Win boss fight

>win boss fight
>lost in the cutscene

Attached: EAW0NShXUAALnKM.png (814x456, 255K)

I don't watch the pokemon anime because I'm not a toddler, did something relevant happen?

The final boss of Persona 5

probably not

Hau is cute.

kid in OP "won" against ash in a pokémon league round, only to get cucked immediately after by his own grandfather who announced "nah ash didn't lose. his pokémon is asleep, not fainted *dab*

agreed

wat

>sleep equals fainted
okay retard

This sounds more like something that would happen to Ash honestly.

What was the point of this?
Ash always loses the league anyway.

>pokémon is not conscious and cannot battle

yes, retard. sleep did count as a KO in the indigo league

Ash has indeed lost several fights because his asshole of a charizard kept going to sleep, so this is like some kind of complete reversal.

>*dab*

hau deserved it for being worst rival

He won't lose this one.

Lmao.

Boy those new Smogon anti-stall rules really hurt huh?

Because sleep isn't fainted. Fainted is when a Pokemon is unable to battle. Sleep is when a Pokemon is resting, and can/will still fight. Otherwise moves like Rest, Sleep Talk, and Snore wouldn't exist.

Ash's Rowlet has a running joke of being lazy and falling asleep regardless of how dire the situation he's in. Decidueye and Rowlet clashed with strong moves and both collapsed, Decidueye managed to stand up and the judge called the fight as over but then Hala interfered and Rowlet rolls over on the floor to reveal he just fell asleep not fainted. Then he proceeded to fuck him up in one brave bird and Ash won.
It was fantastic, malasada munchers btfo

Attached: mfj.jpg (800x664, 67K)

thats what they said the last time and that other and that other time and that other time and that other time ..........

He's probably right, this league is Orange league tier, maybe worst because fucking 1 vs 1 teams

Anyone who calls this bullshit is too young to remember the time Ash got cheated out of victory against Richie by a shitty ref declaring that sleep powder was an instant K.O against Squirtle
That being said James should have still home won the league

Attached: D-v0H8qWwAAukra.jpg (464x430, 23K)

>1 vs 1 teams
Jesus Christ.

user, the Indigo League hands badges for believing in yourself and defeating Team Rocket, even if you've lost the actual gym fight, nobody cares what "rules" those degenerate Kantonians go by, their entire league is a a sham

IT WAS HIS FUCKING TURN BROS

Attached: Boone Avenges His Wife's Death.png (640x480, 426K)

>picture

Why the FUCK do these two almost never show up together in-game?

Don't forget Ash's Charizard being completely unaffected by Happy and Charizard decided to take a nap since he was bored and Ash was ruled the loser.

The point is that, even awake, Charizard refused to fight, so he forfeited the match.

Unlike the other leagues, there's no OC rival to cuck him this time.

LMAO

lmao

they could easily make a literal who win the league like they did many times before

How many times has Ash lost or blatantly cheated like against Brock in a gym battle just to be given a badge anyway?

Just because he refused to fight doesn't mean he left the ring or went back in his Pokeball
If a Slaking was doing nothing because of truant, would he be disqualified?

Holy shit, was this a jab at OS when Squirtle was "KO'd" by sleep powder? That's meta

>Rowlet vs Decidueye
Why the fuck do they have the same starter. THE RIVAL IS SUPPOSED TO PICK THE ONE THAT'S STRONG AGAINST YOURS.

>a base pokemon beating a 2nd evolution pokemon
that's fucked up

>Implying there won't be a last minute surprise Galarian contestant that'll flatten Ash's team whit his Gigamaxed Arceus

He was really only given badges and/or cheated in the first season. After his Kanto run he was legit beating dudes for the most part.

Gladion is Ash's rival. Ash also has a Torracat.

Why do people watch this trash?

>Current semi's are Ash vs Kiawe and Gladion vs Guzma
WHO'S GONNA TAKE THE WHOLE THING HOME Yea Forums?

Attached: 1562556910426.png (326x239, 125K)

>Gladion vs Guzma
kino

I hope it's Guzma. That would be the best ending.
So you know it won't happen.

>implying it won't be a Gigamaxed NFE Pokemon for extra humiliation

No, because the Slaking is still expected to do SOMETHING on his other turn. Charizard refused to fight, PERIOD. They aren't going to sit the entire stadium crowd down waiting for Charizard to maybe eventually one day change his mind. If you willingly refuse to compete and waste everyone's time, you're disqualified, it's not complicated.

Ash during the gen 1 period of the anime is a better and more interesting character than Ash of later gens, please prove me wrong

really, please do, I have no motivation to watch anything past the first couple seasons

>gee Ash why does professor Kukui let you have two starters?
Does he have a fucking Popplio too?

I wish it was Guzma, but I know it'll be Gladion

Isn't Gladion practically a nobody in the game? He pops up like twice with his digimon and then you never hear form him again.

No, it's true. Nu-Ash is either a bland cardboard cutout or a spaz.

No, Popplio is Lana's. They wouldn't give Ash a trannymon.

>If you willingly refuse to compete and waste everyone's time, you're disqualified, it's not complicated.

This isn't true in any competitive fighting sport. If you're in the ring and you're simply avoiding your opponent and not engaging him this wouldn't get you disqualified. There's no rules in any sport that state you have to attack your opponent at least once every X seconds or else you automatically lose, and it's actually a very valid strategy if you're tired or ahead in points.

