I want to go back

i want to go back

Attached: 2601413-1323159244-Dark-.jpg (890x1024, 249K)

Golden age is over, boy. Get over it.

>Make one of the best games of all time
>Follow it up with two absolutely awful sequels
What went wrong, Yea Forumsros?

Attached: Hollow-Wojak.png (493x514, 412K)

I agree, DS2 and BB where garbage follow ups.

>era of cod clones and brown palette
>golden age
God I fucking hate zoomers

>You will never be invaded for the first time again
>You will never chug through blighttown at 12fps again
>You will never unknowingly release Lautrec again and wonder where all the other NPCs are going
>You will never have your mind blown by discovering you can revisit the tutorial area for the first time again

Go back to Tetris, Boomer.

I liked ds3

BB wasn't a das sequel, but good bait, made me respond

I really miss ENB's stuff from back then. There was nothing more comfy getting home from college and blitzing through Dark Souls with a new build idea on 1 monitor with Dark Days playing on the other.

I miss not knowing everything about these games too. Even as late as 2013 it felt like Dark Souls still held some secrets. The industry of analysis/lore channels absolutely cannibalised the later games of any mystery or intrigue within a few weeks of their launch.

I don't

Attached: dark-souls-3-cover.jpg (800x1128, 562K)

why havent more game developers tried to copy dark souls after its massive success? are they just too lazy?

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

you can, just play it again

Why the comma?

you can(go back), just play it again

(you)

Attached: shittersmakegoodbosslookbad.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>online broken on launch
>silky smooth 20 fps
>full of japs on wifi teleporting behind you
>gank squads everywhere
>BB glitching twinks everywhere

I'd rather go back to early DaS2

>Follow it up with two absolutely awful sequels
Truth.

>where

>Make one of the best games of all time
lol you probably actually believe this

Ds3 was good

Attached: DARK-SOULS™-III_20160506175421_1.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

I agree. They should have stopped at Demons. Dark souls and everything after was a mess of garbage.

>ds3
>bad
Only because you're a hipster

But he's right. Thousands of people still play it every single day. Even if the ps360 versions kill their servers, it will live on through private servers. And then there's PC. Demon's Souls is the only one that really got fucked over. It was the first completely original game of the genre and it flopped and never got a big enough following to keep it constantly relevant like its younger brother. A DeS thread would probably 404 quickly, while DaS threads regularly hit bump limit nearly a decade later.

>2011 was 300 years ago

Attached: 1554219828739.jpg (1024x924, 84K)

I know right. When things were pure and the community wasn't total trash. Not sure why you posted Dark Souls though.

Attached: withdrawnfromitsvesel.jpg (660x371, 131K)

The problem is Namco and FROM signing a 3 game deal, it's abundantly clear DS1 was supposed to be a self contained game and it's also evident the sequels were rushed, undercooked, and creatively bankrupt as a result.

>we are closer to 2026 than 2011

It all led up to Sekiro so everything was ok in the end

There will never be another world as wonderfully interconnected as this, that give you those wow moments because it's too much work and time required that you end with izalith levels of finished areas.

now that the one off, forgotten nipponese spinoff is out of the way, we'll get Elden Ring
and by the sounds of it, we're coming back to the roots which might mark the first great game since BB

R u dumb?

Somebody never played Demon's Souls.