It was pretty good

It was pretty good

Attached: C.jpg (460x215, 45K)

>Celeste is legitimately one of the worst 2D indie platformers eve-

Attached: Celeste Platforming.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

who are you quoting

Not him but a lot of Yea Forums seems to really hate this game for some reason. They probably can't deal with the fact that the game actually tries to have a story instead of being pure gameplay.

Yea Forums hates it because it won a bunch of awards and because the main composer is trans. Yes, it won many of the awards because the story is about self-discovery instead of world saving or cynicism. It also plays really well and looks really good.

Well yeah, it was

*lures heat-seeking missile behind you*
何も個人的な

Attached: Switch_NPlusPlus_description-char.jpg (360x490, 144K)

>because the main composer is trans

Don't come here and make up shit. Yea Forums hates it because the abortion.

>because the main composer is trans.
I don't understand how this is relevant to the quality, or lack thereof, of the game.

There's no abortion. That was a myth spread to bait morons like you. Go ahead and read any plot synopsis not on Yea Forums.

It's not, it's just pol morons chomping at the bit to protest anything associated with trannies.

It was excellent but pretty stressful and I never touched it again after beating it.

Very big understatement. I pirated it on pc but bought it on switch just because it's that good. Also it triggers the fuck out of Yea Forums so that's a plus.

Attached: 2019-03-29 18.26.39.gif (340x340, 148K)

It’s nothing special. That’s it. It’s not bad or good, just middle of the road with a 2deep4u story. It’s Braid 2.0.

>implying its portrayal of a serious panic attack as "oh no i'm slightly nervous [literally 10 seconds later] i'm okay now :)" doesn't completely obliterate the legitimacy of any point it may have been trying to make about depression
It's almost "Depression Quest"-level bad. Gameplay is still great though.

>It’s Braid 2.0.
God no. Braid absolutely shits the bed the closer you reach the true ending, Celeste is always straightforward with you and never tries to be anything it isn't or masks its true intentions.

Since when is getting that good any fun?

>Not him but a lot of Yea Forums seems to really hate this game for some reason
From what I've seen, the general attitude is:
- Good puzzle-platform game with solid difficulty especially later on. The evil-twin thing is kind of cool.
- Annoying pixelshit art style.
- Mildly annoying story that really feels written by (and for) Leaf progressives.
- Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, N++, IWTBTG and La Mulana are probably worth playing first if you haven't played them.

>IWTBTB and La Mulana
Weird recommendations for this genre but okay.

I've never played it, but I can confidently say it's shit.

This but unironically.

How did game journos ever beat this game and enjoy it enough to give it such high scores? This looks too hard for them.

>people who ordered from limited run still dont have thier game
Lol

La-Mulana fags will go out of their way to plaster their intentionally obtuse garbage everywhere

Lets plays

>Yea Forums in a nutshell

There's literally "Assist Mode" that has options for invincibility, slow time, and flight.

There's "game plays itself" options. I doubt they even bothered to hit credits with that, still.

Attached: 1564102323367.png (263x329, 93K)

And likewise once you beat the entire game you unlock "Variants Mode", which has options to make the game more difficult.

Platformers literally get me butt frustrated. Like I'm not exaggerating I get this tingling feeling in my butt and can't sit still whenever I fall off something and get sent back to the beginning.

Donkey kong country returns sounds like the game for you user

And. It's a colorful platformer starring a little girl who isn't sexualized in game.

That nets it an 8/10 without even having played it for game journos.

imagine how smelly and sweaty madeline's feet were once she got to the top haha xD

Should i get this game or a hat in time?

>should i buy tranny game or tranny game

AHiT, it supports modding so there's a bunch of user-created levels, abilities, and other content including one that removes the trans flag graffiti in the Nyazuka Metro DLC

It is. It's easily the best indie I played, not as creative as Papers Please, but the gameplay is excellent, the music is really cool and the story is a nice addition that makes this game a "complete experience".

no one "hates" the game. It's just bad. But there's a guy that keeps posting the same thread over and over and over.

An user proved it some time ago, he was using the same image with the same hash. It's just annoying, I hope it's not the same guy, or he has serious issues.

And then a lot of the other posters instead discuss the game goes like "I bought it!", "I pirated it and then I bought it!", "Just pirate bro! If you like it buy it!". And shit like this. It really makes you think.

Cope

They don't always finish their games before they review them, they usually just play enough to kinda look like they know what they're talking about and move on to the next game.

A Hat in Time, definitely.

>It was pretty good
Agree, I liked it much more than I thought I would. Also, the music was pretty comfy and imo it was unfairly overshadowed by RDR2 in Game Awards.

>It's just bad
Because you say so?

Attached: Madeline.png (1632x2168, 1.63M)

>normalfags: it's about a girl fighting depression and/or panic attacks
>Yea Forums: it's about abortion
>me: it's selfcest yuri
I liked the story.

>muh depression.

It's shit.

>it was unfairly overshadowed by RDR2
kek

See?
This' I'm talking about.

Poor man's Super Meat Boy.

Why not IWTBTG?

>imo it was unfairly overshadowed by RDR2 in Game Awards.
holy shit, you indie shills are fucking delusional.

>This' I'm talking about
You mean the fact one of the biggest video game producers got sucked off at every step of the way for every single irrelevant thing they did (remember the horse's shrinking balls bullshit) by every single game media outlet so they'd be on Rockstar's good boy list? Nobody said Celeste is the God's gift to gaming, just that it knows it's a game, not a horse-riding simulator.

IWTBTG is based on trickery and memorization, rather than good level design or gaining skill..

(you)

>it was unfairly overshadowed by RDR2 in Game Awards.

Attached: danteCringe.jpg (811x811, 449K)

The only problem I have with it is that it gets too gimmicky at times. I'd rather have a game entirely focused on straight forward platforming, like Dustforce. There are barely any moving parts in its level design and the only interactable elements are the enemies.
Celeste could ramp up the movement complexity, with the momentum boosts by dashing into the ground and shit like that, instead of adding a new gimmick with each chapter. Some are cool and go well with the platforming (the things that launch you into the air, the platforms that move with your dashes), but most are just uninteresting because they were already overdone (that chasing anxiety thing) or they add very little to the momentum-based gameplay (bubbles, that power-up that lets you fly).

That's a fair assessment and I agree with most of what you'd said. I'll also have to check out Dustforce now.

>indie platformer with two second levels and infinite lives
>good
Pick one.

>two second levels
Show me a 2s speedrun of the first level.
>infinite lives
So a casual babby like you can finish it.

>Show me a 2s speedrun of the first level
Learn hyperbole.
>So a casual babby like you can finish it.
The game is casual.

It was total shit and the last time I'll ever trust Yea Forums on recommendations.