Daily reminder Guzma is gonna be MELMETA'D

Attached: 1200px-809Melmetal.png (1200x1200, 672K)

What happens in the match ring is of no concern to the audience
If in the middle of a boxing match, one boxer wants to chill out in the middle of the ring, he'd usually be punished by the other boxer with an attack, but Sparky was so outclassed by Charizard he couldn't even damage him. Unless idleing deliberately goes against the rules, Charizard shouldn't have been disqualified

he's still more of a rival than fucking hau

No, Lana has a Primarina. Also Ash didn't get Rowlet and Litten from Kukui, he caught them, in the anime lore they're just native Alolan species you can find in the while, same as any other pokémon.

He already used Meltan against Faba.

The Brock fight wasn't cheating on Ash's end.
It was dumb, but Brock should really have an outdoor gym if he doesn't want lose to his own sprinklers.
Second, Brock's siblings physically interfering with Ash was straight up worthy of Brock forfeiting as well.
However, this is all stupid because Brock actually KO'd pikachu but let it keep on going when it woke up.

>He can't win because muh bad boy
>He even lost off screen
It's not fair, fuck writters

>Anime board where you could talk about the pokemon anime
>Pokemon board where you could talk about the pokemon anime
>NO ILL POST THIS ON THE VIDEO GAME BOARD
Fucking nigger.

the absolute state of haufag

>Isn't Gladion practically a nobody in the game? He pops up like twice with his digimon and then you never hear form him again.
You fight him 5 times total, and he's a fairly important story character.

Semis are Ash vs Guzma and Kiawe vs Gladion

I distinctly remember him being given a badge despite losing some time during the Pearl/Diamond season. He was fighting the purple haired kid who had a rampardos I think. Which doesn't make any sense to me because it was a gym battle and that kid wasn't affiliated with the gym.

>for the most part

Sadly true. You can't use the same character for 20 years with the same goal and not expect him to go stale. Rookie Ash actually had some great moments and his loss at Indigo honestly hit hard. He should have won at Johto and then they should have used new characters.

not that user but everyone waiting until ash wakes the owl was fucking retarded, Hala could said sleeping was a status effect and then Hau finish the borb with sky attack

Didnt Ash get rebooted in the latest movie? Is that any good?
Ah who am I kidding. The entire franchise has gone to shit. Gone are the glorious days of super comfy gen3

I liked how they used a protag for each different region in the manga and gave them different goals and ideals.

>Hau crying

Ok I only played through half of sun and moon but wasn't the point of hau that we didn't even care if he lost? I remember him never getting bothered by it. I dunno if I missed something.

The anime completely changed the story and motivations of characters. Hau and Guzma were JUST NOW recently introduced last month.

>Hau and Guzma were JUST NOW recently introduced last month.
Dude what

They could have easily done that for a lot of characters every gen. Alain being the biggest, most recent example. I honestly dont know why they didnt just ditch ash and go with him instead

Ash is the Tobias this time

>Ash is the Tobias this time
Must we go through the DOURAGON KUROU memes again?

>Ok I only played through half of sun and moon but wasn't the point of hau that we didn't even care if he lost?
He grows more motivated to win as the game goes on.

>Hau and Guzma were JUST NOW recently introduced last month
>This anime has been running for a year
What the fuck were they doing all this time?

Lusamine isn't even a villain in the anime. She just wants to hang out with her kids and protect them.

>introducing two relatively important characters in the buck fucking end of the season.

That's so fucking stupid that I immediately believe you because its the pokemon anime and they stopped trying years ago.

Attached: 1255715112047.jpg (375x360, 13K)

Some people really liked it but I wasn't too impressed. It spends too much time trying to milk nostalgia and not enough creating a good story. Butterfree is in there and has no impact on the plot. I think if they had gone full "what if" it'd been more interesting. The second reboot movie was also mediocre. It was fairly generic and the over abundance of characters made it feel rushed.
Yeah, don't know why they don't do this.

>MUH COMIC RELIEF ROWLET
I fucking hate the sun and moon anime

Guzma has not been in the show in any capacity until these few episodes. Same with Hau, who was doing his trials offscreen.

Can't wait until this shit show of a region ends.

Attached: me.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

>かげぬい Shadow Stitching
>translated to Spirit Shackle
FUCK LOCALIZATIONS

>he didnt know about shadow tag
user.....

t. butthurt XYgotes

Attached: 1564944330863.png (1425x655, 394K)

Which one of these three would you remove to fit Hau into the group?

Attached: pokemon girls.jpg (1200x675, 129K)

>Hau and Guzma were JUST NOW recently introduced last month.
Wait what? That can't be right. The English re-runs I catch on tv from time to time have the whole "Guzma and Lusamine go to the ultra dimension and get mindraped by Lilliefish" stuff. Which means it had to have happened in Japan like months to a year ago.

Sophocles.

Lusamine got kidnapped by the ultra beast Guzma wasn't there.

>friend can't win boss fight
>he keeps resetting his save state whenever he loses
>it's vile 1 in the first stage of mega man x
I had a long laugh after letting him try it until he rage quit then showed him how to "win"

Tfw they should have just used the protags of the games after gold and silver. But ash is too popular and rooted in to ditch. Gamefteak only has themselves to blame. They could do so much more with the anime without him.

>lose in the fight
>win in the cutscene

Attached: fat maelk.jpg (421x467, 35K)

>Board culture sucks and doesn’allow decrnt discussion for things that are literally on topic for their board
more news at 11

None because it have probably meant less doujins

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR TURN

Attached: 489f1df38101d127562c732198eb911698619857_hq.jpg (768x576, 40K)

we had pokemon threads for the end of x/y on Yea Forums too you fucking faggot

>Point out how you lose in a cutscene to a friend
>He goes on a tangent about how the characters didn't lose, they just ran away because they were getting their asses kicked and how it's completely different

Attached: 1546600416335.png (800x720, 984K)