended use is broken
>exploit method still works
AAA game design.

Protip: the Fighters Guild sucks and there's no reason to join it. You get nothing unique outside of a free bed in the guild hall. Knightly orders are strictly superior, giving you free armor pieces and lodging in all inns.

Thanks

Are you retarded?

Always pick very high, it doesn't increase difficulty at all.

Not true. Fighter's Guild is very convenient way to train weapon skills and other skills because you can sleep in the same building right after training and then go to the trainer after 9 hours and train again. Saves you a lot of running to tavern if you would traini in other places.

well the fighters guild has trainers and, unlike knights, they actually pay you when you complete quests, so there's that
then again knights have the two artifact quests

BASED user JUMPING TO DEFEND THE GOOD NAME OF THE FIGHTER'S GUILD

Are quests buggy? I have one to kill someone and i got info they're in a store buy they're no where to be found inside

I'm in my first dungeon after the tutorial one and it feels like Hell. I have no idea where to go, and I feel like I've been going in circles for the past 30 min

She looks like she wants to get BARBED

Welcome to Daggerfall. Use the map and try to orient yourself, explore one section at a time as fully as you can then move on to the next one rather than just running down hallways randomly. That's what I do anyway.

it is most likely a bug though
there is literal class built around spell absorb (sorc) from enemies

Is there really any reason to ever leave Daggerfall? No quests i've gotten made me leave, and the MQ won't be continued until i'm (i suppose) higher level as the queen of daggerfall won't give me that mission yet.

First time playing, what skills should level up during character creation as a mage?

Yeah, that's the magic with long distance view and Daggerfall. I played the original years ago, but the flat terrain, seriously short view etc ruined the immersion and made it feel pointless to walk.

youtube.com/watch?v=6UmEch1eRXo

Arena Unity WHEN

As far as i understand, nothing in particular other than the region being full of a spesific divines shills and temples. But if you do crime and fuck shit up in a province, it won't carry over to the others

You faggots shilled me into it, installing now. This shit better be good.

Attached: 383f3df9e97e418e39f1ea7de07fc18aeea88a28_hq.jpg (1000x563, 24K)

Where are the lewd mods?

you can't shill for freeware

It's called the base game

Use the smaller dungeons setting.

Other than the main quest and one of the guild quests that were added by that retailer exclusive bonus pack, there's no reason to leave if you don't want to. Unless you want a change of scenery (the desert regions have totally different architecture for most of their buildings for example) you can experience the vast majority of the content of the game without leaving the Daggerfall region. But it won't be as long as you think to continue the main quest, unless you're leveling extremely slowly. You should get a letter pulling you to Sentinel soon and then Wayrest after that.

Do you have autism?

Yeah, as i suspected. I don't particulary care if i have a "reason" anyway, as my custom class is a "wanderer"

The game is too lewd already, calm down you yuckster.

Attached: 1564392738041.png (572x799, 68K)

Person that made that mod is an idiot. He encoded all the images in 64 bit depth, when the game only uses a max of 32. This completely balloons out the mod size to twice the size it needs to be, while adding almost no visible benefits over lower pixel bit values.

Yeah, but that stuff doesn't require you to advance to higher ranks. So doing that is wasting your time.

eh. rolling

the fuck is a yuckster?

Possibly bugged. Try using wait inside the house, some quest need that.

BLACKED BY SPANISH JESUS

Attached: BLACKED.png (824x913, 1.11M)

Basically a cringster, but more gross

what the hell is criminal conspiracy?
i keep getting fucked by guards
is it something to do with quests?
ive only been doing missions i found in the inns

what textures are you using for floors and walls?

Somebody who does things to get yucks.

Isn't he the Portuguese Barbossa?

If your legal reputation gets really low (from getting caught committing crimes, or from that one merchant quest where you're framed for theft) they start arresting you just because they don't like you. When that happens, you're charged with criminal conspiracy. This actually works to answer 's question because it's a pretty good reason to pick a new region to make home.

If you're seen consorting with anyone of the "underground" factions, like thieves or DB, you get a minor hit in reputation and occasionally a crime charge.
Basically, it's as if you were talking with a known ISIS recruiter in front of the FBI or something

Have you tried not breaking the law you dumb Khajit?

Nope you're right ... I thought each faction had differences but after looking on uesp it appears it's just words and fluff and a few different looks for buildings. hmm dont know why I thought it was different.

I basically use ALL of the mods on the DFworkshop. But that one in particular i believe is
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=583
Also replaces many 2d static sprites with actual 3d models, like lightposts and loot.

Doesn't look smug enough to be him

You sure? Haven't read the wikis in years, but i am fairly certain there's (albeit one) unique quest for for them, like with the temple orders

This isn't entirely true. Consorting with the underground factions doesn't ever hurt you on its own, but quests for the Thieves Guild and to a lesser extent the Dark Brotherhood do occasionally require you to break into a house, which is of course a crime and will lower your rep if caught which can then lead to getting criminal conspiracy'd later.

also if you goto the fighters guild in the alikr desert and a few other regions in the desert south it's called the fighter trainers and is considered a holy guild also.. . tho not sure what if any differences besides name it gives. it's a subclass of the fighters guild.

>What the fuck does this statue do?
makes my dick hard.

thanks user

I dunno mate, but granted, "consorting" might mean doing quests for them and thus do as you say, things on their wishes. Never played an immoral character myself.

Attached: court law.png (1413x557, 66K)

I can only imagine how much time i'll spend out in the randomized wilderness... my favorite feature of arena desu. and why I still mess with that game.

You may have been thinking of the Temples, since they each have one unique quest that's added to the shared random pool and they have different skills and a few of them offer different services or unlock those services at different ranks. Five out of the eight temples also have a passive bonus that gets more impactful based on your rank.

The Knightly Orders don't have any of those. You pick the one that's in the region you'll spend the most time in and that's it. It's a shame because the in-game dialogue and manuals suggested that there were stuff like the Order of the Lamp which is a knightly order associated with the mages guild or ones guarding temples but they can't be joined in the game.

Arena and Daggerfall's overworlds felt so gigantic

I'd kill for a modern TES with all of Tamriel fleshed out and explorable.